Old 04-26-2014, 08:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Ok, thats enough you guys.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:39 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Received 443 Likes on 290 Posts
If this is how adults act, I don't think I want to be one.
The following 6 users liked this post by VR1:
Crazy Bimmer (04-26-2014), Hapa DC5 (04-27-2014), Joneill44 (04-27-2014), justnspace (04-26-2014), MeehowsBRZ (04-27-2014), ttribe (04-26-2014) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-26-2014, 10:52 PM

Received 5,937 Likes on 2,928 Posts
Originally Posted by Fibonacci
You are still under suspicion for driving a chick car.
Your conduct in this thread is beyond obnoxious.

Originally Posted by VR1
Good call.
The following users liked this post:
cjTL (04-27-2014)
Old 04-26-2014, 10:54 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Originally Posted by VR1
If you don't buy a 4G TL, it's all good.
MeehowsBRZ (04-27-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 05:53 AM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Originally Posted by ttribe
Pot, meet kettle.

Originally Posted by JS + BRZ
You are the one who is driving a fucking beakmobile.
cairo333 (09-29-2019)
Old 04-27-2014, 10:42 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
Hipster beta male discussing athleticism.

Acura needs better marketing and a product to back up their claims.

Once again, the TLX is a step in the right direction albeit not the leap we were hoping for. If a Type-S comes to fruition I'd definitely be interested in checking it out and driving it.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 762 Likes on 570 Posts
cool. story. bro.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
Hipster beta male discussing athleticism.

Acura needs better marketing and a product to back up their claims.

Once again, the TLX is a step in the right direction albeit not the leap we were hoping for. If a Type-S comes to fruition I'd definitely be interested in checking it out and driving it.
I've no doubt it is better in every measurable way than the outgoing model. I'd be interested in the 4-cylinder model. I already like the interior way better than the plasticky TSX's. At least TLX has some tasteful fake wood to make it a nice place to be - or is that just the V6 interior?
Old 04-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
How long before Fibby starts telling Ferrari owners they can keep their POS super cars because he got a great deal on the 4uGly TL?

Originally Posted by jiggaman
is this a conversation about the TLX or Ford Fusion? lol
TLX + every car fanboys can bash to deflect criticism off of the TLX.

Last edited by MeehowsBRZ; 04-27-2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:43 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Received 443 Likes on 290 Posts
Originally Posted by MeehowsBRZ
How long before Fibby starts telling Ferrari owners they can keep their POS super cars because he got a great deal on the 4uGly TL?
Why are you instigating?
VTEC Racer (04-27-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
Originally Posted by VR1
Why are you instigating?

Clearly you have a Fibby filter on your computer if you think I'm the instigator.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:37 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by phile
I've no doubt it is better in every measurable way than the outgoing model. I'd be interested in the 4-cylinder model. I already like the interior way better than the plasticky TSX's. At least TLX has some tasteful fake wood to make it a nice place to be - or is that just the V6 interior?
It's real wood.
Old 04-27-2014, 10:00 PM
Pinky all stinky

It's not. Read the press release. "Wood accent trim" - it's the same nicely phrased way of avoiding "fake wood" on all the press releases for other models. don't believe that post on tov from the guy who thinks that cars.com article is correct. Besides new MDX RLX - fake wood - what makes you think they'd start on the TLX?
Old 04-28-2014, 11:31 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
I thought Mat came across as someone who is very enthusiastic about the car. It's a bit embarrassing that he does not know the answers to quite a few questions, but the positive side is that he admitted right away rather than BS'ing his way through like some other people do.

As the chief engineer, I doubt that he would know all the nitty gritty details off the top of his head. I'd imagine his main task is to make sure the car meets all of the design targets within a set budget. Individual components/parts are managed by different engineers/managers and those guys would know the details much better I'd think.

With that said, it's funny how he can't convert from litres to US gallons. That should be fairly basic IMO unless you want an accurate conversion.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:34 AM
I drive a Subata.

If you are a chief engineer of ANY PRODUCT, you should know everything about it, period.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:47 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Maybe someone knows the answer, but what is actually engineered in NA for Acura? What decisions are made in NA? Its a safe bet Mat has zilch to do with the power train engineering of the TLX but what decisions do they actually have power over? My impression is, not many. And that Mat is more co-ordinator than engineer. Just my perception.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:51 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

As a mechanical engineer, I have to say that knowing everything about your product can be a bit too demanding, especially for a vehicle. At that point it's more of a memory test rather than anything. An engineer is supposed to solve problems. A good engineer is supposed to solve problems at the lowest costs in the simplest ways. Having good memory is great but to know everything is extremely difficult, especially when you've got so many parts/components coming from different parts of the world.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:53 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by dom
Maybe someone knows the answer, but what is actually engineered in NA for Acura? What decisions are made in NA? Its a safe bet Mat has zilch to do with the power train engineering of the TLX but what decisions do they actually have power over? My impression is, not many. And that Mat is more co-ordinator than engineer. Just my perception.
That's how I feel about his role too. He's more like a chief co-coordinator, project manager/director with a strong electrical engineering background.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:55 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Yah but the thing is he was there to unveil the brand new car.

It should have been expected to that certain questions will be asked if you were to Chief of Pretty much any position.
the way he reacted seems he was not prepared at all. Then don't show up!

If our company is asked to make a presentation to the media or a customer, everyone will be asked to review the materials regardless if you are the presenter or not. because you never know who will be asked to answer questions. especially if your title starts with "Chief"

Last edited by oonowindoo; 04-28-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:15 PM
I drive a Subata.

Originally Posted by iforyou
As a mechanical engineer, I have to say that knowing everything about your product can be a bit too demanding, especially for a vehicle. At that point it's more of a memory test rather than anything. An engineer is supposed to solve problems. A good engineer is supposed to solve problems at the lowest costs in the simplest ways. Having good memory is great but to know everything is extremely difficult, especially when you've got so many parts/components coming from different parts of the world.
That's how I feel about his role too. He's more like a chief co-coordinator, project manager/director with a strong electrical engineering background.
That's because you are not on the business side of the company.

As a chief engineer, who was in charge of unveiling a brand new car, he should have known every single little thing about the car.

Every employee should pretend like they are the VP of Marketing anyway. That's pretty basic.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Honda Fanboy

It's not. Read the press release. "Wood accent trim" - it's the same nicely phrased way of avoiding "fake wood" on all the press releases for other models. don't believe that post on tov from the guy who thinks that cars.com article is correct. Besides new MDX RLX - fake wood - what makes you think they'd start on the TLX?
Are you sure about that? The press release actually says "wood-grain accents" twice. When it comes to design, the word accent can be used to describe something that is a highlight of some sort/a contrast. It does not mean fake in any context. The same press release also says that the TLX will have LED accent side-mirrors. I don't think there is such a thing as fake LED's now.

Additionally, Acura has traditionally referred to their fake wood as 'simulated'. Even in the latest MDX brochure it is referred to as simulated wood trim. There is no accent, which doesn't mean fake in any way.

Just because the RLX or MDX doesn't have real wood doesn't mean much. The TLX as it is already has more advanced technology than both the RLX (FWD) and MDX, and rightfully so considering it's coming out almost 1.5 years after both cars. Acura didn't hold back on that front, I don't see why they would for the interior either. I could be totally wrong though.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:27 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
They engineered the Bette Midler commercials in NA.
They engineered the athletes taking off/putting on their clothes again commercials in NA.

They engineered the slogan "Made for Mankind" in NA.

:wink:
fsttyms1 (04-29-2014)
Old 04-28-2014, 04:18 PM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by MeehowsBRZ
Why would I do that? Now you just sound ridonkulous.

But 0-60 in 5.2 is not too shabby for a pack mule, so come at me bro.

If I pass on a 911 variant or NSX and learn Italian, do you promise to troll my Pininfarina thread?
Old 04-28-2014, 04:22 PM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
They engineered the Bette Midler commercials in NA.
Filmed in SoCal

They engineered the athletes taking off/putting on their clothes again commercials in NA.
Snapped in SoCal

They engineered the slogan "Made for Mankind" in NA.
Designed in SoCal

I sense a trend here... all the above from the wacky land of fake boobies and Moogelino.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:25 PM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by dom
Just my perception.
He seemed goofy and not at all buttoned down. Or he was
Old 04-28-2014, 05:21 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by Fibonacci
Filmed in SoCal

Snapped in SoCal

Designed in SoCal

I sense a trend here... all the above from the wacky land of fake boobies and Moogelino.
No fake boobies in your land of sag? Why you mad?

Meanwhile perhaps Honda should relocate completely to Ohio.....can you imagine the minds they have out there for advertising?!?!?!

I think Honda advertising goes to the low bidder, sitting outside the "medicinal" herb clinic in SoCal. They clearly smoke the same good stuff Honda smokes. :wink:

Perhaps they should go back to having Seinfeld sell their vapor car.
Jokemen for joke cars?
Old 04-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Pinky all stinky

Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
Are you sure about that? The press release actually says "wood-grain accents" twice. When it comes to design, the word accent can be used to describe something that is a highlight of some sort/a contrast. It does not mean fake in any context. The same press release also says that the TLX will have LED accent side-mirrors. I don't think there is such a thing as fake LED's now.

Additionally, Acura has traditionally referred to their fake wood as 'simulated'. Even in the latest MDX brochure it is referred to as simulated wood trim. There is no accent, which doesn't mean fake in any way.

Just because the RLX or MDX doesn't have real wood doesn't mean much. The TLX as it is already has more advanced technology than both the RLX (FWD) and MDX, and rightfully so considering it's coming out almost 1.5 years after both cars. Acura didn't hold back on that front, I don't see why they would for the interior either. I could be totally wrong though.
Really? You're really that dense to try to take two different use of the word "accent" out of context? There is no hope for you.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:56 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by oonowindoo
Yah but the thing is he was there to unveil the brand new car.

It should have been expected to that certain questions will be asked if you were to Chief of Pretty much any position.
the way he reacted seems he was not prepared at all. Then don't show up!

If our company is asked to make a presentation to the media or a customer, everyone will be asked to review the materials regardless if you are the presenter or not. because you never know who will be asked to answer questions. especially if your title starts with "Chief"
That's because you are not on the business side of the company.

As a chief engineer, who was in charge of unveiling a brand new car, he should have known every single little thing about the car.

Every employee should pretend like they are the VP of Marketing anyway. That's pretty basic.
I see where you are coming from. It's true that you are expected to be able to answer most questions from the media. But then this is TOV we are talking about, some of the questions are more interesting than usual.

I think for most people, being the chief whatever means you are the Mr. Know it all. But from my experience, being the chief guy means you need to be able to see the big picture. For instance, the chief engineer would probably don't know what's the wattage of the turn signal bulb is, what the part number is for the valve stem, etc. You simply can't know every single little thing.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:03 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
I see where you are coming from. It's true that you are expected to be able to answer most questions from the media. But then this is TOV we are talking about, some of the questions are more interesting than usual.

I think for most people, being the chief whatever means you are the Mr. Know it all. But from my experience, being the chief guy means you need to be able to see the big picture. For instance, the chief engineer would probably don't know what's the wattage of the turn signal bulb is, what the part number is for the valve stem, etc. You simply can't know every single little thing.
No one can know everything all the time. But he should have review some of the data sheet he received prior the unveil. Then he can forget about it and move on to the next big thing.

It is all about preparation. you are right, for the most people if your Chief Engineering does not even know the specs of TLX, then who would?
Old 04-28-2014, 06:12 PM
I drive a Subata.

Now you are being way too extreme with it.

Just say that he effed up and move on.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:12 PM
Honda Fanboy

Really? You're really that dense to try to take two different use of the word "accent" out of context? There is no hope for you.
Why are you trying to make it about me rather than just replying like an adult? If there's no hope for me, then...
Old 04-28-2014, 06:15 PM
I drive a Subata.

Why are you trying to make it about me rather than just replying like an adult? If there's no hope for me, then...
Because VTEC Racer
Old 04-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Honda Fanboy

Because VTEC Racer
Old 04-28-2014, 06:32 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

This thread is the Water Hole.

Acura and their apologists poisoned it.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:37 PM
I drive a Subata.

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
This thread is the Water Hole.

Acura and their apologists poisoned it.
I own Acura. I must defend it.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:57 PM

Received 5,937 Likes on 2,928 Posts
That took slightly longer than usual for V to get to his "Don't make this about me!" post.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:04 PM
I drive a Subata.

That took slightly longer than usual for V to get to his "Don't make this about me!" post.
He thought he had a chance to win the argument with "accent" wood trim.

But then, he realized that he was going to get exposed again, so he pulled the V card right away.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 762 Likes on 570 Posts
so you're saying that 'accent' means 'fake?'
Old 04-28-2014, 08:34 PM
Honda Fanboy

He thought he had a chance to win the argument with "accent" wood trim. But then, he realized that he was going to get exposed again, so he pulled the V card right away.
Oh to the contrary my parrot friend. Your buddy presented me no argument for me to escape from in the first place. He pulled his 'V card' and Vag'd down to deferring from the topic at hand and instead focused on me. Kind of like what you're doing right now: contributing absolutely nothing productive and only instigating drama by repeating things that other people have already said, over and over and over again. And to top it off, not a single remark was directed at you. If only your Scion was as fast as your willingness to start drama, drama queen. Get a life.
cairo333 (09-29-2019)

Quick Reply: Acura: TLX News