Monthly Car Sales news

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by MyCarIsntInMyWifesName
"Fleet sales are a negative, even Hyundai thinks so. Glad to know you're more positive than even Hyundai is though."

Who said that?

Yeah, well I guess someone needs to tell VWAG, Daimler, and BMW because:

"Audi and BMW "have the fewest private customers of all brands in Germany," with just 33.5% and 32.8% respectively. Mercedes was least likely to send a vehicle to Deutsch Hertz, with 50.1% going to private owners. VW rang in at 47.5%, Ford at 41%, and Opel tallied 39%."

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/12/f...-issue-abroad/

Some people just fail hard when they open their mouth and spew shit they know nothing about
Wow, the guy who has been car shopping for the past ten years posts a link and all of a sudden he thinks he's cool. Still looking for that car, man? Or are you still as indecisive as Rosie O'Donnell at a Hometown Buffet?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,798 Likes on 13,981 Posts
"Fleet sales are a negative, even Hyundai thinks so. Glad to know you're more positive than even Hyundai is though."

Who said that?

Yeah, well I guess someone needs to tell VWAG, Daimler, and BMW because:

"Audi and BMW "have the fewest private customers of all brands in Germany," with just 33.5% and 32.8% respectively. Mercedes was least likely to send a vehicle to Deutsch Hertz, with 50.1% going to private owners. VW rang in at 47.5%, Ford at 41%, and Opel tallied 39%."

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/12/f...-issue-abroad/

Some people just fail hard when they open their mouth and spew shit they know nothing about
Alright, folks...love the debate but, let's keep it from getting personal. I'm gonna ask once nicely...!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha
Alright, folks...love the debate but, let's keep it from getting personal. I'm gonna ask once nicely...!

Old 10-07-2010, 01:37 AM
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEC Racer
CP, when you and I had our debate last year or so, it was because you were insistent on defending your best buddy, SSFTSX and CJ. I never threatened you by saying I was going to run you off of here. The only reason why I even PM'ed you was so I could respond to a post you made to me but that thread was shutdown so I couldn't respond back. I have all the messages in my inbox, would you like me to post it for everyone else to see? No need for lies and definitely no need for your only post in here to be directed towards attacking me. Obviously, you're still bitter.
Bitter...No. Humorous...Yes.

By all means dont let me stop you "Post Away". (Im sure no one here in Automotive News really cares though)

I think you have ruined this thread enough already. I see you have started a thread over in "Forum Suggestions" being you have found Dom and other mods here to be so offensive.

https://acurazine.com/forums/acurazine-member-help-support-suggestions-area-363/moderators-moderate-793852/

If you have anything else thats a problem please post it over there in your own thread and leave this thread on topic.

Last edited by cp3117; 10-07-2010 at 01:44 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:19 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,159 Likes on 2,583 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6
As overall car sales--and most of the rest of the economy--remain cool, the luxury market continues to heat up, with several manufacturers posting record sales in recent months. Mercedes-Benz in particular is on a roll, thanks in part to the misfortunes of Lexus and parent Toyota. As of September, Mercedes managed to take the top U.S. luxury sales title from Lexus.

Lexus had led the way through the year to date, but Mercedes' surge on the back of Sprinter vans and E-Class sedans pushed it over the top. Total sales for Mercedes so far are at 165,427, almost 3,000 more than Lexus. BMW is closing the gap as well, at 157,464 cars sold through September.

According to Automotive News, BMW could be selling even more cars if it could keep inventory high enough to match demand. The X3 in particular is in short supply.

Audi is posting solid sales figures itself, posting its best-ever third quarter this year, though its 23.6 percent year-on-year rise in total sales to 73,590 isn't enough to keep pace with the bigger German marques.

Beyond the Germans and Lexus, total sales volumes are up, but not in the range of the top three. Cadillac, for instance, has sold 44 percent more cars through 2010 than to date in 2009, but is at just 12,620 cars total. Lincoln, likewise, is up 25.6 percent for September and 6.8 percent for the year, but has sold 63,286 cars through September.

http://www.motorauthority.com/blog/1...pot-from-lexus
That's quite a achievement for MB but they also included the Sprinter van in their sales numbers
Old 10-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cp3117
Bitter...No. Humorous...Yes.

By all means dont let me stop you "Post Away". (Im sure no one here in Automotive News really cares though)

I think you have ruined this thread enough already. I see you have started a thread over in "Forum Suggestions" being you have found Dom and other mods here to be so offensive.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=793852

If you have anything else thats a problem please post it over there in your own thread and leave this thread on topic.

Thanks for posting that link, by the way. It was a good read.

I agree with all your points too. Someone needs to grow the fuck up.

Back to the thread at hand.....
Old 10-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Registered Member

The Mercedes-Lexus sales race should prove interesting. They have no choice but to make their cars better and better!
Old 10-08-2010, 01:43 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, and I hope Toyota is successful to that end.

The Mercedes-Lexus sales race should prove interesting. They have no choice but to make their cars better and better!
Old 10-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Post Lexus Incentive

Though the 1st 8 months of 2010, Lexus and Mercedes-Benz were in a dead heat in the race to be crowned the top-selling luxury brand in the States. But big-time September sales at Mercedes-Benz pulled the German marque ahead of Lexus by a substantial 3,000 units, really putting the heat on Toyota's luxury arm. Could Mercedes pull off the upset to unseat Lexus for the first time since 2000? Not if Lexus can help it.

USA Today reports that Lexus announced during dealer meetings this week that it will slap up to $3,000 in incentives on the hood of its vehicles in an effort to entice buyers to shell out for a new L-branded car, crossover or SUV. In some cases, Lexus will reportedly also resort to cut-rate financing rate in an effort to spur sales.

The move is a bit surprising given Lexus's penchant for asking for and receiving full retail for its products, though 2010 hasn't been the best year for the Japanese premium marque. Given the fact that Lexus has earned its success on the heels of a terrific reputation for quality, the recall of millions of Toyota and Lexus models for unintended acceleration issues has likely hurt sales and certainly dinged its reputation. Add in the fact that the high-volume ES350 and top-of-the-line LS are a bit long-in-the-tooth, and it adds up to a possibility that Lexus may lose its hard-earned sales crown.

Old 10-09-2010, 01:07 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by CL6
Yes, and I hope Toyota is successful to that end.
Personally, I'd just let the best lineup win. If that proves to be Toyota's Lexus, then by all means.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Lexus just needs some new cars. The IS/GS/LS/ES are all over 4 years old now. They should be back on top after all the redesigns over the next couple years....
Old 10-09-2010, 01:25 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Lexus problem is that RX sales have stalled due to combine onslought of Q5/GLK/RDX.
so is LX due to QX/GL/Q7 etc. The same will happen to LS when A8 rolls out.
I highly doubt Lexus is going to recover in big way.
If Acura make next RDX right with V6/6AT getting 30mpg. It will be big winner in this class.

Lexus has very narrow options left in ES but that more due to Acura screwing up TL design/size than ES on merits.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:01 PM
Safety Car

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2...centives-.html

Lexus has had some generous lease deals in the past, and October’s incentives will be no different. To move the metal – Lexus’ sales were down 5.5% in September – the automaker is offering early lease maturities, waiving up to six early payments, for folks who purchase or lease a new Lexus through Lexus Financial Services.There’s also a conquest trade-in offer, the company is offering $1,000 for turning in a competitor’s vehicle for a new Lexus purchase or lease.

The automaker is also offering generous lease deals. The company is offering low $389-$399 a month lease rates on the 2010 Lexus ES and $339-$359 a month deals on the 2010 Lexus IS. Like Toyota, Lexus deals vary by region. To check out the special lease and financing offers in your area, go to Lexus’ website.

Below are the October incentives:

2011 IS 250/350 sedans, ES 350: financing as low as 1.9% for up to 60 months
2010 HS 250h, GS series: special lease rates up to 48 months
Current lease customers with upcoming lease maturities may be eligible to waive up to six payments if they purchase/lease a new Lexus through Lexus Financial Services
Qualifying current owners of competitive vehicles may be eligible to receive $1,000 cash toward the purchase/lease of any new Lexus Lease and finance deals vary by region and year/model/trim availability.
*Higher lease rates apply for lessees with lower credit ratings. Lease deals excludes taxes, titles and fees.
Old 10-09-2010, 04:18 PM
Punk Rocker

The point is that Merc has released a bunch of new cars recently (new C-class and E-class) while Lexus is still going to battle with 4+ year old designs. The fact that they are still competitive with older designs bodes well for the next couple of years when they release the new ES/GS/IS/LS in 2012-2013....
Old 10-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Safety Car

New model for Lexus will not translate into more sales.
fact is lexus has already imlemented most of its ammunition related to fuel efficiency and performance. Most of Lexus line up already has 6/8 speed auto, Hybrids, DI engines etc. Every thing else will be very incremental improvment. HS is total flop despite being hybrid.

The brand that has the most promise of gowth in US is Acura & Audi.
Acura hasnt implemented new transmissions/engines/hybrid across the line up.
Once new RDX/MDX/RL/Sub TSX and MMC of TL/TSX in next two to three years along with LED. There will be tremendous gain in performance/fuel economy. Acura vehicles are already dynamically more competent than Lexus. they just new engines/transmission.

Second is Audi with new A3/A6/A7/Q7 in next two years with latest hybrids/diesels etc.
Even Lexus GX will start losing sales momentum.
GX is not like MDX that can hold sale momentum into 4th and 5th year.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:20 AM
Punk Rocker

Haha, god you are a moron SSFTSX! Lexus is at the top of the sales charts right now with 4+ year old designs. When they redesign all of their current lineup they will once again be the luxury car sales leaders by a wide margin. Acura is completely insignificant compared with Lexus...
Old 10-10-2010, 12:41 AM
Safety Car

How is Acura insignifciant.?
Acura only dont offer hybrids nor plethora of engines and models.
and still get 10 to 11 k monthly sales.

Lexus has new 2010 RX/ HS/GX. You have three cars new in the line up.

Acura has only two new in line up TSX/TL. the rest are 4 to 6 years old.

Lexus has implemented MMC of GS with DI engine/6speed auto/Hybrid.

there is no RL big MMC with 6speed auto/DI engine to improve fuel economy and performance.

Lexus has failed in moving GX in numbers of MDX despite being Japanese built.

Lexus is falling apart once German implements and complete there diesel/hybrid line up. and next BMW X3 show up to join the party of
Q5/RDX/GLK.
It is stalling of RX that is big threat to Lexus.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Lexus problem is that RX sales have stalled due to combine onslought of Q5/GLK/RDX.
so is LX due to QX/GL/Q7 etc. The same will happen to LS when A8 rolls out.
I highly doubt Lexus is going to recover in big way.
If Acura make next RDX right with V6/6AT getting 30mpg. It will be big winner in this class.

Lexus has very narrow options left in ES but that more due to Acura screwing up TL design/size than ES on merits.
No one cares what you doubt. If your posts were ever filled with information worth a damn then someone might care.

And yes, let's face the facts. Acura is insignificant when compared to Lexus, who sells something like twice what Acura does BECAUSE they offer a more diverse lineup.

Put down your crackpipe, man.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:18 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
some months the RX would sell around the same volume as the whole Acura line.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
He is rite about Lexus sales going downhill. I dont see them recovering from that. I think the Germans will completely take over...

SSFTSX Its like you make a valid point but then you have to throw Acura in there and make absurd exaggerations of what Acura can accomplish. Just dont bring Acura into EVERYthing you talk about and maybe people will take you seriously.
Old 10-10-2010, 01:50 AM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
He doesn't care if people take him seriously. He just wants to annoy us.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:50 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura
He is rite about Lexus sales going downhill. I dont see them recovering from that. I think the Germans will completely take over...

SSFTSX Its like you make a valid point but then you have to throw Acura in there and make absurd exaggerations of what Acura can accomplish. Just dont bring Acura into EVERYthing you talk about and maybe people will take you seriously.
It's only natural that their sales are trending downward as they suffer from a number of aging products. Cash cows like the IS and ES are aged, not to mention the GS and the middle aged LS.

I don't see any reason they can't come back if they bring good new models.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
The point is that Merc has released a bunch of new cars recently (new C-class and E-class) while Lexus is still going to battle with 4+ year old designs. The fact that they are still competitive with older designs bodes well for the next couple of years when they release the new ES/GS/IS/LS in 2012-2013....
I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. Take the ES for instance. While its a nice/luxurious vehicle, I think for most people on here it would not fit our cup of tea when it comes to what we want in driving dynamics and looks. But, that thing is in its 5th model year now and it sells more per month than the new TL . Might be a boring car but give credit where credit is due to Lexus.
Old 10-10-2010, 05:49 PM
Burning Brakes

It's only natural that their sales are trending downward as they suffer from a number of aging products. Cash cows like the IS and ES are aged, not to mention the GS and the middle aged LS.

I don't see any reason they can't come back if they bring good new models.
Their reputation has taken a hit and I dont see them fully recovering for a long time. Plus theres nothing exciting in their lineup just like Acura.

Yea the RX outsells everything in its class but that doesnt make it a good car. Same with the ES...people just buy it because it has a Lexus badge
Old 10-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Their reputation has taken a hit and I dont see them fully recovering for a long time. Plus theres nothing exciting in their lineup just like Acura.

Yea the RX outsells everything in its class but that doesnt make it a good car. Same with the ES...people just buy it because it has a Lexus badge
Good points. It does say something about blind obedience.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Yes but we see automakers coming back from that. Mercedes' reputation took a hit and they weren't fixing it until a few years ago, and they always were one of the best selling brands here. Now they're going for top spot again.

Lexus will have lost some sales yes, but I think when we look at the big picture it won't be much.

Lexus' superior value and quality to other competitors is being challenged by swarms of new luxury/near luxury brands that haven't been competitive in the past. They need a new platform to market. (figure of speech, not a car platform)
Old 10-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Safety Car

Yes but we see automakers coming back from that. Mercedes' reputation took a hit and they weren't fixing it until a few years ago, and they always were one of the best selling brands here. Now they're going for top spot again.

Lexus will have lost some sales yes, but I think when we look at the big picture it won't be much.

Lexus' superior value and quality to other competitors is being challenged by swarms of new luxury/near luxury brands that haven't been competitive in the past. They need a new platform to market. (figure of speech, not a car platform)
lexus superior Value and quality
They handle like boat. The should not even be in Premium sector. Only saving grace is Hybrid sales and extreme fuel efficiency of not so solid cars.
TL weighs as much as GS.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

They handle like boat. The should not even be in Premium sector. Only saving grace is Hybrid sales and extreme fuel efficiency of not so solid cars.
TL weighs as much as GS.
They handle like a boat? Maybe the LS does. Obviously you have zero experience with a GS or IS.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Do they really have superior value or quality anymore...?
Old 10-11-2010, 01:57 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
TL weighs as much as GS.
"not even be in Premium sector..."
Sure?
Think twice before putting down stupid assertions.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Post Fleets

September delivered the best U.S. monthly sales rate in 13 months. But the industry isn't doing it with retail sales.

Fleet sales are the growth engine of the U.S. auto market, according to automakers' internal documents obtained by Automotive News.

In the 3rd quarter, strong fleet overcame soft retail as automakers outsold the 2009 quarter, which included the cash-for-clunkers program.

"Fleet is still the driver -- it certainly isn't the consumer," said analyst George Magliano of IHS Automotive. "Fleet has backed off a bit from the 1st half, but it's still strong. The retail side is still a bit weak."

"Fleet" refers to vehicles bought by daily rental, commercial and government agencies.

Collectively, General Motors, Ford Motor Co., Toyota Motor Sales U.S.A., Chrysler Group, Hyundai-Kia Automotive and Nissan North America sold 2.3 million units in the 3rd quarter, up 1%. Combined retail sales fell 4% to 1.8 million, but fleet volume surged 24% to 461,786 units according to the company documents.

Excluding GM, every 1 of those automakers saw fleet sales jump by double- or triple-digit percentages.

GM's fleet sales dropped 2% for the quarter, but fleet volume still was 26% of its total sales, the documents reveal.

Don Johnson, GM's vice president of sales, told reporters recently that GM will reduce fleet sales in the 4th quarter and expects to end the year with fleet at about 25% of its mix, the same as in 2009.

For the 6 major players that actively manage fleet sales -- officially, American Honda Motor Co. does not -- higher fleet sales overcame a slight drop in retail in the 3rd quarter.

2 automakers stood out.

In the 3rd quarter, Chrysler increased fleet as a proportion of total sales to 34%, from 25% a year earlier. But that was down from a 1st-half mix of 39% fleet.

And Nissan more than tripled 3rd-quarter fleet volume to 14,076, or 6% of total volume.

Nissan is trying to retake the No. 6 U.S. sales spot that Hyundai-Kia controls after 9 months. Nissan, with 673,701 units sold this year, narrowly trails Hyundai-Kia, with 678,071.

Ford solidified its lead over Toyota for the No. 2 overall U.S. sales spot, finishing the quarter up 8% with 488,787 sales.

Ford's fleet mix was 26% in the 3rd quarter, up from 23% a year ago.

Ford chief sales analyst George Pipas said clunkers makes year-over-year comparisons difficult but the auto market, in general, is doing better.

"It's positive that retail sales are off just a little from a period with an extremely popular incentive," Pipas said.

"Without clunkers a year ago, then the industry's 3rd quarter [this year] would have been up for both fleet and retail."

PHP Code:
Fleet leads the way
Combined 3rd
-quarter U.Ssales and % change from 2009 for General MotorsFordToyotaChryslerNissan and Hyundai-Kia
     3Q U
.Ssales    change
Retail    1
,828,391    – 4%
Fleet    461,786    24%
Total    2,290,177    1%
SourceAutomotive News Data Centerindustry sources 
Old 10-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Registered Member

Do they really have superior value or quality anymore...?
Hence the comment that followed about it being challenged, as they are top dog in neither category now but are still strong in both.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:03 PM
YEH
Burning Brakes

Received 115 Likes on 88 Posts
This should blow SSFTSX's mind (not that it hasn't already been).

Incentive spending YTD

Mainstream brands

$1,713 - Hyundai
$2,005 - Honda
$2,068 - Toyota
$2,500 - Kia
$2,773 - Ford
$2,833 - Nissan
$3,338 - Chevy
$3,567 - Dodge

Luxury/Near luxury

$1,736 - Lexus
$2,614 - Acura
$3,021 - Buick
$4,369 - Chrysler
$4,620 - Cadillac
$5,111 - Infiniti
$5,170 - Lincoln

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/domestic-brands-recover-in-2010-while-japanese-brands-remain-flat-according-to-truecarcom-104482689.html

TL weighs as much as GS.
I wouldn't be so smug, Honda/Acura execs don't even consider Acura to be a "Tier 1" luxury brand and would gladly trade places w/ Lexus (in terms of how it is perceived as a brand in the luxury market).

Last edited by YEH; 10-15-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 697 Likes on 418 Posts
^ I'd like to see what the Germans spend.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by YEH
This should blow SSFTSX's mind (not that it hasn't already been).

Incentive spending YTD

Mainstream brands

$1,713 - Hyundai
$2,005 - Honda
$2,068 - Toyota
$2,500 - Kia
$2,773 - Ford
$2,833 - Nissan
$3,338 - Chevy
$3,567 - Dodge
How do they calculate this Incentive spending. Do they differentiate between 4 year warranty and 10 year warranty?
Do they take difference between 0% and 1.9% financing?. Job loss gurrantees
Do they take into account the price of Vehicles and age of Vehicle.
Like Honda sell far more more and higher priced SUVs than Hyundai.
$2K incentive on $30+K Pilot/Odyssey/CRV/Cross tour is not the same $2k incentive on Sonata.
Finally to do they consider age of vehicles. as Toyota Corrolla/Elantra is 2 year newer than Honda Civic.
Finally what about those 2 year free maintaiance from Toyota. You cannot compare Toyota Camry with Accord. Camry has Hybrid/DI/6 Speed. Toyota has far more money tied in Camry than Honda has in Accord.

Luxury/Near luxury

$1,736 - Lexus
$2,614 - Acura
$3,021 - Buick
$4,369 - Chrysler
$4,620 - Cadillac
$5,111 - Infiniti
$5,170 - Lincoln

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/domestic-brands-recover-in-2010-while-japanese-brands-remain-flat-according-to-truecarcom-104482689.html
I dont believe on those figures.
Acura sells are SUVs. but still MDX/RDX is in 4th year and RX Lexus is on 2nd Year. MDX is higher priced than RX. 50% of Lexus sales are RX.

I wouldn't be so smug, Honda/Acura execs don't even consider Acura to be a "Tier 1" luxury brand and would gladly trade places w/ Lexus (in terms of how it is perceived as a brand in the luxury market).
Lexus is loss making brand for Toyota. They will regret for launching RWD Lexus. Lexus has very little traction outside US and in US Lexus sales are falling apart.
Acura is extension of Honda. No separate platforms or V8s. I am pretty sure those sitting in Japan Headquarter of Honda will be pretty happy with Acura performance.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:00 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
For whatever it's worth, I think when you consider Honda/Acura's length of warranty and their cost associated with it compared to others, also that of total fleet sales, amount of incentives per vehicle, special apr and lease rates in comparison, and included maintenance, etc, it only makes a case that Honda is one of the (if not the most) profitable automakers in the business, at least per unit on average.

The incentives report is also based through Sept of this year so any recent incentives on the part of Lexus to edge out Mercedes in the race to maintain number one for the end of the year isn't accounted for. They have $3k rebates one all their cars right now, introduced last week for that purpose.

I am also curious if the report somehow managed to get hold of all the secret dealer incentives and those not published cause if that's not the case then we really don't know what is what.

Make no mistake about it, Lexus has a great luxury sales track and reputation but I don't think Acura wants the cost associated with that right now. If they wanted superior luxury recognition (Tier 1) they would have followed through with it but there is plenty of market for affordable luxury and always will be. Everyone going after Tier 1 only makes the piece of the pie smaller for them all.

Honda is now a profit minded company first and foremost, hopefully in attempt to get there one day but honestly there is not the kind of profitability in Tier 1 right now as they already experience and having the most luxurious offerings with a wide range of products doesn't necessarily make for a superior product overall or better as a whole.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:56 AM
Punk Rocker

I dont believe on those figures. Acura sells are SUVs. but still MDX/RDX is in 4th year and RX Lexus is on 2nd Year. MDX is higher priced than RX. 50% of Lexus sales are RX.

Lexus is loss making brand for Toyota. They will regret for launching RWD Lexus. Lexus has very little traction outside US and in US Lexus sales are falling apart.
Acura is extension of Honda. No separate platforms or V8s. I am pretty sure those sitting in Japan Headquarter of Honda will be pretty happy with Acura performance.
Hahaha!!!! So thats your big come back eh? "I don't believe those numbers"! Lol, why, because they don't fit into your little Honda/Acura fanboy preconceived notions??

I also love how Lexus US sales "are falling apart"!!! Do you really believe this stuff or are you on the Honda payroll????

Really though, keep 'em coming! We're all getting a good laugh here!!!
Old 10-16-2010, 01:17 AM

this thread is filled with attempts to convince SSFTSX that Honda sucks
Old 10-16-2010, 03:04 AM
Registered Member

Oh so when it comes down to it it's really just what SSTFSX THINKS is right, not facts as he claims to always present.

*insert random picture of Acura model here, discuss ground clearance and side mirror design*
Old 10-16-2010, 03:46 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
Hahaha!!!! So thats your big come back eh? "I don't believe those numbers"! Lol, why, because they don't fit into your little Honda/Acura fanboy preconceived notions??

I also love how Lexus US sales "are falling apart"!!! Do you really believe this stuff or are you on the Honda payroll????

Really though, keep 'em coming! We're all getting a good laugh here!!!
Look at the number of hybrids that Lexus has lunched. the amount of variation in the line up. like both IS model have AWD where is TSX AWD?

The number of Japanese built vehicles in the Line up.
like GX460/LS/IS/LX/HS. Almost 50% vehicles are Japanese built.

In Acura case not more than 20% are Japanese built. TSX/RL. both of them are rebadged Honda. not separate platform.

Acura has alot more upside potential than Lexus. once Acura lunches RDX replacement and newer V6/6speed across line up.
6speed will definitely improve TSX/TL fuel economy over 30mpg. and TSX V6 will be as fast as 335I with 6speed Auto.

From this analysis it is clear Lexus/Toyota will end up Japanese GM.
and will have to take help from Europeans. Just like Nissan-Infiniti is taking from Renalut-Diamler.
I dont think Lexus will survive for too long as Germans built more factories in US and further expand there line up.
Just last month X5 has 3700 sales. surpassing GX460
Wait untill X3 join the game. RX will be tossed. These are US built BMWs. there is new ML coming. None of these will effect Acura.

Quick Reply: Monthly Car Sales news