Monthly Car Sales news

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
Personally I don't think most of the ES buyers even cross shop the FWD TL. Luxury buyers are more on the conservative side styling wise at least. I'm sure we can all agree the TL is not that.
Not anymore, perhaps, for the reasons you stated. But they are in the same class, and the ES, Lacrosse*, and Maxima are all selling very strong so the buyers drifted someone (or are hanging onto their old TLs).

*if you consider that a competitor
Old 08-08-2010, 11:49 AM
hail to the victors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
Look at this report. 80 to 90% of lexus fall at $62k. Obviously you made up data for non existent vehicles as none of dealer can sell $79k avg LS as they are not even asking those prices let alone doing actual transaction.
Now admit you created faulty report based some abscure options.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...xus_LS/prices/

lol at usnews.

2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class: E550 Luxury Sedan
Transmission: AUTOMPG: 16 City / 24 Hwy Engine: Gas V8 5.5L/333
MSRP: $56,300
Invoice: $52,359

Avg. Paid Nationally:$52,997

and for 4matic $55,484
do you expect me to believe avg. transaction price of E550 is 52k? and 55k for 4matic? lol

2010 Acura RL: Automatic with Technology Package and CMBS
Transmission: AUTOMPG: 16 City / 22 Hwy Engine: Gas V6 3.7L/224
MSRP: $54,250
Invoice: $49,123

vg. Paid Nationally:$51,783
so are you saying avg. transaction price of E550 and loaded RL is basically the same? what a joke of a website.

Last edited by chungkopi; 08-08-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Registered Member

SSFTSX, SHUT UP. Please, get a clue. You make shit up like a politician.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:02 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
Originally Posted by MyCarIsntInMyWifesName
Not anymore, perhaps, for the reasons you stated. But they are in the same class, and the ES, Lacrosse*, and Maxima are all selling very strong so the buyers drifted someone (or are hanging onto their old TLs).

*if you consider that a competitor
Sorry lemme rephrase. They aren't crossing shopping the FWD TL anymore.

Just ask SSFTSX he'll have the answer for you. It'll take a few minutes to type up just wait...
Old 08-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Registered Member

Sorry lemme rephrase. They aren't crossing shopping the FWD TL anymore.

Just ask SSFTSX he'll have the answer for you. It'll take a few minutes to type up just wait...
I'm good. I don't need a lecture on side mirrors and ground clearance and wheels.
Old 08-08-2010, 12:20 PM
hail to the victors

Look at this report. 80 to 90% of lexus fall at $62k. Obviously you made up data for non existent vehicles as none of dealer can sell $79k avg LS as they are not even asking those prices let alone doing actual transaction.
Now admit you created faulty report based some abscure options.

http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com...xus_LS/prices/
2010 Cadillac DTS: 4.6L V8 Premium
Transmission: AUTOMPG: 15 City / 23 Hwy Engine: Gas V8 4.6L/279
MSRP: $54,425
Invoice: $51,432

Avg. Paid Nationally:$52,807
2010 Cadillac DTS: 4.6L V8 NHP Platinum
Transmission: AUTOMPG: 15 City / 22 Hwy Engine: Gas V8 4.6L/279
MSRP: $59,475
Invoice: $56,204

Avg. Paid Nationally:$57,616

according to usnews Caddy DTS is more $ than E550 & E550 4matic.
you should never use that website to back up your claim. hell go check out Genesis. Krafcik clearly said msrp of v8 goes over 40k. but some strange reason usnews decided the msrp of genesis v8 is 39k. who's right? the CEO of hyundai? or usnews?
Old 08-08-2010, 02:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by SpicyMikey
LexusOfOrlando.com never shows their current inventory online. Only used. How did you get that info. Post that URL link because I've wanted to see their inventory on several occasions but could never do it.
there are 9 in dealership.

this one is $80k asking price. and it is long wheel base.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/ncal.j...standard=false
Old 08-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by chungkopi
lol at usnews.

do you expect me to believe avg. transaction price of E550 is 52k? and 55k for 4matic? lol

so are you saying avg. transaction price of E550 and loaded RL is basically the same? what a joke of a website.
RL prices will be true. as it has the highest resale value in its class. loaded RL is $54K car.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Safety Car

you should never use that website to back up your claim. hell go check out Genesis. Krafcik clearly said msrp of v8 goes over 40k. but some strange reason usnews decided the msrp of genesis v8 is 39k. who's right? the CEO of hyundai? or usnews?
you can pretty much get used V8 Genesis prices. no one is paying over $37k for Genesis. It is not RL that 4 year old u can still sell for $25K. In one Year Genesis value is less than 4 year old RL.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
RL prices will be true. as it has the highest resale value in its class. loaded RL is $54K car.
No wonder they can't sell any of them! Who would pay that much for an RL???
Old 08-08-2010, 02:46 PM
Pro

As I mentioned earlier, those prices are for base models with no options. The average model will have some number of options and a price that is higher from what is being reported on the website. The whole problem with this argument is that no one knows what is the average option configuration.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
No wonder they can't sell any of them! Who would pay that much for an RL???
when you look at dealer search. they usually one or two at most compared to 7 or 8 LS460. so it is not that Honda is oversending RL shipment.
I see another difference in used inventory of Lexus and Acura dealerships. Most of Acura 2008-2010 are dealer courtesy vehicles while Lexus it is not the case with much bigger discount. Lexus certified warranty is 3 years. Acura is One year.

Any car under CPO gets 3 year warranty upto 100K miles with first free maintiance. and same low financing on CPO as New. On Acura it is very hard to get new vehicle financing on CPO.
http://www.lexusserramonte.com/CPOStory
Those who acquire a Lexus Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle also enjoy the perks of Lexus ownership, including 24-hour Roadside Assistance [2], trip interruption coverage and dealership amenities [3]. Your vehicle's first basic service is free, and a loaner vehicle will be provided for qualified repairs.

We then backed it with an IMPRESSIVE LEXUS CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED WARRANTY (3years from purchase date or 100k total odometer miles, whichever comes first)

Our strict certification standards eliminate the risks typically associated with financing pre-owned vehicles, allowing us to offer the same rates and terms normally reserved for our new vehicles.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:43 PM
hail to the victors

and loaded E550 4matic easily goes over 80k msrp.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:46 PM
hail to the victors

Originally Posted by JD23
As I mentioned earlier, those prices are for base models with no options. The average model will have some number of options and a price that is higher from what is being reported on the website. The whole problem with this argument is that no one knows what is the average option configuration.

gotcha. i thought that was the average transaction price of each models. basically that website is pretty useless.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
you can pretty much get used V8 Genesis prices. no one is paying over $37k for Genesis. It is not RL that 4 year old u can still sell for $25K. In one Year Genesis value is less than 4 year old RL.
Why dont you walk yourself into a Hyundai lot and see how many V8s you can get for 37 That is the typical price of the V6
Old 08-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Registered Member

Lying troll.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:34 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

gotcha. i thought that was the average transaction price of each models. basically that website is pretty useless.
truecar.com and zag are very useful if you are in the market to purchase. build the car the way you want it and you see what others are paying. My whole point is no one is buying a base LS and SSFTSX is wrong as usual. Period.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:34 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Originally Posted by MyCarIsntInMyWifesName

Lying troll.
tell us how you really feel
Old 08-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Go Big Blue!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
there are 9 in dealership.

this one is $80k asking price. and it is long wheel base.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/ncal.j...standard=false
Thanks. I've used AutoTrader before to find cars but it's not reliable from my experience. It never seems to show you all the cars available. That lexus dealership is huge. I'm certain they have more than 9 LS460's.

Not to say the 9 shown isn't a good representation. It may be. And if it is, than I must say the average LS being sold is less appointed and less expensive than I thought. I was assuming mid $70's but it may be more line $70k flat.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:46 PM
Go Big Blue!

truecar.com and zag are very useful if you are in the market to purchase. build the car the way you want it and you see what others are paying. My whole point is no one is buying a base LS and SSFTSX is wrong as usual. Period.
Yea truecar is good at getting the discounted rate people are paying. But it still doesn't tell you the average price across the board for that model. Isn't that what is being debated or did I miss something in this never ending thread? Does someone have hard sales data? I think that sort of data is kept close to the vest by the manufacturers.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:49 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

^ pretty much. I doubt Lexus is gonna truly reveal that. We can all agree it aint for 62k!
Old 08-08-2010, 04:56 PM
Go Big Blue!

^ pretty much. I doubt Lexus is gonna truly reveal that. We can all agree it aint for 62k!
yea, I'm with you for sure on that. No way
Old 08-08-2010, 06:10 PM
Safety Car

and loaded E550 4matic easily goes over 80k msrp.
Your making the same mistake againa and again. S class priced higher than its class.
but C & E are deeply discounted & most of them are pretty standard. No one built to order them. they dont command any premium. Infact in used car market BMW 3/A4 easily command premium over C class.

that $80k msrp for E550 not the transaction price. and losing $20k in first year. and it is asking price not even transaction price. thisis thing even has heald lamp washer, LED DRL, 80GB HDD.
This is not a premium car. Any car that gives u value is not premium. for its class. Premium cars are overpriced for the amount of technology and amenities. S class is overpriced but E class is not.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/ctd/1885831165.html
2010 Mercedes-Benz E550 Sedan -19638A- Super Loaded. Nav and more - $59900 (san rafael)
This 2010 Mercedes-Benz E550 Sedan is in excellent condition and loaded with options such as the Premium 2 and Sport packages, Split Folding Rear Seats, Nightview, Parktronic and much more. The Premium 2 package includes the Navigation System, Rear View Camera, Heated & Active Ventilated Front Seats, Sirius Satellite radio, Keyless Go, Bi-Xenon headlamps and more. It is backed by the Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz warranty.
This MBZ has been through a 130-point extensive inspection and is protected by the Mercedes Benz Certified Pre-Owned Extended 100,000 miles warranty.
you will not find RL so much discounted price. There is will be no sport package with special Steering wheel, rims, appearance.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:13 PM
hail to the victors

Your making the same mistake againa and again. S class priced higher than its class.
but C & E are deeply discounted & most of them are pretty standard. No one built to order them. they dont command any premium. Infact in used car market BMW 3/A4 easily command premium over C class.

that $80k msrp for E550 not the transaction price. and losing $20k in first year. and it is asking price not even transaction price. thisis thing even has heald lamp washer, LED DRL, 80GB HDD.
This is not a premium car. Any car that gives u value is not premium. for its class. Premium cars are overpriced for the amount of technology and amenities. S class is overpriced but E class is not.

you will not find RL so much discounted price. There is will be no sport package with special Steering wheel, rims, appearance.

i stated E class msrp to show you the real price difference between RL and E to make you look like a total .

discount or no discount loaded E 4matic is ALOT more $ than RL. basically that website is very misleading.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:14 PM
hail to the victors

i stated E class msrp to show you the real price difference between RL and E to make you look like a total .

and you don't have to preach me to death about msrp and transaction price. i've purchased 8 cars in my life and i've never ever paid anything close to msrp. duh!

discount or no discount loaded E 4matic is ALOT more $ than RL. basically that website is very misleading.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:19 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Are you high? Seriously I know it's cool to be in the coffee shop sip on the boba, push your bangs to the side while you type, but somebody seriously spiked your shit this time.

RL's sell for a heavy discount. I know because my ex is a contract clerk for Acura. She told me they'll do a deal in the red below the balance and make the money on the trade just to move the car.
when you look at dealer search. they usually one or two at most compared to 7 or 8 LS460. so it is not that Honda is oversending RL shipment.
I see another difference in used inventory of Lexus and Acura dealerships. Most of Acura 2008-2010 are dealer courtesy vehicles while Lexus it is not the case with much bigger discount. Lexus certified warranty is 3 years. Acura is One year.

Any car under CPO gets 3 year warranty upto 100K miles with first free maintiance. and same low financing on CPO as New. On Acura it is very hard to get new vehicle financing on CPO.
The RL does not sell for anything close to MSRP. I repeat they are closer to SH-AWD prices then they are MSRP.

Yes you will all day long. They sell for under invoice. Why do keep posting these used cars from craigslist? We're talking new. A Benz could sell for 80k new and then drop 20k in value, you'll post it after searching on craigslist sipping the boba and then spew some bullshit as if Jesus spoke it to you as you down some pearls from that cup. Please just spare us the nonsense.

Why can't you ever admit you are wrong? You're wrong again and again and again. No one here will debate you that these cars drop like anchors in value after they are titled, but we are talking about NEW prices and what they sell for.

Suddenly the 45k RL is worth more then the 60k Benz. The real world is a lot different then Tapioca Express, please believe.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Safety Car

Are you high? Seriously I know it's cool to be in the coffee shop sip on the boba, push your bangs to the side while you type, but somebody seriously spiked your shit this time.

RL's sell for a heavy discount. I know because my ex is a contract clerk for Acura. She told me they'll do a deal in the red below the balance and make the money on the trade just to move the car.
Every RL does not sell for heavy discount. Only which takes dealer space for months get discounted. and by the time color combo choice is not there.
The RL does not sell for anything close to MSRP. I repeat they are closer to SH-AWD prices then they are MSRP.
thats why used RL has such high prices. because they dont get discounted in mass on scale of MB E Class.

Yes you will all day long. They sell for under invoice. Why do keep posting these used cars from craigslist? We're talking new. A Benz could sell for 80k new and then drop 20k in value, you'll post it after searching on craigslist sipping the boba and then spew some bullshit as if Jesus spoke it to you as you down some pearls from that cup. Please just spare us the nonsense.

Why can't you ever admit you are wrong? You're wrong again and again and again. No one here will debate you that these cars drop like anchors in value after they are titled, but we are talking about NEW prices and what they sell for.

Suddenly the 45k RL is worth more then the 60k Benz. The real world is a lot different then Tapioca Express, please believe.
that $80K MB E class is built to order. and it drops like flies despite having 100K warranty. that warranty alone is worth $3k on luxury cars. as TSX extended warranty cost $1500.
Certain cars dont drop. try to find used MDX Advance 2010 below $40K which is not loaner. Only loaner cars from Acura get discounted.

$60k asking prices of MB E550 with 100K warranty and every option in the book including ZR rated tires, AMG wheels, LED DRL, Night vision, head lamp wasger, 80GB HDD, 7speed, DI V8 engine. sports steering wheel. Just adding those accessories & warranty to Acura cars will add up $25K.
Acura does not need to add 100K warranty. the brand is premium relative to MB C & E class. these MB C & E are heavily discounted just like LS460 thats why they have no worth in used car lot.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 08-08-2010, 10:30 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Every RL does not sell for heavy discount. Only which takes dealer space for months get discounted. and by the time color combo choice is not there.

thats why used RL has such high prices. because they dont get discounted in mass on scale of MB E Class.
Once again check the pearl's in your tea cup there's something wrong with them. You nor any of your friends will buy an RL. I know what they sell for and it's below invoice for a majority of the sales. Color combo? Right.

These cars are lot anchors and the dealers have no remorse for discounting them. You're telling me if Acura didn't have trouble selling them that there wouldn't be more available? Who gives a shit about resale value when we are talking about new pricing? As a brand Acura has higher resale value that is widely known the other luxury makes, not so much. Trim your bangs and look at the sales numbers. The RL failed!

SSFTSX = Wrong. Time and time again.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:32 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Originally Posted by smarty666
Yeah my bad. Homeboy is just too much, I've never seen such blind bias before. I know he does it to get a rise out of us, but it's just so damn fun.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Registered Member

Yeah my bad. Homeboy is just too much, I've never seen such trolling before. I know he does it to get a rise out of us, but it's just so damn fun.
f
Old 08-09-2010, 08:32 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Arrow Fleet Sales

The fleet “crutch” is both a blessing and a curse: Ford, General Motors and Chrysler have seen continually strong sales in 2010, but new data suggests that both Michigan automakers have increased their overall volume thanks to less profitable fleet sales.

Fleet sales represent guaranteed sales for the automakers, but they are generally composed of cut-rate sales prices.

Automotive News says that it has discovered that this year GM has seen fleet sales increase 53% (to 400,000 units) and Chrysler’s fleet numbers are up a massive 163% (to 242,000 units) and even Ford’s numbers are up 35% (to 287,000). Essentially, that means that both automakers have seen fleet sales increase to about the same level as they were before last year’s industry crisis.

Ford says that it is focusing its fleet sales on more profitable government and commercial buyers. More than 66% of all GM and Chrysler fleet sales, meanwhile, were to bottom-feeding, low profit rental car outlets.

That increased volume might not sound like a bad thing until the numbers are compared to those at foreign automakers. Chrysler leads major industry players with 39% of its overall sales going to fleets. Ford has dropped its fleet dependency, but it’s still high at 35% . GM is a little lower at 31%. By comparison, Hyundai leads foreign automakers at just 16%. Nissan (15%), Toyota (9%) and Honda (2%) have never been major fleet sellers.

Automakers say that their regular fleet customers – rental agencies, contractors and corporate fleet operators – are finally buying more vehicles after putting off purchases last year.

Fleet sales are completed at discounted volume prices and they typically diminish resale values.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Race Director

Received 630 Likes on 506 Posts
By comparison, Hyundai leads foreign automakers at just 16%. Nissan (15%), Toyota (9%) and Honda (2%) have never been major fleet sellers.
Based on anectodal evidence I would have thought that 2% figure for Honda would be higher.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:02 PM
hail to the victors

honda's 2% is very impressive. that's the best thing about honda IMO. toyota's 9% is lower than i thought. i thought they were 13-14% range. hyundai numbers are relatively low. at one point their fleet were like 25%. i think it's because they really haven't sold much sonatas to fleet yet. they can't make them fast enough.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:33 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Nissan is at 15% sheesh... No wonder I keep seeing them turn up in Enterprise lots, some Infinitis too.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
that's still pretty low compared to that 53% figure thrown out for GM
Old 08-09-2010, 08:17 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

^ The big three wonder why their resale values are in the shitter...
Old 08-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The D3 are never going to be taken seriously as major competitors to the Japanese, Korean, and German automakers if they continue to have the crazy fleet sales and highest incentives each and every month. I love how they brag up and down each month with out selling Toyota, Honda, and all the other foreign manufacturers.

Yeah, thats easy to do when you have such high fleet sales and incentive spending, month after month, duh !

I mean Hyundai and Nissan have the highest percentage of the foreign brands, but that isn't too bad. I would ideally like to see Hyundai and Nissan get to 10%, but its nothing in the quantity you see GM and Ford doing.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Race Director

Received 630 Likes on 506 Posts
It's not necessarily the % sold to fleet, but the configuration and discounted prices that kills resale.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:08 AM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
i think it goes hand and hand. i mean if you're relying on fleet sales to move your inventory...something tells me you're not exactly selling to the public at retail either.

Quick Reply: Monthly Car Sales news