Monthly Car Sales news

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 01:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SSFTSX
You dont have full understanding of issue. Cooled seats or sunshade dont make a premium car. there is difference between word Premium and Luxury. even mainstream brands can have luxury features but it dont make them Premium cars. 528I is certainly not luxury car but it is premium.
ZDX has cooled seats and its not the feature that make it higher tier than TL.
It is quality of dash and IDS. (integrated dynamic system). it is Acura equivalent of Audi drive select. Rest of the stuff like blind spot monitoring/ACC is pretty common. Even EuroAccord has those features outside US but EuroAccord dont have IDS.
TL handling, NVH, breaking, performance, interior and exterior design set it apart from maintream vehicles. and it competes well on those features with other midsize premium vehicles.
Your 100% wrong! Those features ARE what make a premium car. You saying that they do not 100% confirmed to me you know absolutely nothing of what you talk about!
Old 09-05-2010, 03:11 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 5,972 Likes on 3,837 Posts
Originally Posted by mrdeeno
Fixed.

I always thought it resembled megatron's face when looking at the rear, and optimus's face shield when looking at the front.
But TL is BEST CAR IN WORLD!!!!

It is blind loyalty. TL has lost almost all of its comparision tests. but it does not mean i cannot point the exclusive things of TL.
Now that you've admitted your incomprehensible blindness, will you pleas stop trying to convince everyone that Honda Acura is best? They do some things right, but they do more things wrong as of late.

Why blind loyalty? Do you get a free car at the end of the year?
Old 09-05-2010, 04:21 PM
Safety Car

Received 64 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by smarty666
Your 100% wrong! Those features ARE what make a premium car. You saying that they do not 100% confirmed to me you know absolutely nothing of what you talk about!
90% of BMW/Audi/MB on the roads dont have Cooled seats. so they are not premium based on ur logic.
THere is now greater chance of getting cooled seats in MDX/ZDX/RL than on other premium brands. It has no relevance to whether car is premium or not.
i would say car without AWD/Sport differential is not premium.
i would go even further car without Drive select (Now on new A8) or IDS like in ZDX is not premium because it is essentailly two cars in one. Only premium cars can have this dual personality.
the list is too long for what is premium and what is not based on feature. you have to stop counting features at some point and concentrate on actual vehicle.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:26 PM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
For those of you tired of reading SSFTSX's fanboy dreck, may I point you to the ignore feature. I've been using it for months now and my headaches are gone!
Old 09-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are comparing it with $60K S4. not with $55K 535. TL has definitely moved up market. S4 without sport differential dont compete with TL. So base prices is minimimum $50K to start with.
No, the TL has not. It's still in the same price range as the Maxima and Lexus ES350 as it always has.

The S4 does not compare to the TL, and they never did.

Also, please start using proper sentence structure and grammar.

have you overlooked the 18inch on 07-09 MDX and 19inch on 2010 MDX.? that is on the top of additional weight of 2010 MDX.
look at 0-100mph times. once the heavier 2010 MDX takes momentum.
Shut the fuck up with your bullshit facts and speculation. Start issuing facts, not 15 year old magazine-racer comments. One inch of wheels will not affect acceleration on this scale.

Your excuses are cowardly. I looked at the 0-100 times, did you?

You are so LAUGHABLY CLUELESS when it comes to cars. Have you ever changed the oil in your Honda Ac, I mean TSX?

You thing 6MT BMW 535 will suddenly become quicker than 8speed 535 or 6MT M37 quicker than 7speed M37. This is not going to happen.
You don't know that, so again it's your typical bullshit. Like you admitted, BLIND LOYALTY. That's all it is.

997 is small, low car. Come back when you find Tall, Long, wide car in size of TL.
No, that does not make a difference when you're comparing the same model. Take a bit of science, or even engineering, to assist you in this area.

Once you have, you'll see how fucktarded you sound (not that you've ever sounded anything short of that).

It always stood. 6MT TL is transformed car. It is now competing with $60K S4 Car has moved upmarket beyond doubt.
No, it never did. Cut your lying crud out.

90% of BMW/Audi/MB on the roads dont have Cooled seats.
Source that fanatical statement.

Last edited by MyCarIsntInMyWifesName; 09-05-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:36 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Received 810 Likes on 522 Posts
Originally Posted by PortlandRL
For those of you tired of reading SSFTSX's fanboy dreck, may I point you to the ignore feature. I've been using it for months now and my headaches are gone!
LoL I'm just sick of it on the weekends. During the week it's awesome because my day gets by so much faster.

On a weekend I'd prefer to have a discussion with someone who may share a different opinion then my own, not someone hell bent on nothing and talking out their ass.
Old 09-05-2010, 06:38 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

LoL how is SSFTSX blindly loyal to HondAcura when he was so against them last year? He drank the fucking Honda kool aid or something? What color pill did they give you when you bought your TSX?
Old 09-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by MyCarIsntInMyWifesName
No, the TL has not. It's still in the same price range as the Maxima and Lexus ES350 as it always has.

The S4 does not compare to the TL, and they never did.
ES350/MAXIMA is never invited to S4 comparision. Period.
Unless you can show me any comparision test of S4 with ES350/Maxima.

Shut the fuck up with your bullshit facts and speculation. Start issuing facts, not 15 year old magazine-racer comments. One inch of wheels will not affect acceleration on this scale.
Taller and heavier wheels do make a difference and weight also. Heck even
Have u looked at 0-100mph times for 2010 MDX?. It blew past 09 MDX.

TL is now acknowledged leader and does not look bad with 18inch

http://www.autonet.ca/autos/news/201...6-autonet.html
Acura 'awesome' wheels soldiers on

In the initial tests on the track, the car exceeded our expectations,” said team manager Major General (Retired) Lewis MacKenzie (himself a former racecar driver) after the first test at Calabogie Motorsport Park, near Ottawa. “What was most impressive for our crew was the car’s ability to recover in a corner at speeds that might otherwise have put the car off the road.” “It was awesome!” added Knisley
Old 09-05-2010, 06:58 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

What is the TL the leader of? You're doing a disservice to the people who own this car!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

ES350/MAXIMA is never invited to S4 comparision. Period.
Unless you can show me any comparision test of S4 with ES350/Maxima.
So? No one said they were. The TL competes in that category, not against the S4 that is more expensive and smaller. PERIOD.

I don't care if a few magazines compared it. That means nothing to people other than fools who soak it up such as yourself. PERIOD, buddy.

Taller and heavier wheels do make a difference and weight also.
As is the norm, you take the grain of truth and blow it out of proportion. So as I said, cut it the fuck out (blowing facts out of proportion). You CANNOT prove it makes that much of a difference, so it's hearsay. This is a fact, I remind you.

Heck even
Even what? Finish a sentence correctly once in a while. There's not even a subject there.

Have u looked at 0-100mph times for 2010 MDX?. It blew past 09 MDX.
It's quicker, and no one said otherwise. It is not a second quicker to 60 as you implied.

It's got more to do with gearing in anything up to 100 mph, PERIOD. Away with any hearsay you'll speak in response.

TL is now acknowledged leader and does not look bad with 18inch
No it is not a leader at almost any, and no one says it's a leader in anything. It's not even a leader in value.

Every single thing you said here was a lie. And where's my 90% source? Oh that's right, you spewed a huge mound of tick turd and can't back it up! Where's my topic on how the 997 reference wasn't valid and how they're different? Oh that's right, more bull.

Stop posting motherfucking pictures of cars. WE KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Safety Car

So? No one said they were. The TL competes in that category, not against the S4 that is more expensive and smaller. PERIOD.

I don't care if a few magazines compared it. That means nothing to people other than fools who soak it up such as yourself. PERIOD, buddy.
Few Magazines? TL is participating in almost every test where S4 is participating.

It's quicker, and no one said otherwise. It is not a second quicker to 60 as you implied.

It's got more to do with gearing in anything up to 100 mph, PERIOD. Away with any hearsay you'll speak in response.
MDX is essentially the same except for extra weight and 19inch wheels? so how come it becomes so faster at quarter mile. I will say check
0-120mph. the gap is even more. the higher the speed the better is 6AT. Gap almost is 3 second.

No it is not a leader at almost any, and no one says it's a leader in anything. It's not even a leader in value.
TL has best handling, breaking, resale value, NVH for 6MT high rpm drive, Top ELS music system based on Edmund, high ground clearance, lowest price, better fit/finish, long term reliability, lowest maintainane costs.

Every single thing you said here was a lie. And where's my 90% source? Oh that's right, you spewed a huge mound of tick turd and can't back it up! Where's my topic on how the 997 reference wasn't valid and how they're different? Oh that's right, more bull.

Stop posting motherfucking pictures of cars. WE KNOW WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE.
997 is short, low car and is practically irrelavant current discussion. there is huge difference in imparting performanc to Premium Luxury car and Sport car. One is designed for comfort/NVH and space and other dont have that consideration.

do used car search for Premium cars on Autotrader and see how many you can find with Cooled seats. Agains the key word is Premium.
I found less than 10 in over 100 entries.

whats the point of V8 when it fails the critical test of comfort for large luxury sedan.

http://reviews.cnet.com/sedan/2011-i...ml?tag=rvwBody
With its conventional suspension system, there is no way to change the ride quality for different driving conditions. As such, its firmness became evident as we drove over rougher surfaces. This is one area where the M56x doesn't quite measure up to the luxury competition, as it didn't mask out bumps and pits in the road as well as it should
Old 09-05-2010, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

Few Magazines? TL is participating in almost every test where S4 is participating.
No. However, the car it is normally being compared to in comparos is the 335i, more than the TL is. Period.

MDX is essentially the same except for extra weight and 19inch wheels? so how come it becomes so faster at quarter mile. I will say check
0-120mph. the gap is even more. the higher the speed the better is 6AT. Gap almost is 3 second.
I like how you keep stretching the distance. Unfortunately even 120 mph is not enough. You can easily and aggressively gear a 4-5-speed transmission for a high performance 0-120 run.

You still are wrong, and it continues the proof that you know jack shit about anything concerning acceleration. Sorry, it's just the way it is.

TL has best handling, breaking, resale value, NVH for 6MT high rpm drive, Top ELS music system based on Edmund, high ground clearance, lowest price, better fit/finish, long term reliability, lowest maintainane costs.
The TL is not the best handling sedan. What a pathetic and moronic statement. It does not have the best resale. It does not have the best NVH for a 6MT, it does not have the top music system (that's subjective anyway, and Edmunds doesn't prove shit), lowest price compared to what, it has worse fit/finish, long term reliability is yet to be proven, and maintenance costs compared to what?

Absolute GARBAGE and lies you spew. Fucking ridiculous comments. They're funny, but ridiculous. Back your comments up with facts, don't just "SAY". You have ZERO credability and no one believes you.

997 is short, low car and is practically irrelavant current discussion. there is huge difference in imparting performanc to Premium Luxury car and Sport car. One is designed for comfort/NVH and space and other dont have that consideration.
That means nothing at all and the comparison is valid. Don't agree? Post proof of that, not just your difference in bodystyle or mission. If you don't, your comments will continue to be thrown out with your other trash.

do used car search for Premium cars on Autotrader and see how many you can find with Cooled seats. Agains the key word is Premium.
I found less than 10 in over 100 entries.
Who cares what you found? I don't, and neither does anyone else. You've already admitted to blind loyalty, so why should anyone believe you? By the way, I need facts and proof to back up your assertion, not a "search" from a website.

Fail.

whats the point of V8 when it fails the critical test of comfort for large luxury sedan.
Plenty of V8 cars are more comfortable. Fail.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:50 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Old 09-05-2010, 08:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

90% of BMW/Audi/MB on the roads dont have Cooled seats. so they are not premium based on ur logic.
THere is now greater chance of getting cooled seats in MDX/ZDX/RL than on other premium brands. It has no relevance to whether car is premium or not.
i would say car without AWD/Sport differential is not premium.
i would go even further car without Drive select (Now on new A8) or IDS like in ZDX is not premium because it is essentailly two cars in one. Only premium cars can have this dual personality.
the list is too long for what is premium and what is not based on feature. you have to stop counting features at some point and concentrate on actual vehicle.
I've got some free time tonight so I feel like answering. 90% of BMW, Audi, MB, and Lexus OFFER cooled seats as option extras or in packages. Thats the difference. So massive fail again for you.

The list is too long for what is premium and what is not based on AWD/Sport differentials. you have to stop counting drivetrain (FWD, RWD, AWD) at some point and concentrate on actual vehicle features!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by PortlandRL
I did have him on ignore for awhile but I actually enjoy reading his incoherent Honda/Acura psychobabble. I've been thru too much stuff medically lately and his posts always put a smile on my face and make me laugh! Laughter is the best medicine!
Old 09-05-2010, 08:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
TL FWD competes with luxury cruisers, where it fails (ES/Maxima/Avalon/Gen)

TL SHAWD competes with Sport sedans, where it does good (335xi, S4, G37x, C-Class etc)
Old 09-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Hapa DC5
I blame you for dragging me into this.

You know I can't be trusted with idiots when left to my own devices.

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura

TL SHAWD competes with Sport sedans, where it does good (335xi, S4, G37x, C-Class etc)
Yes.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:01 PM
Burning Brakes

I dont think you can call a Maxima a "premium" car. Simply because its not from a "premium" brand. It blasts the TL (and alot of other cars) in feature content, but at the end of the day theres still a Nissan Logo on the front
Old 09-05-2010, 09:04 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

I blame you for dragging me into this.

You know I can't be trusted with idiots when left to my own devices.
Sorry brother. I figured you haven't had your way with him for a while, he missed you!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

Spelling failure: credability....really?

**slaps myself**
Old 09-05-2010, 09:06 PM
Registered Member

Sorry brother. I figured you haven't had your way with him for a while, he missed you!
Son of a bitch.

I dont think you can call a Maxima a "premium" car. Simply because its not from a "premium" brand. It blasts the TL (and alot of other cars) in feature content, but at the end of the day theres still a Nissan Logo on the front
It's interior is pretty comparable to the TL in luxury though. After all the CC is on the same level as the TL to me, or the Phaeton to the LS460/600.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:06 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

The TL is a WONDERFUL driver's car, but it is a far cry from what SSFTSX is trying to make it out to be.

This guy is living in an Acura wet dream.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:09 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

Son of a bitch.
Think of it like prison, he's the one who holds your pocket while you walk. It's your turn; then turn him over to the rest of the cell block. No one knocks his teeth out because he's not a biter.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

Think of it like prison, he's the one who holds your pocket while you walk. It's your turn; then turn him over to the rest of the cell block. No one knocks his teeth out because he's not a biter.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

Man you are clueless. The TL was compared against the A4, G37, and 3-Series in a C&D comparison tests. It has the poorest handling, brake feel, ride quality, steering feel and came in last place for the test. By the way, the Audi was ranked better for fit/finish then TL.

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezfl...38d65f1123.pdf

I've found only 1 test so far where the TL was compared with the S4 and that was done by Road and Track and in that comparison all they did was talk about each vehicle and didn't give any in-depth comparison numbers and rankings like the C&D comparison test did.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:30 PM
Registered Member

Man you are clueless. The TL was compared against the A4, G37, and 3-Series in a C&D comparison tests. It has the poorest handling, brake feel, ride quality, steering feel and came in last place for the test. By the way, the BASE Audi was ranked better for fit/finish then TL.

I've found only 1 test so far where the TL was compared with the S4 and that was done by Road and Track and in that comparison all they did was talk about each vehicle and didn't give any in-depth comparison numbers and rankings like the C&D comparison test did.

Wifey, your car!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

The new Maxima has definitely moved into the premium sedan category. I should know, I have one, but the terminology is what typically is in question. Me and many others call it premium sedan, others consider that category to be entry-level luxury sedan but I don't I see them as the same and keep them separate, mainly not b/c of the car, but b/c of the brand image and stealership and headquarters experience with service and customer service. Cars like the Genesis, Maxima, Avalon, Taurus, LaCrosse, etc would be in the premium sedan category. G37, IS, TSX, TL, ES350, A4, 3-Series, CTS, and C-Class in the entry level luxury sedan category. That is the best way I try to differentiate the two categories.

Premium Sedan < Entry Level Luxury Sedan < Luxury Sedan < Premier/Super Luxury Sedan

Last edited by smarty666; 09-05-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:49 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

^ sounds like a reasonable way to categorize them.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

^ sounds like a reasonable way to categorize them.
Well thank you! Like I said though, that is just how I try to classify the sedans. Others agree with me while others consider premium = entry level lux sedan while others don't. Its not like its a universally accepted classification scheme.

I just can't stand when people use the term near luxury. Its either luxury or its not. There is no in between luxury. Hell that even sounds funny/fishy when I say it.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:08 AM
Burning Brakes

Maxima moved upmarket in 04 (rite after the Altima V6 came out). It had most of the features as the 7th gen and even back then it boasted more features than the TL (not to mention more torque ). I should know, I owned an 04 for a while.

But anyways, I think the line between luxury cars and premium sedans is thinning out. The new Max even offers more features than its premium brand Infiniti G37...
Old 09-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Safety Car

Man you are clueless. The TL was compared against the A4, G37, and 3-Series in a C&D comparison tests. It has the poorest handling, brake feel, ride quality, steering feel and came in last place for the test. By the way, the Audi was ranked better for fit/finish then TL.

Actually both R&T and AutomobileMag compared TL-SHAWD 6MT to S4. So it is two magazines. See my above posts of test track.
There is no ifs and butts left. 6MT TL is Legend that no other car in its class can match it.

If objectively analyze the C&D points. TL got highest point for rear space, second best engine NVH. (BMW is using the same engine in 5 series).
So key objective of luxury like NVH TL is still above Infiniti & Audi and second only to BMW.
So TL meets the definition of Luxury mid size sedan. Its fit & finish is equal to BMW. remember Fit & finish does not mean extra leather or tech.

5 speed Auto TL got equal points to Audi/Infiniti newer transmission. how many points do u think TL will get if it was 6MT TL comparision?
Old 09-06-2010, 03:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Actually both R&T and AutomobileMag compared TL-SHAWD 6MT to S4. So it is two magazines. See my above posts of test track.
There is no ifs and butts left. 6MT TL is Legend that no other car in its class can match it.

If objectively analyze the C&D points. TL got highest point for rear space, second best engine NVH. (BMW is using the same engine in 5 series).
So key objective of luxury like NVH TL is still above Infiniti & Audi and second only to BMW.
So TL meets the definition of Luxury mid size sedan. Its fit & finish is equal to BMW. remember Fit & finish does not mean extra leather or tech.

5 speed Auto TL got equal points to Audi/Infiniti newer transmission. how many points do u think TL will get if it was 6MT TL comparision?
What you drink at night?
Old 09-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by krio
What you drink at night?
I think his mother was holding him as an infant and trying to vacuum. She was vacuuming the stairs and OOPS!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:28 PM
Safety Car

The new Maxima has definitely moved into the premium sedan category. I should know, I have one, but the terminology is what typically is in question. Me and many others call it premium sedan, others consider that category to be entry-level luxury sedan but I don't I see them as the same and keep them separate, mainly not b/c of the car, but b/c of the brand image and stealership and headquarters experience with service and customer service. Cars like the Genesis, Maxima, Avalon, Taurus, LaCrosse, etc would be in the premium sedan category. G37, IS, TSX, TL, ES350, A4, 3-Series, CTS, and C-Class in the entry level luxury sedan category. That is the best way I try to differentiate the two categories.

Premium Sedan < Entry Level Luxury Sedan < Luxury Sedan < Premier/Super Luxury Sedan
There is no such thing as Entry level. It is premium and non premium
You can load S4 upto $65K. 335/M3 well above $60k. There is V8 in M3.
Both of them will be priced higher than regular A6/535.
A car becomes Premium when it gives you less features for price point. If it gives you more than at fair value. It means its main stream sedan.
I consider BMW 335 and BMW 535 equal as BMW 535 is larger car. so it is more expensive to start. $9000 difference is due to size and more expensive Mutlilink double wish bone Front suspension in 5 series. 3 series uses strut setup. 5 series has 10 way adjustable seats standard, standard HDD music, standard 18inch vs 17inch. All those goodies can possible add up to $9k starting difference.

when you click Acura TL SH-AWD comparision. They only list Audi/BMW/Lexus. There is no Infiniti and MB or any down market brand.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,206 Likes on 4,845 Posts
6MT TL is Legend that no other car in its class can match it.

You clicked the red one didnt you?
Old 09-06-2010, 04:43 PM
אני עומד עם ישראל

I'm so tempted to put him on mute, but it's just entertaining. I bet you him and his buddies are laughing at us getting all worked up because they all know it's a bunch of nonsense they are posting.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

A car becomes Premium when it gives you less features for price point. If it gives you more than at fair value. It means its main stream sedan.
I consider BMW 335 and BMW 535 equal as BMW 535 is larger car. so it is more expensive to start. $9000 difference is due to size and more expensive Mutlilink double wish bone Front suspension in 5 series. 3 series uses strut setup. 5 series has 10 way adjustable seats standard, standard HDD music, standard 18inch vs 17inch. All those goodies can possible add up to $9k starting difference.

when you click Acura TL SH-AWD comparision. They only list Audi/BMW/Lexus. There is no Infiniti and MB or any down market brand.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

That's damn well enough. I'm revoking your membership to all of those wine tasting getups you attend.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Pro

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews..._s4/index.html

The TL did far better than I would have imagined; it was actually rated higher than the S4 in handling and steering. I don't agree with most of what SSFTSX has been saying, but there is some truth in his comments about the S4/TL comparison.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,102 Likes on 763 Posts

Can we just delete every post from post #1418 forward and start over at #1419 discussing car sales figures?

Quick Reply: Monthly Car Sales news