Turbo Kit for Acura TL '04-'08

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 11:43 AM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Xiomaro
... not even i will tell all my secrets... you guys should remember that

wow! thats pretty ghey xD

makes me feel pretty stupid, answering questions you had via PM regarding CM clutches and stuff. ive pioneered and tested out ALOT of things for our cars and am always happy to share with the community.

to you and your secrets ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Old 02-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Old 02-20-2010, 01:16 PM
BANNED

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
+1, this secret squirl crap is gay.....

Forums are supposed to be for sharing info, not just posting crap up saying look how great I am......
Old 02-20-2010, 02:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,194 Likes on 687 Posts
It better be a good secret. Be annoying to find out it's something some folks here could already know.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
It better be a good secret. Be annoying to find out it's something some folks here could already know.
im sitting in his car right now trying to figure it out this "secret"
Old 02-20-2010, 02:59 PM
BANNED

^Probably the NUT behind the wheel
Old 02-20-2010, 03:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Even thou I know the secret comment isn't geared to us I'd hope I can see the direction where this is going ,and I'd hate to see mods in here closing or bannin anyone this thread has come a long way and has educated ,and also helped us grow , so please let's stay on topic and I'm sure everyone knows as soon as I can discuss our new test results I will ......
Old 02-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NVA-AV6
^Probably the NUT behind the wheel
there is no one behind the wheel
Old 02-20-2010, 05:56 PM

I really didn't like the exhaust sound so it doesn't matter to me but holding out among a bunch of guys who have done a lot of sharing & pioneering on the forum is asinine.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:05 PM

I found his secret!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaWpMUkE14I
Old 02-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^win
Old 02-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
+1, this secret squirl crap is gay.....

Forums are supposed to be for sharing info, not just posting crap up saying look how great I am......
Agreed...too bad people have to be like that. Thankfully most people use this board as intended.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<-- laughed pretty damn hard when the tip fell off.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:50 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Originally Posted by Souljah
<-- laughed pretty damn hard when the tip fell off.

am still
Old 02-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
aw guys. get off his ass about the exhaust. he doesnt have to share anything. even if he does use the forum for all his info, its not like he owes anything to us.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Xiomara thanks for stepping up and giving us a totally new car to r&d on which is still way unde. 30k , his car has helped to move along for different tuning solutions to come for all tl 2004-2008 ..... Not many would do such a thing ....
Old 02-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by pass427
Xiomara thanks for stepping up and giving us a totally new car to r&d on which is still way unde. 30k , his car has helped to move along for different tuning solutions to come for all tl 2004-2008 ..... Not many would do such a thing ....
If I lived near you, I would in a heartbeat.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Chapter Leader (NY/NJ)

Received 186 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by majofo
i really didn't like the exhaust sound so it doesn't matter to me but holding out among a bunch of guys who have done a lot of sharing & pioneering on the forum is asinine.

+1
Old 02-21-2010, 06:57 PM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Even thou I know the secret comment isn't geared to us I'd hope I can see the direction where this is going ,and I'd hate to see mods in here closing or bannin anyone this thread has come a long way and has educated ,and also helped us grow , so please let's stay on topic and I'm sure everyone knows as soon as I can discuss our new test results I will ......
i have no problem with this. its one thing if you guys are working on something and want to keep it underwraps until its fully developed thats fine. just keep it on the DL till then.

... not even i will tell all my secrets... you guys should remember that

LAME.....
instead of bragging that you have a secret and wish we all knew what it was, just keep it to yourself thats middle school ish

besides, i wouldnt be so giddy if thats the tune your going to be romping around town in. i still dont see any boost graphs or ANTHING shown on the graphs above, to warrant having a tune like that . i consider shawn at church auto to be the best tuners in the business and dont think theres any way he would have a car leave the shop like that. =/

im going down to see him in a couple of weeks and i printed the graphs so i can get his opinion on it. the guy has taught me ALOT... and after knowing him plus tuning my car for almost 4 years now, i know he'd say the same..

anyways, be careful and GL, seriously....

Last edited by 04accordcpe; 02-21-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:30 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^Amazing seems like your stuck on a topic that's leading to no where yes we are keeping it on the dl but for people who've been waiting on different tuning options at least they're aware it is coming , every one has there opinion, but in anything there's always one that seems to think what they say must count so suit yourself .....
Old 02-23-2010, 01:11 AM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
well im sure once everything is tested they will be releasing info. im just wondering if this the venture with hondata.

will the next shipment be the rest of the kit? did the pipes come back? date?

so rodney, when you coming to new jersey?
Old 02-23-2010, 02:07 AM
1st 3g Turbo TL-S

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
dont get me wrong xiomaro....if the turbo guys would have kept everything secret, ur ass wudnt have been in a turbo'd TL !!!

you learn from the forum, you help learn in a forum....
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe
wow! thats pretty ghey xD

makes me feel pretty stupid, answering questions you had via PM regarding CM clutches and stuff. ive pioneered and tested out ALOT of things for our cars and am always happy to share with the community.

to you and your secrets ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
Man if i was every going to go into business with anyone, you guys would be first on the list. I mean it's just such a great idea to tell everyone every detail about how all of your research and development went! that way when you go to sell your product no one buys it because they already know how to make it! But seriously you guys need to think. do you really think these guys are just going to run something on the wrong A/F ratio at the risk of putting them further in the hole???

As far as my exhaust, guess what, i could care less if you do or don't like how it sounds, but i really don't plan on putting it into production so everyone sounds like me. I like to stay as original as possible. O and 04accord, i do thank u for the info, but seriously you're talking apples and oranges... sorry i asked about things that were already in production. My secrets will not stay secrets, but it's not fair for you guys to pry at every detail for someone else's hard work and then try and short change them down the line.

To the JandR team, thank you for everything you're doing for me and everyone else even if they don't appreciate it.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:23 AM
18psi

^forget about your exhaust at this point. did you design any of these new features that JandR is working on and implementing in your car? if you did then kudos to you. if you didnt then you should watch the way you says things because your coming across like you did this all by yourself with your "secrets"
Old 02-23-2010, 02:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,194 Likes on 687 Posts
Unless you have done some radical change to exhaust, $20 says someone on this forum has already done it in the past. The exhaust mods have been exhausted in nearly every way possible.

Anyways, back to the snail & how it's holding up to daily use.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by libert69
well im sure once everything is tested they will be releasing info. im just wondering if this the venture with hondata.

will the next shipment be the rest of the kit? did the pipes come back? date?

so rodney, when you coming to new jersey?
Your correct everyone knows I've always given updates without holdbacks , I regret not been able to give a full detail update but for all the people who are waiting and who've been waiting there will be a good solution we've all hoped for , right now we've been testing and getting info needed to get process going how soon I have no et ,so on that note no one should be concerned about there tune and Nva Av6 mentioned a few pages back that when the kit arrives a final tune would be required to maintain correct a/f due to different weather conditions ect ,which most if not all already planned on getting done .......

Hi speed will recieve a tracking # this week for the next shipment and the rest will follow .....

Libert I'd say in early mid march I have some work to do @ by affiliate A&g auto , so I'll be able to do your install as I'm there ..
Old 02-23-2010, 05:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Ive gotten a lot of question about the reliabilty of the turbo vs the supercharger which I believed has been addressed earlier in this thread , everyone has there own conception so I'm sure there'll be different opinions on this topic , but I'm sure the supercharger isn't as reliabe as the turbo setup as with any power adder there are advantages and disadvantages, but I'm sure if were as reliable we would have had an reflash by now whicch is one of the main reason the project was dropped in the first place a lot of knock issues rising iat I can go on but I'm sure like in anything else some will disagree .....
Old 02-23-2010, 07:17 AM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Checking back in on this thread, good to see that things are still progressing with this option for the community.

Man if i was every going to go into business with anyone, you guys would be first on the list. I mean it's just such a great idea to tell everyone every detail about how all of your research and development went! that way when you go to sell your product no one buys it because they already know how to make it! But seriously you guys need to think. do you really think these guys are just going to run something on the wrong A/F ratio at the risk of putting them further in the hole???
I can see where you're coming from, but I disagree. I commissioned one of the first built 2.8L STis in the world from an engine builder in California. There were only two others at the time, one went to Saudi Arabia and the other went to Australia. I was given regular updates by the builder because it was pretty groundbreaking in the Subaru community and I kept the community up to date through the Subaru forums. This included build pics, tuning / dyno graphs, everything. It was great PR for that company. There was a guy who had his STi in the shop that did my install who had JUST received a built 2.5L block. After he saw my build on the forums and in the shop, he got jealous and scrapped the 2.5L and immediately commissioned a 2.8L from the same company. I don't think it's harmful to a company to hype up innovative tuning research, I think it's the exact opposite. It's not like you have to give out exact tolerances or manufacturing techniques, but an overall scope and details of the project especially in a tightly knit enthusiast community really helps to get the word out about the product(s).

That's MY
Old 02-23-2010, 07:58 AM
Burning Brakes

^^^agreed which we have kept the community updated but if I go giving out info which I was told not to give out as yet but at least inform the forum we are or have been working on what we've been waiting for a long time , I'm sure a lot of us will catch on and also understand ...... But I agree and have no problem sharing info but too much b4 the time can also be hazardous to our progress ....
Old 02-23-2010, 08:21 AM

Ive gotten a lot of question about the reliabilty of the turbo vs the supercharger which I believed has been addressed earlier in this thread , everyone has there own conception so I'm sure there'll be different opinions on this topic , but I'm sure the supercharger isn't as reliabe as the turbo setup as with any power adder there are advantages and disadvantages, but I'm sure if were as reliable we would have had an reflash by now whicch is one of the main reason the project was dropped in the first place a lot of knock issues rising iat I can go on but I'm sure like in anything else some will disagree .....
CTE Supercharger should never be in the same sentence as reliable unless the sentence were to say: The CTE Supercharger is as reliable as a 2G TL AT utilizing an XBOX 360 as a PCM programmed by Toyota, rolling on recalled Firestone Tires.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:44 AM
BANNED

The physical SC is reliable, especially since they did not make it, it was made by Magnusen, now what is unreliable obut the CTE kit is the "tuning" solution they use, the ESM/ASM is BS, also the FPR they use has failure issues. Now you take a CTE kit, put a FIC on it and a Aeromotive FPR and the reliability goes wayyy up.

It will be the same with this turbo kit, Rodney is using good componets and the best tuning solution avalible ATM, but anyone who gets this kit needs to take it to a local tuner to get it dialed in for thier SPECIFIC VEHICLE. Scooby owners also have this issue where they get a cobb access port and download some off the web tunes that are generic and then blow thier engines because the tune was not re-worked for thier specific vehicles and operating conditions. The tune you will be getting with the kit will get you to a tunner driving carefully, but still needs to be tweaked to fit the specific vehicle / region.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:45 AM

Old 02-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Burning Brakes

The physical SC is reliable, especially since they did not make it, it was made by Magnusen, now what is unreliable obut the CTE kit is the "tuning" solution they use, the ESM/ASM is BS, also the FPR they use has failure issues. Now you take a CTE kit, put a FIC on it and a Aeromotive FPR and the reliability goes wayyy up.

It will be the same with this turbo kit, Rodney is using good componets and the best tuning solution avalible ATM, but anyone who gets this kit needs to take it to a local tuner to get it dialed in for thier SPECIFIC VEHICLE. Scooby owners also have this issue where they get a cobb access port and download some off the web tunes that are generic and then blow thier engines because the tune was not re-worked for thier specific vehicles and operating conditions. The tune you will be getting with the kit will get you to a tunner driving carefully, but still needs to be tweaked to fit the specific vehicle / region.
that is correct when kit is installed any reputable tuner facility will be able to adjust a/f for specific conditions and vehicle , tune changes with weather and other factors, but for the most part you'll be able to startup and drive to tuner shop of your choice ,and I'm sure everyone will have at least an a/f wideband guage to make sure a/f is correct your local tuner will have but one should be on the car somewhere where it can be seen at all times, and we don't recommend boosting the car with low fuel in tank ,we want to keep fuel pump with ample fuel .....
Old 02-23-2010, 02:12 PM
18psi

March is perfect. Ill be off from work march 10th-19th. do any of those days work for you?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:27 PM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
What is the word on the aftermarket clutch kit or disc? I would like to do a new clutch along with the turbo install if possable. Also mounts and TQ dampener? Is everyone using the Excelerate mounts? I am considering 75A mounts and maybe a TQ dampener.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:58 PM
1st 3g Turbo TL-S

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
i went with the 85a from innovative cuz there was never a solid release date on excelerates 's at the time. And they still have the lifetime replacement so whatever. I'd also like to get one of the TQ dampers as well
Old 02-23-2010, 05:09 PM
Safety Car

I'm not so sure about the ETD. It looks like the XLR8 is a NRG unit with different mounts. You can get NRG dampers for a lot cheaper than $150.00.

An Ingall's stiffy is in that price range and can be adapted to replace the stock unit on a 6mt according to another user here.

I was in the same boat as Xiomaro. XLR8 wouldn't say why I should wait so I went to P2R and ordered IM 85a's.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:30 PM
18psi

my xlr8 75a mounts came in today. they look real beefy. gonna put them on next week
Old 02-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^ Any pics I have to replace my 60a which are ruined only those were availble after waiting a month and they sent wrong set...
Old 02-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Hi speed
What is the word on the aftermarket clutch kit or disc? I would like to do a new clutch along with the turbo install if possable. Also mounts and TQ dampener? Is everyone using the Excelerate mounts? I am considering 75A mounts and maybe a TQ dampener.
Were waiting too and unfortunately they keep having delays ,which is out of our hands so went with just a disc which have worked fine so far , however
xiomaro does have an aftermarket clutch kit in which I'll try to compare with my setup , when car gets back on the road which shouldn't be long ....

Xiomaro do smell a tl vs tls heads up @ 400whp each I'm sure everyone would enjoy
Old 02-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Safety Car

^^^ Any pics I have to replace my 60a which are ruined only those were availble after waiting a month and they sent wrong set...
It's here Rodney

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/xlr8-performance-engine-mounts-acura-tl-04-08-all-764063/

Quick Reply: Turbo Kit for Acura TL '04-'08