Turbo Kit for Acura TL '04-'08

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 06:57 PM
BANNED

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
Be sure to do the check valve delete in the slave cylinder..........
Old 02-23-2010, 07:37 PM
1st 3g Turbo TL-S

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by pass427
Were waiting too and unfortunately they keep having delays ,which is out of our hands so went with just a disc which have worked fine so far , however
xiomaro does have an aftermarket clutch kit in which I'll try to compare with my setup , when car gets back on the road which shouldn't be long ....

Xiomaro do smell a tl vs tls heads up @ 400whp each I'm sure everyone would enjoy
HAH, sounds good. gota get that 2nd gear issue though or i'm screwed, lol
Old 02-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
2nd gear issue?
Old 02-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^i believe that issue is with the car itself.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:59 PM
1st 3g Turbo TL-S

i think it's a messed up syncro. the guy who did my clutch job was just a real fucktard to begin with so the guys are looking into what else he may have screwed up
Old 02-24-2010, 12:07 AM
347hp/300tq @ 4psi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^Amazing seems like your stuck on a topic that's leading to no where yes we are keeping it on the dl but for people who've been waiting on different tuning options at least they're aware it is coming , every one has there opinion, but in anything there's always one that seems to think what they say must count so suit yourself .....
totally understandable....that "just keep it on the DL till then" was geared torwards Xiomaro, not you guys. all this "his" secrets stuff kind of erked me thats all. to me, you guys are doing an outstanding job with all your r&d work

oh BTW, i asked for some boost graphs in an earlier post. can you post any?

Originally Posted by Xiomaro
As far as my exhaust, guess what, i could care less if you do or don't like how it sounds, but i really don't plan on putting it into production so everyone sounds like me. I like to stay as original as possible. O and 04accord, i do thank u for the info, but seriously you're talking apples and oranges... sorry i asked about things that were already in production. My secrets will not stay secrets, but it's not fair for you guys to pry at every detail for someone else's hard work and then try and short change them down the line.
hey, if you dont want people to copy your setup, its simple. dont post any pics or vids of your car PERIOD, cause people will ask and feel this way if you tell them its a "secret" reminds me of that Cl6speednoupe guy that posted an very impressive dyno chart, but refused to tell people his mods.. like he's rubbing it in our face.

regarding info on the CM clutch, i had a special made kit that i told you about, which utilizes the stock dual mass FW and still working great in my friends car today. its something def not in production or advertised, but will save you big $$'s.

lastly, i still dont agree with the tune, but thats just one mans opinion. im sure they know what their doing and would love to see a boost graph to get a bigger picture.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:25 AM
runnin a little boost

Received 256 Likes on 208 Posts
I may have to run the CM kit if I don't find another option before I install the turbo. I think running the stock clutch is not going to be good with the turbo.
Old 02-24-2010, 12:28 AM
Got your mom in

i think it's a messed up syncro. the guy who did my clutch job was just a real fucktard to begin with so the guys are looking into what else he may have screwed up
your counter weight was also bent. dont know how they managed to do that
Old 02-24-2010, 05:39 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Nva-av6 I haven't done the check valve delete as yet but will get around to it soon thou...

Majofo yea ever since Xiomaro had someone do a clutch job with an aftermarket setup not sure which setup but it's clear something hasn't been right since , and upon inspection the selector was badly bent as if the trans was dropped or bent second gear sometimes but on occasion has to skip to third so that has to be fixed ,and all other gears works fine , but when driving in gear if u rest your hand on the gear stick it's as if the pressure plate is always slightly engaged ,even a clutch adjustment didn't help, we will get around to it thousnd see what wrong hopefully it's just the synchro ,or something is bent internally ...

Hi-speed if you're going to run the stock clutch components at least use the upgraded disc which should work fine .

04 Accord I haven't gotten around to post any graph right now we are back on fourth working on what is necessary to have a tuned ( reflashed) Ecu to come with our turbo kits , which we will have no date at this point .......

Anyone has the correct injector size for the 2007 Acura Tl type S ??
Old 02-24-2010, 07:40 AM
BANNED

^Probably need to order a injector and send it to one of the ijnector cleaning houses to get the spec.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Burning Brakes

^^ I probably have to do that because I need to have to the right size , to get some calibration done but I have to have to correct size that came in the car stock size...
Old 02-24-2010, 10:33 AM
1st 3g Turbo TL-S

hey, if you dont want people to copy your setup, its simple. dont post any pics or vids of your car PERIOD, cause people will ask and feel this way if you tell them its a "secret" reminds me of that Cl6speednoupe guy that posted an very impressive dyno chart, but refused to tell people his mods.. like he's rubbing it in our face.

regarding info on the CM clutch, i had a special made kit that i told you about, which utilizes the stock dual mass FW and still working great in my friends car today. its something def not in production or advertised, but will save you big $$'s.

lastly, i still dont agree with the tune, but thats just one mans opinion. im sure they know what their doing and would love to see a boost graph to get a bigger picture.
the sheer fact that you're still on this kick is hilarious. BTW i still had to get a completely custom setup from CM as well. Loni basically told me that the dual mass setup was a balls and refabricated the entire setup for a standard clutch and fly setup. However the installer made sure to make my setup 10x more expensive. So u telling me about your setup was completely irrelevant in the end. So don't worry u didn't give me anything there... u wana know where i got my custom interior pieces too? i don't know if i could part with giving up that info...
Old 02-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
xiomaro, you're a selfish and annoying character...

how can you ask, ask, ask questions on this forum
and hold out on others?

shouldn't you be ashamed?
Old 02-24-2010, 01:08 PM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
even if the info 04accord gave you, you didn't end up using.

it's still the principle of it... no?
Old 02-24-2010, 01:16 PM
runnin a little boost

the sheer fact that you're still on this kick is hilarious. BTW i still had to get a completely custom setup from CM as well. Loni basically told me that the dual mass setup was a balls and refabricated the entire setup for a standard clutch and fly setup. However the installer made sure to make my setup 10x more expensive. So u telling me about your setup was completely irrelevant in the end. So don't worry u didn't give me anything there... u wana know where i got my custom interior pieces too? i don't know if i could part with giving up that info...

Stop shitting on this thread. No one give a fuck what you are running or hiding. The point of the thread is the turbo kit, what parts people are using and updates on the kit. Any other garbage belongs in off topic.

On a more productive and relivant note, what do people reccomend for a clutch disc.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Burning Brakes

This is the thread to use for Xiomaro https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/my-baby-way-lol-sounds-funny-762097/ please we can all agree that this thread has been productive and Informative , we've had a lot of people keeping up with this thread , example Honda Alabama racing team , non Tl owners and just a bunch in general ,Xiomaro I understand we have your car and everything but drawing this thing out is going to cost us in the long run which we can't afford I'm not telling you to tell everyone what u got but please keep it in your thread that way we don't hurt this thread to thd point of no return , thanks for understanding .......https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=762097

and I'm sure there going to be rule breakers thinking who the hell am I , I'm just a peace maker looking to have this thread open as long as I possibly can .... Thks to alll
Old 02-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Hey on a greater note hi-speed your kit is back and you'll have your tacking by the end of the week , on the clutch note you can email me and I'll try to help you with the best option you choose to go with if I can as far as price...
Old 02-24-2010, 01:44 PM

Yeah.. stop polluting this thread.. what's wrong with you guys..

Xiomara is just chang (you're not chinese are you?) with his info, he's always been this way.. even with his hood scoop, but that's alright. It's not like anyone was going to steal your idea & sell it, they were just interested. If it's personal to you then don't bring it up in the first place. You didn't invent the wheel & you're not steve jobs.

In regards to your 2nd gear.. it sounds like you definitely need to drop it & inspect the issue.. pull the shafts & get it back together. Hopefully no major damage has been done, the sooner the better. I hope you get it worked out so you can enjoy that badboy.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:11 PM
1st 3g Turbo TL-S

i've had enough stuff stolen from me already that i've had enough of it. this is my last post regarding anything about my car. call me selfish if u want, but i'm not doing anything different than anyone else in this business. so, from this point on the onlything u guys will ever hear about this car will be from jandr. see ya and have a nice day
Old 02-24-2010, 02:18 PM
J36Twingt28r's,nextgt30r

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
finally!! ^^ now we can actually hear productivity instead of rambling. JandR im impressed by how professionaly u handled that!! good job, and good luck i know i will be a future customer of urs. hopefully if all goes well by this winter!!!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:24 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
dude Xiomara I had the same issue with my 2nd gear....its a really simple fix.....got it done on my car....its a secret and am not telling it
Old 02-24-2010, 02:51 PM
runnin a little boost

i've had enough stuff stolen from me already that i've had enough of it. this is my last post regarding anything about my car. call me selfish if u want, but i'm not doing anything different than anyone else in this business. so, from this point on the onlything u guys will ever hear about this car will be from jandr. see ya and have a nice day
What business, and no one gives a fuck about your car. It any type-s guys want the kit they can look at the millions of pics that will be shared by the 3.2 guys or call JandR directly.

Last edited by Hi speed; 02-24-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Got your mom in

Originally Posted by swoosh
dude Xiomara I had the same issue with my 2nd gear....its a really simple fix.....got it done on my car....its a secret and am not telling it
seriously...... are you any better than him for bumping the thread in such a childish manner?......... the thread is called Turbo Kit for 04-08 Acura TL not "Xiomaro's secret"

Rodney asked to drop the whole "secret" topic because we do not want a mod to close the thread for being off topic and rambling. we can all agree that this thread has been flooded with valuable info towards our cars and to have it locked because some one wanted to jump on the bandwagon would be senseless. We're all adults here, so lets continue being adults.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:03 PM
Got your mom in

Originally Posted by Hi speed
What business, and no one gives a fuck about your car. It any type-s guys want the kit they can look at the millions of pics that will be shared by the 3.2 guys or call JandR directly.
Hi speed... this is not helping to keep the thread on topic.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:07 PM

I for one, found no humor in it but found it rather shallow & pedantic.

Back OT, keep us updated on your turbo installs!
Old 02-24-2010, 04:04 PM
1st TL-S on air in

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i just want a little more reliability out of this kit and im sold. The mains parts are all quality but i just want a little more piece of mind before i dive back into a turbo car that has not been proven to be reliable over a course of time.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:48 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by wrxyboy
i just want a little more reliability out of this kit and im sold. The mains parts are all quality but i just want a little more piece of mind before i dive back into a turbo car that has not been proven to be reliable over a course of time.
I'm not sure if you'll ever get that. Even with a good tune, there are very few production automobiles that have what it takes when you boost the HP this much. I expect things to happen down the road, if I weren't, I wouldn't be doing this.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
This is the thread to use for Xiomaro https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=762097 please we can all agree that this thread has been productive and Informative , we've had a lot of people keeping up with this thread , example Honda Alabama racing team , non Tl owners and just a bunch in general ,Xiomaro I understand we have your car and everything but drawing this thing out is going to cost us in the long run which we can't afford I'm not telling you to tell everyone what u got but please keep it in your thread that way we don't hurt this thread to thd point of no return , thanks for understanding .......https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=762097

and I'm sure there going to be rule breakers thinking who the hell am I , I'm just a peace maker looking to have this thread open as long as I possibly can .... Thks to alll
+ 1

Consider yourselves warned. This thread wont get locked. Bans will just be handed out.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by libert69
my xlr8 75a mounts came in today. they look real beefy. gonna put them on next week
Hey Libert throw up some pics please! Plus, when did these come out? Dang, I've been checking in from time to time and I guess miss some updates...
Old 02-24-2010, 05:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by Maddizm
Hey Libert throw up some pics please! Plus, when did these come out? Dang, I've been checking in from time to time and I guess miss some updates...
So much crap in here lately that the real stuff is lost.....Here is the thread.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-performance-parts-modifications-112/xlr8-performance-engine-mounts-acura-tl-04-08-all-764063/
Old 02-24-2010, 07:40 PM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
Hey on a greater note hi-speed your kit is back and you'll have your tacking by the end of the week , on the clutch note you can email me and I'll try to help you with the best option you choose to go with if I can as far as price...
good news right there. will this shipment include all the remaining items?
Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 PM
....just dancing in

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you Moderator for finally stepping in. I almost lost interest in this thread from all the pissing contest going on. Truly so many have gain valuable knowledge from this thread.

Rodney you are an asset to the TL community and a first class guy. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when some members personally attack others, it becomes an EGO trip.

Please remember, we learn from failure, not success.

Last edited by 77donovan77; 02-24-2010 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:06 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
Originally Posted by 04accordcpe
totally understandable....that "just keep it on the DL till then" was geared torwards Xiomaro, not you guys. all this "his" secrets stuff kind of erked me thats all. to me, you guys are doing an outstanding job with all your r&d work

oh BTW, i asked for some boost graphs in an earlier post. can you post any?

god i loved that thread. i served him up some ownage
Old 02-24-2010, 09:07 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
^link to the thread?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:15 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
oops. posted before i saw the warning. apologies to the mods and everyone. rajca. ill send u a pm
Old 02-25-2010, 05:57 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by libert69
good news right there. will this shipment include all the remaining items?
Yea it will probably be two boxes if I can't package all in one box , but for most part should have all parts..
Old 02-25-2010, 07:18 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool, now piss off you piece of crap.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:22 AM
Former Whyner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Bender
Cool, now piss off you piece of crap.
Good job that should have bought ur one way ticket to BANLAND... returning TBD.

Mods feel free to delete my comment, but this is ridiculous
Old 02-25-2010, 10:12 AM
runnin a little boost

Has anyone looked into turbo timers. The tuner doing my install is all about them, but I am worried about how my car will stay on without the key. Another concern since I park in a garage, is that I will have to sit there with the car or leave the door open until the car shuts off.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:44 AM
BANNED

If your guys is real good he could probably use a remote start immobilizer bypass module to keep the car running with the key removed......

Quick Reply: Turbo Kit for Acura TL '04-'08