Turbo Kit for Acura TL '04-'08

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
I know someone earlier mentioned that the J-Pipe & Pre-Cat Deletes may not be do-able with this mod. Pass, were your pre-cats & J-pipe altered in any way?
Precats & jpipe are deleted with turbo setup ..
Old 06-15-2009, 11:51 PM
05' AT SSM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Silva-type-s
^ how does it feel to have the most powerful TL in the world?
LOL i was thinking the same thing the other day at work, that guy definitely must feel pretty cool

Also great to have all this information on a public forum. Big props keep up the good work.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:06 AM
07 WDP TL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
man can't wait for it to come out already, working hard and saving up for this kit. Always wanted a turbo kit ever since i had this car
Old 06-16-2009, 12:16 AM
07 WDP TL

are you going to have enough kits made for everyone that wants a kit??
Old 06-16-2009, 01:08 AM
Herro

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Lol I hope I save up enough for a brand new turbo kit. I would be better if I can buy it piece by piece. But if there is a supercharger out there that someone is selling the there aren't any more turbo kits, the I guess I'll have to settle with that and tune it with the AEM F/IC since apparently it works.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:12 AM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
how well would a reliable turbo kit like this one (hopefully) work on a high mileage tl? say 100K+ miles? is it even worth it assuming the car always had on time maintenance done (fluids etc) and never showed any major problems.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,239 Likes on 703 Posts
Originally Posted by pass427
Precats & jpipe are deleted with turbo setup ..
Well, guess I'll pass on the Pre-Cats.
Originally Posted by bcbtony
are you going to have enough kits made for everyone that wants a kit??
I would imagine that as long as there are people wanting them, they'll produce them.

After all, doesn't Comptech still offer up brand new superchargers for the base TL?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Racer

^ sounds good
Old 06-16-2009, 09:33 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
As far as kits there will be ample amount produced, as for right now I'm in the process of tring to pick up a major Partner / sponsorship to help with revision and testing and funding.......

For right now I'm asking people with interest about purchasing kit to make a list or please leave us with an email at jandrnexlevelperformance.com with name and email address .....this would help me out a lot , so at my next meeting I can show there's a market out there waiting on kit .....
hey pass i know this topic is beaten to death but i have couple questions.....

will the AT kit be cheaper since we wont have to get a clutch kit ??? since all the testing is going into MT, how is the AT being tested ???

how will a high mileage engine handle this ??? I have 104K miles on my 05TL AT....i love driving her a lot.....I have always gotten the maintenance and everything gotten on time.....

thanks a lot for this man.....am interested in the kit....just contemplating.....will make up my mind and send a healthy donation
Old 06-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh

will the AT kit be cheaper since we wont have to get a clutch kit ??? since all the testing is going into MT, how is the AT being tested ???

how will a high mileage engine handle this ??? I have 104K miles on my 05TL AT....i love driving her a lot.....I have always gotten the maintenance and everything gotten on time.....

thanks a lot for this man.....am interested in the kit....just contemplating.....will make up my mind and send a healthy donation
I'm not trying to step on any toes, I'm sure Pass will fill you in better.

Just wanted to answer the mileage question. You should be fine turboing a 100,000 mile engine. I do highly suggest a robust 10w-30 oil or even Mobil One 0w-40 for this application. It's a good idea even for a low mileage turbo motor, it's an even better idea for yours.

Looking at the torque figures and where it's making the torque, a thicker more robust oil is a must if you want it to live.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by swoosh

Isn't the other TL that's turbo'd running on an auto tranny? I think he's the one that blew his tranny.....banela maybe?

I wonder the same thing since I have an 05 AT TL.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Instructor

My Auto TL is up and running again. I put the second tranny and lower the boost to 7.5PSI. Got tired of waiting to ear from Precision 10. I'm having a blast and so far so good. Rodney could tell you guys about the kills I have so far. As long as your +100k engine is without any major problem, you would be good to go.
On Friday I already got 2 tickets, one for speeding, going 52 on a 35. the car did not feel like it and the second one for not having my DL on me. On Saturday, I had a nice run with a base 07 Corvette. for those is Atlanta that are familiar with 166 "Freedom Pkwy" going to 75/85, that where we were playing at. The response is unbelievable, the tranny was and is still handling it great. Even though I got an auto, I like to put it on the manual mode. On 3rd gear, around 3500RPM is where the real pleasure comes. I always leave my traction control on, and I'm using 91 Octane. All I can tell you is WOW.
PS: The car was not dyno again at 7.5 PSI but on our estimation, we are around 350 to 360WHP
Old 06-16-2009, 10:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by banelba
My Auto TL is up and running again. I put the second tranny and lower the boost to 7.5PSI. Got tired of waiting to ear from Precision 10. I'm having a blast and so far so good. Rodney could tell you guys about the kills I have so far. As long as your +100k engine is without any major problem, you would be good to go.
On Friday I already got 2 tickets, one for speeding, going 52 on a 35. the car did not feel like it and the second one for not having my DL on me. On Saturday, I had a nice run with a base 07 Corvette. for those is Atlanta that are familiar with 166 "Freedom Pkwy" going to 75/85, that where we were playing at. The response is unbelievable, the tranny was and is still handling it great. Even though I got an auto, I like to put it on the manual mode. On 3rd gear, around 3500RPM is where the real pleasure comes. I always leave my traction control on, and I'm using 91 Octane. All I can tell you is WOW.
PS: The car was not dyno again at 7.5 PSI but on our estimation, we are around 350 to 360WHP
hehe, I'm all giggly inside after reading this :P
Old 06-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Needs wheels

Dude, please tell me you're coming to the Stn. Mtn. meet, or at least come through one of the weekly mini-meets on Wednesdays...I really wanna see your car in person

Last edited by godizus; 06-16-2009 at 10:11 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:07 AM
Instructor

I'm using Royal Purple, little costly but great oil.
Originally Posted by I hate cars
I'm not trying to step on any toes, I'm sure Pass will fill you in better.

Just wanted to answer the mileage question. You should be fine turboing a 100,000 mile engine. I do highly suggest a robust 10w-30 oil or even Mobil One 0w-40 for this application. It's a good idea even for a low mileage turbo motor, it's an even better idea for yours.

Looking at the torque figures and where it's making the torque, a thicker more robust oil is a must if you want it to live.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 AM
07 WDP TL

oh man can't wait till it comes out what happens if you run 94 octane like we have here
Old 06-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Instructor

I will try my best. I'm flying to Montreal next week and would be there for a week and coming back to Atlanta on the second. By the way Canadian friends, any of you needing anything from the States, let me know. And where would you recommend for a good rental car. This is my first trip there so any advise.
Originally Posted by godizus
Dude, please tell me you're coming to the Stn. Mtn. meet, or at least come through one of the weekly mini-meets on Wednesdays...I really wanna see your car in person
Old 06-16-2009, 10:16 AM
Racer

So I take it you didn't hear anything about what broke in the first tranny? Are you planning on raising the boost back up after breaking in the new tranny?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Instructor

Very funny. Money don't grow on trees. Actually I'll take it easy for a minute while I wait to ear from them, and there's plenty of power to play with at 7.5
Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
So I take it you didn't hear anything about what broke in the first tranny? Are you planning on raising the boost back up after breaking in the new tranny?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Turbo TL is a beautiful thing !!!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Racer

Very funny. Money don't grow on trees. Actually I'll take it easy for a minute while I wait to ear from them, and there's plenty of power to play with at 7.5

I didn't mean that in a bad way.....just asking the question is all. I don't think that I would complain about 7.5, it's without a doubt way more power than I'm dealing with now! I'm just curious what your plans are, and to see what failed with the first tranny.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Team Owner

I'm using Royal Purple, little costly but great oil.
Be very careful with that oil. It has been shown to cause excessive wear in high hp applications. I hope you're at least running a 30wt. RP is overpriced, I would run any quality dino oil over that crap.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Burning Brakes

I'm loving this thread , plus I'm glad I hate cars have been around to answer most if not all questions concerning boosting the Tl .......At begging of project we opt to start with a high milage motor rather than a new , we all know a new motor example 40 k or less would be in good shape ... So we are testing on motor that have seen quiet an abuse in all motor form and currently it has 80,600 miles on motor so a high mileage motor that has been mainted will be find ...... I'd just recomend usaul test like a leak down & compression test , which should let you know everything is good ....I have edluv123 on standby for auto , or if I do pick up new sponsor I think they'll pick up a auto Tl for testing so which ever way well have one for testing ......I'm also dealing with banelba to c what exactly failed in the auto trans but we are currently waiting for company to get back to him, that way well know what to upgrade and what it will handle on a daily basis ...... And thanks for putting list together makes it more easier to pick up sponsor ,and if I do release date will be definetly sooner and lots more testing....
Old 06-16-2009, 11:19 AM
Burning Brakes

And for anyone contemplating of totally making the Tl not luxury anymore , as far as comfort it hasn't when cruising u can't even tell car has a kit on it drives smooth no bugging no breaking up & no hecups idles smooth , it's just that look on your passengers face when they look over and c 90 mph on speedometer in a 45 it's that smooth .... I've given a few ride in car and it's all the same the car drives like stock still except fir when that boost kicks in u find your self glued to seats ..
Old 06-16-2009, 11:28 AM
MY KBP IS BTR THN URS...

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
All stock components is in tact except battery relocation to trunk , fans were removed, as of yet were debating on keeping stock fans , which in return would lower cost and keep install simple .. Which will be tested please rest assure this kit will be tested to the fullest before release ......striving for reliabilty .....I'm currently running a hks super sequential version 2 blowoff valve... Options for blow off valve shount be a problem .....and as far as exhaust goes I'm running a 3" exhaust of turbo to y which then goes 2.5 to magnaflow dual mufflers tipless... Wouldn't recommend a stock exhaust but as far as atlp greedy ect would be fine ., correct me if I'm wrong.....

I thought the ideal situation would be to run all the same size diameter exhaust?
Old 06-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Should almost start a different thread for this list. I was close to starting one a few days ago, but I figured it would interfere with the purpose of this thread, which is to build, test, discuss issues and stuff about the kit.

This list will hit 100 in no time. Yet 10% will actually buy the kit.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 392 Likes on 202 Posts
Originally Posted by Maharajamd
Should almost start a different thread for this list. I was close to starting one a few days ago, but I figured it would interfere with the purpose of this thread, which is to build, test, discuss issues and stuff about the kit.

This list will hit 100 in no time. Yet 10% will actually buy the kit.
shut ur pie hole
Old 06-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Safety Car

for a 200whp increase if its around the same price or a lil more than comptechs junk im sure more than 10% would go for it. especially those who have had the sc break soemthing
Old 06-16-2009, 01:39 PM
Race Director

Hey just saying. I don't want to come here to look at the list, I want to come here for TL turbo knowledge.

Edit: Ok maybe they will, I just threw that out there from previous "group buy" type thread results.

Last edited by maharajamd; 06-16-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Safety Car

yea ur right if the list is gonna start it should be done in another thread. he said its not coming out for another 6-8months y would the list start now??
Old 06-16-2009, 02:05 PM
Safety Car

hahahahaha.... herbs
Old 06-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Instructor

Read the title of the tread
Old 06-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Race Director

Read the title of the tread
Point taken OP. It's just obviously this thread has taken a different turn then what you probably had in mind initially.

At any rate, count me in!
Old 06-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
I will try my best. I'm flying to Montreal next week and would be there for a week and coming back to Atlanta on the second. By the way Canadian friends, any of you needing anything from the States, let me know. And where would you recommend for a good rental car. This is my first trip there so any advise.

Montreal? MONTREAL?! Sweet.
Hahah.
When exactly are you coming down? I just got back to Montreal yesterday night [my family lives here]. I think I may leave when you come, boo.

Also what kind of car do you hope to rent? High end? Regular?

Two years ago my friend's uncle opened up a High-End car rental company... Not sure if it's still opened.
If you're looking for a regular car there is always "Enterprise".
Old 06-16-2009, 04:09 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Maharajamd
Hey just saying. I don't want to come here to look at the list, I want to come here for TL turbo knowledge.

Edit: Ok maybe they will, I just threw that out there from previous "group buy" type thread results.
I agree. I think this should stay technically oriented.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:33 PM
Instructor

Smile

The knowledge master has spoken, but as the title stated, we're trying also to get a count on how many people will be interested but also their time frame. If 10 kits were to be available in 2 months, who would get them first. We are still testing and the way we are both driving our cars, we really doubt that if they do pass our tests, that someone else should brake their. We both are very aggressive drivers and always like to test the limit.
Let see how many more would sign up and if by the end of the night if goes over what we went, we will start a new tread. Promise.

Originally Posted by I hate cars
I agree. I think this should stay technically oriented.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:57 PM
Team Owner

The knowledge master has spoken, but as the title stated, we're trying also to get a count on how many people will be interested but also their time frame. If 10 kits were to be available in 2 months, who would get them first. We are still testing and the way we are both driving our cars, we really doubt that if they do pass our tests, that someone else should brake their. We both are very aggressive drivers and always like to test the limit.
Let see how many more would sign up and if by the end of the night if goes over what we went, we will start a new tread. Promise.
You and Pass are the masters of this thread. I'm just the cheerleader on the side lol.

Glad to see it's still holding up with aggressive driving and I'm looking forward to updates.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:00 PM
E55>>>TLS

Well I'd like to know the final cost of the kit and obviously I'm interested but I'm going to wait and see if it'll work on the TLS and especially want to know how much boost the 5AT will take.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
I'm definitely going to get this.. but not putting my name on the first batch, because I want to play it safe since this is my Daily Driver.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a dumb question.

Is the J32 in the pass427 car the same as mine in my 03 TL-S? i think it is. not sure. though

Quick Reply: Turbo Kit for Acura TL '04-'08