Any Dallas area meets? - July 22 (Thread Retired)

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2002, 10:32 AM
2ManyMiles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by civic4982
can I have your stock road lamps? I realyl like them...
I'm planning on keeping all stock parts in case the next buyer wants to have them put back on. Otherwise, I'd love to get them out of my garage. Sorry man.

Later
Old 11-06-2002, 10:39 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awww... ok i guess I'll have to go buy some at the dealership then... I'm proly gonna put real yellow fogs in place of them though... the road lamp covers just give it a finished look (fog light assemblie rigged on don't look good)
Old 11-06-2002, 11:45 AM
SHIFT_god

Ok, I wanted to post here first, but i'll post in the Texas thread as well, but my buddy has a good friend at Horsepower Store. He's not %100 sure, but if we can GUARANTEE at least 15 cars, then we might be able to get 3 pulls for $40. I told him that we already have a place in arlington for $45 for 2 or 3 pulls.

From the list on the other thread, we have 10 people for sure for dyno day. He has 5 or 6 cars for track night, and for sure 3 for dyno day. The maxima guys haven't given me a for sure on the Dyno Day, so i'm going to post there next.

Let me know if anyone else is in so that we can get another $5. To a college student, $5 goes a long way .

CasperTL
Old 11-06-2002, 05:09 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Originally posted by CasperTL

Let me know if anyone else is in so that we can get another $5. To a college student, $5 goes a long way .

Old 11-06-2002, 05:10 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

damn double posted... edited though...
Old 11-06-2002, 06:35 PM
Still trolling

Holy shit, I took out my front right shock and upper A frame (to replace the camber kit with the factory pivot mounts) in 45 minutes. Compressed the Intrax spring, and took it off the shock. All was good.....until I had to compress the factory spring from full extension to fit on the shock!!!!! If anyone tries this, be sure to compress as many coils as possible. I compressed 3/4's of the coils and it still wasn't enough. And to top it off, after I was worn out turing the spring compressors, they were too close to the spring to get the shock cap back on!!! I ended up taking it to the guys who put them on originally, and had him use his floor standing spring compressor. He did it in 5 minutes.

I also did this by myself. Definitly a two person job. The reason you need a second person is to push on the wheel assembly to get the shock out, and back in. Takes some wiggling of the assembly to get the bolts to line up etc. I was able to do it myself, but I was pretzeled all in the fender to push on things and get bolts worked in or out.

I am going to have the shop do the rest of them since he is going to do it in exchange for some PC work. If you guys want to do this, have two people and a good spring compressor or an impact wrench for the standard compressors from Autozone. That's the biggest issue, cranking on that damn spring compressor

Just judging the one wheel, it looks good. There isn't enough difference in fender gap to have sacraficed the ride from the factory.

Danny, I hate asking for help as you can see (but thanks so much, and let me know if you want help with yours since I have the socket set and jack stands now)
Old 11-06-2002, 08:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn, I kinda wanted to help. I like working on cars cause I like to learn how to do the stuff my self. Don't worry about asking for help next time, I wouldn't offer if I didn't mean it. Oh well, I'm glad you got your car back to the condition you wanted.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:49 PM
Suzuka Master

I ordered the PIAA package tonite. Everything but the reverse lights, I never see those so I figured it wouldn't matter if I changed them. They should be here next week so I'll have them in b4 the meet. Also, my springs got shipped today instead of Mon. (Zapata's been busy) so those will be going on next week.
Old 11-06-2002, 10:57 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Ahhh! Chris is back to stock!

All that matters is that yer happy though.
Still gonna race with us on the 22nd?
Old 11-06-2002, 11:16 PM
Still trolling

Oh yeah, we will be there (wifey too). I'll be happy when I get there cause I didn't bottom out on the way

Actually, I am not back to stock height yet. Only one wheel is done. I am going to let the shop do the rest tomorrow since I don't have a impact wrench or large spring compressor. Compressing the factory springs down enough to get the shock cap back on is a bitch. I was just going to keep bringing him the shocks and have him swap the springs for me, but he offered to do it so if it's free, then who cares. He was going to trade me those intrax for the prokit, but I decided I will wait a little while and go air. Then I can put it to any height I need (or want).

Ah....my next investment....air ride
Old 11-07-2002, 07:27 AM
SHIFT_god

HEY! I have an impact wrench and TWO air compressors. A buddy of mine is buying TRD (TuRD ) springs for his celica and we're taking it to my Allen house to work on it. If anyone wants to borrow the gun, I really don't mind. During the week usually isn't good for me seeing as I live in Dallas but I'm always up for working on ANY car on Fridays and the weekends. Just an FYI for future reference. I'm thinking that dropping my Maxima SUV is the next move. My GT buddies always laugh and ask if we can go 4 wheelin in my car . Oh well....
Old 11-07-2002, 09:29 PM
5th Gear

Just unveiled at SEMA this past week!
Old 11-07-2002, 09:34 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

wow... maybe I should wait for Jackson Racing to come out with stuff for us CLSers...
Old 11-07-2002, 10:58 PM
2ManyMiles

Before and After

Took some pix, and will be posting them linked full-sized in the gallery, but here's my before (just tires) and after (all in my sig).
Old 11-07-2002, 10:59 PM
2ManyMiles

after mods pic

and the after shot...
Old 11-07-2002, 11:16 PM
Lead Footed

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Long time no talk

Originally posted by DeezNutz
Hey guys, it's been a bit of time since I've chimed in on this thread, so I thought I'd say hello while I had a second.

RUF, how's the shoulder? I can't believe how long it's taking to get some info on the Ice Box. I get the feeling it's gonna be a "We determined it wasn't a problem. You guys still want them?" reply from Dean. I'm not knocking Dean at all, cuz he's cool.

Would you be interested in meeting up and doing the Ice Box upgrade to both our cars at the same time when they ship? I'm dropping my CL-S off tomorrow for the springs / sways / header / plugs work at CTC Motorsports. I couldn't wait on the Ice Box. I don't really have the resources available to do much stuff by myself down here. All my tools didn't make the move from Cincinnati, so I'd really appreciate any help doing the install.

Lata
Hey DZ,

I've been swamped with busy stuff and have not been checking the Thread.

Anyway, my shoulder is coming along nicely. I've got 95% plus motion and have start adding strength training to the stretching.
I should be in great shape for the races. I'm even feeking up to doing my own sways and maybe even springs here next weekend. Now I'm ready to start on my left side. :P

As for a get together to do the IceBox install, I would be interested. Next Saturday or Sunday sometime might work. ??

Ruf
Old 11-07-2002, 11:22 PM
Lead Footed

Yeah, I had the WDP part from asking when I first found this thread. I was jokingly asking what the WDP-II mod was. I haven't seen a reference to what they're actually doing.

I definitely wanna get the Ice Box installed with everyone. I'll monitor this thread closely when they ship.

Lata
- Basically, I've got 3 ideas floating in my head. One involves the intake, another the throttle body and another air flow to the Icebox. But I won't know what make sense until I see the IceBox.

You'll have to wait on the details for the other stuff. It'll be Dallas Acura Club Secret Sauce if it works out.

Ruf
Old 11-07-2002, 11:22 PM
2ManyMiles

RUF, we gotta get the Ice Box first! It sounds like there's quite a few of the DFW guys that will jump in on the install.

No comment on the modded ride?

Lata
Old 11-07-2002, 11:28 PM
Lead Footed

Originally posted by chrisbpickering
Well, I guess unless someone can convince me otherwise, I will probably go back to factory springs. I'll keep the wheels cause they are sweet, but the poor ride quality has to go. It's a shame someone doesn't make a drop spring set that rides the same as factory. For someone like me, I jsut want the lowered look, and maintain ride quality.

Hey Danny, you up for a 4 wheel spring swap and camber kit removal
Chris, I hate to say this, but your 225/40s are part of the ride quality issue. The less rubber between your wheels and the road, the harsher the ride. You might want to drop your air pressure to around 30-33 and see how it feels.

However, if you are getting that bouncy feeling, then it's the springs. Comptech designed theirs to start soft, but firm up quickly at a certain travel point. Not all springs have the same specs, even if they provide the same drop.

Ruf
Old 11-07-2002, 11:30 PM
Lead Footed

Originally posted by mantis23
Don't change it Chris... your ride is pimp. But if ride quality is more of an issue, then...naa, I can't even say that, keep it like it is bro!
Dittos - plus the ride will soften over time as the spings age. :P

Ruf
Old 11-07-2002, 11:37 PM
Lead Footed

Re: All smiles with my mods!

Hey DFW folks, I got my stuff put on today. Oh my God I had fun tonight! I can't wait to get that f*cking Ice Box!

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=85276
Yeehaaww! Lookit ol' DZ go! :P

I can't wait for mine.

So what did they charge you for the springs and sways?
And did your car come back with out scratches, especially wheel scratches.

Ruf
Old 11-07-2002, 11:40 PM
Lead Footed

Ok, I wanted to post here first, but i'll post in the Texas thread as well, but my buddy has a good friend at Horsepower Store. He's not %100 sure, but if we can GUARANTEE at least 15 cars, then we might be able to get 3 pulls for $40. I told him that we already have a place in arlington for $45 for 2 or 3 pulls.

From the list on the other thread, we have 10 people for sure for dyno day. He has 5 or 6 cars for track night, and for sure 3 for dyno day. The maxima guys haven't given me a for sure on the Dyno Day, so i'm going to post there next.

CasperTL
Hey Casper, how about 10 for $45?? Just wondering in case of no shows?

Ruf
Old 11-07-2002, 11:44 PM
Lead Footed

Originally posted by chrisbpickering
I ended up taking it to the guys who put them on originally, and had him use his floor standing spring compressor. He did it in 5 minutes.

I am going to have the shop do the rest of them since he is going to do it in exchange for some PC work. If you guys want to do this, have two people and a good spring compressor or an impact wrench for the standard compressors from Autozone. That's the biggest issue, cranking on that damn spring compressor
Chris,, am I correct in understanding that you can remove the strut assembly and take it to a place and have them compress and install your new springs?

How much does that save? Seeing it takes them less than 30 minutes to do 4 wheels that way?

Ruf
Old 11-07-2002, 11:45 PM
Lead Footed

Originally posted by RUF87
Chris,, am I correct in understanding that you can remove the strut assembly and take it to a place and have them compress and install your new springs?

How much does that save? Seeing it takes them less than 30 minutes to do 4 wheels that way?

Ruf
Never mind. I should just go to sleep now. :P

You need to be able to compress them some just to get them off don't you. :P

Ruf
Old 11-08-2002, 12:05 AM
2ManyMiles

Re: Re: All smiles with my mods!

Yeehaaww! Lookit ol' DZ go! :P

I can't wait for mine.

So what did they charge you for the springs and sways?
And did your car come back with out scratches, especially wheel scratches.

Ruf
They charged me $400 to install the springs, sways, and headers -- and the plugs, but that was free. I gotta consider that a pretty focking good deal.

No problems at all with their work. No marks on the rims that I could find. They did *forget* to put the back seat in when I picked it up, but they fixed that problem for me free of charge.

My power was reset when I got it. I guess they disconnect the battery when they swapped the header. Don't tell Scalbert, but I'm glad the ECU was reset. Just in case it helps the tuning loop somehow.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:42 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

wow the CT drop looks much lower on CLs than on TLs... don't know why either..
Old 11-08-2002, 07:43 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

damnit I think I'm gonna sell my nitrous by xmas and get some headers/sways/icebox once I get to work this winter after school is out...
Old 11-08-2002, 07:44 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

is anyone using those DENSO plugs in here yet?
Old 11-08-2002, 07:47 AM
2ManyMiles

Nope. The $$$ was too high, so I picked the NGK's. The problem with having mods installed in bunches is you can't tell what's doing what exactly, so I can't say how I like them.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:53 AM
Still trolling

Ruf
Yeah, I took it to the Drop Zone and they can compress the old spring and take it off and put the new one on. If you are going back to factory springs, this is highly recommended considering how much they have to be compressed from a fully uncompressed mode. THe factory springs are easy to compress if they are on the shock already, they are already compressed being on the shock. Then the drop springs don't need much compression since they are shorter.

If I was taking the factory ones off and putting the aftermarket ones on, I wouldn't have needed them to do it.

I don't know how much they would charge for that (doing it either way) but it may be worth it to some. You may want to just call around to some suspension shops in your area and ask if you brought them shocks with the springs on them and the new springs can they swap the springs and for how much. You might be able to get that done for 10 bucks a spring, but to me thats better than that shitty spring compress we would have to use (trust me, I tries).
Old 11-08-2002, 08:13 AM
Lead Footed

HEY! I have an impact wrench and TWO air compressors. A buddy of mine is buying TRD (TuRD ) springs for his celica and we're taking it to my Allen house to work on it. If anyone wants to borrow the gun, I really don't mind. During the week usually isn't good for me seeing as I live in Dallas but I'm always up for working on ANY car on Fridays and the weekends. Just an FYI for future reference. I'm thinking that dropping my Maxima SUV is the next move. My GT buddies always laugh and ask if we can go 4 wheelin in my car . Oh well....
Hey, we could "spring" on over to Casper's, "sway" to some tunes, put a few cold ones in the "Icebox", sort of our own "Hot Impact Nights in Allen".

Ruf
Old 11-08-2002, 08:57 AM
SHIFT_god

Hey, we could "spring" on over to Casper's, "sway" to some tunes, put a few cold ones in the "Icebox", sort of our own "Hot Impact Nights in Allen".

Ruf

I'm game!
Old 11-08-2002, 10:21 AM
Random Flasher!

are we still on for the 23rd is it?? What about the dyno?? I dont think im gonna have my exhaust by then
Old 11-08-2002, 10:26 AM
SHIFT_god

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=82798
Old 11-08-2002, 12:34 PM
Suzuka Master

yeah Hanzie, 22nd track night, 23rd dyno day. Although I don't think a dyno shop has been finalized.
Old 11-08-2002, 12:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Nice ride Nutz, mine will look like that in about a week. I think the lower grille would look better if you painted the plastic silver, but it's still nice.
Old 11-08-2002, 12:47 PM
SHIFT_god

Originally posted by danny25
Nice ride Nutz, mine will look like that in about a week. I think the lower grille would look better if you painted the plastic silver, but it's still nice.
Gee, if you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have even noticed. Hahaha... it looks like the CL is smiling ( ). I agree paint that thing something to give it some sort of mean personality. Just don't paint teeth... hehe
Old 11-08-2002, 01:02 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I am, word has it that they only last about 30-40K miles.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:03 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Yeah, painintg it makes it look a lot better IMHO. I'll snap some pics of mine later.
Old 11-08-2002, 01:15 PM
2ManyMiles

Originally posted by mantis23
Yeah, painintg it makes it look a lot better IMHO. I'll snap some pics of mine later.
I saw pix of someone step-by-step painting their grill 2003-style. Was that yours?

Would it be too ricey if I superglued shark teeth on the air dam?

Quick Reply: Any Dallas area meets? - July 22 (Thread Retired)