Any Dallas area meets? - July 22 (Thread Retired)

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 12:14 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn... I'm having second thoughts about nitrous in my car... first off I have to take it into the dealersyhip and have them check my motor. I'm having some issues with a clicking noise whenever I start to ease onto the clutch and once the engine gets goign it clicks. My dad said he could hera it very well in the garage while I was rolling in this w/end. Anyways I'm not sure if it's a natural sound or not b/c I never noticed ti before this w/end. So no nitrous until the deaelrship can fix my car. Even after that I'm havign secnd thoughts b/c I dont' want to blow my warranty.damnit this sucks I want to go fast but warranty doesn't permit... hopefully this problem will be fixed and I'll find a way to install my nitrous for an easy uninstall if I have to take it in. Anybody have a stock airbox for me to buy off them so that I can replace mine which I'm goign to be drilling a hole into for the nitrous? I'm thinking of just going out to parts dept and buying the pipe from intake box to throttle body since that's the pipe I'll be putting a hole in. lemme know what you all think...
Old 11-03-2002, 12:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Long time no talk

Originally posted by DeezNutz
Would you be interested in meeting up and doing the Ice Box upgrade to both our cars at the same time when they ship?
I was going to meet up with Inferno to help install the Ice Box, and I think Ruf's coming too. If we do it on a Sat or Sun, we could probably knock out all 3 if you want to meet us too.
Old 11-03-2002, 12:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by mantis23
I finally got my car ack today. The sound quality in there is unbelieveable. I'm not an audiophile, but I think its sounds excellent.

It goes back in Monday for some lighting / finishing touches. I can't believe they got that kinda sound of the stock head unit.
I'll talk to David, again, about getting those components you need. It takes a lot of reminding for him to get things done.
Old 11-03-2002, 12:39 PM
Suzuka Master

DeezNutz, i think the WDP II mod is the mod Ruf and Inferno are working on. They both have White Diamond Pearl TLs. At least I think thats the name of that color, it fits anyway.
Old 11-03-2002, 01:00 PM
2ManyMiles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by danny25
DeezNutz, i think the WDP II mod is the mod Ruf and Inferno are working on. They both have White Diamond Pearl TLs. At least I think thats the name of that color, it fits anyway.
Yeah, I had the WDP part from asking when I first found this thread. I was jokingly asking what the WDP-II mod was. I haven't seen a reference to what they're actually doing.

I definitely wanna get the Ice Box installed with everyone. I'll monitor this thread closely when they ship.

Lata
Old 11-03-2002, 01:02 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

hey guys can you help me with this engine problem I'm having?

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=85008
Old 11-03-2002, 02:07 PM
Random Flasher!

Originally posted by civic4982
damn... I'm having second thoughts about nitrous in my car... first off I have to take it into the dealersyhip and have them check my motor. I'm having some issues with a clicking noise whenever I start to ease onto the clutch and once the engine gets goign it clicks. My dad said he could hera it very well in the garage while I was rolling in this w/end. Anyways I'm not sure if it's a natural sound or not b/c I never noticed ti before this w/end. So no nitrous until the deaelrship can fix my car. Even after that I'm havign secnd thoughts b/c I dont' want to blow my warranty.damnit this sucks I want to go fast but warranty doesn't permit... hopefully this problem will be fixed and I'll find a way to install my nitrous for an easy uninstall if I have to take it in. Anybody have a stock airbox for me to buy off them so that I can replace mine which I'm goign to be drilling a hole into for the nitrous? I'm thinking of just going out to parts dept and buying the pipe from intake box to throttle body since that's the pipe I'll be putting a hole in. lemme know what you all think...
I got a stock 01 airbox hehe that is for sale
Old 11-03-2002, 04:41 PM
Sign: Slippery When Wet

Sorry to take so long to get back. I have a 99 3.0CL. Just picked it up a couple months ago. Only cosmetic mods so for. Lots of plans though. Headers, Cat - Back, and drop it 1.7. I did put a K&N in the stock air box. Seemed to help but I want to put in CAI asap.
Ennis sounds like a hoot. I will try and make it.
Old 11-03-2002, 10:00 PM
Advanced

hey guys can you help me with this engine problem I'm having?

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=85008
Most folks sounded like they thought it was normal. We can all check it out against our rides at the track day. I haven't noticed such a noise from mine but then I don't have such a sweet ride like your 6 speed manual...all I have is a TL-S with headers and sticky tires! I guess we are even after all!!!

Seriously, Civic, I don't remember hearing it at all on Saturday. When, again, did you start hearing it?

Inferno
Old 11-03-2002, 10:02 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Bluesman
Sorry to take so long to get back. I have a 99 3.0CL. Just picked it up a couple months ago. Only cosmetic mods so for. Lots of plans though. Headers, Cat - Back, and drop it 1.7. I did put a K&N in the stock air box. Seemed to help but I want to put in CAI asap.
Ennis sounds like a hoot. I will try and make it.
What color is your ride? What springs are you looking at for that kind of drop, by the way?
Old 11-03-2002, 10:42 PM
Advanced

Re: PIAA 9006 for the 2002 TL-S Fog Lights

Originally posted by InfernoTLS
Here are the results of my research on the fog light upgrade for the '02 TL-S. It sounds like the PIAA Xtreme White at $60/pair is the way to go on the TL-S. The best price is from Options Auto Salon http://www.optauto.com/webstore/prod...t=352&last=352
Well, I have the PIAA Xtreme White 9006 bulbs on order.

Mantis, you are right, the CL-S and the TL-S do not share fog lights. These are the same bulbs as the low beam bulbs on the TL-S, but the stock one is much more yellow than this extreme white bulb. It should match the low beam very closely now--and be more useful than the stock fogs as a driving light.

RUF, you will need to check these out when they get here. I hope they look nice and crisp! We will see what gets here first: the ice box or the PIAA's.

Inferno
Old 11-04-2002, 01:32 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

really hanzie? 01 airbox? gimme gimme... I just need the piping actually.. not the box... how about I pick it up for $0 shipped?
Old 11-04-2002, 01:35 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

I started hearing it on friday afternoon... but it's natural, I checked on Austin519's TLS this evening when I got back to town. Listen for a ticking or chattering sound once the engine is totally warmed up. It will be near the firewall on the driver's side. Can't miss it. Very fast ticking/chattering sounds... I'm still taking it in on friday to have them listen to it and make sure everything is ok. Nitrous goes on soon so have to make sure.

oyeah, something funny. My dad (who knows nothing about cars) was out listening to the engine with me today and said "I was at firestone getting my alignment done and I think I found some new tires for you, they're call Potenza S03s" ... hehe I thoughti t was funny he knew what I wanted. he said "get your acceptance letter to med school and we'll get you some new tires, maybe even a new car to go with them..." (an M3 has been promised in the past, we'll see if I get in or not)
Old 11-04-2002, 10:37 AM
Suzuka Master

maybe even a new car to go with them..." (an M3 has been promised in the past, we'll see if I get in or not)
:sqntfawk: j/k. Don't forget about us when you get the bimmer, I'm gonna want a ride.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:48 AM
Still trolling

Hey guys, check it out:

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=85204
Old 11-05-2002, 10:58 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by chrisbpickering
Hey guys, check it out:

So does this mean you're giving up on the CL?
Old 11-05-2002, 10:59 AM
SHIFT_god

maybe I missed something, but are you getting rid of your CL?!?

nice rims though. If I had the money and if they fit I would so buy them from you
Old 11-05-2002, 11:02 AM
Still trolling

NOt getting rid of it, just going back to the stock stuff. At first I was so excited about how it looks, but now I am more concerned with other things. These items are better server with someone who would appreciate them.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:08 AM
SHIFT_god

man I was all like .

So you're in for the track night/dyno day right?!?
Old 11-05-2002, 03:28 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

what? it looks so good though... you sohuld keep the wheels/suspension setup
Old 11-05-2002, 05:20 PM
Suzuka Master

I agree with civic, that's one sweet 1st gen! Give it some more time to get used to it.

I guess this means you no longer need help with the shocks?
Old 11-05-2002, 06:02 PM
Advanced

Hey guys, check it out:

Bluesman just bought a 99 CL 3.0 (I think). I will PM this info to him. Are you sure you are not just experiencing buyers remorse? It looks good... Inferno
Old 11-05-2002, 06:35 PM
Still trolling

I dunno guys. I really want to keep it all, but it really comes down to the ride. There is such a derogation in ride from the factory springs that I am not impressed. I spend most of my time worrying about what is ahead as far as road quality goes. I think it looks bad ass, and I love drivening it from an asthetic and handeling standpoint, but humps (or even worse, a series of them) bury the tires into the fender well. Just recently the front end started squeaking. I am pretty sure it's the pivot mount camber kit. I think it's not greased enough, and squeaks when the upper A frame pivots. Speed bumkps have to be taken at a snails crawl. If I don't ease it down the other side @ <1 MPH, it hits the fender well inside from shear dropping.

I ordered the shocks, but I am not sure this will improve it that much (will it?). Is this as bad as it is due to my factory shocks? My back doesn't have any problems, but it also doesn't support the engine.

Danny, I think I may still install the shocks (I got to go buy tools, jack stands, and rent a spring compressor), so I may still need some help. I don't think it shouild be much work to do this. (Either way, you know I will be there to help you work on yours )

Maybe this is somewhat buyers remorse, but the ride quality isn't helping it You guys are right though, I should just get the front end right and it should be alright. If the shocks don't fix it, I don't know what to do. Maybe put the pro-kit in instead? Are they stiffer?
Old 11-05-2002, 07:03 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

nawww...it'll be just as stiff if not stiffer on aftermarket shocks... you'll never get the ride quality you will from factory springs/shock combo... I just scraped my front bumper yesterday... just teh bottom but still... it sucks and I know what you mean by loss in ride quality...

I don't mind the ride quality loss on my CT springs so I might suggest you try these... it doesn't look that lowered b ut much better from stock height... I think i'll eventually put my car back to stock height next summer or so... sucks to have to worry about road conditions all the time...
Old 11-05-2002, 07:11 PM
Still trolling

Well, I guess unless someone can convince me otherwise, I will probably go back to factory springs. I'll keep the wheels cause they are sweet, but the poor ride quality has to go. It's a shame someone doesn't make a drop spring set that rides the same as factory. For someone like me, I jsut want the lowered look, and maintain ride quality.

Hey Danny, you up for a 4 wheel spring swap and camber kit removal
Old 11-05-2002, 07:26 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

sorry chris, the only way to get same as factory is well...

factory...
Old 11-05-2002, 08:09 PM
Still trolling

Well the rougher ride doesn't bother me. The wheels hitting the inside iof the fender well because the spring and shock fully compressed on a hump, or coming off a speed bump too fast does. I'd like to think that the new shocks would give me a more stable ride over humps, speed bumps, etc. I drive to north Dallas and the airport from Arlington from time to time, and that's way to long a drive worrying about bottoming out
Old 11-05-2002, 09:14 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Don't change it Chris... your ride is pimp. But if ride quality is more of an issue, then...naa, I can't even say that, keep it like it is bro!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:25 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Jeff, where is your damn exhaust?
Old 11-05-2002, 10:37 PM
Advanced

OK, Chris, I am going to give you my opinion and it will cost you what it is worth: nothing! But free is good, right? Hang with me for the whole post, OK? I will make a point.

Also, if I bore you or it seems like I am preaching, just ignor me and move on to the next post...just don't flame me for speaking my mind!

Something made you want to do these upgrades. That something is what motivates you, what you derive your enjoyment from. That is what you need to define. It is different for each of us.

For me, I want to accomplish three main things: I want to be totally legit (no over the top tints, "racing only" headers, etc); I want to go fast (in a straight line and around the twisties); and I want to be able to drive folks in suits to see development sites that may not be totally finished. This was means I need to compromise on certain items to maximize all three areas. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts, right?

This means I could care less about a few minor details that would drive other folks nuts--I have some missing paint you can only see when you open the hood, for example, but I never saw it until RUF and Civic pointed it out (thanks, guys).

For others it is 1/4 miles speed or stereo quality or the look/style or autocross times or whatever. Some people also value what others think--is it accepted? Others would rather do something--anything--as long as it is different or avant garde or never been tried before.

Damn, I love to pontificate!

Whatever it is that motivates you should be the defining point with your car. The critical thing here is that you do what you are doing for a purpose. That purpose is defined by you and you are the judge of if you met your goals or need improvement. This is important in three respects: first, don't jump to something else (like different aftermarket parts or going back to factory parts) until you define your target and your criteria for success; second, don't base your values on what someone else might think: base it on what you value, which may be more complex than a single issue--I know I won't have the fastest 1/4 mile or the best handling or the classiest ride: but I will have the best combination of those that I can put together and afford (we all want an M3, we just don't all admit it!) and my car is a little different, but not too much different, that everyone elses--base them on your own goals and how well you met those goals; third, don't look at things as being finished--if you always accept that your car is a work in progress, it is always easier to accept where you are today and it gives you the challenge to make improvements tomorrow.

And 1.75" is a hell of a drop--no wonder it seems extreme. I like my 1.25": that extra half inch makes all the diffence in the world. You can't ask a 6" spring to feel like an 8" spring (no jokes, guys: 'nuff said).

All this is to say, you have a sweet ride but it doesn't matter what I think, so figure out what you really want and then go for it!

Inferno
Old 11-05-2002, 10:38 PM
Advanced

And yes, it was a long, long day a the office today...
Old 11-05-2002, 11:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Well, I guess unless someone can convince me otherwise, I will probably go back to factory springs. I'll keep the wheels cause they are sweet, but the poor ride quality has to go. It's a shame someone doesn't make a drop spring set that rides the same as factory. For someone like me, I jsut want the lowered look, and maintain ride quality.

Hey Danny, you up for a 4 wheel spring swap and camber kit removal
I'm glad you're at least going to keep the wheels, I don't know how you'd be able to go back with stock 16s after those wheels.

And sure, I'll give you a hand, just try to give me some advanced warning on when you want to do it.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:41 PM
Sign: Slippery When Wet

Chrisbpickering

After reading you post I don,t think I want to drop my car that much. The ride means a lot to me also and I drive all over the state so I can't be that concerned with what the next road might bring. I will look into the Comtech Springs. Thanks any way.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:16 AM
2ManyMiles

All smiles with my mods!

Hey DFW folks, I got my stuff put on today. Oh my God I had fun tonight! I can't wait to get that f*cking Ice Box!

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=85276
Old 11-06-2002, 12:26 AM
Still trolling

InfernoTLS, thanks, and your right. It's about balance. I love the way it looks, however the ride makes me uncomfortable. So I have to compramise. Keep the nice wheels and tires, but go back to factory suspension. This way I ahve nice wheels to set me apart and handle better, and maintain the ride I need for 70MPH drives down the 360, 20, and 30

Maybe down the road, I will try the pro-kit to see how it is in comparision. For know, back to factory Probably wouldn't be so bad if the car wasn't so heavy.
Old 11-06-2002, 12:27 AM
2ManyMiles

Oh yeah, good talk, Inferno. Very good points to consider when doing stuff to a $30k vehicle.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:19 AM
Advanced

Re: All smiles with my mods!

Hey DFW folks, I got my stuff put on today. Oh my God I had fun tonight! I can't wait to get that f*cking Ice Box!

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=85276
I know exactly how you feel. I couldn't agree more that changing to the headers is very noticable, CT springs look sweet, CT sways change the handling and balance so well, and new, sticky tires make all the difference.

Enjoy the feeling and see you at the track...
Old 11-06-2002, 07:24 AM
SHIFT_god

Maybe you guys have already covered this subject, but why on earth would you want to remove your fog lights. They can't be that heavy as to be a weight reduction and I always thought they looked good, so WTF?
Old 11-06-2002, 09:28 AM
2ManyMiles

Originally posted by CasperTL
Maybe you guys have already covered this subject, but why on earth would you want to remove your fog lights. They can't be that heavy as to be a weight reduction and I always thought they looked good, so WTF?
It's totally a personal taste thing for me. I hate the stock road lamps on the 2001, so when I first saw the 2003 with the all-blacked-out lower front (plus body paint), I ordered them ASAP. I considered replacing the yellow stock lamps with a white bulb / lens but prefer it all black. It's not a weight thing. I'm not *that* neurotic!
Old 11-06-2002, 10:27 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

It's totally a personal taste thing for me. I hate the stock road lamps on the 2001, so when I first saw the 2003 with the all-blacked-out lower front (plus body paint), I ordered them ASAP. I considered replacing the yellow stock lamps with a white bulb / lens but prefer it all black. It's not a weight thing. I'm not *that* neurotic!
can I have your stock road lamps? I realyl like them...

Quick Reply: Any Dallas area meets? - July 22 (Thread Retired)