Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 04:21 PM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by clee109
Why even fix that pos exhaust lol, all it does is give you grief. Pick up a quality exhaust like CT or Tanabe Then you wont have anymore problems.

BTW after getting out of your car and back into mine it felt like my exhaust was stock! Had to pop some alieve from my headache from your drone. LOL
no reason to waste the good piping.. atleast thats the only thing good about it.. and it has to be loud to be fast otherwise your just standing still =) hopefully in a few years ill have an arc or tig welder to do a custom titanium exhaust =)~

Originally Posted by Rapture
yeah I got my stereo stuff a couple days ago. After seeing the sheer amount of wiring harnesses and adapters, I'm considering taking it to Stereo King or something and having them do everything... I haven't even tried to do it myself, but I'm already feeling a bit overwhelmed
zip ties and call it a day =)
Old 06-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Safety Car

Received 214 Likes on 143 Posts
Wow, word of advice to everyone: Mor furniture sucks. If you ever buy from them, make damn sure they have the furniture in stock, and can deliver it as soon as possible. I bought a bunch of furniture, including an entertainment center and a TV mount. In short, my TV Mount arrived before my ent. center. of course they're not going to deliver the mount before the ent. center, since it'd be like having a car with no wheels. I told them go ahead and wait until the ent. center arrives, then deliver both in one trip.

A couple weeks later I call them about the entertainment center, and they tell me "Your entertainment center is in, we're just waiting on your TV Mount." So my mount was in stock... and now it's not? I asked them about it, saying "I was told it arrived a couple weeks ago. What happened to that?" to which they replied with "Uhh... well we don't have it." Yeah, good answer buddy. I'm pretty certain what happened is my mount DID arrive in stock, but since they obviously couldn't deliver it right away, they gave my mount to someone else who ordered one, and backordered me another one!

Funny thing is that when I told them of what I was suspecting, they had no answer. Not even a "We would never do that!"

So moral of the story: If you buy from Mor, make sure it's all in stock before you fork over your cash. I've been waiting almost 5 weeks for the rest of my order, and from what they're telling me NOW, it's going to take another 2.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:35 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wussup guys im trying to sell 02-03 tl oem front lip and wings west full lip kit

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/2431002513.html
Old 06-12-2011, 11:02 AM
WTF?

Wow, word of advice to everyone: Mor furniture sucks. If you ever buy from them, make damn sure they have the furniture in stock, and can deliver it as soon as possible. I bought a bunch of furniture, including an entertainment center and a TV mount. In short, my TV Mount arrived before my ent. center. of course they're not going to deliver the mount before the ent. center, since it'd be like having a car with no wheels. I told them go ahead and wait until the ent. center arrives, then deliver both in one trip.

A couple weeks later I call them about the entertainment center, and they tell me "Your entertainment center is in, we're just waiting on your TV Mount." So my mount was in stock... and now it's not? I asked them about it, saying "I was told it arrived a couple weeks ago. What happened to that?" to which they replied with "Uhh... well we don't have it." Yeah, good answer buddy. I'm pretty certain what happened is my mount DID arrive in stock, but since they obviously couldn't deliver it right away, they gave my mount to someone else who ordered one, and backordered me another one!

Funny thing is that when I told them of what I was suspecting, they had no answer. Not even a "We would never do that!"

So moral of the story: If you buy from Mor, make sure it's all in stock before you fork over your cash. I've been waiting almost 5 weeks for the rest of my order, and from what they're telling me NOW, it's going to take another 2.
sounds like my JR furniture story.. only thing is when i said we are going to come back and get our money they some how had everything in stock (after waiting a month)except some of the peices they gave us were floor models.. FAWKERS!!! furniture wasnt that great either.. next time im going high end.. and now that i have a truck im picking it up same day none of this delivery shit
Old 06-12-2011, 04:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
sounds like my JR furniture story.. only thing is when i said we are going to come back and get our money they some how had everything in stock (after waiting a month)except some of the peices they gave us were floor models.. FAWKERS!!! furniture wasnt that great either.. next time im going high end.. and now that i have a truck im picking it up same day none of this delivery shit
Tripple wow. Same story here with floor models delivered as new, only it was Ashley. I think that they are all running on a shoe string budget with the smallest warehouse possible (low inventory reduces costs) because they are all on the verge of bankrupcy.
However I did have a good experience at Lazy Boy. Nice product, great staff, resonable waiting period for custom work. I'd give them my business again, but it will not be for another 15 years. After five years of piece-by-peice furniture buying we finally have everything we need.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey Brandon,
I finally found that RDX turbo commercial, here is the link:
http://www.acura.com/VideoGallery.as...om=fb#/video16
Old 06-13-2011, 09:07 AM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
heading to Coeur D'Alene, Idaho today. Woo hoo for 6+ hour road trip with kids! meh. Once we get there it'll be nice lol.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:00 AM
WTF?

Originally Posted by Mr Marco
Hey Brandon,
I finally found that RDX turbo commercial, here is the link:
http://www.acura.com/VideoGallery.as...om=fb#/video16
i like that i can see how the exhaust really looks on the RDX..

we went and looked at another RDX yesterday.. love the color (grey/silver similar to mine but not as much blue to it) but it just had too many little things wrong with it again.. far better then the 2010 we saw but still too many other little things.. (too many to list) I feel we are getting closer though =)

quick question for you.. in the back footing area near the right rear back seat and the left rear back seat we noticed that it had some slits the the carpet (looked factory done) do you know what those are for?? and with the matts cover them up??

heading to Coeur D'Alene, Idaho today. Woo hoo for 6+ hour road trip with kids! meh. Once we get there it'll be nice lol.
adding miles to the family wagon huh?? did you add a dvd player to have them watch cartoon movies?? that should keep them quiet for alittle bit =)
Old 06-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Suzuka Master

i like that i can see how the exhaust really looks on the RDX..

we went and looked at another RDX yesterday.. love the color (grey/silver similar to mine but not as much blue to it) but it just had too many little things wrong with it again.. far better then the 2010 we saw but still too many other little things.. (too many to list) I feel we are getting closer though =)

quick question for you.. in the back footing area near the right rear back seat and the left rear back seat we noticed that it had some slits the the carpet (looked factory done) do you know what those are for?? and with the matts cover them up??
There are so many "little things wrong" with my RDX that I just gave up on worrying about it. We abused it too early in its life. I'll never forget the first scratch, because I did it myself with the lawnmower.
I had to go out and take a look at the carpet in the back. I never noticed the slots in it. I have no idea what those are for. Maybe it makes the installation process easier (although they do not run all the way to the seat track). The mat covers the entire rear portion of the carpet so that you would never see it anyhow.
I got a call the other day from the dealer (RTA) asking me if I wanted to trade it in on a new one. They said that they would offer me top dollar. Here's how I think that would go...
So I trade it back to them for $20k, they turn around and sell it for $25k and I get a new RDX, MDX, ZDX or whatever. They make $6k off me and I have another $600 per mo. payment to make. I don't think so.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Thread killer//

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
whoa haven't been here for awhile, whats up with the points and activity bars? why lol
Old 06-13-2011, 02:33 PM
WTF?

There are so many "little things wrong" with my RDX that I just gave up on worrying about it. We abused it too early in its life. I'll never forget the first scratch, because I did it myself with the lawnmower.
I had to go out and take a look at the carpet in the back. I never noticed the slots in it. I have no idea what those are for. Maybe it makes the installation process easier (although they do not run all the way to the seat track). The mat covers the entire rear portion of the carpet so that you would never see it anyhow.
I got a call the other day from the dealer (RTA) asking me if I wanted to trade it in on a new one. They said that they would offer me top dollar. Here's how I think that would go...
So I trade it back to them for $20k, they turn around and sell it for $25k and I get a new RDX, MDX, ZDX or whatever. They make $6k off me and I have another $600 per mo. payment to make. I don't think so.
ya 600$ payments dont sound good...

we dont expect a perfect vehicle but i still expect something atleast up to par like my 05 tsx.. i know its imperfections but they are all manageable..
i shouldnt see a a spoiler on a vehicle that was half painted with touch up paint nor the interior seating having melted marks, or the cup holder cover spring broken or the foot rest cover for the driver busted off. parts near the door that looked like some fat ass kept slamming the door with seat belt buckle part hanging out,

really im just sick of seeing horrible imperfections that could of probably either been fixed by the dealer or the owner and yet all we get is.. excuse after excuse on its cosmetic or these are flying out the door scratched up and all.. and im thinking to myself Really?!?!?! i might as well save up another 3 or 4K and buy brand new cause with the way the used vehicles are looking and the jacked up used car market its just pure shit out there

Originally Posted by saersxlr8
whoa haven't been here for awhile, whats up with the points and activity bars? why lol
welcome back! i guess the bars are to manage how often you are in the site.. Big Brother is watching you =)
Old 06-13-2011, 04:53 PM
Suzuka Master

How is it he has more points than us??? Did I use the F-bomb to many times?
Old 06-13-2011, 05:34 PM
CDM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Sooo.. Whens the next meet?
Old 06-13-2011, 05:41 PM
WTF?

How is it he has more points than us??? Did I use the F-bomb to many times?
i have no clue.. maybe since hes been a member since 2003 they gave him more points for that.. ask a MOD

Originally Posted by Tyrone503
Sooo.. Whens the next meet?
i know that peeps from cali are coming up July 6th and wanted to hang but im not able to that week.. i know a few others cant that week either so who knows.. im still thinking later july just dont know when.. and honestly i really dont want to put the effort to arrange one =) everytime i do only 3 or 4 people show up.. would like to see a big summer meet up where we get 10+ but its hard to do with everyones odd schedules
Old 06-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by saersxlr8
I just did some looking around and couldn't find a single thread (or post) that explained what the hell these bars are for.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:48 PM
Thread killer//

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have no clue.. maybe since hes been a member since 2003 they gave him more points for that.. ask a MOD
i HAVE been here since 03 but that was when i had and 03 cl-s.. left for a couple years and started lookin around not too long ago when i took over payments on the tl... maybe it IS because i've been here awhile but i dont come on here often lol

I just did some looking around and couldn't find a single thread (or post) that explained what the hell these bars are for.
weird, i wonder what we get? lol. something fun with this site i guess...
Old 06-13-2011, 10:41 PM
I Quit

We took the TSX and yes we did bring a portable DVD player lol. It only holds the oldest over for a few hours lol
Old 06-13-2011, 11:57 PM
CDM

I'd be pretty grateful if you created an event Blue, I'd come for sure.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:12 AM
I Quit

You said that last time lol and bailed due to lack of transportation. You'd have to swear to attend on a stack of trimet bus stubs lol
Old 06-14-2011, 10:27 AM
WTF?

^ haha
Old 06-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Well, I stayed home speed-watching "daddy does the babysitter", so I really have no good excuse for not attending either.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:03 PM
WTF?

someone else start up a meet later in july i will show up (if its not too far) honestly ill be uber busy till october but i can spare 2 hours of my life =) make it at a burger place so i can get food too!!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:19 PM
WTF?

marco.. you gonna drop 800 on that down pipe setup? haha i could make one for 250 with all the parts heck im sure you could go to eds muffler on a non busy day and they would do it for 350.. i about laughed and crapped my pants at the same time when i saw that price for a downpipe..
Old 06-15-2011, 12:24 AM
CDM

I was going to, until my car needed some unexpected maintenance! ... But If you wont do it Blue, I'll try to set it up, but I can't bring food or anything :l Just my car. :o
Old 06-15-2011, 10:24 AM
WTF?

^ no need to bring food if its near a place that has it =) could always do the wilsonville sonic.. or something like that
Old 06-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Traded in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bleh, got my recall notice for the airbag in my CL. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to inspect/replace it? From the looks of the recall notice, it sounds like it only affects cars that have had their airbag replaced. I doubt my car has had that (didn't see anything about an accident or anything on the AutoCheck I got when I bought the car) so my bet is that they're just gonna inspect it, and see it needs no work done, and let me be on my way. However of course I'm unsure, so they could end up replacing it. Anyone know how long it takes for them to replace it? The recall notice says "plan on leaving your car for half a day" but I figured dealers don't like doing recall work, so they'll get it done and out as fast as possible.
Hmm..I wonder why its taken so long for you to get yours. I got mine last year. I took it to RT and they had mine for 3 days or so. They inspect and if they need to replace, they order parts, hence the days my car spent there. But I did get to drive a nice 2010 TSX Tech while they had my car so I wasn't complaining..lol
Old 06-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Traded in my

Got my car back yesterday and it looks pretty good. Needed a new muffler on the right side, absorber and bumper so it ended up taking some time. I hate how hard the flake is to match cause I can tell the difference but other people wouldn't really notice. And with the new paint, I see that I need to polish the car. Anyone got any tips to get a really good gloss outta the older paint? I am planning on claying first since its been a while then I was gonna try the NuFinish polish
Old 06-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Suzuka Master

marco.. you gonna drop 800 on that down pipe setup? haha i could make one for 250 with all the parts heck im sure you could go to eds muffler on a non busy day and they would do it for 350.. i about laughed and crapped my pants at the same time when i saw that price for a downpipe..
That whole thread had me smelling a rat. You can tell when there is some bullshit happening because the OP gets really defensive when you call them on it. Although I think there might be some real gains made from R&R'n that convoluted pipe, I'm not willing to put all that effort and money into an SUV. If this motor was in a TSX, like it should have been, I'd have already blown too much money on it.
I still want the Hondata flash, but I'm tinting the windows first.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:29 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by '02_TL-S
Got my car back yesterday and it looks pretty good. Needed a new muffler on the right side, absorber and bumper so it ended up taking some time. I hate how hard the flake is to match cause I can tell the difference but other people wouldn't really notice. And with the new paint, I see that I need to polish the car. Anyone got any tips to get a really good gloss outta the older paint? I am planning on claying first since its been a while then I was gonna try the NuFinish polish
do the 5 step process..

clay

buffing compound on my buffer i do speed 14

buffing cleaner - speed 13

polish - speed 12

wax (synthetic) - speed 10

and im gleaming after that..

That whole thread had me smelling a rat. You can tell when there is some bullshit happening because the OP gets really defensive when you call them on it. Although I think there might be some real gains made from R&R'n that convoluted pipe, I'm not willing to put all that effort and money into an SUV. If this motor was in a TSX, like it should have been, I'd have already blown too much money on it.
I still want the Hondata flash, but I'm tinting the windows first.
ya i wasnt sure if i was the only one who saw that or not.. but i concur.. plus if Marcus (at heeltoe) says hes going to do something he will on the TSX club site he has always delivered with no complaints.. so I am not sure what they are saying about them waiting forever to get done and that craftmanship might not be up to parr.. all i can say is i looked up piping connectors on line which total was 130 then i looked up the piping depending on which way you do it would be another 130.. so 260 total for materials.. and there is no way man hours should cost another 600$

i dont know i cant wrap my head around it.. all i know is im making one myself if heeltoe hasnt by then and cutting the middle man.. =)
Old 06-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Advanced

Wassup guys, havent been on these boards for a while now. I usually check the other forum. Anyhow, i have been busy with a new toy i got a little bit back.

09 ruckus. My in town cruiser lol.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:47 PM
WTF?

^ looks good =) any plans for it? fat tire kit would make a nice compliment.. or get a gy6 =)
Old 06-15-2011, 03:19 PM
CDM

I was thinking July 30th, it's a Saturday?
Old 06-15-2011, 03:33 PM
WTF?

^ ill be gone then.. 23rd im good with or Aug 6th other people might like the 30th though
Old 06-15-2011, 04:42 PM
CDM

23rd I'm also good with, Birthday is on 26th so I got time off work.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I Quit

I need a ruckus!

I might be at the beach on the 23rd
Old 06-16-2011, 02:27 AM
Advanced

^ looks good =) any plans for it? fat tire kit would make a nice compliment.. or get a gy6 =)

No plans yet, Although it does have Pwjdm drag bars/neck, motor ext. kit, lower seat frame, and few small trinkets. I'll ride it as is with maybe a new variator to get a higher top speed (45ish rite now). Still need to get a small tach on it for tunning purposes. Not sure about swapping gy6 or not yet.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:05 PM
WTF?

I need a ruckus!

I might be at the beach on the 23rd
which beach you going to?
Old 06-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Traded in my

do the 5 step process..

clay

buffing compound on my buffer i do speed 14

buffing cleaner - speed 13

polish - speed 12

wax (synthetic) - speed 10

and im gleaming after that..
I need a buffer.....
The paint still shines but I want it to look like new so I might just have to chip out a few bucks and finally get one. I do wanna get rid of some of the small swirlies from hand waxing and have a pretty good compound to do it..just need the time.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:32 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by '02_TL-S
I need a buffer.....
The paint still shines but I want it to look like new so I might just have to chip out a few bucks and finally get one. I do wanna get rid of some of the small swirlies from hand waxing and have a pretty good compound to do it..just need the time.
as long as youre careful a buffer its the greatest thing ever.. i got mine at harbor freight 2 years ago and still running great.. i think it was 20 bucks.. for a 7inch wheel.. make sure to get good pads for it.. for the buffing compound i would suggest a wool then the buffing cleaner the white cloth style and the polish and wax the blue micro fiber ones (all at harbor freight) paid 45 total i think for everything at the time..

EDIT: price was off on the polisher... it was 50 and i had a 20% off coupon.. you can find them in magazines or there mailer here is the link to the one i got

http://www.harborfreight.com/7-inch-...her-66615.html

Last edited by bluecarbonfiber; 06-16-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:12 PM
WTF?

anyone been to a dealer auction.. or know anything about it? trying to gauge how much a 2010 RDX would be sold for at one

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!