Northwest Alaska, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota & Washington State

All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 10:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
Ok, I think it's about time I can say it now.

I asked because 5 days ago, my Mugen Visors got jacked at 24 hr fitness on Washington Street. They stole my two front visors and my alarm went off. I guess they took off after my alarm went off because I still have my two rears. This was not an issue last year where I would take my TSX to the same 24 hr fitness and nothing ever arise. I've been taking my brother's car now instead of mine.

I guess it's just bad luck because I've had these visors for over a year now and two days into Portland they got jacked.
That's nerve racking, Cant believe someone would have the balls to do that
Old 07-10-2011, 11:10 AM
WTF?

Received 243 Likes on 230 Posts
Ok, I think it's about time I can say it now.

I asked because 5 days ago, my Mugen Visors got jacked at 24 hr fitness on Washington Street. They stole my two front visors and my alarm went off. I guess they took off after my alarm went off because I still have my two rears. This was not an issue last year where I would take my TSX to the same 24 hr fitness and nothing ever arise. I've been taking my brother's car now instead of mine.

I guess it's just bad luck because I've had these visors for over a year now and two days into Portland they got jacked.
holy crap man!! its gotta be someone with a tsx too wouldnt think that our car has lowered itself to theives but i guess its starting =(

odd enough ive been thinking of getting the same visors for my car but now i think i might get the mugen (style) ones from ebay and save a hundred and the headache.. dont the mugen ones have clips?? did they just break those?
Old 07-10-2011, 12:33 PM
I Quit

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts
Brandon-
Yep Raamat, Min had it in one of his cars, might be his 240, dunno. Guy use to make it in St. Helens, I think Min actually went up and picked it up personally but he's moved since.

MDXtreme -
I'm not surprised they stole your visors, I am surprised they didn't do more, I know this sounds irrational but be glad that's all they took. Unfortunately our once safe city is now having a serious gang issue in certain parts, the west side (SW and NW) are still pretty safe but over here in Bethany area we were having alot of car break-ins for stealing GPS units, especially at St. V hospital. Our police have their hands tied though by red tape from our local governments surrounding quote "police brutality" and what not so they are pretty mamby pamby to the gangs these days, they don't want another James Chaffy lawsuit (no he wasn't a gang member, just a guy with a mental illness that resisted arrest, they tased him, he died from it... long story look it up for more info).

Park your car in safe places in clear site of the front doors to an establishment, that'll help a bit. Portland police need to step up and get a handle on the crime situation. People move to Portland because it's safe...
Old 07-10-2011, 12:33 PM
I Quit

Also, makes me wonder if I should take mine off, I don't need any attention to my car...
Old 07-10-2011, 02:01 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MDXtreme- totally sucks about the visors. I go about 3times a week and try to go during the daylight hours to avoid anything happening with the car. I recently had to ask the front desk guy to go outside to check on my car because i saw 2guys peering into my car around 9pm(parked onfront of treadmills, mirrored tint). Since then i have been riding the ruckus if i go later in the evening. Always try to park as close as you can to the front. I dont live in portland and the 24hr i go to have camera's around the front of the gym.
Old 07-10-2011, 02:50 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
holy crap man!! its gotta be someone with a tsx too wouldnt think that our car has lowered itself to theives but i guess its starting =(

odd enough ive been thinking of getting the same visors for my car but now i think i might get the mugen (style) ones from ebay and save a hundred and the headache.. dont the mugen ones have clips?? did they just break those?
Clips were broken but they didn't help with not being stolen. I think the clips made it A LOT harder for the thieves to take it off because my sensor alarm went off. It's like they were struggling with pulling it off and rocked my car a bit.

Originally Posted by clee109
MDXtreme -
I'm not surprised they stole your visors, I am surprised they didn't do more, I know this sounds irrational but be glad that's all they took. Unfortunately our once safe city is now having a serious gang issue in certain parts, the west side (SW and NW) are still pretty safe but over here in Bethany area we were having alot of car break-ins for stealing GPS units, especially at St. V hospital. Our police have their hands tied though by red tape from our local governments surrounding quote "police brutality" and what not so they are pretty mamby pamby to the gangs these days, they don't want another James Chaffy lawsuit (no he wasn't a gang member, just a guy with a mental illness that resisted arrest, they tased him, he died from it... long story look it up for more info).

Park your car in safe places in clear site of the front doors to an establishment, that'll help a bit. Portland police need to step up and get a handle on the crime situation. People move to Portland because it's safe...
I am actually thankful they only took the visors. My brother actually warned me of taking my car around Portland because he has seen a rise in crime. I believed him but I didn't believe it could happen the first night I take it to the gym.

I'm actually glad that they didn't do any "hate" crime because of my Cali plates. If they were to key my car or smash my windows, the damage would have cost more than the visors so I am really glad.

Originally Posted by ABP1TSX
MDXtreme- totally sucks about the visors. I go about 3times a week and try to go during the daylight hours to avoid anything happening with the car. I recently had to ask the front desk guy to go outside to check on my car because i saw 2guys peering into my car around 9pm(parked onfront of treadmills, mirrored tint). Since then i have been riding the ruckus if i go later in the evening. Always try to park as close as you can to the front. I dont live in portland and the 24hr i go to have camera's around the front of the gym.
This happened at 12:30 AM. Last year, I ALWAYS took my car to this very same gym almost every night. So I thought, hey why not just take it one night so that I can use the GPS to familiar myself around Portland? I thought wrong I guess.

I actually parked under the light, as close to the front as I can but there were a lot of people that night so I couldn't get really close.

I asked the 24hr manager if I could see the camera footage. He said no one is allowed to see it but he'll bring it up to higher. It's been 5 days and still haven't heard anything so I know they're just trying not to be responsible. Also the manager said their cameras are really low resolution so they probably won't be able to identify who.

I've been driving my brother's car around Portland and garage my car as much as possible. Last year, I took my car everywhere.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:08 PM
WTF?

Originally Posted by clee109
Also, makes me wonder if I should take mine off, I don't need any attention to my car...
Chris i told you i will buy yours =) ill give you what ever you think is fair =)

Clips were broken but they didn't help with not being stolen. I think the clips made it A LOT harder for the thieves to take it off because my sensor alarm went off. It's like they were struggling with pulling it off and rocked my car a bit.

I am actually thankful they only took the visors. My brother actually warned me of taking my car around Portland because he has seen a rise in crime. I believed him but I didn't believe it could happen the first night I take it to the gym.

I'm actually glad that they didn't do any "hate" crime because of my Cali plates. If they were to key my car or smash my windows, the damage would have cost more than the visors so I am really glad.

This happened at 12:30 AM. Last year, I ALWAYS took my car to this very same gym almost every night. So I thought, hey why not just take it one night so that I can use the GPS to familiar myself around Portland? I thought wrong I guess.

I actually parked under the light, as close to the front as I can but there were a lot of people that night so I couldn't get really close.

I asked the 24hr manager if I could see the camera footage. He said no one is allowed to see it but he'll bring it up to higher. It's been 5 days and still haven't heard anything so I know they're just trying not to be responsible. Also the manager said their cameras are really low resolution so they probably won't be able to identify who.

I've been driving my brother's car around Portland and garage my car as much as possible. Last year, I took my car everywhere.

i have cameras in front of my house and in the back mainly i see the junkies scrounging for stuff but last feb i got a break and was actually able to see some people checking car doors.. was able to call the police and i tracked them down the street right as the cops were just stopping them didnt take more then 5 minutes.. since i didnt actually see them get into a car they let them go but they got there IDs and stuff.. havent seen anything since infact ive notive breakins in my area have dropped alot.. (does make you wonder if it was the same peeps)
Old 07-10-2011, 03:10 PM
WTF?

Forgot to mention.. no one has said anything really about the meet at the end of the month.. yay? nay?? friday evening? saturday early afternoon? sunday early afternoon??
Old 07-10-2011, 04:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 609 Likes on 493 Posts
Originally Posted by ABP1TSX
^ aftermarket dash kit from scoche or oem dash from a civic with navi. Get indash navi from Pioneer/Alpine/etc. whatever brand that floats your boat and add their backup cam. Install all of it with wiring kit/ampbypass for the civic and Presto you have backup cam/GPs.
Scoche? Great Idea. Only adds another $70 but solves the issue with that factory in-dash issue.
I didn't know you could get the Civic with nav. Mom bought the cheapest one on the lot (in gold).

Fixed scatch in fender and waxed & buffed the RDX, so I'm ready for meet and greet any weekend you-all choose.

Last edited by Mr Marco; 07-10-2011 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bluecarbonfiber
Forgot to mention.. no one has said anything really about the meet at the end of the month.. yay? nay?? friday evening? saturday early afternoon? sunday early afternoon??

Fri night or early sat
Old 07-11-2011, 09:09 AM
I Quit

friday night for me
Old 07-11-2011, 11:24 AM
WTF?

Meet is started.... July 29th at 7 30pm hillsboro sonic.. so bring your dessert appetite =)
Old 07-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Suzuka Master

^In the Crackberry calendar.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:38 PM
WTF?

MDK - you still going to be in town then? you could follow me out there so you dont get lost if so..
Old 07-11-2011, 06:08 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
I think I should be OK for the 29th. It's a work day for my relatives so we shouldn't be on vacation. Yea I can meet up with you.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:19 AM
WTF?

gonna order new part.. hopefully if comes in the mail before the meet
Old 07-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Hey you guys know of any local reputable tint shops around here besides elite . Stopped by there today and they want 150 bucks to tint my windshield which I thinks a little steep..
Old 07-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Suzuka Master

^Apex Automotive/Marine Spa
12225 SW Millikan Way
Beaverton, OR 97005

John Ferris 503 646-2739
Tint, 3M Clear Bra, bumper paint, wheel repair, detail, etc.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Would it help if I used your name as a reference
Old 07-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Thread killer//

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn sorry to hear about the visors there. i've been wanting to get some still... kinda steep for me even with a 20% discount just for some visors... anyone got some they wanna get rid of?
Old 07-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Thread killer//

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you guys do set up a meet, I'll be there.

BTW, is there a good park for me to run at in Portland?
hmm, kinda late but excuse me for not being on the forum as often.

check out glendoveer golf course. the barkdust trail around is = to about 2 1/2 mile per lap. pretty nice run. its located off of 148th and halsey or you can park at the ringside/golfing parking lot located approx 145th and glisan.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by MattB07TL
Probably not. Most of their work comes from the dealers over there IE: Herzog Meier VW/Mazda, Sunset Imports, Beaverton Chrysler, etc.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Suzuka Master

BTW... are you just doing the strip at the top of the window? If your doing the entire front window you could go lighter than the 50% Film & 35% Net that Oregon law allows. Sometimes if Johnny Law can't see you when you drive by they will pull you over and measure the light transmission through the window. I would not give them a reason to pull you over.
Also don't use the "Infinity OP" brand as radar detectors don't see well through it.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:47 PM
WTF?

^ agreed.. when i had my windows done on the civic they were washington st legal in rear and oregon st legal up front.. was pulled over only once cause the cop was a dick and had no other reason to pull me over.. granted it was raining out and the tint looks darker in those conditions.. when he did his window tint reader it read it was just under state legal on my front windows but since his tint reader had a low battery i told him if he wrote a ticket i would fight it so he just gave me a verbal warning.. didnt have any issue after that and had the car forever..

the TSX has washington st legal tint all around and havent been talked to once about it.. (go figure) its a 4 door and is alittle bit more of a grown up car then what the civic was..... GROWN UP CARS FTW!!!!! only time i get pulled over is for speeding now haha.. no more johnny beat off law following me around waiting for me to make a mistake
Old 07-13-2011, 01:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mr Marco
BTW... are you just doing the strip at the top of the window? If your doing the entire front window you could go lighter than the 50% Film & 35% Net that Oregon law allows. Sometimes if Johnny Law can't see you when you drive by they will pull you over and measure the light transmission through the window. I would not give them a reason to pull you over.
Also don't use the "Infinity OP" brand as radar detectors don't see well through it.

No I'm talking about doing the entire windshield in 50% I had that tint shop test what my tint on the sides and back window where since I bought the car with tinted windows and its 15% all the way around. I know that tinting your windshield is illegal but so is having 15% on your sides and haven't had any issues with the 5 0 yet.Cops don't look twice at my car
Old 07-13-2011, 02:23 PM
WTF?

^ i think if you have a DRs reason you can tint your full windshield.. but you would have to call a tint shop to find out the legality of it.. i know ALEXIAS in beaverton would do it if you had a drs reason
Old 07-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
+1 for Alexia's. They did top notch work on Prelude.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:43 PM
Suzuka Master

No I'm talking about doing the entire windshield in 50% I had that tint shop test what my tint on the sides and back window where since I bought the car with tinted windows and its 15% all the way around. I know that tinting your windshield is illegal but so is having 15% on your sides and haven't had any issues with the 5 0 yet.Cops don't look twice at my car
As I have read it, and will quote:
"Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 6 inches of the windshield." ORS 815.220: $142.00
Although there is nothing in the "Window Tint FREQ Asked Questions" from Oregon.gov about the windshield limitations.

So fuck the cops, I'm going to get drunk tonight!

Last edited by Mr Marco; 07-13-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:47 PM
I Quit

I'd think you're more apt to get pulled over for windshield tint than sides and rear because you will stick out more since it's not common around here to see that. Cops see tints on sides an rear all the time and rarely bat an eye at it but if you aren't the typical they are mire likely to pay attention
Old 07-13-2011, 03:49 PM
WTF?

^ my president has spoken
The following users liked this post:
clee109 (07-13-2011)
Old 07-13-2011, 06:49 PM
I Quit

^ I'm flattered... LOL
Old 07-14-2011, 11:11 AM
WTF?

new part sent out yesterday !!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:44 AM
WTF?

saw a 04-05 dark forest green tsx.. my second ever in person seen the other i spot up in washington .. ultra rare color if you ask me..
Old 07-15-2011, 02:26 PM
WTF?

slowwwwwwwww times
Old 07-16-2011, 10:20 AM
I Quit

Maybe you should share some more info on these new toys that you've got
Old 07-16-2011, 02:51 PM
WTF?

^ more reason to show up at the meet =)
Old 07-17-2011, 10:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Starting to realize that window visors are pretty much a must have living in Oregon. I always like to have the window at least cracked when I'm driving and with these last couple days of showers made me realize I cant have the window cracked AT ALL !! lol
Old 07-17-2011, 12:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Starting to realize that window visors are pretty much a must have living in Oregon. I always like to have the window at least cracked when I'm driving and with these last couple days of showers made me realize I cant have the window cracked AT ALL !! lol
What happened to summer. Spent most of my weekend inside. Actually needed to hit the borders of the lawn with round-up today...can only clean the garage so many times.
Old 07-17-2011, 02:10 PM
WTF?

i know!!! i should just order some today made me realize with the humidity that cracking a window wasnt an option and just had to run the defroster

Originally Posted by Mr Marco
What happened to summer. Spent most of my weekend inside. Actually needed to hit the borders of the lawn with round-up today...can only clean the garage so many times.
got a new windshield yesterday.. thinking today would be sunny was looking forward to washing the car today.. and changing the oil.. that plan was a bust.. now ill have to do it during the week and also squeeze some time in for a polish and wax in hopes that it doesnt rain before the meet..
Old 07-17-2011, 06:08 PM
Traded in my

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys effin suck..how many times do I have to tell ya I can't go to Fri meets. Sad really..haven't had a fri night off in years it feels like. Too bad..just buffed, polished and waxed the TL and this rain is just messin it up..

Quick Reply: All Oregon Chat #2 Chat about Rain, Cars, and Rained on Cars!