Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 08:38 AM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
ur gonna love those red stuff pads. i love mine.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am to far from you...
Old 04-24-2010, 04:15 PM

WTB 18s in the cities for 5 lug of course, also wanted 03 tl lip kit pm me thanks
Old 04-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Ana Gaba
I am to far from you...
Welcome aboard nice choice in color.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rajca
ur gonna love those red stuff pads. i love mine.
I have heard these pads are noisy; have you experienced this? Also, do they produce a lot of brake dust [i.e. compared to our OEM pads]?

Originally Posted by Ana Gaba
I am to far from you...
Haha, thanks anyways! How's the car scene in Puerto Rico? Do you ever have any Acura meets/cruises?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:40 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

no noise here. no brake dust here. well when braking in i had dust but not anymore, well little to non
Old 04-24-2010, 11:53 PM
Instructor

no noise here. no brake dust here. well when braking in i had dust but not anymore, well little to non
Aiight, thanks for the info. I can't wait to install them!
Old 04-25-2010, 09:16 AM
3rd Gear

So after waiting desperately for someone to come up with someone to come up with rims for my ride, I had to settle for some 16"s lol called around a few buddies and one of them had these RSX's Rims and tires for sale for $400...tires looks brand new with great tread...I had no other choice for now if I needed my ride asap for work...at first i didnt want to see my ride riding on 16's but like i said i had no other choice unless I wanted to shell out 1k+ for some 18s which would have been fine too but I am in the middle of buying a house so I was trying to not spend as much too....took some pictures this rainy Sunday morning..it actually does not look too bad after putting them on lol

Old 04-25-2010, 11:11 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alright ladies, I signed up for the KC meet, so somebody else better sign up too! Now I just have to get a few things done to the car before then
Old 04-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
Alright ladies, I signed up for the KC meet, so somebody else better sign up too! Now I just have to get a few things done to the car before then
If we can get my new suspension and brake set-up installed by then, it would make me wanna go to show off my new mods! I will also have my headlights re-styled by then too!
Old 04-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Racer

Sway bars shouldn't be more than a couple hour job. Same with brakes and rotors. Suspension will take a little longer though. Could almost get it all done in one long weekend.

At least you have your parts.....mine are on order
Old 04-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by Carmodifier
If we can get my new suspension and brake set-up installed by then, it would make me wanna go to show off my new mods! I will also have my headlights re-styled by then too!

If you have air tools it will be much easier... dont forget to do an alignment after you do your suspension.... dont wanna drive to KC without it
Old 04-26-2010, 07:45 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by smokincivic
So after waiting desperately for someone to come up with someone to come up with rims for my ride, I had to settle for some 16"s lol called around a few buddies and one of them had these RSX's Rims and tires for sale for $400...tires looks brand new with great tread...I had no other choice for now if I needed my ride asap for work...at first i didnt want to see my ride riding on 16's but like i said i had no other choice unless I wanted to shell out 1k+ for some 18s which would have been fine too but I am in the middle of buying a house so I was trying to not spend as much too....took some pictures this rainy Sunday morning..it actually does not look too bad after putting them on lol

Not bad you have to set your priorities a house is more importat. At least you got acura rims.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:49 PM
Advanced

Talking

Well on the bright side you will be representing the Twin Cities Chapter if no one else can make it.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Advanced

Talking

You talked to your budy with the lift. Were is it and most important does he have tools. Are you grilling steaks for the group.
Old 04-26-2010, 08:56 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Takata 18
Well on the bright side you will be representing the Twin Cities Chapter if no one else can make it.

That's fine, I'll carry mn if I have to! Lol! It'd be more fun if others come along though
Old 04-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Jorge you get my PM?

IM going to the dealer tomorrow to see if i can trade my ride in for a MT... I am 95% sure there is no way they will be able to make the deal work but you wont know till you try
Old 04-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
Jorge you get my PM?

IM going to the dealer tomorrow to see if i can trade my ride in for a MT... I am 95% sure there is no way they will be able to make the deal work but you wont know till you try
Yes I reply to your pm. You just put in your EAM what are you going to do that for. You cuold end up loosin more money than what you think.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:02 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

I saw the saddest thing today. I was driving back to work after school and i was driving on lyndale ave in Minneapolis... I heard a car rev its engine so i looked across the road and saw a 2000 honda predule with a huge fart can in the back trying to race a brand new Infinity G37x... The G left that predule in the dust... and the fat kid driving the predule was trying desperately to catch up...LOL
Old 04-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Racer

Just ordered a new jpipe, and once I get it (hopefully next week) I'll be selling my XLR8 jpipe and RV6 test pipe (un-used). If anyone's interested let me know before I put it on the blackmarket and it's yours. I'd be willing to cut someone a deal on both if they want both.

Sorry I don't have pics right now, but I also have new gaskets and hardware for all connections.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:04 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

pm mytl09, he was asking about a test pipe
Old 04-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Racer

pm mytl09, he was asking about a test pipe
Actually I did pm him earlier this week about something else and he never responded If you know how to get ahold of him, tell him to check his inbox.
Old 04-29-2010, 04:45 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

he said hes got no pm from u
Old 04-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Instructor

So the guy driving the truck, with the couches, is paying for my new bumper and underglow system. I am going to have a shop install the new system. I had Mach 1 install my StreetGlow Lightstrike 3 Million Color LED Undercar Kit; I decided not to replace it with the same system and instead try LEDGlow's Advanced 3 Million Wireless USB Underbody. I do not want to go back to Mach 1 due to their poor customer service. Where do you guys recommend I go to have my underglow system installed?
Old 04-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Racer

he said hes got no pm from u
I wonder who I pm'd then lol I'll shoot him another. Thanks for checkin with him for me.

So the guy driving the truck, with the couches, is paying for my new bumper and underglow system. I am going to have a shop install the new system. I had Mach 1 install my StreetGlow Lightstrike 3 Million Color LED Undercar Kit; I decided not to replace it with the same system and instead try LEDGlow's Advanced 3 Million Wireless USB Underbody. I do not want to go back to Mach 1 due to their poor customer service. Where do you guys recommend I go to have my underglow system installed?

Do it yourself! There's no way it's that difficult to install. If you want to pay someone, get a quote and I'll do it for half the cost lol Seriously though, it can't be that difficult to install. If you want me to help you could swing by some day and we can take a look at it.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:32 PM
Instructor

Do it yourself! There's no way it's that difficult to install. If you want to pay someone, get a quote and I'll do it for half the cost lol Seriously though, it can't be that difficult to install. If you want me to help you could swing by some day and we can take a look at it.
Well put it this way, I had my StreetGlow Kit professionally installed by Mach 1 and it never worked properly. My ex-installer also looked at it numerous times and couldn't solve the problem either. Thus, why I am tryin' out LEDGlow's Underbody hoping for better luck. I have LEDGlow's 4 pc. 7 Color LED Interior Kit and am very pleased with it! I guess I will get a quote from Mach 1 and receive the money to order the part(s) and do the install myself (with your help ).
Old 04-29-2010, 10:44 PM
Racer

Well put it this way, I had my StreetGlow Kit professionally installed by Mach 1 and it never worked properly. My ex-installer also looked at it numerous times and couldn't solve the problem either. Thus, why I am tryin' out LEDGlow's Underbody hoping for better luck. I have LEDGlow's 4 pc. 7 Color LED Interior Kit and am very pleased with it! I guess I will get a quote from Mach 1 and receive the money to order the part(s) and do the install myself (with your help ).
That sucks that the kit never worked. Was the guy able to guess at what was wrong? Do you have a link to the kit you're buying? I would assume there is power and then a signal wire of some sort...just guessing though. I just put blue LEDs in my TL tonight and am waiting on delivery of a new jpipe and hid kit for some reverse hids still slowly working on that carbon fiber stuff too. Plus I have one other idea that I'm trying to figure out, but that one is "secret" for now. Did you and jorge figure out a time for the suspension stuff?
Old 04-30-2010, 02:23 AM
Instructor

That sucks that the kit never worked. Was the guy able to guess at what was wrong? Do you have a link to the kit you're buying? I would assume there is power and then a signal wire of some sort...just guessing though. I just put blue LEDs in my TL tonight and am waiting on delivery of a new jpipe and hid kit for some reverse hids still slowly working on that carbon fiber stuff too. Plus I have one other idea that I'm trying to figure out, but that one is "secret" for now. Did you and jorge figure out a time for the suspension stuff?
He had assumptions, but never came up with results. This was typical of this guy though, that's why I refer to him as my ex-installer. The StreetGlow Kit did not allow you to have it on while driving. Thus, we had to set-up a bypass with a switch. The controller never stayed charged, thus I always had to keep it on the cradle. The worst part about this situation was that I had to initially wait about 4 months for the kit since it was back ordered from China. Since I will have some extra cash to play with, I am also going to get a wheel well kit. Here's the link to the kit I am buying: http://www.ledunderbody.com/Advanced...hting-Kit.aspx. Can't wait to see this "secret" idea of yours! No, Jorge and I have not figured out a time yet...
Old 04-30-2010, 08:04 AM
fu

Man I still need help installing my HID's
Old 04-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Instructor

You talked to your budy with the lift. Were is it and most important does he have tools. Are you grilling steaks for the group.
Yes, I have talked to him. He said to give him a week advance warning and it would be no problem. He lives in Newport, MN. What tools are we going to need? I will grill any thing you guys want In terms of the date, my whip goes in on next Monday, May 3rd, to get my front bumper replaced and headlights re-styled. Thus, my whip will be out of service for about two weeks. So if we want to tackle this project in one weekend, we should start on a Friday and wrap it up on Sunday. I am looking at May 21st - 23rd. What do you guys think about these dates??
Old 05-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Hail!!!! Run!!!!

Last edited by GLowrdr; 05-01-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

oh.. and installing the underbody kits? No problems. Do it yourself.

Ever wonder where the name Glowrdr came from? Used to have a streetglow system on my <previous> car. Glow Rider.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
oh.. and installing the underbody kits? No problems. Do it yourself.

Ever wonder where the name Glowrdr came from? Used to have a streetglow system on my <previous> car. Glow Rider.
Haha, I should have guessed that by your name Now that I know where your name originated from, what's the story behind your avatar??
Old 05-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
Installed the CAI yesterday.
When they hell did you get a CAI? And why haven't you told me this? I thought we were friends? JK man. I thought you weren't going to do anything because of the warranty?

I'm still pondering the idea of the ATLP base exhaust I'll probably get it but I know I shouldn't. Not sure what should be the big purchase this year, the Exhaust/J-pipe, or the suspension. What do you guys think?
Old 05-03-2010, 02:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by nate_0022
When they hell did you get a CAI? And why haven't you told me this? I thought we were friends? JK man. I thought you weren't going to do anything because of the warranty?

I'm still pondering the idea of the ATLP base exhaust I'll probably get it but I know I shouldn't. Not sure what should be the big purchase this year, the Exhaust/J-pipe, or the suspension. What do you guys think?
Both, the exhaust/j-pipe AND the suspension
Old 05-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Racer

I'll be selling a used jpipe in a week or so and a brand new test pipe with all new gaskets! It'd be cheaper to buy both from me than to buy both new
Old 05-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Advanced

I'll be selling a used jpipe in a week or so and a brand new test pipe with all new gaskets! It'd be cheaper to buy both from me than to buy both new
Why are you getting rid of it, you just bought this at the end of summer last year no. I have been looking at RV6 New J-pipe for quite a while, is that the one you are getting.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
Both, the exhaust/j-pipe AND the suspension
I wish I had that kind of money lol. I'll be buying the exhaust this month, and work on the suspension next summer. I want to get Tein SS coilovers.
Thanks for the offer man but I think i'm going to be buying the RV6 V3 later today.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Racer

Why are you getting rid of it, you just bought this at the end of summer last year no. I have been looking at RV6 New J-pipe for quite a while, is that the one you are getting.
That's what I just bought - the RV6 V3!! I keep missing the FedEX guy though, so I don't have it yet. I may just pick it up in person tomorrow after work! I bought the XLR8 last year and put it on early summer. I'm not entirely sure why I'm buying the new one, but I like the fact that it tucks under the car nicer.

Thanks for the offer man but I think i'm going to be buying the RV6 V3 later today.
No problem, just thought I'd offer it up to someone local before I put it on the blackmarket.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:05 PM
Racer

By the way, who else from here is going to the KC meet? I haven't seen any other TLs on the list yet.................what's the hold up guys?

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras