Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Takata 18
Hey 05TLRIDER what is up I know you got my PM's. You read our thread I have posted here about the trip to KC. Are you going to KC or not? Any one else going to the KC meet please let me know. I am it, would be cool to have company.

Sorry man, been beyond busy and just reading stuff on my phone! I'm not sure about the meet just yet, because I'm commissioning a high profile project at work and I might have to be there Monday morning I'll be able to give you a definite next week sometime. I haven't heard back from Buda either, so I doubt I'll be staying there, which means I should make a hotel reservation soon

Originally Posted by asujosh1
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this would be a great way to find out what the back of a cop car looks like.

We BBQ'd there last summer and they bugged about us having a beer can, so I doubt that they'd be too thrilled about you and ten foot flames.

Ahh....Josh is right. Don't even think about having a fire there. I think the minneapolis burn restrictions are still in place too. If you plan on drinking the cops usually leave you alone if it's in a can koozy or just drink mixed drinks instead. That way it doesn't look too obvious.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:12 PM
T-Swzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this would be a great way to find out what the back of a cop car looks like.

We BBQ'd there last summer and they bugged about us having a beer can, so I doubt that they'd be too thrilled about you and ten foot flames.
hmmm...thanks, you think they'll be satisfied with just taking the drunk, mostly naked girls or they're gonna throw the whole lot in the back?

hey you riding bikes again josh? saw a guy on 61 yesterday on a red, looks like a ninja, tall, white, and bald...i was about half a block away though and i wasn't sure
Old 05-27-2010, 06:51 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by Razzi
hmmm...thanks, you think they'll be satisfied with just taking the drunk, mostly naked girls or they're gonna throw the whole lot in the back?

hey you riding bikes again josh? saw a guy on 61 yesterday on a red, looks like a ninja, tall, white, and bald...i was about half a block away though and i wasn't sure
I'm pretty sure nekkid would get you a ride as well.

I'd love to get another bike, but with the bun in the oven, that's not likely. Besides, if I was on a bike I would be wearing a helmet. Only dumbasses don't wear helmets.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:55 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
I'm pretty sure nekkid would get you a ride as well.

I'd love to get another bike, but with the bun in the oven, that's not likely. Besides, if I was on a bike I would be wearing a helmet. Only dumbasses don't wear helmets.
Yes Josh that's true, DUMBASSES is corrcet.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:32 AM
Advanced

Talking

Two days and no posting. Everyone is out of town. Enjoy your holiday.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:48 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Nah - not out of town. Just outside enjoying the weather

Clay Barred my car yesterday - all I can say is dead sexy. Now I'm afraid to drive the damn thing. lol
Old 05-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Still in town... just nothing to say
Old 05-30-2010, 01:31 PM
B A N N E D

C'mon 05TLRIDER don't back out now Jorge is going anddionte let him go by himself, I don't want MN to fail and not go at all, trust me this coming weekend is gonna be alot of fun, and I'm sure Steven bell is gonna show us a good time in kc
Old 05-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Instructor

I am not out of town either. I am doing some work around the house today and have to work tomorrow.

Jorge, my friend with the lift went out of town for the weekend after he got done working on the car yesterday. That's the reason why we couldn't use it this weekend. Discount Tire is storing my wheels and tires at the moment. I will have them put my name, address, and phone number on the wheels in permanent marker (in case someone ever steals them I can hopefully get them back) and then have them mount the tires onto the wheels. I will also return my SPC alignment kits for the Ingalls alignment kits. Next weekend is the KC meet. We should plan on doing the install June 12th-13th. Let me know if this works so I can reserve the lift for that weekend.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Just drive...

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
So who's all going to KC this coming weekend? I know Takata is, but what about you 05TLRIDER? C'Mon MN...we need to represent!!!
Old 05-31-2010, 10:27 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by MN07TLS
So who's all going to KC this coming weekend? I know Takata is, but what about you 05TLRIDER? C'Mon MN...we need to represent!!!
05TLRIDER two weeks ago you were talking on how you were all set and even signed your name on the list. I am going. I was hoping so of you other guys would go too.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:37 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Carmodifier
I am not out of town either. I am doing some work around the house today and have to work tomorrow.

Jorge, my friend with the lift went out of town for the weekend after he got done working on the car yesterday. That's the reason why we couldn't use it this weekend. Discount Tire is storing my wheels and tires at the moment. I will have them put my name, address, and phone number on the wheels in permanent marker (in case someone ever steals them I can hopefully get them back) and then have them mount the tires onto the wheels. I will also return my SPC alignment kits for the Ingalls alignment kits. Next weekend is the KC meet. We should plan on doing the install June 12th-13th. Let me know if this works so I can reserve the lift for that weekend.
Possibly you should reserve it, that way you have it you can always cancel.
Old 06-01-2010, 07:51 PM
fu

I was going to, but I graduate this weekend and it seems a little inappropriate to skip the graduation stuff for this...
Old 06-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Instructor

Possibly you should reserve it, that way you have it you can always cancel.
Sounds like a good idea. I will give him a call.
Originally Posted by Slepybear
I was going to, but I graduate this weekend and it seems a little inappropriate to skip the graduation stuff for this...
Good excuse! Like we haven't heard that one before
Old 06-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by Slepybear
Inappropriate? Just go to the meet, you'll graduate again (provided you go to college), but how many times do you get to go to KC for an Acura meet?

/sarcasm

Last edited by asujosh1; 06-01-2010 at 08:17 PM.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:30 PM
Advanced

Talking

Inappropriate? Just go to the meet, you'll graduate again (provided you go to college), but how many times do you get to go to KC for an Acura meet?

/sarcasm
Thanks for the back up Bro.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:26 AM
The cake is a lie.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Two days and no posting. Everyone is out of town. Enjoy your holiday.
Yep. I was down in Sioux City, IA visiting my grandma. The TSX I sold her is making a noise at the wheel sounds like a wheel bearing I told her to take it into the Honda dealer and have it looked at when she takes it in for an oil change this month or next.
On a side note when I was in Sioux City driving back to my grandma's house after lunch I was passed by a bunch of riced up Hondas unfortunately I was carpooling with my parents and grandma in my parent's PT Cruiser. I was like 'Damn it I could have been the king of that group with my Acura.' as most of the Hondas were old Civics an Accord and a S2000.
Also on my way back home on Monday I saw a 2010 Ferrari California on 169 in the Shakopee area which was cool.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:40 PM
Chapter Leader (Chicago)

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts
HEY GUYS JUST WANTED TO GIVE YOU HEADS UP ON THIS LIL MEET WE GOT GOIN ON...

https://acurazine.com/forums/chicago-313/bbq-meet-greet-778632/
Old 06-04-2010, 03:24 AM
Racer

Still a maybe on the KC meet, but I'll know for sure later today......pray that today goes well for me at work!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
Still a maybe on the KC meet, but I'll know for sure later today......pray that today goes well for me at work!
Work hard man! Need to know if you are crashing at my place. Btw I'll be in MN next week for a wedding on the 12th.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Hey guys! I hope you can all make it to Kansas City this weekend. If possible, please sign up on the list in the thread for the meet (here in the Regional Section). We've got a cruise Saturday night-followed by dinner, drinks and partying that night. Then Sunday is the meet with free food, Sirius XM, trophies, plaques, etc.

Call me if you have any questions at 913-461-8073. Right now, we're expecting 60-70 cars! So we REALLY need Minnesota represented!
Old 06-04-2010, 02:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
OK Guys-the countdown is on! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Right now, the AcuraZine signup is below. There are 2 other sign-up lists going (Facebook and KCSR), so I'm expecting 60-80 cars for display. If you want to sign up, please do so here.

I've also included information about our Saturday Night Cruise and Night-Out (below). Plus, please print off the form that Buda has supplied below to fill out for judging for your cars.

If you have any questions, you can call me at 913-461-8073

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you this weekend.

__________________________________________________ ______________

1. Steven Bell-Kansas City
2. LTxArucAx60-Garden City (maybe a few of my friends will be coming)
3. Buda - Kansas City
4. yimmy1980 (& some Chitown friends)
5. swoosh - KC....i got a place to bunk here if some members wanna save on hotel !!!
6. ACBrett-WI
7. Lazer187-WI 07' TL-S
8. bigmoetl1 (st. louis)
9. 05TLRIDER - MN
10. FastInFairway - KC
11. Izzy-Type-S - Chicago
12. SSGHutch, 4G TL-AWD, Louisville, KY (If I can get off work)
13. Sezniko - Saint Charles, MO
14. mcgbball24- overland park, kansas
15. 07 TypeS
16. Takata 18 - MN
17. 06TL2NV - Rochester, MN
18. MN07TLS - Rochester, MN
19. Dizlaosboisofly- KC if i can get off work
20. MyTL09 05'TL (IL)
21. RL Chi-Town (IL)
22. fsttyms1 00'TL (WI) (Maybe)
23. SgSaber23 '99 TL (WI) (Maybe)
24. JD-GT-350
25. rpete 2001 cl type s (kc,mo)
26. MCgbball24 TL (kc)
27. WheaMyRyceGo
28. KhongsTL 05 TL(some others from KC)
29. nguy4024

__________________________________________________ __________

SATURDAY NIGHT CRUISE AND NIGHT-OUT

Here is the link (I hope) for the cruise route we'll be taking on Saturday night:

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/5-Nm*ZVdn8UPHG

I don't use MapQuest very often because I have Nav in my Type S. But I will bring copies of this map along with the directions Saturday night for everyone.

We will meet at the Berbiglia Liquor Store (directly acorss the street from Jay Wolfe Acura) at 6:30PM on Saturday, June 5th. By the time everyone arrives, I thought we would leave as soon as possible and cruise through Kansas City. This is a beautiful route, which takes us down a beautiful parkway (Ward Parkway), throught the ritsy shopping district (the Coutry Club Plaza) it will take us down to the Power & Light District/Sprint Center in Downtown Kansas City, Missouri.

Once we park, we will meet up outside the Sprint Center/College Basketball Experience. At that point, we will walk across the street to the Power & Light District for dinner, drinking and an overall great time!

The P&L District has multiple restaurants and bars. Plus a HUGE open stage area for bands, etc. If there is no band playing, they always have a DJ blasting out tunes. This is an enormous open area where everyone can dance, mingle and party. It's always a great time and a terrific party!

If you have any questions, you can call me on my mobile phone at 913-461-8073.

__________________________________________________ __________

CONTESTANT FORM

Below is the example of the mod sheet to have with you. Sorry I didn't get it posted last night. I was busy shining the summer shoes so I can get them back on my car. Basically same as last year with some slight modifications due to changes in the categories for judging. I put my data in it from last year so my actual list will change slightly for the meet.

If you are on other forums and people are coming, please post this up there as well. I will try to bring some blank forms with me.

First Name: Sean
Acurazine Handle: Buda

Distance Traveled to meet: xx miles

Car: 2006 Acura TL w/ Navi 5AT
Color: Nighthawk Black Pearl w/ Camel interior

SI - Self Install
DI - Dealer or Shop Install

Performance Modifications:
AEM Cold Air Intake V1 (SI)
A-Spec 6MT Suspension (SI)
Progress 24mm Rear Sway Bar (SI)
Thermoblock Spacers (SI)
UR Pulley (DI)

Aesthetic Mods:
Functional Modifications:
Angel Eyes (SI)
Clear Bra (DI)
Cold Cathode Licence Plate lights (SI)
Compustar Remote start/alarm (DI)
LED Interior Lighting - white (SI)
Lighted door sills (SI)
Navi Hacks - OK Bypass, Start up screen change, Trip Computer/AC controls (SI)
Phillips 85122+ HID bulbs (SI)
Switchback LED Parking/Turn Signals (SI)
Switchback LED Sidemarkers (SI)
Wendy's Camera / Dom's Unit (SI)
ZKW Replica Lenses (DI)

Non-Functional Modifications:
ACURA Domed decal (SI)
Aluminum racing pedals (SI)
A-Spec Body kit (DI)
Chrome lower grill strip (SI)
Cleared and blacked out Headlights (v2) (DI)
Color match grill / grey a-spec pieces
TL-S markers/tails (SI)
Wood Grain Trim (DI)
Wing Spoiler (DI)

Tint:
28% Solarguard Supreme (DI)

Wheels:
Volk SF Challenge 19x8.5 42 offset (SI)

Detail:
Interior: 303 Aerospace Protectorant (SI)
Exterior: Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection w/PC Booster (SI)[/quote]

__________________________________________________ _______________

Here are the categories for judging.

Trophies:
Best In Show
Best In Show Runner Up
Participants Choice -- by attendee votes

Plaques:
Best Performance Mod
Best Aesthetic Mod

Certificates:
Best Wheels
Best Tint
Best Detail
Road Warrior - This is why miles traveled to meet is on Mod sheet.

For the Miles traveled to meet, please use the following to determine this.
Website to use: maps.google.com
Origination: You current place of residence. If you are at a temporary place of residence (ex: temp relo for work) when you leave for the meet use that address.
Destination: Jay Wolfe Acura, 1029 West 103rd Street, Kansas City, MO

Here is google map link with destination already set: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...22724&t=h&z=16

If the number of miles are close for the potential recipients for Road Warrior we may double check the mileage using google maps to confirm winner.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:17 AM
WOT in the new ATLP V2s!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Dang, good thing I checked this thread for the cruise info. Guess I'll have to change our dinner plans a bit, lol. We were supposed to go to Ruth's Chris at 7pm but I guess we can push that back some. Steven, I'll text you later. Thanks!
Old 06-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Racer

Sadly I won't be going, cause things didn't go well yesterday at work and as a result I'm at work now today and have to be there 7am Monday morning. Hope you guys have a good time though.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Starcraft II addict

Hey guys for those that are coming to the KC meet, I posted up the registration form to download and fill out. If you are already traveling and can't print it out we will have some at the meet.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Just drive...

Hey everyone....look at Jorge's (Takata 18) new friend that he met on our way back from the Kansas City meet!!!!

Of course I along with 06TL2NV were pulled over right behind him!

Old 06-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Starcraft II addict

Oh no! Did he let you guys off or did you all 3 get ticketed?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
lol, i think we saw this episode of cops lastnight in the hotel
Old 06-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Just drive...

Jorge is a sweet talker...nuff said!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 PM
Advanced

Talking

Hey everyone....look at Jorge's (Takata 18) new friend that he met on our way back from the Kansas City meet!!!!

Of course I along with 06TL2NV were pulled over right behind him!

It was a smashing time meeting all of you, and the SMOKEY. All I can say is Iowa highway Patrol are nice guys. I manage to get us pulled over and I also manage to have him let all three of us go home with no tickets. The man did us all a great favor plus he was not in the mood to do all the paperwork. It was also alot of fun waking up late and catching up with my possey and then getting pulled over.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:38 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

It was a smashing time meeting all of you, and the SMOKEY. All I can say is Iowa highway Patrol are nice guys. I manage to get us pulled over and I also manage to have him let all three of us go home with no tickets. The man did us all a great favor plus he was not in the mood to do all the paperwork. It was also alot of fun waking up late and catching up with my possey and then getting pulled over.

What did he pull you over for?
Old 06-08-2010, 07:59 AM
The cake is a lie.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey guys I had a quick question for you all. The last time my mom took her PT Cruiser in to get an oil change the dealer said her lower control arm bushings are worn and should be replaced and the estimate was about $750. I looked online at the Pt Cruiser forums and yes control arm bushings are a known problem on PT’s but instead of replacing just the bushings Chrysler is going to replace both control arms entirely with the same bushings that will fail again eventually. So I looked into aftermarket urethane bushings and found a whole kit for about $150 that had the control arm and sway bar bushings along with new end links.
My dad and I looked under the car and both decided this was a job beyond our ability to do correctly so do any of you know a shop I can recommend to my parents to get the aftermarket bushings installed?
My parents are planning on taking the car to Iowa later this month and I just want them to be safe I told my dad to just take his new Mustang but he says he doesn’t want to get bugs splattered all over it. I know what a lame excuse.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Just drive...

Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
Speedin'
Old 06-08-2010, 05:49 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by Phantom_of_the_Acura
Hey guys I had a quick question for you all. The last time my mom took her PT Cruiser in to get an oil change the dealer said her lower control arm bushings are worn and should be replaced and the estimate was about $750. I looked online at the Pt Cruiser forums and yes control arm bushings are a known problem on PT’s but instead of replacing just the bushings Chrysler is going to replace both control arms entirely with the same bushings that will fail again eventually. So I looked into aftermarket urethane bushings and found a whole kit for about $150 that had the control arm and sway bar bushings along with new end links.
My dad and I looked under the car and both decided this was a job beyond our ability to do correctly so do any of you know a shop I can recommend to my parents to get the aftermarket bushings installed?
My parents are planning on taking the car to Iowa later this month and I just want them to be safe I told my dad to just take his new Mustang but he says he doesn’t want to get bugs splattered all over it. I know what a lame excuse.
See my buddy Marty at Hoover wheel alignment in Minneapolis... Make sure and ask for Marty when you call.

612-331-4805
1101 E Hennepin Ave Minneapolis, MN 55414

Tell him your a friend of mine from the Acura forum. My name is Makana. I cant guarantee a hook up on price but i can guarantee professional work and no bullshit.

BTW... I just spoke to my buddy Marty and he says that if you brought the car and that kit your talking about for $150 bucks and left the car with him at the shop he could finish it in a day if there is no rust to deal with and it would be significantly cheaper than $750 bucks. Also he said if you call or come in make sure to see him, drop my name with him and he will make sure your taken care of.

Last edited by Evil_Pineapple; 06-08-2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:24 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
Speeding what else.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Advanced

Tell your dad to buy BLUE painters tape. I cover the mirrors and the front when we went to the KC Meet and it works great. Does protect from sand dust too.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

My only mechanic that I've used for years, North County Tire (off 65 in Blaine) (763) 757-3130

They have beaten just about any quote i have thrown at them by 30% or more. Give them a call, certainly wouldn't hurt any. Not sure they would install your parts (warranty issue) - but ask them what the parts would run and I'd be willing to be it's about the same.

Most reputable auto places will not accept customer parts due to warranty and quality issues. They can't be held responsible when your tire falls off after they installed some ebay parts.

If you wanted to mention that "Brian - your computer guy" recommended them, I'm sure it couldn't hurt. They give me business, so I try to return the favor when I can
Old 06-10-2010, 10:23 PM
Advanced

Talking

Are all you guys dead? no one has posted in a couple of days I will try to post from Guam when I am there.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:20 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
MN07TLS:

What brand of tint do you have installed on your car and what percent. I got a tint ticket the other day with 35% and I have to go lighter.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nate_0022
MN07TLS:

What brand of tint do you have installed on your car and what percent. I got a tint ticket the other day with 35% and I have to go lighter.
I think it is luminar and I have 30%. It sucks to live in a state were they are a pain in the ass about tint. Thats why when i see a cop car I open all my windows.

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras