Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 12:46 PM
XpressoBeans

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by TurboSpoolinInside
I got a used power steering pump with pulley for only $70 from AAA junkyard. That shouldn't break into your tire fund too badly. (unless you're not swapping it out yourself/getting a brand new one)

As far as tires go, I'm not a tire nazi, so I can't really help you there.

That woulda been nice.
I had to fork out 463 bucks at Bloomington Acura.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:49 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xpressobeans
That woulda been nice.
I had to fork out 463 bucks at Bloomington Acura.

Oh geez. I just did mine last month in 15 minutes...
Old 12-06-2011, 01:16 PM
XpressoBeans

Originally Posted by TurboSpoolinInside
Oh geez. I just did mine last month in 15 minutes...
well.... next time i better inquire So what do you have?
You have any ASpec rims lyin around LOL
Old 12-06-2011, 01:19 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by xpressobeans
well.... next time i better inquire So what do you have?
You have any ASpec rims lyin around LOL

Nope just a stock 6MT Anthracite Metallic 04 TL that I picked up in Tampa last month. Debating modding it but I have an 04 S2000 that I should be buying parts for also. I dunno if I can do subtle things to both. I feel like I should just go all out on one... cause I'm poor.
Old 12-07-2011, 10:02 AM
XpressoBeans

Tire info

Here is what I found out from my advisor at bloomington. John Reinen, I would bring your car to him if you have any issues
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Joel Marsh.pdf (191.7 KB, 121 views)
Old 12-07-2011, 07:04 PM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
Welcome to Acurazine TurbospoolinInside. Were you a member on S2KI? If so, you may had known my older brother depending on when you had your S2K. My bro had a Red AP1 with AP2 tail light conversion and all that good stuff, he then sold it and got him a Lexus Is350. Here's a short video I made of his rides.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:10 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by SSM4DR
Welcome to Acurazine TurbospoolinInside. Were you a member on S2KI? If so, you may had known my older brother depending on when you had your S2K. My bro had a Red AP1 with AP2 tail light conversion and all that good stuff, he then sold it and got him a Lexus Is350. Here's a short video I made of his rides.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shy7J7gGNL4
I still have the s2k in the garage but I've never been a big s2k guy. Previous to that, this past year I had a 600whp k20a2 turbo Integra, then last few years have had a few sc300s and an EVO8 and some 4-600whp dsms.
Old 12-08-2011, 09:38 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
Maybe I have been hit in the head too much and lost the ability to comprehend what I read.... your a K-1 fighter?
I will fight K-1, but I rather cut some shit up with elbows.
Win by K.O rd 4 Thailand.
Twin Cities Acuras-img_1620.jpg
Old 12-08-2011, 09:46 PM
2nd Gear

I have seen his IS350 though, it's realllly clean and nice.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

I think you should become the video tech for when we get together.
The following users liked this post:
SSM4DR (12-10-2011)
Old 12-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Pro

I'm hoping we get more Acurazine meets this summer, as well as making appearances at other meets.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Advanced

Talking

I'm hoping we get more Acurazine meets this summer, as well as making appearances at other meets.
For sure.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:30 PM
XpressoBeans

stock rims 255/40/17

Hey there guys, Thinking about doing the fatty tires on my stock rims and the Conti DSW with the warranty keep calling my name... any suggestions or concerns? Checked with my acura guy at Bloomington and it appears that I should be ok. Car doesn't tool around in the wintertime so snow isn't a concern.

Thanks!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:39 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not familiar with those, but I had the conti extreme contact's that I loved on that car (also non-winter driver). I had the Bridgestone Turenza w/ serenity, and they were great in the summer. Sucked ass in the snow.

Got the new (2012 line) of Goodyear Assurance TripleTred All-Seasons. Decent all around tire, but is a little lacking in dry (i.e. I can spin all 4 tires if I get on it with TC off)
Old 12-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by GivatiTL
I will fight K-1, but I rather cut some shit up with elbows.
Win by K.O rd 4 Thailand.
Attachment 1469

Very cool man... What have you studied?
Old 12-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Hey guys, was in my first autocross with the Mini today and I have to say that it was WAY different to driving a TL or my STI. Think of it as the difference between wielding a machete vs. using a scalpel, infinitely more precise. This was the first time that I could honestly put the car wherever I wanted. I found myself braking WAY too early because I'm not used to such a lightweight car and I was expecting to be going a lot faster since I'm used to much more powerful cars.

Unfortunately, the stock No Seasons were like bricks and had about as much traction as one too. I was spinning the tires everywhere and not finding any grip at all. It didn't help that the whole morning session was wet, but even in the afternoon it was all feathering the throttle to try to get it to grip and pull. I also learned that I don't have an LSD on the car, but that it is legal since the MCS was offered from the factory with one as an option. I think that I'll wait on that until I need a new clutch and do them both at the same time, no sense in paying for the same work twice, ya know? The LSD coupled with new tires will transform that car and likely would have dropped 1-2 seconds off my times today.

Anyway, thought I'd share. Wish I could just roll over to Jorge's, drop the tranny and put in a LSD, but that drive would likely cost me more than the labor to do the install if I had it done.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Very cool man... What have you studied?
I started out doing submission grappling and competed as an amatuer in MMA, but found out quickly that im into women and not into dudes lying on top of me.

Just Muay Thai and some greco roman.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:23 AM
Cruisin'

I dont think i want to know the answer from you guys to this but...

What is my car actually worth?

2004 TL 6MT SSM Navi
90k miles
No dings/scratches etc
Brand new brakes all around
New tires all around
Very clean
No mods other than blacked out headlights.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:43 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by _Adrenaline_

2004 TL 6MT SSM Navi
90k miles
No dings/scratches etc
New tires all around
Very clean
Kelly blue book it, http://www.kbb.com/whats-my-car-worth/ .
Old 12-12-2011, 11:04 AM
I like turtles

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

2004 TL 6MT SSM Navi
90k miles
No dings/scratches etc
New tires all around
Very clean
I'll give you $2,000 for it
Old 12-12-2011, 11:22 AM
Cruisin'

Yeah i never believe KBB. Doesnt work well for places like MN, and it doesnt change if you have things like 6mt.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Yeah i never believe KBB. Doesnt work well for places like MN, and it doesnt change if you have things like 6mt.

Things like MT or new tires dont mean shit. If your looking to trade it in, the dealer is going to look at what your car is going for at auction and then give you a lower price. If you want to sell it private, you then have to be the sales man and get the buyer to care about things like that. You can try looking at NADA but remember, you will never get retail for your car because its used. It doesn't matter if you have no scratches or dents, its still used.

I have an '04 AM TL with AT and 120k on it and NAVI. I have already done the timing belt service on it and do the regular maintenance. I did some mods too it like clear headlights, intake, custom exhaust, drilled/slotted rotors, painted the rims black, put neon lights over the rear license plate. Keep it pretty clean.... except where my kids sit...lol. KBB says mine is worth like 8500 to 9000. NADA says I could get around 11,000 for it. These are both trade in values. Since I have the mods I would need to sell it to an enthusiast in order to get what I owe.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:50 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by GivatiTL
I started out doing submission grappling and competed as an amatuer in MMA, but found out quickly that im into women and not into dudes lying on top of me.

Just Muay Thai and some greco roman.

I hear ya! I myself am not a big fan of MMA. I have a personal bias towards things of that nature. I hate it when announcers or anyone else for that matter says that someone is a "Master" of anything when the truth is that they have only studied for 3 years. Martial arts of any kind is more than the physical. these MMA fighter can fight but in my philosophy that is all they are, fighters. To be a true Martial artist you have to learn the spiritual and the mental to along with the physical. Plus, most of them cant even throw a punch the right way....lol
Old 12-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Cruisin'

Things like MT or new tires dont mean shit. If your looking to trade it in, the dealer is going to look at what your car is going for at auction and then give you a lower price. If you want to sell it private, you then have to be the sales man and get the buyer to care about things like that. You can try looking at NADA but remember, you will never get retail for your car because its used. It doesn't matter if you have no scratches or dents, its still used.

I have an '04 AM TL with AT and 120k on it and NAVI. I have already done the timing belt service on it and do the regular maintenance. I did some mods too it like clear headlights, intake, custom exhaust, drilled/slotted rotors, painted the rims black, put neon lights over the rear license plate. Keep it pretty clean.... except where my kids sit...lol. KBB says mine is worth like 8500 to 9000. NADA says I could get around 11,000 for it. These are both trade in values. Since I have the mods I would need to sell it to an enthusiast in order to get what I owe.
Looks like NADA is a little more realistic, but they actually take $500 off the price for a manual. When i was looking for a Navi/Manual there were only 2 i could find in MN.

Thanks for a good answer though. I would never think of trading it in, unless i was buying new.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Pro

Yeah i never believe KBB. Doesnt work well for places like MN, and it doesn't change if you have things like 6mt.
Things like 6 speed and all the nice features usually doesn't matter. It's more of the safety features along with if you did the t/b and w/p, and the condition of the car that counts most on high mileage cars. I was lucky that I actually got KBB price on my trade in and I had like 108,997 on it.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Pro

On a different subject, looks like my car will be going into the Acura dealership this weekend. I have the crazy HFL issues like many members on the forums and my seat memory unit is acting up. I still got warranty, so hopefully both of them get repaired under warranty.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Cruisin'

Hey guys, can anybody recommend a shop to install shocks/springs or coilovers for my TSX? I'm sure shops have been discussed in this thread but I dont have the time to read all 228 pages tonight....although I know I will read the entire thread eventually.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
ok.. i finally HAVE to ask!

which board members go the the Moore Lake (Fridley) Lifetime Fitness and have a (usually very dirty) 07-08 NBP/Taupe TL-S and a (usually very clean) base 07-08 WDP/Taupe that must be lowered and has base a-spec body kit?

really curious because i see them all the time in the parking lot!
Old 12-14-2011, 08:24 PM
I like turtles

On a different subject, looks like my car will be going into the Acura dealership this weekend. I have the crazy HFL issues like many members on the forums and my seat memory unit is acting up. I still got warranty, so hopefully both of them get repaired under warranty.
What's the HFL issues? And what's up with the seat memory thing? I'm having issues with my mirrors acting crazy, moving from my set position... It only does it in the cold when I start my car though...
Old 12-14-2011, 08:37 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by luckyjakob
What's the HFL issues? And what's up with the seat memory thing? I'm having issues with my mirrors acting crazy, moving from my set position... It only does it in the cold when I start my car though...
My HFL started acting up a while back, I'll pair up my phone then randomly it'll somehow forgets it. And out of nowhere randomly when I'm driving to work or whatever it comes on saying that I can't complete the pairing process while the car is in motion lol. Recently like a few months back I just upgraded my phone and when I went to sit in my car and try to pair it up, I press on the steering wheel controls and nothing happens. The seat memory is starting to be just like the HFL, randomly it'll work then it'll act up. Example: my sister moves my car into the driveway (don't worry I taught her how to drive a slammed car lol) and she press seat memory 2 which we both had set it up for her. Then when I unlock my car it doesn't go back to seat memory 1 like it's supposed to and when I manually press it, sometimes I get nothing.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Pro

I've been watching too many canibeat videos lol. Can't wait for my new wheel set up, have to sell my old set up.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Advanced

Talking

Hi all from Bogota Colombia. Having many beers at hooters and horny as a M&rther F£>ker.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:23 PM
I like turtles

My HFL started acting up a while back, I'll pair up my phone then randomly it'll somehow forgets it. And out of nowhere randomly when I'm driving to work or whatever it comes on saying that I can't complete the pairing process while the car is in motion lol. Recently like a few months back I just upgraded my phone and when I went to sit in my car and try to pair it up, I press on the steering wheel controls and nothing happens. The seat memory is starting to be just like the HFL, randomly it'll work then it'll act up. Example: my sister moves my car into the driveway (don't worry I taught her how to drive a slammed car lol) and she press seat memory 2 which we both had set it up for her. Then when I unlock my car it doesn't go back to seat memory 1 like it's supposed to and when I manually press it, sometimes I get nothing.
Ahh, I have that problem with my HFL as well.. It's annoying!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:24 PM
I like turtles

Originally Posted by Takata 18
Hi all from Bogota Colombia. Having many beers at hooters and horny as a M&rther F£>ker.
Hi from Austin, Texas!!

Down here until Friday for work.. Def enjoying the 70-80 degree weather..
Old 12-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Boosted...

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
All Tl's from 04-08 have issues with the HFL unit's. They are made by a company called Johnsons Control, and have issues with locking up and losing phone id's. Also when the unit's are locked up they put a draw of 250 Ma on the battery, meaning if you don't drive it everyday it will kill your battery. (probably why SSM4DR's battery was acting up)

The seat memory is believe it or not is actually related to the mirrors. The DPMS receives error messages from the mirror actuators and keeps the seats from moving properly to there memory spots. Also doesn't move the mirror right or causes them to chatter when tilting for reverse.

Both the HFL and mirror actuators have bulletins on them and have updated parts as well.
The following 2 users liked this post by WBA-01:
luckyjakob (12-15-2011), SSM4DR (12-15-2011)
Old 12-15-2011, 10:12 AM
I like turtles

Originally Posted by WBA-01
All Tl's from 04-08 have issues with the HFL unit's. They are made by a company called Johnsons Control, and have issues with locking up and losing phone id's. Also when the unit's are locked up they put a draw of 250 Ma on the battery, meaning if you don't drive it everyday it will kill your battery. (probably why SSM4DR's battery was acting up)

The seat memory is believe it or not is actually related to the mirrors. The DPMS receives error messages from the mirror actuators and keeps the seats from moving properly to there memory spots. Also doesn't move the mirror right or causes them to chatter when tilting for reverse.

Both the HFL and mirror actuators have bulletins on them and have updated parts as well.
I think my car is out of it's bumper to bumper warranty.. It's an 08 with 52k miles.. Is this something that I'd have to pay for now?
Old 12-16-2011, 03:10 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Um, yeah. Not touching that....

Hi from Austin, Texas!!

Down here until Friday for work.. Def enjoying the 70-80 degree weather..
Damn, and I was in Denver all week, could have met up since I live down there.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:58 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by WBA-01

Hey what about the mirrors on 2007 beacuse the passenger side mirror does the chatering just like my 2004 did joe are there tparts for mine to repair this?
Old 12-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Boosted...

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I think my car is out of it's bumper to bumper warranty.. It's an 08 with 52k miles.. Is this something that I'd have to pay for now?
You could always give them a call and see about a good will warranty since it's a known problem and your not to far out of warranty. If i remember correctly Jorge got his covered just this summer.

Hey what about the mirrors on 2007 beacuse the passenger side mirror does the chatering just like my 2004 did joe are there tparts for mine to repair this?
Yes Jorge the bulletin for the mirror's is on 06-08 TL's. The part is aprox. $30
Door Mirror Actuator: P/N 76210-STX-H03. Give me a call when your back home so we can figure out a plan for those wheels.
Old 12-17-2011, 07:26 PM
I like turtles

Originally Posted by asujosh1
Damn, and I was in Denver all week, could have met up since I live down there.
I was only in Austin for Wednesday. I flew in to Houston Tuesday, drove to Austin on Wednesday, then drove back to Houston on Thursday... Flew back to Minnesota on Friday ha.. Busy time visiting some clients, well worth it though!

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras