Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 02:32 AM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by nate_0022
I figured with that price it was going to go fast lol.
I can't find a type S anywhere for less then $26k
Tht is because you are thinking one dimention. I found four for under 24,000 when I was looking for my car. You have to look out of state dude.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:33 AM
I like turtles

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by nate_0022
I figured with that price it was going to go fast lol.
I can't find a type S anywhere for less then $26k
Keep looking. My buddy just picked up an 08 NBP TL-S for $23k. It was Acura Certified and he picked it up at Buerkle Acura in BP.

Just gotta wait for the right one to come by. I will say, I love the KBP color.. Wish I would have held out for KBP TL-S
Old 11-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
You saying it's surprising that I can get OEM for half the cost of some Autozone/Napa/O'reilly's brand?

Or are you trying to tell me the OEM's are crap and there's a reason they are so cheap?
No I am surprised that they are cheaper just like my OEM links. They were cheaper than the after market and do the same thing.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
You saying it's surprising that I can get OEM for half the cost of some Autozone/Napa/O'reilly's brand?

Or are you trying to tell me the OEM's are crap and there's a reason they are so cheap?
I got all four of my Ingalls sway bar end links for $100.42 . For the price Ingalls listed them as on their site, it would had costed me: $195.60. So I saved: $95.18.

Last edited by SSM4DR; 11-30-2011 at 07:23 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by SSM4DR
I got all four of my Ingalls sway bar end links for $100.42 . For the price Ingalls listed them as on their site, it would had costed me: $195.60. So I saved: $95.18.
I got both my rear OEM links for $24.00. Compare to the Ingalls you bought I saved my self $171.60. They do the same job as the Ingalls. Since they are under the car know one sees them.

Last edited by Takata 18; 11-30-2011 at 07:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
GivatiTL (11-30-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Takata 18
I got both my rear OEM links for $24.00. Compare to the Ingalls you bought I saved my self $171.60. They do the same job as the Ingalls. Since they are under the car know one sees them.
I hear ya, I was to the point where I said to myself: since you're upgrading the suspension, you mind as well upgrade the supporting parts when they fail. Not for bragging rights, I just wanted something that will outlast the OEM parts if anything. Everybody wants what's best for their cars and that's just what I'm doing with mines, it doesn't mean that everybody has to do it the same way I do it.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:09 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Where did you get both for 24 $ ?
Old 11-30-2011, 08:35 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by GivatiTL
Where did you get both for 24 $ ?
I have my sources.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by SSM4DR
I hear ya, I was to the point where I said to myself: since you're upgrading the suspension, you mind as well upgrade the supporting parts when they fail. Not for bragging rights, I just wanted something that will outlast the OEM parts if anything. Everybody wants what's best for their cars and that's just what I'm doing with mines, it doesn't mean that everybody has to do it the same way I do it.
Absolutely this is my second TL I know what your talking about. I am going from a technical point. I dropped allot of money on my long gone 04 SSM and if I can get a component that performs or does the same as the another component but money wise is cheaper I would rather get the less expensive. On my old TL I never had a link go bad even with the A-Spec suspention, and Acuras are not cheap cars you know that or else you would not be driving one. They do not use low quality parts.
SSM4DR (12-01-2011)
Old 11-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I have my sources.
Please share.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:53 PM
I like turtles

So if all goes well, I will be picking up a new set of wheels this spring... I cancelled my order for Enkei EKM3's since I picked up the MB Weapons for cheap, but now I am looking into some Ron Jon Legends. Just debating between the Legend GR (Satin Black Color) or the Legend in the Liquid Graphite or Raven Black... I can't decide which ones I want more.. What opinions do you guys have??

Here is the website for the wheels:

http://ronjonwheels.com/legend.html

I can't decide between those 3 to put on my NBP.. I've got it stealthed out, just not sure if I want black wheels on my all blacked out car..
Old 11-30-2011, 11:10 PM
I like turtles

Oh and here you go Nate...

http://www.carprices.com/inventory/d...cura/SHOW_form

TL-S in Moroccan Red.. 21k.. It's got quite a few miles on it though
Old 12-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was some years ago.... I am going to fight Wako K-1 Asia championship and in March moving to Thailand for 3 months for boxing.

Maybe I have been hit in the head too much and lost the ability to comprehend what I read.... your a K-1 fighter?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by luckyjakob
So if all goes well, I will be picking up a new set of wheels this spring... I cancelled my order for Enkei EKM3's since I picked up the MB Weapons for cheap, but now I am looking into some Ron Jon Legends. Just debating between the Legend GR (Satin Black Color) or the Legend in the Liquid Graphite or Raven Black... I can't decide which ones I want more.. What opinions do you guys have??

Here is the website for the wheels:

http://ronjonwheels.com/legend.html

I can't decide between those 3 to put on my NBP.. I've got it stealthed out, just not sure if I want black wheels on my all blacked out car..
My vote goes to the Liquid Graphite.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:25 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on much lately but I had alot of shit going on. My girl is not working right now because her crohns disease is getting really bad so I have to work 12-15 hours overtime a week just so I can pay the mortgage. She might have to get surgery done so she will be out of work even longer. Because of all this I cant buy my kids any Christmas presents cause all my money is now going to pay ALL of the bills. I told her that my Christmas present to her and the kids is a roof over our heads...lol. It has been really stressful for us.

Anyway, hows everyone else been?
Old 12-01-2011, 02:02 PM
I like turtles

Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
Hey guys, sorry I haven't been on much lately but I had alot of shit going on. My girl is not working right now because her crohns disease is getting really bad so I have to work 12-15 hours overtime a week just so I can pay the mortgage. She might have to get surgery done so she will be out of work even longer. Because of all this I cant buy my kids any Christmas presents cause all my money is now going to pay ALL of the bills. I told her that my Christmas present to her and the kids is a roof over our heads...lol. It has been really stressful for us.

Sorry to hear about that bud. I hope things get better for you and your family.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:24 PM
Advanced

Talking

Please share.
Just PM me and I can check for you. Do you need links?
Old 12-01-2011, 02:36 PM
Advanced

Talking

I am sorry man I feel your pain. How old is your boy? What does he like? I now have 18 going on 19 year old son that I have to pay child support for the next 2 years my Christmas are not going to be the best, but for your boy I would like to help and get some thing for him. I am sure that a couple of the guys here we get together and get the little guy some toys. Lets get together guys on this help the pineapple out.
Old 12-01-2011, 02:55 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

I am sorry man I feel your pain. How old is your boy? What does he like? I now have 18 going on 19 year old son that I have to pay child support for the next 2 years my Christmas are not going to be the best, but for your boy I would like to help and get some thing for him. I am sure that a couple of the guys here we get together and get the little guy some toys. Lets get together guys on this help the pineapple out.

Thanks man! You guys dont need to do that. Im not looking for pity, just wanted to let the homies know whats going on. She got him and my daughter some presents already. Some people at her job are giving my kids some gifts as well. I just wont be able to get them anything myself. Like i said, my gift to them is a roof over their heads and food to eat....lol

Working overtime really sux. The pay is great but having to be away from my family this much really is the shits! Plus, who the fuck wants to be at work any longer than is actually required!

I need to find a job that will pay me to do NOTHING!! I wonder if the Kardashians are taking applications!

Last edited by Evil_Pineapple; 12-01-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:01 PM
I like turtles

Working overtime really sux. The pay is great but having to be away from my family this much really is the shits! Plus, who the fuck wants to be at work any longer than is actually required!

I need to find a job that will pay me to do NOTHING!! I wonder if the Kardashians are taking applications!
+1 to that.. But ya gotta do what you gotta do to support your family. I give you props to that bud. It's crazy to see how many people won't do what needs to be done to take care of their family. The circumstances are certainly not the best, but you'll get through it and have a better appreciation for everything in the end.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

I'm in on this too!! We're here for ya bud. If you need anything don't be afraid to call, I can help you out the best I can, seems like a tough time for you, I hope Lisa gets better soon!
Old 12-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Pro

my gift to them is a roof over their heads and food to eat.
They are thankful for that trust me. When you come from nothing to something, from struggles to better days where it all seem like a nightmare. Because now everybody's doing good, life is so much more meaningful .
Old 12-02-2011, 11:38 AM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, I'm "new" to the forum though I've been registered/lurking for a while. I picked up an '04 6 spd TL and MIGHT modify it. I'm in Minneapolis, so I may run into you guys sometime this spring. This was meant to be my daily driver, but the more I look at it, I am probably gonna lower it, put wheels on it, and blah blah blah.

What I'm kinda wondering is, is this the best place to find local parts potentially (used coilovers and whatnot)?

(And just an fyi, i'm not a newb to cars, I have a 04 S2000, and have gone through about 20 different cars in the past 10 yrs, stock to modified 600whp+ cars).

And...btw Hello. =)
Old 12-02-2011, 12:35 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Welcome, to the club. It'll probably be difficult to find stuff local. I'd check out the Black Market on this site, you'll have better luck there I think.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:27 PM
I like turtles

Welcome. As Nate said, there aren't a lot of places locally to pick up parts. There are quite a few shops around to tune and dyno our cars though.

Where abouts in Minneapolis are you at? North or south?
Old 12-02-2011, 01:42 PM
2nd Gear

Welcome. As Nate said, there aren't a lot of places locally to pick up parts. There are quite a few shops around to tune and dyno our cars though.

Where abouts in Minneapolis are you at? North or south?

I'm in S. Mpls/Bloomington/Richfield. I'm familiar with all the shops and know 'em all, but I don't know if there's even a 'group' for the Acura guys that actually have 3g TL stuff. I'm thinking just an A Spec lip/kit and lower offset 18x9s or 18x10s all around w/ coilovers.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:15 PM
I like turtles

Originally Posted by TurboSpoolinInside
I'm in S. Mpls/Bloomington/Richfield. I'm familiar with all the shops and know 'em all, but I don't know if there's even a 'group' for the Acura guys that actually have 3g TL stuff. I'm thinking just an A Spec lip/kit and lower offset 18x9s or 18x10s all around w/ coilovers.
The A-Spec kit is a nice set up. I'm debating between that and the Ron Jon kit for our 3G's. I'm leaning towards the A-Specs based on price at this point. 18x9's would be good, a little less weight than the 18x10's, not a big deal if you're just using it as a DD.

I looked into coilovers, but didn't like them for the fact that we live in Minnesota and the salt will eat away at it. After 1 winter I'd pretty much have an expensive non-adjustable suspension.
Old 12-02-2011, 02:20 PM
2nd Gear

The A-Spec kit is a nice set up. I'm debating between that and the Ron Jon kit for our 3G's. I'm leaning towards the A-Specs based on price at this point. 18x9's would be good, a little less weight than the 18x10's, not a big deal if you're just using it as a DD.

I looked into coilovers, but didn't like them for the fact that we live in Minnesota and the salt will eat away at it. After 1 winter I'd pretty much have an expensive non-adjustable suspension.
Personally I think that Ron Jon kit is fugllyyy.

I wouldn't be putting the coilovers in til spring. I can always swap the suspension out come winter time.

18s seem kinda small on these cars, but it will be 18 or 19. 19's just are shitty because tires are mega expensive and I'll eat through a ton of them. I've owned one set of 19s for another car and swore I'd never buy another set.

19x9 19x10 or 19x10 with a mid 20s offset seems to be the ideal fitment though with 235/35 tires.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:35 PM
I like turtles

Personally I think that Ron Jon kit is fugllyyy.

I wouldn't be putting the coilovers in til spring. I can always swap the suspension out come winter time.

18s seem kinda small on these cars, but it will be 18 or 19. 19's just are shitty because tires are mega expensive and I'll eat through a ton of them. I've owned one set of 19s for another car and swore I'd never buy another set.

19x9 19x10 or 19x10 with a mid 20s offset seems to be the ideal fitment though with 235/35 tires.
The Ron Jon kit is different. I'll be picking up some Ron Jon Legends in Liquid Graphite come this summer though.

I'll be sticking with 18's, like you said, tires for 19's are spendy, and they don't last as long. I think if you have a nice drop and a nice set of 18's on the car, it'll set it off.

I'm not too familiar with offsets and what not, so I'll have to trust you on the fitment lol
Old 12-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

When I got my aspec kit, I ordered it through one of the dealerships that sponsers here. I was able to get it for $300-400 cheaper shipped, then I could just go and get it locally. I think it was like $850 shipped. Can't remember the name of the place though, but I'm sure someone will know it (I dont have the TL anymore, so I'm not fresh with all this stuff like I used to be)

I also ordered all the Type-S lighting from the same place.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Advanced

Talking

When I got my aspec kit, I ordered it through one of the dealerships that sponsers here. I was able to get it for $300-400 cheaper shipped, then I could just go and get it locally. I think it was like $850 shipped. Can't remember the name of the place though, but I'm sure someone will know it (I dont have the TL anymore, so I'm not fresh with all this stuff like I used to be)

I also ordered all the Type-S lighting from the same place.
I got my A-Spec for my other old TL through eBay for $650.00 shipped many years ago. The best price is probably through Ack on a group buy at $775.00 shipped.
TurboSpoolinInside (12-05-2011)
Old 12-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Advanced

Talking

Hey guys, I'm "new" to the forum though I've been registered/lurking for a while. I picked up an '04 6 spd TL and MIGHT modify it. I'm in Minneapolis, so I may run into you guys sometime this spring. This was meant to be my daily driver, but the more I look at it, I am probably gonna lower it, put wheels on it, and blah blah blah.

What I'm kinda wondering is, is this the best place to find local parts potentially (used coilovers and whatnot)?

(And just an fyi, i'm not a newb to cars, I have a 04 S2000, and have gone through about 20 different cars in the past 10 yrs, stock to modified 600whp+ cars).

And...btw Hello. =)
Welcome to the TC forum. Hope you come to our meets.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Just drive...

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

And...btw Hello. =)
Welcome!
Old 12-05-2011, 09:50 AM
2nd Gear

I got my A-Spec for my other old TL through eBay for $650.00 shipped many years ago. The best price is probably through Ack on a group buy at $775.00 shipped.

Thanks. I'll definitely look into that. I'm still not sure if I wanna modify two cars or if I wanna just drive this and concentrate on the s2000 to buy parts for.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:35 AM
I like turtles

Thanks. I'll definitely look into that. I'm still not sure if I wanna modify two cars or if I wanna just drive this and concentrate on the s2000 to buy parts for.
I'd invest your time and money into the S2000. Much more can be done with it. Maybe an A-Spec kit, a new set of wheels and some tint or something on the TL to make it stand out a little. Just my
Old 12-06-2011, 10:46 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

If anybody knows anyone that wants to buy my car let me know.... 13K O.B.O.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:48 AM
2nd Gear

I'd invest your time and money into the S2000. Much more can be done with it. Maybe an A-Spec kit, a new set of wheels and some tint or something on the TL to make it stand out a little. Just my
Believe it or not, the TL is almost more fun to drive. The s2000 is kinda boring.

Maybe I'll just ditch 'em both come springtime!
Old 12-06-2011, 12:35 PM
XpressoBeans

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink 05 ABP TL All ASpec Stuff except the rims

Hey guys, The TL is in hibearnation until April and I will be needing new tires on her. Currently running the BFG's KDWS which have been ok, but not my favorite. I read about the Conti DWS and also some Pierelli PZeroNeros but wanted to ask the Mps folks what to get. I would like to snag some Aspec Rims but would settle for some Type S's as well but may be stuck with my 17s a bit longer. Any suggestions? Dang power steering pump going out broke into my tire fund.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:44 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by xpressobeans
Hey guys, The TL is in hibearnation until April and I will be needing new tires on her. Currently running the BFG's KDWS which have been ok, but not my favorite. I read about the Conti DWS and also some Pierelli PZeroNeros but wanted to ask the Mps folks what to get. I would like to snag some Aspec Rims but would settle for some Type S's as well but may be stuck with my 17s a bit longer. Any suggestions? Dang power steering pump going out broke into my tire fund.

I got a used power steering pump with pulley for only $70 from AAA junkyard. That shouldn't break into your tire fund too badly. (unless you're not swapping it out yourself/getting a brand new one)

As far as tires go, I'm not a tire nazi, so I can't really help you there.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:45 PM
XpressoBeans

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by metric
What do you guys drive in the winter who store your TL?
I roll in my 2000 Xterra 4x4. 168000 and still no issues. That is my ONLY complaint about the TL. Little shit that goes wrong with it, interior lights that cost a fortune, that sunroof rattle, sub rattle and now my power steering pump. Grrr . Xterra is still all stock, well except brakes, she loves her brakes.

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras