Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Phantom_of_the_Acura
Hi Shailene can I interest you in a ride in my BMW? It has a 500HP V-10. J/K I used to own a 2007 CBP TL Type-S but still hang out here because the M5 owners are a little to snooty for me.:gheyhug:

Hey Jorge did you go see Star Wars this weekend? I took my cousin and was a little let down I was hoping the pod race and action scenes would be eye popping in 3D but they weren't. The boring standing around scenes were noticable in 3D.

No Phantom I didn't. I did do a marathon last weekend at home.

Janik are you a junior or senior at college now?

Well I was putting toghther my vacation this year and thought about going to see the F1 races at Spa and Monza with side trips to the Nurburgring, the Stelvio Pass, Monaco, Le Mans and Normandy. But when I added it all up it was going to cost between 8-9K dollars which is too much. So instead I am going to the F1 race in Austin, TX Nov 16-18th I have my hotel booked and am on the list for seats at the track. So hopfully it will be fun and the weather will not be bad as I am going to drive down then stop at a relatives home for Thanksgiving on the way home.

Forgot to add we should do a B-dubs meet sometime if the weather stays somewhat nice for those who have their car put away for winter.
Originally Posted by luckyjakob
Congrats on your purchase! I love the color, and I'm sure you'll love the Type-S!

What'd you pick up this time? Or are you gonna make us wait until the next meet?

Easy on the lady! She's new here, give her some space

As for BDubs, I'd be down. Maybe Jorge would even take his Type-S out of the garage to meet up

I just bring the TOY the Devestator will be coming out with the warm weather and hopefully a surprice for all.

I agree Jake give the girl a break. she is the first female that comes to our thread lets not put the fear of
Old 02-14-2012, 05:00 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am a junior now.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by TypeSynicaL
Nice to meet you too, David Glad you like my ride! Oooh, I wanna see your 19's! I promised the dude I bought it from that I'd have 20's on it by spring and I'd show him what it looks like!
IMO some concave 19's with the right offsets and widths is where it's at. Idk what type of wheels you're into, but here's what I'm into lol:

Last edited by SSM4DR; 02-14-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
Old 02-15-2012, 08:19 AM
Just drive...

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
Hey all you Minnesota Acura lovers! I just bought my very first Acura the other day...it's a 2007 Acura TL Type S White Pearl...all the options and navi :wink:

I'm a 29 year old female from St Paul who loves my pedal to the floor :wink: Driving fast is better than an orgasm!!! Hehe
Hi Shailene! Welcome to the group, and congrats on the Type-S purchase!! Can't wait to see your ride in person. I love it that our group continues to expand and more members are willing to meet up!

Cheers!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Just drive...

Originally Posted by Phantom_of_the_Acura
Forgot to add we should do a B-dubs meet sometime if the weather stays somewhat nice for those who have their car put away for winter.
I would even be down for driving up sometime here soon for a B-dubs meet. I know I won't probably pull the TL out of storage yet...but I can drive the classic winter Acura Legend!!

Let me know if you guys pull sometime together!
Old 02-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
TypeSynicaL=
Nice to meet you too, David Glad you like my ride! Oooh, I wanna see your 19's! I promised the dude I bought it from that I'd have 20's on it by spring and I'd show him what it looks like!
Should look into these wheels. They were always my favorite on the TL. Axis Penta's

Old 02-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Pro

If anybody is interested in some nice 18's for a good deal, let me know. My 18's are up FS, specs are: ASA AR2 V2 18x8 +42.
Pictures, just look in my progress thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=808744&page=4
Pm me if you guys have any questions, thanks.
-David.
Edit: in those pictures, I have 15mm spacers on them to bring the offset down to +27 all around.

Last edited by SSM4DR; 02-15-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

I like those a lot. How much for them
The following users liked this post:
SSM4DR (02-16-2012)
Old 02-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey all - I see we've got some new people here too. Welcome!

So... got my car painted back in December from the accident. Then, last Saturday - I get keyed. Know who did it, but nothing I can do (says the cops). Long story short, I get my Conceal and Carry on the 26th, so I can show you my pistol at the next meet

I'm getting too old for vigilante justice. Gotta do it the legal way now, or at least as close to it as I can. Grrrr.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:11 PM
Advanced

Talking

Sorry about the car glow. some people do not have anything to do in their life. they deserve a little pay back
Old 02-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Advanced

Talking

Love those wheels which ones are you getting
Old 02-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by MN07TLS
I would even be down for driving up sometime here soon for a B-dubs meet. I know I won't probably pull the TL out of storage yet...but I can drive the classic winter Acura Legend!!

Let me know if you guys pull sometime together!
I thinkyou TL needs a breath of fresh air.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:14 AM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brian, who the hell would key your car?
Old 02-16-2012, 04:47 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by nate_0022
I like those a lot. How much for them
I just PM you .
Old 02-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Just drive...

Originally Posted by Takata 18
I thinkyou TL needs a breath of fresh air.
I agree; however, she doesn't like sand/salt all up in her grill!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:44 AM
XpressoBeans

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Theres a Type S'r for ya

Hey guys, you see this ad on craigslist?
I had contacted him asking if he wanted to swap my stock rims for his aspecs with some cash money attached and he said the rims would go for no less than 2grand LOL So i passed and got some Ron Jon Inspyre Chrome 19's

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...841908939.html
Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

That guy sure got ripped off in some mods, that's for sure.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:44 PM
XpressoBeans

That guy sure got ripped off in some mods, that's for sure.
No shit dude.
I had the acura dealer install all of my stuff when I bought the car and it didn't cost me nearly that much .

High miles on that car too. But same color as mine
Old 02-16-2012, 01:44 PM
XpressoBeans

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
Hey all - I see we've got some new people here too. Welcome!

So... got my car painted back in December from the accident. Then, last Saturday - I get keyed. Know who did it, but nothing I can do (says the cops). Long story short, I get my Conceal and Carry on the 26th, so I can show you my pistol at the next meet

I'm getting too old for vigilante justice. Gotta do it the legal way now, or at least as close to it as I can. Grrrr.
so you know who did it, but you can't do anything? Thats screwed up? Lover scorned or what?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:50 PM
I like turtles

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by xpressobeans
Hey guys, you see this ad on craigslist?
I had contacted him asking if he wanted to swap my stock rims for his aspecs with some cash money attached and he said the rims would go for no less than 2grand LOL So i passed and got some Ron Jon Inspyre Chrome 19's

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...841908939.html
LOL.. My dad wanted to buy this for my mom as a daily beater... wtf?? I told him that I was going to steal his wheels and bumpers and get them painted NBP.. ha

That dude is nuts though
Old 02-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

It was actually just some random dude at the bar. Keeping the story as short as possible (It's really long, and really weird) - said random guy jumps into the back of my car as I'm stopped. Not parked, just stopped. Me and him have some words, and I get out of my car. He also gets out, and makes an act of aggression towards me. Needless to say, I defend myself and knock him down. Literally, he gets himself up off the ground and takes off running.

Well, it turns out that he is a friend of a friend of a friend of the people that I was following (Basically I was on my way to my friends house) Well, he somehow knew/figured out where I was going and decided to crash the party with about 5 of his friends.

A few scuffles ensue, cops get called and they all leave (before the cops come naturally). Cops get all the info they need, and the next day I see my car got keyed. Called the cops again to file a report, but since I cannot say that I physically saw him/them key in hand - I can't really prove anything. Cops said it was obvious what happened since I was at my friends house when it happened, but from a legal standpoint - he denied it and I can't prove it.

Now there are about 4 pissed off guys that are mad that the cops were called. Only 1 of them was even involved, the other 3 just felt like being bad ass or something. And it appears I hurt the kids ego by knocking him down, because he says I "should watch out". I could care less about the puke myself. I can take care of myself (especially once I start packing...lol), but I can't watch over my car 24/7 when I'm out to eat, or shopping etc.

So... I guess only time will tell what happens. I do know though that if I pay the $840 to get my car repainted, and it gets keyed again - heads are going to roll.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Pro

GLowrdr, wow! Sorry to hear about your car getting keyed. That's just so immature of anybody to do such a thing. Excuse my French, but what a bitch move. GL with getting it fixed though .
Old 02-17-2012, 09:01 AM
I like turtles

It was actually just some random dude at the bar. Keeping the story as short as possible (It's really long, and really weird) - said random guy jumps into the back of my car as I'm stopped. Not parked, just stopped. Me and him have some words, and I get out of my car. He also gets out, and makes an act of aggression towards me. Needless to say, I defend myself and knock him down. Literally, he gets himself up off the ground and takes off running.

Well, it turns out that he is a friend of a friend of a friend of the people that I was following (Basically I was on my way to my friends house) Well, he somehow knew/figured out where I was going and decided to crash the party with about 5 of his friends.

A few scuffles ensue, cops get called and they all leave (before the cops come naturally). Cops get all the info they need, and the next day I see my car got keyed. Called the cops again to file a report, but since I cannot say that I physically saw him/them key in hand - I can't really prove anything. Cops said it was obvious what happened since I was at my friends house when it happened, but from a legal standpoint - he denied it and I can't prove it.

Now there are about 4 pissed off guys that are mad that the cops were called. Only 1 of them was even involved, the other 3 just felt like being bad ass or something. And it appears I hurt the kids ego by knocking him down, because he says I "should watch out". I could care less about the puke myself. I can take care of myself (especially once I start packing...lol), but I can't watch over my car 24/7 when I'm out to eat, or shopping etc.

So... I guess only time will tell what happens. I do know though that if I pay the $840 to get my car repainted, and it gets keyed again - heads are going to roll.
You should check if your insurance covers it. Some kids were messing around my gf's house and threw rocks at us and ended up hitting her car and scraping the hood pretty bad. Cops were called, police report filed, and insurance is taking care of the damage because it was caused by someone else... Might be worth looking into
Old 02-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

I actually did call my agent to discuss a few things. Technically, being under $1000 - this wouldn't even affect my rates (I've got a $500 deductible). The problem that I run into is kind of a catch 22. I've got a really good record (clean for 10+ years), but I got a speed last April, and another last month. Well, I'm in a bracket right now that my insurance will not run my driving record because I'm not a risk. This means that the 2 tickets I have will not hit my insurance because they will not find out.

Problem being, if I file a claim - that automatically prompts for them to pull a record. I supposed it's their way of recouping claim damage. So, I pay a $500 deductible and get my car fixed, but I aslo get 2 tickets on my record. Otherwise I just pay the extra 300 out of pocket, and my rates stay low for 3 years.

I'm still waiting for the police sgt to call me back. They must work a 4 on, 3 off, 3 on, 4off schedule because they day I called, he was off for the next 4. I'll ask him what I should do to get this taken care of, without having any retaliation. I'll eat it if I must, but there better be some kind of commitment that it won't happen again, or that I can persue reimbursment if it does.

I've even thought of installing a front/rear wide angle dash cam type thing. Not necessarily just for this instance, but my TL got hit in a lot once and I ended up eating that one too. I'm sure it can be had for 2-300. It would be a great little insurance policy to have your car under 24/7 survelliance for when shit does happen. Only take 1 time to pay for itself. Not to mention, I see so much crazy shit when I'm driving around - sometimes I wish I could show someone when I get back home. lol

Last edited by GLowrdr; 02-17-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:32 AM
XpressoBeans

Thumbs down

I actually did call my agent to discuss a few things. Technically, being under $1000 - this wouldn't even affect my rates (I've got a $500 deductible). The problem that I run into is kind of a catch 22. I've got a really good record (clean for 10+ years), but I got a speed last April, and another last month. Well, I'm in a bracket right now that my insurance will not run my driving record because I'm not a risk. This means that the 2 tickets I have will not hit my insurance because they will not find out.

Problem being, if I file a claim - that automatically prompts for them to pull a record. I supposed it's their way of recouping claim damage. So, I pay a $500 deductible and get my car fixed, but I aslo get 2 tickets on my record. Otherwise I just pay the extra 300 out of pocket, and my rates stay low for 3 years.

I'm still waiting for the police sgt to call me back. They must work a 4 on, 3 off, 3 on, 4off schedule because they day I called, he was off for the next 4. I'll ask him what I should do to get this taken care of, without having any retaliation. I'll eat it if I must, but there better be some kind of commitment that it won't happen again, or that I can persue reimbursment if it does.

I've even thought of installing a front/rear wide angle dash cam type thing. Not necessarily just for this instance, but my TL got hit in a lot once and I ended up eating that one too. I'm sure it can be had for 2-300. It would be a great little insurance policy to have your car under 24/7 survelliance for when shit does happen. Only take 1 time to pay for itself. Not to mention, I see so much crazy shit when I'm driving around - sometimes I wish I could show someone when I get back home. lol
Damn man, thats crazy shit! I am sorry that this dude was being a douche! So he jumped in your car while you were stopped? I hate bar people. That blows about your car insurance rates and the speeding ticket issue. I know that I had a brand new xterra that got keyed by my ex from side to side and front to back, thing had less than 400 miles on it and had to get a brand new paint job, dude scratched it so deep they had to sand it down to the metal and start over. People taking it out on cars is such a petty thing to do. Trust, if someone keyed my car heads would roll...
Old 02-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Yeah, I was actually getting ready to pull out of the parking lot, but some cars were coming so I had to stop and wait for them to pass. Before I could go, I had an extra passenger.

I'm actually surprised at my level of "oh well, shit happens" in this situation. Though it's been 10+ years for a ticket, I can't say that I've never been to jail (or that it was once, or that it was more than 10 years ago..lol). Generally I'm all about making some shit happen. Just trying to grow up and live my life. It's so much easier without all the drama. That kind of crap just tends to eat at your soul after awhile when anytime your phone rings and you don't recognize the number - you have to wonder who wants you for what.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MN07TLS
Hi Shailene! Welcome to the group, and congrats on the Type-S purchase!! Can't wait to see your ride in person. I love it that our group continues to expand and more members are willing to meet up!

Cheers!
Thanks for the welcome! I'm excited to be here and can't wait to learn

Should look into these wheels. They were always my favorite on the TL. Axis Penta's

Oooh those are nice! I think I want more shinyness...

Originally Posted by SSM4DR
IMO some concave 19's with the right offsets and widths is where it's at. Idk what type of wheels you're into, but here's what I'm into lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44VjCqEGI6g
Cool video!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Greetings to all from Israel ! Im out here on vacation and a bit of work, weather is wonderful and everything is really nice, March 10th im flying out to Thailand for 3-4 months and hoping to be back sometime in July !
Hoping the weather is easy on you guys and on the rides haha !
Old 02-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Pro

Cool video!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for taking your time to actually watch the whole video. It's like porn to me lol. I'm kidding, speaking of that. I just had a dream that Tila Tequila was my gf and she was cooking me some bomb ass Vietnamese food LMAO! But yeah, I like being different with my car.
The following users liked this post:
TypeSynicaL (02-17-2012)
Old 02-17-2012, 03:13 PM
I like turtles

That really sucks! Hopefully it all gets sorted out soon and doesn't happen again. I would kill someone for even scratching my car, let alone keying her! You handled that situation a lot better than I.. and I give you props for that lol

On another note... Let's get a BDubs meet going!! Hopefully you babies will take your whips out next month when the risk of it "snowing" is minimal... I want me some wings!
Old 02-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

First weekend in March? I could use some wings too! I'm busy next weekend. How about anyone else?
Old 02-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry ive been gone! but im down for meet the first weekend of march as i will be on vacation. but i bring you guys pictures..... at last. sorry if they turn out on the bigger side. Ha! we gotta get every one back together for this meet.

and the goods!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Pro

Hey guys, here's an update on my 18's that's up for sale: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...855557652.html
Unfortunately the tires on it are not in the best condition like I had stated in the description. The two bad ones where the ones I had in the rear, went bad because of negative toe when I was lowered 3 inches all around .

The Original plan was to replace those two bad tires and put them back on the car in the Spring. But I had saved up enough to pick up the 19's I wanted. I would love to keep these and run them in the Winter with snow tires put on them, but I already have snow tires on my stock 17's. So I have no use for them, just asking: $500.00 firm.

Last edited by SSM4DR; 02-18-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by blktl04
sorry ive been gone! but im down for meet the first weekend of march as i will be on vacation. but i bring you guys pictures..... at last. sorry if they turn out on the bigger side. Ha! we gotta get every one back together for this meet.
Mike it's nice seeing pictures of your new ride since you don't really post pictures . Anyhow hope you been good, long time no see. I was just telling my brother the other day that you traded your TL in for the Trail brazer SS, he told me to say:wassup to you whenever I come on the forum.
Edit: Michael (CRV_33) over at v6 .net just told me a few days back that he gotten a new whip too.

Last edited by SSM4DR; 02-18-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by GivatiTL
Greetings to all from Israel ! Im out here on vacation and a bit of work, weather is wonderful and everything is really nice, March 10th im flying out to Thailand for 3-4 months and hoping to be back sometime in July !
Hoping the weather is easy on you guys and on the rides haha !
The ride is stored but the weather her has been marvelous the total snow fall is only 16". and we are in the middle of Feb. It is practically Summer.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:56 PM
I like turtles

First weekend in March? I could use some wings too! I'm busy next weekend. How about anyone else?
I'd be down for a meet the first weekend in March.. Even if some of us don't take their rides out (ahem... Jorge..).

How does that weekend sound to everyone else?
Old 02-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

.................................................. ........
Old 02-18-2012, 11:52 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
.................................................. ........

Well is good to hear from you to DOMINICAN. You have become a man of a few words.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:56 AM
Pro

Here's an event I've been waiting for. Event: Boost for boobies, place: MAP Performance, Date: April 28th 2012. I think I'll enter my car in the Show N Shine deal. They will also be doing dyno runs all day and all the money they make or money you spend gets donated . Here's last year's event coverage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=g-OrY-WsxHY

Last edited by SSM4DR; 02-19-2012 at 01:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras