Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:35 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wonder what it is with Acura windows? Do any other cars pretty much have a "need" for moleskin? It's like the doors are the jaws of life or something.

That's why I never got my windows tinted. Didn't want the extra maint.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:56 AM
I like turtles

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Takata 18
Jake Did you try the Silicon spray?
I haven't tried it yet Jorge. I will probably try it this weekend or something. It isn't a big deal to me as I rarely roll my windows down in the winter, but it is something that I'll need to figure out
Old 01-31-2012, 08:58 AM
I like turtles

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
I wonder what it is with Acura windows? Do any other cars pretty much have a "need" for moleskin? It's like the doors are the jaws of life or something.

I've never had issue with my tint being extra maintenance. Nothing like this has ever happened and my last 3 cars had tinted windows.

To me, tinted windows are a necessity. They make the car look so much better with such a small thing being done. They also keep it cooled in the summer.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
Anyone have access to Carfax?
Old 01-31-2012, 04:28 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by luckyjakob
I've never had issue with my tint being extra maintenance. Nothing like this has ever happened and my last 3 cars had tinted windows.

To me, tinted windows are a necessity. They make the car look so much better with such a small thing being done. They also keep it cooled in the summer.
Were your last 3 cars Acuras though? Mine are currently tinted. Just never got the TL done
Old 01-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
Look what came in the mail today!! Let the quad retrofit begin.

Old 01-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Boosted...

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Not sure if this is common or not, but my passenger side window doesn't seem to want to roll up sometimes.. I noticed it on Saturday night, rolled the pass window down to say something to my gf, and it wouldn't roll up.. Was quite annoying driving home with a window down when it was snowing. Got home, got it up, next day, same thing...

After I roll it down, i'll try to roll it up, but it acts like something is triggering the sensor, as if something is "blocking" the window from going up, then it rolls back down. My thought was maybe ice/snow got in there somehow, but after having the car in a heated garage for 12+ hours, it did the same thing.. any thoughts?
There is a bulletin for this issue, it applies to 04-08 tl's (includes type S) here the break down...

SYMPTOM
When going up or down, the front door glass stops and
reverses, shudders, or makes noise.

PROBABLE CAUSE
There’s excessive friction in the glass run channel
caused by the door glass inner weatherstrip, or there’s
a problem in the door glass regulator.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Depending on the diagnosis, replace the door glass
inner weatherstrip, the door glass run channel, or the
door glass regulator.

I personally have seen all 3 issue's separately so here is the quick test. remove inner door panel, if that fixes the problem then its the inner weatherstrip. Next spray the run channels with Silicone spray, if that fixes it then you need the door glass run channel. If neither one fixes it the it's time for a door glass regulator.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:11 PM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

I have my windows tinted without moleskin and they're holding up very well .
Old 01-31-2012, 07:12 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by bouncer07
He should try the key fob before the spray. Hold the key, all windows down, roll all windows up. If your passenger goes up, repeat. It may just needs to be reset. Lubing should be next, and if it all fails, get a new regulator. All I'm saying. I love tomatoes, keep em coming, lol.
The information I gave Jake is from personal experience. One of the guys that is in our thread works for Acura he told me to do this when mine was giving me problems. I was trying to save himself some money and not go buy a new motor like you suggested.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:15 PM
Advanced

Talking

Hey Glow I didn't have moleskin on mine never had a problem
Old 01-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Boosted...

Originally Posted by nate_0022
Look what came in the mail today!! Let the quad retrofit begin.
What are you going to run for shrouds?
And are you using these for high beams or projector DRL's?
Old 01-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
I'm using the stock shroud on my headlights. I've seen a few done already, doesn't look to bad. I'm going to be running these and my TL's at the same time, so I'll have two sets of high beams from the TL's an the Minis. As far as DRLs go I'll be putting my other set of angel eyes in and running that to a switch. I don't know how to do that part. Me< wiring.

Last edited by nate_0022; 01-31-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 06:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
The information I gave Jake is from personal experience. One of the guys that is in our thread works for Acura he told me to do this when mine was giving me problems. I was trying to save himself some money and not go buy a new motor like you suggested.
I wasn't saying I was right or that you were wrong. Forums up for information and you gave one perspective and I gave one view. So of course he should be trying to solve the problem out before getting a motor if all else fails.

Last edited by bouncer07; 02-01-2012 at 06:59 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:01 PM
Scott

Received 156 Likes on 151 Posts
Hey twin cities acuras, just saying hi and im looking forward to a summer meet......
Old 02-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by LawnPro
Hey twin cities acuras, just saying hi and im looking forward to a summer meet......
Hey what is up me too. We have had a easy winter but I want to get my car out of hibernation.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Scott

Hey what is up me too. We have had a easy winter but I want to get my car out of hibernation.
Yeah i haven't worked much because of the lack of snow. It sounds like you store your TL for the whole winter? I only take mine out in winter when there's not a ton of salt on the roads.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Just drive...

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
Hey, what's up! Nice ride!

Can't wait for some Spring/Summer meets as well! There's a big meet that will take place probably in June again down in Kansas City. You should think about coming to that one. Hopefully we have a few more people this year from MN to represent! Ahem...JORGE!!!
Old 02-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by MN07TLS
Hey, what's up! Nice ride!

Can't wait for some Spring/Summer meets as well! There's a big meet that will take place probably in June again down in Kansas City. You should think about coming to that one. Hopefully we have a few more people this year from MN to represent! Ahem...JORGE!!!
Yes that would be a blast just like in 2010. I am hoping to attend this year.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Scott

Sweet! That sounds like alot of fun driving down to the Kansas City meet. So is it just a one day trip, or do you guys plan for a weekend.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:47 AM
I like turtles

Yes that would be a blast just like in 2010. I am hoping to attend this year.
You better be going Jorge..
Old 02-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Just drive...

Sweet! That sounds like alot of fun driving down to the Kansas City meet. So is it just a one day trip, or do you guys plan for a weekend.
The last couple years we have made a weekend out of it. Usually leave early Friday morning, and then come back on Monday. They'll have a cruise/dinner on Sat night in KC, and then the show is on Sunday.

Some people stay all weekend, some just come for the show. I guess it all depends on people's work schedules and commitments elsewhere.

Exactly!! Or else!!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:48 PM
XpressoBeans

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
245/35/19 tires

Hey guys, picked up a pair of INSPYRE 19 chrome rims with some decent TOYO Proxes4 but was curious if that is the tires i should stick with?

Any recommendations? I saw that there is a closeout on TireRack on some Goodyear f1's or General GMax for 183 I read a LOT about the conti dws Suggestions? I don't drive er in the wintertime.

Also, I used to live in KC, thats where my TL came from. Its a short 6 hour drive and the meets there are FUN. I didn't care much for JayWolfe Acura though where I bought mine...
Old 02-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Scott

Six hour drive isnt bad, i always thought KC was farther south than it actually is. Good to know! So is Steven Bell the mod that puts the meet together?
Old 02-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Boosted...

Originally Posted by xpressobeans
Hey guys, picked up a pair of INSPYRE 19 chrome rims with some decent TOYO Proxes4 but was curious if that is the tires i should stick with?

Any recommendations? I saw that there is a closeout on TireRack on some Goodyear f1's or General GMax for 183 I read a LOT about the conti dws Suggestions? I don't drive er in the wintertime.
Did you get the 7.5's or the 8.5's, that will make a big difference on tire width for sure. The size you got is good for the 8.5's and close to a stock diameter. So if they are decent in tread i would just run them, but if they are junk and your buying new rubber anyways i would go with something else. Not sure what your plans are for the car, but the potenza RE-11's or Yoko Advan's are sweet and have lots of grip. The F1's are defiantly more budget friendly and i would choose them over the Gmax for sure.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Advanced

Talking

Yes like I said I would like to go specially if we get a group to go together and come back together. I just have to look at the economics of the trip.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Advanced

Talking

Six hour drive isnt bad, i always thought KC was farther south than it actually is. Good to know! So is Steven Bell the mod that puts the meet together?
Yes the drive is not bad. It alot of fun if you cruz with a group and walky-talkies. Makes it not so boring.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:41 PM
I like turtles

Also, I used to live in KC, thats where my TL came from. Its a short 6 hour drive and the meets there are FUN. I didn't care much for JayWolfe Acura though where I bought mine...
I have a set of Yoko YK520's on my 18's now and had a set on my old car.. I like them a lot, never had a problem with tread wearing too fast, even when I rocked them in the winter.. Conti DWS' are good, but if you're only driving it in the summer, I would steer away from an all-season, and go with more of a performance tire.. Just my

Yes like I said I would like to go specially if we get a group to go together and come back together. I just have to look at the economics of the trip.
Well I already told you I'm going, and have clearance from the girl, so you better not waste a free weekend of mine! Gotta cherish those while you got em! I'd also be willing to split a hotel room with ya if you wanted to go halfsies on it.. My only requirement is 2 beds and you DO NOT sneak into my bed middle of the night haha
Old 02-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Advanced

I have a set of Yoko YK520's on my 18's now and had a set on my old car.. I like them a lot, never had a problem with tread wearing too fast, even when I rocked them in the winter.. Conti DWS' are good, but if you're only driving it in the summer, I would steer away from an all-season, and go with more of a performance tire.. Just my

Well I already told you I'm going, and have clearance from the girl, so you better not waste a free weekend of mine! Gotta cherish those while you got em! I'd also be willing to split a hotel room with ya if you wanted to go halfsies on it.. My only requirement is 2 beds and you DO NOT sneak into my bed middle of the night haha
That sounds great. I will seriously try the only way to go is split the hotel. By the way yes two beds is a must. You are safe with me is the other crowd you have to worry about.:theghey:
Old 02-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Advanced

Talking

You have to make it a 3or 4 day weekend
Old 02-03-2012, 10:26 AM
XpressoBeans

Originally Posted by WBA-01
Did you get the 7.5's or the 8.5's, that will make a big difference on tire width for sure. The size you got is good for the 8.5's and close to a stock diameter. So if they are decent in tread i would just run them, but if they are junk and your buying new rubber anyways i would go with something else. Not sure what your plans are for the car, but the potenza RE-11's or Yoko Advan's are sweet and have lots of grip. The F1's are defiantly more budget friendly and i would choose them over the Gmax for sure.
Hey there, Sorry I have the 8.5 size.
The only real plans I have for it is spring/summer/fall driving. She sits in the wintertime. I am above the age of having to "peel out" to show off, so I just want a sharp looking tire on my fat rims that has nice tread and decent ride. I am currently running the BFGs KDWS

Thanks for the info!

Joel.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:27 AM
XpressoBeans

Yea its about 404 miles straight down i35. Odd, so close yet a 20 degree difference usually. Makes me miss it sometimes
Old 02-03-2012, 11:50 AM
I like turtles

That sounds great. I will seriously try the only way to go is split the hotel. By the way yes two beds is a must. You are safe with me is the other crowd you have to worry about.:theghey:
You have to make it a 3or 4 day weekend
I'd be down to split it then. And I'd be cool with a 3-4 day weekend. I've never been down there, so it'd be a good time

And haha Jorge.. Glad we've got that cleared up!!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:07 PM
XpressoBeans

I'd be down to split it then. And I'd be cool with a 3-4 day weekend. I've never been down there, so it'd be a good time

And haha Jorge.. Glad we've got that cleared up!!
Make sure to check out Oklahoma Joes and get the Zman sandwich. A-Mazing.. Drool
Old 02-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Just drive...

Make sure to check out Oklahoma Joes and get the Zman sandwich. A-Mazing.. Drool
Ha! We actually ate at Oklahoma Joes when we got down there last time!

Yes, Steven is the one that puts together the event and does an awesome job!
Old 02-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Advanced

Talking

Hey there, Sorry I have the 8.5 size.
The only real plans I have for it is spring/summer/fall driving. She sits in the wintertime. I am above the age of having to "peel out" to show off, so I just want a sharp looking tire on my fat rims that has nice tread and decent ride. I am currently running the BFGs KDWS

Thanks for the info!

Joel.
Those are great tires I had them on my 04 TL and I loved them
Old 02-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Advanced

Talking

Yo!!! Superbowl tomorrow what is everyone doing.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
Thanks for asking, we're just doing a family gathering/pot lot type thing over here. Probably head in to work Monday with a hangover lol. What about you?

On a different subject, I've been waiting my own tools for the longest time and today I finally started my small tool collection . Starting my tool collection out with the Craftsman 154 piece mechanics tool set. Eventually in time the collection will get bigger and bigger.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:56 PM
Just drive...

Just hanging out at home with the wife...keepin' it low key. Got all the yummy snack food ready to go!
Old 02-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by SSM4DR
Thanks for asking, we're just doing a family gathering/pot lot type thing over here. Probably head in to work Monday with a hangover lol. What about you?

On a different subject, I've been waiting my own tools for the longest time and today I finally started my small tool collection . Starting my tool collection out with the Craftsman 154 piece mechanics tool set. Eventually in time the collection will get bigger and bigger.
Just my family and I munchies and enjoying the game Thanks.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:34 PM
Advanced

Talking

Hey all you doughters GO GIANTS Super Bowl Champions.

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras