Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^ Technically it is both personal and police issue. When you join the Honolulu Police department you spend your first 5 years driving around in a blue and white. Then, depending on seniority, You get a $500 dollar a month car allowance to purchase a vehicle for your patrols. They want you to pay it off in 3 years because every 3 years you need to buy a new one. Once it is paid off it is yours to keep. Its part of their benefits package.

This particular car is a district sergeants car. He also had a baby seat in the back, if you cant see it in the picture,I dont doubt that his car is lowered with a few mods as well becasue street racing is so big in Hawaii there is a street racing task force (or at least there was one before i moved to Minnesota) and they all drive tricked out cars so they can keep up with the street racers.

When i was growing up, the more popular cars for police were Mustang 5.0, Mustang GT,Camaro SS, Impala SS and Grand Nationals. They were ALL fast fucking cars. Now they are moving towards imports (gas mileage). Alot of the police there also own SUV's as their patrol car.

Last edited by Evil_Pineapple; 09-09-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:50 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by asujosh1
Hey, if anyone is looking to upgrade from the TL to a more sporty car, I'm selling the scoobaru. Here's a link to the ad on CL

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hn...937161058.html
Any bidders on the Scoob yet??

Originally Posted by Phantom_of_the_Acura
With Glow and Josh selling thier cars I think we should try for a group meet this weekend. Nothing big just lunch at the BW3 on Snelling and Hwy 36 say around noon.
I am assuming this meet never happened lol I would have been down, BUT White Heat is still out of order I agree though that we need to have a meet soon, especially before Winter hits!

Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
Here are a couple of pictures I took of a police car while i was in Hawaii....
It looks like the 5-0 ride in style down in Hawaii

Originally Posted by Vtecstyle
Im new here
Hello fellow Acura owners.
Name is John, From Golden valley MN but now i live in Mankato, I am 23 years old. Love Honda/Acuras, My summer car is 2001 Honda s2000, I just got a 2004 TSX, and my race weekend warrior car is a 95 honda civic CX hatch back with a big turbo and built b16 engine. Fun cars.

Well some more about the car:
2004 NightHawk black pearl
Auto
black leather
factory wheels been powder coated black
20% tint.
lowered on eibach springs
1.comptech header
2 comptech exhaust
Both items been removed

01 s2000 GPW
red the black leather
custom sidewinder turbo manifold
Stealthmode oil lines
tial 38mm wg
vortech water to air intercooler
vortech bov
garrett 60 trim
780cc rc injectors
255lph walbro
Garrett 60 trim turbo
AEM EMS
Spoon exhaust
Runs on e85

Welcome! Nice whips! Do you have any pics of the Civic??

You bought chokin's whip. Here is the page he posted on when he first informed us he was selling it: http://tiny.cc/zz6oi.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Punctuation Nazi

So far I have someone that wants to come down from Bemidji this weekend to look at it, so that's promising but I don't have cash in hand so it's not sold yet.

If any of your peeps want it, lemme know. If I don't sell it's not the end of the world, but if I can move it I will.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:48 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

So far I have someone that wants to come down from Bemidji this weekend to look at it, so that's promising but I don't have cash in hand so it's not sold yet.

If any of your peeps want it, lemme know. If I don't sell it's not the end of the world, but if I can move it I will.
Why are you selling it?
Old 09-09-2010, 04:59 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ Technically it is both personal and police issue. When you join the Honolulu Police department you spend your first 5 years driving around in a blue and white. Then, depending on seniority, You get a $500 dollar a month car allowance to purchase a vehicle for your patrols. They want you to pay it off in 3 years because every 3 years you need to buy a new one. Once it is paid off it is yours to keep. Its part of their benefits package.

This particular car is a district sergeants car. He also had a baby seat in the back, if you cant see it in the picture,I dont doubt that his car is lowered with a few mods as well becasue street racing is so big in Hawaii there is a street racing task force (or at least there was one before i moved to Minnesota) and they all drive tricked out cars so they can keep up with the street racers.

When i was growing up, the more popular cars for police were Mustang 5.0, Mustang GT,Camaro SS, Impala SS and Grand Nationals. They were ALL fast fucking cars. Now they are moving towards imports (gas mileage). Alot of the police there also own SUV's as their patrol car.
Hey Pineapple, I posted one of those pics on G Driver and I actually got a PM from the guy saying that that was his car and if i'd like any specifics on why they use personal vehicles.

I asked him about it and I'll let you know what he says. Very cool hes on there.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:22 PM
8th Gear

I got a response back with some info and that is really cool that they are allowed to do that! Also cool you got to meet him. Nice!
Old 09-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by WannabeG
I got a response back with some info and that is really cool that they are allowed to do that! Also cool you got to meet him. Nice!
Thanks for the teaser I wanna know what he said lol.
Old 09-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by WannabeG
Hey Pineapple, I posted one of those pics on G Driver and I actually got a PM from the guy saying that that was his car and if i'd like any specifics on why they use personal vehicles.

I asked him about it and I'll let you know what he says. Very cool hes on there.
That is pretty cool.... He was a super cool dude. He was more than happy to let me take a picture of his car.

Originally Posted by Carmodifier
Thanks for the teaser I wanna know what he said lol.
Ya no shit... what did he say?
Old 09-10-2010, 06:43 AM
The cake is a lie.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Carmodifier
I am assuming this meet never happened lol I would have been down, BUT White Heat is still out of order I agree though that we need to have a meet soon, especially before Winter hits!
Actually it is tomorrow so you haven't missed out yet. Just a reminder 12 noon tomorrow for lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings on Snelling just south of Hwy 36. Dont let me be the only one to show like the time 05TLRIDER drove all the way up to Coon Rapids to meet Glow, Lusid and myself and only I showed.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:50 AM
B A N N E D

Hey guys what do you say about a meet! Last one for this hear, I'm from Chicago and maybe we can get some Wisconsin guys and meet somewhere half way
Old 09-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Actually it is tomorrow so you haven't missed out yet. Just a reminder 12 noon tomorrow for lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings on Snelling just south of Hwy 36. Dont let me be the only one to show like the time 05TLRIDER drove all the way up to Coon Rapids to meet Glow, Lusid and myself and only I showed.

I could show but i have my baby, If you all don't mind.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:17 PM
6th Gear

thanks guys As for power on the s2000 not to sure yet just got it boosted. shooting for mid 300s low 400s will see. yeah thats the same car. we actually got it for a really good deal. Guy is super nice.
the civic isnt pretty just the engine that counts.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:18 PM
6th Gear

OH HEY ANYONE KNOW OF 04-05 tl wheels for sale just the wheels no tires.!!!!! I want to get some and put them on either the s2000 or the tsx
Old 09-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Well guys I got T bone esterday going to work. I was so f@#k&*g pissed. A 18 year old tiny boper from WBLHS. She told the police that she did not see me.: I do beleif she was TEXTING. Thats why I hate F#$^K*NG texting. They should make a law that you get caught texting while driving you lose your license for a year just like they do to DUI drivers. So my car could be total. Glow did you sell your car maybe I will take it out of your hands.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by MyTL09
Hey guys what do you say about a meet! Last one for this hear, I'm from Chicago and maybe we can get some Wisconsin guys and meet somewhere half way
Well look what the cat drug in! How's it goin' MyTL09!? Looong time no talk! I agree, we should get the Fall meet planned. I would be cool with meeting somewhere in Wisconsin...
Old 09-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Takata 18
Well guys I got T bone esterday going to work. I was so f@#k&*g pissed. A 18 year old tiny boper from WBLHS. She told the police that she did not see me.: I do beleif she was TEXTING. Thats why I hate F#$^K*NG texting. They should make a law that you get caught texting while driving you lose your license for a year just like they do to DUI drivers. So my car could be total. Glow did you sell your car maybe I will take it out of your hands.
Damn Jorge! How are you feeling?? The car can be replaced, you can't! My brother was recently involved in a head-on collision. The cause of the accident, the lady driving the other car was texting and drifted right into his lane Here's some pics of his car:

I hate to ask, but do you have any pics of the damage? BTW Jorge, you had a beautiful car!
Old 09-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Damn dude... im sorry to hear that. glad your ok man
Old 09-11-2010, 12:54 AM
Advanced

Damn dude... im sorry to hear that. glad your ok man
Thanks man. I have no pictures yet. My back and shoulders are really in pain. My knee the one I had surgery on, in July is very sore.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:50 AM
6th Gear

call me i can help u fight that
Old 09-11-2010, 09:51 AM
fu

Jorge that sucks. Have you started to think what you'll do if it's totaled?
And yeah you deff had one of the cleanest TL's, that's bogus
Old 09-11-2010, 10:20 AM
Racer

Sorry to hear about the accident Jorge. I'm glad you're just sore and not something worse...like sitting in the hospital or something.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:22 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

I don't know if anyone showed up at BWW in Roseville today but i drove around the parking lot and did not see any Acura's. I had my kid and he was sleeping so i didn't want to wake him and go into BWW and no one be there so i left.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:05 PM
The cake is a lie.

I don't know if anyone showed up at BWW in Roseville today but i drove around the parking lot and did not see any Acura's. I had my kid and he was sleeping so i didn't want to wake him and go into BWW and no one be there so i left.
I was there sitting in my car watching for someone to show up from 11:50-12:30 and I didn't see you. I was parked by the entrance by Plato's Closet.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

I was there sitting in my car watching for someone to show up from 11:50-12:30 and I didn't see you. I was parked by the entrance by Plato's Closet.

You must have left right when i got there... I think i showed up right at 12:30. I drove around for about 15min and didn't see anyone... Why is it so hard to get people to commit?

Im gonna check out that car show at the applevalley ford dealer tomorrow if anyone else wants to go
Old 09-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Punctuation Nazi

So, this is why the Scooby-doo had to go...

Yes that's her peeking around the back of the BMW, and that's Jorge helping me get her all shined up.

Last edited by asujosh1; 09-11-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Instructor

You must have left right when i got there... I think i showed up right at 12:30. I drove around for about 15min and didn't see anyone... Why is it so hard to get people to commit?

Im gonna check out that car show at the applevalley ford dealer tomorrow if anyone else wants to go
I had to work today, even though I am sick. Coughing, runny noise, high fever, and achy body are not a good combo when working in retail Besides, my car will still be out of commission for awhile

By your word tense, I take it the guy from Bemidji bought the Scoob. Nice beamer BTW!
Old 09-12-2010, 07:58 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Driving it up to Rogers to meet them in a couple of hours. We'll be sad to see her go, she has been awesome to us.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:23 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Nice car Josh! So you have your other one officially sold then, or are they meeting up to look at it?

Although mine isn't in my driveway being polished up quite yet - I have the wife's blessing to buy this identical car come spring:

Old 09-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Nope, she's sold. I'm not coming back with her. I just loaded her up with all of the spare parts and tires/wheels that I had for her and she's chock full of stuff. I still have a bunch that couldn't fit and had to go in the murderwagon, hope the girl buying her has room in the car dropping her off, she's gonna need it.

That the Firehawk TA? With the actually functioning ram-air nostrils? That thing's going to be a beast!

Whatever happened to your friend with the souped-up Fiesta?
Old 09-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

lol - that's Luke. He's around. I was actually with him last night. He's got another car, but it's still a work in progress.

As for the car - I'm looking at the WS6 (or Firehawk). So yeah, the ram air is a must. The car just doesn't look the same without. I've seen a few that have just replaced the hood without the guts under the hood. But that's like me putting the aspec kit on my car and trying to say it's aspec. Missing the inside parts which can be argueably more important.

This is what I'm excited about with that car though - 335 horsepower, 5.7L, LS1 V8 engine with 350 ft./lbs. of torque stock.

I'm hoping for a white one like pictured, but I would also take red or black. Either way I go, I will be getting the speedsters for the back. That car pictured was completely stock, with the addition of the speedsters - so it won't be hard to replicate.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:50 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Yes that's her peeking around the back of the BMW, and that's Jorge helping me get her all shined up.

Well.. if you have to own a grocery getter it might as well be one like this...
Old 09-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Just drive...

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
Damn Jorge...that sucks!!! Agree that texting is ridiculous when you are driving! Glad that you are okay! Keep us posted....
Old 09-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Well.. if you have to own a grocery getter it might as well be one like this...
Twin turbo straight six, when I get the groceries, the ice cream doesn't melt on the way home.
Old 09-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Honda Noob

Nice wagon Josh! I guess I have missed a lot ha.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:08 AM
The cake is a lie.

How did I miss you again? Me and my dad were at that car show showing his Mustang Bullitt. I saw an Acura parked in the Ford lot behind SA and thought that it looked like yours.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

How did I miss you again? Me and my dad were at that car show showing his Mustang Bullitt. I saw an Acura parked in the Ford lot behind SA and thought that it looked like yours.
Ya that was my car... I was there with my girl and our son. Was your dads Bullitt the one with the Steve McQueen picture or the other one?
Old 09-13-2010, 04:49 PM
8th Gear

That is pretty cool.... He was a super cool dude. He was more than happy to let me take a picture of his car.

Ya no shit... what did he say?
Basically the same thing you did. hahaha
Damn Jorge!! That sucks hardcore. Your car was VERY clean. I hope it goes well with the insurance.

DAMN! I LOVE wagons, and i especially love the 5 series wagon. Suck a sick car and with the twin turbo, mmm. What do you have planned for it??
Originally Posted by GLowrdr
Nice car Josh! So you have your other one officially sold then, or are they meeting up to look at it?

Although mine isn't in my driveway being polished up quite yet - I have the wife's blessing to buy this identical car come spring:

Thing is siiiiick. Gotta get some pipes on it as soon as you have one in your driveway.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:26 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

WannabeG.... What is that cops screen name on G35Driver?
Old 09-14-2010, 12:05 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by MN07TLS
Damn Jorge...that sucks!!! Agree that texting is ridiculous when you are driving! Glad that you are okay! Keep us posted....
Thanks I do not know but I think it might be total. I am looking at a Type -S if it is or a 335I.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:07 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vtecstyle
call me i can help u fight that
I need you Phone PM it to me.

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras