Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 07:56 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, I say a trip to the Auto Show this weekend. Get some food since we r already downtown. I know it's a short notice but it could count as a mini spring meet except indoors. I am down for Sat or Sun. Preferably Saturday.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:24 AM
The cake is a lie.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by youie99
Guys, I say a trip to the Auto Show this weekend. Get some food since we r already downtown. I know it's a short notice but it could count as a mini spring meet except indoors. I am down for Sat or Sun. Preferably Saturday.
Sounds fun I already have my Private Auto Show Tour tickets for me and my dad. We did the private tour last year and for what it is it was it was too expensive at $55.00 per person but this year they lowered it to $35.00 per person and I think that is a good deal. My tickets are for next Saturday, March 16th. What they do is you MUST get there between 8-8:15am then they break you into groups of 5-10 and for an hour and a half you pretty much have the entire auto show to yourself and the tour guide asks what you're interested in and can give detailed info about the cars if you want to know more. It is really worth the $35.00 as you get your admission, parking and a gift bag for that price. I'd like it if we could get a group of Aziner's for the show because the tour is only as fun as you make it and if you're in a group with a bunch of people you already know it makes it more fun. Here is the link to buy the Private Tour tickets remember to pick Saturday March 16th as the day you want your private tour.
https://secure.interactiveticketing.com/a/7a90f4
Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by nate_0022
Oh yes they do!
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/different-color-type-s-tail-lights-799404/

The guy in the thread had two different color oem type s tails.
If you go to a Acura parts catalog there is only one part number for the Tails. If they have two colors the have to give it a different part number. O your link here they are talking about the Depot.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:59 AM
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Selling Valentine v1 radar detector. I Cant post on blackmarket yet so txt me im in mn! 612-803-0412
Old 03-09-2013, 05:23 PM
Boosted...

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I just wanted to pop on and say I'm still alive, I have been overly commited to Family and checked out on everything else. It's nothing against anyone here, I just need some time with the kiddo's. Once we get to the end of march (end of basketball season) I'll be more available. I know i'm planning on going to Boost for Boobies this spring, and the Fast & Furious Car Show/Movie Release event as well. The Auto Show i find to be super lame, we don't get anything here that you can't stop at any dealer and go see. But if you do end up going let me know what you guys think of those new RLX's.

Also as far as type s tail lights, there is 3 different ones that i have seen. The 07's are a different part number than the 08's, but i have seen dark & light chrome on the same part number's. I think it has to do with the process of anodizing that they do to them, some get darker than others.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:32 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by WBA-01
I just wanted to pop on and say I'm still alive, I have been overly commited to Family and checked out on everything else. It's nothing against anyone here, I just need some time with the kiddo's. Once we get to the end of march (end of basketball season) I'll be more available. I know i'm planning on going to Boost for Boobies this spring, and the Fast & Furious Car Show/Movie Release event as well. The Auto Show i find to be super lame, we don't get anything here that you can't stop at any dealer and go see. But if you do end up going let me know what you guys think of those new RLX's.

Also as far as type s tail lights, there is 3 different ones that i have seen. The 07's are a different part number than the 08's, but i have seen dark & light chrome on the same part number's. I think it has to do with the process of anodizing that they do to them, some get darker than others.
First of all is good to hear from you. Glad everything is OK. Yes at was a WBL Acura this Friday and saw the RLX in the front. It looks great those headlights are wicket but awesome. Nate's new light project to install or duplicate RLX's headlights on his car.LOL BTW the KC National meet thread got started. You guys should check it out. I will be attending Travis always goes .but Jake is coming too. The more the better. Hey Joe I started the Transformer. You got to check it out.

Yes I stand corrected I spoke with one of the parts guys at WBA and there are two part numbers for the lights 07 and 08 are different. So you are correct Mr. Lights I meant Mr Nate.HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Last edited by Takata 18; 03-09-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:22 PM
Cruisin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello.... That is all.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
Don't mean to gloat, but never question me on my lighting knowledge hahaha.

Good to hear from you Joe.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:09 PM
Advanced

Talking

Don't mean to gloat, but never question me on my lighting knowledge hahaha.

Good to hear from you Joe.
"You don't mean to" means you are though. HAHAHA!!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Just drive...

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting sick of all this white s**t!!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

I hear ya. We're supposed to get another 2-4 inches this weekend.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:21 AM
Advanced

Talking

^ This does suck we got about 6" of this crap in WBL
Old 03-15-2013, 06:43 AM
The cake is a lie.

I take it from the overwhelming response I got to my idea we make a meet out of the Auto Show is bust. Oh well I'm still going tomorrow. In other news I had a Pineapple incident this morning on the way to work. It is sleeting/raining out so as per usual I am in the fast lane but giving the car in front of me a good 2-2.5 car lengths of space so I am not riding his ass. We were going 65-70 mph an asshole in a pickup starts riding my ass like he's in a hurry to catchup to the traffic that is in front of me. So he moves to the middle lane and knowing that he is probably going to cut in front of me I close the gap to the car in front of me to less than a car length to keep the asshole from doing what I know he wants to do. I am able to keep him at bay for a minute but as soon as I relax my 1/2 car length gap to about 3/4 gap. Then on comes his turn signal and he just starts to move over and I am not giving up my position and honk but he keeps moving over and it forces me to the shoulder to keep him from hitting me. Of course he backs off and I am able to keep my spot and get back on the road but he feels wronged so on come his brights to let me know how mad he is. Eventually the center lane clears and he moves over again this time I have had enough and I cut him off and shoot the gap and a few more gaps which close behind me keeping him from being able to keep up with me. After that I had a pleasant communte in.

On another note Jorge I won't be going to COTA this year but I will be going to Dover, Delaware and the Monster Mile for the NASCAR race there at the end of May. I was going to drive out but found airfare for $200 and I cant drive for less than that.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:32 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by Phantom_of_the_Acura
Sounds fun I already have my Private Auto Show Tour tickets for me and my dad. We did the private tour last year and for what it is it was it was too expensive at $55.00 per person but this year they lowered it to $35.00 per person and I think that is a good deal. My tickets are for next Saturday, March 16th. What they do is you MUST get there between 8-8:15am then they break you into groups of 5-10 and for an hour and a half you pretty much have the entire auto show to yourself and the tour guide asks what you're interested in and can give detailed info about the cars if you want to know more. It is really worth the $35.00 as you get your admission, parking and a gift bag for that price. I'd like it if we could get a group of Aziner's for the show because the tour is only as fun as you make it and if you're in a group with a bunch of people you already know it makes it more fun. Here is the link to buy the Private Tour tickets remember to pick Saturday March 16th as the day you want your private tour.
https://secure.interactiveticketing.com/a/7a90f4
Hey Max if I would have had your number I would have called you when I got to the Auto Show and let you know you left your lights on. I saw your car parked on the parking and the tail lights were on. My wife and I were there at 11:30 AM and I told her that was your car with the lights on> You should PM your number to me so I can put it in my contacts. BTW do you know what station is broadcasting F1 this year?
Old 03-18-2013, 08:04 AM
The cake is a lie.

Originally Posted by Takata 18
Hey Max if I would have had your number I would have called you when I got to the Auto Show and let you know you left your lights on. I saw your car parked on the parking and the tail lights were on. My wife and I were there at 11:30 AM and I told her that was your car with the lights on> You should PM your number to me so I can put it in my contacts. BTW do you know what station is broadcasting F1 this year?
I would never leave my lights on I'm not that forgetful... Ok yeah that was me. My dad and I were in a bit of a rush because traffic and a broken stoplight put our arrival at 8:10 and we were supposed to get checked in at 8:15. So we just parked the car and ran and didn't look back. The private tour was kind of sucky the tour guide said we have 1.5 hours till the show opens to the general public and that gives us about 3 minutes per automaker. Yet he droned on and on about stuff I could careless about we spent at least 4-5 minutes in GMC really GMC they make dolled up versions of Chevy pickups let move on. Here is the Fisker Karma a $100,000 hybrid sports car you cant touch or sit in but yet we stood there for 4-6 minutes listening to the fact sheet about a car I can't afford and wouldn't want even if I could. Another place we got stopped was the Shelby Mustang we got the sales pitch, 5-10 minutes, on a car up on a pedestal. We only made it half way thru the show by the time it opened to the public and I was ready to ditch the group and go off and walk the show at a pace I liked and spend time at the makes I was actually interested in. But my dad said we had come this far and may as well stick it out. By the time we finished it was about 11:30 and about 4-5 people out of a group of 10-12 had ditched us and left. I don't think I'll do the private tour again if I was completely clueless about cars it might be interesting but everything he droned on and on about I already knew. Once the tour was over dad and I backtracked thru the show to see and sit in some of the cars we wanted to see and left about noon as I wanted to see F1 qualifying on NBC Sports Channel. I get home and instead of qualifying it is practice 2 which I really don't care about so I switch over to Speed and watch the 12hr Sebring race and Speed is nice enough to tell me that F1 qualifying is rained out.

Here is an idea for a meet next week we can meet up at Buffalo Wild Wings in Roseville and watch the F1 race in Malaysia on Sunday 3pm to 5:30pm. Anyone interested?
Old 03-18-2013, 11:30 PM
Advanced

Talking

How do you know they will even have it on their screen.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:35 PM
Advanced

Talking

I would never leave my lights on I'm not that forgetful... Ok yeah that was me. My dad and I were in a bit of a rush because traffic and a broken stoplight put our arrival at 8:10 and we were supposed to get checked in at 8:15. So we just parked the car and ran and didn't look back. The private tour was kind of sucky the tour guide said we have 1.5 hours till the show opens to the general public and that gives us about 3 minutes per automaker. Yet he droned on and on about stuff I could careless about we spent at least 4-5 minutes in GMC really GMC they make dolled up versions of Chevy pickups let move on. Here is the Fisker Karma a $100,000 hybrid sports car you cant touch or sit in but yet we stood there for 4-6 minutes listening to the fact sheet about a car I can't afford and wouldn't want even if I could. Another place we got stopped was the Shelby Mustang we got the sales pitch, 5-10 minutes, on a car up on a pedestal. We only made it half way thru the show by the time it opened to the public and I was ready to ditch the group and go off and walk the show at a pace I liked and spend time at the makes I was actually interested in. But my dad said we had come this far and may as well stick it out. By the time we finished it was about 11:30 and about 4-5 people out of a group of 10-12 had ditched us and left. I don't think I'll do the private tour again if I was completely clueless about cars it might be interesting but everything he droned on and on about I already knew. Once the tour was over dad and I backtracked thru the show to see and sit in some of the cars we wanted to see and left about noon as I wanted to see F1 qualifying on NBC Sports Channel. I get home and instead of qualifying it is practice 2 which I really don't care about so I switch over to Speed and watch the 12hr Sebring race and Speed is nice enough to tell me that F1 qualifying is rained out.

Here is an idea for a meet next week we can meet up at Buffalo Wild Wings in Roseville and watch the F1 race in Malaysia on Sunday 3pm to 5:30pm. Anyone interested?
I new it was your car. You had that much fun at the Auto show.Well we got there about 11:15 and left about 4:00. I recorded F1 and saw the 12 hours of Sebring. I had a great day.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:23 AM
The cake is a lie.

How do you know they will even have it on their screen.
All we gotta do is ask them to put NBC Sports Network on one of the screens. Or do you think they'll be too busy with basketball to let us have a screen?
Old 03-19-2013, 09:20 AM
Advanced

Talking

All we gotta do is ask them to put NBC Sports Network on one of the screens. Or do you think they'll be too busy with basketball to let us have a screen?
Probably be a good idea to find out ahead. If not we can all go to Jakes and put an order to go and see it at Jake's place right Jake.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
Anyone going out to MAP's boost for boobies? I might even go to see what I put down stock. Hoping to see the 220 whp everyone is saying for the 6MT's.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:52 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by bouncer07
Anyone going out to MAP's boost for boobies? I might even go to see what I put down stock. Hoping to see the 220 whp everyone is saying for the 6MT's.
When is it i am going again this year.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:12 PM
I like turtles

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Probably be a good idea to find out ahead. If not we can all go to Jakes and put an order to go and see it at Jake's place right Jake.
Haha, thanks for offering my place up Jorge! I'm not even sure if I'll be around. Is it this weekend? Or next weekend?
Old 03-20-2013, 10:12 PM
I like turtles

I'll be going for sure. It's a bit of a hike now since they moved shop
Old 03-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Boosted...

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm going to this event this year, i still haven't been to the new location so i'm looking foward to checking out the new place.

When is it i am going again this year.
They are doing it twice this year, the date for the first one is...

Saturday May 4th 2013, 9:30am to 6:00pm
Old 03-25-2013, 09:19 PM
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
Those of you that have your windows tinted what % are running and did you go with ceramic? Is there any reason to on our cars?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:34 PM
I like turtles

Originally Posted by Gregerst
Those of you that have your windows tinted what % are running and did you go with ceramic? Is there any reason to on our cars?
I've got mine tinted at 30% - non-ceramic - The place I got mine done offers a lifetime warranty, so I didn't see the point in going ceramic

Old 03-25-2013, 11:55 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

I have 50% formula 1 pinnacle series tinted by sun control of MN along with a lifetime warranty. Our cops up here are pretty strict with tint laws so I had to go legal. With the formula 1 though it looks much darker than 50%

Old 03-26-2013, 08:11 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by luckyjakob
I've got mine tinted at 30% - non-ceramic - The place I got mine done offers a lifetime warranty, so I didn't see the point in going ceramic

Looks good did you use tint pros? I see a lot of cars around the cities with dark tint like yours do the cops pretty much ignore it?
Old 03-26-2013, 08:17 AM
Racer

I have 50% formula 1 pinnacle series tinted by sun control of MN along with a lifetime warranty. Our cops up here are pretty strict with tint laws so I had to go legal. With the formula 1 though it looks much darker than 50%

Yeah that looks way darker than 50%. Usually with 50 you can barely tell its on there. Btw I've got some nice Type-S wheels that would look great on your car. :wink: Check your pm.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Yeah I pm'd you a few weeks back when you first posted your ad in the black market
Old 03-26-2013, 10:21 AM
Racer

Yeah I pm'd you a few weeks back when you first posted your ad in the black market
Yep. I'm giving you first dibs at them like I said I would.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:15 PM
I like turtles

Originally Posted by Gregerst
Looks good did you use tint pros? I see a lot of cars around the cities with dark tint like yours do the cops pretty much ignore it?
Yeah, I used tint pros for it. I have yet to have any issues with cops.. knock on wood
Old 03-26-2013, 05:55 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello:

Selling my vehicle which is located in Minneapolis.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-Acura-Integra-Sedan-J32-A2-V6-Sportshift-Auto-/140940900942?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item20d0bb7a4e#v4-42
Old 03-26-2013, 06:46 PM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
^^hmm...interesting. Hi guys, I'm still alive. Just haven't logged on in what feels like ages lol.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 PM
I like turtles

Originally Posted by SSM4DR
^^hmm...interesting. Hi guys, I'm still alive. Just haven't logged on in what feels like ages lol.
Hey David, how ya been? You going to Boost 4 Boobies?
Old 03-26-2013, 09:52 PM
Pro

Hey David, how ya been? You going to Boost 4 Boobies?
hey there Jake! I've been good thanks for asking. I haven't done much to my car, saw an 08 Type S that I'm debating if I should trade mines in for or not. How have you been?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:15 PM
I like turtles

hey there Jake! I've been good thanks for asking. I haven't done much to my car, saw an 08 Type S that I'm debating if I should trade mines in for or not. How have you been?
I've been pretty good. I need to figure out my wheel situation though... I cracked one of my 19's and need to either find a replacement, or buy a new set... can't figure out which to do
Old 03-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Advanced

Talking

Wao must be spring. People are coming out of hibernation. Hi David good to see your still around.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:27 PM
Pro

I've been pretty good. I need to figure out my wheel situation though... I cracked one of my 19's and need to either find a replacement, or buy a new set... can't figure out which to do
Ah, I see. Mind if I ask how?
Hi David good to see your still around.
You know it .
Old 03-27-2013, 09:36 PM
I like turtles

Ah, I see. Mind if I ask how?
You know it .
I hit some uneven pavement back in August. I didn't see that it was uneven until I had hit it. Sucks cuz I can't buy Ron Jon Inspyres from Ron anymore... So I'm trying to figure out my options, I was thinking about picking up a set of Enkei Raijins - they look pretty nice

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras