Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 09:23 PM
Honda Noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn i really missed out! everyone's car is looking great....when is the next one???
Old 08-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Broke college grad

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185577

Smokin this is a link to those new honda stock 19's the accord comes with. The guy has a 03 WDP.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
It was a pleasure meeting all of you. Hope we could do it again.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:30 PM
fu

i'm really disappointed i missed out.
i agree with whoever said another meet in september, that would be sweet.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys - lets say in the spring, I drop some dough on the car. Do you think exhaust and tint, or rims?

I'm leaning towards rims, but I don't want to be all show and no go either. Although with rims, you don't mind having a cruiser as much...lol

Jorge - THe Evo2 Greddy is going for $850 - get on it!!
Old 08-17-2008, 03:48 PM
3rd Gear

bad news guys.....looks like something is wrong with my car....I came to work with my wife and she wanted to come stay with me for a bit at work. About an hour after she wanted to go back home but when she tried to turn on the car it wouldnt start. I get no power to the stereo or lights. I am thinking battery but if it was the battery then my bro in law that came to try and jump my car would have worked. The light onthe battery is still green......the starter aint clicking so I am thinking the starter might be gone but it didn't even give me any trouble before. Can the starter just go like that? Also my broinlaw said it might be the fuel pump but I dont know....what do you guys think? I am so pissed right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Broke college grad

I really have no idea about that stuff lol. Post this in problems and fixes under 2nd gen and im sure someone will know. Theres always somebody thats had the same problem as you.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:05 PM
Broke college grad

TS if I bought a EBP lipkit how easy do you think it'd be to paint it NBP? Did you have a hard time with your grille or no? Wait is it grill or grille?
Old 08-17-2008, 06:19 PM
T-Swzy

Originally Posted by smokincivic
bad news guys.....looks like something is wrong with my car....I came to work with my wife and she wanted to come stay with me for a bit at work. About an hour after she wanted to go back home but when she tried to turn on the car it wouldnt start. I get no power to the stereo or lights. I am thinking battery but if it was the battery then my bro in law that came to try and jump my car would have worked. The light onthe battery is still green......the starter aint clicking so I am thinking the starter might be gone but it didn't even give me any trouble before. Can the starter just go like that? Also my broinlaw said it might be the fuel pump but I dont know....what do you guys think? I am so pissed right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i had kind of the same thing happened to me. but in my case i left the car in drive and took out the key, parked on a leveled surface so it didnt go anywhere. i'm pretty sure if that's the case you woulda noticed right now.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:41 PM
Racer

Amery Airport Autocross Info

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3170/...d86eddb6_b.jpg

Map. Really not that far.

http://atlas.mapquest.com/maps/map.a...5392&name=KAHH

Hope to see some of ya TL guys there.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Kind of what Razzi said - I would check to make sure the gear shift indicator/linkage is working properly. SShift your car into nuetral and try to start it. Then put it back in park and try again. Definately not your fuel pump, and yes - the starter can go out like that.

Do any of your lights turn on at all? Or when you turn the key on is everything totally dead? If things still turn on, then I bet it's the shift selection indicator malfunctioned. If nothing at all turns on with the key (but headlights and such work), then it is most likely the ignition. If nothing at all works no matter what, test the battery with a volt meter. If there is a charge and nothing works, probably got a bad ground someplace. Any work done to the car recently?

Keep us informed. If you need anything else, let us know
Old 08-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Broke college grad

What Razzi is talkin about is a recall though. Alot of TL's do that mine included.

http://www.automotive.com/2000/49/ac...lls/60724.html

It says around 500,000 have this.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:24 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Ok, start with the basics, what, exatcly, happens when you turn the key? Do you get lights on the dash? Does the fuel pump turn on? Have you checked the fuses? Under the hood and under the dash? There are a lot of things that this could be, so let me know what kind of tests you have done. My best bet would be for a fuse to be blown. Usually starters will give you some warning that they are going out. Also, try the nuetral start idea as well, that may help. Check the fuses for the brake system as well, that could cause some issues with starting.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:30 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by gunner252
When is the event up there? It appears to be a little over an hour from the cities, and just a bit past Taylor's Falls.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:03 PM
3rd Gear

great news guys......I decided to make sure it was the battery cause like Josh said....if it was the starter, it would have shown some signs of dieing. I told my bro-in-law to not buy the battery yet and try to leave the jumpers on my car for 5-10 minutes and then try to start it. it worked but after I shut the engine off, it wouldn't start again. I get no lights anywhere not even on the dash board. So I decided f' it and try a new battery and of course, that solved the problem. The weird thing is that the battery's color was still green but when they tested at Sears (Wal-Mart didn't have our battery for some reason) it was a dead battery. So I brought the 79.99 since cash was a bit low instead of the 99.99 one. Is there really a difference during the cold winter? But yeah, new battery solved my case. I was freaking out at work like wtf!!!!!! This is a Honda....its not suppose to f'up like this lol.....but yeah reality check....its still just a car that needs a little TLC....thanks for all your concerns and ideas!!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Ok, so I got the dilly-o on the autocross at the airport, and it appears to be the same day as MOWOG 6. I am pretty stoked about the idea of finding out how fast the TL will run in a straight line, but I have to see if I can sell my MOWOG 6 spot first.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:26 PM
Broke college grad

Everybody has a problem right when they get their car lol, but I haven't had any problems since.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Good thing it worked out to just be the battery. Pretty cheap fix and you should be good to go for another year or so. Not to mention that its a good thing it let you down while it was warm outside, it would suck to be stuck at work in 20 below weather with a dead battery.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by asujosh1
Good thing it worked out to just be the battery. Pretty cheap fix and you should be good to go for another year or so.
Damn.... i would certainly hope his battery lasts more than a year...lol
Old 08-17-2008, 11:33 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
Damn.... i would certainly hope his battery lasts more than a year...lol
Yes I agree. A battery should be good for 5 years.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by gunner252
Gunner I clicked on your attachment but I see nothing.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Advanced

Hey guys - lets say in the spring, I drop some dough on the car. Do you think exhaust and tint, or rims?

I'm leaning towards rims, but I don't want to be all show and no go either. Although with rims, you don't mind having a cruiser as much...lol

Jorge - THe Evo2 Greddy is going for $850 - get on it!!
Glow were did you see this price. Let me know.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Punctuation Nazi

The Airport Autocross is full, no more 'modern' cars as he put it. Oh well, I guess I will just have to do MOWOG 6.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by Takata 18
Glow were did you see this price. Let me know.

Special Greddy Pricing until 10/31

845.75 w/ free shipping. Get it - I want it, and you could be my demo car. Exhausts just don't sound the same on YouTube.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:15 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

No Azine tomorrow. All day it sounds like. What's a guy to do
Old 08-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Honda Noob

No Azine tomorrow. All day it sounds like. What's a guy to do
huh??
Old 08-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Tomorrow is the day they are shutting Azine down for the entire day. Not sure of what the entire day means, but they are upgrading the servers supposedly.

So it looks like tomorrow I'll have to keep occupied with Craigslist, and resume my car talk on Wednesday.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Here's some stuff for you guys to check out.

www.engrish.com

http://www.tshirthell.com/

These are probably 2 of my top sites (besides Woot and Azine)
Old 08-18-2008, 01:26 PM
Honda Noob

Tomorrow is the day they are shutting Azine down for the entire day. Not sure of what the entire day means, but they are upgrading the servers supposedly.

So it looks like tomorrow I'll have to keep occupied with Craigslist, and resume my car talk on Wednesday.

Damn that sucks. I never saw an announcement either
Old 08-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Pro

Good to hear smokin...My battery went bad outta nowhere on me too when I first got my car.

Originally Posted by BlackuraTL
TS if I bought a EBP lipkit how easy do you think it'd be to paint it NBP? Did you have a hard time with your grille or no? Wait is it grill or grille?

Depends on the kinda quality of appearance you want lol. I'm kinda cheap so on my old civic I bought a Mugen front lip and Type-R rear lip and I did it myself one afternoon. I just sanded it down, primered it...wet sanded it a bit to smooth it out. Then sprayed on the base coat color...As many coats until I feel it's good...then after that dries for a little while I put on some layers of clear coat. Lips are easier to paint because there's not alot of surface to spray. Just gotta hold the can in a steady motion across and make sure it's all even.

It looks good enough for me. Very shiny and smooth with no blemishes. (It's just that I ran outta paint/clearcoat when i did my grill) You really just need to buff it if you want it to be perfect.

That's how I did it on my old civic and it looked pretty flawless haha. Nobody complained. Some people musta thought they looked nice enough to steal because they took em. But I think you'd wanna talk to the real experts on body paint for tips to do it the correct way. I kinda just did it outta the blue and in a rush. Good turnout though haha.

On my grill I messed up cuz I ran outta stuff, and bugs kept flying into it.

Well, we'll be up to speed again!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Hey John - Welcome to our neck of the woods.

Glad you guys could rep the RSX's with us. It turned out to be a pretty good meet for the first "big" meet involving more than 4 or 5 people.. lol
Old 08-18-2008, 11:31 PM
Broke college grad

Hey John - Welcome to our neck of the woods.

Glad you guys could rep the RSX's with us. It turned out to be a pretty good meet for the first "big" meet involving more than 4 or 5 people.. lol
Who are you talkin to?
Old 08-19-2008, 12:17 AM
Broke college grad

lol just put photoshop on my laptop. Crude work of wheels I want .
Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

I gotta get me some photoshop. It can't be that hard can it? I'm a good learner

Last night i was on and John Willix (sp?) - one of the TSX guys from the meet was on checking out the forum. Looks like he created an account the day of the meet.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Blackura, you have to go with 18"s, none of that 16" bull-crap.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:58 AM
T-Swzy

pfffft, 22s!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

geez - took me long enough to find the meets thread. How did the rest of you fair in the hunt?
Old 08-20-2008, 10:58 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Hey guys - I created a twin cities social group for us. With the new setup of the site, I think it's going to be easier to continue our meets section in as a social group, rather than in this area.

What are your thought? With the social group, we can all post pictures in an album, and have more in depth profiles with pictures and such I believe.

I'm beginning not to like the new site, but maybe I'll get used to it. Who knows - maybe the social group part will turn out to be pretty cool.
Old 08-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Racer

Airport meet

here's the actual map link:

http://atlas.mapquest.com/maps/map.a...5392&name=KAHH

i'm pretty sure it's the 23rd of Aug, not sure on the time. Waiting for response from Honda4Life (the guy w/the red Prelude).
Old 08-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Broke college grad

Originally Posted by asujosh1
Blackura, you have to go with 18"s, none of that 16" bull-crap.
lol photoshop is hard. It was either that or like 24's lol!

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras