Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:18 PM
Broke college grad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys are killin me everytime I stop going on this site for like 3 days you add about 3 pages of stuff I have to go through and read and now we've rounded up more acuras in minnesota.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:24 PM
NBP

^^^ Likin the new lights. if i get off work early on saturday i might have to run up and meet everyone.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by swift22
^ its quite simple really if you understand the flow of gases etc.

I have done it myself. Like...did you know you should remove as much metal from the top of the exhaust side because..heat rises..so most of the exhaust gases are flowing on the top side...and you want it super smooth so no carbon builds up.
Actually, without putting it on a flow bench and measuring the difference in air flow, you have no idea if you made it better or not. As for having to remove metal on the top of the exhaust port, you're kidding right? You are talking about a hole that starts off as being maybe .75 inches in diameter and might grow to 1.5 as it exits the head, and you think that it isnt made to fill that whole space? This doesn't even bring into consideration that almost always the INTAKE is the important thing to port, you get a MUCH better gain from doing the intake as opposed to the exhaust.

Try reading this for starters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cylinder_head_porting
Old 03-27-2008, 10:52 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Weather man is talking rain saturday might not be a goodday if it is raining.
I might not bring my car this being the case.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:58 PM
T-Swzy

the acura gods will shelter us george, dont you worry
brian, i cant believe you never noticed that horizontal piece of chrome lol, i think that's one of the more outstanding features of the headlights, cant wait to see them in
Old 03-28-2008, 12:38 AM
140,000 miles young

Originally Posted by asujosh1
Actually, without putting it on a flow bench and measuring the difference in air flow, you have no idea if you made it better or not. As for having to remove metal on the top of the exhaust port, you're kidding right? You are talking about a hole that starts off as being maybe .75 inches in diameter and might grow to 1.5 as it exits the head, and you think that it isnt made to fill that whole space? This doesn't even bring into consideration that almost always the INTAKE is the important thing to port, you get a MUCH better gain from doing the intake as opposed to the exhaust.

Try reading this for starters: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cylinder_head_porting
Dude, chill out lol. It's not like he told you you're a slacker who has been playing grand turismo all day instead of working

made a couple updates to www.mspacura.org tonight. Jorge you now have a section on the member bio (what year is your TL?). And I added next sat to the calendar and also a pic on the main page.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Razzi
the acura gods will shelter us george, dont you worry
brian, i cant believe you never noticed that horizontal piece of chrome lol, i think that's one of the more outstanding features of the headlights, cant wait to see them in

I dunno how I missed that either. I probably have seen it and just never really paid much attention to it. But now that they are cleared and I am oogling over them, I notice everything.

Speaking of... you know those "dots" that were on the corners of my lights? The white and blue ones - I'm guessing they came off during the cleaning of the lamps, and I think JnC put them back on....lol. They are there, but now the blue is a vibrant blue and looks like it was put on with a nailpolish brush.

That will be my next mod.. scraping that shit off.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:59 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by Takata 18
Weather man is talking rain saturday might not be a goodday if it is raining.
I might not bring my car this being the case.

"Our next storm system will move out of the Dakotas late Saturday spreading a mix of rain and snow over the state."

I'm not too worried - with a high of 44, I don't expect much more than a sprinkle if anything. We can always post Ken at your car to guard it against the rain drops..lol (I'd stick Josh over there, but he could only do half as good as one of those "2-arm guys")
Old 03-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by underst8
Dude, chill out lol. It's not like he told you you're a slacker who has been playing grand turismo all day instead of working

made a couple updates to www.mspacura.org tonight. Jorge you now have a section on the member bio (what year is your TL?). And I added next sat to the calendar and also a pic on the main page.
Thanks Dan I saw it that is I like it. I can't wait for this weather to go away so I can put on my summer wheels
Old 03-28-2008, 09:26 AM
Advanced

Wazzzzzup everyone how many are attending Brian's head light party. Brian I will bring those mud flaps so you can see them you might change you mind after you see them.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Advanced

Thanks Dan I saw it that is I like it. I can't wait for this weather to go away so I can put on my summer wheels
My TL is an 04
Old 03-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

That confised me - I couldn't figure out why you were quoting yourself (and then telling yourself what year car yours is...lol)

I read the previous threads and caught up

Your engine bay looks pretty friggin sweet dude. I didn't have much against the black since it cleans up real nice, but your's is pretty sick
Old 03-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
That confised me - I couldn't figure out why you were quoting yourself (and then telling yourself what year car yours is...lol)

I read the previous threads and caught up

Your engine bay looks pretty friggin sweet dude. I didn't have much against the black since it cleans up real nice, but your's is pretty sick
Thanks Brian, Yes I could see how it can get confusing. I will probably make you place in the afternoon. My son plays Basketball in the morning. I forgot your address PM me and let me Know.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:35 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by underst8

Yeah, sorry, rough week at work. Getting a bit frustrated.

So, Glow, did you ever mention what time this shindig is supposed to start? I was thinking Dan and I could roll on over once we drop off the CL to get fixed up.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Honda Noob

hey can someone please send me a PM with the address and time everyone will be there??
Old 03-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nitropwd
hey can someone please send me a PM with the address and time everyone will be there??
As soon as Glow lets us know you will Know. I do not even know at what time
Old 03-29-2008, 10:16 AM
T-Swzy

little bit after noon seems to be the time. btw, last friday, at the parking lot where we first rolled out together, not target, the tuners came out. the first wave hit at about 8:30, saint paul's finest sent 6 cops into the parking lot to clear them out, and cars were getting pulled over left and right for racing. looks like 'tis the season.
tonight will probably be the same deal, im excited to see all the new cars around

and george, i think those wheels are safe to go now
http://www.weather.com/outlook/healt...101?dp=htempdp
monday might be the only bad day, but it's to be high 40s after that, so snow would be gone as soon as they hit the ground, just a couple of drops george. and nothing is as pure as the fresh fallen snow.
i think you should put em on before the meet

oh and i gotta wait for a CL-S buddy, so i'll be arriving fashionably late
Old 03-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

I figure sometime after 1pm. I'm guessing the majority of you will show up early. But there are some people that work and will not be there until around 3pm.

Hey Jorge - "Oh no.. the rain. I'm melting..... I'm melting.... I'm melllllllting"

Lol - I think your safe
Old 03-29-2008, 10:35 AM
Rolling on 20's

would white bear acura be willing to sponsor a little meet? we could all come visit you someday lol
I'd have to check on that one, hard to get anything approved here.
Old 03-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Rolling on 20's

Originally Posted by BlackuraTL
You guys are killin me everytime I stop going on this site for like 3 days you add about 3 pages of stuff I have to go through and read and now we've rounded up more acuras in minnesota.
I'm doing the same thing right now, work can wait!
Old 03-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Rolling on 20's

Welcome on board Gambit I have probably seen your car at WB Acura I go there allot you have chrome 20" rims dont you. I know Bill Lee, Chris, Kang and Jason and I also Know Mike in parts. You have probably seen my TL SSM Koneig rims. I might see you at Glow Head light party. If the weather holds
Yep thats my ride, the suns out and its cold as f$ck! Can't wait for this weather to turn for the better guys, that way the rides will stay clean for more then two days at a time
Old 03-29-2008, 10:51 AM
Rolling on 20's

Originally Posted by SixSpeedLuxury
I drive 06, nbp, 6spd, nav, underbody, no spoiler(s), no tint, no emblems. I drive it once a week, hopefully I can get her done soon.......19's and low.

What famous bar in dt hudson??
Usually at Pudges but I'm gonna buy a $100 beater for when I go down there, too many issues with people messing with the car, one from a fight and the other from some out of towners that keyed every car in the parking lot. The one that happened from the fight i'm ok with but some random punk keying cars, man that boils the blood. What color is your TL, not sure if i've seen it yet and whats nbp?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Advanced

Hey guys, new to Azine but I live in Plymouth with an 07 TL-S NBP. Let me know when and where you guys are meeting up.... Id like to get in the mix with the local TL community.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Advanced

Cool

Had a great time at Brian's . Thanks for the hospitality Brian. those that did not make it hope to see you next time.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Yeah, it was a good time. Chan going for the Blazin challenge was probably the surprise of the afternoon.

I got back here and finished the install of my intake by putting on that decorative shroud that goes above the headlights. I had to chop off a piece of it so that I could get it over the CompTech icebox.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:37 PM
Advanced

Cool

Yeah, it was a good time. Chan going for the Blazin challenge was probably the surprise of the afternoon.

I got back here and finished the install of my intake by putting on that decorative shroud that goes above the headlights. I had to chop off a piece of it so that I could get it over the CompTech icebox.
Did I miss something you showed the others. I would have help you. You chillingout tonight at home.
Old 03-29-2008, 07:43 PM
Punctuation Nazi

dunno, the wife is going to some art opening and will be out till 10. I may just kick it here and do some research on how to do the pulley install. I just looked at it while I was down there and saw that one of the belts I am going to replace goes over the motor mount, so I am going to have to figure that out without having to pull the mount if I can.

Also, the alternator is right on the front of the motor, so that should be easy to get to.

I am going to have to look into the torque specs for the crank pulley as well to make certain that I get a torque wrench that will work for me. I heard someone mention a pulley holder that keeps your crank from spinning when you are trying to torque it back down.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:37 PM
T-Swzy

great to see everyone again. and good meetin jermaine (sp? )

i thought u already had the icebox in
Old 03-30-2008, 08:03 PM
Advanced

Talking

Hey guys I down loaded the the photos. PM me you Email so I can send the out to youguys that are interested in seen them
Old 03-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Punctuation Nazi

great to see everyone again. and good meetin jermaine (sp? )

i thought u already had the icebox in
Icebox was in, I just had to put on that decorative piece that goes over the front subframe and connects to the grill. There was a part that I had to chop off to make it fit around the icebox.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Ladies and Gentlemen! Consider this the virtual gauntlet being thrown down.

http://forum.mnautox.com/forums/index.php?

I just signed up for the June Autocross school for the local Minneapolis Autocross club. Cost is $50, sign up for it now and we can have a big Acura presence so that we can have some competition!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:34 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Gambits06TL
Usually at Pudges but I'm gonna buy a $100 beater for when I go down there, too many issues with people messing with the car, one from a fight and the other from some out of towners that keyed every car in the parking lot. The one that happened from the fight i'm ok with but some random punk keying cars, man that boils the blood. What color is your TL, not sure if i've seen it yet and whats nbp?
black/black and dirty
Old 03-31-2008, 08:35 AM
140,000 miles young

Nighthawk Black Pearl
Old 03-31-2008, 09:29 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

So what all happened after BW's? I'm kicking myself in the ass for doing myself in the night before. I went home and laid down - woke up at about 9 from my neighbors saying to come over. I went - and I wasn't very much fun over there either.

Thanks for the help everyone, and it was a pretty good showing if I may say so.

Anyone have any ideas for future meet plans? I have a feeling that this summer will be a good one. Lots of people coming out of the woodwork. Plus - I'm just optimistic. I get that way when I'm warm...lol
Old 03-31-2008, 12:29 PM
140,000 miles young

I think everyone just pretty much went their separate ways after Bdubs. I am hoping (if the car gets out of the shop and aligned in time) that I will make it to Chicago this weekend for their meet. If anyone doesn't have weekend plans that might be fun. It's on Saturday downtown off lakeshore dr.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:37 PM
Rolling on 20's

Originally Posted by SixSpeedLuxury
black/black and dirty
Cool i'll have to keep my eyes open for ya, Black is always dirty in the winter! Whats up with all this freaking snow?

Glad to hear you all had fun this weekend, hope I can make the next one.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:15 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Dan, you need a ride to go get your car, or are you cabbing it?
Old 03-31-2008, 02:39 PM
T-Swzy

he'll need a ride there just so he has someone to run against on the way home
Old 03-31-2008, 04:19 PM
T-Swzy

bad news guys, was backing out today, and i guess it musta been the blizzard or something, i was halfway out when this accord shot out of his spot. basically it was him, a van, and me parked side by side. i backed out with my tail goin left, he had his goin right, we bumped eachother squarely
cold weather made the plastic crack and basically is shot. took it to my buddy's bodyshop, said i'd be better off getting a new bumper than repairing it. so here's the deal, i can get an oem style one and stick the rear lip back on, or go a little left field and get an aftermarket one. it's not gonna be as clean as an oem with a lip, but it'll grab more attention and a little more aggressive, what do you guys think?
Old 03-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Bummer man, did you get out and kung fu his ass?

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras