Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008 | 07:08 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Sounds like it will actually be 2 mini-meets kind of.

The first will be this upcoming Sunday (3/16). This will be the time that I have to get my front bumper off, and remove my headlights.

Other things that I need to eventually do, but doesn't have to be this day are: Remove rear bumper and replace tails, replace side markers, remove glove box and cut a whole in the housing behind it, and put a battery in the blazer so I have something to drive while my car doesn't have a front end.

The second meet will be next Saturday (3/22). This will be the day to put in the new headlights, and finish up anything else that we didn't get to the previous week.

As for times - I'm open to just about anything as long as it's light outside. Too early and I may still be hung over - too late and your asking for something to go wrong and it will take 6 hours and 14 trips to autozone to finish.

Speaking of.... to eliminate a trip right off the bat - does anyone know if you can get the amber/chrome bulbs from any auto store, or is this something that I should be ordering tomorrow from a light vendor? Once the headlights are cleared, I'm not gonna want to have a yellow bulb reflecting back at me. Kind of defeats the purpose of clearing if you ask me.

Me and a friend of mine were going to the bar the other night, and he asked if I'd pick up his buddy a couple blocks away. Well it turns out he's got a 2G TL, so maybe I'll see if he's interested in checking things out and seeing what Acurazine is about.

Anyone need directions, address, or my phone - let me know.
Old 03-12-2008 | 07:11 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by Razzi
so is it sat or sunday? turns out i work 5pm to 10 on sat, so in the morning im free. pretty sure im all free sunday tho, next week's schedule dont come out till thursday.
i told my mom to make eggrolls and she's cool with it. just need to know if it's sat or sunday
Don't worry if you're late... lol -> We'll wait for you

Mmmm.. egg rolls. If you need anything let me know. I've got some soy sauce and fish sauce - dunno about sweet and sour.
Old 03-12-2008 | 07:43 PM
Punctuation Nazi

ITS ABOUT DAMN TIME WE GET SOME FRIGGIN EGGROLLS!!!!!

Ken's only been talking about them for about a damn year!
Old 03-12-2008 | 07:56 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Ken's mom is only gonna make 1..lol We'll have to take a bite and pass it around.

Aaahh... I remember those days. Munch, munch, pass.........Munch, munch, pass.........
Old 03-12-2008 | 08:25 PM
140,000 miles young

I am down for anytime on sunday, but agreed on the not too early or late. As for my car, got all the timing belt/water pump service parts along with upper rear strut mounts, rear ingalls camber kits, and my UR underdrive pulley ready to go in. its going into the shop hopefully before the end of the month and will come out a brand-new car I CANT WAIT FOR EGG ROLLS!

Last edited by underst8; 03-12-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-12-2008 | 08:27 PM
Punctuation Nazi

I just picked up a pulley set and a thermoblok spacer from a guy on here, should be here in a few days! It'll be pretty damn phat once I get those babies installed!

Last edited by asujosh1; 03-12-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-12-2008 | 08:49 PM
Broke college grad

Yeah he didn't for me either I saw he had some once and I waited to buy em and they were gone so I waited for prob like 2-3 weeks before he had more and he never answered me back but when he did get em it was a smooth transaction and for pictures ill try to get some up soon.
Old 03-12-2008 | 08:55 PM
T-Swzy

everyone's modding and i'm over here sanding down oxidation, water spots, spider webs, swirl marks, paint scratches and cant forget the 1 messed up shock.

old people get all the fun
Old 03-12-2008 | 08:58 PM
Broke college grad

https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/life-just-not-fair-sometimes-162919/
I have since then tinted my windows and have different plates so i didnt bother blockin em out and I got chrome amber bulbs so theres no orange in the headlights
But I love em and Im getting rims this summer
Old 03-12-2008 | 10:36 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
Sounds like it will actually be 2 mini-meets kind of.

The first will be this upcoming Sunday (3/16). This will be the time that I have to get my front bumper off, and remove my headlights.

Other things that I need to eventually do, but doesn't have to be this day are: Remove rear bumper and replace tails, replace side markers, remove glove box and cut a whole in the housing behind it, and put a battery in the blazer so I have something to drive while my car doesn't have a front end.

The second meet will be next Saturday (3/22). This will be the day to put in the new headlights, and finish up anything else that we didn't get to the previous week.

As for times - I'm open to just about anything as long as it's light outside. Too early and I may still be hung over - too late and your asking for something to go wrong and it will take 6 hours and 14 trips to autozone to finish.

Speaking of.... to eliminate a trip right off the bat - does anyone know if you can get the amber/chrome bulbs from any auto store, or is this something that I should be ordering tomorrow from a light vendor? Once the headlights are cleared, I'm not gonna want to have a yellow bulb reflecting back at me. Kind of defeats the purpose of clearing if you ask me.

Me and a friend of mine were going to the bar the other night, and he asked if I'd pick up his buddy a couple blocks away. Well it turns out he's got a 2G TL, so maybe I'll see if he's interested in checking things out and seeing what Acurazine is about.

Anyone need directions, address, or my phone - let me know.

I might make it. I can help I have a Gen 3 and I installed the A-Spe body kit . It does not take long to drop the rear and front bumper. I did the kit in one day by myself. With more than one person it should not take long at all. Plenty of time to eat EGGROLLS and DRINK.

pm me your address

Last edited by Takata 18; 03-12-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2008 | 10:52 AM
Instructor

everyone's modding and i'm over here sanding down oxidation, water spots, spider webs, swirl marks, paint scratches and cant forget the 1 messed up shock.

well atleast you can do that im so broke right now im lookin through the couch cushions to finde money to wash my car
Old 03-13-2008 | 11:02 AM
Punctuation Nazi

quityerbitchin. Finish college, get a real gig that pays real money and you too can have more debt than you know what to do with.

What are you majoring in? And when are you supposed to graduate?
Old 03-13-2008 | 03:30 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Mar 13, 2008 1:39 PM Delivered Minneapolis, MN

Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.

So I call home... "Honey - can you grab my stuff off the front step"...
"OK".... *screach* door opens... "There's nothing there"....

FedEx man must have been tired. He didn't bother to bring it up to the front door, he just left everything by the garage. I suppose... that extra 10 feet, and those 3 or 4 little 6" steps (if they can even be called steps)...

So I got my stuff. I'm happy now.

THE END
Old 03-13-2008 | 07:44 PM
T-Swzy

haha, glad to hear the things got to you

im majoring chem, supposed to graduate 2010, but with the sheer amount of major hopping and homework avoiding that im doing, it might take a semester longer lol. gonna head off to pharmacy school afterwards. so in 2012 i should be ballin, if the world doesnt end by then
Old 03-13-2008 | 09:11 PM
Advanced

Who wants to go to the auto show tomorrow? I would like to go but not by my self.
Old 03-13-2008 | 10:26 PM
140,000 miles young

I was thinking saturday, I gotta work tomorrow probly sorta late to free up the weekend.

Oh and Brian you can get bulbs at autozone or what not. I got silverstar bulbs for my turns there, they are ok they look a bit blue tho in the housing (but light amber). you can probly get mirrored ones there too.
Old 03-14-2008 | 08:37 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Cool - thanks for the info. I'll check them out, otherwise I'm sure I can find some in a week.

Auto show huh? I'd probably go but I'm going to some furniture auction with a buddy of mine on Sat. The last one he went to, he said stuff was almost given away for free. I could use some new free furniture.
Old 03-14-2008 | 05:22 PM
T-Swzy

hey brian, you cool if i bring along a cl-s buddy and maybe a old school acura legend?
Old 03-14-2008 | 07:05 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by underst8
I was thinking saturday, I gotta work tomorrow probly sorta late to free up the weekend.

Oh and Brian you can get bulbs at autozone or what not. I got silverstar bulbs for my turns there, they are ok they look a bit blue tho in the housing (but light amber). you can probly get mirrored ones there too.
Dan Josh are you interested I got a couple of $2.00 coupons. I would like to go tonight or tomorrow late afternoon or evening.
Old 03-15-2008 | 02:33 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

hey brian, you cool if i bring along a cl-s buddy and maybe a old school acura legend?

Dats coo.

I'm a pretty friendly guy - so if they are cool with you, then it's OK with me. If not - my gun is bigger than theirs. j/k

You were all strangers to me at one time too That's why I'm considering having my buddies friend with the 2G TL swing on over.

I've always said - the more the merrier.
Old 03-15-2008 | 08:28 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Jorge sorry dude worked all day, unfortunately.

Brain what time are you thinking for tomorrow? Josh and I are still down.

(this is Dan on Josh's comp, btw lol)
Old 03-16-2008 | 12:55 AM
Punctuation Nazi

I just sent a note to this place: http://www.elite-autosport.com/dyno.html to see if they would be interested in a group rate on dyno runs so we could have a shootout.

I'll let you know if I hear back from them.
Old 03-16-2008 | 10:24 AM
T-Swzy

i went to elite back in jan i think and they were closing shop.
as for the eggrolls, i've been so freakin busy have not had any time to make em, maybe next time guys

imma drop by ur place at 1:30 or so brian, after church i'm all free
Old 03-16-2008 | 11:26 AM
Punctuation Nazi

WTF Razzi??? You can't do me like that! Man, you have been building those things up since last summer and now you punk out on us? What kind of crap is that? You know what? I'm coming over for dinner, yeah, that's right, I'm coming over for dinner and I'm going to have those damn eggrolls come hell or high water!

Dammit! That's Twice! I want some butts!!
(extra points if you can name that movie...)

So when is everyone showing up at Glow's house?
Old 03-16-2008 | 11:48 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

I was just telling Ken that i had the neighbors over till 4:30 this morning doing shots and playing rock band.. lol

1:00 - 1:30 sound cool? No matter what, I'll be here I guess.

News break: The guy that is allergic to cats (<--- me) just bought a cat yesterday. It's a little white persian to go with my hairy chow. Now instead of black hair all over the place, I got white hair on top of it - so nobody should notice.
Old 03-16-2008 | 01:53 PM
T-Swzy

lol, i am gonna bring mass produced restaurant eggrolls tho. my mom felt bad about not being able to make it, so she shelled out 40 bucks on eggrolls haha

btw, top gun?
Old 03-16-2008 | 01:58 PM
HPP

i went to elite back in jan i think and they were closing shop.
as for the eggrolls, i've been so freakin busy have not had any time to make em, maybe next time guys

imma drop by ur place at 1:30 or so brian, after church i'm all free
I just responded to asujosh1's email to me/Elite, I'll let him follow up in this thread. But the shop(Elite) is not closed, it is by appointment only(so no regular "open" hours). If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. BTW, I primarily do NSX work these days, but am open to any kind of work.
Old 03-17-2008 | 07:50 AM
T-Swzy

Originally Posted by HPP
I just responded to asujosh1's email to me/Elite, I'll let him follow up in this thread. But the shop(Elite) is not closed, it is by appointment only(so no regular "open" hours). If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask. BTW, I primarily do NSX work these days, but am open to any kind of work.
that's good to know. you still carry tein suspensions? i got a bit of a problem with mine and i'd like to get it done

i left my phone at ur place josh, pm me ur address so i can gps my ass to your place tonight or something lol. being there several times already doesnt do me much good
Old 03-17-2008 | 08:48 AM
Punctuation Nazi

PM Sent.

No dyno at Elite anymore so having a shootout there is kind of not an option, I'll see if I can find a place that has a Dyno nearby for all of us to meet up at once it gets warm. He recommended his Dyno guy at a place in Rogers, about 30 minutes from downtown if we are interested in going up there.

He did say that he was still doing work on the side in the shop, so it may be a good place to get some stuff done. I will need a place to do my pulley and spacers once they get here this week.

I figure that if he can work on the NSX V6, then our V6 shouldn't be too dissimilar.

Last edited by asujosh1; 03-17-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-17-2008 | 10:25 AM
140,000 miles young

I sent the guy an email to ask about the stuff I need done, I'll let you know what he comes back with.
Old 03-17-2008 | 12:30 PM
Punctuation Nazi

I asked him about installing the pulleys as well. He had timing belt set at $300 for labor on his web site, so you shouldn't be too far from there.
Old 03-17-2008 | 01:19 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Bad news guys - next week's deal is canceled - probably going to be pushed back a week.

I went to the UPS store to ship my headlights. Figured I'd overnight them, and he would do the same back. Nope - not for $380 I'm not (and that's 1 way)

It ended up costing me $114.15 just to ship the things ground. They won't get there until Friday or Monday, he will clear them and I'm guessing I will get them back again on a friday or monday.

This sucks - I may have to be without my car for 3 weeks.

On a side note - that whole "oh I just gotta stick a battery in the balzer" thing turned out to be a 2 hour project too. The battery cable was so corroded, that I could not get the nut out of the battery. Had to actually break the side of the battery off so I could get a hold of the battery cable, and the battery post with a pair of channel locks to get them seperated and replace the bolt. Then the battery tie-down clamp ruted through, so when I was loosening the bolt, it was turning somewhere underneath. Had to just bust that out too. Then I went to pep boys looking for a battery... $68 (for a $200 blazer btw). I said screw it and bought a used one from batteries plus for $38.

By the time these damn headlights are done - they better be sweet. Consider the cost of the headlights themselves, +350 for the ZKWs and clearing, +130 for shipping. I'm gonna have some headlights that are worth more than other cars I've had.

I think my priorities are mixed up..lol You guys are spending a few hundred bucks here and there making your cars fast. I just dropped a G on making my lights cooler.

So I'm thinking next meet is tentatively 3/29 - but possibly could be as late as 4/5 if the lights come on Monday instead of Friday. What's you guys' thoughts on that?
Old 03-17-2008 | 01:27 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Yup, your priorities are completely hosed. It will cost $500 and a set of mufflers to fix them.

Just kidding. Sucks to hear that everything is not working according to plan, I thought the 'balzer' was done when we arrived. Might have been cheaper to have purchased some new lights on eBay and had them shipped right to that guy that is doing the work?

Whatever date is ok, we'll make it work. We just need to get more people out there and bust out that grill you kept talking about last week.
Old 03-17-2008 | 02:16 PM
HPP

Originally Posted by underst8
I sent the guy an email to ask about the stuff I need done, I'll let you know what he comes back with.
Thanks for the email, I'll get the labor charges sorted out for all you asked for and I'll email you back.

Originally Posted by asujosh1
I asked him about installing the pulleys as well. He had timing belt set at $300 for labor on his web site, so you shouldn't be too far from there.
I will email you as well. But I have a question for all of you doing pulleys. Does this include a crank pulley? If so, is it billet? Or more specifically is it dampened at all? If not, I do not suggest putting it on your car, they can do more damage then good.

Also that $300 timing belt is on a Eclipse/Talon/Laser, as they are very simple and do not take much time(and does not include parts). The NSX section above that quotes the 90k service(T-belt etc) at $1400 including parts. I'm assuming the CL's and the TL's are similar to the '01 MDX T-belt job which I just did a couple months ago. I'll take a look at the procedure and quote you on the job.

However for reference, do you guys have any labor rates for this job(T-belt) on your car that I can go off of? In general I will come in under any other legitimate quote, but I would be interested to see what others are charging before I come out with a blind quote for you guys. The more info I have, the more attractive I can make my labor quote, any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-17-2008 | 02:20 PM
HPP

that's good to know. you still carry tein suspensions? i got a bit of a problem with mine and i'd like to get it done

i left my phone at ur place josh, pm me ur address so i can gps my ass to your place tonight or something lol. being there several times already doesnt do me much good
Yes I do, and I can usually beat any price out there.

Email me at momin@elite-autosport.com and let me know what parts/labor you would need and I can quote you on it.
Old 03-17-2008 | 02:32 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by HPP
I will email you as well. But I have a question for all of you doing pulleys. Does this include a crank pulley? If so, is it billet? Or more specifically is it dampened at all? If not, I do not suggest putting it on your car, they can do more damage then good.
From what I understand, Hondas are internally balanced and do not require a harmonic balancer. The Pulley kits are almost exclusively the crank pulley and sometimes there are other accessory pulleys as well, but not many people get them. They are also aluminum billet and weigh significantly less than the stock one, most of the gains being from the reduction in weight on the pulley itself.
Old 03-17-2008 | 02:49 PM
140,000 miles young

For everything I put in that email except for the strut mounts and camber kit (new additions), I was quoted $550 at another area shop.
Old 03-17-2008 | 05:21 PM
luvs redheads!

as a few of you know i am looking for work at a performance shop in the cities area and was wondering if you have heard of the following shops and their reputation. The reason is because i want to work for a nice customer friendly shop and since i just got done creating a custom turbo kit for a car for selling soon I would like to develop kits or custom pieces for cars such as acuras for a reputable shop. So if you know what the word on da street is about any of them or know any guys that work at them i would love to hear before i start calling. Obviously my main focus on my time off would be catering to the acuras of the twin cities

I found the following:
Hi-tech motorsport
MAS racing
Extreme Import performance
S&S motorsports
John Haley motorsports
Midwest motorwerks
Velocity motorsports
SMS auto
Real street performance
Further Peformance
Lakeland Imports
Creative Metalworks
Metal Fab inc
If there is any i haven't listed let me know!! THANKS GUYS!
Old 03-17-2008 | 05:24 PM
luvs redheads!

holy shit..

"HPP"---- Momin?? I am on NSXprime..emailed ya about a job a while back. Like i said i develop custom parts etc..and about to put a turbo kit on the market.
Old 03-17-2008 | 05:34 PM
T-Swzy

there's a west side customs by my house in downtown saint paul, they specialize in aftermarket stuff, but from what i've seen that have no engine specialist, all exterior, hydraulics and stuff. ill get their number for you and you can give them a call

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras