Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:11 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know Dan, you live an awful distance from me, it might double my travel time...
Old 03-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tracking info says that I should get the lights on Thursday. I'm expecting that I should be getting my clips in the mail one of these days too. Apparently USPS tracking isn't very specific. Just says they received the billing, and that it left Cali. No ETA or anything.

I'm gonna have to talk to my mom about that..lol (She's a postal worker - makes me mail cards and stuff to them instead of dropping them off at the house)
Old 03-24-2008, 12:45 PM
T-Swzy

went to the dealership today in white bear. more bad news im afraid.
had the guy cut my key, asked him how much, he said 25 bucks. cool. gave him the key, came back with the invoice, 42 and something says the lady. i'm like what the hell, i thought you said 25. he said nope, 39.99

my friend went in cause his tranny is crapping out on him. being an acura dealership, i thought the guy would at least be aware of the problem. nope, told my friend it's gonna cost 110 an hour just to look at it. fuck, we all know the trannies have issues and he better damn well know too. without even feinting knowledge of the prevalent problem, or even asking anything about it. straight up tells him it's 110 to look at.

good news is, we did meet a pretty cool guy that works there. says he's got an 06 TL and is smoke chroming the emblems and stuff. gave him this site as well as mspacura.org

that's it, figured i'd rant about something
Old 03-24-2008, 12:52 PM
Rolling on 20's

Razzi, good meeting you today, you'll have to keep me updated on when you guys meet up. You know where I work so hit me up.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:30 PM
T-Swzy

welcome to the board
we're hopefully meeting up this saturday in coon rapids to install glowrdr's new projectors.
is there a chance we can push this towards 1 or 2 guys? it's warmer around that time and my buddy dont get off work till 3. so we'll crash it late
Old 03-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by Razzi
welcome to the board
we're hopefully meeting up this saturday in coon rapids to install glowrdr's new projectors.
is there a chance we can push this towards 1 or 2 guys? it's warmer around that time and my buddy dont get off work till 3. so we'll crash it late

That's cool with me. Somebody told me that it was supposed to be like 58 on Thursday.... Somebody lied.

Sounds like it may be crappy on Saturday - but it sounds like the only day for a somewhat dry one. Wishful thinking that things go back together much easier and faster than it took to figure out how to take it apart?

Everyone up for grilling on Saturday then? or should we play it safe and hit up one of the local restaraunts? If I had to pick, I'd say Dragon House in Columbia Heights, or La Casita's in Fridley.

If we decide to grill, we should try to get a gang of people together. I've got brats from Costco that would feed an army. Otherwise if you all don't mind some chicken or burgers or something - I can supply those too (and some liquid refreshments of course)

Let me know and I will pick up some supplies. I owe you all one, so it's my treat no matter what we decide.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Glow, put me down for a brat and a burger. I'll bring some 'bow for me.

Yeah, and check out how I almost got ripped off... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AEM-H...spagenameZWD1V

Last edited by asujosh1; 03-24-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Maybe they will let you pick it up locally? lmao
Old 03-24-2008, 10:33 PM
140,000 miles young

lol that posting is hilarious - bastards.

My buddy is most likely coming into town this weekend. If you guys don't mind, he will come hang with us on Saturday. He is into cars - mustangs - but still a car guy.

Gambits, how does this smoke-chroming process work? I have wanted to get black chrome emblems for a long time (well, I guess one black chrome emblem lol).
Old 03-24-2008, 10:38 PM
T-Swzy

i'll be bringing someone too, maybe 2 guys
Old 03-24-2008, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
That's cool with me. Somebody told me that it was supposed to be like 58 on Thursday.... Somebody lied.

Sounds like it may be crappy on Saturday - but it sounds like the only day for a somewhat dry one. Wishful thinking that things go back together much easier and faster than it took to figure out how to take it apart?

Everyone up for grilling on Saturday then? or should we play it safe and hit up one of the local restaraunts? If I had to pick, I'd say Dragon House in Columbia Heights, or La Casita's in Fridley.

If we decide to grill, we should try to get a gang of people together. I've got brats from Costco that would feed an army. Otherwise if you all don't mind some chicken or burgers or something - I can supply those too (and some liquid refreshments of course)

Let me know and I will pick up some supplies. I owe you all one, so it's my treat no matter what we decide.

Brian, keep me posted on this. Call me Friday and remind me.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Rolling on 20's

Underst8, I talked to Automotive Concepts yesterday about the smoked chrome and they haven't perfected the process yet. Said they wouldn't even attempt it so now I get to call back once a month until they figure it out. Got all excited for nothing, whats everyones opinion on smoking the head and tail lights? I'm worried about the 'getting pulled over' factor cause I also don't have a front lic. plate
Old 03-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Just mount your front plate to the factory holes under the bumper like Dan and I did, you will have to bend the plate and drill a hole in it, but it looks much better than having that big ass plastic piece on the front of your car.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:57 PM
T-Swzy

he's got a 3rd gen so i dont know if that's gonna work for him.
as far as tinting go, i'd do it haha. the rockblocker tint is supposed to allow like 90%+ light output in the front and 70%+ in the back (i think?). so it shouldnt be a problem.

i didnt realize you lived out in wisconsin lol, if you're willing to make the 45 min drive to glow's house on sat, we'd love to see you there
Old 03-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Unless you've got a black or the dark grey (unsure of the color names) car - I would avoid it. If you do have a dark color - go for it.

I've noticed that our TL's are pretty low-key when it comes to the cops. I've been pulled over more than my fair share in other vehicles, and have yet to even get looked at by any cops in the TL. I'm not exactly the most law abiding citizen around either.

As for the Saturday meet - it's probably closer to a 30 minute drive for ya. Just take 94 > 610 > east river road/coon rapids blvd and your there. It would literally be like 1 exit and 4 turns to get to me house (not taking mapquests way - they take direct-ions a little too literal sometimes)

If you need directions or an address, let me (or any of us) know. I'll be feeding the pack as well. Then you can see what your car will look like once you clear your headlights and get the ZKW's too
Old 03-25-2008, 10:18 PM
T-Swzy

if any of you guys are in the market for lamps, there're these 45-60 dollar lamps at my work place on clearance for 5 to 10 bucks lol. i'll snap some pix of them if anyone's interested
Old 03-26-2008, 12:17 PM
3rd Gear

Gambit.

what color is your TL? I live in RF, i've might have seen you on the road.....
Old 03-26-2008, 12:19 PM
Rolling on 20's

I checked out the Rockblocker site and saved it to favorites, not to expensive for the whole set, about a $100. Has anyone else used the product?

I live right on the border on 94 so everything in MN is about 30 minutes away. I'd love to come down saturday but I work every freakin saturday no matter what I'm down for anything on Friday and Sundays, love to see what all has been done to your cars for some ideas and just to chill.

Should be getting my replacement rim (busted it in october on a fat pot hole) in a week or so. As long as there isn't any snow coming up their going back on!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:23 PM
Rolling on 20's

SixSpeedLuxury, its a Black/Black 06 with Navi, underbody spoiler kit, deck lid spoiler, tinted windows, no tags on the back except the big A (painted black) and 20's in the summer. Usually parked out in front of a bar lol. What do you drive?
Old 03-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Rolling on 20's

asujosh1, that bracket takes so much away from the styling of every Acura ever made, they need to come up with something else.
Old 03-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Punctuation Nazi

If you are into MotoGP, I am going to have a few people over to watch the race this Sunday. I have some burgers, but you bring the beer and something else to munch on.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:45 PM
T-Swzy

would white bear acura be willing to sponsor a little meet? we could all come visit you someday lol
Old 03-26-2008, 09:13 PM
NBP

Unless you've got a black or the dark grey (unsure of the color names) car - I would avoid it. If you do have a dark color - go for it.

I've noticed that our TL's are pretty low-key when it comes to the cops. I've been pulled over more than my fair share in other vehicles, and have yet to even get looked at by any cops in the TL. I'm not exactly the most law abiding citizen around either.

As for the Saturday meet - it's probably closer to a 30 minute drive for ya. Just take 94 > 610 > east river road/coon rapids blvd and your there. It would literally be like 1 exit and 4 turns to get to me house (not taking mapquests way - they take direct-ions a little too literal sometimes)

If you need directions or an address, let me (or any of us) know. I'll be feeding the pack as well. Then you can see what your car will look like once you clear your headlights and get the ZKW's too

I have the black tail lights with the white still showing and the yellow fogs and i usually get hated on pretty good by cops but that really nothing new....
In light of that i think i might rip the black of the tails and smoke the top white and turn signal part. what do you guys think a bout that? i havent seen it done yet i dont think.
Im working saturday otherwise id drop by but is there anything happening sunday, i read something about that i think.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:30 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Gambits06TL
Razzi, good meeting you today, you'll have to keep me updated on when you guys meet up. You know where I work so hit me up.

Welcome on board Gambit I have probably seen your car at WB Acura I go there allot you have chrome 20" rims dont you. I know Bill Lee, Chris, Kang and Jason and I also Know Mike in parts. You have probably seen my TL SSM Koneig rims. I might see you at Glow Head light party. If the weather holds
Old 03-27-2008, 12:20 AM
140,000 miles young

Sucks about the black chrome, ive wanted that forever oh well. jorge whem am i gonna see those rims? abc i think tinting just the top white parts of the tails would look hot, almost like the legend type 2 coupe n i love its tails. i gotta throw my tail tint on once ip gets warmer out. i wont have my car on sat, which means next time u see it there will be a pulley on that biotch!
Old 03-27-2008, 06:31 AM
3rd Gear

Talking

Originally Posted by Gambits06TL
SixSpeedLuxury, its a Black/Black 06 with Navi, underbody spoiler kit, deck lid spoiler, tinted windows, no tags on the back except the big A (painted black) and 20's in the summer. Usually parked out in front of a bar lol. What do you drive?

I drive 06, nbp, 6spd, nav, underbody, no spoiler(s), no tint, no emblems. I drive it once a week, hopefully I can get her done soon.......19's and low.

What famous bar in dt hudson??
Old 03-27-2008, 06:34 AM
3rd Gear

rolled??

saw a thread a while back about a place in the TC for rolled fenders?? can anyone point me the right direction??
Old 03-27-2008, 07:46 AM
Punctuation Nazi

I saw a good DIY for rolling fenders a few years back, you should be able to do it yourself if you have a wood baseball bat handy.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:37 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by asujosh1
I saw a good DIY for rolling fenders a few years back, you should be able to do it yourself if you have a wood baseball bat handy.

car too expensive for a baseball bat. I want it done the right way with the roller.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:48 AM
3rd Gear

Wink

Glow, so are you inviting me too?? That means I have to wash my dirty car!
Old 03-27-2008, 01:30 PM
Honda Noob

Hey guys, I'm some what new to AZ and ya'll see like a cool group. Is it ok if i join an upcoming meet?
Old 03-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

The more the merrier for meets. This upcoming one on Saturday is actually sounding like it will turn out fairly well.

It started as not so much of a meet - but as a "put the car back together" meet. Well by the unofficial tally, it sounds like there may be 10+ people coming.

My buddy Luke (LS1) said that he will be coming too, and might be bringing some MN F-Body clubbers. For the new guys, that's my buddy that's in an FBody club (camaro, firebird, trans-am)

Sounds like a couple stangs may be there too.

I'm currently dethawing a big 'ol Costco size pack of brats (think theres like 30 in there), and I will grab a couple cases of the beer and see what happens. And if only 3 people show up, I've never had a beer go bad on me yet...lol

Anyone that needs directions (I'm in Coon Rapids), just PM any of us and we can provide. I'd post out here, but there's always the risk of the 1 time posters grabbing your info and putting you on a mailing list or something
Old 03-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Hey Dan - there is a Woot-Off going on right now, and they have a disposable 8 hour battery for ipods/iphones for $.79 if your interested.

BTW - Woot is one of those 1 deal a day type sites. Once every month or so, they have a big clearance type sale, where they will sell 50+ items on the site - switching items once they sell out (usually every few minutes - good for killing a day at work hitting the F5 button)
Old 03-27-2008, 02:03 PM
140,000 miles young

Thats a good deal on the woot-off. Not sure if I need it tho, my iPod stays securely plugged into my car interface 24/7 but thanks for the heads up!

I am kinda disappointed that I won't have my car this weekend, it would be nice to take some pics with a crapload of acuras and some domestic muscle in that circle in front of your house. We should leave a gap in one pic and I can photoshop it in later lol.
Old 03-27-2008, 04:44 PM
140,000 miles young

Check this out. I think we should all get together at Brian's and not leave for a week. We can do this engine work to all our cars:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194519
Old 03-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Porting and polishing is like a black art. Sometimes to make things flow better you actually have to add material in one area and remove it in another, this is why it is sooooo expensive to do it.

If you do it right, you will get some pretty impressive gains though.

Once my pulley blows my motor I am going to get medieval on its ass though.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:56 PM
luvs redheads!

^ its quite simple really if you understand the flow of gases etc.

I have done it myself. Like...did you know you should remove as much metal from the top of the exhaust side because..heat rises..so most of the exhaust gases are flowing on the top side...and you want it super smooth so no carbon builds up.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 PM
T-Swzy

i cant stop looking at that supercharger
Old 03-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

So I got my headlights back tonight, and it made a little more sense as to what exactly it was that I had JnC do.

So I knew that the clearing was removing the amber reflector. I saw some pictures of it done, but it's much cooler and cleaner in person. Plus if you look at a headlight pic of a 3G, you can see there is a chrome strip that actually held the reflector in place. This is still there, so it adds a nice little chrome strip to the lights - not a huge deal, but just a nice little detail that I never really noticed.

As for the ZKW swap. I knew that it changed the light reflective pattern, and provided a much cleaner and crisp light cutoff. I guess I knew more about the ZKW's then my OEM lights. I've heard the ZKW's described as crystal clear - and I kind of took it for marketing value since my headlights were clear too - or so I though.

I was sent back the OEM lenses, and now I know what exactly a fresnal lense is. I never really put much thought into it, since I didn't "know" what it was that I was trying to understand. The ZKW lenses are actually a crystal clear lense, and you can actually hold it up to something like a book or magazine and see right through it. The fresnal lenses on the other hand are indeed clear glass, but the lense itself is comprimised of 80-100 "circles" of glass. Basically it's almost as if the glass was put on a lathe, and it was cut in micro-steps until it gives the appearance of being round. The ZKW is actually polished and round. I'll show you this Saturday what I'm talking about. Makes everything clear as to what exactly happened.

I almost got ambitious and put the lights in myself if it weren't for UPS arriving so late (was like 7 before he came) and that I didn't have the chrome amber bulbs to put in yet.

But I did remove the rear mudflaps and put the srew that holds the bumper to the rear fenders back in (realized this after we put everything back together) And I put the bumper clips in that were broke. However - I did realize that the clips in the trunk are not the same clips used for the bumper. So I will probably have to hit up the dealer or a hardware store to find 1 clip for the trunk. Otherwise maybe I will just find one in the rear of the trunk to remove, and move it to the front. I'll probably just replace it though so I'm not adding to the already rattle prone car.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Here is the side bar that I was talking about

Here is the fresnal effect that I was trying to explain. I took a picture through the OEM lense

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras