Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 09:59 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meet

Hey Folks! Do you have any meets planned in the near future?.I havent been to any of the meets yet but i would like to.Thanks F1
Old 03-20-2008, 10:03 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Anyone want to suggest a type of food? I believe we have Buffalo on the west and White Bear on the east, and an interim place is up at 494/94 intersection. We can use that website I posted about a few pages ago to find a good place.

That is, unless someone knows of a good place in that area...

(We all know Glow is down with the B-dubs)
Old 03-20-2008, 10:09 PM

Do you guys mind if a domestic hangs out? I just like hanging out with other car guys.
Old 03-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Oh man, I don't know if we could be seen with a DOMESTIC! I mean, we have reps to think about, and what would that say to our fans? You just might have to roll with Glow if you want to come with us...

Just kidding, we may own Acuras now, but I bet everyone at some point had something else, we can't discriminate just because you haven't realized how nice Acuras are yet...

KIDDING!!
Old 03-20-2008, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by asujosh1
Oh man, I don't know if we could be seen with a DOMESTIC! I mean, we have reps to think about, and what would that say to our fans? You just might have to roll with Glow if you want to come with us...

Just kidding, we may own Acuras now, but I bet everyone at some point had something else, we can't discriminate just because you haven't realized how nice Acuras are yet...

KIDDING!!

Its all good. I really like Brians TL. Thing is pimp. I could just pull 7 plug wires so you guys can keep up. lol
Old 03-20-2008, 10:23 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Oh, them's bannable words!! Can we get a banning over here for the hater?
Old 03-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Instructor

[QUOTE=ls1sizzledizzle]
Originally Posted by GLowrdr
Holy crap - I went onto the acura website to check on the clips I need for the bumpers and trunk. I noticed it said quantity - 10, $3.04. I was like sweet. I'll bring my 3 and change and grab some new clips.

No.... there are 10 in a bag, and they require that you buy them by the bag. 10 x 3.04 = $30.40 for a freakin bag of clips. WTF?
./QUOTE]

Just use zip ties dude.
Try ebay thats were i got mine.Just like GLowrdr said.They were a lot cheaper.Just my 2cents
Old 03-20-2008, 10:29 PM

Oh, them's bannable words!! Can we get a banning over here for the hater?
:surrender
Old 03-21-2008, 08:39 AM
T-Swzy

hell yah it'd be tight. the next time a civic pulls up or something, we'll just have luke rip him a new one
Old 03-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Wait, did Razzi just say that a civic was faster than a TL? Did that just happen?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LMAO - I think he did. I had the same exact thought though. We can sick Luke on vettes and such - they don't stand a chance.

You guys would almost have to see his car to believe it. I've seen some fast ass cars on the track and such, but Luke is the only person that I know personally and can actually ride in his car while he passes some little rich kid in a camero SS on the shoulder doing a buck-20.

Luke's friggin nuts, but he's alright in my book. I dunno about the part where he says he likes to hang out with guys though....... :theghey:

I used to work over in that area, but all that i really know in that exact area is a macaroni grill. Not quite meet material..lol

On 394 and louisiana there is a fuddruckers, fridays, and benigans. Otherwise on 394/494 there is a sports bar right by ridgedale (?) mall. I think it's a Majors or something. I know where it's at, just can't think of the name. It's in the malls parking lot though.

I'm down for just about anything. But as stated - B-dubs is always a good backup. That or mexican
Old 03-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by formula1
Hey Folks! Do you have any meets planned in the near future?.I havent been to any of the meets yet but i would like to.Thanks F1

It's not 100% confirmed quite yet due to some logistical issues on my part - but I'm thinking 3/29 or 4/5 (both Saturdays)

Last weekend everyone was over to my place and we installed the type S lights and rear markers on my 3G. The headlights are currently out of my car getting cleared and getting a ZKW swap. I had hopes of getting everything overnighted until UPS told me I was rich enough to play that ($300+ each way).

So instead of the project taking 3 days like I had planned, it's going to take 2 weeks. The timing will depend on whether I get my lights back on Friday (in which we can do it next saturday) or Monday (then I will wait until next weekend)

I will keep everyone posted. Hopefully JnC should be getting my lights today and having them done and back out the door on Monday. I'll track once I get the number and let everyone know.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Holy crap - I went onto the acura website to check on the clips I need for the bumpers and trunk. I noticed it said quantity - 10, $3.04. I was like sweet. I'll bring my 3 and change and grab some new clips.

No.... there are 10 in a bag, and they require that you buy them by the bag. 10 x 3.04 = $30.40 for a freakin bag of clips. WTF?

At that price I better count to see how many I actually need. Any ideas of where else I can find them? I'm gonna try eBay, but I'm not sure if Tim can get these for us or not. Checked the web site but didn't see anything.
I have seen some on Ebay for sure
Old 03-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Advanced

Wait, did Razzi just say that a civic was faster than a TL? Did that just happen?
Naaa!!! that was not Razzi it was his bro. Rozzi.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Advanced

Alright, heard back from the guys at MAP about a dyno day, what does everyone think about July 5 or 12? Both are Saturdays (we have any Sat to work with). Each person would get 3 pulls for $50. Winner would have a year worth of bragging rights and a large bullseye painted on their back for next year.

The plan is that we average the numbers from the three pulls and that is your value. We can break it up by 1st gen, 2nd gen (Type S and not), 3rd gen (Type S and not) and RL if anyone shows up to play with Ry4an. We would have an overall winner for the person who nets the highest average number.

Any and all betting would be for people to set up on their own.

If someone has a portable grill we could prolly BBQ in their lot while they are running cars and have a decent day of it.

Let me know if you are down

1. Asujosh1
2. Underst8

I migth be in need to install the QUESTIONABLE PULLEY, and the thermo spacers I have sitting in my house first but I could just attend for the BBQ and just to hang.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Hey, I may have to come up to your place and install my pulley as well, but I would need some help since I have a gimp wing. I have the crank and alternator pulleys to mount up as well as a thermoblok for the throttle body (that I may or may not install, the important one is between the motor and the intake...)
Old 03-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Now pulley installations I do have experience with. Does anyone have the pulley-puller-outter?

If not - I can get one from my dad, or I can probably borrow one from someone that I put the pulley in their car for.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:30 PM

LMAO - I think he did. I had the same exact thought though. We can sick Luke on vettes and such - they don't stand a chance.

You don't need to sick me on them, I go after them naturally.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Advanced

GT5 isn't out yet. And besides, what are you doing, playing NBA Basketball on the PS3 demo while you work?

The shootout would be on a weekend, and it is MAP that I have contacted about it. Brainerd only does the 'show up and run' thing on Wednesday nights, they have events on Fri, Sat nights.

I'll let you know what I hear back from them, hopefully it will be pretty soon.
When are you planninon installing. You and I have bothe the same things to install. We should do them at the same time.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Punctuation Nazi

When I can talk Dan into doing the work for me, or I have strength in my shoulder enough to actually do something with it. Right now I might as well chop the thing off for as much good as it is doing me. But, I guess I am able to use it for drinking and typing, so I just might keep it around for a bit longer.

Seriously, I have no idea when I will be doing it, but since the wife has declared I am on my own for finding funds for the installs, I am going to have to do it.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:32 PM
Advanced

Hey, I may have to come up to your place and install my pulley as well, but I would need some help since I have a gimp wing. I have the crank and alternator pulleys to mount up as well as a thermoblok for the throttle body (that I may or may not install, the important one is between the motor and the intake...)
that would be cool. what tools woul we need.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Advanced

When I can talk Dan into doing the work for me, or I have strength in my shoulder enough to actually do something with it. Right now I might as well chop the thing off for as much good as it is doing me. But, I guess I am able to use it for drinking and typing, so I just might keep it around for a bit longer.

Seriously, I have no idea when I will be doing it, but since the wife has declared I am on my own for finding funds for the installs, I am going to have to do it.
just let me know what tools I have alot of tools but I do not have a torque wrench but I could borrow one. This might be a good excuse to buy hey.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:41 PM
T-Swzy

man you guys havent seen the sleeper civics rollin round then. once in a blue moon there will be a crappy civic with a boosted b18

as far as meets go, make it a weekend and i'll be there. after doing spring compressing i'm sure i could out-bench press the hulk
Old 03-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Takata 18
just let me know what tools I have alot of tools but I do not have a torque wrench but I could borrow one. This might be a good excuse to buy hey.
Lets see if the weather starts to get nice soon, and plan on doing it then. I got a Grill we can get some meat and grill. I might even get my S-Type side markers and install them too.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Razzi
man you guys havent seen the sleeper civics rollin round then. once in a blue moon there will be a crappy civic with a boosted b18

as far as meets go, make it a weekend and i'll be there. after doing spring compressing i'm sure i could out-bench press the hulk
Hey Razzi Teach me the Avastar install. You are the PIMP DADDY when it comes to Avastar's. I have tried but cant figure out WTF I am doing wrong.

Last edited by Takata 18; 03-21-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Advanced

Lets see if the weather starts to get nice soon, and plan on doing it then. I got a Grill we can get some meat and grill. I might even get my S-Type side markers and install them too.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:30 PM
140,000 miles young

Im Down For A Meet When I Get Back From Easter With The Parents. Posting From A Plane Right Now, Is That A First On Azine lol?
Old 03-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Punctuation Nazi

I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy an Acura service manual so that I can have all of the answers...
Old 03-22-2008, 12:30 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by Takata 18

You will just need to have some sockets (anyone wanna bet it's a 10mm...lol), a sprocket puller (or whatever the hell it's called), and technically a torque wrench - but I've never actually used one for the install.

BTW - I got a torque wrench for x-mas from the in-laws. There's nobody in the family that's a handyman - so my father-in-law thinks it's the greatest thing on earth he can buy me tools and such. Last xmas I got one of those little giant type ladders (it's a gorilla ladder, but same thing)

So - if anyone wants to do the install at my place, I've got the tools except for the pulley puller, but I can get that. Otherwise if we make this a traveling road show - I can bring the torque wrench.

Also - just to throw something in there... Does Saturday or Sunday work out better for you guys? I just call it Saturday so that it's not on a day that we work, and then we still have another day afterwards in case it kills the whole afternoon. But either day works out for me. I know Formula would like to do it Sunday - but in the end all I really care about this time is that I can get my car back together and drive it. The rest of the meets can happen on a Wednesday at midnight for all I care..lol
Old 03-22-2008, 09:55 AM
T-Swzy

lol the weather sucks all the way up until the 31st lol. but if you guys figure out when and where. i'll be there

george, at the top there's a Your Account link, click that and on the left side click Edit Avatar. you can upload one from a url link or from your comp. "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 175 by 125 pixels or 100.0 KB (whichever is smaller)."
Old 03-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Punctuation Nazi

I'm betting the crank pulley is a 17 or something along that size, because it probably has quite a bit of torque on it. But, I welcome the use of a torque wrench, for most things I don't really use them, but for the important things like this I would.
Old 03-22-2008, 11:55 AM
T-Swzy

imma order some ngk iridium on monday, if they arrive before saturday, i'll pick up some oil and seafoam and blast that sucker.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:17 PM
T-Swzy

well, just found out napa has the NGKs so imma probably get that done monday lol
Old 03-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Advanced

I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy an Acura service manual so that I can have all of the answers...
Josh I got one for my car on ebay for $1.30 and itis a CD. I think the seller had others. Shipping was $5.00
Old 03-22-2008, 01:07 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Just got pics of my headlights - they are done and on their way back. Anyone up for a meet next weekend? Let me know which days works out for everyone, and we should be able to get mine all put back together.

Plus if anyone else wants to do something, let me know and I will make sure to have tools on hand. I will even clean my garage on Friday so I know where my tools are. I know.. I know. I said I was going to do this last year too.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:56 PM
T-Swzy

sounds like imma have to make weekly trips up to coon rapids lol
Old 03-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

So here is what I have been waiting for... check it out

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176802
Old 03-22-2008, 09:28 PM
HPP

It's not 100% confirmed quite yet due to some logistical issues on my part - but I'm thinking 3/29 or 4/5 (both Saturdays)

Last weekend everyone was over to my place and we installed the type S lights and rear markers on my 3G. The headlights are currently out of my car getting cleared and getting a ZKW swap. I had hopes of getting everything overnighted until UPS told me I was rich enough to play that ($300+ each way).

So instead of the project taking 3 days like I had planned, it's going to take 2 weeks. The timing will depend on whether I get my lights back on Friday (in which we can do it next saturday) or Monday (then I will wait until next weekend)

I will keep everyone posted. Hopefully JnC should be getting my lights today and having them done and back out the door on Monday. I'll track once I get the number and let everyone know.
Care to explain to a headlight newb what you are getting done? I think I understand the ZKW part.. better/clearer projector lens? But what is the "getting cleared"?
Old 03-22-2008, 09:43 PM
luvs redheads!

he is having the orange reflectors in the housing removed and maybe any other reflectors inside the headlight housing.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:45 PM
140,000 miles young

that shit looks hot Brian! can't wait to see the sexy cutoff. When are you getting them back?

If you guys want to do something next weekend I will be down. I will hopefully be Ack-less (weird, right?) if it goes into the shop as planned, but I am sure Josh can handle driving me.

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras