Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 10:23 PM
T-Swzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweet, gonna have this done monday then. woot
Old 03-05-2008, 02:28 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by Razzi
ah josh, fountain of random knowledge.
lovin the progress brian. set a date when you install, i wanna be there for it
I guess the "Wayne's World" movies are a little bit before your time... What, were you in kindergarten when they came out?

If you decide to watch the original movie, you will see that this is a line that Alice Cooper says when talking about Milwaukee. I just thought it was funny.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:04 PM
T-Swzy

yeah, when i was in kindergarten i was also in vietnam, so really no chance of wayne's world there. hell, i didnt know what a movie was. but man i was tough. when i first came over here, and we took phy ed. i was hitting like 60 push ups haha
Old 03-05-2008, 10:36 PM
A Man With Goals

yeah, when i was in kindergarten i was also in vietnam, so really no chance of wayne's world there. hell, i didnt know what a movie was. but man i was tough. when i first came over here, and we took phy ed. i was hitting like 60 push ups haha

lol. same thing for me. i got 100+ on the pacer when i was in 8th grade.

now its hard to get passed 70
Old 03-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Ok, well you need to get your tuff self on over to Hollywood Video and rent Wayne's World. There are entirely too many pop-culture references to that movie for you to have not seen it.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:31 PM
T-Swzy

i say we all get together and watch wayne's world. you guys can fill me in on other stuff too
Old 03-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Come on over, I'm pretty much stuck on the couch until Monday. I had shoulder surgery on Tuesday and going to work this morning was a mistake...
Old 03-06-2008, 08:30 PM
T-Swzy

lol. maybe i will. watch wayne's world and follow it up with a detail session
Old 03-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Sean

hey guys i know i live in omaha but i will be up there around may 1 for a couple of days. let me know if there is going to be any meets. in omaha i am the only TL lover. this place is horrible. thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You driving your car or just be in town?

I'm sure when it gets a little closer to the time we could arrange for some TC hospitality. Even if it's no meet - we're always down for some wings and beer.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Sean

driven. grandmas bday. i am up there like 2-3 times a year. thats cool what ever works. there is just no love for tls down here
Old 03-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Daytona 200 AMA season kickoff today! MotoGP season opener tomorrow evening, ah, I love it when the motorcycle race season starts up again...
Old 03-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Hey everyone
Just got back from my 2.5 days snowmobile trip. Had a blast got to see super modify nitros drags sleds top speeds of 150 MPH on ICE . I also got to race with the guys I went with I blew away a 600 Yamaha and a 570 fan cooled Artic cat. My speed 103 MPH How is everyone doing. Josh how was surgey no pain I hope.

Last edited by Takata 18; 03-09-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Surgery went well, not too much pain, just this horrible rash from the sticky shit they put all over you, the tape, the sensors, etc. I guess I am allergic to sticky shit.

The shoulder is good though, works pretty nicely. There are a couple of pinch points that will hopefully go away when the selling goes down, but other than that, I am back to most of my usefulness.

I haven't tried lifting anything of any weight though, so when I do we'll see how my shoulder likes it.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:29 AM
T-Swzy

you're bedridden till monday josh?
old men like you shouldnt be doing insane shit like that george lol
Old 03-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Nah, not bedridden, just couchridden. I was on the couch for a few days because putting my arms up on my desk and getting into a suit were not very fun. So, I watched a lot of movies and every episode of Top Gear I could find. Daytime TV sucks.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:26 PM
140,000 miles young

Sorry I didn't make it over Josh, I had to go to work (still here). Horrible.

So the ack almost went the way of the dodo today, not very pleasant. I was stopped on 9th at the 9th/Marquette intersection downtown. Light turns green, I wait a second and begin to accelerate, as does the guy to my left. Then he hits his brakes and I see a fucking huge-ass last 70's american POS buick or some shit coming from the left and I slam on my brakes. Asshole was probably doing 45+ and blew the light like 2-3 seconds after it changed to green for me. I swear to god he passed not 1 foot in front of my car; I would have been totaled for sure.

Some people deserve to be taken out back and shot.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Advanced

you're bedridden till monday josh?
old men like you shouldnt be doing insane shit like that george lol
Razzi some one has to do it. Besides it is fun to see the frustration on the face of a young pup when you leave him behind and he can"t catch up.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by asujosh1
Nah, not bedridden, just couchridden. I was on the couch for a few days because putting my arms up on my desk and getting into a suit were not very fun. So, I watched a lot of movies and every episode of Top Gear I could find. Daytime TV sucks.
Good to hear you are doing well.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

So after some second thoughts, and watching an extremely good (and easy) DIY - I have decided that I would rather remove my own bumper and have the car sitting in the garage instead of having the body shop do it and leave it outside for a week.

I haven't received any confirmation e-mails yet, but the last info I got said that my TL-S tails, smoked side markers, and the trunk mat should be shipping tomorrow.

Once I get those, I will be taking out my headlights and shipping them off for the clearing and ZKW retrofit.

Once I get those back, maybe we outta have a chill and grill at my place? I'll watch the weather and see what kind of timeline I'm looking at. If it works out well for a weekend, I'm down for it. Otherwise if I get the lights back on a Monday or Tuesday - I may just have to put them in myself (though we can always grill)

Old 03-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Punctuation Nazi

If you can wait one more month before you do your headlights, i may be getting a set of headers that need to be installed...

By end of summer I am going to have headers and pulley installed and start on the interior. Re-painting the bumpers is going to have to wait until the end of the summer I think
Old 03-11-2008, 11:27 AM
T-Swzy

damn it's tuesday. supposed to be 36 on sat and 39 on sunday if you wanna hold out brian :P
Old 03-11-2008, 12:01 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

As for waiting a month - since I bought the ZKW's and the clearing from JnC here in the forums - I kind of want to get it done sooner rather than later. I have paid for everything, he is just waiting for my lights to arrive.

I think I've got some plans for this Saturday already (going to some auction with a buddy of mine) - but Sunday actually sounds like a plan.

Oh man - the wifey is gonna kick my ass. She has no idea that I'm doing any of this - and out of the blue I'm going to quit driving my car for a week. I bought that blazer and only drove it twice this winter because I couldn't part with the TL. She's gonna know something is up.. lmao.

My B-day is in April and I told her she could tint my windows for me and she was like "WTF - your not touching the car". I should have never co-signed with her.. lol

So if I get things OK'ed with the wife, anyone down for helping me eat some steak, and remove my bumper? It looks not too tough, but kind of a 2 person job due to the sie of things. I'll also be putting in the tails that day too as long as I can find a DIY for removing the rear bumper and side markers.

I can wait until next weekend to put the tails in if people want to come but cant make it. but I gotta get the front off this weekend and at least get the lights in the mail. If nobody is available - I may have my buddy help me on Saturday. He's had his fair share of lowriders in his days, so I'm sure he knows a thing or two about pulling bumpers.

Last edited by GLowrdr; 03-11-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 02:53 PM
Broke college grad

Is yours a 3rd gen or 2nd gen
Old 03-11-2008, 03:02 PM
T-Swzy

like i said before, set a date and expect a crowd
Old 03-11-2008, 03:17 PM
Broke college grad

Razzi I saw in another thread you were asking about the black headlights I have some on my car I got em off ebay from atomicstreet for like 170 I think it was and Glowrdr if your car is 2nd gen I know how to get the bumper off I had to do it to put my lights in.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Punctuation Nazi

he's got a 3rd gen.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Sorry... actaully had to do something at work..lol

Won't happen again

Let me talk to the wifey and see what our plans are for this weekend. If we are pretty busy, I may just do some of the work myself and get the front lights out and gettem shipped.

(off subject - you guys been outside lately? 49 out. woot!)

So either this Sunday or next Saturday is what I'm thinking tentatively if you guys are interested and maybe want to chalk something in.

Josh answered the last question - I've got the 3G. But if you've done it before, and wanted to come on over - I'm sure not much has changed except for the shape. Not to mention you could probably throw a rock at my house from yours if we lived any closer. I'm in CR right off of Crooked Lake (back by the library).

I'll keep you all posted. Josh - you looking for someplace to do the headers, or just looking for someone to hold your beer so it don't get tipped over? I could lend a hand either way. Heck - by then, I may even have my tools back in the box where we can find them. And my garage may just be dry too...lol
Old 03-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Prolly both, LOL! But seriously, I still have a bit of healing to do before I can get involved with something like that. I might have just set myself back about 3 weeks, but I have to go to the doc to find out.

I'm just checking out some Appleseed Anime, someone told me it was pretty good. (and no, it was not Ken, surprisingly enough)
Old 03-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Never really did get into anime myself. I'll tell you though.. I've run into some wierd ass anime before.... like someone was sitting alone in their room for too long type shit.

Let us know about the headers then - That's another project that I've never done before, but if I had a second set of eyes telling me what not to unbolt, I'd be down for dong some grunt work. I kind of left you guys to do your own thing this winter, but it's another story when your not rolling around on a slush-soaked floor with nothing between you but a piece of plastic you've been standing on for hours.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Yeah, there is some seriously whack shit out there in Anime land, but this is supposedly pretty mainstream. I remember a friend renting some movie and a group of five guys was like, 'WTF, this is outta control'
Old 03-11-2008, 05:22 PM
Broke college grad

Ill see if Im open this weekend I turn 18 on saturday so ill prob be busy this weekend tho but man you are close you right off of 10 then.
Anybody go to the autoshow downtown yet I go every year with ma pops. Its fun sitting in porsches wishing you were driving them.

Last edited by BlackuraTL; 03-11-2008 at 05:25 PM.
Old 03-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Not too far from 10. You'd get off at hanson and hit coon rapids blvd (or cut over on Northdale by the HS).

I'm down further towards anoka sort of. In between Cheapskate and Arby's.

Happy b-day than, and I'll be the first to say you better not show up on your birthday..lol I'm liable to get ya tipsy and we can't have that.

Speaking of... I found out the other day that the liquor store by me sells 1.75L of Patron Silver. Mmmm.. I had to goto the store and actually buy a whole bag of limes. lol

Man - you guys are gonna think I have ADD the way I keep jumping around like this. I told Kelli (my wife) that I was going to be "working on the car" and she seemed fine with that. She knows I put the CAI, so I told her I had to check on the filter, and take apart the dash to get to the cabin filter and so on. She lost interest at that point so I was home free in just leaving it at "it will be in the garage for a few days while I drive the blazer"

So.... it sounds like definately next Saturday (3/22) for putting in the new lights pending some sort of snow disaster striking. If it's warm outside, I'll fire up the grill. If it's not, we can all head on over to BW3's? Time is up in the air at this point. I'm thinking afternoon sometime... maybe between noon and two?

Let me know (damn.. this thing is like a novel now)
Old 03-11-2008, 09:25 PM
T-Swzy

damn, i got work till 5 on sat. that's what i get for being the most competent and taking monday and tuesday off. i was outside today washing the TL, finally got her all washed under the sun, had to constantly dry as i go. then went inside for some anime, small world? came out car was gone. hour later mom came back, i think she musta hit every puddle in the city.
and my paint went to hell and back, swirls everywhere.
im thinking of polishing by hand if i cant get a UDM or a porter cable.
one of my headlight is oxidizing, i sanded it down for 20 mins today but didnt seem to take much off, might be on the inside. in which case i'm looking at those block headlights.

happy bday blac
Old 03-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Punctuation Nazi

I'm afraid I won't be anything but moral support this weekend, but if I can convince Dan to go, we'll be there.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Broke college grad

Razzi what color is your car cause I have NBP and the headlights look supreme with the black on black.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:21 AM
140,000 miles young

I'll come this weekend! I won't be around on the 22nd (going home to RI for easter) but if you end up doing something this weekend I will grab Josh's lamed-up ass and we can come help/Josh can hold a beer with his good hand and tell me when I am fucking something up.

I'd like a cruise out to the burbs even with the CLs currently lame suspension.3

Happy birthday youngin! and Razzi's car is blacktastic
Old 03-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Any of you follow F1? The season starts this weekend and I have signed up for a fantasy league if anyone is interested in joining let me know and I will send you an invite. It is hosted by a british website and the fee to sign up is roughly $20 (its 10 pounds). There are some cool prizes for winners and if we set up our own league there is a set of prizes specifically for the league we set up.

Let me know if you are interested....

The site hosting it is www. crash.net if you are interested in finding out more info.
Old 03-12-2008, 09:21 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by underst8
I'll come this weekend! I won't be around on the 22nd (going home to RI for easter) but if you end up doing something this weekend I will grab Josh's lamed-up ass and we can come help/Josh can hold a beer with his good hand and tell me when I am fucking something up.

I'd like a cruise out to the burbs even with the CLs currently lame suspension.3

Happy birthday youngin! and Razzi's car is blacktastic
Shall we plan something for Sunday then? I'll let you guys pick a time since I'm pretty open. Depending on how much time everyone has - we can either just pull the front bumper and headlights, or we can also do the tails and side markers at the same time. Either way works for me.

Sometime this weekend (probably Sunday again) - I need to put a new battery in the blazer since my car will be out of comish. I think while it's down for the count I may just do the cabin filter mod (removing the glove box and cutting a pass through for the filter - then in the future I just need to flip the glovebox down and out rather than unscrewing it to change the filter)

So how have things been coming with your car Dan? I knew you picked up a bunch of goodies. Waiting until spring, or just waiting?
Old 03-12-2008, 06:26 PM
T-Swzy

so is it sat or sunday? turns out i work 5pm to 10 on sat, so in the morning im free. pretty sure im all free sunday tho, next week's schedule dont come out till thursday.
i told my mom to make eggrolls and she's cool with it. just need to know if it's sat or sunday

and Blac, got any pictures man? i wanna see this bad boy. and i messaged atomicstreet cause he didnt have any in stock, hasnt replied

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras