Acura TLX Type S Reviews/Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 12:52 PM
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Tony Pac
Dough is a special guy, I think you just watch his reviews for fun and don’t worry about what he says. If you want a real review, opinion and technical info, there is SG. Those guys know their sh1t.

Everyone that has driven the Type S says the car isn’t fast but handles very well. Dough said the opposite but it’s Dough and he got millions of followers for a reason
Agreed the SG guys are some of the best YouTubers around. I think their type S review was mostly positive except the paddle shifting performance and the engine not having old school Honda character. Which is fine with me because I won't touch the paddle shifters and and I for one am looking forward to driving a car that you don't have to wring out to access the power.
Old 07-03-2021, 01:16 PM
Instructor

Received 337 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by mikedub88
Agreed the SG guys are some of the best YouTubers around. I think their type S review was mostly positive except the paddle shifting performance and the engine not having old school Honda character.
This point they made is very very true if you've owned a lot of Honda products. I'm used to a Honda product having that cam profile change above 5-6k RPM and that final VTEC scream before the next gear and right when you're expecting that to start, the car shifts. It's not a ding against the car it's just a reminder that a certain era of Honda is coming to an end.
Old 07-03-2021, 03:13 PM
Racer

Received 310 Likes on 143 Posts
Nice overview including 1/4 mile run (13.5) and installation of the interior trim pieces if anyone wants to DIY and avoid dealership techs and save a few bucks. Seems pretty simple.

Old 07-03-2021, 03:30 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 1,598 Likes on 961 Posts
Agreed the SG guys are some of the best YouTubers around. I think their type S review was mostly positive except the paddle shifting performance and the engine not having old school Honda character. Which is fine with me because I won't touch the paddle shifters and and I for one am looking forward to driving a car that you don't have to wring out to access the power.
that’s why I respect them. Even though they had sone negative points but I believe them and I am sure they are right. If anyone wants an honest review but great info. Watch SG, followed by a real test drive.
Old 07-03-2021, 03:51 PM
Safety Car

Received 3,429 Likes on 1,879 Posts
Originally Posted by Camaro194
Nice overview including 1/4 mile run (13.5) and installation of the interior trim pieces if anyone wants to DIY and avoid dealership techs and save a few bucks. Seems pretty simple.

https://youtu.be/CjuaR4FBv7k
Wow, I hope that quarter mile time is not official. Sure, the Type S doesn't need to be the fastest...but 13.5s would make it substantially slower than its slowest competitor. IIRC the S4 is around 12.8s, hell even the much maligned RS400 does it in 13 seconds flat. Even the RLX SH did it in 13.6s...
The following users liked this post:
BEAR-AvHistory (07-03-2021)
Old 07-03-2021, 05:23 PM
Instructor

Received 234 Likes on 99 Posts
Originally Posted by fiatlux
Wow, I hope that quarter mile time is not official. Sure, the Type S doesn't need to be the fastest...but 13.5s would make it substantially slower than its slowest competitor. IIRC the S4 is around 12.8s, hell even the much maligned RS400 does it in 13 seconds flat. Even the RLX SH did it in 13.6s...
didnt use the launch control, and had the all season on. Not a good example of what it can do. Multiple people have gotten 4.7 vs his 5.3 0-60 because he just mashed it. Should certainly improve the quarter mile as well
Old 07-03-2021, 05:29 PM
Instructor

Seems about right, the guys at sea level (or whatever is causing the discrepancy) that were getting more confidently under 5s would probably get closer to a flat 13. I don't think there is a huge gap between the TLX-S and S4 based on driving them both but the S4 launches harder and that probably gives it just a few tenths of a second edge. I'd bet a .3-.4s spread not a .7-8.s one.

Think a debate between the TLX-S and S4 is going to be settled with styling and options preferences or the price tag more than performance.
Old 07-03-2021, 08:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
I don't know how C&D got their times, but this same guy used a dragy on a SH-AWD TLX 2.0T and his best 0-60 was 7.29s and 1/4 was 15.29s. C&D did 0-60 in 5.9s and 1/4 in 14.5s.

I still can't believe they haven't had official reviews come out.
Old 07-03-2021, 09:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 385 Likes on 225 Posts
Originally Posted by sombasol
didnt use the launch control, and had the all season on. Not a good example of what it can do. Multiple people have gotten 4.7 vs his 5.3 0-60 because he just mashed it. Should certainly improve the quarter mile as well
Would be more interested in 0-60 without launch control which be more typical use. In general frequent use of launch control is not very good for a car. Seems like even using it once a week would be way too much stress on the drivetrain over a year or years. Acura's does have a history of transmission problems over the years and not much history with launch control built in so it's at least something to think about. If the only way you can get somewhat quick times is with using launch control then that's not so great.
Old 07-03-2021, 09:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jhb31
Would be more interested in 0-60 without launch control which be more typical use. In general frequent use of launch control is not very good for a car. Seems like even using it once a week would be way too much stress on the drivetrain over a year or years. Acura's does have a history of transmission problems over the years and not much history with launch control built in so it's at least something to think about. If the only way you can get somewhat quick times is with using launch control then that's not so great.
I believe they limited launch control to a lower rpm so that you could essentially do it all the time and have no worries about reliability.
Old 07-04-2021, 07:13 AM
Pro

Received 499 Likes on 244 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. The same guys (AHC Garage, Mike Chan) tested the TLX A-spec SH-AWD and got a 1/4-mile of 15.4s and 0-60 of 7.3s. So considering Car and Driver got 14.5s 1/4-mile and 5.9s 0-60 in the A-spec, they should get the high 12's for 1/4-mile and mid-to-high 4's to 60 in the Type S, if not better
Old 07-04-2021, 11:47 AM
Burning Brakes

I believe they limited launch control to a lower rpm so that you could essentially do it all the time and have no worries about reliability.
If I was buying a used car and someone said they used launch control all the time or regularly I would take a quick pass. I thought most launch control was typically in the 3k rpm range or below.
Old 07-04-2021, 09:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by jhb31
If I was buying a used car and someone said they used launch control all the time or regularly I would take a quick pass. I thought most launch control was typically in the 3k rpm range or below.
Yeah according to this TLX is limiter is 2100rpm.

"Tuned for max acceleration and guaranteed safety and durability." Id say they were pretty conservative with it.
The following 2 users liked this post by mikedub88:
Ghostof TypeS Past (07-04-2021), Legend2TL (07-05-2021)
Old 07-04-2021, 11:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
Originally Posted by DubPK
Seems about right, the guys at sea level (or whatever is causing the discrepancy) that were getting more confidently under 5s would probably get closer to a flat 13. I don't think there is a huge gap between the TLX-S and S4 based on driving them both but the S4 launches harder and that probably gives it just a few tenths of a second edge. I'd bet a .3-.4s spread not a .7-8.s one.

Think a debate between the TLX-S and S4 is going to be settled with styling and options preferences or the price tag more than performance.
Somebody on here said a person paid 20k over MSRP at their local dealer LOL. All the ones around here are 5-10k over MSRP. You’d be a fool to pay that for this car . There’s no benefit over the Audi
Old 07-05-2021, 01:06 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,146 Likes on 818 Posts
Originally Posted by Kense
Somebody on here said a person paid 20k over MSRP at their local dealer LOL. All the ones around here are 5-10k over MSRP. You’d be a fool to pay that for this car . There’s no benefit over the Audi
For some, the "first car on the block" or even "first car in the city" mentality outweighs the additional ADM paid over the MSRP. The rareness (for the next little while) of the 2G TLX Type-S is something that the Audi doesn't have.

Old 07-05-2021, 08:29 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 672 Likes on 417 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
For some, the "first car on the block" or even "first car in the city" mentality outweighs the additional ADM paid over the MSRP. The rareness (for the next little while) of the 2G TLX Type-S is something that the Audi doesn't have.
But, unless you're "into cars" ... nobody friggin knows the difference. The designs changes are very subtle ... the biggest thing being the quad exhaust tips. Next to nobody is going to be giving you more attention.

Well ... that's not true ... I'll be going out of my way to look at it ... and see the type of person who was dumb enough to pay ridiculous amounts more than the car is worth.
The following 7 users liked this post by leomio2.0:
04WDPSeDaN (07-05-2021), BEAR-AvHistory (07-05-2021), dj5 (07-05-2021), Kense (07-05-2021), pyrodan007 (07-05-2021), someguy11 (07-05-2021), vhtran (07-07-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-05-2021, 10:47 AM
Burning Brakes

LOL it’s a mass produced Acura . Only Acura/Honda fans care. The overwhelming majority of people see an Audi above an Acura and paying 70+ K for one is dumb .
Old 07-05-2021, 11:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
Originally Posted by leomio2.0
I don't know how C&D got their times, but this same guy used a dragy on a SH-AWD TLX 2.0T and his best 0-60 was 7.29s and 1/4 was 15.29s. C&D did 0-60 in 5.9s and 1/4 in 14.5s.

I still can't believe they haven't had official reviews come out.
C&D uses a prepared surface. They take a number of runs, with drivers who can maximize the result. They take the best one then process the time through software to "normalize" the result so it can be fairly compared to the results they get for all their tested cars.

The guy with Dragy has a number that most people will get on the street by an average driver. Some will do better but really doubt they will match C&D's time. I remember back in 3G days a number of us were running the TL 6MT at the track & nobody was able to make the C&D numbers with a stock car.

I have run the Z4 a number of times with my Dragy & the best I get is a pretty consistent 3.90 to 3.99. On launch my tires are slipping for about 6/10 feet unless I come out with less power. Both sliping the tires &/or less power hurt the number. They also slip on the 1/2 shift. Car makes 1 shift to 60mph. Have no doubt I could make their 3.70 with some traction compound on the ground for a full power full traction launch, but that is not real for the street & only applies to a drag strip
leomio2.0 (07-05-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 11:39 AM
Suzuka Master

That is spotty. Have seen cars for MSRP in a number of dealers. Also I don't see the real demand for the type-S supporting an ADM for any real time period. What have been sold so far are not many cars. That fact that the dealers have cars to sell also suggests the demand is not that great. If it was there would be a long waiting list for cars.
Old 07-05-2021, 11:48 AM
Pro

Received 542 Likes on 265 Posts
But, unless you're "into cars" ... nobody friggin knows the difference. The designs changes are very subtle ... the biggest thing being the quad exhaust tips. Next to nobody is going to be giving you more attention.

Well ... that's not true ... I'll be going out of my way to look at it ... and see the type of person who was dumb enough to pay ridiculous amounts more than the car is worth.
​​​​​​
How sad. You need a new hobby. Most people will pay MSRP. Don't get so twisted.
Old 07-05-2021, 01:10 PM
Burning Brakes

When I was at the Acura dealer Saturday to get a look at the type S and they didn't have one to see as they sold the one that came in already he led me out to the parking lot and showed me an ILX A-Spec and said "this is what the type s looks like". I told him it wasn't even a tlx and he said doesn't matter, it's what it will look like. I laughed a little, seems the salesperson at Acura agree's with you. I do think with the A-Spec option it really limited how much differentiation the Type S has over a substantially cheaper variant so anyone who doesn't car about 0-60 can get the looks without the price tag.
Old 07-05-2021, 01:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
That is spotty. Have seen cars for MSRP in a number of dealers. Also I don't see the real demand for the type-S supporting an ADM for any real time period. What have been sold so far are not many cars. That fact that the dealers have cars to sell also suggests the demand is not that great. If it was there would be a long waiting list for cars.
Absolutely agree, price is going to rocket back down to earth for these few unrealistic dealers charging over ADM. Even at MSRP the demand isn't that great, granted I live in the north where trucks and crossovers dominate but.., dealers around here have sold 13 of them between the two I've been having chats with. Dealer not offering test drives has sold 5 and the dealer offering drives was up to 8 orders. That's not terrible but it's hardly anything compared to a car with real hype.

Off topic but I think the MDX/RDX Type S models are going to do much better. Both dealers have mentioned they can't keep the MDX on the lot, I already see a fair number of them on the road and while most are looking at it for the family practicality aspect there are going to be plenty of moms or dads that were once upon a time into cars that will opt for the slightly more fun version of the family hauler. I could see an ILX Type S doing really good as well if they ditch the sedan format and make it a hatch, I really don't see how there is room for two low volume sedans in their lineup, hatch would round it out nicely.
Old 07-05-2021, 02:48 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by DubPK
I could see an ILX Type S doing really good as well if they ditch the sedan format and make it a hatch, I really don't see how there is room for two low volume sedans in their lineup, hatch would round it out nicely.
I think you misspelled crossover. Hatchbacks and wagons sell even worse than sedans, especially in the premium/luxury space. There's a reason why automakers sell the GLA, Q3, X1, UX, XC40, etc. instead of the respective hatchback versions. Turn the ILX into a hatch and instead of 15K in annual sales they'll be lucky to sell 5K.
Old 07-05-2021, 06:51 PM
Burning Brakes

I think you misspelled crossover. Hatchbacks and wagons sell even worse than sedans, especially in the premium/luxury space. There's a reason why automakers sell the GLA, Q3, X1, UX, XC40, etc. instead of the respective hatchback versions. Turn the ILX into a hatch and instead of 15K in annual sales they'll be lucky to sell 5K.
Well the ILX type S should be out whenever they do the redesign (another 2 years?). A 2dr version would also be nice like they had in the past with the (TL, integra, rsx/typeS). All the other manufactures (Acura aspires to be equal with) offer a coupe and very nice ones at that, even Honda still has a coupe that is super inexpensive in the civic. The TL/ TLX has gotten larger through the years (as is the trend).
Old 07-05-2021, 08:31 PM
Instructor

I know it sells well but the redesign is just going to make it a baby TLX with less features and no AWD to keep it under $35,000. Type S will be an ILX with Tiger Eye paint and the CTR tuned 2.0L for $40,000 and would also probably do okay. I just don't think it fits a brand that has decided to make only five total models to fill two of those slots with sedans. They could have a SUV, Crossover, Supercar, Sedan and a Coupe for example granted coupes don't sell that much better but it's a niche that buyers who like them are rapidly losing options for.

I'll move on, I'm not an expert on automotive sales so have no expertise to make a credible argument with, it's just my personal opinion that two sedans seems like an odd choice.
Old 07-05-2021, 11:07 PM
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts
I'd be 100% onboard with a new ILX type S if it uses a gen 11 Civic platform in a 5 door lift/sportback version.

Oh and 2.0T from CTR plus Sh-Awd. I'd even be willing to give up the manual tranny if they did make one this way

Last edited by whiteGSR; 07-05-2021 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:27 AM
6G TLX-S

Subtle ? LOL

On the TLX Type-S, there are friggin "Type-S" badges all around the car (front, rear, left side, right side) such that Acura wants everyone to know the car IS A TYPE-S. In comparison, Audi and BMW are truly subtle, with which the alpha-numeric designations/badges (such as 540i or M5, A4 or S4, A6 or RS6, etc,) are found only at the rear end of the vehicles.

Furthermore, the large Brembo (labelled as Acura) front calipers are so friggin bright red that even a half-blind person can see the Type-S from a distance. All these are no subtle design changes. They are highly visual labels that serve to tell the whole world that the car IS A TYPE-S.

Ask around all those forum members who have just picked up their spanking new TLX Type-S, and I bet they will tell you that their Type-S will make quite a scene wherever their cars are parked.

Well, everyone is entitled to look at things their ways. I look at things my way, you look at things your way. and the so-called dumbs also look at things their ways. We can call them dumbs all right, but they considered the ridiculous amount of money paid on their Type-S money well spent, and meanwhile they continue to receive praises and admiration for having the exclusive ownership of the first few TLX Type-S on the road.

Old 07-06-2021, 12:42 AM
6G TLX-S

LOL it’s a mass produced Acura . Only Acura/Honda fans care. The overwhelming majority of people see an Audi above an Acura and paying 70+ K for one is dumb .
Unfortunately the world is not perfect and people are not rational. In reality, there are simply far too many dumbs who are willing to pay an above Audi pricing for 1 of the 2000 copies of the 2021 TLX Type-S in North America, and it is them who keep feeding the dealership ADM situation, and it is also them who cause previously-good dealerships, which originally don't charge ADM, to suddenly do an U-turn and start adding ADM to their limited supplies of TLX Type-S.

Kense (07-06-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 04:57 AM
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
Subtle ? LOL
Audi and BMW are truly subtle, with which the alpha-numeric designations/badges (such as 540i or M5, A4 or S4, A6 or RS6, etc,) are found only at the rear end of the vehicles.

Well, everyone is entitled to look at things their ways. I look at things my way, you look at things your way. and the so-called dumbs also look at things their ways. We can call them dumbs all right, but they considered the ridiculous amount of money paid on their Type-S money well spent, and meanwhile they continue to receive praises and admiration for having the exclusive ownership of the first few TLX Type-S on the road.
BMW sells an "m sport" package that is literally a poseur package meant to make the car look like an M car without any of the actual performance. Or how's needing to plaster "xDrive" on the back for subtle because everyone needs to know "this is the AWD version!"? Or Audi putting a "SUPERCHARGED" or "V6T" badge on the fender because everyone really needs to know that?

Also, not all of the 2021 Type S cars are being marked up so maybe chill out prejudging all the current owners as being dumb for overpaying when a lot of them didn't?
The following 2 users liked this post by dr/owned:
mikedub88 (07-06-2021), WTF.Acura (07-06-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 05:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by dr/owned
BMW sells an "m sport" package that is literally a poseur package meant to make the car look like an M car without any of the actual performance. Or how's needing to plaster "xDrive" on the back for subtle because everyone needs to know "this is the AWD version!"? Or Audi putting a "SUPERCHARGED" or "V6T" badge on the fender because everyone really needs to know that?

Also, not all of the 2021 Type S cars are being marked up so maybe chill out prejudging all the current owners as being dumb for overpaying when a lot of them didn't?
The 330 with the M-Sport package has different front & rear trim than the base but just 330i on the trunk unless its AWD. Don't think one or two ID labels is a big deal as compared to 6 including SHAWD because everyone needs to know "this is the AWD version!".

The I6 has the M340 trunk badge & Car & Driver said this:

"the straight-six shoved the 3827-pound M340i to 60 mph in 3.8 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 12.3 seconds at 115 mph. Note that those times mean this car keeps pace with or outruns every prior-generation base M3. And remember, this thing makes less than 400 horsepower, if you believe BMW's claims."

Not bad for a one badge poseur version.Will be interesting to see how the real deal 6 badge car does.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 546 Likes on 361 Posts
Subtle ? LOL

On the TLX Type-S, there are friggin "Type-S" badges all around the car (front, rear, left side, right side) such that Acura wants everyone to know the car IS A TYPE-S. In comparison, Audi and BMW are truly subtle, with which the alpha-numeric designations/badges (such as 540i or M5, A4 or S4, A6 or RS6, etc,) are found only at the rear end of the vehicles..
Not 100% sure for BMW, but Audi does place R/S badging in front of car as well. S-line badging is on the side, that part is not enough to distinguish models since my A4 has it as well.
Old 07-06-2021, 10:32 AM
Burning Brakes

My 07 type S had a single badge on the trunk. My 19 Aspec had one on the trunk and two pretty prominent ones on the front fenders. My S5 has front/rear S5 badging and on each front fender (although not as prominent in size or appearance so don't stand out much), people with the S line package have the same badge location but different badge to advertise the "trim" package rather than the model, similar to the A-Spec badge which is really just a trim package as well.. As for the A-Spec vs the Type S to most people will be one and the same. The A-Spec is about as badged up as the Type S. Both have pretty much identical body kits. Generally there are people that just like the way the car looks and they will probably like the A-Spec same as the TypeS. Then there is the enthusiast (particularly Acura) who will notice right away. I know when I had my type S in 07 I would always look for the waffle wheels, side skirts or quad exhaust rather than badging to see what was what.

Nothing wrong with having the badging. Doesn't cost the manufacturer beans and generally buyers like it and if done tastefully looks good (imo). I did have a few people ask me what the A-Spec meant and never really liked explaining it was an appearance package and not a performance thing but that only happened a few times luckily.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dr/owned

LOL wrong the New BMW M performance cars are not just looks. The M340i goes to 60 in 3.8 seconds. Not sure what you’re talking about. Nobody sees them as poser cars because they will smoke nearly any car on the street. They are 80% of a full M car. They share many of the same components
Old 07-06-2021, 12:32 PM
Safety Car

LOL wrong the New BMW M performance cars are not just looks. The M340i goes to 60 in 3.8 seconds. Not sure what you’re talking about. Nobody sees them as poser cars because they will smoke nearly any car on the street. They are 80% of a full M car. They share many of the same components
I think he's talking about the M Sport Package, not the M Performance (faux M, M-lite, etc) cars. The former is just an appearance package, much like S-Line, AMG Sport Package, A-Spec, etc.
Old 07-06-2021, 01:38 PM
Burning Brakes

I think he's talking about the M Sport Package, not the M Performance (faux M, M-lite, etc) cars. The former is just an appearance package, much like S-Line, AMG Sport Package, A-Spec, etc.
The basic M sport package has larger brakes bigger wheels and some other smaller things that improve performance it isn’t just a poser M package.
Old 07-06-2021, 01:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Understand but don't believe the M-Sport Package has any "M" or "Sport" badging on the outside of the car just the base 330, 430, etc numbers on the trunk so I don't agree with the premises they are fake M cars with no performance gain. If they are AWD the get the X thing added like the TLX & TLX Type-S get SHAWD added.

I could be wrong but think only the M340 & similar up & down through the product lines has specific "MXXx" badge on the trunk. As said below they do have a number of common M parts including standard LSD's. Mine is badged as M40i on the trunk. Have no idea how they came up with M40i but they do have better times around the ring 7:55:41 than some current production "Real M" cars & its a lot faster than the base Z4 30i. So I would say its a pretty good fake.

Thing is the OP was just nit-picking & picked the wrong nit to pick.
Old 07-06-2021, 01:46 PM
Safety Car

The basic M sport package has larger brakes bigger wheels and some other smaller things that improve performance it isn’t just a poser M package.
You might want to double check that. On the 330i, the M Sport package is only:
  • Shadowline exterior trim
  • 19" M Double-spoke bi-color jet black wheels
  • M steering wheel
That's it. What you're probably thinking of is the Dynamic Handling package, which is a separate option.
Old 07-06-2021, 01:50 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
Understand but don't believe the M-Sport Package has any "M" or "Sport" badging on the outside of the car just the base 330, 430, etc numbers on the trunk so I don't agree with the premises they are fake M cars with no performance gain. If they are AWD the get the X thing added like the TLX & TLX Type-S get SHAWD added.

I could be wrong but think only the M340 & similar up & down through the product lines has specific "MXXx" badge on the trunk. As said below they do have a number of common M parts including standard LSD's. Mine is badged as M40i on the trunk. Have no idea how they came up with M40i but they do have better times around the ring 7:55:41 than some current production "Real M" cars & its a lot faster than the base Z4 30i. So I would say its a pretty good fake.

Thing is the OP was just nit-picking & picked the wrong nit to pick.
The M Sport package wheels have an M on them, as does the steering wheel and the dead pedal (maybe the side sill too). With the Dynamic Handling package, I believe they also added an M onto the brake calipers.

mikedub88 (07-07-2021)
Old 07-06-2021, 02:25 PM
Suzuka Master

The M Sport package wheels have an M on them, as does the steering wheel and the dead pedal (maybe the side sill too). With the Dynamic Handling package, I believe they also added an M onto the brake calipers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUqNp4jmYKk
My bad on the wheels. That said all the 19" wheels are M pieces, The steering wheel is also an M piece. I was talking about the actual car badging as what is stuck on the trunk. Blue or Red M brakes are bigger Brembo's & an option or part of an option group. Optional brakes on the M cars are carbon ceramic

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 07-06-2021 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-06-2021, 02:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 498 Likes on 249 Posts
Originally Posted by bilirubin
I wouldn't worry about it. The same guys (AHC Garage, Mike Chan) tested the TLX A-spec SH-AWD and got a 1/4-mile of 15.4s and 0-60 of 7.3s. So considering Car and Driver got 14.5s 1/4-mile and 5.9s 0-60 in the A-spec, they should get the high 12's for 1/4-mile and mid-to-high 4's to 60 in the Type S, if not better
He even manages somehow to run a only run a 12.68 in a NSX which I have seen run easily low 11's on the street and high 10's on a prepped track.

Quick Reply: Acura TLX Type S Reviews/Discussion