Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NBA: 2010 Season News and Discussion Thread **Dallas Wins Title 4-2 (page 84)**

Old 05-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,946 Likes on 14,061 Posts
Originally Posted by clpassenubye

That being said if there is any team that can take 4 out of the next 5 from the Mavs its the LeHeat (cuz they are Gawdly).
Fixed.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:24 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Flipster23
Marc is doing very well they should trade.. he is helping the grizz thats for sure
They play two different positions Pau's natural position is Power forward and Marc's is Center. Pau plays center when he has (like when Bynum was injured)to but his skills aren't maximed at that position.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:30 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Artest suspended for one game. I don't disagree with what he did but I do disagree with the time in the game that he did it and what kind of play he chose to do it in. If he had done the same sort of thing in the course of JJ driving to the basket and Artest was at least acting like he was going for the ball he probably would have only gotten a flagrant 1 instead of a suspension. Why he chose to do it in such an obvious way with 24.4 seconds left I don't know.

Phil will probably start Lamar and put him on Dirk maybe that will change the complexion of the game some.

Last edited by clpassenubye; 05-05-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:35 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Originally Posted by Osamu
not too late for lakers fans to join the clips bandwagon . Blake Griffin first unanimous ROY since David Robinson in 1990, 3rd ever. Playoffs are overrated, it's all about the 2nd round of the draft.
I say the Lakers and Clippers do a hallway trade when Blakes contract is up because it would be a travesty for him to stay with such a sorry franchise.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,239 Likes on 703 Posts
Originally Posted by mystikk
Damn, Laker fans .. have some faith in your team. Fickle bunch, you are.

If they lose the series, guarantee half the bandwagon will go elsewhere.
Lakers fans always amuse me. They seem to like trashing whoever it is that they're playing, & when they lose 1 good game, they suddenly attack the Lakers.

I have a reason to doubt the Mavs. You guys are defending champs for 2 years, why the sudden hate.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:42 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by Rick_TL-S
Lakers fans always amuse me. They seem to like trashing whoever it is that they're playing, & when they lose 1 good game, they suddenly attack the Lakers.

I have a reason to doubt the Mavs. You guys are defending champs for 2 years, why the sudden hate.
Well, when they win championships, Laker fans hate, attack, & trash the city.

It's in their nature.

Here's hoping the Lakers lose so that the city of L.A. does not have to deal with these clowns.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
They play two different positions Pau's natural position is Power forward and Marc's is Center. Pau plays center when he has (like when Bynum was injured)to but his skills aren't maximed at that position.
still I rather have Marc over Pau.... Pau is to damn lenghty for the 4 and 5 dude needs to put some meat on his ass....

thats all he needs to do lol
Old 05-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts

People don't get it (or chose not to), but we expect better given the history, payroll, and the players we have (or can get). I'm fairly certain Dallas fans can relate to at least the last 2 items (as well as having a very good, proactive owner). You tend to expect better.

And I don't what's to be said about 'faith' when you guys are up 2-0, and a couple of Dallas fans I know are saying, 'uh, ya, I dunno if they can do it....'

What I don't get though, is when people, especially in sports, believe that something said earlier must be chiseled out of stone and stand for all eternity.

I'll gladly change or withhold my assessment until I see some games. Dallas just looks better prepared, motivated, and have a player that is unstoppable. At some point in this year, I thought they were better than people thought. The Lakers OTOH, aren't the team the were for the past 2 years.

But given that this is sports, we can throw out reasoning, start stereotyping fans and regions, and make a clownbase of millions in to 1 type of clown.

Last edited by CarbonGray Earl; 05-05-2011 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:39 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

I don't hear any hate coming from Lakers fans so I don't know what your talking about. Lakers fans have higher expectations than most other fans because we are used to winning. There are a only a few NBA franchise cities that can relate and none of them are Dallas.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Making it Happen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Yumcha
Well, there is still lotsa room on the Bulls wagon.

Not enough people are -ing to the greatness that is Rose.
Rose is shooting 38% and 21% from 3 in the playoffs. Not impressed.

Wade is shooting 47% and 28% from 3 in the playoffs..

I'm not really sure what all the hoopla is about Rose....Wade is a better player and I'd rather have him anyday.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Renegade

I'm not really sure what all the hoopla is about Rose....Wade is a better player and I'd rather have him anyday.
Well, that's obvious...all the voters were bribed! Rose sucks, I know!
Old 05-05-2011, 07:34 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

First of all they play two different positions so you really can't compare them secondly the hoopla is Derrick Rose led his team to the best record in the NBA throughout a season where there were many injuries to key players on his team all the while defeating all the other best teams in both the Eastern and Western conferences with all those teams defenses keying mostly on him something that Wade has never done.

That being said he is the regular season MVP playoffs is a different story but you also have to consider Rose is playing on a bad ankle.

Overall Wade is a better all around player right now but if Rose keeps making the improvements at the pace he did from this year to last he has a chance to be better than Wade.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:36 PM
Senior Moderator

First of all they play two different positions so you really can't compare them secondly the hoopla is Derrick Rose led his team to the best record in the NBA throughout a season where there were many injuries to key players on his team all the while defeating all the other best teams in both the Eastern and Western conferences with all those teams defenses keying mostly on him something that Wade has never done.

That being said he is the regular season MVP playoffs is a different story but you also have to consider Rose is playing on a bad ankle.

Overall Wade is a better all around player right now but if Rose keeps making the improvements at the pace he did from this year to last he has a chance to be better than Wade.
Dammit, dude...you're no fun.

But, you agree right? Rose sucks, right?
Old 05-05-2011, 07:38 PM
Safety Car

would love to see my dream matchup (this year) of the Bulls vs. Heat....
Old 05-05-2011, 08:04 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Dammit, dude...you're no fun.

But, you agree right? Rose sucks, right?
Oh yeah your right Taj Gibson led the Bulls to the best record that Rose guy is crap.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Oh yeah your right Taj Gibson led the Bulls to the best record that Rose guy is crap.
I disagree...it was Brian Scalabrine.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Making it Happen

Wade has a championship, and he carried that team to it. Let's wait until Rose does that before we can even talk about him as being a superior player. And yes they do play different positions, I realize that, but they both drive and shoot.

I like Rose, he is a very good solid player, but I've heard many people talking about him being the best player in the nba, and that surely is not true.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...Performances-1
Old 05-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Making it Happen

BTW I didn't mean to bring up a debate between certain players, that's my bad. All I'm saying is that Rose has not been playing nearly as well as I would expect.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:44 PM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Give him time. He's improved exponentially over last summer and the dude is only 22.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:02 PM

Received 2,811 Likes on 1,991 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
People up there don't really even say it anymore.
no they still do, and it pisses me of.

ive never said Hella, i remember going to school in socal and people thought it was strange that i didnt say it.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:03 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Wade has a championship, and he carried that team to it. Let's wait until Rose does that before we can even talk about him as being a superior player. And yes they do play different positions, I realize that, but they both drive and shoot.

I like Rose, he is a very good solid player, but I've heard many people talking about him being the best player in the nba, and that surely is not true.

How soon we forget Wade didn't carry anyone to a championship he had the help of a still happy and productive Shaq to help him. Opposing defenses were not keying on Wade they were on Shaq and besides that the series was won by the Refs more than Wade that was the poorest Ref job I have ever seen in an NBA series.

In regards to Rose being the best player in the NBA no there are many others ahead of him.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Dude...no one here is saying Rose is the best player in the NBA. However, his impact to the Bulls this year is undeniable. Did you see a 60 win season for Chicago...?

I'm as big of a fan as there is for them and I would've been happy if the just MADE the playoffs...instead, the Bulls are the #1 seed and defeated your "stacked and gawdly" team in the regular season as well as other top tier teams. In all of those games? Rose stood out...

He's the MVP. The best? Not necessarily but he's getting there.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Dude...no one here is saying Rose is the best player in the NBA. However, his impact to the Bulls this year is undeniable. Did you see a 60 win season for Chicago...?

I'm as big of a fan as there is for them and I would've been happy if the just MADE the playoffs...instead, the Bulls are the #1 seed and defeated your "stacked and gawdly" team in the regular season as well as other top tier teams. In all of those games? Rose stood out...

He's the MVP. The best? Not necessarily but he's getting there.
HOLY FAWK. Who the hell are you!?!?!??

Rose am the suck!

There, that's better.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Top three players in the league IMO in order:

1. Lebron
2. D Rose
3. Chris Paul

But I would still pick Rose as the MVP, since he was most valuable to his team (and his team overachieved thanks to him). On a seperate note, Bryant is still the most clutch player in the league and that separates him from the others in the playoffs.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:12 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,315 Likes on 968 Posts
How soon we forget Wade didn't carry anyone to a championship he had the help of a still happy and productive Shaq to help him. Opposing defenses were not keying on Wade they were on Shaq and besides that the series was won by the Refs more than Wade that was the poorest Ref job I have ever seen in an NBA series.

In regards to Rose being the best player in the NBA no there are many others ahead of him.
I agree that Shaq definitely had a huge impact in those playoffs even though he didn't put up Finals MVP numbers like he did with the Lakers earlier that decade. I remember arguing with people all 2005-2006 season that Shaq was still a huge factor. Ben Wallace was the best defender at the time and Shaq abused him in that Detroit series. But your statement that the refs won the series more than Wade is WTF??? I didn't know refs made amazing shots and drives to the basket.

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura

1. Lebron
2. D Rose
3. Chris Paul

But I would still pick Rose as the MVP, since he was most valuable to his team (and his team overachieved thanks to him). On a seperate note, Bryant is still the most clutch player in the league and that separates him from the others in the playoffs.
^Not sure your criteria because I'd throw Dwight Howard as 3rd. Not only did he carry his team, he had impressive stats, and he was Defensive POY. CP3 a few years ago was probably top 3 though.

As for saying Rose will develop to be better than Wade, that's hard to say since they both play different positions. It's one thing to accomplish more versus individual stats. Rose is certainly a superior distributor. Wade is a better shooter in terms of FG%. Wade's the better defender too given his awards and ratings. Rose will get better no doubt. He has to take better shots and control the ball better. Fortunately for the Bulls with his struggles they are still winning thanks to their stifling defense.

Last edited by Doom878; 05-06-2011 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,098 Likes on 832 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878

As for saying Rose will develop to be better than Wade, that's hard to say since they both play different positions. It's one thing to accomplish more versus individual stats. Rose is certainly a superior distributor. Wade is a better shooter in terms of FG%. Wade's the better defender too given his awards and ratings. Rose will get better no doubt. He has to take better shots and control the ball better. Fortunately for the Bulls with his struggles they are still winning thanks to their stifling defense.
Even though they play different positions. Wade was a PG coming into the league, Im sure Rose would be converted to a SG at one point since they need one. But yes, if Rose improves his jumpshot and his 3 point shooting, he will surpass Wade at some point. until then he uses his circus shots to go in.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:04 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Originally Posted by Doom878
I agree that Shaq definitely had a huge impact in those playoffs even though he didn't put up Finals MVP numbers like he did with the Lakers earlier that decade. I remember arguing with people all 2005-2006 season that Shaq was still a huge factor. Ben Wallace was the best defender at the time and Shaq abused him in that Detroit series. But your statement that the refs won the series more than Wade is WTF??? I didn't know refs made amazing shots and drives to the basket.
Wade made some amazing shots no doubt but the refs were consistenly calling fouls on the Mavs some phantom and some the same fouls that the Heat were committing that would go unoticed. Remember I'm not a fan of either team so I had no stakes in that series so I was watching from an unbiased point of view and in my opinion the refs helped the Heat to that championship.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:14 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Originally Posted by Shift_Acura

1. Lebron
2. D Rose
3. Chris Paul

In my opinion CP3 is in the top 10 not to 5 or 3 players in the NBA and Derrick Rose was outstanding this season but not ready to be in the top 3.

My top 5 would look like this and yes this might be biased but

1 Kobe
2) D Wade
3) Lebron
4)Dwight Howard
5) Kevin Durant
Old 05-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Safety Car

I like your list...maybe dwight will move up when he becomes a laker...
Old 05-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Senior Moderator

My top 5:

1) LeBron
2) LeWade
3) LeMiniMe
4) LeIlgauskas
5) LeBibby

Everyone else am the suck. Especially Rose.
Old 05-06-2011, 01:47 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

My top 5:

1) LeBron
2) LeWade
3) LeMiniMe
4) LeIlgauskas
5) LeBibby

That list is a LeFail !
Old 05-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Senior Moderator

My top 5:

1) LeBron
2) LeWade
3) LeMiniMe
4) LeIlgauskas
5) LeBibby

damnit yumdufus-dingis-nimrod. now you got everybody saying le again.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:20 PM
I'm Down Right Fierce!

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Must win game tonight for the Lake show... I wouldn't consider myself a Laker's fan, but like someone else pointed out, I expect more from them.

I seriously hope that despite all the nonchalant attitude of losing the first two games, that they bring alot more intensity then the first two games.

Hoping we see a Heat v. Lakers final this year.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,315 Likes on 968 Posts
I like Joel Anthony more than Z at center
Old 05-06-2011, 05:16 PM
Senior Moderator

yup and Mario at the point
Old 05-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Go Bulls!
Old 05-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Hey Renegade! The un-deserving MVP only has 34 points so far. Sucks, huh? Yeah. Should have 87 instead. :shakehead
Old 05-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Wow...he sucks. 44 points right now. 16-27 shooting. Terrible.

Hope Chicago trades Rose when they get eliminated by the Hawks.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:40 PM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The Bulls have played sloppy all playoffs, tonight they finally gave us the gameplay I expected from them.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:40 PM
#GOBULLS

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Bulls played amazing tonight especially Rose. They just need to keep playing like this. Taj also played great.

Quick Reply: NBA: 2010 Season News and Discussion Thread **Dallas Wins Title 4-2 (page 84)**