Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NBA: 2010 Season News and Discussion Thread **Dallas Wins Title 4-2 (page 84)**

Old 11-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,773 Likes on 13,967 Posts
So, it is lehate from LeLA.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:11 AM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
man I am lost with le this le that... :ghey:

Leyourmom.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:40 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,307 Likes on 960 Posts
Snaq

Speaking of Lakers, they lost to Indiana at home too. I think Phil Jackson needs to send Spoelstra a bed of roses every game LA loses since every fart we toss gets analyzed, speculated on, rumored about, and concluded with how Riley has to come down and fart for him.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Okay... this Le_____ is getting annoying folks. The joke has passed!
Old 11-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Yup....all is not well in Laker land. Kobe's ticked, supposedly Phil and Ron Ron are in a tiff, and Pau is playing too many minutes and we aren't gonna sign a big for the hell of it. Bynum says he'll be back in 3 weeks, and he said that 3 weeks ago. I forsee a very un-championlike December.

That comment about the Heat was out of line by Phil, but I think we all know what he was doing.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:37 PM
Team Owner

They were talking about that on the radio here but more like laughing at the Brokeback comment and the "apology"
Old 11-30-2010, 04:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Post Sorry, but LeBron's a lost cause

Yow...some fighin' words...From Foxsports:

I give up.

This column was going to be a plea for LeBron James to apologize to Cleveland fans for the classless way he exited the city.

An apology in the hours before Thursday’s Heat-Cavs tipoff would douse some of the animosity sure to fill Quicken Loans Arena.

An apology would relieve some of the stress on a Heat team totally uncomfortable with playing the role of villain, of being the team America loves to hate.

An apology would serve James’ image well, allowing his objective critics to move on.

But I give up. LeBron James looks, feels and sounds like a lost cause today, a millionaire celebrity incapable of reaching rock bottom, self-reflection or uttering an ounce of remorse.

Talent in the kind of abundance James is blessed with is a curse. It seduces the owner into believing his flaws are his strengths.

I once knew a Pro Bowl NFL receiver who believed being high on marijuana during practice and games was the key to his success. He said he’d been playing and practicing high since high school. He had no idea his reliance on marijuana was the main reason he’d never be a Hall of Fame receiver, and that’s not to suggest there are no recreational drug users in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

Lawrence Taylor was so gifted it never mattered what he did before kickoff; putting on a uniform 16 Sundays a year was as responsible as LT needed to be.

LeBron James thinks he’s as dedicated to the game as Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Steve Nash and Tyler Hansbrough.

Nope. He’s more talented, the game comes easier to LeBron. He can excel in the NBA without ever submitting to coaching. He can earn lifetime financial security without ever attending college or grinding at the bottom of the corporate ladder. He can win friends and be popular with women without ever demonstrating humility or showing respect.

You wonder why Big Ben Roethlisberger tried to have sex with a college student inside a nightclub closet/bathroom? Probably because he had before. People do what works. If bad habits get rewarded, people never interpret them as bad habits.

LeBron James bullies the coaches who dare to coach him, who dare to try to define for him the sacrifices necessary for true greatness.

According to an ESPN story, the Heat players, particularly LeBron, are bothered that Erik Spoelstra is demanding that LeBron conduct himself in a more professional demeanor. Spoelstra has committed the felonious crime of yelling at LeBron in front of his teammates. Spoelstra won’t let LeBron be LeBron the way a parent won’t let a child be an unbathed child day after day.

The story appears to be intentionally leaked by members of Team LeBron -- the clueless group that brought you The Decision — to undermine Spoelstra. In reality, it undermines James.

That’s why I give up.

The people surrounding and advising James are just as devoid of mature perspective as James. They’ve been blessed with a gift (James) so talented they can’t recognize their flaws, either. Their flaws, in their minds, have no real consequences, especially none that can’t be explained away by racism or “haterade.”

It’s the blind leading the blind. Unless one of them talks James into financing a dogfighting ring, it’s highly unlikely James will ever snap out of his cluelessness.

Seriously, that’s what it took for us to see the best of Michael Vick, another once-in-a-generation talent who never approached his potential until he sat behind bars for 19 months.

I have no interest in seeing LeBron James go to prison.

So I give up. I’m just going to accept his immaturity and stubbornness and bullying. He’s an immense talent I’ll never fully enjoy or appreciate. I’ll tune in Thursday night and root for the Cavaliers.

James is a lost cause. He’ll never man up and apologize. His bank account says he doesn’t have to. His friends say he shouldn’t. His coworkers and peers, besides Spoelstra, are too fearful to tell James what they really think. He’s a bully. Team LeBron’s next media leak could be about how Chris Bosh needs to be traded or Dwyane Wade must shoot less.

King Blames must be made happy in order for the Heat to reach their potential. The Little Diaper won Ohio state championships when everyone catered to his needs.

King Blames can’t hear us. Not any of us who ask him to rule the basketball world with grace, class, fairness and eye toward greatness. We don’t need him. And he doesn’t need us.

I give up.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/l...-change-113010
Old 11-30-2010, 04:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
Originally Posted by synth19
Okay... this Le_____ is getting annoying folks. The joke has passed!
only course of action towards this. CHOP YUMMY!
Old 11-30-2010, 04:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by asianspec
only course of action towards this. CHOP YUMMY!
Well, I do apologize for starting it.

I'm not kidding...I'm going to try to see if my wife will let us name our first kid Le[something].
Old 11-30-2010, 06:50 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
LeRoseToews?
Old 11-30-2010, 08:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by dom
LeRoseToews?
LePaytonToewsRoseJordan...
Old 11-30-2010, 09:09 PM
mmmmmm....

Old 11-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Wow...Lakers lost. Oops.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Safety Car

3 pointers that they fell in love with aren't falling, and their interior defense isn't defense. I'd spread blame around, but to me, the core has been to 3 finals, they have 3 olympians, and Pau is playing heavy minutes with only him and Lamar as bigs. Its taking its toll.

Suffice it to say, I wasn't happy with the way they were playing, even when winning. But in the grand scheme of things, I think this team 'needs' losses....they were getting ahead of themselves with their early win streak.

Last edited by CarbonGray Earl; 12-01-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:44 AM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
lollakers. Horribaddies.

:ibflame:

Last edited by mystikk; 12-01-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:07 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
I was never a LBJ fan, and this article only makes me lose more respect for him. However, what it says about Flash, who's one of my favorite basketball players, saddens me as well:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...poelstra112910
Old 12-01-2010, 10:07 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by princelybug
I was never a LBJ fan, and this article only makes me lose more respect for him. However, what it says about Flash, who's one of my favorite basketball players, saddens me as well:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...poelstra112910
Holy crap.

Okay, I knew James had a huge ego...but, never knew him to be a diva. And the fact that we have a growing number of writers calling him out can't be just attributed to a smear campaign.

I was bitter before that he snuffed Chicago. But, now...I'm glad he's the Heat's problem.

No wonder Rose wanted no part in the recruitment process.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:12 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Wade was one of the Team USA players who’d watch incredulously as James would throw a bowl of fries back at a renowned chef and bark, “They’re cold!”
Randy Moss syndrome?
Old 12-01-2010, 10:16 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha
Holy crap.

Okay, I knew James had a huge ego...but, never knew him to be a diva. And the fact that we have a growing number of writers calling him out can't be just attributed to a smear campaign.

I was bitter before that he snuffed Chicago. But, now...I'm glad he's the Heat's problem.
Agreed, had no idea it was this bad, if its in fact true. Easy way to make all this go away is simply to start winning. Once that happens James ego will probably never be be heard from again as far as the media goes.

If true, Spoelstra is a goner. Doesn't matter how good he is, this isn't a war he can win.

No wonder Rose wanted no part in the recruitment process.

What do you mean, was Rose available this past off-season?
Old 12-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by dom
Agreed, had no idea it was this bad, if its in fact true. Easy way to make all this go away is simply to start winning. Once that happens James ego will probably never be be heard from again as far as the media goes.

If true, Spoelstra is a goner. Doesn't matter how good he is, this isn't a war he can win.

What do you mean, was Rose available this past off-season?
The coach will never win...And Riley may need to take the reins if this is to fix itself.

It's too bad because as many have said, Spoelstra is a good coach.

No, Rose was not a FA in the off-season...but, star players are often asked to help in pitch to the FAs. Rose wanted no part of it.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Yumcha
It's too bad because as many have said, Spoelstra is a good coach.

How do we know that? Or are people just saying that? They were ok over the last few seasons under Spo. But that's sort of given when D-Wade is there.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Lebron is a total dck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjXQCT47EAc&feature=fvst

and for lolz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zB4YL11aBw
Old 12-01-2010, 11:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by cabanalane
How do we know that? Or are people just saying that? They were ok over the last few seasons under Spo. But that's sort of given when D-Wade is there.
Considering the varsity-type squad he had prior to this season...the Heat compiled a respectable record under his watch.

I think he's a decent coach. And so do most writers.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Team Owner

Not surprised. Most of these guys are prima donnas. Zo Mourning, our most beloved Heat treasure, has wanted to fight Riley and had to be held back while yelling in his face. This is nothing new. I think the fact that people hold these athletes on a pedestal in a moral sense is kind of ignorant. It's the same hyprocisy how people love Vick after he murdered dogs and the same people hated him. I know some still hate him for that, but I guarantee the majority of Eagles fans don't care how an athlete acts once they win. I doubt James' ego changes when they win. I think the media will just write about it less. But since he did the Decision, he put a huge target on his back. You can write hundreds of stupid things athletes do. Steelers fans love James Harrison and he's been fined over $100k in fines for dirty play.

Yum, if he was a Bull doing the same crap. You'd still love him.

Spo is regarded as a good young coach. And the article does state that Heat ownership meaning Riley and Arison got his back as opposed to Cleveland's ownership bending over backwards. James' ego coddled through his whole life might find resistance. The question is how bows first, him or Riley.

To correct the article, Haslem continues to go to all the home games and is still a presence.
Old 12-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878
Not surprised. Most of these guys are prima donnas. Zo Mourning, our most beloved Heat treasure, has wanted to fight Riley and had to be held back while yelling in his face.
Are you sure? I think there is a mix up. It was Shaq that was held back and had to be seperated by Zo, because he was the only one big enough to hold Shaq.

That's why Shaq started to miss games and bad-mouth the training staff once he got on with the Suns.

Zo is on (very good terms) with Riley. He went on the trip to recurit James, along with Arison
Old 12-01-2010, 01:20 PM
Team Owner

^Positive. Just heard it last night on the Dan Le Batard show (Miami Herald writer). Sure they're on great terms now. Sometimes tempers get heated. Friends and family fight.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:16 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
3 pointers that they fell in love with aren't falling, and their interior defense isn't defense. I'd spread blame around, but to me, the core has been to 3 finals, they have 3 olympians, and Pau is playing heavy minutes with only him and Lamar as bigs. Its taking its toll.

Suffice it to say, I wasn't happy with the way they were playing, even when winning. But in the grand scheme of things, I think this team 'needs' losses....they were getting ahead of themselves with their early win streak.
Did you see Kobe's face when Ron took that last shot? He was so pissed that he didn't get the ball back to him.

All I gotta say is that, Ron is an idiot.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:29 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl

I don't know if its the minutes Pau is playing but his play has been very substandard for the last 2 weeks Roy Hibbert, Darko Milic and J Noah and now his brother have gotten the better of him that along with the fact that Odom has all but disappeared are the main causes of the Lakers troubles.

I don't think they need losses I think they need some sense knocked into them.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:31 PM
mmmmmm....

I agree with some of you saying Heat needs to win more games to slow down on all these negative attention. I feel some what sorry for James at such a young age to get all the attention like this.... I am not saying what James did was right, but I'm not gonna hop on this hate James bandwagon to diss on him. Time will tell.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:34 PM
ABP-KBP-CBP & ME

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
Did you see Kobe's face when Ron took that last shot? He was so pissed that he didn't get the ball back to him.

All I gotta say is that, Ron is an idiot.
I don't Kobe was mad that Ron took the shot I think he was mad because Ron didn't get off a good clean shot. There wasn't enough time for Ron to pass it back and Kobe get another shot off anyway.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:34 PM
mmmmmm....

I always been a Wade's fan,and it is sad to see bring D. Wade has to be part of all this crap.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:41 PM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by clpassenubye
I don't Kobe was mad that Ron took the shot I think he was mad because Ron didn't get off a good clean shot. There wasn't enough time for Ron to pass it back and Kobe get another shot off anyway.
I think Kobe was pissed. We all know Kobe, who likes to take the last shot ( mr.clutch and ball hugger ), As competitive as kobe, I think he had good reason to be pissed about this. If you look at the clip, Kobe clearly couldn't take the shot, so he handed it off to Ron to pass it back to him... but idiot like Ron decided to become a hero and forced the shot.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Post Report: Cavaliers probing Heat's signing of James

From Yahoo! Sports...

The Cavaliers have paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to a high-powered Midwestern law firm to investigate whether the Heat broke NBA tampering rules while pursuing LeBron James.

Sources say Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert plans to give commissioner David Stern a detailed case that includes meetings, phone calls and contingency plans that date as far back as 2008. Prior to the July 1 start of free agency, no Heat representative was allowed to discuss with LeBron James the idea of playing together with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

Potential penalties for tampering could include front-office suspensions, fines and losses of draft picks.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:56 PM
failhard.

Yeah, Gilbert isn't bitter. Who dare say he was?
Old 12-01-2010, 10:23 PM
failhard.

Well, Lakers and the fans .. at least you got your 3peat, and then some.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,097 Likes on 831 Posts
My brother used to work for the charter airline that flys the Heat to their away games. lol they said they are going to have a fun time flying in tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Yow...the Magic slapped Da Bulls up and down the court today.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't wanna jinx it but seems like the Clippers are gonna beat the Spurs tonight and give them first road loss of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we dethroned the 1st place Hornets last week and now about to beat the new #1 team!!!! btw. Blake Griffin is a BEAAAAAST.. can't say enough about him
Old 12-02-2010, 12:03 AM
I shoot people

Received 2,869 Likes on 1,427 Posts
Whoa...

the Lakers lost to the Rockets
and the Clippers beat the Spurs??!!! WTF??!!
Old 12-02-2010, 12:24 AM
Safety Car

So...does anyone want to switch that Xmas game now? Heat vs. Lakers, not so great a match up now, lol.

Quick Reply: NBA: 2010 Season News and Discussion Thread **Dallas Wins Title 4-2 (page 84)**