Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!
View Poll Results: Is your team in cap hell?
Yes
0%
No
0%
Don't care
0%
Go Nordiques!
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Hockey: News and Discussion Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 12:58 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
He crossed 2 blue lines and attacked a guy from behind, that is not justice, it's dirty plain and simple
I'm not saying the way he went about it was the right way but he's not the only guilty party here. Orpik took out eriksson, Neal kneed Marchand in the head, dupuis broke Kelly's ankle with a slash. Pitt came to play dirty and on the edge, they showed that in the first shift and continued it forward. If they choose to take liberties, they can't be too shocked when liberties are taken back.

The only reason it appears Orpik took the worst of it is because he left on a stretcher. Meanwhile, Kelly has a broken ankle and eriksson has a concussion. So who was the dirty team last night?
Old 12-08-2013, 01:18 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Two cheap shot bums: Neal and Thornton.

Throw them both out for VERY lengthy suspensions.

A knee to the head?!?! This hockey not UFC. That's disturbing.

No wonder Thornton was pissed. No pass for that bum either. Two shots to the head on a defenseless guy?!?! Pathetic.

Both of these pukes should sit out for a month or more.

FYI. Shanannananaban will do his usual fail of a job.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Two cheap shot bums: Neal and Thornton.

Throw them both out for VERY lengthy suspensions.

A knee to the head?!?! This hockey not UFC. That's disturbing.

No wonder Thornton was pissed. No pass for that bum either. Two shots to the head on a defenseless guy?!?! Pathetic.

Both of these pukes should sit out for a month or more.

FYI. Shanannananaban will do his usual fail of a job.
Nothing Moog?

Nothing at all about the instigator rule?
The following users liked this post:
97BlackAckCL (12-08-2013)
Old 12-08-2013, 01:26 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

he slew footed Orpik and beat him unconscious while he was defenseless on his back, he said this....

Fucking hypocrite...
"Beat unconscious" is a bit dramatic for "knocked out with one punch". You try to make it sound like he sat on top of him pounding away until he he was finally knocked out. You can see in the replay that Orpik was lights out after the first jab.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,453 Likes on 3,049 Posts
Originally Posted by black label
I'm not saying the way he went about it was the right way but he's not the only guilty party here. Orpik took out eriksson, Neal kneed Marchand in the head, dupuis broke Kelly's ankle with a slash. Pitt came to play dirty and on the edge, they showed that in the first shift and continued it forward. If they choose to take liberties, they can't be too shocked when liberties are taken back.

The only reason it appears Orpik took the worst of it is because he left on a stretcher. Meanwhile, Kelly has a broken ankle and eriksson has a concussion. So who was the dirty team last night?
I will go back and watch the Neal incident again, because I only saw 1 quick replay of it, but I certainly didn't see anyone from Pitt chase down a guy from behind and punch him while he was down
Old 12-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

"Beat unconscious" is a bit dramatic for "knocked out with one punch". You try to make it sound like he sat on top of him pounding away until he he was finally knocked out. You can see in the replay that Orpik was lights out after the first jab.
He punched him at least twice before Orpik's head went limp, and he appeared to throw a third which didn't connect. He also kneed him in the helmet while he was out, hard to tell if that was intentional or not... And yes given that he pulled him down and then started throwing punches to the head, I say it was dirty as hell
Old 12-09-2013, 09:05 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik doesn't care about “the code.”

Orpik, through no fault of his own, found himself in a Boston hospital on Saturday because of his beliefs.

The Boston Bruins targeted Orpik early and often following a hit to forward Loui Eriksson in the opening minute, clearly believing that Orpik owed them a fight because of his hit.

Orpik's hit, which saw his right shoulder plant Eriksson in the chest, was deemed legal. Still, the Bruins — notably enforcer Shawn Thornton — challenged Orpik to fisticuffs on numerous occasions, apparently because Orpik chose to aggressively hit one of the Bruins marquee players.

Boston coach Claude Julien said on Sunday night that he “disagrees” with Penguins coach Dan Bylsma's assessment that the hit was legal. No penalty was called on the play.

The Penguins don't believe fighting is always a sign of toughness, nor do they think Orpik should have felt obligated to fight.

“I'm not going to back down to anyone,” said defenseman Deryk Engelland earlier this week. “None of us are.”

His fight against Boston's Milan Lucic on Saturday marked the first time one of the Penguins has dropped his gloves since Nov. 15.

“No one on this team is afraid to fight,” Engelland said. “But we aren't a team that goes around looking for fights.”

Few disdain fighting more than Orpik. He has received only a handful of fighting majors in his career and none in the past five years.

After refusing to fight Thornton earlier in the game, the Boston forward later pulled Orpik down from behind before pummeling him with a series of punches while Orpik was helpless on his back.

Some around hockey, specifically members of the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast, believe the situation would have been defused had Orpik simply dropped the gloves.

Rick Tocchet, who played for both the Penguins and Bruins, said he doesn't believe Orpik deserved what happened. However, he does believe Orpik should fight with more regularity.

“I love Brooks and the way he plays,” Tocchet said. “But, when you play on the edge the way he does, I personally think that you should fight, at least occasionally. I don't think Brooks is a dirty player at all, but when you play that style, you're going to have some borderline hits on occasion. They're impossible to ignore. So I think it would serve him well to fight some of the time.”

Tocchet, who calls himself “new school and old school,” believes fighting defuses dirty hits.

“I truly do,” he said. “Look at what happened last night. You know coming into the game that Boston is sensitive because (defenseman Johnny) Boychuk just got hurt (against Montreal). And you know the Penguins and Bruins don't like each other. So when you hit one of their best players on the first shift, even though the hit was totally clean, you know things could get nasty.”

Things, of course, did get nasty.

Thornton and right wing James Neal could receive heavy suspensions for their respective roles in Saturday's game. Neal kneed Boston's Brad Marchand in the head moments before Thornton attacked Orpik.

“We don't fight much but it's not like we aren't willing,” center Joe Vitale said last week. “You do it when the time is right.”

When is the time right?

It's a question that will rage on in hockey circles.

“When used properly,” Tocchet said, “fighting can be a good thing.”

“But in this case, I don't know. You can't justify what Thornton did. You just can't. It's tough.”
Orpik's not a fighter, so we'll just jump him from behind...
Old 12-09-2013, 11:11 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

No bold print for this paragraph?

“I love Brooks and the way he plays,” Tocchet said. “But, when you play on the edge the way he does, I personally think that you should fight, at least occasionally. I don't think Brooks is a dirty player at all, but when you play that style, you're going to have some borderline hits on occasion. They're impossible to ignore. So I think it would serve him well to fight some of the time.”
Old 12-09-2013, 11:16 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Who cares anymore. They want to kill themselves, feel free. Forget the suspensions, make it a free for all. Last goon standing win's.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:17 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

So sick and tired of being a Leaf fan. I'm done.
The following users liked this post:
97BlackAckCL (12-09-2013)
Old 12-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,777 Likes on 13,968 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Who cares anymore. They want to kill themselves, feel free. Forget the suspensions, make it a free for all. Last goon standing win's.
So, how many games is Captain Dion getting for his hit last night?
Old 12-09-2013, 11:24 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Yumcha
So, how many games is Captain Dion getting for his hit last night?
Don't care. No longer a Leaf fan. In the process of selecting my new team.

Leaning towards a team in the West. This way I'll miss most of their games.

And if there is a god, Dion gets the rest of the season. Did you see him on on Boston's 4th goal last night? I've seen better defense from my 6 year old.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:25 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Originally Posted by dom
So sick and tired of being a Leaf fan. I'm done.
Last nights game was a lot closer than the 5-2 score would indicate.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:29 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Last nights game was a lot closer than the 5-2 score would indicate.
Did you see the 4th goal?

Not closer in my estimation.

But I don't talk Leafs anymore. I've moved on.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:37 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Nothing Moog?

Nothing at all about the instigator rule?
Neal thought he could knee a guy in the head and get away with it.

What more did I have to say?
Old 12-09-2013, 11:38 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Originally Posted by dom
Did you see the 4th goal?

Not closer in my estimation.

But I don't talk Leafs anymore. I've moved on.
You could become a Bruins fan, then you'll come to enjoy seeing the Leafs.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Senior Moderator

So, before Thornton went full-retard on Orpik...I do need to ask: Why do the Pens need to play like that?

For arguments sakes, let's just pretend the hit on Loui was clean by Orpik.

But, Kelly got his legs chopped off by some nice slashes, right? Then, Neal decided to muay-thai Marchand in the head...If Pittsburgh didn't do this, would Thornton have gone postal? His job is to protect his team and so...yeah, he lost control obviouosly. But, would this have happened if the Pens played a tough but clean game instead of resorting to dirty stuff...?

And Ack...before you go postal on ME and say I'm "full of myself", I'm just asking.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Old 12-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Neal thought he could knee a guy in the head and get away with it.

What more did I have to say?
After Orpik was able to give a guy a concussion on a questionable hit and not have to answer for it I guess you're right. Oh and slash away until the leg breaks, then you can say you don't believe in the code and all is OK.

Maybe, just maybe believing in the code prevents you from getting grabbed and knocked out. Right or wrong, not believing in the code has ramifications both ways. Orpik violated the code and got knocked out for it, Thornton violated the code and he'll be suspended for it.

The question of the players character is answered by who feels sorry about their infraction. No one in Pitt is willing to say they did anything wrong. I haven't heard a word from Orpik feeling bad about giving Loui a concussion or Dupuis about the 2 hander that broke Kelly's leg.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:52 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

But I can't associate myself with that bunch of dirty goons.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

So, before Thornton went full-retard on Orpik...I do need to ask: Why do the Pens need to play like that?

But, Kelly got his legs chopped off by some nice slashes, right? Then, Neal decided to muay-thai Marchand in the head...If Pittsburgh didn't do this, would Thornton have gone postal? His job is to protect his team and so...yeah, he lost control obviouosly. But, would this have happened if the Pens played a tough but clean game instead of resorting to dirty stuff...?

And Ack...before you go postal on ME and say I'm "full of myself", I'm just asking.
This is persistent with Pitt. We have our own little NHL 24 thing with the B's this year called "Behind the B". In the 3rd or 4th episode the first Penguins game is covered and you hear the B's chirping the Pens about their slashes. The pens try to make up for actual toughness with cheap stick work. At one point you here Chara tell someone, "you slash me like that again I'm dropping gloves".
Old 12-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Originally Posted by dom

But I can't associate myself with that bunch of dirty goons.
The "goon" would rank 9th on the saintly Penguins for goals and 5th in plus minus.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:01 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

James Kneel get 5.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Using Black Label's reasoning logic, Kelly is a goon who takes liberties on everyone, the slash must have been in retaliation to his cheapshots

Orpik's hit was clean as deemed by the refs, I haven't heard or seen anyone saying that it should be looked at by the league. He hit shoulder on shoulder, there was no contact to the head. LE got caught with his head down, and no doubt suffered whiplash when his head snapped back. Thornton went after Orpik and took a dumb 2 minute penalty for roughing, seeing that his team was getting a power play, Orpik did what you expect him to do in that situation and skated away to let his team get the man advantage.

Neal is an idiot and will no doubt sit for a couple games, no idea why he did that, but I still don't understand why instead of going after Neal, Thorny went over the edge and attacked Orpik from behind.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:10 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Using Black Label's reasoning logic, Kelly is a goon who takes liberties on everyone, the slash must have been in retaliation to his cheapshots
Find somewhere in this thread where I called any player a goon who wasn't John Scott or sarcastically referring to Thornton.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Find somewhere in this thread where I called any player a goon who wasn't John Scott or sarcastically referring to Thornton.
Chris Kelly is a goon who takes liberties...

If they choose to take liberties, they can't be too shocked when liberties are taken back.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Chris Kelly is a goon who takes liberties...
Yep, 10 minutes in penalties this year, he's a goon alright. Hmm, who else has 10 minutes in penalties this year..... could it be that goon Orpik?

Your just acting crazy now. Kelly is a goon?
Old 12-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

And if we want to talk about goons, how about suspended 3 times and fined once in 6 years of NHL play James Kneel who blatantly turned to a players head planted on the hitting leg and drove through a guy lying on the ice. The slow mo and watching him look to insure contact is pretty incriminating.

Which by the way still isn't being a goon, it's just plain dirty. John Scott is the only real goon left in the NHL.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:02 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

James Kneel get 5.
Should have been at least double that.

...but Shannannanaban
Old 12-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

I'm sure Thornton won't get much more
Old 12-09-2013, 02:16 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

This goes out to my homie Black Label
I truly love the game of hockey. I love everything about it, the speed, the skill of the professional players, and the hitting that comes along with the game. What I do not love is guys that play the game maliciously assault other players during a sanctioned game. The NHL is a league that hasn't quite figured out that it is it's own worst enemy. While the league has grown in popularity, it's many cavemen-like violent acts are turning more and more fans off ever so often. While I understand that fighting is and has always been apart of the sport of hockey, at least at the pro level, what Shawn Thornton did to Brooks Orpik during the Boston Bruins-Pittsburgh Penguins game this past Saturday night had nothing to do with the sport of hockey. It was an egregious act and the Bruins and the entire NHL should be embarrassed.

I've already read multiple narratives about what Thornton did from fans, bloggers, writers, players, and analysts on both the Boston side and the Pittsburgh side. I understand that Thornton was upset about the hit that Brooks Orpik put on Bruins' winger Loui Eriksson and I understand that he may have also been upset about James Neal kneeing Brad Marchand in the head. That being said, this is a sport, it's not a gang fight. What Thornton did to Orpik, slew-footing him from behind, while Orpik was engaged with another player, is cowardly enough as it is. But the fact that Thornton continued to mount Orpik, who was pinned against the ice surface, and continuously punch him in the head is one of the most vicious and uncalled for acts in NHL history.

What Thornton did was a crime. There are talks about suspending him and the punishment needs to be one of the more severe ones to prove that these kind of acts are unacceptable. From everything that I've heard and seen, this was a premeditated attack by Thornton. This was aggravated assault with intent to injure. I'm no lawyer, but I bet Orpik could pressed charges if he wanted to.

Anyone who condones what Thornton did is completely delusional and quite honestly not someone who I would want to associate with. There is this underlying "code" in hockey that I guess Orpik broke Saturday night by turning down Thornton's request to a fight. Orpik is on record as saying that he doesn't want fighting in hockey. Since Orpik didn't want to fight Thorton, Thorton decided to attack him and forced Orpik to leave on a stretcher. What's sad and embarrassing is there's a lot of people that are ok with this sort of thing.

Orpik's hit Eriksson early in the game and the play could have perhaps been called for interference.However, if you notice Eriksson did touch the puck before Orpik made contact, and there was an official watching standing right there. It certainly wasn't a dirty hit in any regards. It wasn't and the Bruins were obviously upset about that. Orpik is known for handing out big hits and that's all he was doing there. Orpik's hit on Eriksson was not dirty and he certainly shouldn't be forced to engage in a fist-fight because of it. Remember that the game of ice-hockey is a contact sport. If you don't want yourself or your teammates to get hit either do a better job of avoiding them or go play basketball.

Boston media members, fans, and other NHL analysts added more delusional and caveman-type opinions on the Thornton incident by suggesting that Orpik could have "avoided the entire situation by fighting Thornton". Andy Brickley, one of the commentators for the Bruins even said that Orpik should have "Manned up". Thanks for the laugh Andy. Dave Reid of NHL Network, who also used to play for Boston added his thoughts as well: "I feel bad for Thornton. He was standing up for his teammate. Taking care of business." Direct quote. I didn't know that in order to take care of business in the NHL you had to sneak-attack an opposing player and put them on a stretcher.

This insane way of thinking, they're basically saying it's ok to assault a player from behind and make them leave a game on a stretcher because you were upset with the way they were playing the game of hockey. Anyone who is trying to downplay or even excuse what Thornton did is a joke and there's really nothing else you can say about that.

The notion that the players should police themselves is also a joke. What in the Hell are the paid officials out there for? Would you let students run a school without a principle and a staff? Would you let inmates police themselves in a prison? No. The NHL needs to do something before any more acts like this happen. Remember that the NHL is already facing numerous lawsuits because of concussions to ex-players, and once again if I'm Orpik I'm certainly seeking legal action.

Even more embarrassing for the NHL, there were at least two other violent incidents that took place this past Saturday and one of them happened in the same game. Marchand got tripped up by Sidney Crosby and was laying on the ice surface when Penguins' forward James Neal skated by and kneed Marchand in the head. Much like Thornton's assault, the knee to the head by Neal is unwarranted and has no place in the game of hockey.

I'm proud of most Pens' fans because I have yet to see any Pens' fan try to excuse or defend what Neal did. Unlike a lot of Boston fans, who use the Neal incident to excuse what Thornton did. Neal deserves to be punished as well and I'm sure he'll get a few games. Bruins fans can't seem to come to criticize their own teams and understand that their player, like Neal, committed a violent play that does not need to be committed during a hockey game. Whether you're a Pens' fans or a Bruins' fan, defending what Neal or Thorton did does not make you a better fan. Defending them as a fan does not make you a loyal fan; it makes you an idiot.

As for Neal; he had a phone interview with the league regarding his punishment and received a five-game suspension for his act. I'm fine with that result although I would have liked to have seen more, just so this kind of stuff can be deterred a bit. It's about sending a message to everyone around the league! This is not the kind of stuff hockey fans want to see and if you're one of the few who enjoys this violence you need to be psychologically evaluated as soon as possible. Fighting in hockey can be OK but remember these incidents were not fights. What Neal did was dirty and as a fan of Neal and the Pens he needs to clean up his game.

Then there's the argument about intent. The intent of both Neal and Thorton. Both players basically tried to plead not-guilty after the game, saying that they didn't "intend" to do what they did. Or maybe Thorton just meant he didn't intend to knock another human unconscious. When it comes to Neal, if that's another Penguin laying on the ice instead of Marchand does he try to avoid him? That's where intent comes into play. Thorton skated from the other zone to attack Orpik from behind. Both players had intent to do what they did, now they're just trying to avoid as much punishment as possible.

Thornton's attack was obviously the worst of the two and he should be punished to the furthest extent by the NHL. Boston fans have been upset about Matt Cooke's actions for years and were even bringing Cooke up last night to try and defend Thorton. Most of Cooke's incidents involved dirty hits, what Thornton did was not a hockey play, it was an all out assault on another human being. It was something the "Average Joe" goes to jail for. I'm not defending Cooke, he committed a bunch of acts that he should have been punished for and he was. Cooke has since changed the way he plays for the good. The NHL also made an example out of Cooke and punished him severely multiple times. Now it's time for the NHL to do the same with Thornton.

Luckily, Orpik is going to be ok. However, will the NHL be so lucky next time? What if Orpik would have had his career ended because of this? What if Thorton had ended Orpik's life? What if the results are worse in the next incident?

If Thornton doesn't get suspended for more than 10 games this stuff will not stop any time soon. My personal opinion is that Thorton should get at least 20 games, if not more. It's too easy for teams to employ scumbags like Thorton that will go out and injure superior players on opposing teams, because they know the punishment will never fit the crime. Players should never have to leave an arena on a stretcher because of an unexpected assault from an opposing player, that along with these delusional opinions of how this stuff could have been avoided by fist fighting is a big reason why the NHL continues to be nothing more than a niche sport in America. Instead of talking about a good game between two good teams, or a highlight reel save or goal, we're stuck discussing violent acts and thuggish behavior that have nothing to do with the actual sport, again making the NHL it's own worst enemy.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Senior Moderator

^ Who wrote that? Cuz, the writer may have his/her points...but...love it or hate it, hockey is based on strong traditions esp. for teams that have been around for awhile. And so, there is a code.

Again, this sorry story could've been avoided if the Pens didn't go around slashing and kneeing people to start with as well.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

The guy who wrote that is obviously upset but he's a nitwit.

Eriksson did not touch the puck, it bounced off the wall behind him. Orpik is against fighting because he doesn't want to answer for questionable hits. He just wants to run around dangerously and never have to face the music.

Like yummy said, like it or hate it, there is a code in the NHL, you don't like it go play in Europe.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:20 PM
Senior Moderator

From CNNSI...

Orpik didn't oblige and neither did any of the other Penguins, who could have said, "Want to fight? Then fight me." Like it or not, that's The Code in hockey. There comes a time for -- call it what you will -- payback, answering the bell, facing the music, whatever peaceful sounding pugilistic analogy you prefer. When it didn't happen, Thornton, himself a player of integrity who has fought bigger as well as smaller guys throughout his career, was one step closer to blowing his top.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nhl...#ixzz2n0yV9Tk7
So, again...let me be clear, Thornton was an idiot for what he did...but, the Pens have to shoulder some blame here for playing dirty and not owning up to it.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Orpik's hit was clean, Eriksson DID touch the puck, he gets a stick on it, and it changes direction. He had his head down, and got hit with a clean shoulder check. Why should a guy have to fight after laying a clean hit?

Just read that Eriksson had already been previously concussed less than 5 weeks ago? Maybe he shouldn't have been playing?

But it's Orpik's fault right, because he laid a clean hit and didn't want to fight after his team was awarded a power play? Right... No player is under any obligation to fight, there still is no defense for the attack on Orpik, no matter how much you try justify it with nonsense.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Orpik didn't oblige and neither did any of the other Penguins, who could have said, "Want to fight? Then fight me." Like it or not, that's The Code in hockey.
This is also BS, Engelland dropped the gloves before this incident and tried to fight Lucic, Lucic is too much of a bitch and just held on and wouldn't swing. Love how this shit gets twisted around...
Old 12-09-2013, 03:43 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Pens do a ton of cheap shot hockey, and then get bent when the Bruins want payback via the code, and the Pens puss-out?

This is what cheap shot no-instigator rule hockey has brought us.

Even when applying the code here, it's till out of whack because players still then they are "protected" by the Counts dumb@ss rule, and they don't have to answer the bell for their actions.

Shannnannanban should have banned them for at least a month.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:13 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

This is also BS, Engelland dropped the gloves before this incident and tried to fight Lucic, Lucic is too much of a bitch and just held on and wouldn't swing. Love how this shit gets twisted around...
He couldn't swing because engelland had a good jersey grab. The ones who are twisting is the dirty pens who still have yet to admit any fault for what they've done.

Haven't they had incidents like this in recent years with the islanders and flyers? Does Pitt ever realize they are the common denominator in all these "embarrassments to the league"?
Old 12-09-2013, 05:06 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Don't care. No longer a Leaf fan. In the process of selecting my new team.

I know you have a man-crush on both Holland and Babcock, so you might as well embrace your second favorite team. I'm elevating a saucer pass to you streaking down the middle, you have my permission to be a goon-free Wings fan.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:51 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

James Kneel get 5.

Quick Reply: Hockey: News and Discussion Thread