Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011 | 09:17 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by Takata 18
Glow you should CLAY BAR it. My car had alot of sediments in the paint when I first got it. I have CLAY BAR it a several times and it has made a difference. Then go and buy Turtle wax's BLACK BOX it is the bomb for black cars. You will see a difference.
It's been clayed already. Actually I even had Janik do a full detail/paint correction on it and it's still all screwed up. Nothing against his work - the other 90% of the car looked like new. Just got bug guts all over the front of my car still. I think it actually ate through the clear and into the paint, so there is nothing left to do.
Old 11-14-2011 | 07:44 AM
Scott

anybody take advantage of the nice weather on sunday? i washed and detailed the interior.

could be the last warm day before the snow flies. today will be 51-55*
Old 11-14-2011 | 10:16 AM
I like turtles

If you pay i will do it. I think most of The nice days aré gone.
Of course I'd pay for it. I probably won't want it done this year though. Would be something I'd be looking at for next year.
Old 11-14-2011 | 08:35 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

So I am living in denial right now... When I hit the breaks to slow down in traffic or at a light or when I see a cop...lol... car has the shakes. That usually means that the rotors are warped... the reason im living in denial is because I have the drilled/slotted rotors which are supposed to dissipate heat... My tires are really bald and chewed up so im hoping its just the tires... thing is that the car doesn't shake when im driving, only when breaking.
Old 11-14-2011 | 10:18 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
So I am living in denial right now... When I hit the breaks to slow down in traffic or at a light or when I see a cop...lol... car has the shakes. That usually means that the rotors are warped... the reason im living in denial is because I have the drilled/slotted rotors which are supposed to dissipate heat... My tires are really bald and chewed up so im hoping its just the tires... thing is that the car doesn't shake when im driving, only when breaking.
Have your buddy with the alignment shop check it out for you. I can't see them being warp. Send an E-mail to the company you bought them from and ask for tech support. I'm sure to keep you happy they are whiling to work with you.
Old 11-14-2011 | 10:26 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by SSM4DR
Just joined that Progress 24mm adjustable RSB group buy and paid. Now I can't wait to get it so I can install in my Ingalls rear sway bar links along with it .
You will feel the difference. I installed mine this summer big difference on my car. I bought the Acura links. They were cheaper and the work great with the Progress RSB.
Old 11-14-2011 | 10:28 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by tl3430
anybody take advantage of the nice weather on sunday? i washed and detailed the interior.

could be the last warm day before the snow flies. today will be 51-55*
I did too. Washed and waxed.
Old 11-14-2011 | 10:48 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple

I haven't had any issues with mine yet and I beat the crap out of my breaks....mainly because I always wait till the last second to hit them before I rear end someone at a stoplight. Drives my wife nuts but I can help it...I was born this way
Old 11-15-2011 | 10:39 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Didn't I see on FB that your car was involved in an accident? I'd go get your alignment checked. Could be your tires too. I can't see it being your brakes cause didn't you just put those on? If they warped that bad already, i'm questioning mine as well.
Old 11-15-2011 | 04:28 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by nate_0022
Didn't I see on FB that your car was involved in an accident? I'd go get your alignment checked. Could be your tires too. I can't see it being your brakes cause didn't you just put those on? If they warped that bad already, i'm questioning mine as well.

Its not the alignment. I wasnt hit that hard, plus it has been doing this for a month now I just decided to post about it yesterday.
Old 11-15-2011 | 07:06 PM
Pro

You will feel the difference. I installed mine this summer big difference on my car. I bought the Acura links. They were cheaper and the work great with the Progress RSB.
Thanks for your input on the RSB . Is yours set on soft or stiff? I think I'm going to set mines on soft since my HT-Spec 2 coilovers are already set on the stiff side.
Old 11-16-2011 | 07:56 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

This shit is funny as hell!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wELZvVwBlZU
Old 11-16-2011 | 07:18 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Bahaha I love car sounds. This was my fav back in high school.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9coH3WGSkAU&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Old 11-18-2011 | 11:10 AM
I like turtles

Saw a new GT-R yesterday in Plymouth while driving into work... Perfect way to start out the day.. I personally would have it in storage by now though...
Old 11-19-2011 | 11:44 AM
Advanced

Talking

Thanks for your input on the RSB . Is yours set on soft or stiff? I think I'm going to set mines on soft since my HT-Spec 2 coilovers are already set on the stiff side.
I have Mine set to stiff. It made my car's handling unbelievable.
Old 11-19-2011 | 11:49 AM
Advanced

Talking

This is officially the time to put the TL away. It sucks but it is snowing.
Old 11-19-2011 | 01:22 PM
Pro

I have Mine set to stiff. It made my car's handling unbelievable.
I was doing some research on the RSB and it seems that some 3rd gen TL's with the progress RSB set to stiff with stock suspension is known to snap the bracket holding the RSB onto the car. I think it's due to the fact that their running stock suspension with softer spring rates causing lots of suspension travel to be able to snap those brackets off like that.

After having a talk with my older brother that owns the Black IS350. It looks like I will be setting the RSB on stiff on mines too. And I believe that I should be fine since I'm on coilovers and will be running it along with the ingalls end links .
Old 11-20-2011 | 11:09 AM
Instructor

Do I need to install new end links for the Progress RSB ?
Old 11-20-2011 | 12:37 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by GivatiTL
Do I need to install new end links for the Progress RSB ?
Only if they are bad. My front ones were bad so while I bought new end links for them, I said: why not replace all 4 while I'm at it. Symptoms of bad end links are: http://www.ehow.com/list_6062259_sym...-sway-bar.html After the new ones went on, those unusual noise (click/clunk) while going over bumps in the front were gone .
Old 11-21-2011 | 09:32 AM
Advanced

Talking

I was doing some research on the RSB and it seems that some 3rd gen TL's with the progress RSB set to stiff with stock suspension is known to snap the bracket holding the RSB onto the car. I think it's due to the fact that their running stock suspension with softer spring rates causing lots of suspension travel to be able to snap those brackets off like that.

After having a talk with my older brother that owns the Black IS350. It looks like I will be setting the RSB on stiff on mines too. And I believe that I should be fine since I'm on coilovers and will be running it along with the ingalls end links .
I have the A-Spec suspension on my car. So it has handle and performed well. I did not go with Coil-overs because if you use the car as a DD in Minnesota you have to worry about the salt in the winter affecting your adjustments due to corrosion. I also have read a thread were it explained that if you set the RSB to stiff is better than soft because your ability to take the corners and not have fish tail effect improve dramatically. I can tell you it is true I have done it.
The following users liked this post:
SSM4DR (11-21-2011)
Old 11-21-2011 | 09:34 AM
I like turtles

So I'm picking up my Blizzak WS70's today.. Looking forward to testing them out and seeing how they perform this winter. From everything I've read and heard, I should not be disappointed. I'll let you guys know what I think.

Also, I put the TL in for an A12 service this weekend and was given a 2012 TSX as a loaner.. Not sure if you guys have taken them out before, but I was surprised by how quick it actually was. The updated interior was pretty nice, on par with what I'd expect to get for the money. Only thing I didn't like was the unusual amount of road noise at higher speeds. Anyone else notice this?
Old 11-21-2011 | 09:37 AM
Advanced

Talking

Only if they are bad. My front ones were bad so while I bought new end links for them, I said: why not replace all 4 while I'm at it. Symptoms of bad end links are: http://www.ehow.com/list_6062259_sym...-sway-bar.html After the new ones went on, those unusual noise (click/clunk) while going over bumps in the front were gone .
SSDRM is correct. I went with the OEM because they are cheaper and do the same job. In my 04 & 07 I have not had one fail except when I was installing the RSB one froze up and I replaced both for half the price of the Ingalls.
Old 11-21-2011 | 09:43 AM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by luckyjakob
So I'm picking up my Blizzak WS70's today.. Looking forward to testing them out and seeing how they perform this winter. From everything I've read and heard, I should not be disappointed. I'll let you guys know what I think.

Also, I put the TL in for an A12 service this weekend and was given a 2012 TSX as a loaner.. Not sure if you guys have taken them out before, but I was surprised by how quick it actually was. The updated interior was pretty nice, on par with what I'd expect to get for the money. Only thing I didn't like was the unusual amount of road noise at higher speeds. Anyone else notice this?
They should be quick they have the same engine as your TL. Noise-could be maybe due to less noise suppression panels it is a cheaper vehicle.
Old 11-21-2011 | 10:23 AM
I like turtles

They should be quick they have the same engine as your TL. Noise-could be maybe due to less noise suppression panels it is a cheaper vehicle.
It was only a 4-cylinder TSX, not the V6. I've been tossing the idea around of getting a 4G TL or a 2G V6 TSX though... I'd probably be paying the same price as I pay for my 3G TL, but have a newer model with more goodies... The 4-cylinder TSX was quick, but not enough to get me to want one
Old 11-21-2011 | 01:52 PM
XpressoBeans

Question Tires N Such

Hey guys,
I have an 05 Blue Pearl TL with the Aspec bells n whistles added on but have the stock 17's I will be due for a set of new tires next year when the spring hits and currently have the BFGs Gforces on it and they have been ok but only lasted about 20xxx miles. I was curious what I should put on the ole TL next spring and keep seeing that the DWS is highly recommended but my Service guy at Bloomington couldn't totally vouch for them. So any input guys?

Or if anyone has a nice set of aspec rims.... Then I may need some bigger tires

Also, What about adding more girth to the wheels? I see that people go from the 235/45/17s up to 255/40/17s hows that look? Or would the 245s be just fine? I wouldn't mind em a little thicker.

Guess thats it
Old 11-21-2011 | 02:26 PM
I like turtles

Originally Posted by xpressobeans
Hey guys,
I have an 05 Blue Pearl TL with the Aspec bells n whistles added on but have the stock 17's I will be due for a set of new tires next year when the spring hits and currently have the BFGs Gforces on it and they have been ok but only lasted about 20xxx miles. I was curious what I should put on the ole TL next spring and keep seeing that the DWS is highly recommended but my Service guy at Bloomington couldn't totally vouch for them. So any input guys?

Or if anyone has a nice set of aspec rims.... Then I may need some bigger tires

Also, What about adding more girth to the wheels? I see that people go from the 235/45/17s up to 255/40/17s hows that look? Or would the 245s be just fine? I wouldn't mind em a little thicker.

Guess thats it
I've got some friends running the Conti DWS and have heard nothing but good things from them. They are a solid all-season tire.
Old 11-21-2011 | 07:28 PM
Boosted...

Originally Posted by luckyjakob
It was only a 4-cylinder TSX, not the V6. I've been tossing the idea around of getting a 4G TL or a 2G V6 TSX though... I'd probably be paying the same price as I pay for my 3G TL, but have a newer model with more goodies... The 4-cylinder TSX was quick, but not enough to get me to want one
well if your really thinking of getting a Tsx, the special edition with the 6 speed is fun. But you need to drive the Tl 4g awd/6speed. It's my favorite car in our line up right now. Also this spring (around april) we will have a new car (Rsx return) in the line-up. Rumors are Sh-Awd and a new K25 motor pushing 250WHp. Also in the fall next year the Rl is stepping up into 7 series size and performance

Old 11-21-2011 | 08:16 PM
Pro

I have the A-Spec suspension on my car. So it has handle and performed well. I did not go with Coil-overs because if you use the car as a DD in Minnesota you have to worry about the salt in the winter affecting your adjustments due to corrosion. I also have read a thread were it explained that if you set the RSB to stiff is better than soft because your ability to take the corners and not have fish tail effect improve dramatically. I can tell you it is true I have done it.
Thanks for the input. I just couldn't do a shock and spring upgrade setup because I feared that it may not give me the ride height I desire. Been there before with my old car, I had Koni yellow's paired with Eibach pro kits springs and later on. I switched them to ground control coilover sleeves.

Sigh I do miss the way the Accord coupe looked.

Old 11-21-2011 | 10:27 PM
6th Gear

This is officially the time to put the TL away. It sucks but it is snowing.
What do you guys drive in the winter who store your TL?
Old 11-21-2011 | 11:18 PM
I like turtles

Originally Posted by WBA-01
well if your really thinking of getting a Tsx, the special edition with the 6 speed is fun. But you need to drive the Tl 4g awd/6speed. It's my favorite car in our line up right now. Also this spring (around april) we will have a new car (Rsx return) in the line-up. Rumors are Sh-Awd and a new K25 motor pushing 250WHp. Also in the fall next year the Rl is stepping up into 7 series size and performance

Maybe I'll have to hold out then... I've always loved the RSX, and if it's anything like you described, sounds like I'll love this new car...
Old 11-22-2011 | 12:22 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Originally Posted by metric
I had a dodge ram that I drove. Sold the TL, then sold the truck. Now I have a G35x. lol

Really was interested in a 4g SH-AWD but those things are frigging expensive compared to what I picked up my 07 X for.

And I recently started driving to different locations for work (I do IT for Fairview) and I'm putting on roughly 400-600 miles a week, so the truck became unrealistic (cost me $150 a week in unreimbursed gas)
Old 11-22-2011 | 09:21 AM
Advanced

Talking

I have a1992 Toyota Paseo front wheel drive with 198,000 miles, great on gas.

Last edited by Takata 18; 11-22-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-22-2011 | 09:47 AM
I like turtles

I don't store my TL
Old 11-23-2011 | 07:48 AM
Advanced

Hey anyone interested in a set of Acura racing pedals PM me. I also have a 04-05 steering wheellike new
Old 11-23-2011 | 10:51 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

no storring for me either. I wish I would've kept my beater, that'd keep the miles down on my car lol. 73,000 miles in 2.5 years is a bit much.
Old 11-24-2011 | 04:45 PM
Advanced

Talking

Hi all Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Old 11-24-2011 | 07:24 PM
Advanced

Talking

Who is going out shoPing tonight on BLACK FRIDAY.
Old 11-24-2011 | 11:33 PM
Pro

Hi all Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Thanks, right back at cha .
Old 11-25-2011 | 09:48 AM
Just drive...

Who is going out shoPing tonight on BLACK FRIDAY.
No shopping on Black Friday....those people are nuts!
Old 11-25-2011 | 10:56 AM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by MN07TLS
No shopping on Black Friday....those people are nuts!
Good to see that you still come out here. Nile is out of Acura he has gone to brand X.

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras