rockstar143's '04 NBP progress thread (part deux continues after 6 year hiatus)

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 07:28 AM
Drifting

Received 407 Likes on 338 Posts
he does cater to the VAG guys J, but i got a quote from him on the 6mt setup, and it was i believe $350 for f/r with zinc coating which is an extra $25 i think(we are considered big brakes which is like $50 more)

now here's the cool part. he ONLY uses oem blanks. he machines them after you order, so there is usually a 3 week wait time.

this was after 1 year on my car, just the simple 'race 1' pattern i believe its called now.

and i was really really hard on them, and never had any warping. i even laid into the brakes at >175mph without warping although i probably cut half my pad life on that one. and, if you are wondering, i'm not exaggerating.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:35 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 20,015 Likes on 14,518 Posts
When you says something, I usually assume you're not exaggerating. I would love to see a situation where you're testing the top speed of your car and have to slam on the brakes THAT hard!

I got you...that's actually a pretty good price then...to take OEM blanks, coat them and make the design cut outs...I really like some of the designs on that site! I think I may save up to go this route...but I'll wait until my rotors are shot and warped before I do. Can't see spending this much money for some minor bling behind the rim.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by gerzand
Hey bud,

Can you elaborate why you need a nut and some washers to hammer out the stud?

I am going to be doing longer wheel studs soon as well. Studded wheel spacers are no longer an option for me with these agressive wheels. I only need a 8mm spacer, and anything more will cause crazy cutting (even with rolled fenders)

However, there does *seem* to be a potential problem. The thread below was originally started by Opel, but "Innacurate" had then posted that by cutting the dust shield it may give you more room. However, Innacurate makes no mention on if a (slightly) LONGER stud may/may not work. I am wondering if by simply removing the shield, any clearance issues with the spindle can totally be averted..... LMK your thoughts:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/quick-way-changing-broken-wheel-studs-790653/
Ok, so I read the thread...thanks for the heads up bud...I actually have a real Acura service manual so I will read it and see HOW they recommend changing studs, I can't imagine it requiring removal of the axle to get to them. It seems crazy. I, hopefully, will come up with a clever way to swap out these studs.

J.

I also plan on pulling the new studs IN and not hammering them in from the back. I'll use anti seize and gently pull them in to keep from damaging the threads. Stay tuned...I'm giving it a whirl tomorrow.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:13 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^
Old 01-06-2012, 10:07 AM

Ok...so I've confirmed with a friend of mine that does knows his stuff and has actually done it...you CAN get the extended studs in with just grinding down the side of the extended lug.
The following users liked this post:
gerzand (01-06-2012)
Old 01-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Drifting

well the heat got to them so fast i didn't realize how much pressure i had been putting on them til i started to let off. i didn't *actually* need to do that.

i just did.

for science. and stuffs.

edit: after seeing that other brake thread....kids please don't do this shit. i haven't gone over 100 mph in 2 years. drive safe.

Last edited by veggiemonster; 01-06-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 AM

its worthless to say but imma remind you....

TAKE A TON of pictures and make a DIY....
Old 01-06-2012, 11:03 AM

I used to push the limits and speed all the time...last night, I felt like it for some reason...car felt strong and nice in the cool weather...did 100. I used to see how fast i could go...now, I just chill...listen to music and cruise at 80 or so.

Swoosh, of course...you know me, dude. I always take pictures!

J.
veggiemonster (01-06-2012)
Old 01-06-2012, 11:15 AM
Drifting

yes sir that sounds like me. although as long as i can keep my cruise set i don't mind doing even 65 on the highway. one day you realize how much risk there is. spending minutes doing crazy shit, when something life changing only takes an instant...risks are jsut too high
The following 2 users liked this post by veggiemonster:
Flipster23 (01-09-2012), rockstar143 (01-07-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
I love the car jeremy, I got my tl about a year ago and was originally following ballinfizzles thread because i really liked his look. But then i saw yours and instantly fell in love. I am not sure if you even still rock the trunk spoiler but seeing yours made me get one and I absolutely love it. I was a little wary about blacking to much out but seeing yours made me want to push the limit. I have almost everything black except my rims which are a flat bronze color, I think your rims are about the only type that looks good black on black. I got the usr tails and cut them open to black them out which is the only thing I have sort of regretted, I love the look but i wish i wouldn't have blacked the part that actually covers the brake light. Originally i wanted to just dust it a little with the smoke paint but i think i went a bit overboard. You should post a list off all your mods though I was trying to read through this thread and gave up at page 21 lol it is so long. Currently my future plans are spacers and accord fogs for sure. I am also debating doing the type s rack which i guess I would pretty much have to do type s sway bar in the front while i have the sub frame dropped and while I am at it this would mean I would prly also end up doing progress in the rear. What are your thoughts, have you done these... is it worth the money. I think we both come from frugal ways so i respect your opinion. I thought it was funny seeing your post about your bushings in the camber kit failing. I have def learned the hard way about trying to go the cheap rout with ebay camber kits from cars in the past.
The following 2 users liked this post by joelmatt89:
rockstar143 (01-07-2012), veggiemonster (01-09-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by veggiemonster
yes sir that sounds like me. although as long as i can keep my cruise set i don't mind doing even 65 on the highway. one day you realize how much risk there is. spending minutes doing crazy shit, when something life changing only takes an instant...risks are jsut too high
hahah this is how i calculated that the risk is not worth it....

drive to work 22 miles ALL highway (speed limit is 70)
If I drive @ 60mph : 22 minutes RISK: LOW Aggravation level: LOW
If I drive @ 70mph : 18.8 minutes RISK: LOW Aggravation level: LOW
If I drive @ 75mph : 17.6 minutes RISK: LOW Aggravation level: LOW
If I drive @ 80mph : 16.5 minutes RISK: MED Aggravation level: MED
If I drive @ 90mph : 14.6 minutes RISK: HIGH Aggravation level: HIGH

So its a 3 minute difference for the 22 miles but risk and aggravation level is LOW....so why risk it....rather put on some nice songs and enjoy the drive
The following 2 users liked this post by swoosh:
rockstar143 (01-07-2012), veggiemonster (01-09-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 01:46 PM

DIY for extended stud install, as promised
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...3#post13465153
swoosh (01-07-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 01:53 PM

Trust me, brother...I see it all the time. People fly by me and I think, what an asshole...but I do it sometimes and used to do it all the time so I can't talk shit. I just move out of their way. Now, I chill, save gas and avoid having an ulcer at all costs.

Originally Posted by joelmatt89
I love the car jeremy, I got my tl about a year ago and was originally following ballinfizzles thread because i really liked his look. But then i saw yours and instantly fell in love. I am not sure if you even still rock the trunk spoiler but seeing yours made me get one and I absolutely love it. I was a little wary about blacking to much out but seeing yours made me want to push the limit. I have almost everything black except my rims which are a flat bronze color, I think your rims are about the only type that looks good black on black. I got the usr tails and cut them open to black them out which is the only thing I have sort of regretted, I love the look but i wish i wouldn't have blacked the part that actually covers the brake light. Originally i wanted to just dust it a little with the smoke paint but i think i went a bit overboard. You should post a list off all your mods though I was trying to read through this thread and gave up at page 21 lol it is so long. Currently my future plans are spacers and accord fogs for sure. I am also debating doing the type s rack which i guess I would pretty much have to do type s sway bar in the front while i have the sub frame dropped and while I am at it this would mean I would prly also end up doing progress in the rear. What are your thoughts, have you done these... is it worth the money. I think we both come from frugal ways so i respect your opinion. I thought it was funny seeing your post about your bushings in the camber kit failing. I have def learned the hard way about trying to go the cheap rout with ebay camber kits from cars in the past.
Joel, I hear ya, thanks for the compliments! I agree about the ebay cambers... I should put a mod list together. Haven't thought to in a while and now the list would be daunting! I have the progress rear sway bar set to stiff and oem front sway (but thicker since I have a manual TL). I wouldn't bother with swapping the rack. You made it to page 21, you might as well finish!

I have spacers on my car too, just posted a link to a DIY I just made this morning. Version 1's up front and 2's rear. My works tires were cooked, so I am on my aspecs for a while again. Jury is out on the spoiler...I love it too, but took it off for a change of look for a while. I am not covering the holes with anything more than CF vinyl right now though cause I'm SURE I'll put it back on. About the USR's...boy do I know what you mean. I didn't like the ghost ones on my car. Was going to cut them open...but practiced first on a set of reds. Too difficult and not precise enough. SO I sold them to a friend and just bought a set of the smoked ones USR sells. I love them MUCH more. Good luck with your modding and let me know if you have a build thread I can check out!
Happy Weekend!

Originally Posted by swoosh
hahah this is how i calculated that the risk is not worth it....

drive to work 22 miles ALL highway (speed limit is 70)
If I drive @ 60mph : 22 minutes RISK: LOW Aggravation level: LOW
If I drive @ 70mph : 18.8 minutes RISK: LOW Aggravation level: LOW
If I drive @ 75mph : 17.6 minutes RISK: LOW Aggravation level: LOW
If I drive @ 80mph : 16.5 minutes RISK: MED Aggravation level: MED
If I drive @ 90mph : 14.6 minutes RISK: HIGH Aggravation level: HIGH

So its a 3 minute difference for the 22 miles but risk and aggravation level is LOW....so why risk it....rather put on some nice songs and enjoy the drive
Dude..so real...so true. YOu see these people and think..you are going to kill someone flying like that. Then you get to the red light and they are next to you again. Come pingas!

Maturing really is grand!
veggiemonster (01-09-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 02:10 PM

Great DIY bro....

yeah maturing is really grand....i remember i used to drive on a windy road, speed limit was 35 and i always did 50-60 trying to see what my car can do....was a 1 lane each side road with no overtaking but did that stop me? NO

one day i was driving kinda fast and overtook this MB SUV...she got scared and swerved a little.....checked in my rearview mirror and saw a baby seat in the 2nd row of the SUV.....i slapped myself in the head and slowed down.....never sped on that road again....

there could have been a baby in the car.....she cud have lost control....dont want that on my conscious....
Old 01-07-2012, 02:47 PM

Conscience!
CON Science...that's how I remember it!

PS...thanks bro...I agree with you totally. I have had many moments like that!
swoosh (01-07-2012)
Old 01-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Joel, I hear ya, thanks for the compliments! I agree about the ebay cambers... I should put a mod list together. Haven't thought to in a while and now the list would be daunting! I have the progress rear sway bar set to stiff and oem front sway (but thicker since I have a manual TL). I wouldn't bother with swapping the rack. You made it to page 21, you might as well finish!

I have spacers on my car too, just posted a link to a DIY I just made this morning. Version 1's up front and 2's rear. My works tires were cooked, so I am on my aspecs for a while again. Jury is out on the spoiler...I love it too, but took it off for a change of look for a while. I am not covering the holes with anything more than CF vinyl right now though cause I'm SURE I'll put it back on. About the USR's...boy do I know what you mean. I didn't like the ghost ones on my car. Was going to cut them open...but practiced first on a set of reds. Too difficult and not precise enough. SO I sold them to a friend and just bought a set of the smoked ones USR sells. I love them MUCH more. Good luck with your modding and let me know if you have a build thread I can check out!
Happy Weekend!
Alright well thanks for the tip on the steering rack. Sorry for a bit of a thread jack here but honestly i have had aftermarket sway bars on the past on my cars but I don't feel like the tl needs anything beefier in the back. I guess I just dont know what I am missing, is it that noticeable? If i get the progress do you think i should get the type s for the front to balance things out? Also I noticed you mentioned on page 20 or so something about tightening the steering rack and i recall reading something about this maybe being in the service manual... was this pretty noticeable, maybe i will do that today. I almost did finish this thread... soo many pictures! I don't have a build thread... I think because I am constantly telling myself i need to stop! Ill post up a couple pics really quick in a second here. I actually just got a set of akata spacers today in the mail. I got 15mm to try on the front and rear my tires are 245/35r19 and the rims are 19x8.5 +45 I dont think they are going to work in the front or rear... front is close. The rear looks like 10 is all I can get which confuses me I thought usually you could get a lot more out of the rear. I am going to go try to adjust the camber and see if i can make it work. I am pretty much 0 now maybe slightly positive.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:14 PM

Well, remember, I'm also rolled front and back, so I have space, PLUS, I have 235's. Even on my 19's I had 235's.

To be honest, I FEEL like the car takes corners much better with the rear sway bar...but that's because I spent money on it and I'd like to think it makes a difference. If you feel happy with it, I'd suggest you keep it JUST the way it is!

About tightening the steering rack, a buddy of mine did it for me. I tried to find it in the manual, but had a hard time figuring out which nut they are talking about. I KNOW it's hard to get to, that's for sure...and you can easily tighten too much to the point where the steering wheel won't straighten back out on it's own. So be careful!

I have akata spacers on my girl's 08 accord...20MM in the back. Most people, if you're not SUPER slammed, usually go with 25 rear and 15 front. Since I love being low, and I'm rolled, 10 front and 20 rear. I couldn't have known that without just going for it and playing with settings though.

J.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Instructor

Well, remember, I'm also rolled front and back, so I have space, PLUS, I have 235's. Even on my 19's I had 235's.

To be honest, I FEEL like the car takes corners much better with the rear sway bar...but that's because I spent money on it and I'd like to think it makes a difference. If you feel happy with it, I'd suggest you keep it JUST the way it is!

About tightening the steering rack, a buddy of mine did it for me. I tried to find it in the manual, but had a hard time figuring out which nut they are talking about. I KNOW it's hard to get to, that's for sure...and you can easily tighten too much to the point where the steering wheel won't straighten back out on it's own. So be careful!

I have akata spacers on my girl's 08 accord...20MM in the back. Most people, if you're not SUPER slammed, usually go with 25 rear and 15 front. Since I love being low, and I'm rolled, 10 front and 20 rear. I couldn't have known that without just going for it and playing with settings though.

J.
Thanks for the advice on the sway bar, thats some good honest advice i think im going to stick to how it is now and try to figure out how to tighten up the steering rack. If your friend has any tip on which nut to tighten that would be a huge help i will probably just start a thread and see what i can find. The looseness in the steering rack is my biggest gripe with the performance of this car beside the known transmission issues but i havent had any slipping yet so im good as far as that goes (fingers crossed). I just spent the last two hours trying to adjust the camber on one wheel and finally after taking it off and using the oxy acetylene torch to heat it up to i was able to break everything and get it moving freely gotta love southeast michigan/northwest ohio rust. But luckily the bushings seems fine on it and i think after a little fender rolling the fit will be perfect. I don't understand why it seems like i have less space in the back but it is what it is, +30 in the front and rear seems to be perfect for my setup. Thanks again for your advice and overall excellent taste in your mods giving me a great direction to follow. Hopefully one of these days I will get some good pictures so you can see how much you've influenced my car!
Old 01-07-2012, 07:20 PM

Thanks, buddy. Very big compliments for a very accomplished mechanic himself! (if you have an acetylene torch, you know what you're doing!).

About the nut, he is secretive, he wouldn't even tell ME where it is! If you look at the thread about lower control arm bushing failure, the latter part of the pages, there was a guy that found it and posted a pic on where this nut is!
Old 01-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Instructor

Thanks, buddy. Very big compliments for a very accomplished mechanic himself! (if you have an acetylene torch, you know what you're doing!).

About the nut, he is secretive, he wouldn't even tell ME where it is! If you look at the thread about lower control arm bushing failure, the latter part of the pages, there was a guy that found it and posted a pic on where this nut is!
Awesome, thanks for the tip im headin to that thread now.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:50 AM

Anytime, man.

Swoosh, sorry, bad habit of correcting people. Figured it's helpful?!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:36 AM

^^^ all good bro....

constructive criticism always welcome and thanks for the tip (i figure out tips for everything as well LOL, makes things so much easier)....
Old 01-08-2012, 10:18 AM

That's all...knowing shit doesn't mean people are smart, it means they've done stupid shit before and remembered not to do it again. I'd rather be able to retain and figure things out quickly than have been a 4.0 student any day.

Anyway...last night the fact that I hammered the hub out of true really was bothering me. I pictured nightmares of having the hardest time getting the spacer off etc. So this morning I used my mini pry bar set to pull it off using the hub as leverage. I then used my dremel with the grinding stone on it and ground down the little scrape shavings inside the spacer from forcing it on and carefully rounded out the edges where the hammer had hit the hub. End result...smooth again...spacer goes on/off without being forced. Yay, ingenuity!

Also, don't cringe y'all...but after seeing my spoiler sitting in the kitchen nook...I actually ended up missing it. I saw a pic of a hooked up TL somewhere on here last night with the trunk spoiler and thought...I'm puttin that bish back on tomorrow. So I did. 10 whole minutes!

J
Old 01-08-2012, 10:21 AM

^^^

you know if you stop putting the spoiler on and off (10 minutes everytime)....you will have a ton of time on your hands....

in the past month i think you have spend 40 minutes just taking it off and putting it on LOL....

whenever you get a feeling like that, go for a 10 minute jog or something LOL.....your car looks way sexy without the spoiler....
Old 01-08-2012, 10:47 AM

I love it...it's staying.
And I DO go for 30 minute jogs!!!
You're funny, dude. If I took all the time I mod, unmod, then mod, then come up with other ideas. I'd have enough time to figure out this whole "world hunger" thing...

Ha ha ha...
Old 01-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Drifting

Great DIY bro....

yeah maturing is really grand....i remember i used to drive on a windy road, speed limit was 35 and i always did 50-60 trying to see what my car can do....was a 1 lane each side road with no overtaking but did that stop me? NO

one day i was driving kinda fast and overtook this MB SUV...she got scared and swerved a little.....checked in my rearview mirror and saw a baby seat in the 2nd row of the SUV.....i slapped myself in the head and slowed down.....never sped on that road again....

there could have been a baby in the car.....she cud have lost control....dont want that on my conscious....
yes. that sort of thing happened to me, and i realized that the OTHER people could get themselves into trouble because i scare them. it's happened so many times. but i still can't let myself let it go when they 'road rage' on me...i have to pick them off on a lane change and 'stuff' them. why? cus fuck that asshole, he'll get someone hurt.

in my s4 when i was just chipped (so 260/300 wheel hp/tq), i was rolling 4 deep going home from chicago(precursor, i do not do anything wreckless with passengers, but this dude would not back off and it seemed the only way to remain safe). all of a sudden this 100% stock auto colbalt ss flies up and slams his brakes to get next to my door. i mean he cut at least 30 mph right there. first sign he's got no clue.
10 miles later he's being an asshat still and making crazy dangerous lane changes to stay at my door to get a run in. FINE. here's your race brah. (not even close)
but this guy is trying to get the ricer fly by, which is pretty hard when you have a bus length to catch at 110.

so here he comes, theres 5 lanes at this point, 2 people getting on, 3 door to door. there is NO where to go except my line on the left lane and then a HARD CUT into the middle. i'm not gonna go for it, so i'm braking, see him FLYING up, not cutting his speed at all. even my passengers were saying oh shit as he squeals past us at about 75, i slammed my brakes, let him in front of me, and he still almost hits the car.

we get next to him again, the 4 of us clapping out the window. and that's when i see he has 5 people in his car.

i swear that guy almost killed 20-30 people over a course of 15 minutes.
I love it...it's staying.
And I DO go for 30 minute jogs!!!
You're funny, dude. If I took all the time I mod, unmod, then mod, then come up with other ideas. I'd have enough time to figure out this whole "world hunger" thing...

Ha ha ha...
LOL. woah J, you're a selfish douche?!?!?
rockstar143 (01-09-2012)
Old 01-09-2012, 08:53 AM

bro, you already KNOW this!

I have more stories like that above than I care to admit. Funny thing though...when I do that...and I see that my lane is the only one the person will be able to jump into to avoid the car ahead, I usually back off and let them go. NOW, I even just let it ride...fk that...go kill yourself, I'm not egging it on.

Actually, since it's story time at the Apollo...I have one. 328 BMW one night...by my house...I'm behind him, normal distance, we make the right I signal and all...he pulls off the road and as soon as I pass he hauls azz to catch up to me. Ummm...ok...so, at the stop sign right before my house...I light him up...like...by at least 3 cars. As I signal and pull into my development he kinda swerves toward my car to scare me. I let it go.

Then, two weeks later, I'm driving home with my friend and our girls...coming home from a Panthers game. 11pm on a weekday on I75 which is a 80ish mph flow of traffic type of highway...barely anyone on the road. This car behind me is staying behind me with the high beams on...I tolerate it for a bit, but then I signal and move over and it does it to. This goes on for 2 miles or so when finally, I slow down abruptly and he has to pass me...so I get behind him and high beam him for a while....then I realize it's the same BWM that got butt hurt that my POS Acura beat him...after a minute or so I say eff it and take off, he resumes following me but at a much higher rate of speed and he starts high beaming me again. When I was almost at my exit, I had had enough, I did not just slam on the brakes...I locked them up and came to a dead stop on the highway with the intent of getting out of my car and punching this guy in the face. He managed to stop too...and when I got out of my car, I could see the look on his face and I ALSO saw all the headlights barreling down on us at 80 plus mph...so I got back in my car. Needless to say he stayed about 10 car lengths back with his regular low beams on...I just let it go at that point. I felt like he got my message.

and about rage...I have at least 2 stories where I've tried to put my foot thru people's doors, while they are in the car.

Anyway...I'm not proud about any of those stories. Trying to keep them in the past...hence the more laid back, I'm not in a rush to get anywhere attitude I have now.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Drifting

^^^ one time a guy got out from 5 cars behind me to bang on my window. i was 16 and he was at least 40. he literally was attempting to break my window and who knows what after that. all because he pulled out in front of me and i HAD to pass to avoid hitting him. i had to run from him. like 5 miles all over 100 mph.... crazy assholes always be crazy.

i hear you on staying calm. sometimes its too hard to turn off my inner Troll though lol. the tailgaters get the troll, but the wreckless i get right out of their way. i just don't want to get in an accident and get eff'd for life like my mom and grandmother.

edit: just noticed the avatar. holy shit that angle makes it look mean as fuck.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:44 AM

Thanks man! I took those shots on Saturday after my extended stud install. The lighting was PERFECT!

Anyway, I'm sorry to hear about your mother and grandmother. I'm not sure what, but I'm assuming it wasn't good. And I agree...I've never been a confrontational kinda person but sometimes...I swear, people think they are so tough when they are protected by their cars. Just back off and relax!

Sometimes easier said than done though.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Drifting

oh i probably shouldn't have left it open ended. my grandma was in a little mazda about 15 years ago and got hit. shattered most of her legs. she has rods/fake knees now.
my mom got hit about 4 years ago and shattered her wrists, got hit on the head really bad. has memory issues and can't hold anything heavy anymore.

neither were their fault, 100% free of fault, but that doesn't change the outcome. its one of those experiences you want to learn from when it happens to them not you. i always triple check before pulling out anywhere now, look for people to blow the redlight, etc.

but nevermind that stuff. car looks awesome. love it more than with the works still, but i'll be excited when you get new tires none the less haha
Old 01-11-2012, 10:57 AM

Shoot, sorry, didn't even think you had replied.
Wow, sorry to hear that, my friend. I know what you mean, I have a close friend in a wheelchair due to some vehicular stupidity...I try and think before I act too. Seems to get easier to do as I get older. Maybe it's cause it takes me longer to realize I'm mad now.

Anyway, I'm in NO rush to get the works back on, honestly, I LOVE how it looks with the aspecs. I'm going to give it a few months to see if I feel the same way since I change my mind often. If not, they'll be posted in the BM. I had quite a few people interested in buying them and I'd be fair with the price, obviously.

New pic from that same day, I messed with it.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:07 AM

still no spoiler
Old 01-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Drifting

holy shit. that looks really really good. nice picture J.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:14 AM

as a matter of fact...I like that new picture so much...NEW AVI!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:16 AM

still no spoiler
That picture is from last week, sport! I done toldja...it's back on!

holy shit. that looks really really good. nice picture J.
Guess what Sean...I had a great teacher...less is more...less is more. Eventually, it stuck!

Old 01-11-2012, 11:25 AM

rockstar143 (01-11-2012)
Old 01-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Drifting

Guess what Sean...I had a great teacher...less is more...less is more. Eventually, it stuck!

i'm so proud!!!!!
rockstar143 (01-11-2012)
Old 01-11-2012, 01:13 PM
MMkay.

Received 188 Likes on 154 Posts
man; i love comin on to acurazine to see threads like this. always one of the first i check out;keep it up!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:22 PM

Project_Clean, thanks man...quite a compliment!

LOL...you guys are too much!

Sooo, I really want to figure out why I don't have power to my driver side courtesy light. I had that stupid fuse #6 keep blowing on me thing...then jumpered it and got it to where the fuse wouldn't blow and after that courtesy light gone but only on that side. I'm thinking I must have cut into the wire somewhere and caused it to short out...I need to take the panel off and trace where the power stops going to the door.

That's on my short list of repairs I had given up on...still need to repair my quarter window molding that is crinkling up AND figure out a way to fix my lumbar support. The cost to fix that though is ridiculously high.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:59 AM
MMkay.

Received 188 Likes on 154 Posts
I read on some of the service bulletins here at the Dealer in regards to the Lumbar support; and sometimes its just the switch that needs to be replaced which would run about $60. There is a way to test it (checking continuity between the pins on the switch)
if this helps:

i'd explain; but i hate getting into electrical. I hope it is your switch; cause otherwise- the motors is like $260 and its a P.i.t.a to replace.
As for the the short on your door; it probably is..though im wondering if maybe the actual socket has something to do with it;maybe a loose connection or something?

I read on some of the service bulletins here at the Dealer in regards to the Lumbar support; and sometimes its just the switch that needs to be replaced which would run about $60. There is a way to test it (checking continuity between the pins on the switch)
if this helps:

i'd explain; but i hate getting into electrical. I hope it is your switch; cause otherwise- the motors is like $260 and its a P.i.t.a to replace.
As for the the short on your door; it probably is..though im wondering if maybe the actual socket has something to do with it;maybe a loose connection or something?

Last edited by Project_CLean; 01-12-2012 at 09:03 AM.

Quick Reply: rockstar143's '04 NBP progress thread (part deux continues after 6 year hiatus)