Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Morbid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I confered with my buddy, the search button, but even with his help I still not get any clarification on weather or not you can edit version 4.56A disclaimer text.

Anyone here know?

Also. P.R.E.A.M, what character and movie is your splash screen from? Looks familiar, but cant place the face.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:08 PM
2K8 CBP TL-S 6MT

it's from an anime called hellsing character is a Vamipre called Arucard
Old 03-02-2008, 06:40 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ncinirator
I confered with my buddy, the search button, but even with his help I still not get any clarification on weather or not you can edit version 4.56A disclaimer text.

Anyone here know?
Editing the Disclaimer should be the same for all versions. You must use a Hex Editor and open the Navi.exe file. Once the Hex Editor has the Navi.exe opened... Search for the text "This system provides" there should be 2 instances that show up. You only need to edit the 2nd instance (the one closer to the end of the file).

You can extend the amout of charactors per line. Make sure to add "00 20 00 20 00" after the text you entered in each line to close out the english from french. I'm not sure how many charactors per line max you can have but, I have 44 charactors on 1 line.

Hope this helps out some.

I will edit this post to display my edited Disclaimer once I take a pic of that...

Since a few of my buddies and I started a Halo_PC Clan (http://itgclan.com), I got in game using a fly cam and took a pic of myself. Sure wish I could play it on there tho

Name:  DSC03594.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  26.7 KB
Old 03-02-2008, 07:27 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ncinirator

Anyone here know?
Editing the Disclaimer should be the same for all versions. You must use a Hex Editor and open the Navi.exe file. Once the Hex Editor has the Navi.exe opened... Search for the text "This system provides" there should be 2 instances that show up. You only need to edit the 2nd instance (the one closer to the end of the file).

You can extend the amout of charactors per line. Make sure to add "00 20 00 20 00" after the text you entered in each line to close out the english from french. I'm not sure how many charactors per line max you can have but, I have 44 charactors on 1 line.

Hope this helps out some.

My Disclaimer... I later edited it and took out the word "communications" since I thought it was too repetitive.

Name:  Honda_Disclaimer.jpg
Views: 734
Size:  19.2 KB

Since a few of my buddies and I started a Halo_PC Clan (http://itgclan.com), I got in game using a fly cam and took a pic of myself.

Name:  DSC03594.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  26.7 KB
Old 03-02-2008, 07:32 PM
10th Gear

What the heck!? I can't edit or delete old posts?? Mod please remove this post along w/ my previous post that has only the replaced boot pic.

Thanks in Advance!
Old 03-02-2008, 07:57 PM
2K8 CBP TL-S 6MT

Originally Posted by MysticElf
What the heck!? I can't edit or delete old posts?? Mod please remove this post along w/ my previous post that has only the replaced boot pic.

Thanks in Advance!
yeah you can only edit like 5 mins after you post something
Old 03-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Morbid

Originally Posted by P.R.E.A.M.
it's from an anime called hellsing character is a Vamipre called Arucard
Figures, I know I've caught in passing while flipping channels.

Thanks for the info MysticElf, I'm already in a clan (www.f-s-f.org)..I mostly play JointOps & CS:S. Anyway, Should I come up with some snanzy words for the TL I'll post.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:36 AM
Acura Newbie

ncinirator - look back a few pages. The ONLY thing that can be done with 4.xx is changing the load BMP. Nothing else at this time. No trip computer, no disclaimer text changing, no OK button removal.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Morbid

Yeah, thanks. Some posts say it 'should work' on the 4.xx, but I havent seen anyone trying or doing it. I'm not savy enought to try.

Guess it's just a waiting game until one of us with the time, knowledge and equipment can do it.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:56 PM
10th Gear

Editing the disclaimer is easy... you just need to look around in the files to find where the original text resides. The white DVD may be different but the procedure for editing the disclaimer should be the same. 1st place to look for the text should be navi.exe... if it's not in there check the other files. The chances of someone coming out w/ a patch for the disclaimer are slim. It's easy.... just look around and try editing it.

I'd be happy to take a look at the exe if ya want.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:34 AM
Cruisin'

Editing the disclaimer is easy... you just need to look around in the files to find where the original text resides. The white DVD may be different but the procedure for editing the disclaimer should be the same. 1st place to look for the text should be navi.exe... if it's not in there check the other files. The chances of someone coming out w/ a patch for the disclaimer are slim. It's easy.... just look around and try editing it.

I'd be happy to take a look at the exe if ya want.
On the white DVD (4.62) it is in the HMIManager.dll file. Modifying it does no good because when you re-create the .bin it creates a different CRC and it fails upon load. It looks like they added extra security in these newer versions. I've heard of someone who has recently been able to change some text but I'm not sure exactly how they pulled it off. Either way.. that's just changing some text - bypassing the OK button is a totally different matter. Still a long way to go.. but it's being worked on.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by General Zod
On the white DVD (4.62) it is in the HMIManager.dll file. Modifying it does no good because when you re-create the .bin it creates a different CRC and it fails upon load. It looks like they added extra security in these newer versions. I've heard of someone who has recently been able to change some text but I'm not sure exactly how they pulled it off. Either way.. that's just changing some text - bypassing the OK button is a totally different matter. Still a long way to go.. but it's being worked on.

I was having the same problem, I got to edit the text, but could not rebuild HMImanager. would get an error every time. I just gave up on it and now I can't even change my moddified splash screen. nothing works anymore.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by redburgundy
I slightly messed up the nav system on my Honda Accord by putting the DVD from a newer Acura into the DVD player. It uploaded new software. Then when I put the original DVD back in, I had to upload the software from the original DVD. Now when I start the car I get this screen:

When I press Map-Menu-Cancel this screen comes up:

Then when I press Return the regular nag screen comes up:

Any advice on how to get it back to just the nag screen?
I have the same problem...I've just tried to install update 4.62 on my MDX and when I switch the vehicle on, up pops the diagnostic screen. I have to press 3 buttons to reset an then press return on the version screen, the nag screen returns and viola I can press OK for NAV.

What a pain in the Plus now my go home directions is now on the opposite side of the street

Please help for a solution.... I even tried to re-install the original DVD and the same thing happens.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:48 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by General Zod

Hmm... well... were you ever able to edit the text keeping the file the same size? if not... see if spacing thru the french text helps minimize the file size. If you cant quite get it... PM me and I'll see if i can get it to the right size. Then we can see if its a CRC prob for sure.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just bought an 08 Pilot (to go with our 06 TL) which has the same nav as the 07+ TL's, but lacks a few of its features, namely nav traffic and spoken street names. It would be great if some of this could be enabled via a hack. Seems like spoken street names is totally possible, because when I say "display current location", it does speak the street names in a very clear voice (much clearer than my 06 TL does). So I'm pretty sure Honda just toggled off spoken street names in this model, another one of those "product differentiation" moves to sell more MDX's.

As for nav traffic, enabling that through a simple hack is probably a pipe dream. In that case I bet the XM receiver in my Pilot is lacking something in hardware for that.

My Pilot also lacks hands-free bluetooth but I don't think for a second that the necessary hardware is there for that. I'm going to get an audio shop to install something aftermarket for that feature.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:24 PM
2K8 CBP TL-S 6MT

Originally Posted by redman042
As for nav traffic, enabling that through a simple hack is probably a pipe dream. In that case I bet the XM receiver in my Pilot is lacking something in hardware for that.
also need to pay for XM nav traffic too
Old 03-04-2008, 06:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fulani has a TL
Pull the fuse
What fuse???
Old 03-04-2008, 07:10 PM
Acura Newbie

Hmm... well... were you ever able to edit the text keeping the file the same size? if not... see if spacing thru the french text helps minimize the file size. If you cant quite get it... PM me and I'll see if i can get it to the right size. Then we can see if its a CRC prob for sure.
I've tried doing this several times, but each time the car chokes when trying to load the new code. Someone in the TSX forum was able to get the word "This" shifted around, but not sure how he did it and he's no where to be found these days.

My guess is that any decent hacks will require a mod chip to bypass any file level checks and allow for the OK to be removed and Trip Computers, etc. to be added. Oh well. Its not the end of the world.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:08 PM
3rd Gear

Hi Guys,

The NaviOK401a.com - AD's OK button patch for Navi 3.50 link no longer works. I have Ver 3.50 and I'm trying to add the OK button patch. Is there another link I should use?

Thanks
Old 03-10-2008, 02:07 AM
Cruisin'

if anyone out here is good with this help me out with my 07. i have a mac so i cant use exe. the new civic is the same hack if anyone can give it a try let me know ill try and send my files from my disc.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Aquarian 2006 TL 6M

Originally Posted by Hotboyzz69
Hi Guys,

The NaviOK401a.com - AD's OK button patch for Navi 3.50 link no longer works. I have Ver 3.50 and I'm trying to add the OK button patch. Is there another link I should use?

Thanks
just do a quick search for the source code from anubar (i think that's his handle). only problem is that you'll have to download a hex editor and replace all the french text to spaces for it to work before replacing it back into the bin file.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:04 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
NOob question I know, but if i have an 04 TL and get the latest nav update (havent updated yet), will the GUI be the exact same, and i just get updated information? Not sure if the updates have just been solely map data, or interface as well?
Old 03-17-2008, 12:04 AM
10th Gear

Smile

---------------------------------=»> TRIP COMPUTER UPDATE <«----------------------------------
-----------=»> Acura Folk Pls Read, Your Honda Buddys Can Help Ya Out!<«--------------

After validating my Honda 3.70 DVD with another member's Acura 3.70 DVD...

We found out that even though both DVDs are the same version the HMImanager.exe is different and once the Honda 3.70 version is loaded on the Acura GPS the Trip Computer is enabled. Please note that the Color Scheme will also change.

However if you take the Honda 3.70 navi.exe and load it on the Acura GPS your map will NOT draw the streets or graphics.

Looking to get this enabled... PM me or get a hold of a friend that owns a Honda and get him to order the new DVD for his car.

Enjoy
Old 03-17-2008, 11:43 AM
3G TL

is there a working link to the trip computer hack for v3.50? AD seems to be invalid and i'm not sure if the v3.40 will work for v3.50. WIll it?
Old 03-17-2008, 03:50 PM
3G TL

okay, i did the welcome screen mod as well as Angry Dad's trip/ac mod. However, I'm not sure if i did the Ok bypass mod correctly. I followed the instructions, received no error messages and proceeded to load the mod into car. Instead of the Okay button and warning message, i just get a black screen w/ a GO button instead. Is this what the mod is suppose to do? i'm under the assumption the mod would not require any input from user to enter Navigation?
Old 03-17-2008, 05:33 PM
3G TL

I can't seem to update the navi.exe file for some reason. I keep getting an error crc message. any help?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:12 PM
3G TL

nevermind, got all 3 mods to work
Old 03-18-2008, 09:21 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by TLS101
I have the same problem...I've just tried to install update 4.62 on my MDX and when I switch the vehicle on, up pops the diagnostic screen. I have to press 3 buttons to reset an then press return on the version screen, the nag screen returns and viola I can press OK for NAV.

Please help for a solution.... I even tried to re-install the original DVD and the same thing happens.
I bought the new 4.62 DVD and the diagnostic screen startup remained.
So I went back to the dealer and they fixed it.
The technician said he pressed the Voice Recognition button.
I dunno, I don't understand what that would have done, and neither did the service manager.
But it now starts with the nag screen
Good luck.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:33 AM
10th Gear

Another success story of 3.40 install. Awesome writeup makes for easy mod. Thanks for everyone's input.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:50 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by redburgundy
I bought the new 4.62 DVD and the diagnostic screen startup remained.
So I went back to the dealer and they fixed it.
The technician said he pressed the Voice Recognition button.
I dunno, I don't understand what that would have done, and neither did the service manager.
But it now starts with the nag screen
Good luck.
So am I understanding you correctly?...You have an updated v4.62 nav DVD and don't have to press OK to get to the nav screen?
Old 03-21-2008, 01:05 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by mavz44
So am I understanding you correctly?...You have an updated v4.62 nav DVD and don't have to press OK to get to the nav screen?
Nope.
You have to go back in this thread to see the problem that I had.

Instead of the NAG screen coming up at startup, a diagnostic screen came up.
Now the NAG screen comes up at startup.
Old 03-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Cruisin'

the AD OK Nag removing file for 3.5 URL is no longer valid. does anyone have a copy somewhere?
Old 03-29-2008, 10:21 AM
3G TL

google search Angry dad ok nag removal. it should be the first link avail
Old 03-30-2008, 05:29 PM
08 TL-S Kinetic Blue

Can I hack my new 08 TL-S with the new 4.62 cd?
Old 03-30-2008, 09:22 PM
Herro

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm having problems with the navi hack. I have the 3.30F version with Loading Bin: BN2HH12C on my 04 TL. I don't have the two bin files listed on the first page and I'm not sure if with my version navi if I can use the tools also listed on the first page.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Herro

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
disregard that post....I'm continuing on researching....
Old 04-02-2008, 07:43 PM
Racer

another happy Nav Hacker! Thanks guys
all 3 work.

1st thing don't use the graphical version of dumpnavi..it screwed things up.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by joeybabyluvsu
Can I hack my new 08 TL-S with the new 4.62 cd?
My understanding is that it's a lot harder than the 3.xx versions because of more file validation by the nav unit. Search the forum and you may find more info. If there is a way, I'd be interested in knowing. I have the 3.xx nav in my 06 TL, but the 4.xx nav in our new 2008 Honda Pilot, and it would be great to do some hacks on that and perhaps enable a few features that are turned off on the Pilot (ie. spoken street names), such as was done by some folks who enabled the Honda Accord trip computer on the TL.
Old 04-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 72 Posts
I have an '06 TL (i believe version 3.6) and all I want is to have the trip computer. I don't really want to delete the OK button or change the wallpaper, but I am still so lost. I read every single post since yesterday and I don't even know where to start. It seems as if these instrcutions are not set to have just the trip screen displayed. I don't want to modify anything else except that. And I don't want to screw anything up. Any help please?
Old 04-17-2008, 04:30 PM
ROFLCOPTER!

I have navi 3.7 dvd. Should I use Kennyc or AD's prog???

Quick Reply: Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal