Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 09:36 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 TL navi welcome screen mod

The first time I tried this mod it worked without any issues but when I tried changing the welcome screen again to another bmp, I ran into some problems. I'm still trying to figure it out but this is what I noticed so far.

1. I think if your bmp is too small, 8to16 program will not convert and it will come up with an error. The image will not show up when you drop it into Explorer. I was having problems getting the new bmp to convert to 16 bit, so I messed around by changing the actual file sizes. I finally got it to convert when the file was larger. You can check to see the actual size of your bmp by dropping it into the navhacker folder and use the "dir" command in the cmd prompt to see the file size. The file that worked the first time was 480 x 234 (256 color) and the actual size was 113,400 bytes. The new bmp I tried is 113,876 bytes which converted okay but I got a black screen when I loaded it in the TL.

2. I think the black screen is due to the fact that the bmp is to large when it is converted to 16 bit. I really don't know what the actual size of the original welcome screen is because it's a 16 bit bmp. I would try to keep the size around 113,400 bytes because that was the size of the bmp that worked before.

I'm new to all this so I'm probably wrong but if anyone can shed any light on this, please do so.

I'll try messing with it some more and post any new findings!
Old 03-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Cruisin'

3.6 OK and trip computer hack available yet?

let me know if this is available. I updated to 3.6 and file sizes don't match. I can do the splash screen. but not the OK or trip mods
thanks

davep@texas.net

Originally Posted by Chase265
if anyone has the the ok hack and the trip computer hack for version 3.6 I would greatly appreciate it...I've tried to do the hack myself to no avail...

chase265@gmail.com

the bin thats loading for me is BNHH401A.BIN

thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Have you seen this thread: NAVI HACK - finally got 3.6 to work

There are a few links to it in the first post.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:20 AM
Cruisin'

no nag works with some liberties

I downloaded the files of the completed modified BNHH401A.BIN file with NO-NAG installed.
My TL uses BN2HH12C as the 'ROM Boot" file. The 401 files when extracted with dumpnavi seem to be the same. So I copied the NAVI.EXE from the 401 to the 12C bin, and updated. Now when i look at the version it looks like the 401 file is calling the 12C file to boot. but it seems to work. I was able to update Back.bmp to that BIN file. My system now boots with my Back.bmp and the angrydad "navigation loading ad" screen with no nag. Thanks AD.

For fun I extracted a few of the other BIN files, the ones I extracted seemed to be the same files with different BIN names. hence the idea to 'cross-pollinate" from 401 to 12c. does anyone know the specifics on why these seemingly identical files appear to be clones. For example, is the 12c used for TL and the 401 for TSX and the 12A maybe used for MDX.

So, my question is: How specific are the BIN files that are used for the ROM boot? Since I have blended the navi exe from one to the other will I rot in code warrior hell for several parsecs?
Will I be able to time travel if I get the flux capacitor installed, once I set the cruise control for 88 mph?

process seems to work well if you follow it step by step.

Thanks again angrydad, nice work.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Instructor

Well, I wrote down the steps to get to the "loading file XXX.bin" but I don't see it. I held the button down for 5 seconds and selected version but can not see the loading file ... even though I went through all 3 pages. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 03-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Cruisin'

load disk

....... version

LOAD DISK

"...... do not turn engine off......."

partial boot

switch out modified disk, put in official NAV disk
it should complete the boot
if not
key off
key on
let it reboot on it's own
Old 03-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Safety Car

redchief, I know that the Accord and TL uses the same disk (I think the TSX and MDX use the 4.X navi version). There is a thread explaining all of this somewhere. The Accord and TL have similar features thus the similar bin files.

donc, what year car/version of nav dvd do you have?
Old 03-29-2007, 12:38 PM
Athena says 'hi'

It works for the 2007 TL. I just did it in mine - if anyone wants a CD, let me know, and I'll make it. Also, it works with a CD, if you don't want to spend the extra $.30 on a DVD.

P
Old 03-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by redchief
let me know if this is available. I updated to 3.6 and file sizes don't match. I can do the splash screen. but not the OK or trip mods
thanks

davep@texas.net
heres the modified bin file with the wallpaper and ok button hack for disc 3.6.
with loading file BNHH401A.BIN
using this wallpaper
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5604/coolblue1ga.png

http://www.savefile.com/files/525145

burn it w/ BN2HHMLD.BIN and you're set
Old 03-29-2007, 01:03 PM
Athena says 'hi'

Originally Posted by BBoz
Good News 2007 TL Owners

Got info on how to hack the Startup Screen for 2007 TL's. Worked on mine w/White Disk v4.55.

It's basically the same as a hack for the 2006 Civic. Guy named Guicide has some instructions online here: http://www.guicide.com/cars/2006civic/nav/hacks/ . Instead of using his 06AVN2.bin file, you use the 07Touch2.bin file from the TL v4.55 DVD. All the other instructions are pretty much the same. (They are very detailed, so even a computer novice should be able to follow without a problem.)

Pay special attention to the file size. Has to be 480 by 234 pixels and 256 colors BMP and you need to use his 8to16 program on it. Some of the Graphics in the TL thread are a different size. (off by a few pixels). I used the Lo/Jack graphic, increased the size using Paint and saved it and used it, no problem.

You do have to use a DVD (dual layer) to burn it correctly (UDF). I used DVD-R, not sure if an RW will work (do they even make Dual Layer RW disks?). Heard reports no for the 06, but haven't tested it on the 07 yet.

The Load instructions are off by just a little. You shouldn't get the "error" screen that he got for the Civic, but the rest of the procedures are the same to bring up the diagnostics menu and download the new DVD info. Once you boot and hit ok, do the keypresses and download like he shows.

Now... Working on the OK screen text and elimination of the OK button are our next challenges.

Any news on the OK screen as of yet?
Old 03-29-2007, 01:31 PM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by pravin.george
It works for the 2007 TL. I just did it in mine - if anyone wants a CD, let me know, and I'll make it. Also, it works with a CD, if you don't want to spend the extra $.30 on a DVD.

P
2007 TL running what version? Does it get rid of the nag (and OK), or just change the background?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:28 PM
Instructor

As I see this we need a dual layer DVD burner along with dual layer DVDs to burn onto. That's $65 for the burner and about $4 for the DVD. Anyone have the tools to burn me a DVD that will work. I'll pay the postage and for the DVD. I have an o7 using the v4.55 white disk.
Thanks.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by donc
As I see this we need a dual layer DVD burner along with dual layer DVDs to burn onto. That's $65 for the burner and about $4 for the DVD. Anyone have the tools to burn me a DVD that will work. I'll pay the postage and for the DVD. I have an o7 using the v4.55 white disk.
Thanks.
And if someone is up for it, I'll pay for the postage, DVD, AND your valuable time...
Old 03-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Instructor

donc, what year car/version of nav dvd do you have?

DATMRMAN - I have an 07 with the 4.55 "white disk" version
Old 03-30-2007, 04:22 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
Thanks.

You also need the software to burn the DVD, i have an 06, but yah, software to burn in a specific manner. The name of the software is located somewhere in this thread

GL and HF.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Is there any type of summary to this? There are 409 posts on this sticky. I have 4.55 and I am getting tired of looking through all of this.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:59 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by jobondur
I figured out how to do the splash screen, OK button, and the trip computer/AC controls hack for version 3.30G (with some help from one of my IT friends). If somebody wants it and can tell me an easy way to get it to them I'll try to do it. The only problem is the bin file is about 9.5 MB fully zipped so I may not be able to email it (but will try). The only thing you'll need to do is pick out your own splash screen and change that yourself (very easy to do, just use the DumpNAVI - graphical program listed in the first post and make sure your image fits the criteria). Don't ask me to PM you because I don't have that option activated yet (newbie to this forum). Hope this helps you guys out. Thanks to the people in this thread for providing this info, I didn't even know you could do this until I stumbled across the thread.

Also - me giving out a copy of my .bin file is no big deal right? The .bin file isn't somehow linked to my specific disk is it??
Did you do anything special to get 3.30G working?
Old 04-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Safety Car

Am I missing something here? Can you not perform this hack with a CD (as opposed to DVD) on the 4.X navi version? On the 3.X version you can. You can go as far as using a CDRW with the 3.X version.

Originally Posted by luscioman
Is there any type of summary to this? There are 409 posts on this sticky. I have 4.55 and I am getting tired of looking through all of this.
Did you even spend time reading post #1?

At the bottom of it, '07 TL Instructions on Post #250
Old 04-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
I do appreciate the sticky and I did read the 255 post. Then i read some posts like post #388 and wasnt sure if it was working. Maybe we can just get some of this cleaned up. Imagine a newbie like me would read post #1 then have to go all the way to #255 to get information for the 07. I tried it and had some problems but I will try it again.
Old 04-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Instructor

Help!

I tried reverting my Angry Dad Mod with splash screen back to the stock condition on my 2006 TL.

I took the original disc that came with the car out of the navi unit and loaded it back in, but when the navi reloaded, it reverted the navi to the Honda Accord version.

My audio button doesn't work, and my menu screens are all different.

Can anyone please provide a fix for this?

Thanks so much!
Old 04-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Instructor

No posts in almost 3 days - everyone is happy?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:27 AM
Racer

No posts in almost 3 days - everyone is happy?
I'm not. I'm afraid I gave up. I have Version 3.5. I'm having a problem on mine where it will do the TC and splach screen hack but not the OK button.

I tried to start from scratch and created a CD with ONLY the OK hack on it. I reloaded the original DVD files back into the car to return to factory settings. I verified the TC and A/C controls were no longer on the info menu. Then I reloaded the files from the CD- again with ONLY the OK hack. The OK hack does not work and the TC and A/C controls are magically back!

It's somehow keeping files in memory even though it's apparently loading them from the disc. And it seems to be only certain files.

I've edited the nag text in navi.exe to see if it ever shows up on the screen and it never has. Navi.exe is not being loaded for some reason.

Anyone have thoughts on what I can do?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:35 PM
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
having trouble

after u click on the dumpnavi from the first post, which dumpnavi link do you download? having trouble getting dumpnavi.exe into same file as wallpaper, and bin file. thanks
Old 04-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
scratch that...figured it out...pretty nice...only i can't choose modes in ac controls...but fan speed and ac on/off works....thanks for the walkthroughs!
Old 04-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Intermediate

Cool

OK I am no dummy

I can not seem to get the freakin OK button hack or the Screen to work

I followed the steps over and over again

I have wasted countless hours (3 )

Im in South Florida somebody HELP!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:04 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Chase265
heres the modified bin file with the wallpaper and ok button hack for disc 3.6.
with loading file BNHH401A.BIN
using this wallpaper
http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/5604/coolblue1ga.png

http://www.savefile.com/files/525145
Any chance of seeing this with a TC hack?

To be honest, I'm more interested in the TC hack than the wallpaper or the nag removal.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:26 PM
71Q

Ok, i have ver. 3.40 and I have been at it this whole weekend, i am getting fairly frustrated with the whole hack, because i have yet to see anything work properly for me. Im not sure what im doing wrong, but i keep trying. If anyone has any pointers, please let me know!

thanks in advance
Mark
Old 04-25-2007, 12:20 PM
2nd Gear

i have 3.3f i need to update. does nyone knoe where we can find the newer dvd roms ( torrent ,iso, rar. etc). ill even settle for rapidshare. but i really need to update there is a lot of stuff by me thats not on the disk. if they have any hacked files that would be amazing.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:19 PM
2nd Gear

please... if anyone has 3.50 or 3.60 please pm me and i will buy a copy from you
Old 04-26-2007, 01:03 AM
2nd Gear

Cool

Ok, so I just got my Acura TSX 06 (Yes, I realize this is the TL section of the site - but most of the hundreds of pages eventually lead to the end of the line here) about a month ago and I've read over literally hundreds of pages until I finally began to work with my navigation. Today, I copied my brothers v4.55A (White CD) just to have the latest disc version (Also because we just moved and my new house address wasn't on my navigation yet because it's a fairly new home - Copying the disc was quite easy by the way for any of those who have been having difficulty - just make a disc image (*.iso - I used Magic ISO) and then burn with nero's latest version). Long story short, I, until today, had the White Navigation CD v4.31C. I had fooled around and put my brothers disc in once before and it updated my maps, but it didn't update the navigation splash screen. I thought it quite odd but I really hadn't read much about it at that point. Anyway, even after today, updating to the new version disc, then editing everything for a new splash screen (And yes, I'm 100% sure I did everything correctly because I used to do a minimal amount of cracking back in the day and I still do quite a bit of programming), the old splash screen was still there. I tried reverting back to my old (which was a success) version and then just editing from that CD, easy enough, but again, the damn splash screen stays the same. Does anyone have any suggestions???
Old 04-26-2007, 01:10 AM
2nd Gear

Oh, and another little side note that I meant to add was that for those still looking for the no-nag hack (such as myself) - I'm not sure if it's been mentioned because I hadn't seen it anywhere but after messing around for about 2 hours today with all the editing, I eventually extracted all the files off of the v4.31C and the v4.55A CD's and neither one have the Navi.exe file anymore so even if you wanted to go by the hint that's givin to search where to crack inside the navi.exe file, there's no point. I've been searching the other files for possible hacks but I've got a lot to do for the next few hours so I'd better get to doing it instead. I'll check back periodically and hopefully someone will come up with something soon if everyone puts their head back together; it seemed like everyone got fairly close (and I'm suprised that with Byrin's hint, noone cracked it - I would have at least attempted but I don't have that version or even anything close to it) at one time....
Old 04-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
07 Tl-s

I also too am trying to fix the Nag screen on my white 4.55 version CD...if anyone has successfully achieved this, please advise...I did get the start screen changed, it was tricky but figured it out...if anyone needs help let me know...
Old 04-26-2007, 02:45 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by digitalentity
please... if anyone has 3.50 or 3.60 please pm me and i will buy a copy from you
I am also looking for the 3.5 or 3.6 full DVD, ISO, Torrent whatever..... please sned a private email ktl@winematurity.com
Old 04-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Safety Car

This thread is intended to allow members to modify their own personal navigation systems.

Any post that is legally questionable will not be tolerated and will be removed.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:44 PM
4th Gear

Rookie, I've tried changing the startup screen in my '07 TL type S with no success, Could you help me out please?

Thanks!

Paul
Old 04-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Cruisin'

Welcome Screen

Go to this thread...and try to follow the directions...https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=250
The hardest problem that I had was getting the bmp to convert to size. You have to follow the directions using the command prompt in windows. Take an image in Photoshop and paste it into Windows Paint and then save it as a 256 bmp. Then use the 8to16.exe to convert it to 16bit...then follow the rest of the directions. It took me awhile but the directions are correct if you follow them directly. Good luck bruh!!
Old 04-29-2007, 05:53 PM
4th Gear

OK, thanks. That's what I was using, but it wasn't working for me for so me reason. The disks would not be recognized. I guess I'll try again. Did you use dual layer DVD's or just a CD-R?
Old 05-01-2007, 04:56 PM
∇×E = -∂B/∂t

ok I have a 04 TL using the 3.30G version, Im trying to the kennyc's trip computer, AD's navi.exe, and change the splash screen...Im doing all this on CEBin 0.5...however i keep getting a warning saying "warning: some records have been resized. Address will be recalculated" . Is this normal....if not, can anybody help me out?....thanks
Old 05-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Athena says 'hi'

Just so you all know, you DON'T need a DUAL LAYER to burn the hack. CD-R will work just fine. I have a 2007 TL-S with White 4.55 Disc.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:43 AM
2005 Acura TL w/ Navi

can someone help me out..i kno i prob shud have read all 38974 pages on this but i got the wallpaper to work perfect..for somereason tho after the wallpaper goes away..a good 3-4 seconds go by with a blank black screen and then a "GO" button appears in place of where it used to say "OK"..anyway to get rid of it and go straight to the navi..

Quick Reply: Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal