Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 03:08 AM
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have just installed all the hacks for my `05 TL and everything worked out great. My thanks and respects to AD and Kennyc all everybody else who posted info on how to get this things done.
However, i have a little dilemma: is it possible to make the welcome screen stay on the screen longer so you can actually use it as a wallpaper when you don`t use the navi ? I tried to read all the threads related to this and couldn`t find an answer.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:27 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyDee
Oh man... I feel sorry for you.

Get ready to have people absolutely maul you for asking the same question that has been posted on almost every single page of this forum.

I'll be gentle, and clarify it for 1001st time;
No... no... no... for all the love in the world... no.
There is no hack to remove the OK button on your disk.

Thanks for being so gentle! :-)
Old 09-20-2008, 11:02 AM
9th Gear

Ok the 2009 Acura TL is coming out withe new software for the navi system. Essentially its the same hardware as the 08 TL right? Now if I were to use the software for the new TL on my 2008 TLS will it work?
Old 09-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Instructor

I wouldnt bet on it..
Old 10-02-2008, 05:13 PM
1st Gear

factory navigation dvd help

what do i need to do in order to watch dvd on a 04 Tl with factory navigation system... its says dvd right on it, it just wont play them
Old 10-05-2008, 12:35 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by StealthC1
Ok the 2009 Acura TL is coming out withe new software for the navi system. Essentially its the same hardware as the 08 TL right? Now if I were to use the software for the new TL on my 2008 TLS will it work?
Probably not. The 2009 TL does not have a touchscreen nav, so the software will be different and likely won't work in the 2008.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by AtlantaTLS
Probably not. The 2009 TL does not have a touchscreen nav, so the software will be different and likely won't work in the 2008.
incorrect, the 4.xxx disks have different files for different disks. I can take the disk out of an 08 tl and stick it in an MDX or RL with the dial interface. I think the new TL uses a 4.xx disk, i'll check at the dealership monday or tuesday.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
Originally Posted by dclay1
what do i need to do in order to watch dvd on a 04 Tl with factory navigation system... its says dvd right on it, it just wont play them
Pleas check the audio FAQ, 3G garage or use the search function:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...34&postcount=4
Old 10-07-2008, 09:12 PM
05 TL, AT, Blk/Blk

Just got my 05 TL last week and the okay button on the navi has been my only complaint. Thanks for all the hard work! I'm new to AZ and I have to say that I'm lovin' it!
Old 10-11-2008, 11:06 AM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Ralonzo
Hey, sweet I can only edit the post for 5 minutes. So here's the fine-tuned post, feel free to delete the above.

My own experience with 4.63 White Disc Navi in an Acura RDX, and how to make it work both for basic screen and backup. Everything is as instructed above for 4.xx White Disc applications, except what I noted here:

1) Pop the Navi disc out of your car, there's a little furry panel on the passenger side of the center hump you need to pop off. Then a button on the top right you need to mash to make the 'door' fold down. Then an eject button. I did this with ACC on. Now you have the White Disc in your hand.

2) Go to your computer. Backup your entire original 4.xx as an .ISO file as directed in previous posts.

3) Mount the ISO image with something like Daemon Tools and just copy the whole schmear to your hard drive, or do it from your DVD.

4) Prepare your new bmp as directed above. On 4.63 I needed to run bysin to update 3 files instead of just 1: 08Jog2.bin, 08Touch2.bin, 085Touch2.bin

5) I used a DVD+RW to burn the everything else that was on the disc EXCEPT the really big data files: DCA0.*, U0001_02.BAS, and U0130_02.ROA. Might try without VRDB.BIN next time and REPLACING the 3 modified files. Burning ISO format in Nero is just fine. This is a 'boot screen' disc. CD's & CD-RW's did not work for me at all.

6) Burn the entire ORIGINAL ISO with Nero by using File/Open/etc and referencing the ISO file, onto a Double Layer DVD in order to make a backup. I used my cheap-ass Samsung burner at 2.4X and a cheap-ass Office Depot disc, they're $20 for a cake of 25 discs this week.

7) Insert the DVD-RW 'boot screen disc' into the car DVD player with ACC on as the guide states. Use the Menu\Guide\Cancel to access the service menu and start the load as described above. Wait through the "Do not shut the engine off" stuff, at which point it'll gripe about the door being open.

8) Pop the 'boot screen' disc out and insert the double layer backup you made and shut the door.

9) Voila, watch your new boot screen and put your original in a safe place as the backup will do the work from here on out.

I'm sure the new bmp's can be slipstreamed onto a single backup Double Layer disc, but using the RW is a less coaster-intensive strategy than trying new junk on non-RW Double Layer discs, so I might experiment once I text-edit and get a nag-removal and everything else i want, but until then I'm happy with this process.

Does anyone have a backup 4.62, 4.63 or 4.64 disk they'd like to share?
Old 10-14-2008, 05:13 AM
5th Gear

I know that you are a TL owner kennyc. Do you know a similar hack or if this one will work on a '04 RL?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by dclay1
Our system will only play DVD-A (audio) not video, unless it's modded for video.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:11 PM
spaz

sorry for not reading through all 3 threads and 70 odd pages of posts but is the 2nd gen navi hackable as well?

thanks.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:06 PM
~radiowave~

Originally Posted by kennyc
BNHH401A.BIN
BN2HHMLD.BIN
I haven't this files on my dvd...

Originally Posted by version.txt on DVD
Application H07BBOX_EU SEAX Ver.1.39.00 (Update)

GriffonOff

IPL 0.312.000
APL 0.310.132
DBOOT 0.310.132
Old 10-21-2008, 01:53 PM
~radiowave~

Bysin DumpNavi works only with two bin files what I have on my dvd:
SEAX2.bin
SJAZe2.bin
but it within Back.bmp
Old 10-21-2008, 10:41 PM
Morbid

Originally Posted by AtlantaTLS
09 has no touch screen?
Old 10-21-2008, 11:31 PM
~radiowave~

yeah, it hasn't...
Old 10-26-2008, 10:00 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TeknoKing
hmmm....I'm also unsubscribing...

Same freaken questions every two posts.... no one bothers to read the thread.

if you have a 07-08, the answer is NO...to any question you may have. NO, not yet.
I have to admit, the size of this thread is just a little daunting for owners of the newer models to go plowing through to find an answer to what otherwise is a simple question. Perhaps it's time to split the thread and make a separate thread for the '07 and '08 (and '09) none of which appear to have been successfully cracked yet for the OK nag.

Do we even have enough of it (07/08) disassembled to know what language it's written in?
Old 11-01-2008, 07:05 AM
10th Gear

Thanks for the great directions. Finally had the courage to do this last night around and it was a lot easier then I expected.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:08 PM
1st Gear

Military stationed in Europe. Is there a hack to update/load europe road info onto a 2005 TL?

Thanks
Old 11-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Love My Ride!!!

Received 23 Likes on 1 Post
Please help....

I'm in the process of fixing the Nav on my 04 TL with ver.3.71 software. I've read through all posts and I've managed to update both bins - BNHH401A.BIN & BN2HHMLD.bin with the OK nag and TRIP/AC modifications/hacks. I've copied the two files to a CD-R and am not able to load them into the nav system. Following instructions, I insert the burnt CD into the drive and do the three finger trick and press version and then load disk button - message states loading software and imediately states check disk? Wt???? Dont know what to do next!
Regards
H.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:03 PM
3rd Gear

Navi hack for booting from flash drive??
Does anybody have the technical knowledge to hack the navi system to use a flash drive instead of the DVD? Flash memory are so cheap now. I can get a 8GB CF for $20 and IDE or PCMCIA adapter to the navi unit for about $10. All navi operation is read so we don't have to worry about lifespan of the flash drive. It would be so much faster than the DVD for boot up and searching. I have the old HDD based navi on TL that use flash drive now and it works great. Now I have a 05 odyssey that use the same navi unit as the MDX. It has a PC Card slot (PCMCIA) that would accept a 8GB FAT32 CF to load software on it. Basically, I copied the entire DVD into it and the navi unit knows how to use it for software update. However, it would not boot to that for the map database. I guess because the software mounted the DVD as the root fs. I look in MSDN and it seems that a registry setting tell the WinCE os to mount a storage provider as a root and boot file system. I think if we can extract the registry hive and edit it we can make it boot to a flash drive.

This is kinda making a custom ROM for your navi. Sort of like a custom rom for Windows Mobile phone (if you have one, check out ppcgeeks.com). Both devices are using a version of WinCE-based OS. Eventually, I hope we'd be able to hack it to a point to run any custom application (i.e. mp3, mp4 player, etc)
Old 11-25-2008, 05:11 PM
8th Gear

a little off the subject, does anyone know anything about the navi converter which allows you to play regular movie dvds on the factory navi?? seen it on ebay for $200, it just didnt have any info
Old 11-25-2008, 10:54 PM
1st Gear

Hacked link

It appears the AD Ok button link has been hacked. When I click on it I get the following message.

Hmm.......

It appears that you clicked the link on acurazine forums.

There is a number of respectable Honda/Acura forums out there, so why acura$ine? I do not say that acurazine id bad, it is actually good. Very good ... at siphoning money using you as a tool. Every time you read a message there, you're working for them by viewing ads (and sometimes clicking on them). Every time you post a message, you work even harder, because when other people read your message, every one is viewing ads, too. If that is not enough, try to sell something on the list without paying to acura$zine moderators. After receiving a couple of nastygrams from them you will find yourself in a read-only user bucket.

So, you might want to revise the list of your favorite message boards. I would recommend scratching out everything that begins with "acura" and ends with "zine". Thank you.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:12 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Originally Posted by EnduroXT
It appears the AD Ok button link has been hacked. When I click on it I get the following message.

Hmm.......

It appears that you clicked the link on acurazine forums.

There is a number of respectable Honda/Acura forums out there, so why acura$ine? I do not say that acurazine id bad, it is actually good. Very good ... at siphoning money using you as a tool. Every time you read a message there, you're working for them by viewing ads (and sometimes clicking on them). Every time you post a message, you work even harder, because when other people read your message, every one is viewing ads, too. If that is not enough, try to sell something on the list without paying to acura$zine moderators. After receiving a couple of nastygrams from them you will find yourself in a read-only user bucket.

So, you might want to revise the list of your favorite message boards. I would recommend scratching out everything that begins with "acura" and ends with "zine". Thank you.
Thats been up forever. :noobie:

Apparently AD was fishing for "donations" since he did so much work on the hack. That rubbed the site owners the wrong way, so AD took his ball and went home. That message (or some vesionof it) went up sometime after.

All before my time, so just rumor and hearsay from me.

You *can* find AD's new home with some searching - I don't remember where it is or how I ran across it; doesn't apply to my navi version.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:22 AM
6th Gear

AC ON/OFF On display

First of all i'll like to thank KennyC for his post... Did the 3 mods to nav on first try...
I use to have on top of display a small box that apperead everytime that AC went on and off and temperature changed..
Any idea on how can get that back?
Thanks to all...
Old 12-03-2008, 06:41 AM
6th Gear

Can't post

I"m Trying to see if anyone has a 3.60 orange disc for sale but i can't post..
Anyone can help....
Thanks
Old 12-04-2008, 11:13 AM
AZ Community Team

'07 (v4.55/4.56) Navi Splash Screen Hack Instructions

I believe this works for v4.6x as well.

For the MILLIONTH time:

There is NO OTHER HACK FOR THE '07/'08 NAVI - SPLASH SCREEN HACK ONLY

This will be a little long, so bear with me. BTW, I have an '07 ver 4.56, so my files are 07. If you do the same *except* pull your 08 files, you'll be fine.

I think I used a regular CD-R. Nothing fancy.

Here are the Instructions I used (compiled from Porkipine and others). Follow them *very* carefully:

This is for the v4.55A navigation disk. I assume you know some basics about using the command prompt. I can try to write a step by step version with pictures if someone really needs it.

What you will need:

V4.55A navi DVD

1 blank CD

Bysin (program from first post) http://guicide.com/cars/2006civic/nav/hacks/Bysin.zip

8to16 (program taken from http://www.guicide.com/cars/2006civic/nav/hacks/)

A 480x234 picture saved in 256 bmp

Go into your C: and create two folders:

ToBurn and NaviHack.

Search through your Navi DVD for the following files(make sure you are copying the one off of the DVD):

07Touch.bin

07Touch2.bin

A0000_00.MNG

DCA0.reg

PRG_INFO.MNG

UPDATE_APL

Copy it into the ToBurn folder.

Next also copy the “07Touch2.bin” file into the NaviHack folder.

From the Bysin program, copy "Bysin.exe" and "CECompressv4.dll" file both under "release" into the NaviHack folder.

Then go to the 8to16 program and copy the “8to16.exe" file into the NaviHack folder too.

Take the picture you want to use, rename it as “replace” (should already be in bmp format) and copy it into the NaviHack folder.

Go ahead and open your command prompt (Start -> run ->type “cmd”) and get into the NaviHack folder (typing “cd\NaviHack” should work).

Now type in these lines one by one. It should take maybe 1 minute between each command. Be patient.

-> 8to16 replace.bmp Opening1.bmp

-> bysin 07Touch2.bin update Opening1.bmp Opening1.bmp

Now to check if the image in the bin file is replaced, type the following:

-> bysin 07Touch2.bin extract Opening1.bmp

A folder named 07Touch2 inside the NaviHack folder should appear.

Drag the picture inside (should be named Opening1.bmp) the 07Touch2 folder into IE and it should be the picture you want to use.

If that’s right, copy the 07Touch2.bin file from NaviHack into the ToBurn folder to replace the old 07Touch2.bin file.

Now burn all the files (6 files total) onto a CD. Just a regular CD will work.

Now go ahead and follow the steps to load it onto your navi from the first post. Good luck. Let me know how it goes.

Working with the Image

I noticed most images in this thread have not followed this routine, thats why the ACURA logo, the actors faces and everything else will look distorted in the ACURA, mainly I guess because the pixels in the ACURA navi are not perfect squares. People start to look taller in the car than on the screen! The trick is to work on a 480x270 file and resize to 480x234 to put it in the BIN.

Please correct me if I am wrong anywhere! Thanks and good luck!

(By the way, I changed my screen yesterday and now the voice command does not work while I am on the BT phone talking.)

One more thing, do all your work, specially the resizing in the RGB format. Once your image is 100% ready, resized to 480x234, THEN index it to limited colors.

DONT index then resize.
Resize then index.

If you need to modify the image, open the 480x270 RGB files, and continue working. When done, resize, index and upload in the BIN.

This is a pic of my Navi Hack "To Burn" Folder. It has 1 EXTRA file, a copy of the Original Bin - you don't need that. I made a copy that I could rename just in case something went horribly wrong.

Name:  NaviHackfiles.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  53.5 KB

I ran the car when loading, just to make sure I did not run my battery down. It only takes about 5 minutes.

Just to double check, you can use this photo. I know it is perfect because it's the one I use. It's in post #146 of the Navi Hack Bitmap Thread

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j8...DType-S2-1.jpg

Double check that the file size is correct per the instructions (bitmap shows as 110kb, 113,398 bytes, 480 x 234 96dpi, bit depth = 8).
Old 12-28-2008, 08:54 PM
2nd Gear

Hey Everyone i have a Acura TL type S 2007 with a navi version 4.62 i want to know if anyone has a step by step process for changing the startup picture and also how to remove the OK Button. i am pretty pc savy and know about photo editing iso and bin compression and burning. Can anyone please help?
Old 12-28-2008, 09:18 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by gianc00
Hey Everyone i have a Acura TL type S 2007 with a navi version 4.62 i want to know if anyone has a step by step process for changing the startup picture and also how to remove the OK Button. i am pretty pc savy and know about photo editing iso and bin compression and burning. Can anyone please help?
DUDE!! Welcome, but come on man, read ONE post up.
Old 12-28-2008, 09:39 PM
New shoes on my

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
DUDE!! Welcome, but come on man, read ONE post up.
For real!

Bearcat, thanks for posting that up, as mentioned above, I didn't really want to go through pages and pages of posts to find a simple answer to my 07/08 Nav question.

So how come we can't do the nag screen hack? Is that something that we can never look forward to, or is it in the works?
Old 12-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
^ lol you guys beat me to it
Old 12-30-2008, 02:14 AM
3rd Gear

Hello guys.. New to the Forums loving it so far. I'm a Acura TL 06 owner and i want to put a background picture on my Navi at start up.. I tried everything that was posted by KennyC but everytime I take out the dvd in the back my navi restarts. So i tried to put in the burned CD and do the disc load then put my DVD navi back in (3.5 btw) it doesn't seem like it worked no picture just the original OK screen. If i can get any help with this by PM or replies on thread. Thanks in advanced.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:24 AM
3rd Gear

nvm

Hey nvm i figured it out. It's just it looks really bad on my navi screen. I've seen pictures you guys taken from your camera and it looks pretty decent. Mine just looks like crap. But i'll fiddle it a bit more and see what works best.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:35 PM
New shoes on my

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Alright everyone...need some help on the above instructions from Bearcat94. I'm doing this on the '08 nav disk. My issue is when I attempt to go into the command prompt and but in the command C:\NaviHack>8to16 replace.bmp Opening1.bmp

I get the following message kicked back:

?Surprise: Input file 'original1.bmp' is not exactly 113,398 bytes.
pallette starts at 00000036
data starts at 00000436
?Error 0 Reading data from 'replace.bmp'. Read111990 bytes.

The photo I'm using is the propper size, resolution, format, colors, etc....

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-08-2009, 10:03 AM
08' WDP Type S

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
what exactly does the trip computer hack do?
Old 01-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Banned

still nothing for an 08 s?
Old 01-14-2009, 08:31 AM
Advanced

Has anyone seen anything for the new 3.8 orange disc to be able to remove nag button. I can't get it to work.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:51 AM
1st Gear

I have an orange 3.80 disk and am having difficulty backing up this disk. I have tried it using imgburn, roxio, nero and dvd decrypter. I am setting the booktype to dvd-rom and have tried it with two samsung drives and one lite on drive. I have used both maxell\ritek as well as verbatim dvd+R DL disks. I have already gone through over ten disks and would appreciate any help anyone would have in how to back up this disk. I get a disk read error in my acura every time I have tried a copied disk.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Advanced

2006 RL - Nav Version 4.62

Okay, I understand that as of right now only the splash screen can be changed for my version (I've read that over and over again here). However, I have a hard time believing it is "impossible" to remove the nag screen. Seems instead that the way to do it just hasn't been found yet. I hope those with the knowledge and ability find the solution soon. In the meantime, is there anything I can do to help?

Quick Reply: Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal