Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:49 PM
The WDP Noob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Binx57
I choose not to make the background of Navi_Title and Acura-emblem transparent. I simply extracted (see the directions on my post for instructions) both files from 07Touch2.bin and never reloaded either file. So I never worried about making the background transparent. However if you choose to do so the resulting images must be the same size when you update 07Touch2.bin or your splash screen won't display properly. If you have PhotoShop - I use PS 7, you can use the Magic Wand tool to select the area you wish to be transparent. Once that is done you go to the Help menu and select Export Transparent Image. Follow the on screen directions. When you are done then you should open either file in PS you should see a houndstooth background around the title and the emblem. If not then they aren't transparent. It sometimes helps if you save the file as a gif to start with and then convert it to a .bmp file. As I noted if you wish to toss both files simply extract them and don't update the bin file with either file - You are good to go then.
I hope that helps.
I try loading just the OpeningBase.bmp back into the navi it has the emblem and title over it....how can i not have that...do i have to make it transparent is there a way to not show those at all?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Intermediate

Deleting Navi-Tile & Acura-emblem

Originally Posted by cKHyper
I try loading just the OpeningBase.bmp back into the navi it has the emblem and title over it....how can i not have that...do i have to make it transparent is there a way to not show those at all?
You must have a directory on your hard disk where you have Bysin as well as 07Touch2.bin and the other 5 files mentioned below.

1. The only file you are interested in (for purposes of the splash screen mod) is called 07Touch2.bin
2. Type: Bysin 07Touch2.bin extract OpeningBase.bmp (you will see extracting OpeningBase.bmp - let it finish)
3. Type: Bysin 07Touch2.bin extract Acura_emblem.bmp (you will see extracting Acura_emblem.bmp - let it finish)
4. Type: Bysin 07Touch2.bin extract Navi_Title.bmp (you will see extracting Navi_Title.bmp - let it finish)
The 07Touch2.bin file you just extracted the 3 files from is the one you want to use so remember where it is.
5. When you have your new OpeningBase.bmp graphic completed, make sure it meets the size requirements - and as a side note I found you can add a "Welcome and "John Doe" on the OpeningBase.bmp without changing the size - and you have your new OpeningBase.bmp file in the same directory (that should happen automatically since when you extract the 3 files they are put into a separate folder on your HD under the folder you are working in) as the 07Touch2.bin file you extracted the original OpeningBase.bmp file from - simply type:
6. Bysin 07Touch2.bin update OpeningBase.bmp ((you will see updating OpeningBase.bmp - let it finish)
7. Now copy
A0000_00.MNG
PRG_INFO.MNG
UPDATE_APL.exe
DCA0.REG
07Touch2.bin - this is your new 07Touch2.bin file - the one you updated with your new OpeningBase.bmp file.
07Touch.bin
Burn this to a CD-R/W or a CD-R or whatever you have. I used a CD-R/W and it loaded fine.
Follow the directions in my post (copied from others on this form) to upload this new CD of information to your Navi system. Because you did not update your 07Touch2.bin file with new versions of Navi-Tile & Acura_emblem they should not be in your new 07Touch2.bin file and because they are not there - the system simply doesn't load them. If they are still being loaded then they weren't extracted from the 07Touch2.bin file.
These are the steps I used and it worked flawlessly.

If there is a step that isn't working for you, let me know which one and I'll try to help.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:22 PM
6th Gear

Anyone know why whenever I try to download the patch for the a/c and trip comp. mod from vistabug forums it says "Error: This link cannot be accessed directly
Please visit http://www.vistabug.com/navi/ to download this file" even when i click on it at the guide on that site? I can't download it. Am I missing something here?
Old 10-10-2007, 03:37 PM
The WDP Noob

still no luck
i follow all the instructions updated the 07touch2.bin
extracted the navi_title and acura_emblem...but it still appears on top the OpeningBase.bmp
Old 10-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Intermediate

Navi Splash Screen

Originally Posted by cKHyper
still no luck
i follow all the instructions updated the 07touch2.bin
extracted the navi_title and acura_emblem...but it still appears on top the OpeningBase.bmp
Try extracting all files from your newly modified 07Touch2.bin file and see if Nav-Title and Acura-emblem are still in the bin file. Make sure you have a good copy of your modified 07Touch2.bin file in a safe place - you don't want to modify it again.
If both files are still there, then modify them - use whatever you have handy - Photo Shop or?? Just make them slightly larger than their original size. Do this for both files. Then add them both back into 07Touch2.bin using the update command. When you are done, reload your new 07Touch2.bin file.

Here is what will happen (should happen) because the files are now too big to fit into the space allocated for them, the system will not load them. Since doing it the other way didn't work for you try this way. It is the same principal as making your splash screen file too large, it won't load but your Navi system will still work.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:53 PM
7th Gear

I have an 05 MT with Nav version 3.40A. Can anyone confirm that this method works for this version? I have tried and think I m getting through all the file loading and updating then once I burn the cd and try to load it nothing changes. Any suggestions? ideas? HELP!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:55 PM
The WDP Noob

read the first post u'll find ur answers there =)
Old 10-10-2007, 09:35 PM
The WDP Noob

Thanks BinxD

Thank man..
i got it...it works..=)
Old 10-11-2007, 04:44 PM
1st Gear

NAVI update

I have an 05 TL in the shop for a B check and window issue... I have an 08 TL loaner and man the navi changes are cool. any way to get them. on screen changes or updated database without dropping 200 for new DVD.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Cruisin'

someone should offer a service to do this for people
Old 10-16-2007, 10:33 AM
7th Gear

Would anyone be willing to help me? I seem to be struggling getting this to work. I have an 05 TL Nav version 3.4a. Please PM me if you can help.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:01 PM
2nd Gear

Honda Accord Mac User

I just got a 2003 honda accord with navigation i was wondering how to go about starting with the bin files since i have a mac. if anyone can help me please pm me or reply thanks
Old 10-18-2007, 11:29 AM
NDe
Intermediate

It depends how bad you want it. I'm a Mac user as well. You can install Windows via bootcamp. Or even install Parallel for Mac or VMware Fusion. Bootcamp is free and you can install a 30 day trial of Windows XP Home.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Too much kid stuff in

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\BACK.png[/IMG]

Hey all,

I'm a noob at Photoshop, but I messed around and came up wit this for my wife's NAVI...even though she won't let me hack it.......yet.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Too much kid stuff in

Noob to the forum also.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Too much kid stuff in

Oops, posted this PNG to the wrong thread. Sorry peeps. Had a few screens up at one time when I posted.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Cruisin'

I tried scanning through this list of postings and did not see much about this. I have an 04 TL with the 2.3 nav version, will these mods work for it or are they only for the 3.4 and up? Also, is the manual a/c mod already included in angreydad mod or is that somewhere else? Thanks, sorry for the newbie questions!!
Old 11-03-2007, 09:38 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sooo... is anyone getting close to cracking the OK button mod on the newer navi version?

Jimmy
Old 11-04-2007, 09:13 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JimmyDee
Sooo... is anyone getting close to cracking the OK button mod on the newer navi version?

Jimmy
The task, especially for the Canadian version is proving to be a 'challenge'. I am looking for a couple of software tools to run the code through - as in ICE etc. This one isn't as simple as the splash screen mod, and without knowing where/how they coded the OK button, it means tracing it out. There is another member working on the US OK button.

BTW - if anyone has this working . . .
Old 11-04-2007, 01:53 PM
Feenin on some 20's

Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts
wOW..... So i am not too happy with this.. I followed all of the instructions for these files and i burned the files on the CD-R disk.. I load it back into the car and the first time, it loaded the disk, my picture showed up and bypassed the OK screen. Then when i put the original Acura disk back in, it loads back into the original acura navi.. I am lost.. can anyone help??? I tried so many times and yet, it still doesn't work. Not only does it not work. Whenever i try to redo the process, it doesn't even read my 2 files that i burned onto the disk... it just says "Please check your disk" whenever i try to load the cd-r... any ideaS????

thnx in advance.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:50 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by AcuraTLboi
I load it back into the car and the first time, it loaded the disk, my picture showed up and bypassed the OK screen. Then when i put the original Acura disk back in, it loads back into the original acura navi..
Same thing here - 3.30a orange disk on 2004 TL

Works once, then loads the factory back in.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:56 AM
Registered Nutsack

I have an 04 w/ v3.60. It took me about an hour but I finally did the mod - no problems! If anyone has a problem and still cant figure it out PM me, I'm pretty computer illiterate so I may be able to help out. Few words of advice for people with Windows XP Sp2
1. When going to command promt my pooter showed "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>
to get it to show "C:>" you must type (minus quotations) "cd.."
type that twice and your now in C drive
then you type in your folder name you put your bins, bmp, and dumpnavi etc in - I named mine Navi1
2. Just follow the instructions on the first page for the rest BUT, and this is a big BUT, before you upadate the bmp file go to the folder it's in click on Tools tab up top, click Folder Options, then View then make sure "Hide extensions for known file types: is UNCHECKed.

Follow the instructions for the rest of the hacking sequence as per the first page and you should be solid.

PM me if you need help.

Thanks again guys.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:35 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
AcuraTLboi and beezer86, some how, the system is reloading the factory navi disk when you reinsert it. My nav has been hacked for years and I have never had this issue. When are you guys reinserting the original disk? Try this (taken from the old thread):
UPDATING THE TL NAVIGATION WITH MODIFIED DISK
13. Insert the original navigation DVD back into the DVD-ROM in your car.

14. Start the car normally (or put the key in and turn it so NAV turns on), and at the main navigation screen hold Map/Guide, Menu, and Cancel for 5 seconds once again.

15. Hit the "Version" button on the touch screen once again.

16. Take the original navigation DVD out of the car, and replace it with the CD/DVD you just created.

17. Hit the "Load Disc" button on the Version screen. As suggested by ttliang, if you get a warning screen saying the disk is no good, just hit "guide+menu+cancel" again to bring you to the "version" -> "disc load" then it'll load.

18. It should take about 20 seconds for your car to load the new BIN and reboot. You should see your new splash image. Once that happens, take out your burned CD/DVD and put back the original navigation DVD.

19. If anything goes wrong, remove the ground to the battery for 30 seconds with the origional DVD in the car. The old OS will load back on the system.

fokkerfitch83, if you are already in the C: drive, typing cd C:\folder at the command prompt will bring you straight to the folder you want. For folders with spaces or long names, wrap quotes "" around the folder name: cd "C:\this folder has a long name".
Old 11-07-2007, 06:13 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by datmrman
AcuraTLboi and beezer86, some how, the system is reloading the factory navi disk when you reinsert it. My nav has been hacked for years and I have never had this issue. When are you guys reinserting the original disk? Try this (taken from the old thread):

18. It should take about 20 seconds for your car to load the new BIN and reboot. You should see your new splash image. Once that happens, take out your burned CD/DVD and >>>>>put back the original navigation DVD.<<<<<
That is where I am putting back the original disk. So after it loads up the hacked splash screen and is all done, I insert the original dvd and it starts loading the orig back in. I will give it another shot.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Intermediate

Hacking 4.x

Can someone point me in the right direction? I am running version 4.62 and am trying to change the welcome screen and would love to get rid of the disclaimer that requires you to hit OK. I have read many posts on this subject but I am stuck at the very beginnning of the procedure. I am trying to locate the .bin file that the procedures tell you to look for and I do not see a prompt that says "loading filename" followed by the .bin file. When I hold down the Menu button once I am in the diagnostic section, it takes me to a totally different screen with more version type information.
Old 11-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by blassiter1
Can someone point me in the right direction? I am running version 4.62 and am trying to change the welcome screen and would love to get rid of the disclaimer that requires you to hit OK. I have read many posts on this subject but I am stuck at the very beginnning of the procedure. I am trying to locate the .bin file that the procedures tell you to look for and I do not see a prompt that says "loading filename" followed by the .bin file. When I hold down the Menu button once I am in the diagnostic section, it takes me to a totally different screen with more version type information.
So far, no one has figured out how to get rid of the OK screen on 4.xx
Old 11-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nalek
So far, no one has figured out how to get rid of the OK screen on 4.xx
So what about the procedures for updating the welcome screen?
Old 11-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Intermediate

I have 2 of the bin files extracted and they are named 08touch2.bin and 08jog2.bin. Any idea which one is the one that needs to be modified to change the welcome screen. I do not see a file called back.bmp so this file must be named something else with version 4.62. I see a file called OpeningBase.bmp but I cannot view the file.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Navi Disc 3.30f Orange Disc... HELP!!

Originally Posted by zeezz
yes! worked!

confirmed working with 3.30f version, 3.40 trip computer and navi hack provided by kennyc, and custom boot image.

i'm happy.

easiest way to do it with CEBin if you don't have 3.4 or 3.5:

put CEBin, the bin file to patch, and the three files you want replaced (back.bmp, navi.exe, hmimanager.exe).

make a text file with the following (replace BN2HH12C if needed, this is for 3.30 fversion)

image BN2HH12C.BIN
replaceFile navi.exe C:\navihack\navi.exe
replaceFile Back.bmp C:\navihack\Back.bmp
replaceFile HMIManager.exe C:\navihack\HMIManager.exe

you have to replace the filenames (C:\ whatever) with your own. Then run CEBin from the command prompt:

cebin yourfile.txt -s tempfile.bin

then rename this file to the original image name, put it with the loader on a disc, and burn away as detailed in the other posts.

I have an 04 TL w/ ver. 3.30f Orange Disc. My loader file is - BN2HH12C.BIN

I've done these following step to getting this hack to work, but I'm not getting any luck. The Burned Disc loads, but after I put my Navi disc in.. nothing changes.

Anybody with a 3.30f... can you please help.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:44 PM
JT3
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have successfully used the KennyC version to get rid of the OK button, however, I'd rather have the original disclaimer show, instead of the "Loading Navigation" prompt. I'd also, of course, like to get rid of the AD signature.

I've read through several threads here, and every attempt to modify my original navi.exe has resulted in failure. I know of the patch to modify the original AD-modified navi.exe (my understanding is that it kept the original disclaimer), but I have version 3.30g, so I need the 3.40c version of the AD hack to make it work, and the link for it doesn't seem to get me a valid file. The only good AD file I can find is the 3.50 version, which won't work for me.

Does anyone have a BN2HH12C.BIN file that has the original disclaimer, with a non AD disabled OK button (preferably without the other hacks)? If not, how about the 4.30 navi.exe that's referred to in this thread.

Or... at the very least, some instructions on modifying my original files, that don't require a rocket scientist to understand.

Thanks.
Old 11-22-2007, 02:42 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
Originally Posted by blassiter1
I have 2 of the bin files extracted and they are named 08touch2.bin and 08jog2.bin. Any idea which one is the one that needs to be modified to change the welcome screen. I do not see a file called back.bmp so this file must be named something else with version 4.62. I see a file called OpeningBase.bmp but I cannot view the file.

Is this a White Disc?

PM Sent.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:56 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
In another thread ( https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1894809 ), guys are claiming there are instructions to Hack the OK Button for Version 4.xx.

Is this Correct? If so, please, what post are the instructions in?

I've done the Splash Screen for v4.55, I am looking for an OK Button Hack.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:49 AM
2K8 CBP TL-S 6MT

all i know i'm so confused on which one to use. all this jumping around from version to version is killing me. I have a 4.62 white disc. is there anything else possible besides the splash screen
Old 11-23-2007, 10:10 AM
Intermediate

Canadian 07 TL OK Button Hack

Before this thing drives me over the edge I am not a coder but I have had enough of the nag screen and the amazingly poor job Acura has done of the Navi system-I refer to the GPS portion. If you really want to know how poorly the navigation system works compare it to a Garmin Nuvi650.
1. Has anyone found a free or relatively free tool to extract Navi.exe from the CDN version? Bysin and cebin don't work. I can extract 07touch2.bin using bysin. I cannot extract O7touch.bin and 07touch2bin does not have navi.exe inside it.
2.The 07touch2bin extracted folder has other bin files inside (navicom_enus.bin and navicom_frca.bin) I presume navicom_enus.bin has Navi.exe inside it - can anyone confirm this?
3. Thus far I can't get bysin or cebin to extract navicom_enus.bin - I get an error saying it can't open the bin file.
4.Has anyone tried using ICE (it is a debugger tool) to get at these files? (zeroc.com/download.html)
5. I can Hex edit the bin file (XVI32.exe is free) but it is a very long process going through a bin file to find the file and instruction you need!
6. Has anyone tried using a macro recorder to record the OK button push and then running the macro to start the navi system?
7. I am still willing to work on this but I need some input or direction --please and thank you.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Instructor

Great another Navi Hacker on board!

Originally Posted by Binx57
Before this thing drives me over the edge I am not a coder but I have had enough of the nag screen and the amazingly poor job Acura has done of the Navi system-I refer to the GPS portion. If you really want to know how poorly the navigation system works compare it to a Garmin Nuvi650.
1. Has anyone found a free or relatively free tool to extract Navi.exe from the CDN version? Bysin and cebin don't work. I can extract 07touch2.bin using bysin. I cannot extract O7touch.bin and 07touch2bin does not have navi.exe inside it.
2.The 07touch2bin extracted folder has other bin files inside (navicom_enus.bin and navicom_frca.bin) I presume navicom_enus.bin has Navi.exe inside it - can anyone confirm this?
3. Thus far I can't get bysin or cebin to extract navicom_enus.bin - I get an error saying it can't open the bin file.
4.Has anyone tried using ICE (it is a debugger tool) to get at these files? (zeroc.com/download.html)
5. I can Hex edit the bin file (XVI32.exe is free) but it is a very long process going through a bin file to find the file and instruction you need!
6. Has anyone tried using a macro recorder to record the OK button push and then running the macro to start the navi system?
7. I am still willing to work on this but I need some input or direction --please and thank you.

#2) The navicom_enus.bin and navicom_frca.bin stands for navigation communication english US and french canadian, so this probably is just a language display library.

#5) I think that using a HEX editor is probably the best way to go about this, PM me and we can work together and break it up into chunks to reduce the workload.
I think this is how angry dad did it for his navi version 3.56 modification.

#6) KP technologies has a module that simulates a button push signal from the touch screen with a relay....but it uses a timer system which is not as convienent as a software modification.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Instructor

wow, evoman with post #666 above...MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA....
Old 11-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by evoman
#2) The navicom_enus.bin and navicom_frca.bin stands for navigation communication english US and french canadian, so this probably is just a language display library.

#5) I think that using a HEX editor is probably the best way to go about this, PM me and we can work together and break it up into chunks to reduce the workload.
I think this is how angry dad did it for his navi version 3.56 modification.

#6) KP technologies has a module that simulates a button push signal from the touch screen with a relay....but it uses a timer system which is not as convienent as a software modification.
4.56a TL-S 2007 owner wants to help hack the NAG also.. I've got a programming background, but not on CE devices.. IM me to get me up to speed and I'll see if I can assist as well..
Old 11-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Intermediate

Navi OK Button - Hack

Originally Posted by evoman
#5) I think that using a HEX editor is probably the best way to go about this, PM me and we can work together and break it up into chunks to reduce the workload. I think this is how angry dad did it for his navi version 3.56 modification.

#6) KP technologies has a module that simulates a button push signal from the touch screen with a relay....but it uses a timer system which is not as convenient as a software modification.
I looked seriously at the KP tech module but it means getting at the back of the Navi Unit - and as you note it is not as elegant as a software mod.

To update my progress on this: I have been able to contact some people in the US - yes I know, I am not there but they are willing to have a look. The problem was in getting them the Navi disk (never underestimate the bandwidth of a FedEx truck full of DVD's ) Long story short they now have the files to play with. I continue to look at the BIN files using a Hex editor - there are a LOT of Navi references! As I hear from the fellows in the US, I will let you guys know what is happening. Just to be clear, even we get the OK button hacked the GPS system useability is still far below what Acura is capable of and while others may find it helpful, I am looking at replacing the entire GPS system and using just the in-car display for an after-market unit,. The connection module I am looking at is in final development and I am told it will work on the 2007 TL-S. The new module is said to have touch screen control as well.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:52 AM
The WDP Noob

any progress on the "ok nag" for 4.55 disk
Old 12-03-2007, 11:53 PM
"Like None Other"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by fokkerfitch83
I have an 04 w/ v3.60. It took me about an hour but I finally did the mod - no problems! If anyone has a problem and still cant figure it out PM me, I'm pretty computer illiterate so I may be able to help out. Few words of advice for people with Windows XP Sp2
1. When going to command promt my pooter showed "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>
to get it to show "C:>" you must type (minus quotations) "cd.."
type that twice and your now in C drive
then you type in your folder name you put your bins, bmp, and dumpnavi etc in - I named mine Navi1
2. Just follow the instructions on the first page for the rest BUT, and this is a big BUT, before you upadate the bmp file go to the folder it's in click on Tools tab up top, click Folder Options, then View then make sure "Hide extensions for known file types: is UNCHECKed.

Follow the instructions for the rest of the hacking sequence as per the first page and you should be solid.

PM me if you need help.

Thanks again guys.
Hello fokkerfitch83,

I am pretty new to this forum as i have just aquired my 05 TL 6mt w/nav. I have followed the steps to change the splash image but for soe reason, m dumpnavi program will not allow me to etract files from the BNHH401A.BIN file i modified! i tried several times and nothing happens! all it does it pop-up the dumpnavi box and i cant do anything but modify the image. Am I missing something here? Im tryin to add the Trip computer mod and Ok button mod to the system. I have ver 3.50. any suggestions?

Also, after modifying my splash image, now the disclaimer screen doesnt even show the txt and the button now says "GO" instead of "OK"....is this something to be worried about? anyway to fix it?

Quick Reply: Navigation Hack Guide: Welcome Screen Mod, Trip Computer, OK Button Nag Removal