Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

Android: Phone News and Discussion Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 02:04 PM
Safety Car

Received 295 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXy Luster
Except that general ETF fees on Vzw and Att start at about $350 regardless of phone's original price. With T-Mobile, you'll have to pay the original full price of the phone at anytime, which 99% of the time is more than $350.

I know, but you've got to think about it from the general public's perspective and not the theoretical side. Most people upgrade their phones every 2 years, and thus the whole pay a lesser monthly payment does not really do anything for the majority. Sure it works great for people who love changing their phone every year or once every comet attack, but like I said earlier, you gotta change the mindset of the entire country before changing the plans. Ask just about anyone in the US and they all say iphones cost $199 or cheaper. [B]They don't know the truth and thus will not care for T-Mobile's change, even more telling will be that no general person wants to pay $649 for a phone even when they learn about it. They would rather stick with the normalized 2 year contract and upgrade.

If saving people money on monthly payments was the solution to changing the US carrier plans/people's mentality then it would have happened by now. Just look at all the pre-paid mvnos out there. T-Mobile's new plans still cannot compete with them and are trying to do the same thing except that they have pink all over while seeking profits. Get AT&T's coverage and speeds for $45 a month on Straight Talk still beats T-Mobile's lack of coverage and high prices.
Don't know if you heard but AT&T is discontinuing Straight Talk plans.

http://www.talkandroid.com/149593-st...mpatible-sims/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2120957

With that out of the way, I agree T-Mobile "could" do better price wise. But in comparison to the other Big Three, they're at least doing something and the prices are actually pretty good. I hope it will force AT&T and Verizon to at least lower their cost even just a little.

Originally Posted by speedemon90
I dont think you get it still. For T-mobile you will have to pay the original full price of the phone, but that could be $200 or that could be $500. It really depends when you decide to leave. Then theres also the fact that you could sell the phone so its not a huge loss either. So in the end I'm sure you'll get most of your money back. And its a much much better deal.

Also you're acting like every phone is $650 and that every consumer has a $650 phone. Look at you for instance. You have a $350 phone that you bought off of the play store and yet in your plan with ATT? You're still paying for the subsidized cost of a phone! You would have saved so much more money on tmobile since you wouldn't have to pay for that cost.

Now the market where people buy a $650 phone and upgrade every two years, its basically the same whether you're on tmobile or ATT.

But then there's all the people that buy used phones, unlocked phones, non high end phones. So I think they did make a move in the right direction. And I also think they will be a bigger threat to carriers. Any publicity is good publicity right?

Do you get where I'm getting at?
This is the reason why its still better than the other carriers out there price wise. If people educate themselves, they can save quite a lot with the T-Mobile plans. Making that happen is the difficult part for T-Mobile.

Why not just get Plants vs. Zombies along with the rest of the Android Humble Bundle games and pay whatever price you want.....even a penny?
I saw that bundle. For the humble bundles, do they get updated in the Play Store or do they only get updated from the site?
Old 03-27-2013, 02:10 PM
Safety Car

Back to Android news, Google just udpated the Movies app with some KnowledgeGraph:

http://officialandroid.blogspot.com/...vies-with.html

When you pause a movie, you can see the actors' info and soundtrack of the movie. Pretty cool stuff.

They also updated Google Translate to allow offline translation in 51 languages:

http://pocketnow.com/2013/03/27/goog...nslate-offline
Old 03-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 439 Likes on 322 Posts
okk that movies app think is awesome! I never use the app lol, but still cool! I'd use it if i had a tablet i guess haha
Old 03-27-2013, 02:56 PM
Az User

Received 2,570 Likes on 1,718 Posts
kind of glad we renewed our T-mobile plan at the begining of the year now got 2 free S3's and are paying about 55 a month with 2 gb of data before throttling
Old 03-27-2013, 04:49 PM
Safety Car

okk that movies app think is awesome! I never use the app lol, but still cool! I'd use it if i had a tablet i guess haha
Would be cooler if it worked with any video you put into the device yourself. Still a pretty cool idea all around though. The KnowledgeGraph thing has been pretty cool for Google so far and I can see them using this a lot with Google Glass.

Action Launcher is introducing "Shutters" in its next upgrade:

^Probably one of the coolest new ideas I've seen in a while! You swipe to reveal Widgets. Less real estate taken up and you can just swipe to reveal relevant info without launching the app itself. Very innovative.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Seems pretty cool, but I don't use that many widgets that I'd need that. And I like how my widgets take up space, otherwise the home screen would be so empty or just have a bunch of icons which is the look i dont really want.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Goodbye.

Received 584 Likes on 423 Posts
I dont think you get it still. For T-mobile you will have to pay the original full price of the phone, but that could be $200 or that could be $500. It really depends when you decide to leave. Then theres also the fact that you could sell the phone so its not a huge loss either. So in the end I'm sure you'll get most of your money back. And its a much much better deal.

Also you're acting like every phone is $650 and that every consumer has a $650 phone. Look at you for instance. You have a $350 phone that you bought off of the play store and yet in your plan with ATT? You're still paying for the subsidized cost of a phone! You would have saved so much more money on tmobile since you wouldn't have to pay for that cost.

Now the market where people buy a $650 phone and upgrade every two years, its basically the same whether you're on tmobile or ATT.

But then there's all the people that buy used phones, unlocked phones, non high end phones. So I think they did make a move in the right direction. And I also think they will be a bigger threat to carriers. Any publicity is good publicity right?

Do you get where I'm getting at?
No. I understood their whole plan, but the fact remains that it is still similar to an ETF and at some points the ETF will be cheaper compared to the buyout of the phone. Not to mention, that AT&T will unlock your phone after 60 days vs. T-Mobile forcing you to buyout your phone before unlocking it. Did you guys already forget how people were buying the Nexus 4 at T-Mobile stores and purposely doing the ETF so they could get the phone for cheaper due to unavailability? Start a 2 year contract, pay the upfront money for the phone, ETF and it is still cheaper than paying the total price of a new phone.

In case you didn't know, you can also sell your AT&T phones to recoup losses for a new phone. It is not a T-Mobile exclusive.

I stated the $650 number because that is what the iPhone costs since it was used as an example, but also what most top phones locked to carriers cost. That is the norm. Yes, I use a $350 phone, but tell me who else creates a $350 phone for the specs? The Xperia Z is going to be sold for over $700 unlocked. Those people using old phones not called Tracphones for the actual purpose of a phone would benefit, sure. Yes I am still with AT&T and that is because I am only paying $50 a month. I could save $5 and go to ST, but I like where I'm at for the long haul. Stay on, pickup a new upgrade every 2 years for free, sell that for profit if not moving. If moving, sell the old one. I could go to T-Mobile, but not for an increase to $80 and worse coverage.

You guys are not seeing the practical side of this business. This is why blogs reporting about all this is fine and dandy with their followers/commenters, but the general public will not know. Heck, ask a random person out on the streets right now and I bet you there's a very good chance they don't even know about T-Mobile's big move, even lesser to what their phone costs, or the Nexus line. Sure this will be great for those people who buy unlocked phones and keep phones for the long haul, but those people are few in comparison to those that upgrade every 2 years because it is the norm that the US has been drilled into. I never said it was a bad move for them to do this, but that it was not enough, nor was it the right move to start the so called revolution.

The best part of the whole presentation was when he said "if we suck, drop us". That's awesome for him, but if a typical consumer buys a new S4 or One for $99 and then realizes the coverage sucks, they would have to buyout their phone, and then sign on to AT&T after getting their phone unlocked just to get HSPA+ speeds while paying a new 2 year contract. They could sell their old phone for a new one on AT&T to recoup losses, but then the fact remains that they would have to already had all that cash to begin their endeavor in the first place, not to mention the knowledge to unlock the phone to use on another carrier and sell old phones to recoup losses and that is if they move to AT&T. Move to Verizon, and they are in an even worse position. People forget they are still a carrier looking to make a profit and they are doing this as one last ditch effort to remain relevant while making a profit, but in reality like their introduction of the iPhone on their network, it is their hope to stop the bleeding of consumers from their network. That's the exact result that Sprint got by adding the iPhone to their network. Stopped the bleeding of consumers but piled on the debt to Apple and investors. If this move turns out to be big enough to change the carrier culture in the US, I'll jump out of a plane. Just look to Sprint with it's $60 unlimited plan (though an argument will be made that is due to cdma and wimax).

Originally Posted by CGFebTSX04
Don't know if you heard but AT&T is discontinuing Straight Talk plans.

http://www.talkandroid.com/149593-st...mpatible-sims/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2120957
Thought those were proven to be false. ST just ran out of sim cards. People could still use them on AT&T if you had them. They are just throttling some people who abuse it like the one guy who used 100GB in a month. That kinda sends a red flag to ST. No official statement that they were cancelling their service.

For the Ingress guys, have you all been following the Hannah Misty events?
Old 03-27-2013, 07:12 PM
Safety Car

For the Ingress guys, have you all been following the Hannah Misty events?
For the people who didn't see it:

The comms have been pretty interesting today. Too bad I'm not in the area or I'd participate in breaking those nodes. Probably could get some good AP as well. Probably good business for Jamba Juice. Lol.

Ingress is updating Hannah's location on G+ as well:

https://plus.google.com/+Ingress/posts
Old 03-27-2013, 10:19 PM
Suzuka Master

I do get what you're saying, but I dunno. I think its a good move for t-mobile. Cause obviously doing what other carriers do already wont bring people to tmobile. Unless they made it significantly cheaper of course.

This I think will bring some customers over to tmobile, whether it saves them money or not. And for me, the more customers tmobile make, the more money it makes and the more money its able to invest in its network so thats a win for me.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:36 PM
I shoot people

Received 3,050 Likes on 1,481 Posts
Haha, I'm posting with the AcuraZine Android App

Posted from Acurazine.com App for Android
Old 03-28-2013, 12:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Thats not the official azine one right??

Chrome is quicker for me.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:16 AM
I shoot people

Thats not the official azine one right??

Chrome is quicker for me.
Yeah, it sucks. Already uninstalled it
Old 04-01-2013, 10:03 AM
I shoot people

So, I don't understand what's going on but with my Chrome browser I can't access my bookmarks and I'm signed in anyone have a clue?
Old 04-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Карты убийцы

Received 125 Likes on 100 Posts
I never broken a contract before but I do have an ETF question.

If I get the $700 S4 on contract from ATT, pay for 60 days, get it unlocked, then can I say that I want to break the contract (pay the $350 ETF) and still keep the phone?
Old 04-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Goodbye.

Originally Posted by is300eater
So, I don't understand what's going on but with my Chrome browser I can't access my bookmarks and I'm signed in anyone have a clue?
Did you sync it?

Originally Posted by Professor
I never broken a contract before but I do have an ETF question.

If I get the $700 S4 on contract from ATT, pay for 60 days, get it unlocked, then can I say that I want to break the contract (pay the $350 ETF) and still keep the phone?
Yes. Although I think ATT is selling it for $250 subsidized? You also need to take into account the activation fee. What do you plan to do with the phone after?
Old 04-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Карты убийцы

Received 125 Likes on 100 Posts
Did you sync it?

Yes. Although I think ATT is selling it for $250 subsidized? You also need to take into account the activation fee. What do you plan to do with the phone after?
I'm going to get a S4 in August and use it. I was just wondering about the ETF. But you are right, I forgot to factor in the upfront cost, so you are not really getting a deal.

I guess a better deal (if you are a dirtbag) would be to take out insurance, claim it was stolen, pay the deductible, and get another phone. Then you'd have a backup phone. But I'd imagine that as soon as you switched SIMS, the IMEI of the "stolen" phone would send red flags through ATT's system.

I really would rather pay the full amount up front if it meant lower service fees. But they are not going to do that, so what's the point of paying for all of it upfront?
Old 04-01-2013, 02:18 PM
I shoot people

Did you sync it?
I tried, but it won't.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Goodbye.

Didn't get the gig at AP. speedemon90, you're fired as my agent.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Suzuka Master

You weren't the one that CC'd an editorial to like every android blog right

artem called that fool out on G+ haha
Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Goodbye.

You weren't the one that CC'd an editorial to like every android blog right

artem called that fool out on G+ haha
hahaha hell no!

Wait, I think you're referring to an app developer who spammed everyone to promote his app.

Last edited by TSXy Luster; 04-02-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:23 PM
Suzuka Master

ohh was it that?? I forgot haha. I didn't really read the whole thing haha. You're probably right. Funny either way.

You know I didn't even know what BCC: was till about a year ago. I've never used it yet.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:27 PM
Goodbye.

ohh was it that?? I forgot haha. I didn't really read the whole thing haha. You're probably right. Funny either way.

You know I didn't even know what BCC: was till about a year ago. I've never used it yet.
Such a life saver for those mass emails, stupid friends fighting, laziness, or drunk emailing multiple people
Old 04-02-2013, 09:45 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Professor
I'm going to get a S4 in August and use it. I was just wondering about the ETF. But you are right, I forgot to factor in the upfront cost, so you are not really getting a deal.

I guess a better deal (if you are a dirtbag) would be to take out insurance, claim it was stolen, pay the deductible, and get another phone. Then you'd have a backup phone. But I'd imagine that as soon as you switched SIMS, the IMEI of the "stolen" phone would send red flags through ATT's system.

I really would rather pay the full amount up front if it meant lower service fees. But they are not going to do that, so what's the point of paying for all of it upfront?
On AT&T, Sprint and Verizon, nothing. With T-Mobile's new plans you could be saving $20 per month on your bill plus the lower fee for the line(s). The best way to go about it would be to wait for the $100 off or $0.99 deals probably come around July 4th weekend (as they always seem to have some kind of deal). Then you could technically break your contract and get away with the phone at a lower price. The activation fee can be waived depending on how long of a customer you've been with AT&T and your account has been in good standing. My bro does it all the time with his iPhone upgrades and I'm probably gonna use mine on the HTC One. You just have to wait for it to show up on the bill and call in. Just be nice to the guy and they usually do it for you. If not, hang up call again until you get a service rep that does it.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Safety Car

If you guys didn't already see it, Tasker is on sale for $1.99. Not sure how long the deal is good for but its normally around $6.99.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...C50YXNrZXJtIl0.

Here's a pretty good video showing what it can do with some samples on how to build them:

http://youtu.be/OjWwGCdQyCw
Old 04-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Suzuka Master

thoughts on fb home??

also i got my email for ingress that my account got reset so which one am i supposed to choose again?? i forgot lol
Old 04-04-2013, 05:52 PM
Safety Car

thoughts on fb home??
Its an interesting idea not really revolutionary though. The interface looks pretty nice and its funny how they've decided to copy G+'s circle profile pics amongst other things. I've deactivated my Facebook for a few months now and don't really miss it at all. G+ and Twitter are keeping me busy with what I need to know. The only thing tempting me to reinstall FB is Cany Crush Saga! I wish it had G+ integration. If someone rips out the APK for it I'll probably give it a try but I doubt I'd keep it.

http://youtu.be/ZHle3NbYwyk

also i got my email for ingress that my account got reset so which one am i supposed to choose again?? i forgot lol
I think you were supposed to go Enlightened. Lol.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Suzuka Master

you sure it was enlightened??

Ahh i see it seems interesting but I dont want friends pictures as my background, especially dudes lol. They did make it look really clean so props to that. Otherwise I'll just see what its like but i wont use it.

I do use FB a lot more than G+ and I dont have twitter haha. G+ i use to follow android news for the most part. FB is to see what my friends are up too, and I'm involved in clubs so thats a big tool for organizing events.

G+ just wont replace fb for years to come, if ever, but doesnt mean I wont use it.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Goodbye.

Any of you guys got connections in Austin, Texas? I would like to move there...

http://www.theverge.com/2013/4/5/418...t-announcement

Old 04-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Suzuka Master

lucky bastards
Old 04-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Goodbye.

Everytime I see a HTC One, I think it is the new Blackberry Z10 and vice versa

lucky bastards

I looked at their plans, and they offer FREE internet to anybody in the area for a guaranteed at least 7 years at typical speeds. $70 a month for the GIGABIT speeds, and $120 a month if you include TV and a free Nexus 7.

I want to go to there.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Suzuka Master

I'm still wondering, why is google even doing this?? I doubt they are making any money on this.
Old 04-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Safety Car

HTC One review by AnandTech:

I've been using the One pretty much nonstop since getting it, and still feel the same way about the construction as I did when I first held the device. The build quality really is phenomenal, and for the first time rivals what we get out of, well, Apple. At the same time the industrial design is still uniquely HTC and carries over design language from the Butterfly or DNA. I was worried that HTC had given up the all metal pursuit after the One S, which I thought was one of the most unique devices of 2012, but thankfully the One takes it one step further. I've been stuck on antenna design and the challenges imposed by both contact with the skin, tuning for all the various bands, and the 2x1 requirements implicit in LTE, and thus the stuff required to make the One work as a phone excite me for the engineering hurdles they represent. Needless to say, the HTC One works as a phone and I haven't noticed any unintended attenuation or connectivity issues.

On the camera side I still fundamentally believe larger pixels is the correct way to go. Most digital photographers know that bigger sensors are better somehow, fundamentally what they're talking about are bigger pixels with more sensitivity. I've been asked what I believe the best course of action is, and I think either staying at around 8 MP with 1.4 micron pixels or moving back up the scale to larger pixels is the dream. Obviously the ideal situation would be an 8 MP sensor with 2.0 micron pixels, but there's no way to do that conventionally without moving to a thicker phone or including a big bump. There's no right answer here, and camera is one of the places that we see each OEM offer a huge amount of differentiation, from including just a module bought from a supplier, to designing the optics and talking to a CMOS vendor for something custom. For the past few generations HTC has been pushing further and further into the custom side, and I thought the One X/S/V optical system was the best that generation. There is no question in my mind that the One includes the best camera in the Android space right now with the right tradeoff between resolution and sensitivity. Resolution just isn't all there is to a good camera, and HTC now finds itself knee-deep in fighting the megapixel myth.

The speakers on the One have spoiled me. I initially wrote them off as being an accessory to the rest of the story, but in the past year or so have become addicted to watching a few YouTube channels and their product reviews on my mobile devices. As a result I'm now thoroughly spoiled by the One and not having to cup my smartphone with the second hand and direct the audio around to my face. For just about everything audio related the difference in experience that stereo affords — to say nothing of frequency response or loudness — is monumental.

I've never given any smartphone an editors choice award before, though I daily regret not giving the One S an award of some kind. For the HTC One I'm giving our Editors Choice Gold award, which is our second highest award. The One is an incredibly awesome device.

I'm a big fan of the HTC One and can see myself using it for quite a while, even without seeing necessarily everything of its main upcoming contenders. It's a device which amazingly is built to the kind of specifications I'd want from a device — huge emphasis on camera, all metal construction with actively tuned antennas, and a powerful SoC inside.
Source: http://www.anandtech.com/show/6747/htc-one-review

The review is long but a very good read. AnandTech's reviews are some of the best. Should be interesting to see how this fares against the S4 as it becomes design vs. familiarity. Also, HTC will be undercutting the competition price wise by offering the 32 GB for the same price that 16 GB devices go for at the moment.

Dev version (unlocked and bootloader unlocked) is available for pre-order for $649:

http://shopamerica.htc.com/cell-phon...htm?prId=41599

^That's for the 64GB version. The 32 GB version will be going for $574.99.

http://shopamerica.htc.com/cell-phon...htm?prId=41589

AT&T will be selling it $199 for the 32 GB version on a 2-year contract or the 64 GB version for $299. No contract prices for 32 GB is $599, and $649 for the 64 GB version.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/dev...al-silver.html

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/dev...al-silver.html

Not sure why anyone would buy the no contract version from AT&T but the dev version would be a better deal IMO and its $20 cheaper for the 32 GB version.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:02 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
I'm still wondering, why is google even doing this?? I doubt they are making any money on this.
You really haven't been following Google's genius business model?

Gmail. Free.
Youtube. Free.
Google Search. Free.
Google Maps with satellite,traffic, street tour, etc. Free.
Android OS. Free

Get people to use your product. Then when they can't live without it, throw in advertisements. Remember, Google is in the advertisement business.

Remember when people questioned Youtube's business model? Now look at it. There's ads every where, but did people stop using it? Nope.

When Apple launched a mobile phone product, Google didn't launch its own dedicated mobile product because it had a different plan. Google decided to grab the OS market because it knew Apple would restrict Google products and Google advertisements on Apple's iPhone.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:10 PM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
^^^ THIS !!!

its funny how apple (fans) thinks they won the war with google over maps...
Old 04-06-2013, 04:30 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
You really haven't been following Google's genius business model?

Gmail. Free.
Youtube. Free.
Google Search. Free.
Google Maps with satellite,traffic, street tour, etc. Free.
Android OS. Free

Get people to use your product. Then when they can't live without it, throw in advertisements. Remember, Google is in the advertisement business.

Remember when people questioned Youtube's business model? Now look at it. There's ads every where, but did people stop using it? Nope.

When Apple launched a mobile phone product, Google didn't launch its own dedicated mobile product because it had a different plan. Google decided to grab the OS market because it knew Apple would restrict Google products and Google advertisements on Apple's iPhone.
Ohh no trust me I completely understand their model. They are a company built mainly on advertisements. THe money they make elsewhere is really nothing compared to advertisements. BUT in my mind there's only one way to monetize google fiber and its the obvious one. Sell it at a profitable margin.

Now I know they are still testing it out and such and unless they offer Fiber to a good amount of the population, they won't make money off of it.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Goodbye.

Ohh no trust me I completely understand their model. They are a company built mainly on advertisements. THe money they make elsewhere is really nothing compared to advertisements. BUT in my mind there's only one way to monetize google fiber and its the obvious one. Sell it at a profitable margin.

Now I know they are still testing it out and such and unless they offer Fiber to a good amount of the population, they won't make money off of it.
You can't maximize profit on something when you are the ultimate underdog in the business you are in. The smart plan is to introduce fiber into the US and play catch up to the rest of the technologically advanced countries, THEN after people are hooked on it and they become the #1 internet and TV provider, they can justify raising costs by saying it is for the expansion. Thus, people will then believe they are paying for future connectivity based on the introduction of this "innovation", which is a good thing for everyone. And in the end they will be okay with it.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Thats the thing though, I dont see google getting anywhere near the #1 internet and TV provider. Two reasons:

I swear cable companies have a monopoly over certain areas. Like in riverside, I was only able to get charter. There was no one else for internet. Only thing else available was satellite like dish and direct tv. So just getting into certain markets is going to be hard.

Second... I dont see google offering this to more than like 50 cities. Maybe not even that much. They have something up their sleeves, but I have no clue what it is. Its not for advertisement, and I dont think it's for becoming a large internet/tv provider. This is why I'm just curious if there is anything else that they can gain from this business? Maybe some technology behind fiber? I dunno.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Thats the thing though, I dont see google getting anywhere near the #1 internet and TV provider. Two reasons:

I swear cable companies have a monopoly over certain areas. Like in riverside, I was only able to get charter. There was no one else for internet. Only thing else available was satellite like dish and direct tv. So just getting into certain markets is going to be hard.

Second... I dont see google offering this to more than like 50 cities. Maybe not even that much. They have something up their sleeves, but I have no clue what it is. Its not for advertisement, and I dont think it's for becoming a large internet/tv provider. This is why I'm just curious if there is anything else that they can gain from this business? Maybe some technology behind fiber? I dunno.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:40 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
When you can deliver content to people, you can control advertisement.

This was the EXACT SAME discussion waaay back then when Google introduced Gmail and Youtube. People were wondering, why did Google offer these too-good-to-be-true services for free?

Well, now your Gmail has ads and Youtube has ads.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Suzuka Master

theres only so much you can control if any in this business. Its mainly the tv network providers that control advertisement there. And delivering internet to peoples homes, theres no control of advertisement there.

Quick Reply: Android: Phone News and Discussion Thread