Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
accordselux, drop your car on some coilovers & that will change how you feel about them .
Old 06-11-2011, 12:14 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SSM4DR
accordselux, drop your car on some coilovers & that will change how you feel about them .
I agree it would look better. My Tein Basics just shipped yesterday from Marcus. I just might want to go with some more concave RPF1's for a sporty vs. classy look and feel.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Instructor

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. Between working 70-80 hours a week and hitting the gym, I find myself with very little spare time

Originally Posted by thefatcat
I am contemplating going with cross-drilled and slotted rotors, I had them on my old Lincoln LS and they worked well. Do you guys think they're worth the money and what type would you recommend buying? My last set was from Poland but they lasted a long time.

How about brake pads? I saw a set of A-Spec OEM pads on eBay for $120....am I better off just getting some nice non-OEM pads?
I just bought BIG RED Rotorpros custom drilled/slotted brake rotors and Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads from Rich at Rotorpros [http://www.rotorpros.net/]. He is a great guy to work with and has unbeatable prices! I also bought BIG RED a K&N 57 Series Generation II FIPK this week Last Spring, I bought drilled/slotted rotors and EBC Redstuff pads for White Heat. I would let you know how I like them, but I have yet to install them

Originally Posted by Phantom_of_the_Acura
Hey guys. I had a busy Memorial weekend I went down to Des Moines to help a cousin find a decent used car and ended up selling her mine. Then because I had no mode of transportation home my uncle, her dad, offers to sell me his BMW M5 so in a little hasty decision making I said ok and now I am am a 2006 Interlagos Blue M5 owner. So far it has been pretty nice I usually leave it in P400 mode and am getting 16-17 MPG around town. When I switch over to P500 Sport mode I can be doing 80 before I know it but I find myself watching my speed more closely than I did in the Acura to see if I can eek out another 1-2 MPG.
There are two things I need help with and hopefully Travis and Jannik can help me out.

Travis my M5 doesn't have a AUX input for my iPad like the TL did I have been searching the BMW forums for help and they mostly point to a Dension Gateway 500. Do you know a place where I can get one of these at a good price or something similar so I can connect my iPad a 3.5mm mini plug like the TL will be fine but if it is only a little more for full integration let me know.

Jannik let me know what weekends you would be available to detail the car and how much. You can PM me if you dont want the info on the board.
You had a clean TL-S; sad to hear you sold it. Congrats on the new car though! Do you have any pics of your new whip? Do you have any mods planned for it yet?

We don't sell the Dension Gateway 500 at work. However, we do sell a unit that does what you are looking for. I will check on the price for ya when I work on Monday
Originally Posted by asujosh1
So not cool. I want an M5 sooooo bad, an E39, sounds like you got an E60.
I also love the E39's I hope all is goin' well in Texas for ya!
Originally Posted by Takata 18
is this the TC forum for ACURAS or BMW Wazzzup. I am in Guadalajara Mexico will be back on the 8th. Hope you all are well. Need to set up a new meet soon .
How was Mexico...?

I agree, we do need to set up a meet soon!
Originally Posted by accordselux
Just got my new wheels and tires on and after trying them out, I'm not feeling them. Work VS-XX 18x8 +43 in a custom powdercoated finish, brand new valvestems and seals, iForged TPMS adapters with TSX TPMS, and Kumho Ecsta LE Sport in 225/40/18 mounted and balanced. I'm in over $2100 on them. I'm looking for $1800 OBO. If you know anyone interested, please get in touch with me. I would like to sell them locally.

Why aren't you feeling them? I think they look pretty good. Do you plan on lowering your whip? What style wheel are you now looking at?

Originally Posted by Phantom_of_the_Acura
Yep it is an E60 V-10 model with 500 HP and believe me it moves. Last weekend I went to Cars & Cafe at the Automotorplex and saw a bunch of M5's on display. Then on the way home on 62 saw a Ford GT pulled over by the police the old guy driving the car looked embarrassed about being pulled over. I was watching my speed very closely as the cops were everywhere around there they even have the radar guns checking your speed as you leave the complex.
Thanks for an invite to C&C I plan on going next month; hopefully White Heat will be ready
Originally Posted by WannabeG
Anyone else need a car detail? Next week is very open for me and the only guy i have set up so far is Phantom.
I will be contacting you once White Heat is put back together
Old 06-11-2011, 01:54 PM
Advanced

Hey if any of you local guys are interested I have the RV6 V2 J-Pipe for sale.

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-parts-sale-361/rv6-v2-j-pipe-822246/
Old 06-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Carmodifier

Why aren't you feeling them? I think they look pretty good. Do you plan on lowering your whip? What style wheel are you now looking at?
Yea I will lower it as low as it will go on Tein Basics without having to roll the fenders. My alternate is a set of SBC 17x9 +45 Enkei RPF1's on 235/45/17. So a smaller lighter wheel with some wide tires to match, going back to the sport sedan idea instead of the bigger, heavier wheels.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by accordselux
I agree it would look better. My Tein Basics just shipped yesterday from Marcus. I just might want to go with some more concave RPF1's for a sporty vs. classy look and feel.

Not to be a dick bro but I dont like those rims at all... I never have, not on any car, not just yours. Not sure what you should get but I know them gold ones got to go brotha!

Thanks for an invite to C&C I plan on going next month; hopefully White Heat will be ready

I will be contacting you once White Heat is put back together

You sure? Its getting colder now, I dont know if white heat can handle it.... better keep her stored a little longer...
Old 06-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

Every one has kind of faded of lately. What do you guys think if we plan our next meet. Who would be interested in going to the Milwaukee meet.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:34 AM
Just drive...

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
Every one has kind of faded of lately. What do you guys think if we plan our next meet. Who would be interested in going to the Milwaukee meet.
What's up Jorge! Missed you at the KC meet this year....we didn't run into any Iowa troopers this year though! I took home a few awards from this year's meet as well. I'm sure pics will be coming!

I'm totally down for a meet again in a few weeks if everyone wants to get together somewhere. Maybe we can do it on a Sunday this time?
Old 06-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by MN07TLS
I'm totally down for a meet again in a few weeks if everyone wants to get together somewhere. Maybe we can do it on a Sunday this time?

Im down for whatever... This Sunday is Fathers Day so thats out for me and all the fathers im sure... If its going to be on a saturday then I need more than a few days to let my babysitter know. Next Saturday might work for me. Next Sunday (June 26th) I might be helping a friend teach His Aikido class.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Just drive...

Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
Im down for whatever... This Sunday is Fathers Day so thats out for me and all the fathers im sure... If its going to be on a saturday then I need more than a few days to let my babysitter know. Next Saturday might work for me. Next Sunday (June 26th) I might be helping a friend teach His Aikido class.
How about we shoot for something like Sunday, July 10th?
Old 06-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Advanced

Talking

I was not referring this weekend exactly but we should plan ahead. The 10th is far out enough that it should give everyone plenty of time. I will check my calendar.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Boosted...

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
How about we shoot for something like Sunday, July 10th?
I like Sunday's better as well, I'm free July 10th. How does that day work for everyone else?
Old 06-16-2011, 05:32 AM
Intermediate

Sundays are hard for me to get off. Time and half is amazing. But I guess I can suck it up and take a personal day. Just let me know the day and im in.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:35 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by blktl04
Sundays are hard for me to get off. Time and half is amazing. But I guess I can suck it up and take a personal day. Just let me know the day and im in.

well nobody likes you anyway...J/K

I dont think I got anything planned for that sunday, I just need to pick up my daughter from her mother at 1pm then im good to go. I might also be able to ask her mother if she wants to keep her longer (she wont say no) then I can pick her up afterwards.
Old 06-16-2011, 05:48 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
I won't be able to make it, I'll be in Michigan. That would have been a fun way to spend my bday though.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:39 AM
Just drive...

I was not referring this weekend exactly but we should plan ahead. The 10th is far out enough that it should give everyone plenty of time. I will check my calendar.
Geez...how long does it take for you to check you're calendar? You free that day Jorge?

Where would a good place to meet be? I would be up for whatever. If you guys want to meet somewhere and chill for a bit, and then go grab something to eat that works for me.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:39 AM
Advanced

Do these prices seem fair to you guys for 60,000 mile mtnce?

Buerkle Acura (because it's the closest Acura dealer to me)

Transmission: $95
Oil Change: $37
Coolant: $110
Brake Fluid: $85
*Already changed cabin filter at Evil Pineapple's house
Total: $327

I wonder if I could talk them down a little if I do all four?

The price seems somewhat reasonable to me...but I don't know what to compare it to. There's no way I could do these myself.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by thefatcat
Do these prices seem fair to you guys for 60,000 mile mtnce?

Buerkle Acura (because it's the closest Acura dealer to me)

Transmission: $95
Oil Change: $37
Coolant: $110
Brake Fluid: $85
*Already changed cabin filter at Evil Pineapple's house
Total: $327

I wonder if I could talk them down a little if I do all four?

The price seems somewhat reasonable to me...but I don't know what to compare it to. There's no way I could do these myself.
Take to White Bear Acura. Talk to Chris he is the manager you could ask for Joe to do the work for you. They are reasonable. Give then what Buerkley quote you and see if they would do better for you I am sure they would treat you right.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:38 AM
Advanced

Talking

Geez...how long does it take for you to check you're calendar? You free that day Jorge?

Where would a good place to meet be? I would be up for whatever. If you guys want to meet somewhere and chill for a bit, and then go grab something to eat that works for me.
No plans yet so it looks good. Are you going to make this one for sure? You don't have a wedding to go to? HA HA HA! I have been going out of the country for work alot lately so I can't control that. Hey bring you trophy or pictures of you and you trophy's what did you win at the KC meet? Did Adam win anything this year?
Old 06-17-2011, 10:57 AM
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
Buerkle Acura in Brooklyn park did my transmission drain/fill for $88.52 total. Which included new drain plug gasket, washer, & Honda ATF Z-1 fluid. They also drain/fill my coolant fluid along with cleaning dirt & debris from radiator + condensor cooling fins for $59.00
Old 06-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
All that stuff is fairly easy to do. Buy all the stuff and save yourself some money. All those items have DIY in the garage section of the forum.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:29 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nate_0022
All that stuff is fairly easy to do. Buy all the stuff and save yourself some money. All those items have DIY in the garage section of the forum.

I'm sure someone with a little mechanical inclination could DIY....I know where the gas goes and that's about it.
Old 06-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SSM4DR
Buerkle Acura in Brooklyn park did my transmission drain/fill for $88.52 total. Which included new drain plug gasket, washer, & Honda ATF Z-1 fluid. They also drain/fill my coolant fluid along with cleaning dirt & debris from radiator + condensor cooling fins for $59.00

Hmmm, I wonder why they quoted me almost double the price for the coolant drain/fill? Those bastards
Old 06-18-2011, 12:04 AM
Advanced

Talking

What is with all the little Icons that are appearing on our Avatar ? Were to meet we have tried Harriett Island in St Paul but have not been able to make it yet this year. Everyone else can give some input. Or we could go to Minnehaha Falls.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Punctuation Nazi

I also love the E39's I hope all is goin' well in Texas for ya!
It's hot as a mofo down here, but it's nice to have a car that's clean for more than 5 minutes. With the water rationing I can only wash my car on Sundays, which is kind of a bummer, I have to roll on Sat with a dirty ride.

Starting to look at second vehicles, since the wagon is the family truckster, I can get something completely impractical to drive around and hopefully do a few AutoX in.

Hopefully the loft will sell soon and I'll be back up in Mpls for a weekend to pack it up and have a party.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:34 AM
Advanced

Talking

It's hot as a mofo down here, but it's nice to have a car that's clean for more than 5 minutes. With the water rationing I can only wash my car on Sundays, which is kind of a bummer, I have to roll on Sat with a dirty ride.

Starting to look at second vehicles, since the wagon is the family truckster, I can get something completely impractical to drive around and hopefully do a few AutoX in.

Hopefully the loft will sell soon and I'll be back up in Mpls for a weekend to pack it up and have a party.
First I want to wish you and all here a Happy Fathers day. We on the other hand are having a very wet summer so far. Yes I do hope your loft sells.
Old 06-19-2011, 08:52 AM
Punctuation Nazi

And a happy father's day to you and the Pineapple!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:59 AM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Josh, I did an autox for the first time last weekend! Was an absolute blast!
Old 06-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Advanced

Talking

That is cool dude. Are you going to continue doing autoX? I think that if I had the money for tires I would do autoX.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:01 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

First I want to wish you and all here a Happy Fathers day.
Thanks man! Same to you!

And a happy father's day to you and the Pineapple!
Thanks bro! Hope Both your Fathers Day was as good as mine. My woman got me a new video game and a surround sound headset for the online play and we sat around all day watching movies and eating... It was great to finally get some time with my family!!!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:02 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by WannabeG
Hey Josh, I did an autox for the first time last weekend! Was an absolute blast!

Thats cool man... Just checked your time... Not bad for the first time brotha! No DNF's and no cones... next time you got to push it harder and get closer to them cones!

Last edited by Evil_Pineapple; 06-20-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

So im driving to work this morning... Im in traffic on 77 north getting onto 62 west... There is a black TL-S in front of me, a black '07-'08 TL behind me and then a black TL-S goes by us in the left lane... Was there a meet this morning I didn't know about...
Old 06-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Just drive...

No plans yet so it looks good. Are you going to make this one for sure? You don't have a wedding to go to? HA HA HA! I have been going out of the country for work alot lately so I can't control that. Hey bring you trophy or pictures of you and you trophy's what did you win at the KC meet? Did Adam win anything this year?
Ha! No weddings going on that I know of! I hope to get to this one for sure since I haven't met up with all the Minneapolis peeps before. Hopefully Nyle (06TL2NV) would be able to make it as well; if we have it on a Sunday he should be able to make it.

I'll have to bring the trophy and plaques! I took home Best in Show, Best Aesthetic Mod, and People's Choice! Adam took home Runner-up for Best in Show.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:34 AM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Haha not sure if i'll do another autox. I had a lot of fun, but I don't wanna abuse my car hahaha. And tires, yea, they got a little chewed up, but nothing terrible. Mine was probably worse, I got tail happy a lot LOL
Old 06-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Punctuation Nazi

Finally got out there huh? It's a lot of fun, but yes, tires do take a beating. If you run summer tires only it's not as bad, but no-seasons will come apart in chunks.

I'm actually thinking of joining the family, I found this in Dallas and the wife loves the look: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/ctd/2449450755.html
Old 06-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Finally got out there huh? It's a lot of fun, but yes, tires do take a beating. If you run summer tires only it's not as bad, but no-seasons will come apart in chunks.

I'm actually thinking of joining the family, I found this in Dallas and the wife loves the look: http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/ctd/2449450755.html

Went from a TL to a scoobie... Now the Beamer and looking at a Nismo... I have the wrong fucking job...
Old 06-20-2011, 02:33 PM
The cake is a lie.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
Went from a TL to a scoobie... Now the Beamer and looking at a Nismo... I have the wrong fucking job...
HA HA! No shit but then again who am I to talk since 07 I have had a 99 SHO, 05 TSX, 07 TL Type-S and now an M5. Then again I am not married and have no kids so that has helped.

Travis any luck finding an adaptor for the Idrive controller in my BMW so I can play the music on my iPad?

So even though I no longer own an Acura can I still go to the meet on the 10th?
Old 06-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Punctuation Nazi

What year is your M5? The wagon hooks up my iPod, no adapters needed. Have you checked inside your center armrest? There's an audio in and a USB to charge the device.

We've done a lot of downgrading of our life recently and that frees up a lot of cash.

We have a contract on the loft, current closing is July 20, WOOT! I'll be in Mpls the weekend of the 16th to pack my schtuff and have a party.
Old 06-20-2011, 03:30 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

We've done a lot of downgrading of our life recently and that frees up a lot of cash.

I tried the easy way... I got with a white girl thinking that I would just get a better credit score and more money automatically...
Old 06-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Punctuation Nazi

This is a friend's company and my wife and I have really been attaching ourselves to this idea of living well within our means.

We look at purchases as "need or have" and then act accordingly. We also determine if it's a need, can we find a less expensive way to do it? Can we keep out of debt if we have to have it?

This is also why we have only had a single car for the last 4 years and will probably continue to until it becomes too painful not to. It's also why I will most likely end up with a 2003 350Z for $10K or a 2004 GTI for $6K instead of that Nismo.

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras