Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

I probably will I would have to talk to joe and see if he will be going.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anybody know who owns a black 3G TL with the DC sticker on the rear driver quarter window? I think I've seen him on the threads before, but I just saw his car on my side of the town tonight. Just wondering who it is...and what exhaust he is running....looked like Comptech.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
Does anybody know who owns a black 3G TL with the DC sticker on the rear driver quarter window? I think I've seen him on the threads before, but I just saw his car on my side of the town tonight. Just wondering who it is...and what exhaust he is running....looked like Comptech.
that is i! i was at the rose of no mans land tattoo. i saw your tl parked across from me. oh the exhaust is greddy evo 2
Old 08-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Boosted...

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Evil_Pineapple
nothing interesting to say. Im gonna be helping Nate (thefatcat) install his drilled/slotted rotors on Sunday... You guys gonna go to ricekiller again this coming Monday?
I'm going to go again, I will be later (closer to 8 though). You should have came this week, there was alot more cars and better variety.

I also have an idea for this month's meet...

When: August 28th
Time: 11am
Where: Carver lake, woodbury
3175 Century Avenue South
Woodbury, MN 55125

It's MNHONDAS meet, so we could crash it just like the MNSC meet last month. I'm planing on going so we could meet up before hand again and roll together.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:21 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
That sounds like a great idea!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by WBA-01
I'm going to go again, I will be later (closer to 8 though). You should have came this week, there was alot more cars and better variety.

Woodbury, MN 55125

It's MNHONDAS meet, so we could crash it just like the MNSC meet last month. I'm planing on going so we could meet up before hand again and roll together.

Im down
Old 08-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Jorge... If you havent ordered brakes yet...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=809114&page=7

Look at post #245.... Price for all 4 rotors and pads is 220.00 shipped for TL-S Limited Stock
Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Any tire connoisseurs out there? I've currently got some Bridgestone Turenza Serenity's on my car and I haven't been all that excited about them.

I've been leaning more towards getting some Goodyear Assurance ComforTred's. Well, after some research I think I've decided to bite the bullet and get the brand new TripleTred All Season's (note: not the same as the regular TripleTred's) - these are a new tire that have only been out for about a month.

Having no history, and not having much luck finding any reviews (everything seems to be older and geared towards the originals) - I'm going strictly on the raving reviews of the old, and expecting "new and improved".

Any thoughts? I can't afford to run summer/winter setups right now so I need a good all-season that can keep me going through everything
Old 08-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Land of 10,000 lakes

Received 204 Likes on 155 Posts
I'm running continental Extreme contact DWS tires and they've been pretty good for me, good in the snow too.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by blktl04
that is i! i was at the rose of no mans land tattoo. i saw your tl parked across from me. oh the exhaust is greddy evo 2
I figured you had to be there. Do you live nearby? That's the first time I've seen your Tl and thought she looked damn good!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:11 PM
Racer

Woodbury, MN 55125
Finally someone picks a day I can actually make it, and it isn't too far from my house. I'm in!
Old 08-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Advanced

Evil.....should I get caliper spray paint or the brush on kit?
Old 08-12-2011, 10:41 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nate_0022
I'm running continental Extreme contact DWS tires and they've been pretty good for me, good in the snow too.

x2 on the Continentals...love these tires so far. I had regular tripletreds on my Lincoln, they were nice too.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by thefatcat
Evil.....should I get caliper spray paint or the brush on kit?

Its up to you, I used a rattle can on mine cause they didn't have the kit for the color I wanted and I was NOT going to take the brake line off my caliper just to paint it. The brush takes longer to apply but you wont get over spray. The hold down bracket we can spray.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Advanced

Its up to you, I used a rattle can on mine cause they didn't have the kit for the color I wanted and I was NOT going to take the brake line off my caliper just to paint it. The brush takes longer to apply but you wont get over spray. The hold down bracket we can spray.

Maybe I'll just buy both and we can decide once we get into it on Sunday. Whatever I don't use, I'll just take back.

What color did you want to use that they didn't have?
Old 08-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Advanced

Talking

Look at post #245.... Price for all 4 rotors and pads is 220.00 shipped for TL-S Limited Stock
Thanks Dude it actually said $200.00 with pads.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
Finally someone picks a day I can actually make it, and it isn't too far from my house. I'm in!
I see you can only make meets in your town. All other meets you can't make.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Advanced

Talking

Woodbury, MN 55125

I'm in Joe I got to make this meet it might be the only one we get to see 05TLRIDER we all got to make this one. Besides we get to crash the Honda meet. We should get the G's to show up to. Hey Janik Bring the G crew. Hey Glow at MNSC all the G'S showed up were where you?
Old 08-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Advanced

Talking

Hey Joe call me about tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Advanced

Talking

This is the other site I was telling you about.

http://www.cquence.net/brake-rotors-c-108.html

Last edited by Takata 18; 08-12-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:14 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by thefatcat
Maybe I'll just buy both and we can decide once we get into it on Sunday. Whatever I don't use, I'll just take back.

What color did you want to use that they didn't have?

I did mine silver, I went to 4 different places and they didn't have it so I just bought the spray can. I don't care about the overspray. I covered the hub and the piston and just sprayed it. I don't have s show car anyway.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:44 PM
Advanced

Talking

So how the brake Job go Evil. Thefatcat now has shiny new rotors.
Old 08-14-2011, 07:44 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Takata 18

They look a lot better than before. I'll try to post some pics soon. I painted the calipers black and they look much better as well. The process went ok, Evil only had 1 rotor where the screws were hard to get off. We ran into a hiccup with a stripped thread but all in all it went pretty well.

Kudos to Evil Pineapple.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:26 AM
Intermediate

i know you guys are thinking of going to mnhondas meet. but i can't. there is another car show that day that is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better. wheels of italy is that day at lake calhoun. so maybe that is an option for guys also. ill be there working for my buddies shop.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by Takata 18

Like thefatcat said, It went ok. All 4 rotors had those stupid screws in them. Someone replaced the stock rotors with slotted and then oput those screws back in... ASSHOLE!!!! They all came out by hand except for the very last one. I had to drill that one out. Then, the threading for one of the front calipers was stripped so I had to call Joe to get the tap size and OF COURSE!!! my tap set did not have the one I needed. thefatcat had to go and buy a set just for the one we needed. Then everything else went smoothly until I got to the front driver side wheel, one of the wheel studs had a chunk mashed in (from my Hawaiian style hammering job) so I had to cut the thread on that. All in all it went well, just had those 2 hiccups.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:57 PM
Advanced

Talking

Like thefatcat said, It went ok. All 4 rotors had those stupid screws in them. Someone replaced the stock rotors with slotted and then oput those screws back in... ASSHOLE!!!! They all came out by hand except for the very last one. I had to drill that one out. Then, the threading for one of the front calipers was stripped so I had to call Joe to get the tap size and OF COURSE!!! my tap set did not have the one I needed. thefatcat had to go and buy a set just for the one we needed. Then everything else went smoothly until I got to the front driver side wheel, one of the wheel studs had a chunk mashed in (from my Hawaiian style hammering job) so I had to cut the thread on that. All in all it went well, just had those 2 hiccups.
So does the fatcat's car have the same tick noise that yous has? Have you spoken to the company about your noise? Have they taken care of you?
Old 08-15-2011, 01:08 PM
Advanced

Talking

Hey any one going to Killer rice meet tonight ? Call me and let me know if anyone is going.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:46 AM
I like turtles

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Quick question for you guys here in the TC. Kinda new to the forum and I'm looking at throwing some 18's on my 08 TL and lowering it. My question is, for all you with lowered rides, have you noticed a difference in ride quality? Also, this is my DD, so I'd be driving it in the winter. Any problems with a lowered ride with our s***ty streets and horid winters?

Just wanna be prepared for anything and not just jump into lowering it before i know what i'm getting myself into
Old 08-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Originally Posted by luckyjakob
Quick question for you guys here in the TC. Kinda new to the forum and I'm looking at throwing some 18's on my 08 TL and lowering it. My question is, for all you with lowered rides, have you noticed a difference in ride quality? Also, this is my DD, so I'd be driving it in the winter. Any problems with a lowered ride with our s***ty streets and horid winters?

Just wanna be prepared for anything and not just jump into lowering it before i know what i'm getting myself into
Putting lowering springs on your car no matter what type or ride height you go with is going to change the ride quality. You wont have "Luxury" anymore. My old car was a manual with a 2.5in drop and I did ok in the snow. My recommendation is to save for coilovers that way you can raise it back up in the winter time.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:40 PM
Intermediate

come on guys!!! wheels of italy! lets all go!
Old 08-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Boosted...

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by luckyjakob

Lowering will affect quality if done wrong, if done right you probably won't notice that much of a change. If your just lowering for looks get an adjustable shocks with a set of springs and set the shocks to softest setting give soft ride with lower stance. Since your also talking about new wheels i would plan on a set of snow tires for winter driving. I wouldn't drive my TL without my blizzacks in the snow. As far as the roads, it's pothole season in the spring so just watch for big holes, i have seen bent wheels even on stock setups.

Putting lowering springs on your car no matter what type or ride height you go with is going to change the ride quality. You wont have "Luxury" anymore. My old car was a manual with a 2.5in drop and I did ok in the snow. My recommendation is to save for coilovers that way you can raise it back up in the winter time.
Only thing about coilovers on winter driven cars, is you have to keep the salt off the threads of the coilovers (good luck there)or they aren't going to move the next spring when its time to lower it back down.
Old 08-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Bag it!

Got some new soles on my shoes. Couldn't afford new shoes, so I just had them resoled. lol. I haven't had much of a run with the new tires (about 3 blocks) - but I can't wait to get them out on the open road.

I ended up getting a set of the new Assurance TripleTred All Seasons. Set of 4, full alignment, and 2 new lugs ran me $916. Not too shabby. Not exactly a steal, but for what I got it wasn't so bad.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:09 PM
Advanced

Talking

Well my car is lowered and I can say I enjoy the ride. Depends on what you put on it. The more moving parts you ad to your suspention the more you can adjust but also the more you get to go wrong. The more you lower the stiffer the ride but the better the handling. I had 19" rims on my other TL and it handle great the only issue is you have to be carefull with pot holes.You can bend a rim or blow out a tire.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:11 PM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
Bag it!

Got some new soles on my shoes. Couldn't afford new shoes, so I just had them resoled. lol. I haven't had much of a run with the new tires (about 3 blocks) - but I can't wait to get them out on the open road.

I ended up getting a set of the new Assurance TripleTred All Seasons. Set of 4, full alignment, and 2 new lugs ran me $916. Not too shabby. Not exactly a steal, but for what I got it wasn't so bad.
Congrats on your resoles. when are ypou going to show up at the killerrice meets on Monday nights.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

Only thing about coilovers on winter driven cars, is you have to keep the salt off the threads of the coilovers (good luck there)or they aren't going to move the next spring when its time to lower it back down.

good point, I was actually thinking about the coilovers lately and thought about what im going to do with my car... its not a track car so I dont need top of the line ,special parts... I used the TEIN S-Techs and KYB-AGX on my last car and I was just fine in the snow. Im looking at getting the TEIN springs for my TL right now.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new here and jut aquired my 05 TL 6-spd today. I sold my 8th civic SI for this as I need a bigger car and more torque. My civic SI i built is quick but lost interest as the cams I put in the car was not what I expected of it. I got the civic to make 225whp (250hp) and it does do good agaist stage 2 srt, evo x, and other srts on the road. Trapping 98mph vs 91mph stock. But enough, I'm loving the TL and how well it does in first gear, so much torque. My inital plans for this car is to eventually do a custom fab turbo to get somewhere around 400-450whp. I know coming from a 8th 2.0L, on stock internals, 450 was still safe. But lets get to some points I want to talk about here for some TL owners in the cities. I was reading up on navigation hack and no one seems to be able to help me over 3 days of posting. Anyone in the twin cities want to help me?
Old 08-19-2011, 07:42 AM
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by bouncer07
Hey guys, I'm new here and jut aquired my 05 TL 6-spd today. I sold my 8th civic SI for this as I need a bigger car and more torque. My civic SI i built is quick but lost interest as the cams I put in the car was not what I expected of it. I got the civic to make 225whp (250hp) and it does do good agaist stage 2 srt, evo x, and other srts on the road. Trapping 98mph vs 91mph stock. But enough, I'm loving the TL and how well it does in first gear, so much torque. My inital plans for this car is to eventually do a custom fab turbo to get somewhere around 400-450whp. I know coming from a 8th 2.0L, on stock internals, 450 was still safe. But lets get to some points I want to talk about here for some TL owners in the cities. I was reading up on navigation hack and no one seems to be able to help me over 3 days of posting. Anyone in the twin cities want to help me?
Thre are in the drums some DIY alot of guys put alot of information you just have to search for what you are looking for. Nitro used to be here in the TC he would be a good guy to talk to.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:03 AM
Don't feed the...WTF?

As for the Navi Hack - are you not finding the instructions on how to do it, or are you having problems actually doing it? I did it to mine, wasn't too bad of an issue. Although I did have to burn the disc a few times before I got all the settings right (Nero does weird shit to CD's sometimes)
Old 08-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Pineapple of DOOM!!!!

I hate this car and I love it....

I Love it cause its cool looking, Its got decent power, It fits my kids....

I hate it cause upgrading it is so fucking EXPENSIVE!!!!!! and you get minimal performance enhancement...

On to another topic... Anybody here ever sea foam their engine?
Old 08-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 140 Posts
It's alot better if i have the burned CD... that way it's faster. Anyone have the cd?

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras