Midwest Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, Ohio & Wisconsin

Twin Cities Acuras

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rockfallsraceway.com
Old 05-20-2009, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
I could probably be talked into that one! Got any more details? Website or something?
rockfallsraceway.com
Old 05-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Instructor

Eibach Suspension Install

Hey guys,

I am buying the Eibach Pro-System-Plus Kit (Pro-Kit, Pro-Damper Kit & Anti-Roll Kit), Pro-Alignment Kit (rear adj arm -2. / +4. degrees of adjustment) and Pro-Alignment Kit (front +1.5 / +3 degrees of adjustment). Do you guys have any recommendations on where I should go to get these products installed? I would like to go to a reputable shop were they have a lot of experience in suspension work.

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2009, 03:55 PM
Advanced

Received 45 Likes on 45 Posts
Talking

Yes I am interested on the drag race. Let me know more. information.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Takata 18
Yes I am interested on the drag race. Let me know more. information.
just go to rockfallsraceway.com and click on sport compact and the info should be there.

oh takata how did that air ram intake go?
Old 05-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Originally Posted by Carmodifier
Hey guys,

I am buying the Eibach Pro-System-Plus Kit (Pro-Kit, Pro-Damper Kit & Anti-Roll Kit), Pro-Alignment Kit (rear adj arm -2. / +4. degrees of adjustment) and Pro-Alignment Kit (front +1.5 / +3 degrees of adjustment). Do you guys have any recommendations on where I should go to get these products installed? I would like to go to a reputable shop were they have a lot of experience in suspension work.

Thanks!
Check thealignmentguy.com, I believe that he does work on cars other than just alignments, and he is the best there is for alignments in the twin cities. His rates are also really good.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:59 PM
8th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im goin on the 31st. Taking my rims off and removing my sub and spare lol

shooting for faster than 14.9. I know my car is way more capable.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:08 PM

i know am heading out there, but i dont know if i can get the integra ready by then, but if i do go am shooting for low to mid 14's
Old 05-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Instructor

Exclamation Meet - Installs & Cruise!!!

Would you guys be down in helping me install my Eibach Pro-System-Plus Kit, Pro-Alignment Kit and Excelerate Performance Custom Aluminum Radiator? How does a meet at Takata's sound again? Do some installs and go for a cruise like our previous meet...

That's only if Takata is cool with it!
Old 05-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Would you guys be down in helping me install my Eibach Pro-System-Plus Kit, Pro-Alignment Kit and Excelerate Performance Custom Aluminum Radiator? How does a meet at Takata's sound again? Do some installs and go for a cruise like our previous meet...

So, you're wanting help installing springs, camber kit, and a radiator?
Old 05-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by asujosh1
So, you're wanting help installing springs, camber kit, and a radiator?
Correct! Springs, struts, sway bars, alignment & radiator
Old 05-21-2009, 12:00 AM
8th Gear

Def doable.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by WannabeG
Def doable.
that maybe true but is takata willing to?
Old 05-21-2009, 11:57 AM
T-Swzy

jorge just stands around and mans the grill haha. which, to be fair, is still infinitely more than what i do
Old 05-21-2009, 12:15 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So I got my 09 TL loaner today. Nice and comfy, but it lacks the sportiness that the 3G has.

Apparently my car has an "internal failure" that they cannot find. Said it was going to take 2 weeks to repair the navi, and cost me roughly $450. I told them that they must have forgotten about the warranty I told them about when I dropped it off. They said they'd call me back.

Now they say I will have a new navi by tomorrow no charge. sweet.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GLowrdr
So I got my 09 TL loaner today. Nice and comfy, but it lacks the sportiness that the 3G has.

Apparently my car has an "internal failure" that they cannot find. Said it was going to take 2 weeks to repair the navi, and cost me roughly $450. I told them that they must have forgotten about the warranty I told them about when I dropped it off. They said they'd call me back.

Now they say I will have a new navi by tomorrow no charge. sweet.
What do you mean warranty? Yuoare out of warranty by now.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Nope - got another 3 years / 32,xxx miles left on it.

My AcuraCare card says 02/03/2011 or 100k miles. Still got plenty of time left on either of them. That's the benefit of buying a CPO vehcle. I bought it when it was just over a year old, but I get 60k more in warranty because it was "certified" (I guess certified is better than new or something... )
Old 05-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Talked to the body shop yesterday, looking at mid-end of next week to get the scoob back. It'll definitely be nice to get her back, the Altima is nice and all, but a scooby it is not.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Pro

Saw a black one parked downtown White Bear a few minutes ago. It looks way better in person out on the street. The front shield is still ugly though.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:29 PM
8th Gear

My friends mom got pulled over in EP today. Was given a tint ticket for the windows on her 06 Avalon.

She had them applied at the DEALER and had 50% put on, but it registered at 45% so he cited her.

Wtf. Now legal tint is not even safe.

If i get pulled over and cited, im gonna be like "wtf do you want me to do? You give me a ticket, i put the legal shit on, then you pull me over again and give me another ticket because the LEGAL is too dark. They DONT make 60% tint, and im not driving aorund with see through windows and $1000 worth of stereo equipment just out visible. I want SOME privacy."
Old 05-21-2009, 04:32 PM

My friends mom got pulled over in EP today. Was given a tint ticket for the windows on her 06 Avalon.

She had them applied at the DEALER and had 50% put on, but it registered at 45% so he cited her.

If i get pulled over and cited, im gonna be like "wtf do you want me to do? You give me a ticket, i put the legal shit on, then you pull me over again and give me another ticket because the LEGAL is too dark. They DONT make 60% tint, and im not driving aorund with see through windows and $1000 worth of stereo equipment just out visible. I want SOME privacy."

thats just stupid. i just think that cops just don't know the shades.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Punctuation Nazi

The law is not about what % you had put on, it is about what % of light transfers through the glass. The 50% tint you apply allows 50% of the light through, but that is the tint ALONE, that does not incorporate any loss due to the glass itself. Not to mention that the people making the law don't give a shit what the %-ages made are, they are just saying that 50% is the amount of light you are allowed to block.

Also, you have to realize that just because you don't know the law, it does not excuse you from being held to it. Your best bet is to find out what the law is, then when you break it, you are doing so knowingly and can only be pissed at yourself.

If you want the law changed, write to your rep and your senator that you want it to be changed, get a bunch of other people to do the same. Signing some internet petition does abso-fucking-lutely NOTHING. Pick up the phone, write a letter, get off your ass and DO something.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:51 PM
8th Gear

^i have wrote a letter. Did not do anything. it takes quite a few people writing letters to get anywhere.

And apparently when you tell a shop or dealer ect, that you want LEGAL tint, you dont get LEGAL tint. You get legal tint+ what your windows read.

Your car should be allowed to have its stock tint+ 50%.

They dont make 55% tint so you are right at 50%. So that makes the law null and bullshit because anyone that tints their windows LEGALLY is still breaking the law.

Its a fucked up law that needs some looking over. And, i do know this law. its 50% on all windows except the windshield.

But there is no possible way to get it RIGHT at 50%.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Punctuation Nazi

^i have wrote a letter. Did not do anything. it takes quite a few people writing letters to get anywhere.

And apparently when you tell a shop or dealer ect, that you want LEGAL tint, you dont get LEGAL tint. You get legal tint+ what your windows read.

Your car should be allowed to have its stock tint+ 50%.

They dont make 55% tint so you are right at 50%. So that makes the law null and bullshit because anyone that tints their windows LEGALLY is still breaking the law.

Its a fucked up law that needs some looking over. And, i do know this law. its 50% on all windows except the windshield.

But there is no possible way to get it RIGHT at 50%.
You are exactly right that there is no way to get to 50% tint, because they dont make 55%. This also means that anyone putting 50% on their car is not tinting their car LEGALLY as you put it, they are breaking the law. The tint laws are usually pretty strongly contested by the cops since they are the ones that have to walk up to the car that they cannot see into, and really, I want them to be as at-ease as is possible when they pull me over.

This is why I say to put 20% on your car and then when you get pulled over, you already know you are going to get a ticket for it, and you get to enjoy the tint you want instead of some 50% that makes no difference.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:32 PM
8th Gear

You just get noticed more. 50% is completley see through though. Thats why i dont get 50%, and why they would care about 40 percent even. It is completley see through. There is no way to hide anything with it.

Checked the law again. its 50% +/- 3 percent.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Punctuation Nazi

Where did you find the +/- 3%? That's the first I have ever heard about that.

Usually, if you aren't being a jackass, they aren't going to light you up for tint unless they are really bored.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:52 PM
8th Gear

Where did you find the +/- 3%? That's the first I have ever heard about that.

Usually, if you aren't being a jackass, they aren't going to light you up for tint unless they are really bored.
169.71 WINDSHIELD.

Subdivision 1.Prohibitions generally; exceptions.

(a) A person shall not drive or operate any motor vehicle with:
(1) a windshield cracked or discolored to an extent to limit or obstruct proper vision;
(2) any objects suspended between the driver and the windshield, other than sun visors and rearview mirrors and electronic toll collection devices; or
(3) any sign, poster, or other nontransparent material upon the front windshield, sidewings, or side or rear windows of the vehicle, other than a certificate or other paper required to be so displayed by law or authorized by the state director of the Division of Emergency Management or the commissioner of public safety.
(b) Paragraph (a), clauses (2) and (3), do not apply to law enforcement vehicles.
(c) Paragraph (a), clause (2), does not apply to authorized emergency vehicles.

Subd. 2.Windshield wiper.

The windshield on every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a device for cleaning rain, snow or other moisture from the windshield, which device shall be so constructed as to be controlled or operated by the driver of the vehicle.

Subd. 3.Defrosting requirement.

No person shall drive any motor vehicle with the windshield or front side windows covered with steam or frost to such an extent as to prevent proper vision.

Subd. 4. Glazing material; prohibitions and exceptions.

(a) No person shall drive or operate any motor vehicle required to be registered in the state of Minnesota upon any street or highway under the following conditions:
(1) when the windshield is composed of, covered by, or treated with any material which has the effect of making the windshield more reflective or in any other way reducing light transmittance through the windshield;
(2) when any window on the vehicle is composed of, covered by, or treated with any material that has a highly reflective or mirrored appearance;
(3) when any side window or rear window is composed of or treated with any material so as to obstruct or substantially reduce the driver's clear view through the window or has a light transmittance of less than 50 percent plus or minus three percent in the visible light range or a luminous reflectance of more than 20 percent plus or minus three percent; or
(4) when any material has been applied after August 1, 1985, to any motor vehicle window without an accompanying permanent marking which indicates the percent of transmittance and the percent of reflectance afforded by the material. The marking must be in a manner so as not to obscure vision and be readable when installed on the vehicle.
(b) This subdivision does not apply to glazing materials which:
(1) have not been modified since the original installation, nor to original replacement windows and windshields, that were originally installed or replaced in conformance with Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 205;
(2) are required to satisfy prescription or medical needs of the driver of the vehicle or a passenger if:
(i) the driver or passenger is in possession of the prescription or a physician's statement of medical need;
(ii) the prescription or statement specifically states the minimum percentage that light transmittance may be reduced to satisfy the prescription or medical needs of the patient; and
(iii) the prescription or statement contains an expiration date, which must be no more than two years after the date the prescription or statement was issued; or
(3) are applied to:
(i) the rear windows of a pickup truck as defined in section 168.002, subdivision 26;
(ii) the rear windows or the side windows on either side behind the driver's seat of a van as defined in section 168.002, subdivision 40;
(iii) the side and rear windows of a vehicle used to transport human remains by a funeral establishment holding a license under section 149A.50;
(iv) the side and rear windows of a limousine as defined in section 168.002, subdivision 15; or
(v) the rear and side windows of a police vehicle.
And this woman is 50 years old. Nice as hell, and is driving a Toyota Avalon. I doubt she was being a jackass to him.

He is the same cop thats givin me 2 tint tickets, my friend 7 (he refuses to remove it) and countless others on mnsportfail.

He is a tint nazi and HATES it.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:36 PM
Punctuation Nazi

So, what did he light her up for? I doubt he saw her Avalon with 50% tint and said, "I bet that will measure out at 46%". I'll bet he stopped her for something and just got her for the tint as a 'bonus'. It's not uncommon for cops to pull over someone for one thing and write them for something else. You'd be amazed at how many killers, rapists, drug dealers, etc. are pulled over and busted for some stupid traffic infraction.

Think of it what you will, but legal is legal, and illegal is illegal. You posted yourself that she was outside the boundaries set forth in the law. You also indicated that you yourself and your buddy are all outside the law. We, as in you and I, pay him to enforce the laws of the state, if he has a hard-on for tint, then you had better not be illegal with him around. It is not in his job description to decide which laws he wants to enforce on any given day, that is what the courts are there for.

Basically, with the law the way it is, there is really no reason to have tint on your car. Factory windows have a UV filter on them, so any tint is essentially a waste of money if you want to be legal. I guess I don't understand why you are upset, it's like being all pissed off that you got stopped for going 75 in a 40, or 45 in a 40, either way, you know the law, and you broke it, deal with the consequences.

Understand, I do not like the law, but I know what it is, and I knowingly installed tint on my windows. I have gotten a ticket for it, but that's the price of doing business. I want the tint on my windows and I am willing to pay the price if someone decides to pull me over for it. I'm not going to get all pissed off because I got caught doing something that I knew was wrong. I'm just saying, you should look at why you are pissed off.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Punctuation Nazi

BTW, where does this guy work so that I can stay out of his jurisdiction?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:50 PM
8th Gear

So, what did he light her up for? I doubt he saw her Avalon with 50% tint and said, "I bet that will measure out at 46%". I'll bet he stopped her for something and just got her for the tint as a 'bonus'. It's not uncommon for cops to pull over someone for one thing and write them for something else. You'd be amazed at how many killers, rapists, drug dealers, etc. are pulled over and busted for some stupid traffic infraction.

Think of it what you will, but legal is legal, and illegal is illegal. You posted yourself that she was outside the boundaries set forth in the law. You also indicated that you yourself and your buddy are all outside the law. We, as in you and I, pay him to enforce the laws of the state, if he has a hard-on for tint, then you had better not be illegal with him around. It is not in his job description to decide which laws he wants to enforce on any given day, that is what the courts are there for.

Basically, with the law the way it is, there is really no reason to have tint on your car. Factory windows have a UV filter on them, so any tint is essentially a waste of money if you want to be legal. I guess I don't understand why you are upset, it's like being all pissed off that you got stopped for going 75 in a 40, or 45 in a 40, either way, you know the law, and you broke it, deal with the consequences.

Understand, I do not like the law, but I know what it is, and I knowingly installed tint on my windows. I have gotten a ticket for it, but that's the price of doing business. I want the tint on my windows and I am willing to pay the price if someone decides to pull me over for it. I'm not going to get all pissed off because I got caught doing something that I knew was wrong. I'm just saying, you should look at why you are pissed off.
You obviously dont know this cop. He pulls people over allll the time for JUST tint. If it looks too dark, he pulls you over. Today was pretty cloudy so it probably looked darker.

And i dont think you seem to get it. They had the tint installed at the dealer who told them it was legal. They just didnt count the factory tint (and there was 5% of it on the Avalon)

This cop needs some common sense instead of just being a nazi about everything. Law or not. Look at it this way. Do they make 45% tint? No.

BUT, this partoclar person wanted to abide by the law, so they put LEGAL tint on.

Its not like you or i who put darker tint on from the begining. They wanted the legal limit.

Why is that so difficult for this guy to understand?
Eden Prairie. Dont come around here. If you do, roll your windows down.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:15 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

They had the tint installed at the dealer who told them it was legal. They just didnt count the factory tint (and there was 5% of it on the Avalon)
I completely get both sides, and sometimes I think I should have been a lawyer - I love starting shit for no reason...lol

I see where your coming from, but at the same time - dealership or not, there was some mis-information given about whether or not the tint would be legal. It would be like me telling you to go to your neighbors house and take his car for a drive around the block "cause he won't mind". Well - he called the cops. You can't really say "Glow said he didn't care" as much as you can't say "the dealer said it was legal"

Argument aside though, that cop's a dick! Doing his job rightfully so, but still a dick.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:57 AM

i like the way you think josh haha thats why i stay in blaine or coon rapids haha
Old 05-22-2009, 08:00 AM
Punctuation Nazi

I completely get both sides, and sometimes I think I should have been a lawyer - I love starting shit for no reason...lol

I see where your coming from, but at the same time - dealership or not, there was some mis-information given about whether or not the tint would be legal. It would be like me telling you to go to your neighbors house and take his car for a drive around the block "cause he won't mind". Well - he called the cops. You can't really say "Glow said he didn't care" as much as you can't say "the dealer said it was legal"

Argument aside though, that cop's a dick! Doing his job rightfully so, but still a dick.
Glow is dead on, it doesn't matter who did what, or what they told you, the fact of the matter is that it is NOT legal. There are lots of grey areas of the law, this is not one of them.

I also agree with you and Glow that the cop is being a dick. He has the opportunity to allow her to slide, or not, and he is deciding to not. Just like the cop that writes a speeding ticket for 42 in a 40. But, dickishness aside, he's still doing his job and enforcing the laws.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Advanced

Talking

We could do it but it has to be planned in advance. Also help from vevryone would be great so we have time to BS and cruise. Who is coming to help? As far as alignment you are better of going to the Alignmen Guy.

Last edited by Takata 18; 05-22-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:49 AM
Broke college grad

Originally Posted by phitech
i like the way you think josh haha thats why i stay in blaine or coon rapids haha
fo shooo. Blaine cops are chilll
Old 05-22-2009, 08:48 PM
fu

so i went to the azine page.. saw this. first i noticed that 3 of the 5 pages were of guns, and then i noticed that 5 out of 5 were by the same guy.. that seems statistically impossible.. that one guy got 5 of the 5 albums at the top of the page?
Old 05-22-2009, 09:48 PM
8th Gear

Glow is dead on, it doesn't matter who did what, or what they told you, the fact of the matter is that it is NOT legal. There are lots of grey areas of the law, this is not one of them.

I also agree with you and Glow that the cop is being a dick. He has the opportunity to allow her to slide, or not, and he is deciding to not. Just like the cop that writes a speeding ticket for 42 in a 40. But, dickishness aside, he's still doing his job and enforcing the laws.
Yep, he is a guy not known for letting people go with anything. Even when they intentionally WANTED to be legal.

Stupid law.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

Slepy - I've been seeing that a lot lately. Think something is going on with their file host or something. I've seen where they are all the same 5 pictures even
Old 05-24-2009, 12:52 AM
8th Gear

^Does the same thing on the G forum.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:53 AM
Broke college grad

Anybody watch UFC 98

Quick Reply: Twin Cities Acuras