Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

360, XO, PS3, PS4: Destiny

Old 09-23-2014, 11:34 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by TSXy Luster
^^ Why didn't you just buy legendary gear?
Because I wanted to wait for Xur and buy what Xur is selling so I don't waste crucible marks
Old 09-23-2014, 11:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Yeeeep. I don't play online with enough people. And this game makes it difficult to join random strangers since we can speak.

Crucible is fun though. Feels like halo. I'll be putting green most of my time there until my buddy is in the 20s so we can tag team the weeklys and events like queens wrath
Old 09-24-2014, 12:18 AM
Goodbye.

Received 584 Likes on 423 Posts
Originally Posted by usdmJON
Yeeeep. I don't play online with enough people. And this game makes it difficult to join random strangers since we can speak.

Crucible is fun though. Feels like halo. I'll be putting green most of my time there until my buddy is in the 20s so we can tag team the weeklys and events like queens wrath
WHAT?
Old 09-24-2014, 01:15 AM

You don't have to speak with them
Old 09-24-2014, 08:25 AM
Race Director

Received 3,824 Likes on 2,847 Posts
I'm not high enough level I want to play it so badly.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:26 AM
Race Director

This game's multiplayer feels NOTHING like Halo.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Goodbye.

WELP, a team just beat the raid in 37 minutes. New World Record!

5 hunters and 1 warlock. Tell me again that Hunters aren't OP lol.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:45 PM
Suzuka Master

WELP, a team just beat the raid in 37 minutes. New World Record!

5 hunters and 1 warlock. Tell me again that Hunters aren't OP lol.
Damn. Well hey at least a warlock helped out. I think I need to get into the sun slinger class. I tend to be more supporting while in strikes since I tend to stay back and focus on minions and reviving team mates... or simple running back into cover when both allies go down. Sun slinger would help a lot here.

But I love void walker for the crucible and soloing missions. Does damage.

As for the not speaking thing. How do you communicate simple things like telling get someone how to farm look properly or that you want to do the Queens wrath missions? All you can do is join fire team and no one ever seems to join without knowing what you're doing... is there a better way I am missing? I'm fine playing with strangers like in strike play lists but I don't have an actual goto fireteam.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:52 PM
Goodbye.

Warlock was most likely there for the Sunsinger Fireborn ability to make sure they kept progress alive if everyone else died.
Sometimes I wish I didn't have to always be the Sunsinger Fireborn in my group lol. My unlimited Nova Bombs Voidwalker build is much more fun to play.

I use both subclasses in the Crucible, but can dominate matches single-handedly with Sunsinger. Not so with Voidwalker.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Race Director

Okay so for the sake of ranking up last night I played some more PVP...

To my surprise, I enjoyed it a lot more, my reasoning being that, the maps were much more open in 6v6, which worked to my advantage of having the end-game Scout Rifle.

Then I did some loot cave grinding, got a bunch of new weapons and went back to PVP, this time armed with an Auto Rifle and Shotgun, much better combo for a lot of these maps. I dominated a few times, only having a really bad run on the Moon level with the Pikes, everyone and their mother was using them.

During all that, I got a crucible bounty done, an achievement for killing 25 Titans, and two of the Queen's bounties. Now I just need to do her mission, but I'm at level 24 and it still says Very Hard
Old 09-25-2014, 11:03 AM
Suzuka Master

It will always say very hard. Even if you are the level it suggests.

I tried alone... I was hoping the game would match me with 2 others. Nope. Just throws you in. 3 Difficulty modifiers and it's set at very hard. Nuuuuts.
I entered it 3 times until it put me on a familiar mission.... the gate lords head retrieval. Damn vex could kill me with 3 shots. I'm lvl22.

There may be an answer for the likes of us without a lot of gaming friends... sadly I have a few but they have moved on to next generation consoles and I don't care to.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/09/03/destiny-fans-taking-friends-only-raid-matchmaking-into-their-own-hands/

There are 2 sites up now....
One for anyone needing friends to raid with and another for the Dads that play destiny. Hahaha
Pretty cool. Wonder if I can fake having some children. Hahahahaha
Old 09-25-2014, 11:44 AM
Goodbye.

Originally Posted by usdmJON
It will always say very hard. Even if you are the level it suggests.
Not true. The lowest it will go is Hard, but the original story will always be Normal.

For example, when I was lvl 22, a 28 mission would be labeled Impossible. As I leveled up, it turned into Very Hard, and now Hard. Even a level 3 mission is labeled Hard to me at 27 lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by TSXy Luster:
Undying Dreams (09-25-2014), usdmJON (09-25-2014)
Old 09-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Race Director

So I could, with some patience, complete it on my own, yay!

I want Legendary gear so badly lol
Old 09-25-2014, 12:36 PM
Goodbye.

Yes.

I beat the final story mission at level 26 when I was level 24. Just took a longer time. You'll be fine doing a 24 mission at 24. Just pay attention to the modifiers.
The following users liked this post:
Undying Dreams (09-25-2014)
Old 09-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Race Director

Sweet, thank you!
Old 09-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Not true. The lowest it will go is Hard, but the original story will always be Normal.

For example, when I was lvl 22, a 28 mission would be labeled Impossible. As I leveled up, it turned into Very Hard, and now Hard. Even a level 3 mission is labeled Hard to me at 27 lol.

REALLY. Well that is good news, glad I am wrong here!

In saying you finished the final mission on your own... is that anything like attempting Queens Wrath on your own??
If I do some more crucible, finish the story missions, and a little loot farming before October 4th I should be high enough to complete Queens Wrath alone... IF the formerly mentioned final mission is anything like it.

I assumed Queens Wrath was much harder than any of the story missions, though I stopped story missions after the first trip to Mars to let my buddy catch up.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:06 PM

For those that don't know, Queen's Wrath is actually a random mission, but harder. If you can play Queen's Wrath, I find that the Venus mission where you fight the 3 statues is the hardest of the bunch. The trick that many people do is just exit to orbit if they don't like the mission and just choose Queen's Wrath again and it will be a different mission.

I played Queen's Wrath twice and was lucky enough to get a legendary helmet and body armor.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:08 PM
Race Director

Hard to base difficulty mission to mission, it really depends on what level the enemies are at and what modifiers they might have.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:11 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
For those that don't know, Queen's Wrath is actually a random mission, but harder. If you can play Queen's Wrath, I find that the Venus mission where you fight the 3 statues is the hardest of the bunch. The trick that many people do is just exit to orbit if they don't like the mission and just choose Queen's Wrath again and it will be a different mission.

I played Queen's Wrath twice and was lucky enough to get a legendary helmet and body armor.
Awesome!! The final mission on Venus isn't too bad if you hide under the walkways on the right or left. I just constantly checked my corners and hit the big guys when it was clear. I completed that mission on my own too.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Thats what I tried. First attempt put me in a mission I never even tried before on Mars so I went back to orbit. Tried again and was put on the Gate Lords Head. I wanted to do that once since I have done that missions literally 5 times alone now since the game kept pushing me offline right before the cutscene at the end and I really wanted to watch my warlock tell the Awoken to suck it. haha
That mission ended up being a lot of fun just booking it from gate to gate not even batting an eye at the enemies. Just bombing the gates and double jumping away. lol I was doing that on Hard alone, which is really easy now, but on the queens wrath, fuck that. lol

I'm going to level up some more and put some hours into the crucible, which I am really enjoying. It feels to me like Halo. Then a few days before queens wrath goes offline Ill start attempting it again... hopefully with my buddy if he can level up in time. I feel the two of us can finish her missions... so as long as he gets to level 22 or more.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:24 PM

Also, another note on the Queen's mission is that the legendary reward at the end is not guaranteed if you're playing with a friend. So don't be surprised if you don't receive an item and your friend receives one at the end of the mission. I believe it's a guarantee legendary item if you play by yourself. Although one time my team was lucky and all 3 of us received a legendary item. Not so lucky for my other friend who teamed up with an afk and didn't receive an item but the afk guy got the item, hahaha. Most of my friends did the Queen's Wrath mission on their own and they all got themselves a legendary item.
The following 2 users liked this post by mdkxtreme:
Costco (09-25-2014), Undying Dreams (09-25-2014)
Old 09-25-2014, 01:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Damn okay I need to do it on my own then. I must have just received a real tough modifier the time I tried. Though I was 22 and it wanted 24 so that could have something to do with it.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:31 PM

Btw, TSXy Luster, what do you mainly do now that you've completed pretty much everything on Destiny? My buddies and I reached level 27 and we're starting to feel like we hit a plateau. There's not much motivation left to play other than the weekly stuff and raid. Right now I'm just waiting for the rest of my friends to reach level 26 so we can hit raid.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:32 PM
Race Director

Thanks, mdk!
Old 09-25-2014, 02:00 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
PvP?

The game is built like an MMO... point is to keep grinding it out. They'll continue to add content. The people reaching (current) end game content is a very small group.

I find free for all is a great game mode to sharpen your reflexes and get a feel for PvP combat. Always be moving, and be aware of people on your radar. Honestly makes the game a little cheap, IMO. I always preferred CoD's system where you only show up on radar when firing an unsilenced weapon.

You should never be "surprised" at close range by anyone in Destiny. Unless it's a cloaked Hunter.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Costco
I always preferred CoD's system where you only show up on radar when firing an unsilenced weapon.

You should never be "surprised" at close range by anyone in Destiny. Unless it's a cloaked Hunter.
This. I also feel like this radar feature is really cheap. There are many moments where both me and the enemy are waiting for each other around the corner because we know from the radar where each other is. CoD gives us that element of surprised in finding the enemy.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:27 PM

This. I also feel like this radar feature is really cheap. There are many moments where both me and the enemy are waiting for each other around the corner because we know from the radar where each other is. CoD gives us that element of surprised in finding the enemy.
Exactly.

In CoD, you could do some serious damage with a silenced SMG + ninja perk if you snuck behind enemy lines. Usually one or two people catch on in Destiny even in an intense firefight. I guess it's sorta balanced by how quickly a super could wreak havoc, and how maps have multiple levels.

I missed spamming the killfeed in CoD...
Old 09-25-2014, 02:45 PM

RIP Loot Cave. I guess I made this gif for no reason : DestinyTheGame

background:

RIP Treasure Cave : DestinyTheGame
Old 09-25-2014, 03:04 PM
Race Director

Oh well, wasn't a very good cave to me.

They said in their statement that loot rewards will be increased. So hopefully more rewards from redoing missions and playing online.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Goodbye.

Also, another note on the Queen's mission is that the legendary reward at the end is not guaranteed if you're playing with a friend. So don't be surprised if you don't receive an item and your friend receives one at the end of the mission. I believe it's a guarantee legendary item if you play by yourself. Although one time my team was lucky and all 3 of us received a legendary item. Not so lucky for my other friend who teamed up with an afk and didn't receive an item but the afk guy got the item, hahaha. Most of my friends did the Queen's Wrath mission on their own and they all got themselves a legendary item.
Actually, I believe you get one legendary item per Queen's orders you have in your inventory. If you do not have one, you do not get anything.

I'm pissed they stopped letting you dismantle Queen's legendary items for Ascendant materials now. Such BS!

Don't care about loot cave death. Never used it, never needed it. Boring.

Btw, TSXy Luster, what do you mainly do now that you've completed pretty much everything on Destiny? My buddies and I reached level 27 and we're starting to feel like we hit a plateau. There's not much motivation left to play other than the weekly stuff and raid. Right now I'm just waiting for the rest of my friends to reach level 26 so we can hit raid.
I've not really completed everything lol. Still got raid on hard mode, get to lvl 30, search for better loot, try to get the biggest dance party ever, complete a fifa match in the tower, etc... Basically just the same stuff I did for Diablo. Friends also help keep it fun.

Destiny to me is more of a dungeon crawler than a mmo.

And just like Diablo, TONS of NERFS are coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, if you've got an exploit do it now or cry later.

Last edited by TSXy Luster; 09-25-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:10 PM
Suzuka Master

LAME!!!! I loved that cave. Sure I never got a legendary from it. But it really drove up my glimmer. When I realized that the cave wasnt dropping seeds or whatever for the queens wrath bounty I thought bounty was smart as hell.

I ended up just spamming a building of my own. Walking backwards makes enemies respond almost instantly. Thought its not as easy to take them all out I hit the 200 kills bounty within 5-10 minutes.

I hope for more rewards. I havent done many crucible missions, but I have not once won any engrams. Once being the top of my team and a few times now being on the winning team. Almost always a positive k/d. Hmmmmm

I have all rare gear, so at least im not stuck where my buddy is with all uncommon gear when the cave was neutered.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:42 PM
Race Director

The best thing I got from all my crucible matches last night was the orange shader
Old 09-25-2014, 05:13 PM
Goodbye.

Looks like Destiny servers are being DDoSed by a hacker group, the same one that forced a plane down with a fake bomb threat because Sony's executive was on it.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Bastards
Old 09-25-2014, 11:23 PM
Goodbye.

Currently have 3 exotic weapon bounties, about to finish 2 of them. I dislike how they take up bounty slots
Old 09-26-2014, 08:53 AM
Goodbye.

FYI Xur is selling the best auto rifle in the game this weekend. If you use AR, get it. You'll see it as the only AR being used this weekend in the Crucible lol.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:20 AM

Currently have 3 exotic weapon bounties, about to finish 2 of them. I dislike how they take up bounty slots
FYI Xur is selling the best auto rifle in the game this weekend. If you use AR, get it. You'll see it as the only AR being used this weekend in the Crucible lol.
Oh shit, you can get more than one exotic bounty? Though I really wanted the Invictus if anything... the pulse rifle you can get is interesting too, though it seems like it doesn't have enough bullets. Not an issue with the lightning fast reload on kill, I guess.

been meaning to try an auto rifle in crucible.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:38 AM
Goodbye.

There's a new loot cave available, if you are into that boring s***
Old 09-26-2014, 10:45 AM

I used the loot cave once. It was boring as shit. I just needed a couple of strange coins before Xur left, plus my friends really wanted to do it. Might as well post it up though

Super-grindy things like cave farming makes a game get old real fast.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Costco
I used the loot cave once. It was boring as shit. I just needed a couple of strange coins before Xur left, plus my friends really wanted to do it. Might as well post it up though

Super-grindy things like cave farming makes a game get old real fast.
I need to play more video games
I've only had one day to play since even knowing about that first cave.

I had maybe an hour in it. I thought it was boring, never got a legendary, nor anything ever better than what I had.

Though it was not boring when that back door opened up and the 4 or 5 of us got surprised by major after ultra after major. I've not seen anything like that outside of the strikes that I have done. THAT was fun and unexpected.

Quick Reply: 360, XO, PS3, PS4: Destiny