Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

360, XO, PS3, PS4: Destiny

Old 10-27-2015, 07:44 AM
UA6
Safety Car

Received 700 Likes on 438 Posts
Finally cleared hard mode Oryx last night. Got the 320 scout rifle I'd been trying to get in normal mode.
The following 2 users liked this post by UA6:
#1 STUNNA (11-17-2015), usdmJON (10-29-2015)
Old 10-29-2015, 09:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Niiiice. My group isnt even willing to try Oryx Hard Mode. Really bugging me.

Last night we did Oryx NM in like 45 minutes. Flawless totums, flawless war priest, flawless golgoroth. We've got this down.

We can do hard mode up to Oryx no issues as well. Last night we finished off War Priest Hard Mode in only two plates. Thats HALF the allowed time. Yet once we get to Oryx HM they all just leave and want to get to the same spot with their other characters.

So far this week we got our best characters to Oryx. As well our worst characters all the way through NM Oryx. So all we have left is our middle character. We are going to push through our middle characters to Oryx then swap to our best. Than FINALLY attempt him with whatever time we have left.

I am busy all weekend being Halloween weekend and all. So what we dont finish tonight wont be finished before the reset.

Im figuring we wont have time to do Oryx tonight but next week there will be NO EXCUSES.

I already have 1 character to 311, my middle character at 307, and my worst alt is at 305. All without defeating HM Oryx yet. lol
Old 11-15-2015, 07:49 PM
UA6
Safety Car

You guys just have to jump in and try it. We literally spent two or three 5 hour sessions just on Oryx before we finally got it.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by UA6
You guys just have to jump in and try it. We literally spent two or three 5 hour sessions just on Oryx before we finally got it.
My main group tried it ONCE while I was at work. They tried for a few hours and couldnt get it. The random guy they had helping was only 302 so they all blame it on him but I know better. They just couldnt pull together a good co op run. We have those nights.

I got discouraged from trying to do the hard raid with my main group because we had one guy, the guy ive been playing destiny with the longest, that would just BITCH AND BITCH after every loot drop. Got to the point where I felt the need to speak up and inform him that we are ALL getting the same drops he is and all you have to do is go on reddit and see everyone is up in arms around raid drops. But he wouldnt listen and just kept going on about how the game hates him.

Got to the point where me and a couple others wouldnt even say if we got something good because it would make him bitch more. Dude is in his 30s. Since Fallout he hasnt even touched destiny and now just bitching about all the time we wasted into the game.

Since then our main group is down a man for the raid. Instead of putting effort into finding someone to fill that spot Ive just been playing fallout.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:35 PM
UA6
Safety Car

Every group has that guy. Are you on Xbox or PS? I forgot.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Finally got my Xbone in so finally on next gen. But yeah, xbox.

I forgot there were one or two xbox players in this thread until you asked me. If you care to add me and need a 6th Id me more than willing to join. As well our clan is about 6 deep. Most older than I am so 28+.

So far Ive got a 313 Warlock, 311 Titan, and 309 Hunter all with their own gear but I can swap my Warlock guns over to make my Hunter 310 when I use that alt.

Xbone username is JohnnyFlack. Im playing fallout a lot right now but would totally be down to finally slay HM Oryx! I usually take the Add's position in the Daughters/Oryx section and gaze holder for Golgoroth. That being said Im comfortable taking any position except maybe runner on my warlock may not be fast enough.

Last edited by usdmJON; 11-16-2015 at 11:18 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:41 PM
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
my xbox one name is ToedBigWombat

I've got a 308 hunter
Old 11-20-2015, 06:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Still not picked the game up since fallout. I really should hit the gunsmith before his reset. I hear he's got a sick PDX and Lyudmila D.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:14 AM
Racer

i got the
Hacksaw pulse rifle from nightfall last week... it's NASTY in pvp... but im contemplating picking up fallout 4 cause Bungie is having huge server issues... havent ben able to play for two days because i keep dropping out of games every 4-5 minutes... its really frustrating...
Old 11-24-2015, 08:31 AM
UA6
Safety Car

My XBOne tag is Las Vegas SWAT. We have a set group of 6 that run the raid and we've been beating hard mode usually twice on Tuesday and once more on Wednesday. We should be able to get you in a run.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:52 PM
Suzuka Master

We finally beat HM once people cared to get on for challenge mode.

Buddy found two people to join and replace our complainer and another player that just always left without saying anything or cut raid nights short constantly for things everyone else just considered pointless like wanting to run VOG for a year1 Vex or run strikes with some girl hes crushing on.

The two are a husband and wife couple that had beaten him a few times before but no real raid group.

Finally got my Warlock helmet and the challenge mode gear. Now I can go back to fallout knowing I finally killed HM Oryx.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:10 AM
Racer

i moved on to rainbow 6 siege.... its super fun.... sparrow racing is GHEY...that is all.... I prob wont play desinty again until next expansion
Old 12-13-2015, 03:34 PM
UA6
Safety Car

Did the sparrow races twice and I was over it. We only play to raid on Tuesdays and sometimes Wednesdays but even that is getting old now.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:59 PM
Suzuka Master

I havent tried Sparrow racing and dont plan on it. Sounds lame to me and I just hear my friends getting upset because to me it seems like a really passive aggressive game type. My friends claim they dont bump or try to spin out opponents but having played many racing games I know how that shit goes. No one pushes unless it means they could get first. Then you get pushed and people get all upset because suddenly this PVP game has "rules".

Nah. Not for me. If I want PVP I'll go into the crucible where I know my opponent is going to do anything to win verse a game where everyone boasts sportsmanship until its the last lap.

That or the other half are boosting the results by going in with a team of 6 and taking turns winning. Fuck that.

I am still playing maybe 3 nights a week but just an hour or so to finish HM Oryx. At this point Im going my raid group in raids just to keep my spot and not fall behind the people I play online with.

Fallout 4 is so much more fun though!
Old 12-16-2015, 01:47 PM
UA6
Safety Car

I have Fallout but I haven't started it yet. I wanted to finish Metal Gear first.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Im addicted. But still playing destiny as thats my go to "online and chill" game after work. Tonight we plan on finishing the HM Oryx challange.

We got SO CLOSE last night I was so close to telling me friend how much he sucks. hahahahaha But hes my friend so I muted myself and grumbled my frustrations to myself.

For anyone that doesnt know challenge mode for oryx has you killing each ogre then killing each knight but not setting off any bombs until you have 16 ready to set off at the same time. Meaning 4 flawless runs leaving 4 bombs each time.

After a couple tries I stopped our progress because we were getting it down and I didnt know which blights I would be activating. It was a good thing I said so because one of the girls in our clan also wasnt sure. We figured it out and started again.

Two tries later and someone said it was their last attempt as it was 12:30 their time and hes go work in the early AM. Dude designs satellites. Super cool. We play with him and his wife. His wife is a stay at home for their two kids. So we dont get a lot of time to play with him but they are a cool couple.

Our last try and we did everything perfect. We get to deactivating all 16 blights and one of the dudes runs to the blights Im in charge of. Meaning he wasnt getting his blights. I shout "NOOOO ROCK WRONG BLIGHTS!!" He literally knew what I was going to say as I said it and flipped a bitch and ran where he was supposed to. He got there. But him and two others, the two females in our group both playing warlocks, died at their blights due to eyes or what not.

So we have 3 people alive and we dont stagger oryx in the final DPS stage. Soooo annoying. One of the dead girls is shouting "use your sleeper!" She then told everyone they should have just used their sleepers and he would have staggered easy. Ugh. Hind sight it 20/20 and sorry not everyone carries a sleeper on them just in case. UGH.

We called it a night and planned to start up again tonight an hour earlier. I bet with 4 we would have staggered him no issues. UGH
Old 12-18-2015, 03:23 PM
Suzuka Master

2 Oyrx HM challenges done. Just one more for the week.

Got Bones of Eao y2. Yaaaay