Acura: TLX News

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 04:06 PM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Received 443 Likes on 290 Posts
My dealer asked if I wanted to be on the waiting list for the TLX. I said ok since I maybe getting a TLX and giving my TSX to my mom, but probably not.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:32 PM
I feel the need...

Received 515 Likes on 363 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
We have seen the spy shots of it, and even though its not a us model, its not going to be anything different looks wise other than maybe a trim piece or different color side markers (ie meaning its not going to look like the concept).
Other than less shiny bits on the f/r bumpers, I honestly don't see what you guys are complaining about - it looks the same as the concept.

It doesnt matter how well it drives if people dont like the styling and dont want to buy it. So yes, some can hit the fail button already.
Duh, if you don't like the styling, pass go and do not collect $200. Seems shortsighted to not take test drive because it has less chrome bits.

Id love to get myself into one for my next vehicle, but based on looks and price.....No thank you. For 50k i could get myself into a very very gently used CTS-V and have a far more enjoying car to look at and drive.
Ah yes, "gently used" CTS-V's are about as common as unicorns. Dealer, only show me with gently grandma~mas CTS-V's.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:34 PM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by charliemike
Right now, this car is even more expensive and less of a value prop than the Regal GS.
Dude, you are rapidly losing more street cred than Justin Bieber.

First you are comparing MKZ's and now the Regal GS? I seriously doubt you have driven both, because neither car is remotely as capable as an SH-AWD TL, especially with 6MT.
The following 2 users liked this post by Fibonacci:
kurtatx (03-21-2014), MuGen7Modulo (03-21-2014)
Old 03-21-2014, 08:17 PM

Received 5,935 Likes on 2,927 Posts
Originally Posted by Fibonacci
Other than less shiny bits on the f/r bumpers, I honestly don't see what you guys are complaining about - it looks the same as the concept.
If you look a little closer, you may notice that the front and rear bumpers, as well as the side skirts, have much more aggressive styling on the concept than the production version appears to have. I believe that's what most posters in this thread are referring to.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:03 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Dude, you are rapidly losing more street cred than Justin Bieber.

First you are comparing MKZ's and now the Regal GS? I seriously doubt you have driven both, because neither car is remotely as capable as an SH-AWD TL, especially with 6MT.
The Regal sold 2200 units to the TL's 1500 in Feb 2014. The MKZ's 3300 units in February would have beaten every month of TL sales for about a year.

You can deny it all you want but a $45K Regal GS AWD is a TLX competitor. So is the MKZ.
The following 2 users liked this post by charliemike:
Costco (03-22-2014), RPhilMan1 (03-25-2014)
Old 03-21-2014, 09:15 PM
▒JDM ¥ KING▒

Received 141 Likes on 65 Posts
The Regal sold 2200 units to the TL's 1500 in Feb 2014. The MKZ's 3300 units in February would have beaten every month of TL sales for about a year.

You can deny it all you want but a $45K Regal GS AWD is a TLX competitor. So is the MKZ.
Dude, just STHU!

Wait until you see and drive the car, and this goes also to all in the yada yada gang... jeez
Old 03-21-2014, 09:23 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Originally Posted by MuGen7Modulo
Dude, just STHU!

Wait until you see and drive the car, and this goes also to all in the yada yada gang... jeez

How old are you?
Old 03-21-2014, 09:29 PM
brahs be jelly

Received 247 Likes on 169 Posts

Sales numbers do not make one car better than another. For example a Camry outsells everything but it is not the best car in its class.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,159 Likes on 1,387 Posts

Average age of a Regal buyer is 56. Sales are not indicative of better cars, especially in that age range.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:48 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Originally Posted by MTEAZY
Sales numbers do not make one car better than another. For example a Camry outsells everything but it is not the best car in its class.
I did not say that. I said that there are eight or nine quality cars the TLX is up against and was told I was crazy. The sales number prove otherwise. And the TLX on paper is not as good as I had hoped.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:31 PM
I feel the need...

I did not say that. I said that there are eight or nine quality cars the TLX is up against and was told I was crazy. The sales number prove otherwise.
Not sure why you keep trolling the TLX thread when you already admitted that you are not even shopping this price class. When you define "quality" cars, are you simply talking sales numbers? Because if you are talking about performance (and I certainly hope you are), well then show me another car in this class that goes 0-60 in 5.2 seconds like my car. Your AWD Regal GS is a full second slower. Not to mention the super duper torque vectoring power-on oversteer fun.

I care about performance, not sales numbers. My 6MT will dance circles around pretty much every car you are comparing it to for much less money.

And the TLX on paper is not as good as I had hoped.
What about the TLX on paper is so bitterly disappointing? Everything on paper so far points to better performance than the current TL.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:44 PM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by ttribe
If you look a little closer, you may notice that the front and rear bumpers, as well as the side skirts, have much more aggressive styling on the concept than the production version appears to have. I believe that's what most posters in this thread are referring to.
Modestly toned down bumpers with less chrome is hardly a deal breaker for me. Side skirts are typically a dealer installed option for Acuras, so if you need skirts girls, go for it. I'm more worried that a 6MT ain't in the cards.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by JS + BRZ

How old are you?
I'm going to set the over - under at 14.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:33 AM
brahs be jelly

Received 247 Likes on 169 Posts
I did not say that. I said that there are eight or nine quality cars the TLX is up against and was told I was crazy. The sales number prove otherwise. And the TLX on paper is not as good as I had hoped.
I don't disagree but I wonder how many of those 2200 are rental sales. The only Buick that's popular here is the Enclave thing. Also, Hondas never look good on paper, you are much better off with Hyundai for that.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:04 AM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by MTEAZY
I don't disagree but I wonder how many of those 2200 are rental sales.
Not only that, but Charlie is comparing sales of a TL in the last few months of its model run to an MKZ which was redesigned in 2013 and a GS which was refreshed in 2014.

I'll gladly point out Acura's flaws as much as the next guy and have done so when it comes to the ILX and RLX. But, too many peeps around here are already hating on a car that hasn't even been shown publicly or driven yet, which is
Old 03-22-2014, 10:20 AM
▒JDM ¥ KING▒

Received 141 Likes on 65 Posts
I'll gladly point out Acura's flaws as much as the next guy and have done so when it comes to the ILX and RLX. But, too many peeps around here are already hating on a car that hasn't even been shown publicly or driven yet, which is
Exactly.
I can't stand all the stupidity that gathers in here, I'll be back when the car is out for sale. Y'all creepazoid haters better behave lol
Old 03-22-2014, 04:21 PM

Not sure why you keep trolling the TLX thread when you already admitted that you are not even shopping this price class.
Your proclivity for calling anyone who disagrees with you a "troll" is becoming rather tiresome. If all you want is cheerleading, perhaps the 5G forum is for you.

I care about performance, not sales numbers.
If you really care about "performance", why did you buy an Acura?

Exactly.
I can't stand all the stupidity that gathers in here, I'll be back when the car is out for sale. Y'all creepazoid haters better behave lol
Promise?
The following 6 users liked this post by ttribe:
Costco (03-22-2014), fsttyms1 (03-22-2014), JS + XES (03-22-2014), jwong77 (03-24-2014), MeehowsBRZ (03-22-2014), RPhilMan1 (03-25-2014) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-22-2014, 05:40 PM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
If you really care about "performance", why did you buy an Acura?

Didn't you hear? The TL is better then an RS6. EVERYONE knows that.

Funny thing, if you Google comparison tests, Fib's car usually takes a solid last place. Great car choice there Fibby!
Old 03-22-2014, 05:50 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts

lay down some facts, that's what gets the apologists going.

Ultimately, those numbers are what Acura really cares about.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:22 PM
I feel the need...

Your proclivity for calling anyone who disagrees with you a "troll" is becoming rather tiresome. If all you want is cheerleading, perhaps the 5G forum is for you.
It's pretty obvious more than a handful of the trolls clearly have zero intentions of buying a TLX. Perhaps, I'll hit the 5G forum when the TLX is actually in dealer inventories and available for a test drive to make a REAL judgement about the car, not just imaginary mag race it.

If you really care about "performance", why did you buy an Acura
I already asked the question and got crickets. Name another car that does 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, has super duper torque vectoring power-on oversteer fun and a kick ass stereo for $38 gizzle?

Even though I can afford to rock an RS7, given the shitty roads, pot-hole bombs and salt here in the Midwest, I can't justify abusing a nice daily driver. Same reason I don't have a 991 Turbo in my garage already, its pretty hard to imagine spending $175 gizzle out the door for a fun car which will sit in my garage for five months of the year.

One of these days, I'll hit Moog's pipe and get That's the truth for realz yo!
Old 03-22-2014, 08:42 PM

It's pretty obvious more than a handful of the trolls clearly have zero intentions of buying a TLX. Perhaps, I'll hit the 5G forum when the TLX is actually in dealer inventories and available for a test drive to make a REAL judgement about the car, not just imaginary mag race it.
Yeah, you do that.

I already asked the question and got crickets. Name another car that does 0-60 in 5.2 seconds, has super duper torque vectoring power-on oversteer fun and a kick ass stereo for $38 gizzle?
Perhaps, that's because you are: 1) - constraining actual available performance by an artificially low price; and 2) because 95% of the market for this car doesn't care about 0-60 times, torque vectoring, or "kick ass stereo[s]". Hence, the fact that the TL is outsold by the woeful Buick and Lincoln brands.

Even though I can afford to rock an RS7, given the shitty roads, pot-hole bombs and salt here in the Midwest, I can't justify abusing a nice daily driver. Same reason I don't have a 991 Turbo in my garage already, its pretty hard to imagine spending $175 gizzle out the door for a fun car which will sit in my garage for five months of the year.
Please, forgive my skepticism about your alleged financial capability to purchase an RS7 or a 991 Turbo.

...for $38 gizzle?
...$175 gizzle out the door...
Seriously? Perhaps the prevailing age group in the 3G forum would be better suited to your vocabulary.

Last edited by ttribe; 03-22-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:36 PM
I feel the need...

Yeah, you do that.
Yes sir, Mr. Used BMW slush-box driving baller.

Hence, the fact that the TL is outsold by the woeful Buick and Lincoln brands.
I already explained the fallacy of comparing sales of a TL in the last few months of its model run vs an almost New MKZ and just refreshed Regal. If you were ripping on my purchase last month, perhaps you'd have a point. Either way, I don't rate a cars "quality" by sales volume, I buy cars that I like to drive and yes, I get a kick out of the value quotient of my 6MT.

Please, forgive my skepticism about your alleged financial capability to purchase an RS7 or a 991 Turbo.
Are you trying to pick a fight with me? If so, my feelings are terribly hurt that you don't believe I'm an e-baller.

Seriously? Perhaps the prevailing age group in the 3G forum would be better suited to your vocabulary.
You've been around here long enough to know that's an ode to Moogs.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:00 PM

I never claimed to be a "baller".

I already explained the fallacy of comparing sales of a TL in the last few months of its model run vs an almost New MKZ and just refreshed Regal.
I don't think it's just the last few months, but whatever floats your boat.

If you were ripping on my purchase last month, perhaps you'd have a point. Either way, I don't rate a cars "quality" by sales volume, I buy cars that I like to drive and yes, I get a kick out of the value quotient of my 6MT.
I wasn't ripping on your purchase and I don't rate quality by sales either. Clearly, you missed the point of my comment. Let's try this - you went straight to the "performance" card. If performance was really your priority, then the TL wouldn't really be the first choice, right? No.

What I was trying to draw out was you clearly valued the price element more than performance or you would have looked elsewhere. You see, for other than a very few, the typical TL customer doesn't care about the performance aspects you are touting. They like getting a relatively loaded car for a lesser price than other brands.

I know that's what was going through my head when I bought my '06 TL. I wanted a lot of features without the stupid a la carte methods used by the German brands. It was only later, when I started craving better performance from my car that I realized there was nothing left for me in the Acura lineup. All the torque vectoring in the world on a FWD-biased car won't match the fun quotient of a true RWD sport-oriented vehicle.

So, what I'm saying is, your argument referring to performance was misleading. You made a compromise, and that's okay, but don't act like a TL is a wolf in sheep's clothing. It isn't. The SH-AWD version has a nifty engineering trick up its sleeve, but it's severely limited by the underlying platform.

Are you trying to pick a fight with me? If so, my feelings are terribly hurt that you don't believe I'm an e-baller.
No. Just telling you that the more you try to insert this into your argument, the less believable it becomes.

You've been around here long enough to know that's an ode to Moogs.
Must have missed that one.

Last edited by ttribe; 03-22-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts

So those that dont feel the TLX is anywhere near as good as it should be are trolls? Sounds like Honda Fanboys are still butt hurt and complaining because not everyone likes the car (even though most that dont like it really wanted to).

So you cant justify abusing a nice DD like the RS7, but its ok to do so to the TL? Must not think the TL is a nice car then if thats what you are abusing as a DD
The following 3 users liked this post by fsttyms1:
JS + XES (03-23-2014), MeehowsBRZ (03-22-2014), ttribe (03-22-2014)
Old 03-22-2014, 10:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Exactly.
Yea me either . Is that a promise?
Old 03-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts

Cadillac ATS V6, similar performance for near the same price.. according to truecar.com that is.

Last edited by Crazy Bimmer; 03-22-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:30 PM
Some dude

Received 347 Likes on 203 Posts
Owns the ugly as sin TL, tries to make fun of a 335. Yeah, thats not troll boy talk right there, at all.

You might as well buy an Aztec and talk smack to (insert any car name here).
The following users liked this post:
jwong77 (03-24-2014)
Old 03-23-2014, 12:31 AM
I feel the need...

I don't think it's just the last few months, but whatever floats your boat.
:scratch: Floats my boat? The TL is about to go out of production.

I wasn't ripping on your purchase and I don't rate quality by sales either. Clearly, you missed the point of my comment. Let's try this - you went straight to the "performance" card. If performance was really your priority, then the TL wouldn't really be the first choice, right? No.

What I was trying to draw out was you clearly valued the price element more than performance or you would have looked elsewhere. You see, for other than a very few, the typical TL customer doesn't care about the performance aspects you are touting. They like getting a relatively loaded car for a lesser price than other brands.
I don't know if I can speak for the "typical" TL customer, but when I can get Audi S4 performance for $20k less along with significantly better reliability - yes I think that is value.

All the torque vectoring in the world on a FWD-biased car won't match the fun quotient of a true RWD sport-oriented vehicle.
Speak for yourself, my commuter serves its purpose here in Michigan where we have long winters.

So, what I'm saying is, your argument referring to performance was misleading. You made a compromise, and that's okay, but don't act like a TL is a wolf in sheep's clothing. It isn't. The SH-AWD version has a nifty engineering trick up its sleeve, but it's severely limited by the underlying platform.
I asked you to show me another car with similar performance for similar money and you still didn't answer. Let's see how "severely limited" the TLX is before we throw it in the fail box.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:33 AM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by Crazy Bimmer
Cadillac ATS V6, similar performance for near the same price.. according to truecar.com that is.
For the same features, I come up with $42k. Within the ballpark though, but still smaller and slower. No 6MT option either.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:41 AM
I feel the need...

So those that dont feel the TLX is anywhere near as good as it should be are trolls? Sounds like Honda Fanboys are still butt hurt and complaining because not everyone likes the car (even though most that dont like it really wanted to).
I don't care what you drive, buy what you like. But I'm ripping on the hate for a car which hasn't been driven yet and people here ARE butt hurt because the bumpers have less chrome. Cry me a fucking river.

So you cant justify abusing a nice DD like the RS7, but its ok to do so to the TL? Must not think the TL is a nice car then if thats what you are abusing as a DD
Not sure what you find so confusing? Of course the TL is no where close to the performance of an RS7, of course I don't think the TL is anywhere close to the same class - that is why I made a compromise and drive a lesser car because it is not worth it to me to make a fashion statement in a car which receives daily abuse on crappy roads. That really shouldn't be difficult to comprehend. The TL is more than adequate for my purpose as a commuter and yes I am very satisfied with it.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:21 AM
Senior Moderator

I don't care what you drive, buy what you like. But I'm ripping on the hate for a car which hasn't been driven yet and people here ARE butt hurt because the bumpers have less chrome. Cry me a fucking river.

Not sure what you find so confusing? Of course the TL is no where close to the performance of an RS7, of course I don't think the TL is anywhere close to the same class - that is why I made a compromise and drive a lesser car because it is not worth it to me to make a fashion statement in a car which receives daily abuse on crappy roads. That really shouldn't be difficult to comprehend. The TL is more than adequate for my purpose as a commuter and yes I am very satisfied with it.
And you are trying to justify that the car is good which hasnt been driven yet. People are NOT complaining that the bumpers have less chrome, they are complaining that they are far less aggressive than the concept which is what really made the car look good. Stop trying to make the car out to be something everyone should want just because you like it and quit crying that some dont feel the same as you.

How could it not be confusing? you claim the TL is such a great car, yet then go on to say you cant justify abusing a RS7 which you claim you can afford as a DD. If its ok to abuse the TL which is such a great car why is it not ok to abuse the RS7. Its YOU that brought up what you could afford, and what you ended up Purchasing. It sounds as though you are trying to either justify your purchase or are still trying to persuade us that the 4th gen is a nice looking car and that we should like it as well because you do.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:50 AM
I feel the need...

Stop trying to make the car out to be something everyone should want just because you like it and quit crying that some dont feel the same as you.
I'm not crying about anything, I could care less if Acura sells 200 or 20,000 per month. Let's just be perfectly clear about that. I could care less if you "like" it or not. It just seems stupid that people here are already totally writing it off when it hasn't been seen in production form or driven yet. That is fucking retarded.

How could it not be confusing? you claim the TL is such a great car, yet then go on to say you cant justify abusing a RS7 which you claim you can afford as a DD. If its ok to abuse the TL which is such a great car why is it not ok to abuse the RS7. Its YOU that brought up what you could afford, and what you ended up Purchasing. It sounds as though you are trying to either justify your purchase or are still trying to persuade us that the 4th gen is a nice looking car and that we should like it as well because you do.
Jeebus, you are pretty dense.

Do you run out and purchase a $3 million dollar home when a 600k home is adequate for your family?
Do you drive a 100k commuter when a 40k car will suffice?
Do you pay $8000 for a first class ticket just because you can afford to?
Of course you fucking don't. You make rational decisions, at least I hope you do.

That is why I chose the TL, I didn't care for the styling at first either. But after driving one, I realized it was a great value and a nice drive, so I bought it. I could care less if you think it is the ugliest thing on wheels, it doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is the lameness of hate for a car which hasn't been released to dealers yet.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:46 AM
VR1
Itz JDM y0!

Received 443 Likes on 290 Posts
This thread suckkkks. Didn't bother reading the last page, but I'm sure it was equally terrible as the one before it.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:08 PM

...I could care less if Acura sells 200 or 20,000 per month. .... I could care less if you "like" it or not. ...I could care less if you think it is the ugliest thing on wheels, it doesn't bother me.
Sidebar - the proper phrase is "I couldn't care less", thus stating you do not care at all, therefore it's impossible for you to care any less than you do. By stating "I could care less", you are saying you do care at least some, thus ruining your point.

My apologies for being a pedant.

What bothers me is the lameness of hate for a car which hasn't been released to dealers yet.
Now, back to your irrational hand-wringing over other people expressing their preferences on an Internet message board.
The following users liked this post:
RPhilMan1 (03-25-2014)
Old 03-23-2014, 01:15 PM
I drive a Subata.

Thread Fibonacci-ed.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:37 PM
I feel the need...

My apologies for being a pedant.
Sorry I wasn't an English major.

Now, back to your irrational hand-wringing over other people expressing their preferences on an Internet message board.
What's more irrational? Me calling out the 's because they're ripping on a car which hasn't been seen in full production form yet. Me calling out the 's because it hasn't been driven in a comparison yet?

Or is it more rational to say, chillax dudes. Wait to rip on it when you can actually rip on it fo realz yo!
Old 03-23-2014, 01:38 PM
I feel the need...

Originally Posted by JS + BRZ
Thread Fibonacci-ed.
At your service.

Just let me know when you want me to troll your BRZ thread and I'll be there in a jiffy.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:41 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,235 Likes on 2,615 Posts
Originally Posted by VR1
This thread suckkkks. Didn't bother reading the last page, but I'm sure it was equally terrible as the one before it.
+1

Waiting for the production TLX and some reviews.

meanwhile
Old 03-23-2014, 02:23 PM

Sorry I wasn't an English major.
Me neither.

<-----[Two degrees in accounting]

What's more irrational? Me calling out the 's because they're ripping on a car which hasn't been seen in full production form yet. Me calling out the 's because it hasn't been driven in a comparison yet?

Or is it more rational to say, chillax dudes. Wait to rip on it when you can actually rip on it fo realz yo!
Pretty sure you could state your own preference for waiting without confronting other people for theirs...if you actually tried.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:58 PM
I drive a Subata.

At your service.

Just let me know when you want me to troll your BRZ thread and I'll be there in a jiffy.
I have no idea why you are keep mentioning BRZ.

But you are welcome to come trash my thread.

Would love to get you banned so I can stop reading about your same non-sense crap again and again in the thread.

You are worse than SSFTSX.

Quick Reply: Acura: TLX News