Acura: TLX News

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Manual Transmission, you gotta get over the fact of how impressed you are with youself that you have an IS... nice car, but there's no need to exaggerate and brag as much as you do. We get it, you drive an IS, congrats...

And "lolz" = :ghey:

Last edited by Sclass88; 08-13-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Manual Transmission
VTECbabe,

The IS350 is nothing like any other competitor brand cars I have checked out. I know my previous '06 TL (3rd gen 6MT) felt cheap as hell, everywhere in the interior! from dashboard, to the door panel, the foot step when you open the door, the center console, the gauges, everything felt cheap. Too much of cheap plastics used on this. Also the gap between the dash and the door panel in the inside of the car is HUGE! It's almost enough to stick my finger in it.. Holly crap i almost farted... seriously. Even the leather seats are kind of cheap, nothing like high quality stuff I have seen. The '07~'08 G35 was hardly better too. It had about the same leather feel. As for the dash and door panel..... okay. The gaps didn't seem as bad. Overall, it felt better quality than that of the TL. TL is made in America. G35 is made in awesome island called Japan. After I sat in the IS350 and test drove I was like holly crap....... HUGE jump in interior quality! This is no joke. Why the hell do you think I decided to get the IS350. I couldn't turn down the premium build quality this car has. The seats are ultra premium, soft and smooth like baby skin. Less plastics are used on the Lexus, plus the plastic itself are made of very high quality stuff. Also even MORE importantly, the gaps are VERY small between the door panel and the dash. it is so tight and even. Talk about some serious precision. And of course... it's fast as hell. I have already badly murdered the late model Dodge Charger HEMI R/T. Left him in the dust and he felt so embarassed he stay way back and didn't get near me again. Don't even dare.... I was like laughin my ass off....... oh man.... *FART*.

As for the 4th gen TL, true, I haven't sat in it. So I can't say for sure the interior build quality is as bad as the previous TL. But the thing is, Acura used cheap parts to save cost. The red color seats may bring you guys attention but wait till you get in one. I would surely come and check it out once they hit my local Acura dealer. I will then know for sure how the "quality" is.

lolz....

Sorry, your whole post can be thrown out the window because the picture that I posted for you of the IS350 on the Lexus HOMEPAGE shows exactly what the build-quality of the IS is like. The 3rd generation TL has been rated very highly in regards to interior quality. C&D has said that the new 4th generation is MUCH better than the 3rd generation. However, you still continue to say that Acura has used cheap parts. How do you know Acura has used cheap parts?

p.s.
Who the hell still says 'lolz' except for 13 year-old boys?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:06 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
VTECbabe,

The IS350 is nothing like any other competitor brand cars I have checked out. I know my previous '06 TL (3rd gen 6MT) felt cheap as hell, everywhere in the interior! from dashboard, to the door panel, the foot step when you open the door, the center console, the gauges, everything felt cheap. Too much of cheap plastics used on this. Also the gap between the dash and the door panel in the inside of the car is HUGE! It's almost enough to stick my finger in it.. Holly crap i almost farted... seriously. Even the leather seats are kind of cheap, nothing like high quality stuff I have seen. The '07~'08 G35 was hardly better too. It had about the same leather feel. As for the dash and door panel..... okay. The gaps didn't seem as bad. Overall, it felt better quality than that of the TL. TL is made in America. G35 is made in awesome island called Japan. After I sat in the IS350 and test drove I was like holly crap....... HUGE jump in interior quality! This is no joke. Why the hell do you think I decided to get the IS350. I couldn't turn down the premium build quality this car has. The seats are ultra premium, soft and smooth like baby skin. Less plastics are used on the Lexus, plus the plastic itself are made of very high quality stuff. Also even MORE importantly, the gaps are VERY small between the door panel and the dash. it is so tight and even. Talk about some serious precision. And of course... it's fast as hell. I have already badly murdered the late model Dodge Charger HEMI R/T. Left him in the dust and he felt so embarassed he stay way back and didn't get near me again. Don't even dare.... I was like laughin my ass off....... oh man.... *FART*.

As for the 4th gen TL, true, I haven't sat in it. So I can't say for sure the interior build quality is as bad as the previous TL. But the thing is, Acura used cheap parts to save cost. The red color seats may bring you guys attention but wait till you get in one. I would surely come and check it out once they hit my local Acura dealer. I will then know for sure how the "quality" is.

lolz....

Cliffs for those who don't want to read the whole thing:
He is a tool.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:15 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by phile
Yeah that aluminum trim is definitely not cheap, otherwise everyone would be using it. Acura really went out on a limb this time to ensure the quality is top notch.

is it official that its real aluminum? hard to tell from the pix
Old 08-13-2008, 03:18 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Cliffs for those who don't want to read the whole thing:
He is a tool.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When do the TL's hit showrooms?

How can Cadillac muster the CTS AWD with 304 hp and get 18/26, while the SH-AWD TL gets only 17/24 mpg rating with just 1 more hp at 305hp? I wonder if the TL, both the FWD and SH-AWD versions have the cylinder deactivation like the V6 Accords have.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:28 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Mokos23
How can Cadillac muster the CTS AWD with 304 hp and get 18/26, while the SH-AWD TL gets only 17/24 mpg rating with just 1 more hp at 305hp?
6 speeds and Direct Injection.

GM today announced all their car's equipped with the 2.4L engine now get the 6AT as opposed to the 4AT. Resulting in increases of about 3MPG on the HWY.

And the 09 Lamda triplets (Enclave, Acadia and Outlook) get about 1 or 2 MPG improvement simply because of the addition of direct injection. Also resulting in about 15 more HP.

Honda

I wonder if the TL, both the FWD and SH-AWD versions have the cylinder deactivation like the V6 Accords have.
No. It would have been mentioned in one of the several reviews posted on-line.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:38 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Simple, J series is old, the CTS’s engine is newer. The 1g Honda stream used DI but got worse mileage and power thant he 2G stream without DI. DI is great, if only Honda can make good use of it.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:40 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Infamous425
is it official that its real aluminum? hard to tell from the pix
Not official, but a few of the reviews out there mentioned it's real. And in the close up pics, you can see it's the same etched aluminum trim from the current TL - except here, they used a LOT more, which you can guess is ridiculously expensive, unless they got some big discount for buying in bulk.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:41 PM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,143 Likes on 817 Posts

How can Cadillac muster the CTS AWD with 304 hp and get 18/26, while the SH-AWD TL gets only 17/24 mpg rating with just 1 more hp at 305hp? I wonder if the TL, both the FWD and SH-AWD versions have the cylinder deactivation like the V6 Accords have.
No, the supposingly high-performance Acura vehicles never have cylinder deactivation. Only Honda vehicles have.

I believe Honda thinks that wealthy buyers who are willing to pay big premium buying Acura products wouldn't care about fuel economy. They only want performance.

Last edited by Edward'TLS; 08-13-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:44 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by dom
6 speeds and Direct Injection.

GM today announced all their car's equipped with the 2.4L engine now get the 6AT as opposed to the 4AT. Resulting in increases of about 3MPG on the HWY.

And the 09 Lamda triplets (Enclave, Acadia and Outlook) get about 1 or 2 MPG improvement simply because of the addition of direct injection. Also resulting in about 15 more HP.

Honda
It appears....
GM engine & tranny tech > Honda
Old 08-13-2008, 03:47 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

It appears....
GM & Ford engine & tranny tech > Honda

Fixed.

Those EcoBoost engines sound promising as well.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 69 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by VTEC Racer

"Material qualities are first-rate, and this car feels far more upscale than the previous one did."

do you need quality....???
please!

Old 08-13-2008, 03:54 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by dom
Fixed.

Those EcoBoost engines sound promising as well.
Hey now! Don't piss all over Honda...they came out with a Turbo 4cyl.......and they put it in their beautiful new sports seda........oh wait.....nevermind.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

VTECbabe,

The IS350 is nothing like any other competitor brand cars I have checked out. HUGE jump in interior quality! This is no joke. Why the hell do you think I decided to get the IS350. I couldn't turn down the premium build quality this car has. The seats are ultra premium, soft and smooth like baby skin.
Yes, the quality of the last Lexuses is really amazing.
When I sat the first time in a IS I was shocked of the difference in quality with my TL 05...

Old 08-13-2008, 04:17 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I wonder if the TL, both the FWD and SH-AWD versions have the cylinder deactivation like the V6 Accords have.
i hope it doesnt have VCM because it saps power from the v6
Old 08-13-2008, 04:27 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Infamous425
i hope it doesnt have VCM because it saps power from the v6
isn't that the whole point? to cut off performance when u don't need it in order to save gas.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:05 PM
6G TLX-S

It appears....
GM engine & tranny tech > Honda
Yes. For the past 5 or so years, Honda has been stagnant in auto tranny technology and also in generating more hp/litre for it's V6 engines, while letting other auto makers to catch up and now some have even overtook Honda.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned

Guys, I mentioned the Lexus because VTECBabe asked for it. So I gave it. I'm not the one who started on Lexus first.

And dom, can't you be a little nicer? Why do you have to be so mean to me? I didn't do anything to you.

Originally Posted by krio
Yes, the quality of the last Lexuses is really amazing.
When I sat the first time in a IS I was shocked of the difference in quality with my TL 05...
Now that post I like.... You are right, the interior is really nice in the IS. I appreciate your honesty.

Old 08-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Guys, I mentioned the Lexus because VTECBabe asked for it. So I gave it. I'm not the one who started on Lexus first.

And dom, can't you be a little nicer? Why do you have to be so mean to me? I didn't do anything to you.

Now that post I like.... You are right, the interior is really nice in the IS. I appreciate your honesty.

I wasn't asking anything about Lexus, I was pointing out! If I ever did have anything to ask about Lexus, I sure wouldn't ask you. I can post a million pictures of the Acura TL interior and talk about how great it is also. However, I don't. I posted a picture straight from the Lexus website. Car manufacturers display their BEST pictures on their websites. In the case of the pictures Lexus had of the IS interior, you can clearly see the spray-painted metallic plastics and misaligned and uneven plastic trim. My point was to show that the lack of build quality in the IS can be seen in pictures. However, you were able to just assume that the 2009 TL has a cheap interior TO THE TOUCH by just looking at pictures. Your arguments have no support and your logic is childish at best.

BTW, do you always call other guys BABE? That might be something you want to keep reserved to yourself.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:42 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Take the Lexus talk to a Lexus thread.

Keep this out of the TL thread.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:04 PM
TMQ
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Care to explain why elements of Bangle's designs are "copied" on so many other mfg's. vehicles?
Which ones? The new Audi? Merc? Aston Martin? please name examples. There are various elements to Bangle design language, and ideas like flame surfacing can look good if done right, but in most of the BMWs they really haven't. Notice how soon the 7 series changed the butt? how often the X3 get tweaked? How quickly the current 3 series gets a major life cycle impulse (after 3 yrs in a 7-yr cycle)? How poor the Z4 sells?

Bangle's design calls more attention to the design language (almost too self conscious) and various individual aspects of the vehicle, but as a whole the vehicle doesn't portray the sense of agility and speed as well as the past ones.

Anyway, BMWs are great because of the drivetrain and chassis.

As such a big vehicle, I'm not such how good the TL will be on the track. It will surely run comfortably on the highway, with a bit number steering and more tech gadgets to play with.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:24 PM
how handsome I am

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VTECbabe,

lolz....

get over your shit dude. The IS is nice, not the second coming of christ.

And yes, I have an IS250 with lots of lovely gaps here and there. Not to mention the fucking bruises me and my passengers have gotten on our legs and arms trying to get in and out of the damn thing.

btw, anyone mention how ridiculous this new TL's grille is?

Last edited by agranado; 08-13-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:48 PM
6G TLX-S

Originally Posted by agranado

btw, anyone mention how ridiculous this new TL's grille is?

Oh yes . . . I don't think you can find an '09 TL thread around here that doesn't already have people bitching about it's look and it's grille.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:33 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
It would sell like hot cakes. People will think Acura is doing superb job.

....and if this new TL had a Hyundai Genesis badge on it, you would think Hyundai is doing a marvelous job, and that the styling is great, the build quality is excellent....

I was really impressed with the new IS's interior. I like how it had separate tweeters, midbass and subwoofer. Too bad driving it felt soulless. It has no steering feel whatsoever, and the suspension just feels so isolated.

I get more steering feedback/feel from this than the IS:

No matter how nice the IS interior is and how much I'm NOT a fan of FWD, I'd still take a 6MT TL-S over an IS350 anyday. I don't think I personally could stand driving an IS350 everyday. Its a good car, but it bored me to tears when I drove it.

Last edited by Costco; 08-13-2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:28 PM
how handsome I am

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
....and if this new TL had a Hyundai Genesis badge on it, you would think Hyundai is doing a marvelous job, and that the styling is great, the build quality is excellent....

I was really impressed with the new IS's interior. I like how it had separate tweeters, midbass and subwoofer. Too bad driving it felt soulless. It has no steering feel whatsoever, and the suspension just feels so isolated.

I get more steering feedback/feel from this than the IS:

No matter how nice the IS interior is and how much I'm NOT a fan of FWD, I'd still take a 6MT TL-S over an IS350 anyday. I don't think I personally could stand driving an IS350 everyday. Its a good car, but it bored me to tears when I drove it.

if there is one thing about the IS that I love, is the 13 speaker sound system it comes with. It's lovely.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:36 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Originally Posted by JS + TL
grown on me already I'm pretty sure it's just me though.
it's growing on me too.

it's still weird though. the rear is strange. the grille is really big. the side profile looks good but the wheels look tiny (but that's expected).

and i'm really liking that reddish/orange interior.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:42 AM
styling on you

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by agranado
if there is one thing about the IS that I love, is the 13 speaker sound system it comes with. It's lovely.
If you think the stock 13 speaker sound system is crazy, the 14 speaker Mark Levinson will blow your mind.

That's the feedback I've gotten throughout the forums, I've still yet to demo it myself.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:28 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SeCsTaC
If you think the stock 13 speaker sound system is crazy, the 14 speaker Mark Levinson will blow your mind.

That's the feedback I've gotten throughout the forums, I've still yet to demo it myself.
The BanG&Olfusen in the A8 too are not bad at all...
Old 08-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Racer

Z06 gets 15/24 with 505hp. I am really impress with what GM can do over the Japanese.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:43 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
it's growing on me too.

it's still weird though. the rear is strange. the grille is really big. the side profile looks good but the wheels look tiny (but that's expected).

and i'm really liking that reddish/orange interior.
Yeah, strange is the right word for this TL.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:11 PM
Master Graphic Artist

Hot interior with a struck exterior.

me: So what's she like, is she pretty?
friend: Mmm, she's got a GREAT personality

Old 08-14-2008, 03:11 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
I really don't know why some people are "bragging" about Lexus in this thread. If they are objectively comparing the two vehicles, then it makes perfect sense. But obviously it's not.

Clearly, bragging about owning IS350 should be done in other IS threads or Lexus forums. :twocents: I'm just sick and tired of hearing that shit in this thread. We are already busy enough talking about how ugly this 4G TL is.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:40 PM
6G TLX-S

Originally Posted by cheepung
Z06 gets 15/24 with 505hp. I am really impress with what GM can do over the Japanese.
How about a 4300 lbs 4.6L/380-hp/367-lb-ft V-8 powered LS460, with an 8-speed automatic, that can do 0-60 in 5.4 sec (mfr est), and returns a 19/27 mpg fuel economy ? Now this is impressive. Also it shows that the more gears in the auto transmission, the better the fuel economy.

Acura, are you listening ? Is it about time to move away from the 5AT ?
Old 08-14-2008, 03:47 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
Originally Posted by Edward'TLS

Yes they are. And a 6AT will debute in the new Fit.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:47 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by Edward'TLS
How about a 4300 lbs 4.6L/380-hp/367-lb-ft V-8 powered LS460, with an 8-speed automatic, that can do 0-60 in 5.4 sec (mfr est), and returns a 19/27 mpg fuel economy ? Now this is impressive. Also it shows that the more gears in the auto transmission, the better the fuel economy.

Again for the 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000000000 time.......Acura is not listening.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
honda will offer 6spd at in the new tl...it just wont be this year...most likely for the mmc or after they put it in the gen3 rl
Old 08-14-2008, 06:01 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Who cares if they put a 6-speed auto in there or not. Its still going to be the ugliest car in its class. Seriously.

Maxima, G sedan, A4/A6, E-Class, 5-series, new TL. Pick the ugliest one.... its a no brainer. They're going to need a miracle for this TL to sell. Either that or they're putting something in that coffee at the dealerships.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:16 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by unsure
honda will offer 6spd at in the new tl...it just wont be this year...most likely for the mmc or after they put it in the gen3 rl
..and you came up with this tidbit on your own?
Old 08-14-2008, 06:55 PM
6G TLX-S

Originally Posted by phile
Yes they are. And a 6AT will debute in the new Fit.
Funny enough. Isn't "ADVANCE" the Acura motto or the Honda motto ? Why the 6AT for the Fit and not the Acura cars.

Quick Reply: Acura: TLX News