Acura: TLX News

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 04:54 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Supposedly, I read somewhere that Acura's releasing a new car every year for the next 5 years or something like that? TSX, then the TL, then the RL I guess, then....?
Old 09-15-2008, 05:56 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 846 Likes on 526 Posts
releasing a new car every 6 months for the next 3 or 5 years I think. None of the cars now are what they consider as "tier-1".
Old 09-16-2008, 07:24 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Pricing Announced

09/15/2008 - TORRANCE, Calif. -

Acura today announced pricing for the all-new 2009 TL performance luxury sedan that will go on sale at Acura dealerships nationwide on September 24th, with all-wheel-drive models planned for sale in November.

For the first time ever in an Acura vehicle, the newly redesigned TL will be available with a choice of two different VTEC® engines while also offering both front wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive (TL SH-AWD®) models. MSRP pricing for the 3.5-liter V-6 equipped TL is $34,955 and the TL with Technology Package is $38,685. For TL models equipped with Acura's Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ system, MSRP pricing for the 3.7-liter V-6 powered TL SH-AWD® is $38,505, while the TL SH-AWD® with Technology Package is $42,235. In addition, the TL SH-AWD® with Technology Package is also available with an exclusive 19-inch alloy wheels and high-performance summer tire package for an MSRP of $43,235. Destination and Handling of $760 remains unchanged and is not included in the MSRP.

"The completely re-designed TL's performance, sophistication and styling have been dramatically elevated to satisfy both luxury sedan buyers and enthusiast drivers," said Dick Colliver, executive vice president of sales. "Its introduction marks a new and exciting era for the TL and for Acura."

The 2009 TL SH-AWD® is the most powerful Acura ever and all TL models feature an impressive combination of eye-catching exterior design and premium interior detail. An emotional and powerful exterior conveys a sense of motion via the use of strong character lines, pronounced wheel arches and jewel-like HID and LED lighting. Inside, the TL is packed with premium standard features such as a power moonroof, dual-zone adaptive climate control, 10-way adjustable (8-way power seat with 2-way power lumbar support) driver seat, 8-way adjustable power front passenger seat and steering-wheel-mounted F1®-style paddle shifters for the Sequential SportShift automatic transmission. In addition, an 8-speaker 276-watt audio system with 6-disc CD changer, AM/FM radio, XM® Satellite Radio, Bluetooth® Audio, USB port and AUX jack connectivity and HandsFreeLink® wireless telephone interface are standard.

Available on both the TL and TL SH-AWD® is a Technology Package that includes the most comprehensive array of advanced electronic features ever offered by Acura. The Technology Package includes the Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition™, AcuraLink® real-time traffic, AcuraLink® weather radar mapping, an Acura/ELS Surround® premium audio system, Keyless Access System with pushbutton ignition and interior upgrades. The included Navigation System also features a new 8-inch full VGA high-resolution color display for improved visibility and a back-up camera.

Further enhancing the TL's Technology Package is the new Acura/ELS Surround® 10-speaker, 440-watt premium sound system with DVD-Audio, CD, DTS™, AM/FM radio, XM® Satellite Radio and 12.7 GB hard disk drive (HDD) media storage. An intuitive interface dial as well as advanced voice recognition capability simplifies control of this impressive technology. Premium Milano Leather seating surfaces included in the Technology Package further enhance the vehicle's comfort and visual appeal.

Acura offers a full line of technologically advanced performance luxury vehicles through a network of 270 dealers within the United States. The 2009 Acura lineup features five distinctive models including the RL luxury performance sedan, the TL performance luxury sedan, the TSX sports sedan, the turbocharged RDX crossover SUV and the award-winning MDX luxury sport utility vehicle.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Normally i would say $42k is nuts and it wont sell, BUT the current $39k TL-S seems to have been selling pretty well. Granted its with big discounts but still.

Only thing that bothers me is that this new TL doesnt have anything in terms of "wow" factor with the options. Normally Acura will release some cool gadget with a new model but not this time.

If i had a choice though i would rather pick up a slightly used RL over this.

Anywho, this baby will sell well I am sure.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:56 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
I'm not liking this new design direction the more I see it. In fact, I like it less and less each time. But the TL's problems IMO are much more than styling alone.

I take more of an issue with the fact that it weighs 4000lbs, is only adequately powered compared to most of the competition, uses a somewhat old tech engine and tranny and uses the Accord as a starting point.

As for the initial positive reviews. Keep in mind that they're first drives, not full road tests. I have a feeling they won't be so glowing when the car is stacked up against others in full reviews.

Jeff at TOV has a nice writeup that most of us can probably relate to.
Sure the Acura beek is horrible, but there are other areas of the car that were not addressed.

No manual transmission as an option, a 5-speed Auto transmission....really?!?!? a 5-speed....that still blows my mind.

MPG numbers are nothing to write home about. Sure it's no econo-class car, but the mpg numbers compared with the power output are not good.

The car is a heavy beast combined with sorta the same old Acura engines we have seen for almost a decade now.

Try something new Honda! Sure you went nuts on the design crack, but how about going nuts on the drivetrain....and no, SH-AWD is not what the people want. Sure it's great, but first give the people a transmission(s) that is at least on par with the competition...not the sub-par tranny that has been around for almost a decade. How about a new engine? 3.5 or 3.8L...meh...sure the displacement has been increased, but let's get a new engine overall......it's been nearly a decade...is that too much to ask?
Old 09-16-2008, 12:56 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

6MT is coming in 2010. 5AT sucks period.

MPG numbers of the TL are on par with most competitors, in fact, it's above average. VTEC Racer made a comparison table on this matter at TOV.

It's heavy no doubt but it's also the size of a CTS/E/5/A6. The CTS weighs over 4000lbs, at the the TL SH-AWD w/tech is still below that mark.

Honda seems to keep their engine series for about 10-15 years. The C series lasted from I believe 1987 (in the Legend) to 2004 (in the NSX and 1g RL). The J series was introduced in 1997 in the CL though. The B series again lasted from around 1988 to 2000 or so, until the K series came out. For sure the J series doesn't "wow" people now but it's still competitive IMO. I'd love to see a J35B or J37B (similar to how there were C32A and C32B) with DOHC VTEC.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by Crazy Acura
Normally i would say $42k is nuts and it wont sell, BUT the current $39k TL-S seems to have been selling pretty well. Granted its with big discounts but still.

Only thing that bothers me is that this new TL doesnt have anything in terms of "wow" factor with the options. Normally Acura will release some cool gadget with a new model but not this time.

If i had a choice though i would rather pick up a slightly used RL over this.

Anywho, this baby will sell well I am sure.
They are offering that doppler radar system for the nav which is I believe a first and a pretty neat piece of kit....
Old 09-17-2008, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by iforyou
6MT is coming in 2010. 5AT sucks period.

MPG numbers of the TL are on par with most competitors, in fact, it's above average. VTEC Racer made a comparison table on this matter at TOV.

It's heavy no doubt but it's also the size of a CTS/E/5/A6. The CTS weighs over 4000lbs, at the the TL SH-AWD w/tech is still below that mark.

Honda seems to keep their engine series for about 10-15 years. The C series lasted from I believe 1987 (in the Legend) to 2004 (in the NSX and 1g RL). The J series was introduced in 1997 in the CL though. The B series again lasted from around 1988 to 2000 or so, until the K series came out. For sure the J series doesn't "wow" people now but it's still competitive IMO. I'd love to see a J35B or J37B (similar to how there were C32A and C32B) with DOHC VTEC.
RWD components add weight to a car, but the CTS weighs 3861 lbs per Cadillac's website. The CTS-V weighs nearly 4300 lbs.... but at the same time it also outruns an M5 on the Ring, will probably cost tens of thousands less at the least, and IMO especially when equipped with the Recaros has an even nicer interior.

As for the TL..... we get to look forward to doppler radar system. And its above average for fuel economy, when it could be so much more. And from the looks of it, it seems like we can expect another 5 years of the J-series in production, after which it definitely will be an aged powerplant.

I haven't a doubt in my mind that with a 7-speed manual, and a new direct-injection powerplant that they would be class leaders in fuel economy, at the very least.... but that isn't the case. And now, they're not even leading in the lowest price.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:11 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i saw car and driver's review, and they said something like "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. and so is ugly."

but they, along with other reviews, say that the car looks better in person.

i'd like to see it in a darker color than silver.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:16 AM
The sizzle in the Steak

^^ What did you expect them to say? It's a great new beautiful design?
Everyone knows it's got a beek only a mother could love.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
It does look better in black, I think, but the grille just kills it for me. Even if they had made it more like the TSX grille, it would be better. I just can't stand how it doesn't line up with the top of the headlights, and it juts out from the hood. I wonder how it would look if painted in the body color? Probably at least a little bit better.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:49 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
yes body colored grill would do wonders but wont fix that rear end
Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM
I disagree with unanimity

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S
Everyone knows it's got a beak not even a mother could love.
fixt.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:03 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
pretty expensive..
Old 09-17-2008, 04:29 PM
Return of the Ring

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
It does look better in black, I think, but the grille just kills it for me. Even if they had made it more like the TSX grille, it would be better. I just can't stand how it doesn't line up with the top of the headlights, and it juts out from the hood. I wonder how it would look if painted in the body color? Probably at least a little bit better.
+1. I thought this was only the case with the RL, because the new grille was tacked on, not part of the whole design. Guess I was wrong. Seriously, for $42k (SHAWD + Tech) I better not have major reservations about the looks. This kills it for me. Hopefully they will refresh it in a year or two if they get enough complaints, the way Subaru dropped their propeller grille.
Old 09-17-2008, 04:45 PM

Maybe RJ will come out with a grill that was different from stock and where the top part is painted to match the body and it aligned with the top of the headlights like it was in the chop of that black 4G. If Acura decides to keep on going with the power plenum then I think if he made a grill like that it'd be pretty popular.

The rear is still pretty bad too with the shield trunk and out of place reflectors in the bumper though....
Old 09-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I can't believe that with the price of this car, we're talking about spending another $1000 or more on something to make the front more palatable - whether it be painting the grille the body color, or getting a Ronjon kit. It's pretty sad when you have to spend that kind of money just to help the car look ok.

I hope this thing looks better in person than it does in the pics, but I just don't know. It shouldn't be this bad, even in a picture.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:14 PM
an asshole from florida

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
ronjon is gona be banking off this car
Old 09-17-2008, 07:43 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
And the award for the least offensive version of the power plenum grille goes to........Acura CSX

Old 09-17-2008, 09:42 PM

You know, that actually looks good. None of this "it looks better in person" crap or "people will like it in time" That CSX looks good, period. Dare I say it, that looks better than the regular CSX grill... the first time I could ever say that about any Acura power plenum grill.
Old 09-17-2008, 10:09 PM
I can't find my garage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that csx is pretty eww
Old 09-18-2008, 01:26 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
RWD components add weight to a car, but the CTS weighs 3861 lbs per Cadillac's website. The CTS-V weighs nearly 4300 lbs.... but at the same time it also outruns an M5 on the Ring, will probably cost tens of thousands less at the least, and IMO especially when equipped with the Recaros has an even nicer interior.

As for the TL..... we get to look forward to doppler radar system. And its above average for fuel economy, when it could be so much more. And from the looks of it, it seems like we can expect another 5 years of the J-series in production, after which it definitely will be an aged powerplant.

I haven't a doubt in my mind that with a 7-speed manual, and a new direct-injection powerplant that they would be class leaders in fuel economy, at the very least.... but that isn't the case. And now, they're not even leading in the lowest price.
Yea, that's the weight of the stripper CTS. Anyways, my point was, given the size of the TL, its weight is not that bad.

That's a great point about the 4300lbs CTS-V outrunning the 4140lb M5. It would be interesting to see how the TL SH-AWD will do on a track. Can it repeat the magic of the 3G TL-S?

7-speed manual?? Are you serious? Or is that a typo? I don't think the 3G TL was leading in being the lowest price car, the G has always been around the same.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by iforyou
Yea, that's the weight of the stripper CTS. Anyways, my point was, given the size of the TL, its weight is not that bad.

That's a great point about the 4300lbs CTS-V outrunning the 4140lb M5. It would be interesting to see how the TL SH-AWD will do on a track. Can it repeat the magic of the 3G TL-S?

No doubt in my mind.....

7-speed manual?? Are you serious? Or is that a typo? I don't think the 3G TL was leading in being the lowest price car, the G has always been around the same.

I meant 6-speed automatic.... double typo. At least if it were a 7-speed manual it would be a first for Acura!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:22 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by phile
And the award for the least offensive version of the power plenum grille goes to........Acura CSX
I agree its the least offensive. And the funny part is, it was simply tacked on, not part of the design plan at all since its basically a Japaneses Civic.

I guess the CSX lives into 09. Oh well.

Interesting that the two cars the grille looks best on both have the grille align with the lights (TSX, CSX) and not above them like the RL and TL.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:20 AM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
Originally Posted by phile

Old 09-18-2008, 10:21 AM
Return of the Ring

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Interesting that the two cars the grille looks best on both have the grille align with the lights (TSX, CSX) and not above them like the RL and TL.
I just don't get how the f*** it ended up that way on the TL. I can understand the RL, since it was "tacked on" to the design... but they did that with the CSX and it looks ok because (OMG!) they made it small and tasteful. What a concept! Now it seems like their plan was to align the grille with the headlights on the smaller cars (CSX & TSX) but make it stand out on the bigger cars (TL & RL), I guess figuring that the car is bigger so it can take an even bigger, more in-your-face grille. But when they saw the end result, couldn't they see that it just didn't work??
Old 09-18-2008, 12:15 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco

No doubt in my mind.....

I meant 6-speed automatic.... double typo. At least if it were a 7-speed manual it would be a first for Acura!
lol I don't know if I can handle a 7-speed manual!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Banned

Hey guys, Jeff(from vtec.net) said he test drove the 6MT TL today! He said he'll post more details on the 26th on September!
Old 09-18-2008, 04:39 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Ikko
Hey guys, Jeff(from vtec.net) said he test drove the 6MT TL today! He said he'll post more details on the 26th on September!
Did it lose about 300 lbs, bewcome RWD and get a new grille?

No, then Meh.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:43 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

And can you post a link? I don't see anything.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:44 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

^link please??
Old 09-18-2008, 05:02 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Originally Posted by Ikko

No matter how good the thing drives....it still looks horrible.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by dom
Did it lose about 300 lbs, bewcome RWD and get a new grille?

No, then Meh.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:40 AM
Banned

http://www.vtec.net/forums/one-messa...umber=1#789815
Old 09-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,400 Likes on 704 Posts
Arrow ConsumerGuide Likes It

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...acura-tl-5.htm
2009 Acura TL Full Review
Date Published: 9/18/08

The 2009 Acura TL is redesigned and slightly enlarged in most key dimensions. This premium midsize sedan will be available in base and SH-AWD (for Super Handling All-Wheel Drive) models. The latter replaces the Type-S as the high-performance member of the TL family. Base versions receive a 3.5-liter V6 engine that makes 280 hp while SH-AWDs get a 3.7-liter V6 that, at 305 hp, is the most powerful engine yet offered in an Acura. A 5-speed automatic with "Sequential SportShift" steering-wheel-mounted paddle shifters is the sole transmission for both models. The SH-AWD includes larger-diameter front and rear stabilizer bars, plus a standard 18-inch-wheel package in place of the 17-inch ones used on the base car. Available safety features include ABS, traction control, antiskid system, front side airbags, and curtain side airbags. Also standard are leather upholstery with heated front seats, sunroof, wireless cell phone link, and 8-speaker audio. A Technology Package, priced as a separate model, includes 10-speaker audio and a navigation system with real-time traffic and weather alerts. This evaluation is based on preview test drives.

2009 Acura TL Road Test
Pros Cons
Acceleration Cargo Room (SH-AWD)
Steering/handling Ride (SH-AWD)

Consumer Guide® Road Test Ratings

Acceleration
Base Base w/Technology Pkg. SH-AWD w/Technology Pkg. Class Average
7 7 8 7.1
Both TL models get larger and more powerful engines for 2009, but they need the added might to overcome weight gains. Still, they continue to deliver lively acceleration and fine passing power. The persistent torque steer that plagued the previous-generation TL is a non-issue in this model. To the variable intake-valve timing found in the base engine, the SH-AWD adds variable exhaust-valve timing for '09 to improve power delivery above 4700 rpm. Drivers can now also use the paddle shifters to make manual shifts even with the transmission set in fully automatic mode.

Fuel Economy
5 5 5 4.8
No opportunity to measure. Acura claims 18 mpg city and 26 mpg highway for the 3.5-liter engine and 17/25 for the 3.7. Premium-grade gas is recommended.

Ride Quality
7 7 5 6.1
A 1.4-inch-longer wheelbase than on the previous-generation TL makes for a comfortable tourer, especially on the open road. The base model feels lighter on its feet than its racier all-wheel-drive sibling, which checks in about 250 pounds heavier. SH-AWD passengers will sense a little less roll side-to-side during lateral maneuvers such as fast lane changes.

Steering/Handling/Braking
7 7 8 6.8
The new electric power steering system requires low effort in low-speed situations, such as parking. Effort increases as speed rises, but it doesn't feel heavy or cumbersome. Large brakes deliver impressive stopping power.

Quietness
8 8 7 6.9
Wind and road noise are nicely muted in all models. The exhaust in the SH-AWD is tuned differently than in the base model, but there's nothing intrusive or unpleasant about it, especially at cruising speeds.

Controls
7 8 8 6.8
The TL's new instrument panel features large and legible main gauges. The center stack with audio/climate/communications controls has its fair share of buttons, but they are logically grouped and easy to reach. The Technology Package uses an "interface dial" to access these systems, but it is not as complicated to use as those in some European makes. The navigation screen in the Tech Package appears bright even in changing ambient light conditions, and its high placement doesn't distract from the road. Cars without the package display climate and audio information in place of the navigation screen. They also lack the convenient pushbutton engine start feature.

Details
8 8 8 7.5
Rich-feeling leather, soft dash and door surfaces, and metallic trim deliver a high-quality feel throughout the interior. A discreetly placed tray holds an iPod out of sight while connected to a USB port.

Room/Comfort/Driver Seating (front)
7 7 7 7.1
Front-seat passenger-room dimensions are similar to those of the previous-generation TL. Headroom is good. The SH-AWD seats offer better grip during cornering than the base seats, but they don't feel cramped or restrictive at any point. Both seats are supportive and comfortable. Front roof pillars have been slimmed down for a slight gain in forward visibility.

Room/Comfort (rear)
5 5 5 5.1
Rear-seat legroom has been increased by 1.3 inches, Acura claims. Entry and exit are uncomplicated, but rear headroom is tight for taller passengers. Only two adults will fit comfortably in the rear.

Cargo Room

4 4 3 4.3
Trunk space has been increased, but this is most evident in base models. To accommodate the rear differential in the SH-AWD, there is a rise in the trunk floor that robs most of the gains. The trunk opening narrows toward the bottom and hinges intrude into the trunk space--though they are covered so as not to damage cargo. Interior storage space is good.

Value within Class

7 8 6 6
Roomier and more powerful than before--but also heavier--the Acura TL is packed with safety features and most all the gadgets one could hope for in the optional Technology Package. The majority of sales should come from base models, but those who do opt for the SH-AWD will find it a more refined and mature performance car than the Type-S it replaces.

Total Score
72 74 70 68.5

Scores for all Premium Midsize Cars
Low Score
Average Score
High Score

2009 Acura TL Prices & Equipment
Model Prices
Prices Updated: 09/17/2008
Trim Name Retail Price Dealer Invoice Destination Charge
Base 4-door sedan $34,955 $32,136 $760
Base 4-door sedan w/Technology Pkg. $36,685 $35,556 $760
SH-AWD 4-door sedan $38,505 $35,391 $760
SH-AWD 4-door sedan w/Technology Pkg. $42,235 $38,812 $760
SH-AWD 4-door sedan w/Technology Pkg. and Performance Tires $43,235 $39,729 $760
Pricing Key: Retail prices listed with each report are set by the vehicle's manufacturer. These figures appear on each car's federally mandated window sticker. Most price lists also include dealer-invoice prices. Dealer-invoice prices are what the dealer pays the manufacturer for the car and its factory-installed options. The destination charge is not included in the suggested-retail or dealer-invoice price and must be added to the cost of the vehicle. Car companies change prices frequently throughout the year. If the prices published do not match those on the vehicle's window sticker, the manufacturer has probably altered the price recently.
NA = price note available, NC = no charge.

Rebates and Incentives
There are no rebates or incentives at this time.
Consumer Guide®'s Rebates and Incentives represent a summary of national manufacturer programs available. Regional restrictions may apply, and offerings may vary by model. For a complete list of Rebate & Incentive programs click here.

Standard Equipment
Base
Powertrain
3.5-liter V6 engine, 5-speed automatic transmission w/manual-shift capability, traction control.

Safety
Dual front airbags, front side airbags, curtain side airbags, antilock 4-wheel disc brakes, brake assist, antiskid system, tire-pressure monitor, front-seat active head restraints, emergency inside trunklid release.
Comfort and Convenience Features
Air conditioning w/dual-zone automatic climate controls, interior air filter, tilt/telescopic leather-wrapped steering wheel w/radio controls, cruise control, leather upholstery, heated front 8-way power bucket seats w/lumbar adjustment, memory system (driver seat, mirrors), center console, trunk pass-through, heated power mirrors w/tilt-down back-up aid and turn signals, power windows, power door locks, remote keyless entry, power sunroof, AM/FM radio w/in-dash 6-disc CD/MP3 changer, digital-media player connection, satellite radio, wireless cell phone link, automatic day/night rearview mirror, outside-temperature indicator, compass, illuminated visor mirrors, variable-intermittent wipers, rear defogger, automatic headlights, floormats.

Appearance and Miscellaneous
Theft-deterrent system, fog lights, bi-xenon headlights, 245/50R17 tires, alloy wheels.
Base w/Technology Pkg. adds to Base:
Navigation w/voice recognition, traffic information, rearview camera, AM/FM radio w/6-disc CD/MP3/DVD Audio changer, hard drive, keyless access and starting, remote engine start.
Rear spoiler.
SH-AWD adds to Base:
Powertrain
3.7-liter V6 engine, all-wheel drive.

Safety
Uprated brakes.
Rear spoiler, sport suspension, 245/45R18 tires.
SH-AWD w/Technology Pkg. adds to SH-AWD:
Navigation w/voice recognition, traffic information, rearview camera, AM/FM radio w/6-disc CD/MP3/DVD Audio changer, hard drive, keyless access and starting, remote engine start.
SH-AWD w/Technology Pkg. and Performance Tires adds to SH-AWD w/Technology Pkg.:
245/40ZR19 tires.
Optional Equipment
No factory options.

2009 Acura TL Specs & Safety
Vehicle Dimensions
Specification Acura TL 4-door sedan
Wheelbase, in. 109.3
Overall Length, in. 195.3
Overall Width, in. 74.0
Overall Height, in. 57.2
Curb Weight, lbs. 3708
Cargo Volume, cu. ft. 13.1
Standard Payload, lbs. --
Fuel Capacity, gals. 18.5
Seating Capacity 5
Front Head Room, in. 38.4
Max. Front Leg Room, in. 42.5
Rear Head Room, in. 36.7
Max. Rear Leg Room, in. 36.2
Specifications Key: NA = not available; "--" = measurement does not exist.
Engines
sohc V6 sohc V6

Size, liters/cu. in. 3.5 /212 3.7 /223
Horsepower @ rpm. 280 @ 6200 305 @ 6300
Torque (lb-ft) @ rpm. 254 @ 5000 273 @ 5000

Availability Standard Standard

EPA City / highway mpg
5-speed automatic 18/26 17/25
Engine Key: l/cu in. = liters/cubic inches; ohv = overhead valve; ohc = overhead camshaft; dohc = dual overhead camshaft; I = inline cylinders; H = horizonally opposed cylinders; V = cylinders in a V configuration; W = cylinders in a W configuration; rpm = revolutions per minute; CVT = continuously variable (automatic) transmission; NA = not available; "--" = measurement does not exist.

Safety Features
Antilock Brakes
Traction Control
Antiskid System
Front Side Airbags
Curtain Side Airbags
Rear Side Airbags

NHTSA Crash-Test Results
Test Acura TL 4-door sedan
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) tests a vehicle's worthiness in front- and side-impact collisions and rates its resistance to rollovers. Front-impact crash-test numbers indicate the chance of serious injury: 5 = 10% or less; 4 = 10-20%; 3 = 20-35%; 2 = 35-45%; 1 = More than 45%. Side-impact crash-test numbers indicate: 5 = 5% or less; 4 = 6-10%; 3 = 11-20%; 2 = 21-25%; 1 = More than 26%. Rollover resistance numbers indicate the chance for rollover when the vehicle leaves the roadway: 5 = Less than 10%; 4 = 10-20%; 3 = 20-30%; 2 = 30-40%; 1 = More than 40%.

Manufacturer's Warranty
Class Years/Miles Comments
Powertrain 6/70,000 --
Bumper-to-bumper 4/50,000 --
Corrosion 5/unlimited --
Free roadside assistance 4/50,000 --
Free scheduled maintenance None/-- --
Manufacturers may periodically offer additional coverage as a purchase incentive. There offers are not reflected on this chart. The federal government requires two other warranties. The Exhaust Emission Warranty covers corrosion-related parts for 2 years/24,000 miles, plus 8 years/80,000 miles on the catalytic converter and any on-board diagnostic device. The Passenger Restraint Warranty covers seat belts and airbags for 5 years/50,000 miles.

Built in: USA
Drivewheels: front-wheel drive, all-wheel drive

Old 09-19-2008, 07:21 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

I wonder if they brought him out to test drive anything else?

V6 TSX maybe?
Old 09-19-2008, 12:01 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

The new electric power steering system requires low effort in low-speed situations, such as parking. Effort increases as speed rises, but it doesn't feel heavy or cumbersome.
Translation: The steering at speed has a very light feel = FAIL.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
^^^
Old 09-22-2008, 10:30 PM

Received 2,807 Likes on 1,991 Posts
i just saw the commercial on TV with the bullet and wine bottle.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:52 AM
Race Director

I just saw the commercial but the TV was muted so I have no idea if it was good or not.

Quick Reply: Acura: TLX News