Old 05-23-2007, 04:34 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by brettallica
Have you received yours yet?
Hell no... WTF.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:42 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kennedy
Hell no... WTF.
(insert "WEAK!!" smiley here)

Dang, dude, that really sucks. Keep us posted, as I'd like to see how you do the mod. I still need to get on the DIY, but work and other personal obligations have been preventing me from creating one.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:09 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Buda
Dang that was fast. Does that include the V trim as well? Did you get the Emblems on as well?

Can't wait to see that chrome on a Silver car. Btw, I just got the licence plate trim from Alex. He did get it darker. I just want to put it on for a couple pics on a black car tomorrow and then I'll get it sent out to you.

LOL - It looks HOT !!!!

I managed to install the hood trim, wing and V piece tonight. Here come a few pics......
Old 05-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

And 2 of the emblems just so you can see what it's like against the ASM and the OEM emblems.

These will go on over the weekend - excuse my dirty hands...lol

What do you think guys?
Old 05-23-2007, 05:21 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish

Looks great! That is the perfect type of subtle upgrade that I like to do, and it looks fantastic on your car. It looks totally professional, too. I'd be interested in seeing what the dark chrome emblems look like on the trunk, but you can't really go wrong with either.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Dang that was fast. Does that include the V trim as well? Did you get the Emblems on as well?

Can't wait to see that chrome on a Silver car. Btw, I just got the licence plate trim from Alex. He did get it darker. I just want to put it on for a couple pics on a black car tomorrow and then I'll get it sent out to you.

Buda - I can't thank you enough !!!

I hope I did you proud buddy........

I just PM'd you a message so as not to clog the thread .
Old 05-23-2007, 06:03 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveP66
Buda - I can't thank you enough !!!

I hope I did you proud buddy........

I just PM'd you a message so as not to clog the thread .
Wow, that looks good! I knew those would look good on silver. Can't wait to see the day pics.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:56 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah... he's refering to me. I told him it wouldn't match anything, and thus would look silly... not to mention, the part was "not available at the time".

Now we see it matches the TL-S tails, and we have a chromer that can pretty much match the front grill to it, it's a from me too.

I still wonder where our ebay source aquired these, considering they're still not available at the parts counter. Makes me wonder if the trivial size difference is WHY these are on the open market. I would venture a bet that these are rejects from a mold that was slightly too large.
Stop thinking about that damn trim and come up with some more blue mods slacker!!!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:03 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

And 2 of the emblems just so you can see what it's like against the ASM and the OEM emblems.

These will go on over the weekend - excuse my dirty hands...lol

What do you think guys?
I think that really looks good! Everything blends perfect like it's stock! Like Buda, I figured that would (gulp) look good on ASM! Really nice! Some nut put a license plate on there and ruined the look for ya Steve! Kick his ass! Can you ride without a license plate? Still looks good, but I know like other cars, it would look even better without that on there! Including my grille look!

Where are the pics of the back? Also, take some more pics at dusk! I think it will make it gleam better that way. I like the subtle changes. Good job (Buda)! Hahahahahaha! You too Steve!

Hey! Where is my finders fee check for promoting this prestigious event? LOL!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Back after 1 Year!

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking I'm done darksom!

Lower grill mod done!

Sun blazing and you can call these D.R.L.

We drove down the street and people driving the other way had the "what is that?!" look on them

Sun Diego CL-S will upload more pics shortly under the "D.R.L. Mod" thread. Until then I'm waiting for the Sun to go down a bit and then night time pics too when these lights will really shine

Old 05-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Thanks Darky - Yeah I have to run with the plate - RI Troopers just look for a reason to pull you over. (Front plates are a popular reason)

Next week when Crystal is finished and goes in for her Glamour Shots I'll pull the front plate off.

No back pics yet - all I could do tonight was the front 3 pieces.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:14 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by sandiegodrive
Lower grill mod done!

We drove down the street and people driving the other way had the "what is that?!" look on them

Sun Diego CL-S will upload more pics shortly under the "D.R.L. Mod" thread. Until then I'm waiting for the Sun to go down a bit and then night time pics too when these lights will really shine

Damn! That's tight! I didn't know you and datmrman were still doing them. I hadn't seen anything. You look like you have your's centered, instead of inside or to the outside. Is that right? Can you try to do a YOUTUBE? That would be nice! Impressive and bright as hell! I definitely can't do that mod! That would shatter my whole theme with the brightness!

Damn good job man! Get that DIY up! I know some people want that joint!
Old 05-23-2007, 07:32 PM
Back after 1 Year!

Thanks! Glad you like it

We'll have DIY & more pics up later today
Old 05-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Welcome, my custom grill brothers! (SteveP66 and sandiegodrive) The fraternity welcomes you. Both rides are looking great.

Sandiegodrive, I'll see you at the meet!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:03 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

<------ Self Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica......
Old 05-23-2007, 10:15 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Steve...
Great job man. Making me jealous.
It looks GREAT. What else you knockin out this week?

Got my rear license trim today. woot... I'll get that done over the weekend. brett, we're waitin on your DIY pics

My grill parts and emblems get here Friday, then off to Alex... looks like I'm 3-4 weeks out on my grille plan.

Already got the back section of the grille and I'm cutting out the mesh and making a new silver mesh backing (to match the lowers) this weekend as well.
Still wrestling with what color to paint the center bar as well... still angleing for a black/colormatch look.

Found a mechanic to help with the supercharger... 3 weeks out on that as well.

sandiegroove, you MUST do a write up on that. That looks really interesting. I think it would look even hotter if you mounted them BEHIND the grill. Stealth by day, fogs by night.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:18 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Welcome, my custom grill brothers! (SteveP66 and sandiegodrive) The fraternity welcomes you. Both rides are looking great.

Sandiegodrive, I'll see you at the meet!
What the??????? What about me? How come I'm not invited to any reindeer games? Do I not sit on the "Grille Board"??? Sheesh!
Old 05-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Steve...

Thanks Chris -

I'll never be able to solder blue LED's but ----

By this time next week I will have the emblems on, trunk trim (I hope), Aspec body kit and maybe the TLS grill (I have to try). I haven't ordered or decided what to do on the lowers yet.

Oh and a fresh Zaino before the photo shoot......LOL
Old 05-23-2007, 10:57 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Originally Posted by darksom1
What the??????? What about me? How come I'm not invited to any reindeer games? Do I not sit on the "Grille Board"??? Sheesh!
You're already part of the fraternity, dude! I'm simply welcoming sandiegodrive and SteveP66.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Steve...Got my rear license trim today. woot... I'll get that done over the weekend. brett, we're waitin on your DIY pics
I'll knock that out tomorrow morning (hopefully). I've been really busy lately. I still want to contribute to the AZ goodness, though.

sandiegroove, you MUST do a write up on that. That looks really interesting. I think it would look even hotter if you mounted them BEHIND the grill. Stealth by day, fogs by night.
X2 (possibly). What about that, AND adding a second set below that center bar area? That might be overkill, but it might also balance it out. Either way, it looks great now....just giving some idearz.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Starcraft II addict

Sandiegodrive, that looks awesome! I know some are wanting the bigger LEDs on there but I think the look you have there looks great as well. The bigger LEDs would still get looks but I think the reaction to these would evoke a true "WTF was that" look.

SteveP66, You are so lucky that I wanted to experiment with different looks and was willing to part with those pieces. Just playing. I hate to admit it but those look hot one your car. That blacking level is definitely just right for a silver car. It also looks good on the NBP for someone that is going for a subtle change with a little shine but not overly done. However that darn darksom1 has gotten my mind on going darker. I've been pulled in and there is no escape!

I'm slowly trying to get back into grill modding again. I should be finished with moving this weekend and I should be getting two rear A emblems from Tim next week. I'll be sending them to Alex for some experimental coloring. We will be trying a Light black (darker than anything else so far) and then a deep glossy black look. It'll probably be a month before I get results on that as I don't even have the pieces yet.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:17 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

However that darn darksom1 has gotten my mind on going darker. I've been pulled in and there is no escape!

Yesssss...embrace it young Buda, for it is your destinyyyyy!!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:19 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

You're already part of the fraternity, dude! I'm simply welcoming sandiegodrive and SteveP66.
Oh...uuhhh...I knew that!
Old 05-24-2007, 12:52 AM
I (don't) whine.

i need to see the leds at night..well what are you waiting for!?
Old 05-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Back after 1 Year!

Steve...
They're are hidden in the grill. They don't stick out. I'll take more pics tomorrow at dusk or dawn.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:25 AM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Steve...

Got my rear license trim today. woot... I'll get that done over the weekend. brett, we're waitin on your DIY pics

My grill parts and emblems get here Friday, then off to Alex... looks like I'm 3-4 weeks out on my grille plan.

Already got the back section of the grille and I'm cutting out the mesh and making a new silver mesh backing (to match the lowers) this weekend as well.
Still wrestling with what color to paint the center bar as well... still angleing for a black/colormatch look.

What color are you doing the chrome Chris...........you were doing the hood trim and V ?but not the wing......is that right
Old 05-24-2007, 08:43 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Hey fellas, a reminder!

We talk in HERE about what we did with the grilles, not in the other grille thread. The other one is supposed to just be for posting the grille pics and DIY. That way we don't get it shut down. You know how "they" get about that!
Old 05-24-2007, 11:42 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lower grill mod done!

This looks badass. I want exactly what you have, expect on the top and bottom of the grill. I hop you get that DIY, up soon. I need something to do
Old 05-24-2007, 11:46 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

What color are you doing the chrome Chris...........you were doing the hood trim and V ?but not the wing......is that right
Yep, Black Chrome just like you. I'm only doing the hood and lower trim, and center emblem in BC , then blacking out the center wing.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:47 PM
Back after 1 Year!

Originally Posted by tehloxely
This looks badass. I want exactly what you have, expect on the top and bottom of the grill. I hop you get that DIY, up soon. I need something to do
It'll be up as soon as I can get all the info.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It'll be up as soon as I can get all the info.
:claps:
Old 05-24-2007, 06:23 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Yep, Black Chrome just like you. I'm only doing the hood and lower trim, and center emblem in BC , then blacking out the center wing.
Blacking it out as in YOU doing it,or professional?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by darksom1
Blacking it out as in YOU doing it,or professional?
Sounds cool Chris - I can't wait to see this............I think you will really like the chrome job too. Mine has a hint of blue to it and really flows well with the ASM. Of course it changes color constantly depending upon the sunlight......

Dark - If Chris is doing it himself it will be professional.......he's a perfectionist

BTW I got my emblems on tonight - I had a little trouble with the center A and the "TL" but as of now they are on. (the OEM 3M tape wasn't holding at all)

I'll get you guys some pics when the sun comes back up - I finished up via my driveway spotlights.....9:30pm EST.

Ok, back on grills ..........

You already know what the front of my TL looks like now with the smoked chrome grill...........um Page 28 I think (If I were a certain somebody I'd post another pic...LOL)

I had an idea tonight for the two lowers grills and I wanted to run it by my "Grill Squad" for an opinion - good or bad I can take it.......

How about a piece of mesh - chromed like my grill in the lower grills?

OR
Old 05-24-2007, 09:16 PM
Godfather of Chrome

I had an idea tonight for the two lowers grills and I wanted to run it by my "Grill Squad" for an opinion - good or bad I can take it.......

OR
Is that going to be just a panel of mesh by itself or are you going to be retaining that center strip that runs horizontally and putting the mesh behind it?
Old 05-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Is that going to be just a panel of mesh by itself or are you going to be retaining that center strip that runs horizontally and putting the mesh behind it?

Hey Cousin - I was thinking of keeping the center strip but removing the insides......it's either this or I'm going black powdercoat.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Starcraft II addict

Hmmm... has potential. We may need some good photochop skills for this one. Having it to bright would not look good IMO. But get the right level of black chrome for it and I think it would look good. I'd just worry about it getting beat up by rocks.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Hmmm... has potential. We may need some good photochop skills for this one. Having it to bright would not look good IMO. But get the right level of black chrome for it and I think it would look good. I'd just worry about it getting beat up by rocks.
Anything placed down there will be beaten up for sure - hummm .......... I gotta think this one over it could be expensive too if he has to chrome then color........those grills are not small.

Might be too much of a good thing ......

(Next week the Aspec kit goes on)

Now who has Modificationitis.......
Old 05-24-2007, 09:56 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Hey Cousin - I was thinking of keeping the center strip but removing the insides......it's either this or I'm going black powdercoat.
OK, I see. Well, I like both options really. Would you be black powdercoating the entire lower grills? That would be a sweet and subtle look. The mesh will definitely stand out and give your car a much different look, whether that's good or bad is in the eye of the beholder; but it definitely will make your car look different.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

I would do the entire lower grill but leave the horizontal piece..........I can't imagine the grill without it since it fits into the inside corner of the bumper.....

I can't get too far ahead of myself tho - I have a lot to do next week with the Aspec
Old 05-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Oh I see. So doing mesh with the powdercoating then. At first I thought you meant powdercoating the OEM grills. I think I'm leaning toward mesh with powdercoating instead of just naked aluminum-y mesh. Then, paint the horizontal strip body color.

Quick Reply: Warmer Out! Time For A New Grill!!