Warmer Out! Time For A New Grill!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:53 PM
King of NYC

Received 217 Likes on 154 Posts
Hey I just did my angel eyes too!!!

HAHAHA! OK guys I can't keep playin. I know you guys will hate me!! That is photoshopped!! My photoshop skills are gettin better, though some of you have sharp eyes, good job!

I WISH that's my car. But this is a sneak peek of what I have in plan. Looks great I must say.

The car is actually xtin's car. I hope she doesn't mind I used it; she upgraded to a non-Acura car, I don't think she's on this forum anymore.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think using the center bar was/is a great idea. Both Darth's and rockyfeller's mods look great - make no mistake about it. I actually kind of think it's cool that they accomplished similar looks by taking different approaches.

I can't wait to see what Kennedy's looks like on his WDP.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Starcraft II addict

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts
^-- LOL, I would have caught you on the Angel eyes part. I'd have been like, damn that was fast shipping!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Location: Santa Cruz, and yes I'm a hippie with retro 1970s sideburns and a chrome fetish
Originally Posted by rockyfeller
Hey I just did my angel eyes too!!!

HAHAHA! OK guys I can't keep playin. I know you guys will hate me!! That is photoshopped!! My photoshop skills are gettin better, though some of you have sharp eyes, good job!

I WISH that's my car. But this is a sneak peek of what I have in plan. Looks great I must say.
You little b----!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:58 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennedy
waiting for parts...
no crappy R&B references from my childhood. More Tom Petty references... "The waiting is the hardest part".

Buda, Steve, Ray... One of you guys have an extra center bar I could buy so I could go ahead and experiment in painting it?

Steve, you ever hear back from the TL-S rear trim guy? I might wanna try again too.
Damn, dude didn't give me the old parts else I would have just given them to you. I couldn't use them. I guess that's why I didn't ask for them. I will call him just in case they are still there. Come to think of it, yeah, I should have got those back! Dammit!

LOL at Tom Petty!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:01 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by brettallica
I think using the center bar was/is a great idea. Both Darth's and rockyfeller's mods look great - make no mistake about it. I actually kind of think it's cool that they accomplished similar looks by taking different approaches.

I can't wait to see what Kennedy's looks like on his WDP.
Sneaky ass Rocky!!!!!! Hahahahahahaha!! Good one! PPLAPW...see what we have to go thru man? LOL!

Me and Chris should be able to have a photoshoot one day when he does his!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
^ I know he got me......

Looks really good though.......

BTW, I have something new in the works with a new bumper + a grill mod.....
Old 06-06-2007, 11:10 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by PPLAPW
^ I know he got me......

Looks really good though.......

BTW, I have something new in the works with a new bumper + a grill mod.....
Hurry up post whore! And no more hoaxs! I can't take anymore!!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:15 PM
King of NYC

I adjusted that grille to color match. I photoshopped those foglights on too. I wanted to photoshop mesh on the lower grilles too. I could have spent some extra time and hid those edges you guys saw, It would have taken me another hour. Aaaanyways that was FUN HAHA!

OK I will stop bein a bitch, the next pic I post on this thread will be a real one, I promise.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:17 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
I adjusted that grille to color match. I photoshopped those foglights on too. I wanted to photoshop mesh on the lower grilles too. I could have spent some extra time and hid those edges you guys saw, It would have taken me another hour. Aaaanyways that was FUN HAHA!

OK I will stop bein a bitch, the next pic I post on this thread will be a real one, I promise.
Haha...Hey Rocky, I used to ask Sandiego to photochop for me...you are hired now! LOL! Besides, Sandiego is a bigtime movie producer now! Hahahahahaha!!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:26 PM
Starcraft II addict

waiting for parts...
no crappy R&B references from my childhood. More Tom Petty references... "The waiting is the hardest part".

Buda, Steve, Ray... One of you guys have an extra center bar I could buy so I could go ahead and experiment in painting it?

Steve, you ever hear back from the TL-S rear trim guy? I might wanna try again too.
I no longer have an extra cross bar as I sold the black chromed one to Steve. I just got the one on my car. I won't be ordering another one until I get done with the black chroming experiments with Alex and find the look I am going for.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:29 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Buda
I no longer have an extra cross bar as I sold the black chromed one to Steve. I just got the one on my car. I won't be ordering another one until I get done with the black chroming experiments with Alex and find the look I am going for.
Fuck it, cut it! We need a representative of the Deluxe Grille somewhere where it's cold and whatnot! Just do it man! Feel the dremel...be the dremel!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Godfather of Chrome

waiting for parts...

Kennedy, I have my extra center bar still, but I'm saving it for revert action if I (or the next owner) decide(s) if that's what's best; however, Delray Acura is selling them for pretty cheap, and it comes as an entire assembly with the "A" emblem, the cup that holds it, and of course the center bar -- all for only $27.36. Not a bad deal at all.

Here's the link: http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...MBLEM_%28A%29#

(http://www.acuraoemparts.com/delray/...EMBLEM+%28A%29)
Old 06-06-2007, 11:48 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Hey Brett, did I ever tell you that I conquered the hyperlink "word" thing? Yup, Imma Jedi master now! Heh heh

What do you think of Rocky's lil prank? He had me fooled big time man! I thought that he and I were twins for a sec! LOL! At least he knows now that if he did do it, it would go over well!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:52 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Originally Posted by darksom1
Hey Brett, did I ever tell you that I conquered the hyperlink "word" thing? Yup, Imma Jedi master now! Heh heh

What do you think of Rocky's lil prank? He had me fooled big time man! I thought that he and I were twins for a sec! LOL! At least he knows now that if he did do it, it would go over well!
Indeed! He had a lot of us tricked. But yeah, we know it'll look great if/when he gets it all done.

So now you're finally living up to your darkside nickname with being a Jedi master. Just be sure to use those powers for good, not evil.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:50 AM
Back after 1 Year!

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by darksom1
Haha...Hey Rocky, I used to ask Sandiego to photochop for me...you are hired now! LOL! Besides, Sandiego is a bigtime movie producer now! Hahahahahaha!!

Yeah well one DIY at a time
Old 06-07-2007, 07:35 AM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I did - I'll PM you where you can find him
Old 06-08-2007, 04:31 PM
King of NYC

OK so I also got my rear TL-S trim and installed it. Looks good! I took my time and dremelled real careful. I got it absoultely perfect. I thought, awesome got it done right the 1st time. But OF COURSE I couldn't leave well enough alone. The cutter left the area slightly jagged so I used the sanding bit and that's where I screwed up. I took an extra 1mm off by accident. (kick my nuts!) I thought "screw it" and did the same on the other side to match. It's hardly noticable but I know what you guys mean by that perfectionist thing.....Ah, I'll get over it, it's not worth another $25.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Are you sure you didn't just photoshop the install....? (jk)
Old 06-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Starcraft II addict

^-- Lmao
Old 06-08-2007, 06:59 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Hell, I think he photoshopped the purchase of the trim!

Sorry Rocky, but until we see real results, we are keeping handy!!
Old 06-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Reminder: know your roots!

Attention grill mod disciples - just thought you might want to remember my grill and reminisce about the good ol' days back on page 1 and 2 of this thread... You know, 30 some-odd pages ago!

Old 06-09-2007, 04:58 PM
King of NYC

Hardy har har! Now I have to prove myself? Aaa Ok.

That's no photoshop; see how dirty my car is? That's real dirt man! I think the car looks 200X better now and it's worth the mod even if it's sorta a pain. I thought this trim would only look good if you have the TL-S tails too but I'm just not a fan of the TL-S tails. I think along with my plate frame it just goes beautiful!

Ooops I had a promise to keep....well I said that the next picture would be real, after that it's all game.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by brettallica
Attention grill mod disciples - just thought you might want to remember my grill and reminisce about the good ol' days back on page 1 and 2 of this thread... You know, 30 some-odd pages ago!
He led me down the path to chrome-ness.......

Our TL's are now the "Chromed Cousins".....LOL

Old 06-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveP66
He led me down the path to chrome-ness.......

Our TL's are now the "Chromed Cousins".....LOL

This looks tight!! Please provide info on how, where and how much? Yes I'm very lazy to go through the last 35 pages if it is explained there. It looks like you got it black chromed.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:35 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by Elegant TYPE S
This looks tight!! Please provide info on how, where and how much? Yes I'm very lazy to go through the last 35 pages if it is explained there. It looks like you got it black chromed.
Vendor rules! You have to PM him and "Buda" for the "how and where" on that one!
Old 06-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Angry As if this weekend wasn't stressful enough......

I knew I should have waited till I had more time........

I hate to admit it guys but I had a little accident putting in my trunk trim.

Yesterday was pretty stressful (spent the entire day in the ER taking care of some family health issues)

- I thought I could relax this morning and do something to help unwind.

Looks like I'm going to be buying a new rear license plate trim afterall.....

The chrome trim looks fantastic but I can not live with that crack..........crack kills!

I'm sick over it - but there is nothing I can do about it but get a new trim - lesson learned.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Starcraft II addict

OMG!!! How did that happen?
Old 06-10-2007, 04:00 PM
Godfather of Chrome

Dude, that is total crap! Were you just muscling the thing out when you were trying to remove it?!

Man, I'm sorry to hear that happened. Also, my condolences to the family health issue. Hopefully that works itself out, too.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:47 PM
Starcraft II addict

I still can't believe it cracked like that. That really sucks. The black chromed trim does look awesome on you car. It does complete the rear with the chroming.

I got my A emblems in on friday. I'll be sending them and your "TL" emblem to Alex for chroming early this week.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:58 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Hmm, if anything, that's a "killa" crack! And you are right, that can't be fixed. Sorry to hear that on both accounts. I know the other thing is omnipresent on your mind.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Starcraft II addict

Hope the family is alright.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:07 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

34511-sep-a01 Lamp Unit $191.90

Well, one issue can be fixed more easily than the other but in the end both should be ok....

The crack sucks - and a new piece just cost me $191.90. Not much I can do about it now but dip into the slush fund and pay up - I can't leave it the way it is..

It all happened so fast - started taking it apart - got side tracked with a phone call I had to take - came back to the car and totally forgot where I left off - too much on my mind.......
Old 06-10-2007, 07:43 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
try this one: 34511-SEP-A21

Steve, why don't you order the 2007 TL-S rear trim that is DESIGNED and COMES WITH that black chrome trim installed? and it has the cutout for the reverse camera (which means you can add one without cutting in the future).

That's what I would do if I had to replace the rear trim. It's $217, but worth the investment to not have to make another attempt at the mod. I'm 99% sure it'll bolt right up.

I'll buy your trimmed up black chrome pirce to replace my "first attempt".

Well, one issue can be fixed more easily than the other but in the end both should be ok....

The crack sucks - and a new piece just cost me $191.90. Not much I can do about it now but dip into the slush fund and pay up - I can't leave it the way it is..

It all happened so fast - started taking it apart - got side tracked with a phone call I had to take - came back to the car and totally forgot where I left off - too much on my mind.......
Old 06-10-2007, 07:47 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

^Wow, if that's the case, that might be a worthwhile investment for me too! I'm going to add the camera within a month or two. The only reason I don't have it now is because I haven't made my mind up about what I would do with my stereo as far as upgrades or mods. Thanks for the tip Kennedy!
Old 06-10-2007, 08:53 PM
King of NYC

That sucks Steve! Looks like you pryed/pulled from the wrong direction. Don't pry anwhere from the outside! Next time after you take the nuts off just pound lightly inside near the back up lights and the whole piece should pop out. (Takes a few tries)

Talk about a bad day because of rushing things....I scratched the hell out of my entertainment center with a new TV and scratched my friend's van because of trying not taking my time to do it another day yesterday. I wanted to do everything in 1 day. It happens when you're distracted. I guess you were sorta trying to distract yourself a little bit with your stressful day. I hope everything is better now.

The only 1 good thing out of this is that you can get that TL-S piece this time and get a perfectly fitting untrimmed piece now. Darksom you're going to change that whole piece? Man, you got some money to spend!
Old 06-10-2007, 09:46 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

I really should have just left it for another day.
- Somehow I thought it would help me relax for a little bit before I had to go back out and take care of some things..

Actually Rocky - there is no good thing about it....other than it can be replaced. I wasn't using the TLS trim - I had the customer chromed one going on at the time.

Originally Posted by kennedy
Steve, why don't you order the 2007 TL-S rear trim that is DESIGNED and COMES WITH that black chrome trim installed? and it has the cutout for the reverse camera (which means you can add one without cutting in the future).

I'll buy your trimmed up black chrome pirce to replace my "first attempt".
Good idea but I have no use for the camera - no nav..... Did you get my PM to email that guy for a new trim???
Old 06-10-2007, 09:58 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 216 Likes on 131 Posts
Sorry that happened Steve. Ive done that shit before. I think I may have heard you scream from here
Old 06-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by trancemission
Sorry that happened Steve. Ive done that shit before. I think I may have heard you scream from here

Yup - that was me............"Oh F@#%" <screaming> (thanks....)
Old 06-11-2007, 07:16 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
I did, waiting to hear back. Thanks.
It still would be worth the extra few bucks to have the piece that actually fits correctly in my mind...

I really should have just left it for another day.
- Somehow I thought it would help me relax for a little bit before I had to go back out and take care of some things..

Actually Rocky - there is no good thing about it....other than it can be replaced. I wasn't using the TLS trim - I had the customer chromed one going on at the time.

Good idea but I have no use for the camera - no nav..... Did you get my PM to email that guy for a new trim???

Quick Reply: Warmer Out! Time For A New Grill!!