Tl / Accord V6 Headers Are Here Look!!!!(Product Details pg 9)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 08:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mine should arrive this week. My mechanic doesn't have any time until the 13th. So, I'll have some dyno results of a s/c with the headers in about two weeks. I can't wait to see what the gains are.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:04 PM
321 whp SAE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dan.....k
Mine should arrive this week. My mechanic doesn't have any time until the 13th. So, I'll have some dyno results of a s/c with the headers in about two weeks. I can't wait to see what the gains are.
awesome man.. i should have mine on at the end of the week or next.. we'll be in a class of our own.. hah
Old 02-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by ESP
Hello,
We are accepting deposit payments first. We will accept payment through Paypal.
Paypal address is: mike@e-shiftperformance.com
This is for the Acura TL and Honda Accord V6. (Pro-Cat)
When you have made payment please leave a note, your name and telephone number so we can contact you once payment (deposit) has been cleared and put you on the list.

Deposit of $600.00 USD

You can reach us at:
1.732.290.7800 if you have any questions. Please ask for Mike or Wayne.

Thank you.

Just want to bump this in case anybody is reading this thread for the first time.

I will do this every couple of pages or so because this thread is supposed to be for a group buy.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Originally Posted by ESP
Here is a little information on our design:

E-Shift ProCat

· 100% Stainless Steel
· Uses a unique 200 cell p/inch high performance full metal catalyst
· Fully polished
· EPA and CARB compliant [stamped]
· Stamped with CAxx
· Ideal for forced induction vehicles

Most cats on the market are NOT high flow and ILLEGAL. These units are EPA and CARB approved. The initial flow comparison of air through the cat is reduced by no more that 10%.

Remember you can send your deposit payment through Paypal.
Paypal address: mike@e-shiftperformance.com

Deposit of $600.00 USD

Thank you
Bumped this one too..
Old 02-27-2006, 09:36 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Teh Jatt
sorry if this has been asked before but did any one in Cali buy the headers and will they pass the smog?
anyone?
Old 02-27-2006, 11:30 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by Teh Jatt
anyone?

wont pass visual unless ESP can provide the paperword showing when they were carb approved
Old 02-28-2006, 12:24 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
^ thanx
Old 02-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nitrotiger
I usally use 19's but it's not the season for them yet i usally cut 2.0 2.1 60ft on those with no prbolems and usally rsults in a 14.0 for my car. and that was at 98.88mph so i know with a good 60ft and this mph i will have no problem at all getting into the 13's. This week i am working on getting a clutch quick Mike from E-shift is going to help me out with his i will keep you informed there maybe a E-shift clutch in the near future will see. As for Blktl1 he could not get any traction what so ever. We did manage do run each other once we were dead even till i hit 4th and then i pulled a half car on him to the finish line. Were seeing the deference between the injen intake and the the AEM i believe. The AEM is 3inch and the Injen is 2.5inch

yeah traction was an issue. I need to get my nittos back on there. also i think the 4th gear pull was also due to the tire pressure difference. you had more psi in yous so that helped the pullin 4th. NItro can drive his car very well and we are pretty comparible in the ablilty to drive. I think if we both put on good tires, we will run similar times. the aem intake is definately helping him. His mid range dyno shows almost a 10 hp difference from mine. his torquw is also a bit higher. He may have a stronger car or it is the intake that makes the difference. I dunno. I will probably be done there again this weekend. I will also have my nittos on there this weekend so if the weather cooperates I should do very well.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:23 PM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by blktl1
yeah traction was an issue. I need to get my nittos back on there. also i think the 4th gear pull was also due to the tire pressure difference. you had more psi in yous so that helped the pullin 4th. NItro can drive his car very well and we are pretty comparible in the ablilty to drive. I think if we both put on good tires, we will run similar times. the aem intake is definately helping him. His mid range dyno shows almost a 10 hp difference from mine. his torquw is also a bit higher. He may have a stronger car or it is the intake that makes the difference. I dunno. I will probably be done there again this weekend. I will also have my nittos on there this weekend so if the weather cooperates I should do very well.
get that supercharger on there and you'll be pulling on everybody.. well that's if you put some sort of glue on your tires..
Old 02-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
get that supercharger on there and you'll be pulling on everybody.. well that's if you put some sort of glue on your tires..
Ill tell you what, it you get the NItto's that I have it will be a lot easier for you to hook up. Im telling you, get the NT555r's and it will be so much better.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:41 PM
Import and Domestic owner

Let me know if you go down there this weekend. I was planning on going to Atco this Friday night, but if you are going to go to englishtown I will meet up with you and go. I wanted to go last weekend, but I had to go to wildwood all weekend for a convention. I am definately running my car this weekend, I have the 18" rims with michelin p/s all seasons on there. If the weather is above 50 I should have no problem hooking up cause I have and auto. Last night I was able to chirp second gear with an auto, 3rd time I have done this. Nice.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by againstallodds1
Let me know if you go down there this weekend. I was planning on going to Atco this Friday night, but if you are going to go to englishtown I will meet up with you and go. I wanted to go last weekend, but I had to go to wildwood all weekend for a convention. I am definately running my car this weekend, I have the 18" rims with michelin p/s all seasons on there. If the weather is above 50 I should have no problem hooking up cause I have and auto. Last night I was able to chirp second gear with an auto, 3rd time I have done this. Nice.
i am going to do my best to get down there this weekend. i have alot to do as far as get my new nittos on there. i want to get them on so bad for a day at the track. I have Kumho kh11's on there and I cant hook for shit. i wanted a half way decent tire for the winter but they suck in all weather. I will never get these again.
Old 02-28-2006, 03:49 PM
321 whp SAE

Ill tell you what, it you get the NItto's that I have it will be a lot easier for you to hook up. Im telling you, get the NT555r's and it will be so much better.
i have the michelin ps2's and they are super quiet on the highway.. how are the nittos??
Old 02-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Please direct all group buy questions to ESP..

ESP Group Buy Thread
Old 02-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Racer

if we could get back on track...

...can someone summarize:

-increase in horsepower w/ Comptech catback?
-increase in horsepower w/ stock exhaust?

-any increase in noise audible w/ Comptech exhaust?
-any increase in noise audible w/ stock exhast?

-any driveability issues (positive or negative)?

-any check engine light issues?
Old 03-01-2006, 06:05 AM

18-20 whp with comptech catback. I believe there is also a 18whp gain with stock exhaust also. Noise is a little deeper, sounds a little meaner. I had them on for over 500 miles and no check engine light.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by bklynpanman
they do make VHT you can buy and spread on your tires...its what they prep tracks with
Old 03-01-2006, 08:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by typeR
they do make VHT you can buy and spread on your tires...its what they prep tracks with

HUhhh. Ill have to try that when I get the charger on there.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:32 AM

I wonder if I will have a problem with traction on an auto when I get my charger? I do have a problem with traction off the now, and it will get worst with a charger. But once I get moving, I am ok.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:37 AM
321 whp SAE

I wonder if I will have a problem with traction on an auto when I get my charger? I do have a problem with traction off the now, and it will get worst with a charger. But once I get moving, I am ok.

can't go wot in 1st.. even in second at wot.. as the rpms increase, the wheels are barely holding on.. << may also be a weight distribution problem i want to correct with the new suspension...
Old 03-01-2006, 09:03 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
I think the supercharger and Procats together will introduce a major traction problem.

I'm waiting for Henry and/or Dave to give a review.

It will be interesting to see how much gain with the charger these Cats will add....30 whp? 35?
Old 03-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
I think the supercharger and Procats together will introduce a major traction problem.

I'm waiting for Henry and/or Dave to give a review.

It will be interesting to see how much gain with the charger these Cats will add....30 whp? 35?
On a boosted tl that is what I am going to predict. about a 35 whp increase.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:20 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
My TL pulls strong until it hits 106 mph at the end of 3rd gear.

I hope this Procat will enable it to pull harder in this range.

Technically it should help a lot.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:10 AM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
My TL pulls strong until it hits 106 mph at the end of 3rd gear.

I hope this Procat will enable it to pull harder in this range.

Technically it should help a lot.
i'm pumped.. picking mine up today.. 3rd on the 6mt only brings you to about 90, but the pull is sooo nice.. can't wait to see what these cats will do.. unfortunately either the charger or the radiator has to come out to get the front cat in..
Old 03-02-2006, 02:46 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Heres what I got from studying my performance sheets and times after pro-cat install:

Base gain of between 14 and 17 WHP with the new e-Shift Pro Cats installed and a gain in qtr mile times of 1/2 second and added nearly 4mph more to the qtr mile speed too. I have some charts I have to get transferred into graphics, but this is the crux of the results. Bottom line....if you havent placed your order and are thinking about it....high recommends from me. Saves 1/4 mile times, makes power thoughout the band as mentioned and I have seen this in the paper results. I have checked 0-10, 0-20, 0-30 all the way to 0-90 on both before and after install and you can see saved time all the way through the time spectrum (translating into "increased torque across the band" ie...pulling harder, going faster covering more ground in less time) I got about the gains I expected as I have an automatic so I am gonna lose a bit more though the trans (about 5% more loss at least) to the street than the manuals will....so I would expect a few less horses as a result. The car runs a bit quieter on the highway(my guess is due to decreased backpressure)...but louder/raspier in general in a good way. Not much...just a bit more "nasty" sounding (good thing). I have noticed increased gas milage...but not being a tracker of milage...I dont know how much. I just know given the area I regularly travel that I am using less gas by a bit. Another positive result of this mod has been the increased throttle response right off the line....with the loss of some of the backpressure....it seems that it is willing to jump right off the line and very fast and hard compared to OEM setup. The place I had install it fully checked out the cats before-hand, mentioned that the welds may not be the prettiest he had seen...but appeared to be very adequate and should have no probs. Personally, I didnt see anything wrong with the welds whatsoever and they looked great to me too...but i am not a pro racer either? This comment may be a bit critical and tossed from one speed shop at another as he had never heard of e-shift before (we are a long way from NJ toto!) so I wouldnt put a lot into that...but it was mentioned so I thought I would also mention it...but definately qualify the statement at the same time...you hear this same thing when watching the biker buildoff shows and the amt of precision they are talking about it usually not really a big deal, just something to throw out there? Everything bolted right in as expected with little to no "tweaking" needed whatsoever to get things to line right up. As previously mentioned...the back side cat is the hardest to do as mentioned by the install shop, Super Street Concepts, Zionsville, IN. They charged $140 to do the install work and it took about 1.75 hours (they had not done one before though). When I picked the car up...they mentioned that everything went great with the cat installs and that everything was AOK! No CEL came on ever after the install ever. The rough idle I mentioned right when I got home went away just as I expected and things are great now. I think the computer was still adjusting to the new cats increased flow though....no probs whatsoever now! Traction on the automatics...it will burn the tires good off the line but not overly obnoxious or wasting, it gets up and goes fairly fast - not a sit and spin deal....my guess is a bit of help from the increased weight of the auto trans on front end combined with the automatics torque converter taking some of this away compared to the manuals... I really would like to recommend this mod to anybody that is considering it. This car really isnt the same car as it was before! I would say this is a great bang for the buck! High recommends. Working on transferring the charts to graphics....will get em up asap.

Here is a few pics I mentioned earlier of this guys Honda gasoline 8.66 second setup he let me take when I was there.... dude had more NOPI trophies, NDRA awards, X-Box championship Cups and runner up awards, ect that I have ever seen before in one place. WOW...must have been over 30 or 40 each of em!

at the races...figured I would show one more of it together.
Old 03-02-2006, 05:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Good write up Benz. Thats what I was waiting for.

Now someone with a Supercharger needs to add this on and see what kind of gains they get.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Nice write up Mike (and pics...now that's a Civic!)...out of curiosity, do you have some aversion to paragraphs?
Old 03-02-2006, 09:10 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by chill_dog
Nice write up Mike (and pics...now that's a Civic!)...out of curiosity, do you have some aversion to paragraphs?
Thanks Chill_Dog. Ya.....point taken! Prob should have went ahead and spaced that baby out....but crap....never been into space or time.:blaze: My fault...was in a hurry when I wrote it up.

Executive Overview: Buy the dang things! Well worth it!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:13 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by invincible569
Good write up Benz. Thats what I was waiting for.

Now someone with a Supercharger needs to add this on and see what kind of gains they get.
Actually...I seem to remember somebody telling me that BryklnPanMan was getting his installed yesterday and that is S/C'd....so that should be added to the mix shortly I am sure.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Dr. Feelgood

Yeah, great rite up MB. Mike from E-shift called to confirm my order yesterday. This second batch won't be in for another 2 1/2 weeks. Can't wait! MB did you take a 0 to 60?
Old 03-02-2006, 11:29 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by 05TLTony
MB did you take a 0 to 60?
Yes....saved about .58 sec from OEM cats from 0-60. Before it came out at 6.57 and after it came out at 5.92, a net savings of .65 from 0 mph to 60 mph...and in my eyes the only way to get a net savings of .65 from 0-60 is more torque across the board (actually I have breakouts from 0-10 through 0-90 that show an increase all the way across)...again...proving though the times the same thing the dynos have shown....an increase across the board. Given these 0-60 times are from my G-timer...I left the setup the exact same before and after, changed nothing whatsoever and ran at the exact same time of night the very next night at the same temp (within 2 degrees) and on the same exact place in the road and tracked the direction as well...so I only compared north runs with north runs and south runs with south runs, ect. which would account for any wind variences from going north or south (not much difference really but wanted to take as much into account as possible). Even had around the same fuel (1/2 tank) so weight would be approx the same too and timer unit mounted to same EXACT spot it was before. Tired to be as scientific as possible about keeping all variables the same down to the fact I had not eaten yet on either night (strictly coincidence there - lol).
Old 03-02-2006, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Yes....saved about .58 sec from OEM cats from 0-60. Before it came out at 6.57 and after it came out at 5.92, a net savings of .65 from 0 mph to 60 mph...and in my eyes the only way to get a net savings of .65 from 0-60 is more torque across the board (actually I have breakouts from 0-10 through 0-90 that show an increase all the way across)...again...proving though the times the same thing the dynos have shown....an increase across the board. Given these 0-60 times are from my G-timer...I left the setup the exact same before and after, changed nothing whatsoever and ran at the exact same time of night the very next night at the same temp (within 2 degrees) and on the same exact place in the road and tracked the direction as well...so I only compared north runs with north runs and south runs with south runs, ect. which would account for any wind variences from going north or south (not much difference really but wanted to take as much into account as possible). Even had around the same fuel (1/2 tank) so weight would be approx the same too and timer unit mounted to same EXACT spot it was before. Tired to be as scientific as possible about keeping all variables the same down to the fact I had not eaten yet on either night (strictly coincidence there - lol).
You have everything I have, I get 0-60 in 5.62 now and before e-shift procats 5.80. What does your g-timer read for 60'. I get mine down to 2.22. I dont know if sea level means anything with g-timer, but I am right near the ocean, about 7 miles. You should be getting 5.6? in the 0-60 though. Look at my signature and see if there is anything I have and you dont. I cant see anything. I have about 15,800k miles on the car. Synthetic oil also.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
You have everything I have, I get 0-60 in 5.62 now and before e-shift procats 5.80. What does your g-timer read for 60'. I get mine down to 2.22. I dont know if sea level means anything with g-timer, but I am right near the ocean, about 7 miles. You should be getting 5.6? in the 0-60 though. Look at my signature and see if there is anything I have and you dont. I cant see anything. I have about 15,800k miles on the car. Synthetic oil also.
i think some of you guys should consider the 3.5 L conversion
Old 03-02-2006, 12:45 PM

Id like to know more about it, I dont know anything about it, but am willing to consider it.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Id like to know more about it, I dont know anything about it, but am willing to consider it.
Basicly taking the MDX bottom end and put your head on the the MDX Shortblock you will have crazy TQ And more power for sure. Something to think about for the same money or less i believe you would make the same power as the S/C but more TQ then S/C
Old 03-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nitrotiger
Basicly taking the MDX bottom end and put your head on the the MDX Shortblock you will have crazy TQ And more power for sure. Something to think about for the same money or less i believe you would make the same power as the S/C but more TQ then S/C
Would our transmission fit on that setup. also it would need great tuning to run properly. Some guys did this with the RSX, it is called a frankenstein. The motor needs superior tuning once this is done. to me its not worth the headaches that could arise.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Are the RL and MDX 3.5L engines identical except for the tunning to make the RL more horses?
Old 03-02-2006, 02:37 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Let me check that one. What do you have plugged into your weight and other settings also? I think my weight is set at 3840 or something like this and I would have to check some of the other settings....that can account for me being off too...maybe I have something set up wrong. Check your set up screens and let me know what you have in em and I will do the same when I get home (its on the kitchen table now) so I can figure out what I have set up wrong. I still havent done one of those glide tests either....maybe thats something I should check...I think I went with one of the suggested defaults.

I also was thinking about it and didnt know if they actually disconnected the battery either as suggested by Mike at E-shift...so when I was home at lunch I disconnected it for about two hours just to be sure. Then when I started it...of course...I immediately second guessed my decision (did I dupe it...lose something SSC (the installer) may have programmed in it for me resetting the computer?.....is it as fast now...i think its slower....ect....all these racing through my mind now....lol). I hope I am just being paranoid.... but I can dupe more things messing with it twice on a whim than if i'd of just left it alone, if you know what I mean!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:43 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

god...see how that works...been wondering now nonstop....could I have lost something - settings or presets or something in the computer that the SSC guys may have done for me while tinkering with the car by disconnecting the battery and resetting the computer? What do you guys think? Or again...am I just paranoid?
Old 03-02-2006, 02:55 PM

I never messed with any of the settings on the g-timer. From what I understood, you only need to tweek the settings for accurate hp readings. From what I hear different levels above sea can make a difference. Someone will chime in to give facts on this. As far as disconnecting the battery, I dont think that you did any thing to the comp. A few days after the install of the procats I thought I lost power also, until I ran my car with the g-timer and found that I actually gotten a better time. So I thought about it and I just got used to it, the power. Then that night I raced a srt-4 and beat him by a car length at 80mph when we both shut it down. So I knew it was me just used to the car. With the cai, exhaust, and pulley I was getting times from 5.80-6.10. I think the street can have alot to do with it, with the tires grabbing also. I would get 6.10 on one street, and in a different town I would get 5.80. It matters on the traction you get off the line. Dont sweat it, I dont think my car is any faster than yours, just try it out on a better street and when you launch press the gas down slowly, just enough that you dont get any spin. My horsepower was 246 at the dyno when I got the install. Did you dyno yours?

Quick Reply: Tl / Accord V6 Headers Are Here Look!!!!(Product Details pg 9)