Tl / Accord V6 Headers Are Here Look!!!!(Product Details pg 9)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 05:40 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by invincible569
ok.. well when its time for them to go on sale. PM me. No reason for E-Shift to not make a couple extra bucks again with a true savings group buy.

I'll be waiting...
Thats what I am saying...dont see it happening? Especially given the fact that that they are the exclusive ones out in the market right now with a system with no competition whatsoever. Give it a year or two...pricing will come down...maybe? Or it may increase due to economy?
Old 03-30-2006, 05:50 PM
tTLiang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Thats what I am saying...dont see it happening? Especially given the fact that that they are the exclusive ones out in the market right now with a system with no competition whatsoever. Give it a year or two...pricing will come down...maybe? Or it may increase due to economy?
i don't think Mike's trying to jack up the price per se. his cats are imports. exchange rate and shipping change all the time. he told me he'll adjust the price according to those factors so if price goes up it's shouldn't be bcuz of pure profit.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unless he sells by volume. I can see it now..

"E-SHIFT ProCats BLOWOUT SALE!!

Get them now while they are HOT!!! We've extended this discount to Acurazine members only with a limited supply! If you have dreamed of gaining some true raw power, this is your ticket! ON SALE NOW!!"

Anyhow.. thats how it would read.
Old 03-30-2006, 10:10 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by ttliang
i don't think Mike's trying to jack up the price per se. his cats are imports. exchange rate and shipping change all the time. he told me he'll adjust the price according to those factors so if price goes up it's shouldn't be bcuz of pure profit.
I wasnt insinuating this whatsoever that Mike was "jacking up the price" but stating that it only makes sense that those in on the first "test batch" per se would get a little bit better of a cost than those following the "proving" of the technology. And I think we are saying the same thing here.....price goes up due to economy (say economic conditions if you want)..... I understand sales and marketing as this is what I do for a living more or less....price equilibrium....law of deminishing returns...ect....he is FAR from this place in the maturity of this product given he is the only one out there with such a product at this point. Now if another company were to follow with a like product...THEN you would have a competitive situation...and as more people entered the market and it became more saturated....you would then run into the law of deminishing returns and his price would then fall to a different pricing structure/philosophy. Who knows...he may ALREADY be working at a cost plus philosophy.... BUT...given there isnt anybody else out there at this point...he can pretty much charge what the market would bear at this point. Why would it make sense for him to have a "fire sale" and blow these things out at this point? I think he already gives the AZ people "preferential treatment" as we are "near and dear to his heart" to some degree as we all were in on helping him prove the technology! Mike and Wayne at E-shift are some of the best guys out there for our cars in developing new products....and we all thank them very much for their continuing dedication to the development and betterment of the 3G TL model! I still am finding myself in awe of their unfounded dedication to customer satisfaction and quality products! (not to lay it on a little thick there...but this is one HELL of a company!)
Old 03-31-2006, 08:31 AM
tTLiang

i said it b4 and i'll say it again. very friendly yet professional people. can't say enough good things about them.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:58 AM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
what's the curren t price on these anyway?
Old 03-31-2006, 10:06 AM
370H-SSV-0773H

Wow, 36 pages of rubbish. Are there any pics of a header being adapted to a TL head that so happens to have a cast-in exhaust manifold?
Old 03-31-2006, 10:12 AM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

Why don't you just leave? I saw your other post as well about the charger and you obviouslty don't understand what is going on with our cars or have anything constructive to add. Support for a turbo platform on the TL would be so minimal it wouldn't be with the trouble. Not only that it's front drive so that kind of power wouldn'tr be of much use. Some of us here actually have something to add and respect the work being done for our cars. Coming in and calling that work rubbish is pretty fucked up. If you don't have anything to add just fucking leave so I don't have to read through your bullshit to get to what I am looking for
Old 03-31-2006, 10:25 AM
370H-SSV-0773H

Originally Posted by I-MOD
Why don't you just leave? I saw your other post as well about the charger and you obviouslty don't understand what is going on with our cars or have anything constructive to add. Support for a turbo platform on the TL would be so minimal it wouldn't be with the trouble. Not only that it's front drive so that kind of power wouldn'tr be of much use. Some of us here actually have something to add and respect the work being done for our cars. Coming in and calling that work rubbish is pretty fucked up. If you don't have anything to add just fucking leave so I don't have to read through your bullshit to get to what I am looking for
And obviously you don't know dick about the differences between a turbo and a SC. A SC is parasitic and in the end is way less efficient than a turbo.

I'd like to see pictures of a header on a 3G TL (or provide a link). That's all I really want to see.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:20 AM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

Look, I'm not going to ruin this thread by getting into a pissing contest with you, I've been a performance mechanic for about 12 years now so I got nothing to prove to you. Turboing a 3rd gen TL is retarded and isn't going to happen so no point is getting into that with you. The charger is a reality for TL owners and even if it's not as good as a turbo it's something that is being offered and works well. If you want to rant about a turbo for the TL that will never happen create your own thread and stop posting in threads that actually add to this forum. That way we don't have to read your retarded views about shit that will never happen

D.

Originally Posted by Turbo_Kidd
And obviously you don't know dick about the differences between a turbo and a SC. A SC is parasitic and in the end is way less efficient than a turbo.

I'd like to see pictures of a header on a 3G TL (or provide a link). That's all I really want to see.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:24 AM
ITL
I do my own work.

search, noob. you obviously show your ignorance with each post you make here. There aren't any headers available for this car, nor will there be any bolt on headers. The first thing off the manifold is catalytic converter...everything ahead of that is cast as part of the block.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:30 AM
370H-SSV-0773H

Originally Posted by ITL
search, noob. you obviously show your ignorance with each post you make here. There aren't any headers available for this car, nor will there be any bolt on headers. The first thing off the manifold is catalytic converter...everything ahead of that is cast as part of the block.
Perhaps you did not READ the 1st post of this thread. I did, so perhaps I just don't get WTF the OP is talking about when he said he installed a header.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts

These are high flow cats...some people call them downpipes, others call them headers...we all know they aren't true headers, and we all know what people are talking about when they say ProCats/high flow cats/downpipes/headers. To nit pick semantics is pointless, especially when everyone understands the meaning.
Old 03-31-2006, 11:45 AM
2018 TLX A-SPEC

Old 03-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Ak Ting Up

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow, 36 pages of rubbish. Are there any pics of a header being adapted to a TL head that so happens to have a cast-in exhaust manifold?
Turbo_Kidd, there are no 'headers' for the TL. The closest thig to a header for our car are the E-Cats which are high flow catalytic converters. I know the title of the thread says 'TL/Accord V6 Headers are hear', however that was discussed /explained during the first two pages. If you want to get more power out of your 3G/TL, buy the E-Cats. Everyone that has them seem very pleased.
'No, I haven't bought any yet, I'm waiting for my warranty to end'
Old 03-31-2006, 12:27 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by chill_dog

These are high flow cats...some people call them downpipes, others call them headers...we all know they aren't true headers, and we all know what people are talking about when they say ProCats/high flow cats/downpipes/headers. To nit pick semantics is pointless, especially when everyone understands the meaning.
No doubt! Couldnt agree more! And if you took the time to read the first post...then surely you could have continued through the thread and seen the pics of said product too.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:46 PM
Ryan Christopher

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I ordered mine at the beginning of the month and they where $1099. They where shipped out last week and I can't wait for them to get here. Jason
Old 03-31-2006, 07:06 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by ttliang
i said it b4 and i'll say it again. very friendly yet professional people. can't say enough good things about them.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:41 PM
Import and Domestic owner

Me too, awesome people. If every buisness ran like they do then we will be living in a nearly perfect world. I definately would like to do buisness with them again. A matter of fact when I get my supercharger installed I want to go up there to get back on the dyno to make sure my a/f is right and to also get some numbers. Great people to do buisness with A+
Old 04-03-2006, 01:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
ive followed this thread for a while which got me looking at the TL heads...from the drawing at acuraautomotive .org it looks to me like theres a manifold the should un bolt and alllow headers like comptech,DC,OBX,stone,alpha works to bolt right on? anyone have any input?
Old 04-03-2006, 06:39 AM
ITL
I do my own work.

Originally Posted by typeR
ive followed this thread for a while.....looks to me like theres a manifold the should un bolt and alllow headers.....to bolt right on? anyone have any input?
you obviously HAVEN'T followed this thread. We just had this discussion, again, about 5 posts ago.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Burning Brakes

ive followed this thread for a while which got me looking at the TL heads...from the drawing at acuraautomotive .org it looks to me like theres a manifold the should un bolt and alllow headers like comptech,DC,OBX,stone,alpha works to bolt right on? anyone have any input?
There is no room room for a tublar header design in the 3g TL this is close as your going to get
Old 04-03-2006, 08:12 AM
Burning Brakes

FYI

We are working on the stage 2 this week hope to have some results this week AKA down pipe
Old 04-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Import and Domestic owner

Nitro do you and mike have any other projects for our car in the making? I would love to have something else to increase torque. I would be happy to keep up with a stock EVO. The look on his face will be priceless if it will ever be possible. TO have the driver of an evo see a luxury Acura keep up with him
Old 04-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Ryan Christopher

The Head is cast with the manifold! There is no way to unbold it from the head. If we where able to replace the heads on the car then we could add headers. At this time, this is the only solution that we have and can't wait for mine to get here!!

Jason
Old 04-03-2006, 01:27 PM
Senior Moderator

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/...prddisplay.jsp

the collector in this drawing looks like it's bolted on?
Old 04-03-2006, 01:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Black_05_TL_6SP
The Head is cast with the manifold! There is no way to unbold it from the head. If we where able to replace the heads on the car then we could add headers. At this time, this is the only solution that we have and can't wait for mine to get here!!

Jason
ok they are cast ...from the pics they looked like it was bolted on
Old 04-03-2006, 03:42 PM
Ryan Christopher

ok they are cast ...from the pics they looked like it was bolted on
YEP!! It sucks. But the procats are the solution at this time. As compaired to the price of trying to swap the heads so you can add headers, its going to be alot less expensive. And as the gains have been proven, you just can't argue with that.

Jason
Old 04-05-2006, 12:34 PM
Ryan Christopher

Got them in and installed. WOW, can't say enough good things about them. Great alignment and fairly staight forward. Removing the factory cats proved to be the hardest part. I will be doing a install write up on it on the other thread that I started as soon as I have the time to sit down and do it. I will try to include as information about doing yourself and the tools needed, as well as the part # for the parts used from Honda/Acura. You only have to use RTV one joint, and that is the one on the rear cat. Jason
Old 04-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Nitrotiger
FYI

We are working on the stage 2 this week hope to have some results this week AKA down pipe
Any new developments on the stage 2?
Old 04-08-2006, 03:13 AM
10th Gear

Mike and E-Shift Performance are great. I just received my cats and noticed that they are made by ArvinMeritor's brand Metal'Cat. If this doesn't indicate it's high quality, then nothing else will. So I assume what E-shift did was used those cats and welded appropriate bends on the ends in order for them to bolt on.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:42 AM
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=Acuracy]Any new developments on the stage 2?[/QUOTe

Well stage 2 did not come through doing the second pipe is to much flow for the car. Basicly there is not enough back presure for the motor. As i stated before N/A needs a certian amount of back presure to be effcient. I lost 9whp and 20tq with the second piece. So as for the flow of the car we are maxed on the exhaust in. I am very happy that there is a company out there that is trying to do things to improve out J32
Old 04-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Pro

[QUOTE=Nitrotiger]
Originally Posted by Acuracy
Any new developments on the stage 2?[/QUOTe

Well stage 2 did not come through doing the second pipe is to much flow for the car. Basicly there is not enough back presure for the motor. As i stated before N/A needs a certian amount of back presure to be effcient. I lost 9whp and 20tq with the second piece. So as for the flow of the car we are maxed on the exhaust in. I am very happy that there is a company out there that is trying to do things to improve out J32

I definitely hear you about the guys from e shift trying to improve our j32...i did expect you to loose power because the lack of back pressure like you said, maybe the supercharged guys will see some gains from the second pipe......maybe blktl should try it out and see how it does.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:47 AM
SC+TL= maddness

just got my pro-cats the other day waitin for this place to kustom the j-pipe or what ever that is rite after the cat so ill let u guys know if i loose or gain power if i have time to dyno that shit.. waitin for my S/C and tanabe muffler too so im guessin that enough back presure so i wont loose power..
Old 04-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OK, What r u talking about - lose power? I don't understand? What is the deal? Do I need to mod something Else? Mike didn't say anything about this. In-fact he said he was getting a little more HP for the newer set of these. By opening the ports a little. So what is the deal????

And what should a guy have to pay to install the new pipes/cats on an 06 TL? Yes, I need to pay someone to do this. I Hate exhaust work!
Old 04-09-2006, 04:53 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by Spiritman
OK, What r u talking about - lose power? I don't understand? What is the deal? Do I need to mod something Else? Mike didn't say anything about this. In-fact he said he was getting a little more HP for the newer set of these. By opening the ports a little. So what is the deal????

And what should a guy have to pay to install the new pipes/cats on an 06 TL? Yes, I need to pay someone to do this. I Hate exhaust work!
They are talking about the V2/Stage II...not the regular pro cat setup. This was something additional they were trying.....
Old 04-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does this addon req the pro cat setup in the first place? if not is it better off jsut ot buy the stage 2 shit? im confused
Old 04-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tmntmn
just got my pro-cats the other day waitin for this place to kustom the j-pipe or what ever that is rite after the cat so ill let u guys know if i loose or gain power if i have time to dyno that shit.. waitin for my S/C and tanabe muffler too so im guessin that enough back presure so i wont loose power..
You don't need to custom anything with the pro cats what are you talking about
Old 04-09-2006, 10:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dr.Murdock
does this addon req the pro cat setup in the first place? if not is it better off jsut ot buy the stage 2 shit? im confused
There is not going to be any second set up so no need to worry
Old 04-09-2006, 11:56 PM
SC+TL= maddness

Originally Posted by Nitrotiger
You don't need to custom anything with the pro cats what are you talking about
im talkin about after the procat where the flexpipe is at..

Quick Reply: Tl / Accord V6 Headers Are Here Look!!!!(Product Details pg 9)