Tl / Accord V6 Headers Are Here Look!!!!(Product Details pg 9)

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 09:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hear ya looks like he made 303 on the sae side. bro your car is going to be a beast on the dyno i bet 330whp sae.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:57 AM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by Nitrotiger
hear ya looks like he made 303 on the sae side. bro your car is going to be a beast on the dyno i bet 330whp sae.

hahah.. that would be nice wouldn't it? well we'll see 2 fill-ups ago the gas station put in regular by accident.. i was pissed man.. i wanted to syphon the gas out..
Old 03-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Burning Brakes

octane boost will take care of that problem
Old 03-16-2006, 10:03 AM
321 whp SAE

octane boost will take care of that problem
yeah i used it right after that, but haven't since..
Old 03-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Burning Brakes

im sure your fine then 2 tanks it's gone im sure you ran it dry almost
Old 03-16-2006, 10:41 AM
321 whp SAE

im sure your fine then 2 tanks it's gone im sure you ran it dry almost
hah..yeah i did..
Old 03-16-2006, 11:09 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by wizlb
I know Comptech doesn't have headers for the 3Gen TL.
What they asked was...will your car with header pass emission inspection?
Simple question for those with the new headers.
Are you talking about the actual emissions test when they test for all the different levels of gases or the visual inspection that goes along with it?????
Old 03-16-2006, 05:05 PM
321 whp SAE

New Dyno.. SAE 321.2 torque 261.3

standard was 340 something.. me previous dyno before the cats was 309.. so i didn't get a big gain at all. my computer might be in learning mode though so we'll see..
Old 03-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
New Dyno.. SAE 321.2 torque 261.3

standard was 340 something.. me previous dyno before the cats was 309.. so i didn't get a big gain at all. my computer might be in learning mode though so we'll see..

Bro you got do some highway pulls on that car that computer is set for grandpa driving Yor needs to rumped ona few times. Yor car is saying i need some rock n roll And your Std was 331whp
Old 03-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Import and Domestic owner

I posted my track times on the other forum. I dont know what is going on with my car. I ran 14.7 at 96 mph consistantly three runs. Before the eshift procats and 18 whp less I was able to run 14.307. I am not saying the procats are bad at all, its my car, maybe the throttle body intake manifold spacers. My short time was 2.32 and my short time when I got 14.3 was 2.28 at 99.3 mph. The thing that gets me is that when I used the g-timer on the street I manage to pull 5.60 0-60. When I did it at the track with the g-timer it is 6.15. 60' were about the same on the street and track. I seem to be losing alot from 30mph to 60mph. I have the same tires and rims on the car when I ran the 14.30. The only things I did since then is the nrg voltage regulator, tb intake manifold spacers and eshift procats. I had 1/8 tank of gas each time. I would say that I am not getting traction when the vtec engages but I dont feel the tires spinning and I am not getting any wheel hop either, so I dont think traction is an issue here. Any feedback is appreciated. It is really bothering me. Im thinking is could be either the throttle body intake manifold spacers or nrg voltage regulator.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:30 PM
321 whp SAE

Bro you got do some highway pulls on that car that computer is set for grandpa driving Yor needs to rumped ona few times. Yor car is saying i need some rock n roll And your Std was 331whp
you sure it was 331? i thought it was more.. either way.. with the teins i can got wot in 1st.. it's crazy man.. the tires hold.. with more of the weight up front it's great.. but i'll tell you the clutch slipping into 2nd is really bad.. a pretty noticeable delay before it grabs again.. crazy!!
Old 03-16-2006, 06:38 PM
Burning Brakes

you sure it was 331? i thought it was more.. either way.. with the teins i can got wot in 1st.. it's crazy man.. the tires hold.. with more of the weight up front it's great.. but i'll tell you the clutch slipping into 2nd is really bad.. a pretty noticeable delay before it grabs again.. crazy!!
Yes good suspension is everything glad your hooking up in 1st now!!! I know the clutch is next "lol" hopefully we will have a fix for that soon.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by againstallodds1
I posted my track times on the other forum. I dont know what is going on with my car. I ran 14.7 at 96 mph consistantly three runs. Before the eshift procats and 18 whp less I was able to run 14.307. I am not saying the procats are bad at all, its my car, maybe the throttle body intake manifold spacers. My short time was 2.32 and my short time when I got 14.3 was 2.28 at 99.3 mph. The thing that gets me is that when I used the g-timer on the street I manage to pull 5.60 0-60. When I did it at the track with the g-timer it is 6.15. 60' were about the same on the street and track. I seem to be losing alot from 30mph to 60mph. I have the same tires and rims on the car when I ran the 14.30. The only things I did since then is the nrg voltage regulator, tb intake manifold spacers and eshift procats. I had 1/8 tank of gas each time. I would say that I am not getting traction when the vtec engages but I dont feel the tires spinning and I am not getting any wheel hop either, so I dont think traction is an issue here. Any feedback is appreciated. It is really bothering me. Im thinking is could be either the throttle body intake manifold spacers or nrg voltage regulator.
Hey bro the g timer and track are 2 defferent animals. Am i correct you went to the track?
Old 03-16-2006, 06:47 PM

Hey bro the g timer and track are 2 defferent animals. Am i correct you went to the track?
Yea I went to atco and pulled a 14.711 at 96 mph on tuesday. My best time was 14.307 before they closed for the season.
I used the g-timer at the track and the street the day before. I am not comparing g-timer to track times. I am saying that I used the g-timer the day before and pulled 5.60 0-60. the next day at the track I used the g-timer and went 6.15 0-60. The track times have nothing to do with the g-timer here. I am comparing my runs to the track and street.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Yea I went to atco and pulled a 14.711 at 96 mph on tuesday. My best time was 14.307 before they closed for the season.
I used the g-timer at the track and the street the day before. I am not comparing g-timer to track times. I am saying that I used the g-timer the day before and pulled 5.60 0-60. the next day at the track I used the g-timer and went 6.15 0-60. The track times have nothing to do with the g-timer here. I am comparing my runs to the track and street.
Everyday can be different my man dont get discouraged it will come your 14.3 on an auto is rare to begin with i have never seen an auto get passed 14.8 to be honest. at the track and that was with mods
Old 03-16-2006, 07:26 PM
tTLiang

Im thinking is could be either the throttle body intake manifold spacers or nrg voltage regulator.
i'm thinking when the IAT reads certain temp. and the ECU is going to react the certain way. originally it must have a data matrix or something like that for referencing. and the numbers were based on the original intake and throttle body air temp which is hotter before the outlaw. now with the spacer T/B, the temp reading is much lower therefore messes up the ECU reaction. anybody?
Old 03-16-2006, 10:31 PM
tTLiang

the pro-cat feeling is back. see my post here. this outlaw POS was killing me all these days after all. i'm happy again.

note to self again:
DO NOT mess around with the IAT sensor. it will affect car's performance in a big way. why didn't i listen to myself the first time?
Old 03-16-2006, 11:13 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ttliang
the pro-cat feeling is back. see my post here. this outlaw POS was killing me all these days after all. i'm happy again.

note to self again:
DO NOT mess around with the IAT sensor. it will affect car's performance in a big way. why didn't i listen to myself the first time?
Wow thats crazy...I have pro cats, CT (see below...faster) and again...didnt notice anything but loss of lag at start/increased response?
Old 03-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Are you running with EDFC? What settings? Front tie bar?
Old 03-16-2006, 11:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Wow thats crazy...I have pro cats, CT (see below...faster) and again...didnt notice anything but loss of lag at start/increased response?
Had the pro cats installed yesterday. Also relocated the air sensor on the AEM CAI back to factory and changed factory oil out with Mobil1 . Low end is much better and getting +4 MPG avg. even with aggressive driving.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:38 AM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by bTwix
Are you running with EDFC? What settings? Front tie bar?
yes i'm running th edfc.. i'm trying all different settings.. max stiffness isn't even that bad at all.. for normal driving the difference in settings aren't that noticeable.. the front tie bar i'm using is the greddy bar for the accord and the accord top hats.. see other thread.. looks nice and works great!!
Old 03-17-2006, 09:00 AM

I pulled off the outlaw engineering spacers. 2 of the nuts on the throttle body were completely loose. The other 2 were hand tight. I even torqued them down a week after I did the install. I am happy now, I have my power back.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:04 AM
ITL
I do my own work.

yes i'm running th edfc.. i'm trying all different settings.. max stiffness isn't even that bad at all.. for normal driving the difference in settings aren't that noticeable.. the front tie bar i'm using is the greddy bar for the accord and the accord top hats.. see other thread.. looks nice and works great!!
Did you have to drill holes for the Accord top hats to fit? If I remember correctly, I don't think the Accord studs have the same layout as the TL at that point.

I pulled off the outlaw engineering spacers. 2 of the nuts on the throttle body were completely loose. The other 2 were hand tight. I even torqued them down a week after I did the install. I am happy now, I have my power back.
So are you saying, having the cats installed, you have more power without the spacers? ...or did I just completely miss something?
Old 03-17-2006, 10:15 AM

[/QUOTE]So are you saying, having the cats installed, you have more power without the spacers? ...or did I just completely miss something?[/QUOTE]
Here is what I came to conclusion. I read a post from tltiang and he said that he took the outlaw out and his car feels alot better. I did the same thing cause my car was lagging power. I noticed the bolts on the throttle body were really loose. So I put it back together and she runs great again. More power . It could of been the outlaw, or loose bolts, or probably both. I think the combo did me it. But she is good now.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by ITL
Did you have to drill holes for the Accord top hats to fit? If I remember correctly, I don't think the Accord studs have the same layout as the TL at that point.

So are you saying, having the cats installed, you have more power without the spacers? ...or did I just completely miss something?
Here is what I came to conclusion. I read a post from tltiang and he said that he took the outlaw out and his car feels alot better. I did the same thing cause my car was lagging power. I noticed the bolts on the throttle body were really loose. So I put it back together and she runs great again. More power . It could of been the outlaw, or loose bolts, or probably both. I think the combo did me it. But she is good now.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:34 AM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by ITL

1 hole needed to be drilled .. mike from e-shift did this for me when he put the teins on..
Old 03-17-2006, 11:32 AM
Instructor

Having the ProCats installed by Tim Smith Acura on 28 Mar. They are concerned I might experience chek engine light problems, has anyone had this problem since installing their ProCats?
Old 03-17-2006, 11:44 AM
tTLiang

mine bolts were all tight so that's not it for me. could be a combo in your case. i even used the same gaskets so it's not gaskets either. i can only say it's the outlaw cuz that's the only thing i took out.

it drives much faster and nimble today. i'm so happy now after +- 3 weeks of oppression.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by ttliang
mine bolts were all tight so that's not it for me. could be a combo in your case. i even used the same gaskets so it's not gaskets either. i can only say it's the outlaw cuz that's the only thing i took out.

it drives much faster and nimble today. i'm so happy now after +- 3 weeks of oppression.
Well I took outlaw out of my car and it moves now. You took outlaw out and your car is moving now too. My guess is outlaw is a problem for our car.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:19 PM
tTLiang

Well I took outlaw out of my car and it moves now. You took outlaw out and your car is moving now too. My guess is outlaw is a problem for our car.
i've been wondering about this outlaw thing for some times now until i saw your post. when you said "no outlaw from ur previous runs (better)" that answered my quesiton. Thx.

maybe it's the NBP color..lol.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:30 PM

Yea I went to the track hoping to run a 13.9 and ended up running a 14.7 consistantly. It was 50 degrees outside, no wind and some fast cars were there. Before that I was thinking my car wasnt as fast and I just thought I was used to it. So I didnt think anything of it. I got my car dynoed at e-shift before and after procats and I got a 18 whp increase. Before procats I dynoed in at 228, after at 246. This is with outlaw installed on my car. So I thought I would be able to maybe get into 13's because before procats and outlaw I was able to pull a 14.300, 14.527. I knew it wasnt the procats because I seen the dyno before and after. I was getting traction and no wheel spin. Then I posted my times you came up to a conclusion. I am going out for a ride in my new TL " seems like it". Feels like I added the procats again.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SparkAF
Having the ProCats installed by Tim Smith Acura on 28 Mar. They are concerned I might experience chek engine light problems, has anyone had this problem since installing their ProCats?
No, you'll be fine. Just make sure you get the gaskets since Mike doesn't provide them with the kit. My installer reused the factory gaskets but couldn't for the b-pipe joint with the last cat so I'm getting a muffler shop to install one next week.

For future kits Mike should provide the gaskets with the kit since they're not easy to come by (had to get mine from Cali).
Old 03-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, I too couldn't read all 34 pages.... Are we lovin these pipes?? I emailed mike to see when I could get a set. No codes? All is good out there???? Yes??
Old 03-18-2006, 03:34 PM
321 whp SAE

I think i'm finally feeling the results of the cats.. after i dynoed at 321 i drove the car hard.. Now it feels totally different.. more power.. gonna get it back to the dyno to see if i'm higher than 321 SAE i think i am..
Old 03-20-2006, 12:33 AM
Racer

Resonance

I'm getting resonance at 1-1.5k (1/4+ throttle) and 4k (light throttle). Same for anyone else?
Old 03-20-2006, 05:22 AM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by bTwix
I'm getting resonance at 1-1.5k (1/4+ throttle) and 4k (light throttle). Same for anyone else?
absolutely... pretty much describes what i'm hearing to a T. more noise
Old 03-20-2006, 07:32 AM

I posted the same thing a while back and got no responce. Around 3800 to 4400 a vibration in the pedal and the floor more at 1st gear a little less at 2nd and 3rd barely there. My mechanic told me it is torque your feeling through the chassis. I was very worried about it for a while. It even rattled one of my exhaust bolts off too. He replaced it with a new one. But I feel it too. Im glad someone else feels it also.
Old 03-20-2006, 08:34 AM
321 whp SAE

yeah man.. even at wot.. from 4k to redline it's raspier.. hey.. before you get the charger you might want to think about relocationg your battery to the trunk.. i am going to do mine but it's a pain because the blower has to be moved.. i wish i had done it before the charger..
Old 03-20-2006, 09:02 AM

yeah man.. even at wot.. from 4k to redline it's raspier.. hey.. before you get the charger you might want to think about relocationg your battery to the trunk.. i am going to do mine but it's a pain because the blower has to be moved.. i wish i had done it before the charger..
Yea nitro said the same thing to have it moved to the trunk. I will be having it moved. Thanks for the info. I want to find out about those gauges.
Old 03-20-2006, 09:22 AM
Burning Brakes

what the cheepest price for the S/C i think i need one but i am not putting one in before i get a some type of clutch it's a must on a 6MT

Quick Reply: Tl / Accord V6 Headers Are Here Look!!!!(Product Details pg 9)