Tl / Accord V6 Headers Are Here Look!!!!(Product Details pg 9)

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 03:41 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Ya...the weight was off - I had to add like 350 pounds over what default was as I remember...and I was also tracking HP....so was trying to get these factors as close as possible to accurate.
Old 03-02-2006, 04:11 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
god...see how that works...been wondering now nonstop....could I have lost something - settings or presets or something in the computer that the SSC guys may have done for me while tinkering with the car by disconnecting the battery and resetting the computer? What do you guys think? Or again...am I just paranoid?
Solved my own paranoia....called SSC. They said that they did nothing to the ECU (nor disconnected the battery on install of the cats) and figured they would just let it learn itself as most mfgs like UR mention that many times you will not see much of the potential gain until after the computer has adjusted for em over a week or so. What I did was take the car from a semi-adjusted out position from the mods I had on before the cats (for several thousand miles) (CT, CAI, ect) and took it back to OEM settings...meaning I actually did change the curve a bit....and should return back the more miles the car has to adjust out again. So in actuality...it may be a bit different now than it was before I disconnected the battery....and continue to get better as the parts and ECU have time to "shake hands" properly again over the next few days/weeks. In actuality...I think they probably will be better off now than left alone...as suggested originally by Mike at E-shift. Thats why I figured I should disconnect the battery again just to make sure it was done like E-shift suggested. This way all the parts can shake hands at once with the ECU and adjust out properly given the new circumstances? So far I have only driven about 4 miles since disconnect...so I have a bit more adjusting out to happen yet...which is why it "feels" different than when I was at lunch before I disconnected the battery. Never did that before except right after I installed the CAI...and the difference was not so dramatic then? Guess it is the fact that there was a lot of stuff on there before the cat install that the ECU lost the settings for and now must relearn again?
Old 03-02-2006, 04:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by 05TLTony
Are the RL and MDX 3.5L engines identical except for the tunning to make the RL more horses?
rl, mdx oddessey ,accord, pilot, and one other honda cant remember, anyway all share the same basic block . all that would be needed is say an MDX or oddessey crank and rods no real tuning would be nessecary everything would bolt right up ...but dont take my word for it...
Old 03-02-2006, 07:30 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Hard to believe that 17whp would add up to 1/2 second off your 1/4 mile .. then again it's so hard to determine all that goes into one 1/4 mile run (weather, traction, technique, weight, tire inflation, etc).
Old 03-02-2006, 07:48 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
Hard to believe that 17whp would add up to 1/2 second off your 1/4 mile .. then again it's so hard to determine all that goes into one 1/4 mile run (weather, traction, technique, weight, tire inflation, etc).
technique is something I gotta work on...right now my technique has been smash and hang on....gotta play around and try some different take off methods, etc. Press peddle instead of smash...ect. Its just, when you smash it now and get so much rubber to the road...its kind of fun and hard not to keep "playing"! I was all worried earlier that I may have changed something because I disconnected the battery and reset the ECU again at lunch to make sure it was done originally - and I thought I had changed something drastically. Maybe? Stopped on the way home and gave it another smash and hang....burned the tires even more than Monday night. I think the ECU is recalibrating for the new parts and puts out more power the longer I drive it? At least thats how it seems now.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by PeterUbers
keep in mind that 17 hp accross the band is much different than the typical 17 hp peak gain only realized at the top of the rpm
Old 03-02-2006, 08:21 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by typeR
rl, mdx oddessey ,accord, pilot, and one other honda cant remember, anyway all share the same basic block . all that would be needed is say an MDX or oddessey crank and rods no real tuning would be nessecary everything would bolt right up ...but dont take my word for it...
257/hp/232 lb.ft

What kind of a dyno was that on? Weather conditions at the time?

Just curious.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
257/hp/232 lb.ft

What kind of a dyno was that on? Weather conditions at the time?

Just curious.
mustang dyno ...cant remember the weather but ill look at the dyno again...
Edit: dyno 3-18 at 720 pm i dont remember the temps or humidty, but if i recall the correction factor was.99
Old 03-03-2006, 07:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It may bolt right up but I think that with bigger displacement your gonna need tuning. If you want to go ahead and just bolt up and run go ahead but I dont think youll get very far!!
Old 03-03-2006, 07:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by blktl1
It may bolt right up but I think that with bigger displacement your gonna need tuning. If you want to go ahead and just bolt up and run go ahead but I dont think youll get very far!!
really ? read my sig
Old 03-03-2006, 08:02 AM
Burning Brakes

really ? read my sig
You have no problems what so ever. I am surprised. i would think it would require tuning. i guess I am proven wrong. How reliable is it?? How long have you had your setup??
Old 03-03-2006, 08:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by blktl1
You have no problems what so ever. I am surprised. i would think it would require tuning. i guess I am proven wrong. How reliable is it?? How long have you had your setup??
3 years not a single issue
Old 03-03-2006, 08:38 AM
Burning Brakes

huh, good to know!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:55 AM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
...you should drive it up the highway to Orlando on the 11th of March.

Florida meet!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
keep in mind that 17 hp accross the band is much different than the typical 17 hp peak gain only realized at the top of the rpm
that is a good point, makes more sense. I think 29 pages have finally convinced me that I want these things. Much more affordable than the s/c for now.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday. I am going to try and find someone with a dyno that can install them early next week. I can't wait to see what the gains are.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:33 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by dan.....k
Mine arrived yesterday. I am going to try and find someone with a dyno that can install them early next week. I can't wait to see what the gains are.
It's going to be ridiculous.
Old 03-04-2006, 04:14 PM
321 whp SAE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We hope .. pray for no CEL.. mine are getting put on wednesday.. dyno that day or the next..
Old 03-07-2006, 07:00 AM
10th Gear

accord here

Hey guys,

I'm an Accord owner and wanted to chime in. I found out about the pro-cats from v6p.net and I've been keeping up with this thread since page 3. From what I've read, I can't wait to get the cats on. I have a V6 auto sedan with a V2 intake. Hopefully, I'll see at least 15whp gain.

BTW, has anyone made payment on the second batch? I'm wondering how much Mike is charging for the cats now for people in the group buy, since I was charged $1120.

Also, regarding the 3.5L conversion, there is an accord coupe owner doing that. He's been keeping a log over at v6p. He's been having a lot of minor fitment issues here and there.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:45 AM
Dr. Feelgood

[QUOTE=joedanger11]
BTW, has anyone made payment on the second batch? I'm wondering how much Mike is charging for the cats now for people in the group buy, since I was charged $1120.

Is that the price with install and dyno?
Old 03-07-2006, 08:43 AM
10th Gear

nope, that's just for the cats shipped to TX. 1100 plus shipping.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:00 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

My guess would be that the cost was a minor bit cheaper for those of us that were in on the front end of the first set ; semi-unproven deal/technology. Not to mention there are a lot of price increases that are occuring in the shipping industry (shipping of parts into him and out to you, etc) Now that this has been proven effective on SEVERAL different permutations of TL's, fact is....they should be worth more money than he is asking. I would recommend that anybody that is thinking about this get on the bandwagon as soon as possible as the more people that prove this part worthy....the likelyhood would be that they would be worth more money on the front side. Proven technology is always worth more than a theory....and this is really at this point PROVEN TECHNOLOGY. Yes...there is still the longivity factor that is unproven...but the more and more miles that get racked on our cars that have the E-Shift Pro Cat system without check engine lights nor problems, that will also be a home run! Given the HP increase shown/proven though both dyno sheets and timed runs show that this is a great performance enhancement for our cars that is hands down the best bang for the buck out there right now.

Comptech Supercharger = $4000 boasts 60WHP @ $66.66/HP
E-Shift Pro Cat System = $1100 boasts 20WHP @ $55.00/HP

See my point folks...get on board now before the price goes up! If he followed Comptechs HP rating/pricing theory...these would be priced at around $1340....like I said....this is a great value hands down! Now...honestly....this is more what I would expect avg to come out like....not stating the max gains like most brochures do...but what avg gains are....cutting though some of the max gains sales talk here: this is what I would expect reality to look like....

Comptech Supercharger = $4000 avg 45WHP @ $88.88/HP
E-Shift Pro Cat System = $1100 avg 17WHP @ $64.70/HP

This does not factor in installation labor expenses....which would tend to make these figures skew even father apart as the cats are about a $140 install cost compared to the CT S/C'er install of around $500 - $900, depending on who you have do it. Bottom line....get em now or dont say I didnt tell you so when the price continues to creep up as shipping becomes more expensive and the technology is proven more and more. The Australian Dollar is currently exchanging at a rate of .7475 (3/3/06) so the exchange rate is favorable still for us(I seem to remember him saying these were imported from Australia earlier in the thread) but obviously with a cash outlay on parts up front, increasing shipping expenses, and the labor factor of assembling the product...this guy is gonna have to start making some return on his investment soon, so I would jump in as soon as possible to avoid as much of this yet to be realized gain as possible. These are well made units with great proven gains.....again...highly recommend.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Good write up BEnz. you are correct, E-Shift stated that the first round was a group buy and was the cheapest you were going to get it for. I am unsure what they are charging know but he did state the the first was a special and he is holding by his terms. This product has proven itself time after time on multiple TLs as well as Tl's on different dynos other than his. If you look at his design as apposed to the stock you can see why the increase is so sufficent. ontop of being a high flow cat, the initial collector off the block is increased in size and the shape was changed to allow better air flow. I was one of the first to have these on my car and I am definately a satisfied customer. I myself had my concerns about the gains but that was quickly clarified as they strapped my car to the dyno. with my baseline mods I made 244whp on one run on the dyno. right after before break in I made 264whp.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Dr. Feelgood

Originally Posted by joedanger11
nope, that's just for the cats shipped to TX. 1100 plus shipping.
That's how much I paid for mine.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Ryan Christopher

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ordered Mine!!!

I called and placed my order today (3-7-06). I am very excited. This is my Birthday present at the end of the month. I will be doing the install myself once I get them. Once I have some time I am going to get it on the dyno. I will post the results from the as another testimony and it will be from a different dyno again. The more we have from different dynos ther more it proves its worth. I am still in the air about the type of exhaust I want to do. I did get a dyno done since the install of the Injen intake. I showed very little peak HP gain, but it made 7-9 HP more over the majority of the curve and 8-10 ft/tq over the curve. So I was happy about that. I did modify the Injen to have the IAT sensor on the intake, but did not dyno it with it there. I had moved it during the winter to help with gas.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:51 PM
10th Gear

Thanks Benz for the run down. I'm sold! You should be in ESPs marketing department. Regardless of the increase in price, I do feel that it will be well worth it. I will also contribute to the testimonies although I have an Accord.

I think this was mentioned before, but having comptechs exhaust does cause a loss in the low end, right?
Old 03-08-2006, 02:00 AM
tehLEGOman

Originally Posted by bklynpanman
We hope .. pray for no CEL.. mine are getting put on wednesday.. dyno that day or the next..
Today is the day!

Supercharger + Procats combo!

I hope the Comptech ACM will compensate for the extra airflow.

Let us know how it does..thanks bro.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Burning Brakes

4k and still going strong Boy's and Girls NO CEL plenty of power
Old 03-09-2006, 12:30 AM
tehLEGOman

Was it a go or no go?!

No news is good news.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:37 AM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by ACCURATEin
Was it a go or no go?!

No news is good news.
i'll pick it up today.. it was difficult.. had to remove the blower and a lot of other stuff..
Old 03-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Im looking forward to hearing the numbers. Im thinking 335+whp. anyone else?????
Old 03-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Import and Domestic owner

Me too, anxiously awaiting to hear. My guess is 335 also.
Old 03-09-2006, 04:35 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Click Here For A Message From Judge Smails!
and

Click Here Too!

Just Kidding! I bet his car does really well...also kind of waiting and wondering.....
Old 03-09-2006, 04:48 PM
321 whp SAE

just got the car back.. doesn't feel any different.. i will drive a bit more tonight and keep you updated.. hope to be on the dyno very soon..
Old 03-09-2006, 04:50 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

just got the car back.. doesn't feel any different.. i will drive a bit more tonight and keep you updated.. hope to be on the dyno very soon..
Woohoo! We've been here waiting for you to get back! Wow...doesnt feel any different huh>crazy! I noticed mine right away.....but I dont have SC on yet so that only goes to make sense! Keep us informed!
Old 03-09-2006, 06:03 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Bklynpanman....I was thinking about this on the way home...I bet you are just feeling the reset of the ECU....I freaked out afterwards when I got home and reset mine, I thought I had lost everything. Took just a little driving....and it all went back to the way it was. Just keep driving! I actually took 4 people to the supercross in my car...just to add extra weight....seemed to bring it around a little faster? I had driven it for about two days and then that night went to the supercross and I drove. Oddly...the next day it was all better? Made all kinds of power once I got back to just me in the car! Dont know if there was a relationship to all the weight it had to pull or not....but either way....2-3 days of driving will do it!
Old 03-09-2006, 06:16 PM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by MichaelBenz
Bklynpanman....I was thinking about this on the way home...I bet you are just feeling the reset of the ECU....I freaked out afterwards when I got home and reset mine, I thought I had lost everything. Took just a little driving....and it all went back to the way it was. Just keep driving! I actually took 4 people to the supercross in my car...just to add extra weight....seemed to bring it around a little faster? I had driven it for about two days and then that night went to the supercross and I drove. Oddly...the next day it was all better? Made all kinds of power once I got back to just me in the car! Dont know if there was a relationship to all the weight it had to pull or not....but either way....2-3 days of driving will do it!

thanks for the advice.. i actually didn't reset the ecu. i'll dyno it and see .. then i'll probably reset it if it doesn't show a gain.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:41 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

thanks for the advice.. i actually didn't reset the ecu. i'll dyno it and see .. then i'll probably reset it if it doesn't show a gain.
Ya....mine didnt get reset at initial install either....then I reset a day later and freaked out thinking I messed something up or lost something. I highly recommend resetting the ECU as soon as possible though so the car will get back to itself....if you do it later....it will just be that much longer before it gets to where it should be. Just go pop the neg off the battery for about 20 minutes and it will return to OEM positions.....then reset itself back to normal(what your used to) over the next few days of driving. More driving is better, obviously!
Old 03-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Burning Brakes

I bet its just real smooth and hard to notice i bet your tq numbers are higher and there is noway you did not gain hp
Old 03-09-2006, 08:05 PM
321 whp SAE

Originally Posted by Nitrotiger
I bet its just real smooth and hard to notice i bet your tq numbers are higher and there is noway you did not gain hp
yeah it is nice and smooth.. i agree.. has to be gains.. sounds a little nastier too .. especially around 6k.. my wideband is hooked up now and the fuel looks good.. gets pretty rich around 6k.. in the 10's.. i'm not complaining about that though.. better then 17!!!!

Quick Reply: Tl / Accord V6 Headers Are Here Look!!!!(Product Details pg 9)